Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Chesh Attempts Extreme Patience Breeding
1 2
[center]Hi there! This is my attempt at the Extreme Patience Breeding Challenge (the nearly impossible edition to be specific). Wish me luck![/center] [quote name="Gender"] [center][b]The Extreme Patience Breeding Challenge[/b] (aka Breed out the Basic)[/center] [LIST=1] [*]Choose an all basic dragon of a plentiful breed (mirror, fae, tundra, or guardian) [*]Choose a mate for them with a common breed and all common genes (see this thread for a rarity guide) [*]Breed them until you get a hatchling with the common breed and all three common genes. No more basic/plentiful! [*]Keep track of your frustration by earning Patience Points (PPs?) for every failed hatchling. See the next post for the scoring system. [*]Suffer [/LIST] The probability of succeeding this challenge is 0.81%, which, honestly?, is ridiculous. I have an incredible respect for anyone who attempts this wild goose chase with me. ----- [center][b]Extended Breeding Challenge[/b][/center] For an even longer, even more frustrating version of this challenge, don't stop at common! Go all the way to limited! [list] [*]After you complete the standard challenge, find an all Uncommon mate for the all Common hatchling [*]Breed them until you get an all Uncommon hatchling [*]Find an all Limited mate for the all Uncommon hatchling. Breed them until you get an all Limited hatchling. [*]You did it![/list] Basic to Common was a 0.81% chance, which was already less than 1%. Here are the stats for this extended version: [list][*]Common to Uncommon: about [b]0.39%[/b] [size=1](0.390625%)[/size] [*]Uncommon to Limited: about [b]0.05%[/b] [size=1](0.050625%)[/size][/list] ----- [center][b]NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE Super-Extended Version[/b][/center] The chances of getting a Rare gene over a Limited one are 3%. That makes the chance of the final, incredible step of the Extreme Patience Breeding challenge a step with exactly a 0.00000081% chance of happening. If you complete the extended version and want to take a final leap into the arms of probability, find an all Rare mate for your all Limited hatchling and breed them until you get an all Rare hatchling! Good luck?? [/quote] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2268133/1]click here for original post[/url][/center]
Hi there! This is my attempt at the Extreme Patience Breeding Challenge (the nearly impossible edition to be specific). Wish me luck!

Gender wrote:
The Extreme Patience Breeding Challenge
(aka Breed out the Basic)

1. Choose an all basic dragon of a plentiful breed (mirror, fae, tundra, or guardian)
  2. Choose a mate for them with a common breed and all common genes (see this thread for a rarity guide)
  3. Breed them until you get a hatchling with the common breed and all three common genes. No more basic/plentiful!
  4. Keep track of your frustration by earning Patience Points (PPs?) for every failed hatchling. See the next post for the scoring system.
  5. Suffer

The probability of succeeding this challenge is 0.81%, which, honestly?, is ridiculous. I have an incredible respect for anyone who attempts this wild goose chase with me.

Extended Breeding Challenge

For an even longer, even more frustrating version of this challenge, don't stop at common! Go all the way to limited!
  • After you complete the standard challenge, find an all Uncommon mate for the all Common hatchling
  • Breed them until you get an all Uncommon hatchling
  • Find an all Limited mate for the all Uncommon hatchling. Breed them until you get an all Limited hatchling.
  • You did it!

Basic to Common was a 0.81% chance, which was already less than 1%. Here are the stats for this extended version:
  • Common to Uncommon: about 0.39% (0.390625%)
  • Uncommon to Limited: about 0.05% (0.050625%)

NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE Super-Extended Version

The chances of getting a Rare gene over a Limited one are 3%. That makes the chance of the final, incredible step of the Extreme Patience Breeding challenge a step with exactly a 0.00000081% chance of happening.

If you complete the extended version and want to take a final leap into the arms of probability, find an all Rare mate for your all Limited hatchling and breed them until you get an all Rare hatchling!

Good luck??

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
[center][size=5][b]Current Patient Points: 11[/b][/size][/center] [quote name="Gender"] [center][b]Scoring Patience Points[/b][/center] For every hatchling: [i]Note: every hatchling [b]before[/b] the winning one counts! (aka, winning hatchling and any hatched after it don't add to the score, but ones hatched before it in the same nest do!)[/i] [LIST] [*]1 point for the basic/plentiful breed [*]1 point for each basic gene [*]2 points for the common breed [*]2 points for each common gene [*]3 points for the uncommon breed [*]3 points for each uncommon gene [*]4 points for the limited breed [*]4 points for each limited gene [*]5 points for the rare breed [*]5 points for each rare gene [*]5 points for a nest with only 1 egg. [/LIST] Example: You are breeding an all basic fae with a snapper who has common genes. They have a one egg nest and you get this hatchling: A snapper with savannah/basic/basic. This hatchling gets 2 points for being a snapper, 2 points for common primary, 1 point for basic secondary, 1 point for basic tertiary. 2+2+1+1=6 Patience Points. You also earn an extra 5 points for the one egg nest, so you have 11 Patience Points in total. [/quote]
Current Patient Points: 11
Gender wrote:
Scoring Patience Points

For every hatchling:
Note: every hatchling before the winning one counts! (aka, winning hatchling and any hatched after it don't add to the score, but ones hatched before it in the same nest do!)

• 1 point for the basic/plentiful breed
  • 1 point for each basic gene
  • 2 points for the common breed
  • 2 points for each common gene
  • 3 points for the uncommon breed
  • 3 points for each uncommon gene
  • 4 points for the limited breed
  • 4 points for each limited gene
  • 5 points for the rare breed
  • 5 points for each rare gene
  • 5 points for a nest with only 1 egg.

Example:

You are breeding an all basic fae with a snapper who has common genes. They have a one egg nest and you get this hatchling: A snapper with savannah/basic/basic.

This hatchling gets 2 points for being a snapper, 2 points for common primary, 1 point for basic secondary, 1 point for basic tertiary. 2+2+1+1=6 Patience Points.
You also earn an extra 5 points for the one egg nest, so you have 11 Patience Points in total.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
[center][size=5][b]The Worthy[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48174902] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/481750/48174902_350.png[/img] [/url] Female Guardian | Pear Basic | Eggplant Basic |Chartreuse Basic
The Worthy

48174902_350.png

Female Guardian | Pear Basic | Eggplant Basic |Chartreuse Basic

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
[center][size=5][b]Basic to Common[/b][/size] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48174902][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/481750/48174902.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48780270][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/487803/48780270.png[/img][/url]
Basic to Common

48174902.png48780270.png

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
Common to Uncommon
coming soon
Common to Uncommon
coming soon

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
Uncommon to Limited
coming soon
Uncommon to Limited
coming soon

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
Limited to Rare
coming soon
Limited to Rare
coming soon

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
pinglist in case anyone wants it would go here, i guess

@/Jikoniau
pinglist in case anyone wants it would go here, i guess

@/Jikoniau

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
@Cheshly

This looks like fun! I think I'd do it with an easier version of it though in you could change your breeding pair as you have hatchlings that obtain the rarer breed/gene. I've actually thought about doing something like that for a while. To see if I could start with an all basic dragon and eventually have a dragon with all rare genes just through breeding. So basically breed and each gene would be treated almost separately - trying to go plentiful breed to rare and each primary/secondary/tertiary basic to rare but it doesn't have to be all at once - i.e. as soon as you produced an offspring that had even one thing accomplish its goal it'd become the new heir and you'd find a new mate accordingly.

Example:
Fae all basic X Snapper all common and you get a hatchling that is Snapper all basic then that one would become the new heir and his/her mate would be a uncommon breed with all common genes. And etc and so forth. I think I might try this...
@Cheshly

This looks like fun! I think I'd do it with an easier version of it though in you could change your breeding pair as you have hatchlings that obtain the rarer breed/gene. I've actually thought about doing something like that for a while. To see if I could start with an all basic dragon and eventually have a dragon with all rare genes just through breeding. So basically breed and each gene would be treated almost separately - trying to go plentiful breed to rare and each primary/secondary/tertiary basic to rare but it doesn't have to be all at once - i.e. as soon as you produced an offspring that had even one thing accomplish its goal it'd become the new heir and you'd find a new mate accordingly.

Example:
Fae all basic X Snapper all common and you get a hatchling that is Snapper all basic then that one would become the new heir and his/her mate would be a uncommon breed with all common genes. And etc and so forth. I think I might try this...
“ Accept responsibility for your life. Know that it is you who will get you where you want to go, no one else.” ~ Les Brown
@Jikoniau
I actually had a hard time deciding whether I wanted to do it the way you described or the way I plan to do it. I feel like the way you described would definitely take much less time (and probably be much less frustrating), and you could still link back all the dragons to your one starter dragon which is really cool. Plus you could change up the colors each generation to keep things interesting. I ultimately decided to do it this way just for the extra bit of challenge and because I plan on using all the failed hatchlings as fodder.

If you do decide to start your breeding challenge I wish you luck!
@Jikoniau
I actually had a hard time deciding whether I wanted to do it the way you described or the way I plan to do it. I feel like the way you described would definitely take much less time (and probably be much less frustrating), and you could still link back all the dragons to your one starter dragon which is really cool. Plus you could change up the colors each generation to keep things interesting. I ultimately decided to do it this way just for the extra bit of challenge and because I plan on using all the failed hatchlings as fodder.

If you do decide to start your breeding challenge I wish you luck!

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
1 2