Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Jelly's Pinkerlocke Challenge
1 2
Heya! Welcome to my little Pinkerlocke.
This is my first time ever doing something like this! I'm following the Pinkerlocke rules from here but with tweaked rules(apparel can be either a scroll, breed two dragons, or add a dragon)

This whole thing is a bit of a WIP, so it might look a little janky for now :P

I might not update this that often with writing, but I'll be spending that time perfecting it! I'm a perfectionist and usually spend a while toying with my writing until I don't hate it heh

Latest Day: Day 10- Shoreline

Pinglist

@/Stonyheart @/Mythomancy @/cookistabbi

if you want to be added to the list just ask and i'll add you! you'll get a ping whenever I post an update, and if you wanna be removed just ask <3

Hopefully this goes well!

note that i am subscribed but feel free to ping anyway!

@FieryRose you asked to be pinged, so hi! if you want to be added to the actual pinglist just ask :D
Heya! Welcome to my little Pinkerlocke.
This is my first time ever doing something like this! I'm following the Pinkerlocke rules from here but with tweaked rules(apparel can be either a scroll, breed two dragons, or add a dragon)

This whole thing is a bit of a WIP, so it might look a little janky for now :P

I might not update this that often with writing, but I'll be spending that time perfecting it! I'm a perfectionist and usually spend a while toying with my writing until I don't hate it heh

Latest Day: Day 10- Shoreline

Pinglist

@/Stonyheart @/Mythomancy @/cookistabbi

if you want to be added to the list just ask and i'll add you! you'll get a ping whenever I post an update, and if you wanna be removed just ask <3

Hopefully this goes well!

note that i am subscribed but feel free to ping anyway!

@FieryRose you asked to be pinged, so hi! if you want to be added to the actual pinglist just ask :D
shellbubble.gif
___they/them_-_ please copy+paste my
____fr time +3___username when pinging
[center][b][u]The Posse[/u][/b] This is every dragon that's been included in the locke so far! ----- [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47235807] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/472359/47235807.png[/img] [/url] First up is Tombow! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47293839] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/472939/47293839.png[/img] [/url] Next is Catch! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47303977] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/473040/47303977.png[/img] [/url] And this is Talenti here :D [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47578942] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/475790/47578942.png[/img] [/url] Here's Wilbur! [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/47947099][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/479471/47947099.png[/img][/url] And this is Leima, the baby of the group. (he's a baby in the story anyway) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47864845] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/478649/47864845.png[/img] [/url] Vilucha! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48345494] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/483455/48345494.png[/img] [/url] Fleck! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48257602] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/482577/48257602.png[/img] [/url] Ispan! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=48352442] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/483525/48352442.png[/img] [/url] and Spectregrasp!
The Posse

This is every dragon that's been included in the locke so far!

47235807.png

First up is Tombow!

47293839.png

Next is Catch!

47303977.png

And this is Talenti here :D

47578942.png

Here's Wilbur!

47947099.png
And this is Leima, the baby of the group.
(he's a baby in the story anyway)

47864845.png

Vilucha!

48345494.png

Fleck!

48257602.png

Ispan!

48352442.png

and Spectregrasp!
shellbubble.gif
shellbubble.gif
one more just in case, then the thread's free!
one more just in case, then the thread's free!
shellbubble.gif
[center][b][u]Prologue- Stranded[/u][/b] Pinglist: @Stonyheart @Mythomancy Pull: [item=driftwood log] Time for writing! oh boy [i][u]warning!! brief mentions of vomiting/seasickness, if that makes you uncomfortable skip the first paragraph or so[/u][/i][/center] ----- Bobbing on the waves of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, a tiny, ragged wooden vessel barely bigger than a rowboat tossed and turned on the surface of the water. A Coatl’s head poked up over the side, wobbling and shaking as the dragon staggered to his feet. He looked around for a moment, squinting and blinking his eyes as he took in his surroundings. He promptly fell against the side of the boat, gripped the edge, and vomited into the sea, his feathered frills flattened against his neck as he shuddered. “Oh, you’ve finally decided to wake up?” A dry voice said from the boat’s prow. The Coatl looked up from his very fun activity, distracting himself from his nausea to take in the rest of the boat. It wasn’t much to speak of. A tiny pink Fae perched on the prow of the boat was watching the seasick Coatl, looking unimpressed. Lying on the boat’s floor was a pale yellow Tundra, her dark purple wings sprawled awkwardly on the bottom of the boat in her sleep. A tattered fishnet and what looked like a broken oar were scattered around the Tundra, along with several miscellaneous bits and bobs that looked entirely useless. “Name’s Catch.” The Fae said, catching the Coatl’s attention from the Tundra again. “O-oh. Er… hi? I’m- [i]hic-[/i] Tombow.” He mumbled, gripping the side of the boat and looking as if he was about to hurl again. Tombow was not a huge fan of boats. He tried to remember why he was even on one, combing through his muddled mind. He snatched upon a vague memory of boarding a trading ship, headed for Wind territory. The voyage had been relatively normal, until… What? He squinted again and shook his head, flicking his crest irritably. He couldn’t recall what had happened to the ship exactly- only a vague feeling of panic, and then the memory cut off. “You… you know how w-?” “No. I don’t remember how we managed to get stuck in a boat in the middle of the ocean together. With an asleep Tundra.” Catch said, cutting Tombow off with a flat voice. As if the mention of her existence had roused her, the Tundra twitched. Catch and Tombow uneasily stared at her as she came to, shaking her head and hissing. Her eyes were a red so dark they were almost black, and they looked murderous. As soon as she was fully awake, the Tundra leapt to her feet, grabbing the splintered oar shaft and growling at the others. “Who are you, and WHY AM I ON A ROWBOAT?” She shouted, causing Tombow to jerk back with a yelp as the stick was thrust at his face. It came to a stop mere inches from his nose, and he went cross-eyed trying to see the thing. “Woah, calm down, ya crazy hairball! We’re all stuck on this boat, and stabbing us with a stick isn’t gonna help anything.” Catch said, causing the Tundra to whip her makeshift spear around as she glared at the Fae. Catch was currently leaning as far back as he could off the boat without falling off, his little Fae legs stretched to their limits. She seemed to consider his words, tilting her head for a moment. “Fine. You’ve got a point. I’d still prefer to know who, exactly, you are, though.” She grumbled, throwing the oar to the floor of the boat and kicking it away. Tombow coughed, returning to a normal sitting position and breathing fast. “I’m Tombow, and that’s-” “Catch. I can speak for myself, feather-boy.” The Fae cut Tombow off yet again, staring pointedly at him as Tombow glared back. The Tundra snorted. “Me? I’m Talenti. Proud warrior of Plague.” Talenti puffed out her chest smugly, revealing a splinter from the oar tangled in her chest fur. Rather than pointing it out, Tombow turned his eyes to the waters surrounding them. Surveying the horizon, he saw nothing but endless water. Great. “Well, uh… don’t see any land.” He nervously pointed out. Talenti stomped over to the edge of the boat, causing it to rock significantly more. Tombow was not thrilled. Once she was satisfied with her view, she plunked herself down on the boat floor. “Hmm. Hmmmmmmm.” She murmured, staring downwards and seemingly thinking. “So… any ideas?” Tombow ventured. Talenti turned her head and looked at him, grimacing. “Nope. We’re stuck tight.” “Great.” Tombow groaned, flopping his neck over the side of the boat and looking down. This was off to a brilliant start. ----- that was l o n g!! the others hopefully won't be so long. this is the intro post after all tho so eh also totally stole formatting from @/Leopardmask's pinkerlocke until i find an original formatting i like, hope ya don't mind! also sorry to anyone who likes their stuff centered it just looked real funky when it was centered rip my awesome friend Mythomancy looked this over before I posted it! kudos to them^^
Prologue- Stranded
Pinglist: @Stonyheart @Mythomancy
Pull:
Driftwood Log
Time for writing! oh boy

warning!! brief mentions of vomiting/seasickness, if that makes you uncomfortable skip the first paragraph or so

Bobbing on the waves of the Sea of a Thousand Currents, a tiny, ragged wooden vessel barely bigger than a rowboat tossed and turned on the surface of the water.
A Coatl’s head poked up over the side, wobbling and shaking as the dragon staggered to his feet. He looked around for a moment, squinting and blinking his eyes as he took in his surroundings. He promptly fell against the side of the boat, gripped the edge, and vomited into the sea, his feathered frills flattened against his neck as he shuddered.
“Oh, you’ve finally decided to wake up?”
A dry voice said from the boat’s prow.
The Coatl looked up from his very fun activity, distracting himself from his nausea to take in the rest of the boat.
It wasn’t much to speak of.

A tiny pink Fae perched on the prow of the boat was watching the seasick Coatl, looking unimpressed. Lying on the boat’s floor was a pale yellow Tundra, her dark purple wings sprawled awkwardly on the bottom of the boat in her sleep. A tattered fishnet and what looked like a broken oar were scattered around the Tundra, along with several miscellaneous bits and bobs that looked entirely useless.
“Name’s Catch.”
The Fae said, catching the Coatl’s attention from the Tundra again.
“O-oh. Er… hi? I’m- hic- Tombow.”
He mumbled, gripping the side of the boat and looking as if he was about to hurl again.

Tombow was not a huge fan of boats. He tried to remember why he was even on one, combing through his muddled mind. He snatched upon a vague memory of boarding a trading ship, headed for Wind territory. The voyage had been relatively normal, until…
What?
He squinted again and shook his head, flicking his crest irritably. He couldn’t recall what had happened to the ship exactly- only a vague feeling of panic, and then the memory cut off.

“You… you know how w-?”
“No. I don’t remember how we managed to get stuck in a boat in the middle of the ocean together. With an asleep Tundra.”
Catch said, cutting Tombow off with a flat voice.
As if the mention of her existence had roused her, the Tundra twitched. Catch and Tombow uneasily stared at her as she came to, shaking her head and hissing.
Her eyes were a red so dark they were almost black, and they looked murderous. As soon as she was fully awake, the Tundra leapt to her feet, grabbing the splintered oar shaft and growling at the others.

“Who are you, and WHY AM I ON A ROWBOAT?”
She shouted, causing Tombow to jerk back with a yelp as the stick was thrust at his face. It came to a stop mere inches from his nose, and he went cross-eyed trying to see the thing.
“Woah, calm down, ya crazy hairball! We’re all stuck on this boat, and stabbing us with a stick isn’t gonna help anything.”
Catch said, causing the Tundra to whip her makeshift spear around as she glared at the Fae.
Catch was currently leaning as far back as he could off the boat without falling off, his little Fae legs stretched to their limits.
She seemed to consider his words, tilting her head for a moment.

“Fine. You’ve got a point. I’d still prefer to know who, exactly, you are, though.”
She grumbled, throwing the oar to the floor of the boat and kicking it away. Tombow coughed, returning to a normal sitting position and breathing fast.
“I’m Tombow, and that’s-”
“Catch. I can speak for myself, feather-boy.”
The Fae cut Tombow off yet again, staring pointedly at him as Tombow glared back. The Tundra snorted.
“Me? I’m Talenti. Proud warrior of Plague.”
Talenti puffed out her chest smugly, revealing a splinter from the oar tangled in her chest fur. Rather than pointing it out, Tombow turned his eyes to the waters surrounding them. Surveying the horizon, he saw nothing but endless water.
Great.

“Well, uh… don’t see any land.”
He nervously pointed out. Talenti stomped over to the edge of the boat, causing it to rock significantly more. Tombow was not thrilled.
Once she was satisfied with her view, she plunked herself down on the boat floor.
“Hmm.
Hmmmmmmm.”
She murmured, staring downwards and seemingly thinking.

“So… any ideas?”
Tombow ventured. Talenti turned her head and looked at him, grimacing.
“Nope. We’re stuck tight.”
“Great.”
Tombow groaned, flopping his neck over the side of the boat and looking down.
This was off to a brilliant start.

that was l o n g!! the others hopefully won't be so long. this is the intro post after all tho so eh

also totally stole formatting from @/Leopardmask's pinkerlocke until i find an original formatting i like, hope ya don't mind!

also sorry to anyone who likes their stuff centered it just looked real funky when it was centered rip

my awesome friend Mythomancy looked this over before I posted it! kudos to them^^
shellbubble.gif
boy o boy
boy o boy
KptxMMR.png

"rouxls kaard would
canonically own a meowstic"
Rouxls-Kaard-overworld.png
yes it does
yes it does
KptxMMR.png

"rouxls kaard would
indeed
indeed
shellbubble.gif
[center][b][u]Day 1- Landfall[/u][/b] Pinglist: @Stonyheart @Mythomancy @cookistabbi Pull: [item=golden-laced rooster] coli time[/center] ----- Tombow impatiently tapped his claws on the rim of the wooden boat, staring out at the wide-open waters in search of any scrap of land. A splash sounded from behind him, and he looked to see Talenti pulling on a ratty string of rope. “What… what are you doing?” He asked cautiously, as the Tundra hoisted the rope into the boat. She didn’t respond, and a few seconds later, she pulled the rope in- revealing her oar spear tied to the end, and a wriggling fish impaled on it. She pulled the fish off the spear, throwing the wooden shaft down on the boat floor. “Seeing you grabbing at the water with your piddly Coatl paws to catch fish for yourself made me sad because of how pathetic you look, so I made a fishing spear so I can catch fish for you. Now eat it.” She threw the fish at him, and he scrambled to grab it out of the air. “Er- thanks?” He said, then sat down and took a bite of the fish. As he munched, he glanced over at Catch. The little Fae was lying on the boat floor, staring pitifully at Tombow. There weren’t exactly many insects on the open ocean for him to eat, and the Fae’s energy plummeted the longer he went without bugs. Suddenly, Talenti jumped up and leaned over the side almost far enough to fall in, shielding her eyes with a paw and squinting. Tombow stared at her. “LAND!” She shouted, grabbing the broken oar blade and furiously paddling with it. Tombow tossed the fish on the floor of the boat and scrambled across, leaning out to see a pale green shape in the distance. It stretched across the horizon- exactly in the opposite direction he’d been looking. Good job, Tombow. “By the Shadowbinder, that’s LAND!” He shouted, leaning over the side and paddling with his front paws. Catch crawled up the side of the boat and peeked over the side, being active for the first time in days. He watched silently as the other dragons attempted to guide the boat, his crests flicking upwards as the landmass ever so slowly got closer. After a long fight against the currents, the boat was finally at the shore. Catch crawled up the side of the boat again, taking in the surroundings. They’d landed at a peaceful, small beach, with rolling green hills and meadows beyond. Small herds of animals could be seen grazing, with birds and bugs flitting about. The Fae leaped out of the boat, an anthill locked in his sights. He descended on the anthill and began pillaging their nest, greedily stuffing talonfuls of ants into his mouth as fast as dragonly possible. Talenti hopped out of the boat, wobbling a little as she found her paws on solid ground for the first time in weeks. Tombow took a cautious step over the side, letting his paw feel the sand before he jumped out. As he was adjusting, he felt something underneath the sand. He grabbed it and pulled it out- revealing a loop of string, with bird skulls and beads strung along it. Delighted with his new find, he put the necklace on and looked at it. As he admired his new jewelry, Talenti reached back into the boat and grabbed her spear. “Well, I'll be off now.” She announced, causing Catch to look up from his anthill-consuming rampage. “You're seriously just going to ditch us?” Tombow asked, shaking sand off his talons and adjusting his necklace. “We’re the only dragons you know in- what is this? Wind territory?” He pointed out, flicking his tail at the landscape around them. “I don’t need dragons I know. I need to get back to the Wasteland!” Talenti responded, stamping a paw on the ground and glaring moodily at him. As the two argued, Catch resumed terrorizing the ants. As he ate, he heard wings behind him. He looked behind him to see a large green bird standing there, four leathery wings tucked to its body. He stared at it. It screamed at him. Its wings snapped out, and Catch took off, shrieking and flinging himself away from the bird. The bird beat its wings and zipped after the Fae, its beak snapping hungrily. Tombow and Talenti stopped arguing to see Catch screaming and frantically winging away from the bird. Tombow began to yell as well, gesturing frantically and saying some unintelligible mix of Coatl and Draconic and being entirely useless. Talenti groaned. She ran after the bird and the Fae, and whacked the bird as hard as she could with her spear. The bird came to a stop in midair, screaming indignantly as Talenti continued to hit it with the stick. “Get- out- of- HERE!” She grunted, whacking the bird between each word. The Webwing got the message and winged off into the fields, leaving a terrified Catch huddling on the ground. Talenti walked up to the Fae and looked down at him, looking thoroughly unimpressed. “Well, if this is how you handle attacks, I guess I’ll have to stay with you idiots so you don’t get killed by [i]pigeons.[/i]” She said, glancing over at Tombow. “Yeah, yeah, okay.” He admitted. His feathers were still puffed up from fear, so he looked like a puffball for a moment. Catch lay on the ground for a minute before shamefully creeping towards Tombow, climbing up his leg and burying himself in his feathers. “Don’t talk to me.” He said, seemingly making a nest in Tombow’s feathers. Small crunching noises emitted from Catch’s “nest.” “Well, anyway, we should get going.” Tombow announced, setting off in a random direction down the beach and ignoring Catch. Talenti followed after them, muttering quietly and keeping an eye out. And so it begins. ----- fun fact the pull is a Lie i actually got an apparel item(talenti's bandana) but it seems too early to gene someone & nobody's ready to breed so i swapped it for a banked pull from when they were growing up they're also level 4 now!! good job guys hope this isn't too long because i am Physically Incapable of writing anything shorter than 600 words apparently
Day 1- Landfall
Pinglist: @Stonyheart @Mythomancy @cookistabbi
Pull:
Golden-Laced Rooster
coli time

Tombow impatiently tapped his claws on the rim of the wooden boat, staring out at the wide-open waters in search of any scrap of land.
A splash sounded from behind him, and he looked to see Talenti pulling on a ratty string of rope.
“What… what are you doing?”
He asked cautiously, as the Tundra hoisted the rope into the boat. She didn’t respond, and a few seconds later, she pulled the rope in- revealing her oar spear tied to the end, and a wriggling fish impaled on it. She pulled the fish off the spear, throwing the wooden shaft down on the boat floor.
“Seeing you grabbing at the water with your piddly Coatl paws to catch fish for yourself made me sad because of how pathetic you look, so I made a fishing spear so I can catch fish for you. Now eat it.”
She threw the fish at him, and he scrambled to grab it out of the air.
“Er- thanks?”
He said, then sat down and took a bite of the fish.

As he munched, he glanced over at Catch. The little Fae was lying on the boat floor, staring pitifully at Tombow. There weren’t exactly many insects on the open ocean for him to eat, and the Fae’s energy plummeted the longer he went without bugs.
Suddenly, Talenti jumped up and leaned over the side almost far enough to fall in, shielding her eyes with a paw and squinting. Tombow stared at her.
“LAND!”
She shouted, grabbing the broken oar blade and furiously paddling with it.
Tombow tossed the fish on the floor of the boat and scrambled across, leaning out to see a pale green shape in the distance. It stretched across the horizon- exactly in the opposite direction he’d been looking.
Good job, Tombow.
“By the Shadowbinder, that’s LAND!”
He shouted, leaning over the side and paddling with his front paws. Catch crawled up the side of the boat and peeked over the side, being active for the first time in days. He watched silently as the other dragons attempted to guide the boat, his crests flicking upwards as the landmass ever so slowly got closer.

After a long fight against the currents, the boat was finally at the shore.
Catch crawled up the side of the boat again, taking in the surroundings.
They’d landed at a peaceful, small beach, with rolling green hills and meadows beyond. Small herds of animals could be seen grazing, with birds and bugs flitting about.
The Fae leaped out of the boat, an anthill locked in his sights. He descended on the anthill and began pillaging their nest, greedily stuffing talonfuls of ants into his mouth as fast as dragonly possible. Talenti hopped out of the boat, wobbling a little as she found her paws on solid ground for the first time in weeks.
Tombow took a cautious step over the side, letting his paw feel the sand before he jumped out. As he was adjusting, he felt something underneath the sand.
He grabbed it and pulled it out- revealing a loop of string, with bird skulls and beads strung along it. Delighted with his new find, he put the necklace on and looked at it. As he admired his new jewelry, Talenti reached back into the boat and grabbed her spear.

“Well, I'll be off now.”
She announced, causing Catch to look up from his anthill-consuming rampage.
“You're seriously just going to ditch us?”
Tombow asked, shaking sand off his talons and adjusting his necklace.
“We’re the only dragons you know in- what is this? Wind territory?”
He pointed out, flicking his tail at the landscape around them.
“I don’t need dragons I know. I need to get back to the Wasteland!”
Talenti responded, stamping a paw on the ground and glaring moodily at him.
As the two argued, Catch resumed terrorizing the ants.
As he ate, he heard wings behind him.
He looked behind him to see a large green bird standing there, four leathery wings tucked to its body.
He stared at it.
It screamed at him.
Its wings snapped out, and Catch took off, shrieking and flinging himself away from the bird. The bird beat its wings and zipped after the Fae, its beak snapping hungrily.
Tombow and Talenti stopped arguing to see Catch screaming and frantically winging away from the bird. Tombow began to yell as well, gesturing frantically and saying some unintelligible mix of Coatl and Draconic and being entirely useless. Talenti groaned. She ran after the bird and the Fae, and whacked the bird as hard as she could with her spear.

The bird came to a stop in midair, screaming indignantly as Talenti continued to hit it with the stick.
“Get- out- of- HERE!”
She grunted, whacking the bird between each word. The Webwing got the message and winged off into the fields, leaving a terrified Catch huddling on the ground. Talenti walked up to the Fae and looked down at him, looking thoroughly unimpressed.
“Well, if this is how you handle attacks, I guess I’ll have to stay with you idiots so you don’t get killed by pigeons.
She said, glancing over at Tombow.
“Yeah, yeah, okay.”
He admitted. His feathers were still puffed up from fear, so he looked like a puffball for a moment. Catch lay on the ground for a minute before shamefully creeping towards Tombow, climbing up his leg and burying himself in his feathers.
“Don’t talk to me.”
He said, seemingly making a nest in Tombow’s feathers.
Small crunching noises emitted from Catch’s “nest.”

“Well, anyway, we should get going.”
Tombow announced, setting off in a random direction down the beach and ignoring Catch. Talenti followed after them, muttering quietly and keeping an eye out.
And so it begins.
fun fact the pull is a Lie i actually got an apparel item(talenti's bandana) but it seems too early to gene someone & nobody's ready to breed so i swapped it for a banked pull from when they were growing up
they're also level 4 now!! good job guys
hope this isn't too long because i am Physically Incapable of writing anything shorter than 600 words apparently
shellbubble.gif
oh heck yea this b lit
oh heck yea this b lit
KptxMMR.png

"rouxls kaard would
1 2