Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Waveswept Wanderers | Pinkerlocke
1 2 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Another Beginning

It was the evening after the attack. Basil slept on, Zyl still stood watch over him, and Saiph stood watch over the pair of them. Ravage and Savir were resting next to each other, amusing each other by seeing who could make up the most ridiculous stories for how they got their new scars. Rue and Arabella were setting their alarm circles around the camp. Heth had just returned from hunting with Tagu.

Ishikk gave a significant look to Arabella who nodded calmly at him and finished her spell before joining him in the middle of camp. The others looked over at them curiously.

Ishikk cleared his throat “So. We were going to say something yesterday, but figured we could do it just as easily once we were all on the move. Then… everything happened… and well, here.” he opened his pack, pulling out three perfectly healthy looking eggs.

“EGGS!” Ravage crowed excitedly, struggling to try to get up.

“I will bring them to you, settle down, Mother.” Ishikk chuckled, hurrying over with them. “I did not heal your legs for you to mess them up again being impatient.”

“They’re going to be so shiny!” Ravage’s wings fluttered with excitement as she inspected the shells of her future grandchildren. “With how you and Arabella look they have to be!”

Ishikk laughed again “Ah, yes. I found the shiniest mate I could, just to give you shiny hatchlings.” he joked.

“It’s a miracle they were not damaged last night.” Heth murmured, touching them each in turn with his snout.

“We had already packed them before bed, and Arabella had put a small spell on the bag to protect them from getting jostled too much.” Ishikk explained, smiling proudly at his mate.

“They will more than likely come out as pearlcatchers.” Arabella noted “If you all do not mind, I would like to instruct you all on a few key points such as pearl, horn, and whisker care. I have no intention to die and leave them alone, but I would like the information to be known to you all, in case of unforeseen accidents. I know you would care for them well.”

Ishikk looked uncomfortable at her statement and cleared his throat. “Well. Nothing is going to happen to you, I will make sure of that. But it would be good to know anyway, that way it won’t all fall onto you to care for them. I don’t intend to be a useless father.” he declared stubbornly, earning an affectionate nuzzle from Arabella.

“Water eggs look really weird.” Tagu commented, poking his head out from between Heth’s forelegs, making the bogsneak jump at his sudden appearance.

“Was my egg that…. Rough looking? Did….Did it hurt?” Savir asked, staring down at the barnacle encrusted eggs as well.

“They don’t come out that rough.” Ravage laughed. “The rough bits grow on them after a couple of hours to protect them and help disguise them among rocks underwater.”

“I don’t think there would be a dragon alive willing to lay a nest in the Water territory if they came out that rough.” Arabella commented with a small grin and a shake of her head.

Saiph joined them, curious to look as well. “They’re so…. Tiny.” he breathed, carefully keeping his distance from such fragile beings.

“You should see fae eggs.” Zyl said quietly from where they lounged next to Basil. “I could easily hold one in the palm of my forepaw.”

Saiph glanced at Zyl’s small paws and shook his massive head in wonder. “I would be so afraid to be around one. I could crush it and never even know it was there.” he shuddered visibly.

“There, there, big guy. No use fussing over something that hasn’t happened.” Tagu assured him, landing on Saiph’s head and wrapping himself around one of the guardian’s horns.

“Does this mean we will have to stay here while they grow up?” Rue asked anxiously, shuffling her small wings.

“Nah,” Ishikk assured her. “We already talked it over and we don’t think it will be a problem to just use harnesses on the hatchlings during flight. That way we can go get you and Savir your wing upgrades and the hatchlings can get used to how we roam around. As soon as it is safe to move Basil we can head out.”

Rue smiled, clearly relieved.

“And I will carry Basil once he has recovered some and it is safe to move him.” Saiph added happily.

Zyl’s feather’s fluffed slightly at the declaration. “He is small enough that I should have no trouble carrying him.” they said flatly.

“And I will be on standby should you need a rest.” Saiph replied, undeterred.

Zyl sighed softly through their nose but let the matter go for the moment.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012
@MisterMylez
@PurpleIsAFruit

Another Beginning

It was the evening after the attack. Basil slept on, Zyl still stood watch over him, and Saiph stood watch over the pair of them. Ravage and Savir were resting next to each other, amusing each other by seeing who could make up the most ridiculous stories for how they got their new scars. Rue and Arabella were setting their alarm circles around the camp. Heth had just returned from hunting with Tagu.

Ishikk gave a significant look to Arabella who nodded calmly at him and finished her spell before joining him in the middle of camp. The others looked over at them curiously.

Ishikk cleared his throat “So. We were going to say something yesterday, but figured we could do it just as easily once we were all on the move. Then… everything happened… and well, here.” he opened his pack, pulling out three perfectly healthy looking eggs.

“EGGS!” Ravage crowed excitedly, struggling to try to get up.

“I will bring them to you, settle down, Mother.” Ishikk chuckled, hurrying over with them. “I did not heal your legs for you to mess them up again being impatient.”

“They’re going to be so shiny!” Ravage’s wings fluttered with excitement as she inspected the shells of her future grandchildren. “With how you and Arabella look they have to be!”

Ishikk laughed again “Ah, yes. I found the shiniest mate I could, just to give you shiny hatchlings.” he joked.

“It’s a miracle they were not damaged last night.” Heth murmured, touching them each in turn with his snout.

“We had already packed them before bed, and Arabella had put a small spell on the bag to protect them from getting jostled too much.” Ishikk explained, smiling proudly at his mate.

“They will more than likely come out as pearlcatchers.” Arabella noted “If you all do not mind, I would like to instruct you all on a few key points such as pearl, horn, and whisker care. I have no intention to die and leave them alone, but I would like the information to be known to you all, in case of unforeseen accidents. I know you would care for them well.”

Ishikk looked uncomfortable at her statement and cleared his throat. “Well. Nothing is going to happen to you, I will make sure of that. But it would be good to know anyway, that way it won’t all fall onto you to care for them. I don’t intend to be a useless father.” he declared stubbornly, earning an affectionate nuzzle from Arabella.

“Water eggs look really weird.” Tagu commented, poking his head out from between Heth’s forelegs, making the bogsneak jump at his sudden appearance.

“Was my egg that…. Rough looking? Did….Did it hurt?” Savir asked, staring down at the barnacle encrusted eggs as well.

“They don’t come out that rough.” Ravage laughed. “The rough bits grow on them after a couple of hours to protect them and help disguise them among rocks underwater.”

“I don’t think there would be a dragon alive willing to lay a nest in the Water territory if they came out that rough.” Arabella commented with a small grin and a shake of her head.

Saiph joined them, curious to look as well. “They’re so…. Tiny.” he breathed, carefully keeping his distance from such fragile beings.

“You should see fae eggs.” Zyl said quietly from where they lounged next to Basil. “I could easily hold one in the palm of my forepaw.”

Saiph glanced at Zyl’s small paws and shook his massive head in wonder. “I would be so afraid to be around one. I could crush it and never even know it was there.” he shuddered visibly.

“There, there, big guy. No use fussing over something that hasn’t happened.” Tagu assured him, landing on Saiph’s head and wrapping himself around one of the guardian’s horns.

“Does this mean we will have to stay here while they grow up?” Rue asked anxiously, shuffling her small wings.

“Nah,” Ishikk assured her. “We already talked it over and we don’t think it will be a problem to just use harnesses on the hatchlings during flight. That way we can go get you and Savir your wing upgrades and the hatchlings can get used to how we roam around. As soon as it is safe to move Basil we can head out.”

Rue smiled, clearly relieved.

“And I will carry Basil once he has recovered some and it is safe to move him.” Saiph added happily.

Zyl’s feather’s fluffed slightly at the declaration. “He is small enough that I should have no trouble carrying him.” they said flatly.

“And I will be on standby should you need a rest.” Saiph replied, undeterred.

Zyl sighed softly through their nose but let the matter go for the moment.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012
@MisterMylez
@PurpleIsAFruit

They/Them FR+2
Thought I would post some more size comparisons. [center][img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/406cc8bf9e93dbf6ce22f335d25ffc5d/tumblr_puhwemy8oW1y859bpo1_1280.png[/img] Zyl, Basil, Tagu, and Saiph. Spirals are already so smol and then you have these two being on the lower end of the spectrum even by Spiral standards, compared to Zyl and Saiph who are both on the larger end of their own breeds X,D [img]https://66.media.tumblr.com/dfeeab90f93a9d28245b0864e779d667/tumblr_puhwemy8oW1y859bpo2_500.png[/img] And Ishikk loves his tiny wife. [/center]
Thought I would post some more size comparisons.
tumblr_puhwemy8oW1y859bpo1_1280.png

Zyl, Basil, Tagu, and Saiph.
Spirals are already so smol and then you have these two being on the lower end of the spectrum even by Spiral standards, compared to Zyl and Saiph who are both on the larger end of their own breeds X,D

tumblr_puhwemy8oW1y859bpo2_500.png

And Ishikk loves his tiny wife.
They/Them FR+2
cat in the hat: eggs! EGGS!

seriously though im excited. and omg ishikk is a big boi compared to arabella
cat in the hat: eggs! EGGS!

seriously though im excited. and omg ishikk is a big boi compared to arabella
8BSeJPmyIO3z8AAAAASUVORK5CYII.png
Pinkerlocke? Not now, but one day...
MisterMylez
Ikr??? I keep forgetting how small Arabella is XD
MisterMylez
Ikr??? I keep forgetting how small Arabella is XD
They/Them FR+2
petit gurl
petit gurl
Definitely suits her fighting style of staying further away and shooting off energy bolts. Most enemies would crush her.
Definitely suits her fighting style of staying further away and shooting off energy bolts. Most enemies would crush her.
They/Them FR+2
wow i never noticed that!
wow i never noticed that!
Confessions

“Oh good! You are awake! Are you hungry?”

Basil raised his head in confusion, trying to locate the unfamiliar voice. He found himself surrounded on most sides by the huge bulk of a dragon and craned his neck, peering up to discover it was a guardian.

“Who are you?” he asked nervously, shifting a bit in case he needed to try to escape.

“My name is Saiph, it is an honor to meet you, Basil.” the giant rumbled, smiling down at the tiny spiral. Noting the small movements in Basil’s body he frowned slightly. “Oh. Please do not move much, you could reopen your injuries. Zyl will be back shortly, they needed to go relieve themself.”

Basil relaxed again; if this dragon knew Zyl’s pronouns then he must have been invited to stay. “It is a pleasure, my mother is a guardian, actually.”

Saiph brightened at the news. “Ah! What a wonderful coincidence! So you must be familiar with Charges then. May I ask what your mother’s is?”

“The cavern our clan lives in has a large deposit of sacridite. Mother felt it her calling to protect it and help it grow. Now the cavern is practically overflowing with it. The colors vary based on the dragons who spend the most time around each cluster.” Basil explained eagerly.

“That sounds beautiful. I would love to see that someday, if I am able.” Saiph said.

“We don’t know how long it will be until we visit again.” Zyl told him, hurrying over to Basil to check his condition.

“So will you be staying with us for some time then, Saiph?” Basil asked curiously.

The guardian nodded proudly then lowered his head until his nose touched the ground in front of Basil, bowing as best he was able to in a reclined position in front of a dragon so much smaller than himself. “I will be staying with you for the rest of our lives. You are my Charge.” he declared solemnly.

A small popping noise issued from Zyl’s jaw, they clenched it so hard.

Basil looked from Saiph to Zyl in bewilderment. “Is he being serious?” he whispered softly.

Zyl nodded “Though you can refuse. You are under no obligation to accept becoming a Charge.”

“Are you quite sure I am your Charge?” Basil asked Saiph more loudly, shuffling slightly. “I am not a dragon of note or particular ability. I am just a wanderer and cartographer.”

“I am certain.” Saiph insisted firmly, but not unkindly. “There is no criteria for a Charge. It could be something as grand as the shards of the Pillar or as simple as a shell found on the beach. I felt a connection spark between us the moment I laid my eyes on you. I know you are the one I was born to protect. I must beg your forgiveness for not finding you sooner. I may have been able to prevent some of the damage that feral caused.”

“HEY YOU’RE AWAKE!” Basil jumped as a strange Spiral darted in and landed close enough in front of him their noses were almost touching. “My name is Tagu! Nice to meet ya! I’m Saiph’s best friend. Since you’re his Charge and all I guess we should get to know each other. We are going to be stuck together from now on, huh? So what do you like to do? How old are you? What is your home like? Why did you leave? Wh-”

“ENOUGH!” Zyl broke in sharply, cutting off Tagu “Basil still needs to rest a lot. You will get to know him soon enough, but for now he needs to eat and I need to change his bandages.”

“Got it! Talk to you soon, Basil!” Tagu chirped, taking off again.

He was back in seconds. “Hey! Those eggs are hatching!” he told them excitedly before shooting off again.

“Eggs?” Basil asked, looking at Zyl in confusion.

“Ishikk apparently takes after his parents for hiding eggs in his travel bags. He at least let us know about them before they were hatching in his bags. Arabella and Rue can handle the newborns, you are not getting out of this bandage change.” They replied calmly.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Saiph offered, hovering protectively.

“Give me some space to work. Go watch the hatching, I will call if I need any help.” Zyl replied, their words short but their tone not sharp. Basil cocked his head slightly, unused to their friend being so curt to someone trying to help them.

Saiph hesitated, clearly torn. Basil smiled up at him. “I am in great hands, I will be alright.” he assured his new protector.

Saiph nodded, obviously relieved by his assurances. He turned and went to join the other dragons.

“Why don’t you like him?” Basil asked Zyl curiously, getting right to the point. If there was something off about their group dynamic it would affect how successful they were in their travels, and more importantly he hated to see the person most important to him upset.

Zyl was silent for a few moments, setting up their supplies within easy pawreach so the process of changing bandages would go more smoothly once started. They seemed to be struggling with what to say so Basil waited patiently, knowing Zyl would not simply ignore him.

“…..he makes me jealous….” they finally murmured, so softly Basil almost missed it. “I…. I failed to protect you… and he is so obviously more suited to defending…. And the way he talks….” Zyl let out a frustrated hiss. “They way he talks almost sounds like he is trying to court you as a mate.”

“Well, it’s too bad for him that I am already quite happy with the mate I have.” Basil replied, feeling his stomach tie itself into knots as he spoke the words. He and Zyl had never touched base on the rest of the clan calling them mates until now. He desperately hoped that Zyl felt the same way that he did. “If he does try to approach me romantically I will just have to tell him so myself.”

Zyl stared at Basil for several long moments. “You really want to be mates?” They asked, a vulnerable edge to their voice Basil had never heard before.

“Yes.” Basil replied softly. “Do you?”

“Only since we first set out on this.” Zyl chuckled quietly. “I… I should have brought it up before now… But I was...”

“Afraid it would ruin how close we were if I didnt feel the same way?” Basil laughed wryly “Yeah, back at you.”

“Basil, I love you.” Zyl said tenderly, nuzzling the smaller dragon while being careful of his wounds.

“I love you, Zyl.” Basil replied warmly, nuzzling back as best he could.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012
@MisterMylez
@PurpleIsAFruit

Soft Gays TM
Confessions

“Oh good! You are awake! Are you hungry?”

Basil raised his head in confusion, trying to locate the unfamiliar voice. He found himself surrounded on most sides by the huge bulk of a dragon and craned his neck, peering up to discover it was a guardian.

“Who are you?” he asked nervously, shifting a bit in case he needed to try to escape.

“My name is Saiph, it is an honor to meet you, Basil.” the giant rumbled, smiling down at the tiny spiral. Noting the small movements in Basil’s body he frowned slightly. “Oh. Please do not move much, you could reopen your injuries. Zyl will be back shortly, they needed to go relieve themself.”

Basil relaxed again; if this dragon knew Zyl’s pronouns then he must have been invited to stay. “It is a pleasure, my mother is a guardian, actually.”

Saiph brightened at the news. “Ah! What a wonderful coincidence! So you must be familiar with Charges then. May I ask what your mother’s is?”

“The cavern our clan lives in has a large deposit of sacridite. Mother felt it her calling to protect it and help it grow. Now the cavern is practically overflowing with it. The colors vary based on the dragons who spend the most time around each cluster.” Basil explained eagerly.

“That sounds beautiful. I would love to see that someday, if I am able.” Saiph said.

“We don’t know how long it will be until we visit again.” Zyl told him, hurrying over to Basil to check his condition.

“So will you be staying with us for some time then, Saiph?” Basil asked curiously.

The guardian nodded proudly then lowered his head until his nose touched the ground in front of Basil, bowing as best he was able to in a reclined position in front of a dragon so much smaller than himself. “I will be staying with you for the rest of our lives. You are my Charge.” he declared solemnly.

A small popping noise issued from Zyl’s jaw, they clenched it so hard.

Basil looked from Saiph to Zyl in bewilderment. “Is he being serious?” he whispered softly.

Zyl nodded “Though you can refuse. You are under no obligation to accept becoming a Charge.”

“Are you quite sure I am your Charge?” Basil asked Saiph more loudly, shuffling slightly. “I am not a dragon of note or particular ability. I am just a wanderer and cartographer.”

“I am certain.” Saiph insisted firmly, but not unkindly. “There is no criteria for a Charge. It could be something as grand as the shards of the Pillar or as simple as a shell found on the beach. I felt a connection spark between us the moment I laid my eyes on you. I know you are the one I was born to protect. I must beg your forgiveness for not finding you sooner. I may have been able to prevent some of the damage that feral caused.”

“HEY YOU’RE AWAKE!” Basil jumped as a strange Spiral darted in and landed close enough in front of him their noses were almost touching. “My name is Tagu! Nice to meet ya! I’m Saiph’s best friend. Since you’re his Charge and all I guess we should get to know each other. We are going to be stuck together from now on, huh? So what do you like to do? How old are you? What is your home like? Why did you leave? Wh-”

“ENOUGH!” Zyl broke in sharply, cutting off Tagu “Basil still needs to rest a lot. You will get to know him soon enough, but for now he needs to eat and I need to change his bandages.”

“Got it! Talk to you soon, Basil!” Tagu chirped, taking off again.

He was back in seconds. “Hey! Those eggs are hatching!” he told them excitedly before shooting off again.

“Eggs?” Basil asked, looking at Zyl in confusion.

“Ishikk apparently takes after his parents for hiding eggs in his travel bags. He at least let us know about them before they were hatching in his bags. Arabella and Rue can handle the newborns, you are not getting out of this bandage change.” They replied calmly.

“Is there anything I can do to help?” Saiph offered, hovering protectively.

“Give me some space to work. Go watch the hatching, I will call if I need any help.” Zyl replied, their words short but their tone not sharp. Basil cocked his head slightly, unused to their friend being so curt to someone trying to help them.

Saiph hesitated, clearly torn. Basil smiled up at him. “I am in great hands, I will be alright.” he assured his new protector.

Saiph nodded, obviously relieved by his assurances. He turned and went to join the other dragons.

“Why don’t you like him?” Basil asked Zyl curiously, getting right to the point. If there was something off about their group dynamic it would affect how successful they were in their travels, and more importantly he hated to see the person most important to him upset.

Zyl was silent for a few moments, setting up their supplies within easy pawreach so the process of changing bandages would go more smoothly once started. They seemed to be struggling with what to say so Basil waited patiently, knowing Zyl would not simply ignore him.

“…..he makes me jealous….” they finally murmured, so softly Basil almost missed it. “I…. I failed to protect you… and he is so obviously more suited to defending…. And the way he talks….” Zyl let out a frustrated hiss. “They way he talks almost sounds like he is trying to court you as a mate.”

“Well, it’s too bad for him that I am already quite happy with the mate I have.” Basil replied, feeling his stomach tie itself into knots as he spoke the words. He and Zyl had never touched base on the rest of the clan calling them mates until now. He desperately hoped that Zyl felt the same way that he did. “If he does try to approach me romantically I will just have to tell him so myself.”

Zyl stared at Basil for several long moments. “You really want to be mates?” They asked, a vulnerable edge to their voice Basil had never heard before.

“Yes.” Basil replied softly. “Do you?”

“Only since we first set out on this.” Zyl chuckled quietly. “I… I should have brought it up before now… But I was...”

“Afraid it would ruin how close we were if I didnt feel the same way?” Basil laughed wryly “Yeah, back at you.”

“Basil, I love you.” Zyl said tenderly, nuzzling the smaller dragon while being careful of his wounds.

“I love you, Zyl.” Basil replied warmly, nuzzling back as best he could.

@jaspernoir
@SpaceBean7117
@WOF2012
@MisterMylez
@PurpleIsAFruit

Soft Gays TM
They/Them FR+2
Aaaaaaaaaaaah boooooooys
Aaaaaaaaaaaah boooooooys
hSiT7bD.png

faQsydP.png
Manifestation: a Pinkerlocke