Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | . lunefish . [PINKERLOCKE]
1 2 3
[center] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4Z9MTr3/lunefish-banner.png[/img] [b]. day eight .[/b] ----- item: [item=longweed bunch] plants 10-20 coli battles training fields result: all dragons alive. [b]Salmon and Straff are now level 2.[/b] . story . "Alright, Salmon, the first thing you need to know about being all grown up is how to hunt." "Hunting! Yay!" Salmon cheered, making Lunar smile. Straff rolled her eyes and flew over. "Look, kid, the only thing you need to know about hunting is that other dragons are always willing to do it for you if you bat your eyes and say please, alright? Especially big softies like Lunar here." "Do [i]not [/i]teach her that!" Lunar snapped. "And I am not soft, alright?!" He huffed and shook out his wings. "I just like to take care of others." "Soft." "I'm not soft!" "Can we get to hunting?" Salmon inquired to break the argument. Lunar simply nodded and went toward the ocean. "I'll have to teach you to fish first. It's the hardest kind of hunting, so if you fish first, then land hunting is easy." Lunar shook off his flower crown and his starry robe. "But you have to use your claws. They'll fight back." "I can do it, Lunar!" Lunar smiled and flew up, then dove into the water. Salmon dove into the water from the shore. Straff watched from the skies. Once in the water, Lunar only occasionally had to go up for air. Salmon wasn't as lucky and had to go up often, but caught on to good swimming tactics easily and was able to both gather fish with ease and go up for air when needed. She only came out with two bites, four scratches, and one gash (from a rock!) Needless to say, Salmon was proud of her two fish. Lunar hauled in his feast consisting of many, many fish, but congratulated Salmon nevertheless. Straff was upon the pile in seconds, preening it for insects that she could eat. Lunar sighed. This was his life now, He thought as he began healing Salmon's wounds. He could make this work. ...probably.
lunefish-banner.png

. day eight .

item:
Longweed Bunch
plants
10-20 coli battles
training fields

result: all dragons alive. Salmon and Straff are now level 2.

. story .

"Alright, Salmon, the first thing you need to know about being all grown up is how to hunt."

"Hunting! Yay!" Salmon cheered, making Lunar smile. Straff rolled her eyes and flew over.

"Look, kid, the only thing you need to know about hunting is that other dragons are always willing to do it for you if you bat your eyes and say please, alright? Especially big softies like Lunar here."

"Do not teach her that!" Lunar snapped. "And I am not soft, alright?!" He huffed and shook out his wings. "I just like to take care of others."

"Soft."

"I'm not soft!"

"Can we get to hunting?" Salmon inquired to break the argument. Lunar simply nodded and went toward the ocean.

"I'll have to teach you to fish first. It's the hardest kind of hunting, so if you fish first, then land hunting is easy." Lunar shook off his flower crown and his starry robe. "But you have to use your claws. They'll fight back."

"I can do it, Lunar!"

Lunar smiled and flew up, then dove into the water. Salmon dove into the water from the shore. Straff watched from the skies.

Once in the water, Lunar only occasionally had to go up for air. Salmon wasn't as lucky and had to go up often, but caught on to good swimming tactics easily and was able to both gather fish with ease and go up for air when needed. She only came out with two bites, four scratches, and one gash (from a rock!)

Needless to say, Salmon was proud of her two fish.

Lunar hauled in his feast consisting of many, many fish, but congratulated Salmon nevertheless. Straff was upon the pile in seconds, preening it for insects that she could eat.

Lunar sighed. This was his life now, He thought as he began healing Salmon's wounds. He could make this work.

...probably.

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
udnr2stnif0dt4h7-13862.gif
[center] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4Z9MTr3/lunefish-banner.png[/img] [b]. day nine .[/b] ----- item: [item=ambush] battle stone death streak 10 battles in coli, nonstop result: all dragons alive. [b]Salmon and Straff are now level 3.[/b] . story . The trio had finally made it out of the territory of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. This was a breath of relief for Lunar, as he now didn't have to worry about shaking off his robe and flowers every time they needed food. Instead, he could do what he did best: hunt. And he could teach Salmon to hunt, now that she was... ...grown? Lunar wasn't sure. He tried not to think about it much, as it only gave him a headache. Currently, Straff was hitchhiking on Lunar's tail, the spiral trying to pretend he didn't notice the claws digging into him. Lunar noticed. "Lunar, how far are we walking?" Salmon decided to ask. "As far as we need to. We're finding a family, remember?" "Yeah, I remember... but how far are they?" "I don't really know, Salmon." "Aw, okay." Silence. Then, a whirlwind of claws and fur descended on the group. Lunar was the first to act, using his massive wings to shield Salmon from the attack. She looks at him, all four eyes glistening with fear. He spoke to her quietly, saying, "Salmon, listen. Mirrors are among the most vicious dragons in Sorneith. You can do this, i promise. I'll heal you when it's all over." He received a curt nod in response and withdrew his wings, allowing the mirror access to the attackers. Lunar did his best to help, but Salmon seemed to have tapped into her ancient mirror instincts and was absolutely ripping apart the beasts that came at her. Lunar was too scared to get near the fight, so he stood back until Salmon stood alone, wounds covering her entire body. Lunar was in full shock. He'd expected a fight but not a massacre. salmon turned to him, and he almost stepped back. "How was that, Luney?" "That was... really good." He allowed the magic to flow into the smaller dragon to heal her wounds as she harvested some meat from the now dead animals. [i]Oh, Tidelord, give me strength to sleep tonight.[/i] Lunar could feel Straff shaking from the absolute carnage that had ensued. But the trio continued forward. ----- @feathermouse @zephyrwindspirit
lunefish-banner.png

. day nine .

item:
Ambush
battle stone
death streak
10 battles in coli, nonstop

result: all dragons alive. Salmon and Straff are now level 3.

. story .

The trio had finally made it out of the territory of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. This was a breath of relief for Lunar, as he now didn't have to worry about shaking off his robe and flowers every time they needed food. Instead, he could do what he did best: hunt. And he could teach Salmon to hunt, now that she was...

...grown?

Lunar wasn't sure. He tried not to think about it much, as it only gave him a headache.

Currently, Straff was hitchhiking on Lunar's tail, the spiral trying to pretend he didn't notice the claws digging into him. Lunar noticed.

"Lunar, how far are we walking?" Salmon decided to ask.

"As far as we need to. We're finding a family, remember?"

"Yeah, I remember... but how far are they?"

"I don't really know, Salmon."

"Aw, okay."

Silence. Then, a whirlwind of claws and fur descended on the group.

Lunar was the first to act, using his massive wings to shield Salmon from the attack. She looks at him, all four eyes glistening with fear. He spoke to her quietly, saying, "Salmon, listen. Mirrors are among the most vicious dragons in Sorneith. You can do this, i promise. I'll heal you when it's all over."

He received a curt nod in response and withdrew his wings, allowing the mirror access to the attackers. Lunar did his best to help, but Salmon seemed to have tapped into her ancient mirror instincts and was absolutely ripping apart the beasts that came at her. Lunar was too scared to get near the fight, so he stood back until Salmon stood alone, wounds covering her entire body.

Lunar was in full shock. He'd expected a fight but not a massacre. salmon turned to him, and he almost stepped back.

"How was that, Luney?"

"That was... really good."

He allowed the magic to flow into the smaller dragon to heal her wounds as she harvested some meat from the now dead animals.

Oh, Tidelord, give me strength to sleep tonight.

Lunar could feel Straff shaking from the absolute carnage that had ensued. But the trio continued forward.

@feathermouse @zephyrwindspirit

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
@feathermouse
@zephyrwindspirit

Sorry for no update today, just finished four hours of homework and I'm honestly just not in the mood... promise to update tomorrow.
@feathermouse
@zephyrwindspirit

Sorry for no update today, just finished four hours of homework and I'm honestly just not in the mood... promise to update tomorrow.

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
[center] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4Z9MTr3/lunefish-banner.png[/img] [b]. day ten .[/b] ----- item: [item=flamerest fiendcat] familiar buy dragon purchased Sacred (Unnamed) for 8500 [emoji=treasure] result: a new player has been added. . story . Lunar had tried very hard to sleep peacefully that night, but the carnage that Salmon had orchestrated with her fighting brought back memories of rotting flesh and screaming hatchlings. So the Imperial had decided to simply stay awake and was now sitting near a glowing mushroom, looking up at the glittering stars. Normally the Tangled Wood was suffocating for dragons, but Lunar found tonight specifically to be quite releasing. Tomorrow, of course, was the Trickmurk Circus, so it was a good time to be in the Tangled Wood, as all the normally hostile shadow dragons were busy preparing for the festivities. Lunar began to lose himself in his thoughts. Thoughts of home, of his old life, before the Wandering Contagion had infected his clan. Thoughts of Needle and his mother and father, and Salmon's mother and father... ...and Boz. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=65&bodygene=3&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=50&tertgene=21&winggene=9&wings=14&auth=d46cb07f11d76157b6d82defcbbe123887c3d44c&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Boz had been sweet on him. She was from the Sunbeam Ruins, but looked like she was from Dragonhome, her eyes were so dark. But Lunar loved her beautiful gaze. Sometimes he would wake up to her muzzle poking into the den with a flower. Her eyes would always follow, and his heart melted. He was shattered when she fell ill. "Shattered?" A soft voice murmured from behind him. Lunar spun around a little too fast and knocked his head against a tree, his flower cron floating to the ground. A tiny set of wings snatched it out of the air and placed it back on his head. He looked around. Where did that voice come from? "Right here, friend." It was almost a whisper on the wind. Lunar saw it on the mushroom he had been sitting by. Two yellow eyes, a few flowers, and the small set of dark purple wings that had snatched his flower crown out of the air, resting atop the head of a beautiful Nocturne. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=49441634] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/494417/49441634_350.png[/img] [/url] She had a double set of wings, one resembling a fairy's or a bee's, and the other being normal. Her dark wings and light body had nearly matched that of the colors of the landscape around her as she crouched on the top of the mushroom. How long had she been watching him? "Not very long." She seemed to coo like a dove, her voice was smoother than water on a calm day. "How do you...?" "We can read your thoughts, friend. It's our curse." "Curse?" "We are unable to control whose thoughts we read. We simply read them. We read feelings as well. You are sad." "Well... yes. I am sad." "You miss... Boz." "I do..." "But you hold love for... Salmon." Lunar smiles a little. He did love the little- er, big- mirror. "Yes. I do." "So your feelings are conflicted. You do not want to leave the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Yet you want a new life. A new clan." Lunar nodded. "Are you out here alone?" "No. We have Monk." The small purple bird on her head let out a squawk. "We are not alone." "What's your name?" "We have been dubbed Sacred by many dragons, therefore we have chosen it as our true name." "Sacred... that's pretty. Hey, do you want to join us? Since you're out here alone... with a bird." "We are not alone." Sacred cocks her head to one side. "We have Monk." "Still... there's no dragons out here. Surely you get lonely." "Perhaps we do..." "Then come join our family." Lunar moves his head closer to the Nocturne, who folds in her wings and moves back a little in fear. "We can help you. And we'll never abandon you. Come on, I'll carry you there, you're small enough." Sacred looks the dragon over, scanning him for malicious intent, and softly hops onto his head when she finds none. "We are going to join this family, Monk." "Squawk!" ----- @feathermouse @zephyrwindspirit
lunefish-banner.png

. day ten .

item:
Flamerest Fiendcat
familiar
buy dragon
purchased Sacred (Unnamed) for 8500

result: a new player has been added.

. story .

Lunar had tried very hard to sleep peacefully that night, but the carnage that Salmon had orchestrated with her fighting brought back memories of rotting flesh and screaming hatchlings.

So the Imperial had decided to simply stay awake and was now sitting near a glowing mushroom, looking up at the glittering stars. Normally the Tangled Wood was suffocating for dragons, but Lunar found tonight specifically to be quite releasing. Tomorrow, of course, was the Trickmurk Circus, so it was a good time to be in the Tangled Wood, as all the normally hostile shadow dragons were busy preparing for the festivities.

Lunar began to lose himself in his thoughts. Thoughts of home, of his old life, before the Wandering Contagion had infected his clan. Thoughts of Needle and his mother and father, and Salmon's mother and father...

...and Boz.

dragon?age=1&body=65&bodygene=3&breed=8&element=8&eyetype=8&gender=1&tert=50&tertgene=21&winggene=9&wings=14&auth=d46cb07f11d76157b6d82defcbbe123887c3d44c&dummyext=prev.png

Boz had been sweet on him. She was from the Sunbeam Ruins, but looked like she was from Dragonhome, her eyes were so dark. But Lunar loved her beautiful gaze. Sometimes he would wake up to her muzzle poking into the den with a flower. Her eyes would always follow, and his heart melted.

He was shattered when she fell ill.

"Shattered?" A soft voice murmured from behind him. Lunar spun around a little too fast and knocked his head against a tree, his flower cron floating to the ground. A tiny set of wings snatched it out of the air and placed it back on his head. He looked around. Where did that voice come from?

"Right here, friend." It was almost a whisper on the wind. Lunar saw it on the mushroom he had been sitting by. Two yellow eyes, a few flowers, and the small set of dark purple wings that had snatched his flower crown out of the air, resting atop the head of a beautiful Nocturne.

49441634_350.png

She had a double set of wings, one resembling a fairy's or a bee's, and the other being normal. Her dark wings and light body had nearly matched that of the colors of the landscape around her as she crouched on the top of the mushroom. How long had she been watching him?

"Not very long." She seemed to coo like a dove, her voice was smoother than water on a calm day.

"How do you...?"

"We can read your thoughts, friend. It's our curse."

"Curse?"

"We are unable to control whose thoughts we read. We simply read them. We read feelings as well. You are sad."

"Well... yes. I am sad."

"You miss... Boz."

"I do..."

"But you hold love for... Salmon."

Lunar smiles a little. He did love the little- er, big- mirror. "Yes. I do."

"So your feelings are conflicted. You do not want to leave the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Yet you want a new life. A new clan."

Lunar nodded. "Are you out here alone?"

"No. We have Monk." The small purple bird on her head let out a squawk. "We are not alone."

"What's your name?"

"We have been dubbed Sacred by many dragons, therefore we have chosen it as our true name."

"Sacred... that's pretty. Hey, do you want to join us? Since you're out here alone... with a bird."

"We are not alone." Sacred cocks her head to one side. "We have Monk."

"Still... there's no dragons out here. Surely you get lonely."

"Perhaps we do..."

"Then come join our family." Lunar moves his head closer to the Nocturne, who folds in her wings and moves back a little in fear. "We can help you. And we'll never abandon you. Come on, I'll carry you there, you're small enough."

Sacred looks the dragon over, scanning him for malicious intent, and softly hops onto his head when she finds none. "We are going to join this family, Monk."

"Squawk!"

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
[center] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4Z9MTr3/lunefish-banner.png[/img] [b]. day eleven .[/b] ----- item: [item=green corycat] seafood 30-40 matches in coliseum woodland path result: [b]Salmon has died.[/b] . story . [i]The trio awoke to the sound of a long, dull crash, akin to that of a large gong. Lunar's ears twitched. He knew it marked the beginning of the Trickmurk Circus. Unfortunately, it also roused the sleeping beastclans in the Tangled Wood, which Lunar was not aware of. The Imperial lifted his head slowly and glanced around at the three females curled up around him. His morning frown cracked into a small grin. The new clan was coming together. Maybe today he would find another male, just so he didn't feel like he stuck out. He softly nudged Salmon, who had lifted her head but was trying to get the sleep out of her eyes. "Up, up, Salmon. Let's go hunt a little." "Can we take StraAAAAAH!" She squealed upon seeing the Nocturne. "Who's this??!" Sacred stood and backed away behind Lunar. "This is Sacred. I found her last night. She's joining us." Straff groaned. "Could you guys keep it down? I need to sleep." "No, you need to get up. We need to hunt for some breakfast." Lunar corrected her, nudging her to her feet. The spiral flopped back onto her side and curled into a snake-like coil, tucking her nose under her body. "Oh no you don't." "Touch me and you'll regret it," She growled as Lunar tried to pick her up with his tail. "If you want to stay with us then you're going to hunt with us!" Lunar growled in frustration. "You haven't done anything at all!" Straff sighed loudly and stood up. "Your mirror friend is headed out on her own. Who's the Nocturne?" Lunar glanced at Salmon disappearing through the trees. She'd be fine on her own, especially with what Lunar witnessed yesterday. "This is Sacred. She and Monk are joining us." "We are glad to meet you," Sacred told the spiral, approaching her gently. Straff took a step back. "What's up with your wings?" She asked immediately. Sacred tilted her head. "There is nothing wrong with our wings." "Yeah there is, there's extra ones." "Straff, you have claws on your wings." "Mine are magic." "Ours are also magic." "LUNEY!!" Salmon. Lunar's wings shot out, nearly toppling the other two, and flew him into the air toward the sound. Salmon. Slamon, where was Salmon. He heard the scream again and dove toward the source, crashing through the trees. it was a large creature, nearly his size. It was black. He could feel its hatred. And it had Salmon. "Luney!" Salmon screams again. "Luney, HELP!"[/i] Lunar's eyes shot open. Tidelord bless him, he'd been flashbacking agian. He had closed his eyes for just a moment and his silent vigil over the young grave was already nearly over. His heart had been broken as soon as Salmon's body had fallen to the ground. That was his girl. His little Salmon. And he was her Luney. Her protector. He was everyone's protector but they were all dead. The whole clan. "You are not sad." "No." "You are... angry." "Yes." "At yourself." "Yes." ----- @feathermouse @zephyrwindspirit
lunefish-banner.png

. day eleven .

item:
Green Corycat
seafood
30-40 matches in coliseum
woodland path

result: Salmon has died.

. story .

The trio awoke to the sound of a long, dull crash, akin to that of a large gong. Lunar's ears twitched. He knew it marked the beginning of the Trickmurk Circus.

Unfortunately, it also roused the sleeping beastclans in the Tangled Wood, which Lunar was not aware of.

The Imperial lifted his head slowly and glanced around at the three females curled up around him. His morning frown cracked into a small grin. The new clan was coming together. Maybe today he would find another male, just so he didn't feel like he stuck out.

He softly nudged Salmon, who had lifted her head but was trying to get the sleep out of her eyes. "Up, up, Salmon. Let's go hunt a little."

"Can we take StraAAAAAH!" She squealed upon seeing the Nocturne. "Who's this??!"

Sacred stood and backed away behind Lunar.

"This is Sacred. I found her last night. She's joining us."

Straff groaned. "Could you guys keep it down? I need to sleep."

"No, you need to get up. We need to hunt for some breakfast." Lunar corrected her, nudging her to her feet. The spiral flopped back onto her side and curled into a snake-like coil, tucking her nose under her body. "Oh no you don't."

"Touch me and you'll regret it," She growled as Lunar tried to pick her up with his tail.

"If you want to stay with us then you're going to hunt with us!" Lunar growled in frustration. "You haven't done anything at all!"

Straff sighed loudly and stood up. "Your mirror friend is headed out on her own. Who's the Nocturne?"

Lunar glanced at Salmon disappearing through the trees. She'd be fine on her own, especially with what Lunar witnessed yesterday. "This is Sacred. She and Monk are joining us."

"We are glad to meet you," Sacred told the spiral, approaching her gently. Straff took a step back.

"What's up with your wings?" She asked immediately.

Sacred tilted her head. "There is nothing wrong with our wings."

"Yeah there is, there's extra ones."

"Straff, you have claws on your wings."

"Mine are magic."

"Ours are also magic."

"LUNEY!!"

Salmon.

Lunar's wings shot out, nearly toppling the other two, and flew him into the air toward the sound. Salmon. Slamon, where was Salmon. He heard the scream again and dove toward the source, crashing through the trees. it was a large creature, nearly his size. It was black. He could feel its hatred.

And it had Salmon.

"Luney!" Salmon screams again. "Luney, HELP!"

Lunar's eyes shot open. Tidelord bless him, he'd been flashbacking agian. He had closed his eyes for just a moment and his silent vigil over the young grave was already nearly over.

His heart had been broken as soon as Salmon's body had fallen to the ground. That was his girl. His little Salmon. And he was her Luney. Her protector. He was everyone's protector but they were all dead. The whole clan.

"You are not sad."

"No."

"You are... angry."

"Yes."

"At yourself."

"Yes."

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
[center] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4Z9MTr3/lunefish-banner.png[/img] [b]. day twelve .[/b] ----- item: [item=bucktooth digger] familiar buy dragon purchased Firescream (Unnamed) for 7 [emoji=gem] result: A new player has been added. . story . It had been two moons since Salmon's death and Lunar still felt guilty. He'd thankfully made it out of the Tangled Wood where Salmon had died and was now travelling through Dragonhome, the pebbles hurting the pads of his paws as he carried the other two females on his back. They had fallen asleep long ago, but he couldn't sleep himself, so he decided to carry them. He ought to find a place to start the new clan, Lunar thought. "Someone is near," Sacred said into his ear, nearly scaring him half to death. "I didn't know you were up, Sacred." "We do not sleep heavily, Lunar. We hear voices. We see dreams." He felt the Nocturne settle down on his head. "And we sense an intruder to the west. She feels remorse but her intentions are to steal from us." Lunar turned his head toward the west and saw two pairs of bright lilac eyes and one single light between them, glowing and illuminating part of the dragon from the shadows. Lunar could make out bones and feathers and that was all. "Show yourself, thief." Lunar growled, getting low to the ground menacingly. The eyes and their light stay there for a moment, then they slowly creep out of the shadows to reveal a mirror who was touched by the plague that had ripped apart Lunar's clan. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50451412] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/504515/50451412_350.png[/img] [/url] The imperial stepped back for fear of catching the disease. "Stay back," He warned. "Relax, I can't spread it." She told him. "I'm a mirror. I can deal with it." She was right. Mirrors were practically immune to the disease, in the sense that no matter how bad the progression got, they could shake it off. They would, of course, die eventually. "I'm Firescream." She announced, her wings folding. Lunar studied the bright glowing bulb protruding from her head. "What's your problem?" "Nothing," He responded quickly. "I'm Lunar. Are you still going to rob me? I don't have any money. All I have is Sacred and Straff. Straff isn't worth anything so there's no point in taking her." "You really don't have anything of value? Plaguebringer save us." "I-I could use a bodyguard though." The mirror perked up. "I can do that if you pay me." "I'll hunt for you." "Done deal, Lunar." ----- @feathermouse @zephyrwindspirit
lunefish-banner.png

. day twelve .

item:
Bucktooth Digger
familiar
buy dragon
purchased Firescream (Unnamed) for 7

result: A new player has been added.

. story .

It had been two moons since Salmon's death and Lunar still felt guilty. He'd thankfully made it out of the Tangled Wood where Salmon had died and was now travelling through Dragonhome, the pebbles hurting the pads of his paws as he carried the other two females on his back. They had fallen asleep long ago, but he couldn't sleep himself, so he decided to carry them. He ought to find a place to start the new clan, Lunar thought.

"Someone is near," Sacred said into his ear, nearly scaring him half to death.

"I didn't know you were up, Sacred."

"We do not sleep heavily, Lunar. We hear voices. We see dreams." He felt the Nocturne settle down on his head. "And we sense an intruder to the west. She feels remorse but her intentions are to steal from us."

Lunar turned his head toward the west and saw two pairs of bright lilac eyes and one single light between them, glowing and illuminating part of the dragon from the shadows. Lunar could make out bones and feathers and that was all.

"Show yourself, thief." Lunar growled, getting low to the ground menacingly. The eyes and their light stay there for a moment, then they slowly creep out of the shadows to reveal a mirror who was touched by the plague that had ripped apart Lunar's clan.

50451412_350.png

The imperial stepped back for fear of catching the disease. "Stay back," He warned.

"Relax, I can't spread it." She told him. "I'm a mirror. I can deal with it."

She was right. Mirrors were practically immune to the disease, in the sense that no matter how bad the progression got, they could shake it off. They would, of course, die eventually.

"I'm Firescream." She announced, her wings folding. Lunar studied the bright glowing bulb protruding from her head. "What's your problem?"

"Nothing," He responded quickly. "I'm Lunar. Are you still going to rob me? I don't have any money. All I have is Sacred and Straff. Straff isn't worth anything so there's no point in taking her."

"You really don't have anything of value? Plaguebringer save us."

"I-I could use a bodyguard though."

The mirror perked up. "I can do that if you pay me."

"I'll hunt for you."

"Done deal, Lunar."

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
[center] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4Z9MTr3/lunefish-banner.png[/img] [b]. day thirteen .[/b] ----- item: [item=azure lure] trinket do art did art result: Sacred got some more art. . art . [center][img]https://i.postimg.cc/RZ0BXdqj/APR-27-2019-color-inked-halfbody.png[/img][/center] ----- @feathermouse @zephyrwindspirit
lunefish-banner.png

. day thirteen .

item:
Azure Lure
trinket
do art
did art

result: Sacred got some more art.

. art .
APR-27-2019-color-inked-halfbody.png

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
[center] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4Z9MTr3/lunefish-banner.png[/img] [b]. day thirteen .[/b] ----- item: [item=star moss] plants 10-20 coli battles woodland path result: All dragons alive. Firescream is now level 3. . story . When Lunar had first begun this journey, he hadn't expected there so be so much damned fighting. Every step he took there seemed to be a beastclan trying to murder him. Luckily, it was different today. There had been a small scuffle, but otherwise, it was fairly quiet. Firescream had taken care of it anyway. They were still in Dragonhome, and Lunar no longer felt an ache when he though about Salmon. Instead, he felt invigorated and motivated to do more. He felt like Salmon was calling from just behind his ear, [i]"Let's go, Luney!"[/i] He could practically hear her laugh. Firescream caught him smiling to himself. "What's go you all grinny?" The mirror asked as she chomped on the leg of a centaur that tried to take her down. Lunar shook his head. "I was thinking about Salmon again." Firescream had certainly gotten worse in terms of looks because of her disease progression but she seemed ot have an appetite, which Lunar saw as good. Of course, Straff still hadn't done so much as lifted a finger to help the others, especially in recent battles, but Lunar noticed something shifting inside of the spiral when she laid down by him at night. He kept thinking she was getting closer to him as the days passed but he couldn't really be sure. Maybe he'd ask her about it later. "You're always thinking about that little mirror girl." Straff huffed. "Think about yourself once in a while." "He does think about himself." The Nocturne, Sacred- eternally perched on his horns- answered. "We hear it. Yet you think of him also." "I-I do not!" Straff huffs. "How dare you! The most important thing here is me! I'm gonna go hunt or something!" The Spiral takes off quickly, flustered. "She thinks fondly of you, Lunar." "Even I can see that. Someone's got a crush." Lunar snorts. "She's not my type." He lays his head down near the fire. "Aren't you going to cook that?" "Why would I?" Firescream looks at him, head tilting. Lunar chuckles and shakes his head. "No reason, I guess." ----- @feathermouse @zephyrwindspirit @quillflight
lunefish-banner.png

. day thirteen .

item:
Star Moss
plants
10-20 coli battles
woodland path

result: All dragons alive. Firescream is now level 3.

. story .

When Lunar had first begun this journey, he hadn't expected there so be so much damned fighting. Every step he took there seemed to be a beastclan trying to murder him.

Luckily, it was different today. There had been a small scuffle, but otherwise, it was fairly quiet. Firescream had taken care of it anyway. They were still in Dragonhome, and Lunar no longer felt an ache when he though about Salmon. Instead, he felt invigorated and motivated to do more. He felt like Salmon was calling from just behind his ear, "Let's go, Luney!" He could practically hear her laugh.

Firescream caught him smiling to himself.

"What's go you all grinny?" The mirror asked as she chomped on the leg of a centaur that tried to take her down. Lunar shook his head.

"I was thinking about Salmon again."

Firescream had certainly gotten worse in terms of looks because of her disease progression but she seemed ot have an appetite, which Lunar saw as good. Of course, Straff still hadn't done so much as lifted a finger to help the others, especially in recent battles, but Lunar noticed something shifting inside of the spiral when she laid down by him at night. He kept thinking she was getting closer to him as the days passed but he couldn't really be sure. Maybe he'd ask her about it later.

"You're always thinking about that little mirror girl." Straff huffed. "Think about yourself once in a while."

"He does think about himself." The Nocturne, Sacred- eternally perched on his horns- answered. "We hear it. Yet you think of him also."

"I-I do not!" Straff huffs. "How dare you! The most important thing here is me! I'm gonna go hunt or something!" The Spiral takes off quickly, flustered.

"She thinks fondly of you, Lunar."

"Even I can see that. Someone's got a crush."

Lunar snorts. "She's not my type." He lays his head down near the fire. "Aren't you going to cook that?"

"Why would I?" Firescream looks at him, head tilting. Lunar chuckles and shakes his head.

"No reason, I guess."
@feathermouse
@zephyrwindspirit
@quillflight

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
[center] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4Z9MTr3/lunefish-banner.png[/img] [b]. day fourteen .[/b] ----- item: [item=grey clay] minerals & ores do writing did writing result: All dragons alive. . story . How dare that freak of nature read Straff's thoughts! She couldn't believe she was dealing with this motley crew. First her clan kicks her out, then She runs into these idiots? Great Tidelord, what [i]else[/i] could go wrong? Straff then grinned to herself. That's what Haroph would have said. [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=168&bodygene=19&breed=3&element=2&eyetype=10&gender=1&tert=61&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=152&auth=d039613a4144c71456908cafd58d9bc6da9d7c7a&dummyext=prev.png[/img] She remembered her fondly. What a beautiful creature Haroph was. She remembered curling up in the mirror's arms at night by the fire and falling asleep to the sound of her rattly breathing. She never let on just how much pain she was in, but Straff saw through it. She did the best she could for poor Haroph, until one day, she just... didn't wake up. Straff had been devastated. She blamed the healers. [i]"You could have helped her!"[/i] She still heard herself screeching. [i]"She could have lived! You have a cure!" [/i] But they wouldn't use the cures on the mirrors. [i]They were strong enough to withstand it[/i], they said. [i]They would survive[/i], they said. [i]She would survive[/i]. She didn't survive. So if Haroph couldn't have the cure, then nobody could.She would never tell any of them about it because that would mean facing the remnants of her clan again, that would mean seeing the grave again, and that would mean that they got something that Haroph deserved and was denied. So that means everyone else will get denied it too. ----- @feathermouse @zephyrwindspirit @quillflight
lunefish-banner.png

. day fourteen .

item:
Grey Clay
minerals & ores
do writing
did writing

result: All dragons alive.

. story .

How dare that freak of nature read Straff's thoughts! She couldn't believe she was dealing with this motley crew. First her clan kicks her out, then
She runs into these idiots? Great Tidelord, what else could go wrong?

Straff then grinned to herself. That's what Haroph would have said.

dragon?age=1&body=168&bodygene=19&breed=3&element=2&eyetype=10&gender=1&tert=61&tertgene=0&winggene=1&wings=152&auth=d039613a4144c71456908cafd58d9bc6da9d7c7a&dummyext=prev.png

She remembered her fondly. What a beautiful creature Haroph was. She remembered curling up in the mirror's arms at night by the fire and falling asleep to the sound of her rattly breathing. She never let on just how much pain she was in, but Straff saw through it. She did the best she could for poor Haroph, until one day, she just... didn't wake up. Straff had been devastated. She blamed the healers.

"You could have helped her!" She still heard herself screeching. "She could have lived! You have a cure!"

But they wouldn't use the cures on the mirrors. They were strong enough to withstand it, they said. They would survive, they said. She would survive.

She didn't survive. So if Haroph couldn't have the cure, then nobody could.She would never tell any of them about it because that would mean facing the remnants of her clan again, that would mean seeing the grave again, and that would mean that they got something that Haroph deserved and was denied. So that means everyone else will get denied it too.
@feathermouse
@zephyrwindspirit
@quillflight

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
[center] [img]https://i.postimg.cc/t4Z9MTr3/lunefish-banner.png[/img] [b]. day fifteen .[/b] ----- item: [item=eerie cloth trappings] material do writing did writing result: All dragons alive. . story . Straff had returned late at night, her mind racing. Sacred had heard her coming a mile away. [i]Haroph deserved the cure, Haroph deserved it. And she didn't get it, so why should anyone else?[/i] "Cure?" Straff looked to Sacred, eyes suddenly ablaze with fury. "You were reading my thoughts again!" "We do not do it voluntarily." Straff hissed at her and flew to Lunar's tail. The Imperial was peacefully sleeping, so she tangled herself in his mane to stay warm in the cool Dragonhome night. but she soon felt the presence of Sacred. "You dislike us." "Greatly." "We... annoy you." The nocturne frowned, tilting her head gently. "We apologize." "Please just go away." Sacred started to leave, but she looked at Straff. "You are hurting. You miss... Haroph." The spiral stiffened and clung to Lunar's tail, her claws doing little to no damage to his scales. "I asked you to leave." "Tell us more about her. You want to talk about her." "Obviously you already know everything." "Please tell us." Sacred paused, waiting for an answer. "We don't often hear stories." Straff looked at her, blue meeting soft yellow. "Fine," she finally agreed, sitting up and hopping off of Lunar. Sacred followed suit and settled in the dirt beside her. "Haroph was a very special dragon to me. We were sort of like lovers. And it was nice that the clan was accepting of that." She paused. "I think I did love Haroph. But I think I relied on her too much." The Spiral pauses again to let out a yawn. "Haroph was my heart and soul for a long time. We practically grew up together. The only difference between us was that we came from different clutches. We were inseperable. But when the plague hit our clan, she was sent to help the sick, as one of the only mirrors. And she caught the disease. It was a fast thing, really, expecially for a mirror. But she was in so much pain, I... she asked me to." "To kill her." "She was afraid to do it herself but they were withholding the cure from her. They wouldn't give it to her. It was the only way to stop her suffering." Straff forced down the tears threatening to fall. "So I stopped it for her. She asked me to. If I hadn't she would have suffered longer." She looked up at the moon. "A lot longer. I didn't want to see her go through that." Sacred looked up too. "You did right by her. She would be proud." Straff shook her head. "Whatever." She hopped back up on Lunar's tail. "Get some sleep." "We don't sleep." Straff settled down in his mane again, prodding her talons through it softly like a cat. She curled up softly and thought about lying by the fire with Haroph again, the thoughts of which lulled her into a deep sleep. ----- @feathermouse @zephyrwindspirit @quillflight
lunefish-banner.png

. day fifteen .

item:
Eerie Cloth Trappings
material
do writing
did writing

result: All dragons alive.

. story .

Straff had returned late at night, her mind racing. Sacred had heard her coming a mile away. Haroph deserved the cure, Haroph deserved it. And she didn't get it, so why should anyone else?

"Cure?"

Straff looked to Sacred, eyes suddenly ablaze with fury. "You were reading my thoughts again!"

"We do not do it voluntarily."

Straff hissed at her and flew to Lunar's tail. The Imperial was peacefully sleeping, so she tangled herself in his mane to stay warm in the cool Dragonhome night. but she soon felt the presence of Sacred.

"You dislike us."

"Greatly."

"We... annoy you." The nocturne frowned, tilting her head gently. "We apologize."

"Please just go away."

Sacred started to leave, but she looked at Straff. "You are hurting. You miss... Haroph."

The spiral stiffened and clung to Lunar's tail, her claws doing little to no damage to his scales. "I asked you to leave."

"Tell us more about her. You want to talk about her."

"Obviously you already know everything."

"Please tell us." Sacred paused, waiting for an answer. "We don't often hear stories."

Straff looked at her, blue meeting soft yellow. "Fine," she finally agreed, sitting up and hopping off of Lunar. Sacred followed suit and settled in the dirt beside her.

"Haroph was a very special dragon to me. We were sort of like lovers. And it was nice that the clan was accepting of that." She paused. "I think I did love Haroph. But I think I relied on her too much." The Spiral pauses again to let out a yawn. "Haroph was my heart and soul for a long time. We practically grew up together. The only difference between us was that we came from different clutches. We were inseperable. But when the plague hit our clan, she was sent to help the sick, as one of the only mirrors. And she caught the disease. It was a fast thing, really, expecially for a mirror. But she was in so much pain, I... she asked me to."

"To kill her."

"She was afraid to do it herself but they were withholding the cure from her. They wouldn't give it to her. It was the only way to stop her suffering." Straff forced down the tears threatening to fall. "So I stopped it for her. She asked me to. If I hadn't she would have suffered longer." She looked up at the moon. "A lot longer. I didn't want to see her go through that."

Sacred looked up too. "You did right by her. She would be proud."

Straff shook her head. "Whatever." She hopped back up on Lunar's tail. "Get some sleep."

"We don't sleep."

Straff settled down in his mane again, prodding her talons through it softly like a cat. She curled up softly and thought about lying by the fire with Haroph again, the thoughts of which lulled her into a deep sleep.
@feathermouse
@zephyrwindspirit
@quillflight

arlo
she/her
x
x
x
1 2 3