Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Grind/Lore-locke] The Universal Space
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12 13
I guess there'll be a table of contents later?
I guess there'll be a table of contents later?
...I'm a cactus.
78.png Ping: @CactusElixir
FR+11 (but odd hours)
Have an amazing day!

Voices of Chaos (hiatus)
Vote-controlled dragon journey! Check it out, the more the merrier. :D
[center][size=5]Prologue[/size][/center] [i]Three dragons were chosen by randomizing the list of all possible characters (minus Lucky) via [url=https://www.random.org/lists/]List Randomizer[/url] and then picking the first name each time.[/i] They are: Ozone, Dew, Desmond. (Wow, thanks, random.) [center][item=Ambush] (doesn't count, because prologue) ----- [item=Cobalt Filigree Gauntlets][item=Sour Strawberry][item=Small Ribcage][item=Blacktongue Pepper][item=Giant White Toridae][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42097882] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/420979/42097882_350.png[/img] [/url] As Ozone traversed the lush and surprisingly cold forest of rainbow trees, she again pondered whether this was a dream or not. The strangeness of this place seemed unreal, yet she felt lucid and aware in a way she never did when asleep. She could feel the warm moss under her claws and smell the unmistakable scent of citrus, which followed her all the way from the tree under which she first woke up. Another sphere of light zipped right past her, numerous sparks bouncing off Ozone's armor and falling into the soil under her claws. Dragoness paused, observing how they immediately grew into a number of blue plants with small star-shaped flowers, and sighed. Even something that looked familiar was fundamentally different here. Overhead, the sun - the green sun - seemed to randomly move in the sky, its light seeping through the tree tops and illuminating the forest, casting strange shadows around. The colorful tree branches weaved above, tangling with each other, with bright golden birds green spotted lizards sitting on some of them and gazing at the dragon below indifferently. Ozone shook her head, and continued down her path, carefully side-stepping the newly grown bushes. The trees weren't standing close enough for her to be unable to squeeze past them, thankfully, but she was getting tired from walking the terrain - she was familiar with stone and sand, not frozen soil and tree roots. Some part of her mind also wanted to catch one of the spheres to analyze it, but mostly she was worried about getting back home from wherever she was right now. Eventually, she noticed the light getting brighter, and in about five minutes Ozone was past the tree line. The forest ended abruptly on the edge of a relatively low plateau, and from here and to the horizon a snow covered plain stretched, with misted mountains towering far away. Not far from the forest, there was an ice - or maybe just light blue rock - construction, which vaguely reminded Ozone of a giant ribcage, with gapes between the ice walls and a roughly oval shape. It reflected the light of the sun, and there were lichen-like plants scattered around and under it, from what Ozone could see. As she narrowed her eyes, straining to see more, something bright dashed in front of the structure, and Ozone almost stumbled back in surprise. If her eyes didn't deceive her, it was a Fae - a bright orange Fae, fluttering around the structure. In a hurry, Ozone stretched her wings and tucked away her scarf, preparing to fly down and hopefully meet the other dragon before they left. Despite the coldness of the air, flying warmed her blood pleasantly, and for a moment she felt energized - wanting to pirouette in the air and fly as fast as she could. But Ozone knew it was more of an illusion; she better conserve what energy she actually had left. Spreading her wings, she slowly glided down through the air, towards the plain and, hopefully, an explanation of where she was. As Ozone flew down, she took in the landscape before he. The plains seemed to be mostly covered by the hardened snow, with patches of ice eerily glinting in the green sun's light. Instead of the friable snow that she was accustomed to, it was almost flat - buy there were plants growing from it, so maybe it wasn't that solid as it looked. When Ozone descended close enough to the ground, considering making the last stretch on foot, she noticed something else. There were tracks in the snow below her - scratches on the flattened surface, almost unnoticeable from afar even to her attentive to the details eyes. Intrigued, the Guardian dropped down after a quick glance towards the structure. The snow felt dry and didn't crunch under her steps, but it was icily cold and, amazingly, non-slippery. A bit reassured by that - at least it was more or less normal, not rainbow, - Ozone followed the tracks. Luckily for her, they headed in the direction of the structure as well, and now she could see the Fae again, an orange blur between the ice columns. Ozone was almost sure that everything is actually going as planned, when her claw didn't find an expected ground and she stumbled forward under the force of her movement. She yelped, immediately getting a mouthful of snow, and tried to flap her wings, but the fall was short on its own - her legs met something surprisingly soft, and suddenly there was grass in her eyes. Fumbling, Ozone spit out the snow and stood up, bumping her wings into the walls of a... cave? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41906756] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/419068/41906756_350.png[/img] [/url] As she lifted her head to look around, she almost stumbled back down again, as right to her left there was another dragon, a raspberry and gray Tundra, sitting a step away and looking at her with surprisingly relaxed and curious expression. Ozone backed away, her tail nervously swishing in the air and wings held protectively close to the body, feet uneven on the soft ground - was it moss, again? She tried to calm her breathing, and focus on the Tundra before her. He was dressed in simple clothing and had a vert fluffy coat with a majestic mane and bright amber eyes and white fins. The Tundra grinned at her assessment of him, and waved his paw. "I was contemplating on seeking a way back up through the caves, but it seems I wan't the only one tricked by the illusion," he made a humming sound, and bowed his head. "I'm Dew. With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?" "Ozone", she bowed back, and then looked around. They were in a small cave, the ground of which was fully covered in grass and moss-like flora, some of it even being on the walls, with vines spreading through cracks and some dark blue fruits or vegetables hanging down from them. There were two tunnels behind Dew, both dark and narrow, and then, of course, there was an opening up above, apparently covered by the illusory snow - which still allowed the light to fall down. "So..." Ozone looked back at her new acquaintance. "Are you... from here?" She gestured with her wing around her, trying to indicate the whole world. Somehow, the Tundra actually understood her vague wording. "Not to my knowledge. I woke up in the above ground cave, about an hour of slow walking from here." He tilted his head. "I'm assuming you experienced something similar?" She nodded. "I woke in the forest, up on the plateau. I was flying over to the ice structure when I noticed tracks - yours, I think." Dew chuckled. "And we both ended up in the same trap." He looked up. "I tried to fly back up, but it is solid as rock despite being transparent, and I don't have raw stength to break it in flight." "Let's see if I do, then." Ozone carefully stretched her wings. The cave wasn't spacious, but it was just enough to fly back up if she made sure to maneuver in the airs. She just hoped she can get enough speed to use her weight as an advantage - one of the many good thing about being the Guardian, being able to just ram through obstacles. Dew nodded with a wise expression, and stepped back into one of the tunnels to give her space. Briefly, Ozone thought on why wouldn't he use his Fire magic to melt the snow, but after all, not all dragons could control their elemental part well. With one strong downstroke of wings she flew upwards, trying to both gain speed and not brush the walls. As she was almost to the top, she twisted her side, so that her shoulder takes the main hit. Surprisingly, it was enough - the snow cracked, and chunks of it dropped down, with Dew cautiously jumping away from where he just looked out from the tunnel. "Great job!" The Tundra cheered, and Ozone smiled. It was a short time until they were up on the surface again - both glancing at the surrounding snow with great suspicion. Ozone looked towards the ice structure, still standing before them, although she couldn't see the other other dragon. "Would you like to accompany me?" She turned to Dew, who beamed at her in answer. "Of course! I believe you would be a delightful company." He eyed the ground then, and added. "And I might need another rescue, if there are any more of these." Ozone snorted, and flapped her wings. "Maybe we should just fly." By the time they landed before the structure, Ozone briefly told Dew of her walk through the forest, the electrical spheres that grow flowers - they just kept intriguing her too much, - and the orange Fae she saw from above. Dew, in turn, described the caves that peppered the side of the plateau, and how he trotted near the cliff until he noticed the ice columns and decided to investigate. He was well-spoken, and something in him almost gave out a noble vibe, and yet Ozone didn't feel the presence that usually surrounded dragons like these. Instead, his manner was almost lazy, relaxed, just a bit shy from apathetic - he certainly wasn't very bothered that he was stuck in what possibly was another world. Or a dream, she still wasn't sure. Now, the ice structure towered over them, casting long shadows on the snow, long lines of glittering ice much more obvious under its foundation; Ozone noticed Dew eyeing them warily - they both clearly lost trust in the solidness of the local ground. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41857850] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418579/41857850_350.png[/img] [/url] As the duo made their way to the closest archway, avoiding the ice and alert to any sounds, Ozone considered the structure as a whole. The columns were frequent, with the passages between them almost too narrow for her shoulders and wings, even though she hoped she'll fit anyway. They had a bright blue colour, and seemed very reflective, not that similar to the ice up close. She wondered what they were made from... "Ahoy, mateys!" Both Ozone and Dew jumped in surprise at the greeting from above and lifted their heads. The orange Fae was hovering above, and before either of them managed to respond, dashed before them, flying lower to the ground. "Sorry for spooking ya, didn't mean to," the Fae waved at them. "I'm Desmond." Ozone introduced herself, all the while looking over the Fae in interest. Unlike both herself and Dew, he had a very distinctive style in his clothing; he looked like a sailor, complete with a bandana and a striped shirt. His striped as well wings fluttered quickly and energetically as he listened to both of their introductions, and the next moment he was quickly chatting, explaining what he was doing here. His speech was heavy with some unrecognizable to Ozone accent, and he also seemed to pepper it with nautical jargon. "I happened to wake up somewhere to the north from here, and I spent some time gathering supplies before going to explore," he gestured towards a satchel on his hip. "Headed out to check where in the seven seas I was after all. Noticed this thing right away, it sticks out like a lone sail, and went here. Looked through from stem to stern, there is nothing except green berries - I was planning on leaving when I noticed you two below." He explained all that in about one breath, and finally paused. While Ozon blinked in astonishment at that speed, Dew tilted his head in question. "Green berries?" "Yes, small, look like strawberries, probably poisonous." Desmond lifted his arm, where a couple of his scales were a bit off-colour. "Burned my scales, didn't risk tasting after." Ozone sighed. "This world is bizarre. Are you alright?" "Some berries won't sink me," Desmond huffed, but grinned at her anyway. "The lack of company just could, but it seems to not be a problem anymore!"
Prologue

Three dragons were chosen by randomizing the list of all possible characters (minus Lucky) via List Randomizer and then picking the first name each time.

They are: Ozone, Dew, Desmond. (Wow, thanks, random.)
Ambush
(doesn't count, because prologue)
Cobalt Filigree Gauntlets Sour Strawberry Small Ribcage Blacktongue Pepper Giant White Toridae

42097882_350.png

As Ozone traversed the lush and surprisingly cold forest of rainbow trees, she again pondered whether this was a dream or not. The strangeness of this place seemed unreal, yet she felt lucid and aware in a way she never did when asleep. She could feel the warm moss under her claws and smell the unmistakable scent of citrus, which followed her all the way from the tree under which she first woke up.
Another sphere of light zipped right past her, numerous sparks bouncing off Ozone's armor and falling into the soil under her claws. Dragoness paused, observing how they immediately grew into a number of blue plants with small star-shaped flowers, and sighed. Even something that looked familiar was fundamentally different here.
Overhead, the sun - the green sun - seemed to randomly move in the sky, its light seeping through the tree tops and illuminating the forest, casting strange shadows around. The colorful tree branches weaved above, tangling with each other, with bright golden birds green spotted lizards sitting on some of them and gazing at the dragon below indifferently.
Ozone shook her head, and continued down her path, carefully side-stepping the newly grown bushes. The trees weren't standing close enough for her to be unable to squeeze past them, thankfully, but she was getting tired from walking the terrain - she was familiar with stone and sand, not frozen soil and tree roots. Some part of her mind also wanted to catch one of the spheres to analyze it, but mostly she was worried about getting back home from wherever she was right now.

Eventually, she noticed the light getting brighter, and in about five minutes Ozone was past the tree line. The forest ended abruptly on the edge of a relatively low plateau, and from here and to the horizon a snow covered plain stretched, with misted mountains towering far away.
Not far from the forest, there was an ice - or maybe just light blue rock - construction, which vaguely reminded Ozone of a giant ribcage, with gapes between the ice walls and a roughly oval shape. It reflected the light of the sun, and there were lichen-like plants scattered around and under it, from what Ozone could see.
As she narrowed her eyes, straining to see more, something bright dashed in front of the structure, and Ozone almost stumbled back in surprise. If her eyes didn't deceive her, it was a Fae - a bright orange Fae, fluttering around the structure. In a hurry, Ozone stretched her wings and tucked away her scarf, preparing to fly down and hopefully meet the other dragon before they left.
Despite the coldness of the air, flying warmed her blood pleasantly, and for a moment she felt energized - wanting to pirouette in the air and fly as fast as she could. But Ozone knew it was more of an illusion; she better conserve what energy she actually had left. Spreading her wings, she slowly glided down through the air, towards the plain and, hopefully, an explanation of where she was.

As Ozone flew down, she took in the landscape before he. The plains seemed to be mostly covered by the hardened snow, with patches of ice eerily glinting in the green sun's light. Instead of the friable snow that she was accustomed to, it was almost flat - buy there were plants growing from it, so maybe it wasn't that solid as it looked.
When Ozone descended close enough to the ground, considering making the last stretch on foot, she noticed something else. There were tracks in the snow below her - scratches on the flattened surface, almost unnoticeable from afar even to her attentive to the details eyes. Intrigued, the Guardian dropped down after a quick glance towards the structure.
The snow felt dry and didn't crunch under her steps, but it was icily cold and, amazingly, non-slippery. A bit reassured by that - at least it was more or less normal, not rainbow, - Ozone followed the tracks. Luckily for her, they headed in the direction of the structure as well, and now she could see the Fae again, an orange blur between the ice columns.
Ozone was almost sure that everything is actually going as planned, when her claw didn't find an expected ground and she stumbled forward under the force of her movement. She yelped, immediately getting a mouthful of snow, and tried to flap her wings, but the fall was short on its own - her legs met something surprisingly soft, and suddenly there was grass in her eyes. Fumbling, Ozone spit out the snow and stood up, bumping her wings into the walls of a... cave?

41906756_350.png

As she lifted her head to look around, she almost stumbled back down again, as right to her left there was another dragon, a raspberry and gray Tundra, sitting a step away and looking at her with surprisingly relaxed and curious expression. Ozone backed away, her tail nervously swishing in the air and wings held protectively close to the body, feet uneven on the soft ground - was it moss, again? She tried to calm her breathing, and focus on the Tundra before her.
He was dressed in simple clothing and had a vert fluffy coat with a majestic mane and bright amber eyes and white fins. The Tundra grinned at her assessment of him, and waved his paw.
"I was contemplating on seeking a way back up through the caves, but it seems I wan't the only one tricked by the illusion," he made a humming sound, and bowed his head. "I'm Dew. With whom do I have the pleasure of speaking?"
"Ozone", she bowed back, and then looked around. They were in a small cave, the ground of which was fully covered in grass and moss-like flora, some of it even being on the walls, with vines spreading through cracks and some dark blue fruits or vegetables hanging down from them. There were two tunnels behind Dew, both dark and narrow, and then, of course, there was an opening up above, apparently covered by the illusory snow - which still allowed the light to fall down.
"So..." Ozone looked back at her new acquaintance. "Are you... from here?" She gestured with her wing around her, trying to indicate the whole world. Somehow, the Tundra actually understood her vague wording.
"Not to my knowledge. I woke up in the above ground cave, about an hour of slow walking from here." He tilted his head. "I'm assuming you experienced something similar?"
She nodded. "I woke in the forest, up on the plateau. I was flying over to the ice structure when I noticed tracks - yours, I think."
Dew chuckled. "And we both ended up in the same trap." He looked up. "I tried to fly back up, but it is solid as rock despite being transparent, and I don't have raw stength to break it in flight."
"Let's see if I do, then." Ozone carefully stretched her wings. The cave wasn't spacious, but it was just enough to fly back up if she made sure to maneuver in the airs. She just hoped she can get enough speed to use her weight as an advantage - one of the many good thing about being the Guardian, being able to just ram through obstacles.
Dew nodded with a wise expression, and stepped back into one of the tunnels to give her space. Briefly, Ozone thought on why wouldn't he use his Fire magic to melt the snow, but after all, not all dragons could control their elemental part well. With one strong downstroke of wings she flew upwards, trying to both gain speed and not brush the walls. As she was almost to the top, she twisted her side, so that her shoulder takes the main hit.
Surprisingly, it was enough - the snow cracked, and chunks of it dropped down, with Dew cautiously jumping away from where he just looked out from the tunnel.
"Great job!" The Tundra cheered, and Ozone smiled.
It was a short time until they were up on the surface again - both glancing at the surrounding snow with great suspicion. Ozone looked towards the ice structure, still standing before them, although she couldn't see the other other dragon. "Would you like to accompany me?" She turned to Dew, who beamed at her in answer.
"Of course! I believe you would be a delightful company." He eyed the ground then, and added. "And I might need another rescue, if there are any more of these."
Ozone snorted, and flapped her wings. "Maybe we should just fly." By the time they landed before the structure, Ozone briefly told Dew of her walk through the forest, the electrical spheres that grow flowers - they just kept intriguing her too much, - and the orange Fae she saw from above. Dew, in turn, described the caves that peppered the side of the plateau, and how he trotted near the cliff until he noticed the ice columns and decided to investigate.
He was well-spoken, and something in him almost gave out a noble vibe, and yet Ozone didn't feel the presence that usually surrounded dragons like these. Instead, his manner was almost lazy, relaxed, just a bit shy from apathetic - he certainly wasn't very bothered that he was stuck in what possibly was another world. Or a dream, she still wasn't sure.
Now, the ice structure towered over them, casting long shadows on the snow, long lines of glittering ice much more obvious under its foundation; Ozone noticed Dew eyeing them warily - they both clearly lost trust in the solidness of the local ground.

41857850_350.png

As the duo made their way to the closest archway, avoiding the ice and alert to any sounds, Ozone considered the structure as a whole. The columns were frequent, with the passages between them almost too narrow for her shoulders and wings, even though she hoped she'll fit anyway. They had a bright blue colour, and seemed very reflective, not that similar to the ice up close. She wondered what they were made from...
"Ahoy, mateys!"
Both Ozone and Dew jumped in surprise at the greeting from above and lifted their heads. The orange Fae was hovering above, and before either of them managed to respond, dashed before them, flying lower to the ground.
"Sorry for spooking ya, didn't mean to," the Fae waved at them. "I'm Desmond."
Ozone introduced herself, all the while looking over the Fae in interest. Unlike both herself and Dew, he had a very distinctive style in his clothing; he looked like a sailor, complete with a bandana and a striped shirt. His striped as well wings fluttered quickly and energetically as he listened to both of their introductions, and the next moment he was quickly chatting, explaining what he was doing here. His speech was heavy with some unrecognizable to Ozone accent, and he also seemed to pepper it with nautical jargon.
"I happened to wake up somewhere to the north from here, and I spent some time gathering supplies before going to explore," he gestured towards a satchel on his hip. "Headed out to check where in the seven seas I was after all. Noticed this thing right away, it sticks out like a lone sail, and went here. Looked through from stem to stern, there is nothing except green berries - I was planning on leaving when I noticed you two below." He explained all that in about one breath, and finally paused.
While Ozon blinked in astonishment at that speed, Dew tilted his head in question.
"Green berries?"
"Yes, small, look like strawberries, probably poisonous." Desmond lifted his arm, where a couple of his scales were a bit off-colour. "Burned my scales, didn't risk tasting after."
Ozone sighed.
"This world is bizarre. Are you alright?"
"Some berries won't sink me," Desmond huffed, but grinned at her anyway. "The lack of company just could, but it seems to not be a problem anymore!"
...I'm a cactus.
FR+11 (but odd hours)
Have an amazing day!

Voices of Chaos (hiatus)
[center][size=5]Day 1[/size][/center] [center][item=Herdbeast Hoof] Supply Run [b]Completed[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/training_fields/_thumbnail.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/woodland_border/_thumbnail.png[/img][/center] Considering that I don't have Wildclaws, it's the most useless supply run. XD [columns] [b]Results:[/b] Ozone: 1 -> 7 Dew: 1 -> 7 Desmond: 1 -> 7 Group level: 1 -> 7 1 defeat Energy: 2/3. [nextcol] [center]Inventory:[/center] [item=Minor health Potion]x 8 (+8) [/columns] [item=Broken Flower Pot]x 4[item=Leafy Pack]x 8 [item=Leafy Moth][item=Frosted Pocketmouse]x 2[item=Dryad] [item=Natural Acuity Fragment]x 2[item=Dark Acuity Fragment][item=Shining Acuity Fragment][item=Aquatic Might Fragment][item=Gust Slash] [i]Almost every enemy focused on Desmond for some reason. XD[/i] ----- [item=Silver Horn][item=Delver Parts][item=Golden Milkweed][item=Black King][item=Plaguebringer Bone Scrimshaw] "I keep getting amazed by this world's flora." Ozone just hummed in agreement, slightly moving her wings, one held close to her body, and the other unfurled protectively over Dew. All space around them was filled with interlacing branches and stalks, leaves and flowers covering their field of view and the mist of pollen clearly visible in the air. Even above, there were branches with small fruits. looking vaguely like peaches, with some of them low enough to brush Ozone's back. A small mercy of this situation was that the plants were glowing, giving enough light for the dragons to see their surroundings - even if they were not very inspiring surroundings, - and to not feel completely disoriented. Nothing really promised trouble when the group stepped into the field of golden - not literally, at least, although Ozone could imagine it from this world, - flowers. They were just going to cross the clearing to reach the grove on the other side, where apple trees could be seen; or at least what they assumed were apple trees. The field itself seemed harmless, but when they reached approximately the central point, the plant suddenly started growing. Before they even properly realized this, the flora was over their heads - and now, they were effectively trapped by the bushes. Both Ozone and Dew already tried to cut through them, with claws and fangs, and Desmond even attempted to use his sabre, but nothing could tear the vines, and even leaves were somehow thick enough to resist their flailing. What was even more concerning was that the plants were constantly changing - new leaves appeared and disappeared, branches moved, and whole tunnels sometimes showed up as fast as they were overgrown again. Eventually, Desmond decided to leave them to stay in place and moved to find a more or less stable path that they could potentially squeeze through. After tying a rope to Ozones arm, he told them to wait and pushed into the mass of leaves, his smaller size giving him a noticeable advantage. And now Ozone was lying on the ground, with Dew safely covered by her wing - the stalks were [i]slithering[/i] closer sometimes, and his fur kept getting tangled with them, and at one point he almost got stuck. The Tundra stretched his neck, sniffing at the flowers before him and then proceeded to sneeze, his fur fluffing out and tickling Ozone's wing. "They smell spicy - and dangerous." He lifted his head. "And the fruits smell sweet. Also, you have a fruit impaled on your horn." Ozone startled and fiercely shook her head. A small "peach" came off the horn and immediately got pulled back into the leaves above by a vine. The electrician stared after it in concern, lowering her head further from the branches. "Thank you." She sighed. "I never saw a plant do things like this." She glanced at her companion, and smiled. "You look like a fluffy tumbleweed. I think your fur is getting triboelectricity." At Dew's tilted in question head, she added: "Static electricity." "I hope I look like a majestic fluffy tumbleweed then!" The Tundra laughed. "I'm an emperor, after all, can't do things half-way!" Ozone raised her eyebrows. "You are?" "Yes. An exiled one, though - tumbleweed comparison is actually spot on," he winked, and immediately cut Ozone off as she opened her mouth to apologize. "I like being in exile! It's just much more... It gives more air to breathe." "You should try the sea - I heard the salt reach air is good for dragons!" With that announcement, Desmond flew back into the opening, his wings glinting with golden pollen and shirt torn in places. He cheerfully howered before them, as both Ozone and Dew sighed with relief upon seeing him. Dew smiled. "Maybe I will! I can use a change of scenery right now." "Never fear, matey!" Desmond grinned as he gestured behind his back. "We might be on our ends here, but I think I found a clearing and a stable path to it. Should allow for some leeway, even - these bushes are strange, but they do have structure. Just follow me. And Ozone!" The Fae waited before she got up and tossed a small metallic piece to her. The Guardian caught it and turned over in her claws - it looked like a cylinder with runes engraved on it. "Know anything about it? I have no idea about mechanics." Ozone narrowed her eyes at the piece. There wasn't much she could tell just by sight: it was a smooth cylinder, very light - it could be hollow, - and made from distinctly metal-like material. It had dents in the centers of its circular sides, from each of which two neatly cut wires extended. As for the runes, they didn't look familiar. "It reminds me of a battery, maybe a capacitor, but I cannot say for sure," she looked at Desmond. "Where did you find it?" "In the clearing - it has a lot of strange mechanisms just standing up from the grass; mostly broken, rust and everything, but I think that is why it doesn't have all the vines." He waved his hand at the flowers. "None of the branches extend over the machines. And there are things that look like metallic totems" Dew, who was peeking with interest at the cylinder, stood up. "As much as I don't understand technology - what is a capacitor? - I would prefer it to the nature right now." He stretched his legs, a bit numb from sitting in one pose. "Lead the way, captain." ----- They all come from different worlds, and while Desmond's and Ozone's are technology-advanced, Dew only ever met steam mechanics, so team's fluff is a bit confused. XD
Day 1
Herdbeast Hoof
Supply Run
Completed

_thumbnail.png_thumbnail.png

Considering that I don't have Wildclaws, it's the most useless supply run. XD
Results:
Ozone: 1 -> 7
Dew: 1 -> 7
Desmond: 1 -> 7
Group level: 1 -> 7

1 defeat
Energy: 2/3.
Inventory:
Minor Health Potion x 8 (+8)

Broken Flower Pot x 4 Leafy Pack x 8
Leafy Moth Frosted Pocketmouse x 2 Dryad
Natural Acuity Fragment x 2 Dark Acuity Fragment Shining Acuity Fragment Aquatic Might Fragment Gust Slash

Almost every enemy focused on Desmond for some reason. XD
Silver Horn Delver Parts Golden Milkweed Black King Plaguebringer Bone Scrimshaw

"I keep getting amazed by this world's flora."
Ozone just hummed in agreement, slightly moving her wings, one held close to her body, and the other unfurled protectively over Dew. All space around them was filled with interlacing branches and stalks, leaves and flowers covering their field of view and the mist of pollen clearly visible in the air. Even above, there were branches with small fruits. looking vaguely like peaches, with some of them low enough to brush Ozone's back. A small mercy of this situation was that the plants were glowing, giving enough light for the dragons to see their surroundings - even if they were not very inspiring surroundings, - and to not feel completely disoriented.

Nothing really promised trouble when the group stepped into the field of golden - not literally, at least, although Ozone could imagine it from this world, - flowers. They were just going to cross the clearing to reach the grove on the other side, where apple trees could be seen; or at least what they assumed were apple trees. The field itself seemed harmless, but when they reached approximately the central point, the plant suddenly started growing.

Before they even properly realized this, the flora was over their heads - and now, they were effectively trapped by the bushes. Both Ozone and Dew already tried to cut through them, with claws and fangs, and Desmond even attempted to use his sabre, but nothing could tear the vines, and even leaves were somehow thick enough to resist their flailing. What was even more concerning was that the plants were constantly changing - new leaves appeared and disappeared, branches moved, and whole tunnels sometimes showed up as fast as they were overgrown again.

Eventually, Desmond decided to leave them to stay in place and moved to find a more or less stable path that they could potentially squeeze through. After tying a rope to Ozones arm, he told them to wait and pushed into the mass of leaves, his smaller size giving him a noticeable advantage. And now Ozone was lying on the ground, with Dew safely covered by her wing - the stalks were slithering closer sometimes, and his fur kept getting tangled with them, and at one point he almost got stuck.

The Tundra stretched his neck, sniffing at the flowers before him and then proceeded to sneeze, his fur fluffing out and tickling Ozone's wing. "They smell spicy - and dangerous." He lifted his head. "And the fruits smell sweet. Also, you have a fruit impaled on your horn."
Ozone startled and fiercely shook her head. A small "peach" came off the horn and immediately got pulled back into the leaves above by a vine. The electrician stared after it in concern, lowering her head further from the branches.

"Thank you." She sighed. "I never saw a plant do things like this." She glanced at her companion, and smiled. "You look like a fluffy tumbleweed. I think your fur is getting triboelectricity." At Dew's tilted in question head, she added: "Static electricity."
"I hope I look like a majestic fluffy tumbleweed then!" The Tundra laughed. "I'm an emperor, after all, can't do things half-way!"
Ozone raised her eyebrows. "You are?"
"Yes. An exiled one, though - tumbleweed comparison is actually spot on," he winked, and immediately cut Ozone off as she opened her mouth to apologize. "I like being in exile! It's just much more... It gives more air to breathe."
"You should try the sea - I heard the salt reach air is good for dragons!" With that announcement, Desmond flew back into the opening, his wings glinting with golden pollen and shirt torn in places. He cheerfully howered before them, as both Ozone and Dew sighed with relief upon seeing him. Dew smiled.
"Maybe I will! I can use a change of scenery right now."

"Never fear, matey!" Desmond grinned as he gestured behind his back. "We might be on our ends here, but I think I found a clearing and a stable path to it. Should allow for some leeway, even - these bushes are strange, but they do have structure. Just follow me. And Ozone!" The Fae waited before she got up and tossed a small metallic piece to her. The Guardian caught it and turned over in her claws - it looked like a cylinder with runes engraved on it. "Know anything about it? I have no idea about mechanics."

Ozone narrowed her eyes at the piece. There wasn't much she could tell just by sight: it was a smooth cylinder, very light - it could be hollow, - and made from distinctly metal-like material. It had dents in the centers of its circular sides, from each of which two neatly cut wires extended. As for the runes, they didn't look familiar.

"It reminds me of a battery, maybe a capacitor, but I cannot say for sure," she looked at Desmond. "Where did you find it?"
"In the clearing - it has a lot of strange mechanisms just standing up from the grass; mostly broken, rust and everything, but I think that is why it doesn't have all the vines." He waved his hand at the flowers. "None of the branches extend over the machines. And there are things that look like metallic totems"
Dew, who was peeking with interest at the cylinder, stood up.
"As much as I don't understand technology - what is a capacitor? - I would prefer it to the nature right now." He stretched his legs, a bit numb from sitting in one pose. "Lead the way, captain."

They all come from different worlds, and while Desmond's and Ozone's are technology-advanced, Dew only ever met steam mechanics, so team's fluff is a bit confused. XD
...I'm a cactus.
FR+11 (but odd hours)
Have an amazing day!

Voices of Chaos (hiatus)
@CactusElixir Are you going to make a pinglist for this? If yes, I'd like to be put on it.
@CactusElixir Are you going to make a pinglist for this? If yes, I'd like to be put on it.
Bat_on_a_string_sig_size.pngoIKb3Tj.png5hHSdlu.gif
@MessengerDragon
That's so nice to hear that someone likes this! :D I wasn't sure about pinglists, but I can certainly ping you for new entries! <3

[PS: I'll ping you when I add the lore - I don't think it's interesting to just look at drops, right? XD]
@MessengerDragon
That's so nice to hear that someone likes this! :D I wasn't sure about pinglists, but I can certainly ping you for new entries! <3

[PS: I'll ping you when I add the lore - I don't think it's interesting to just look at drops, right? XD]
...I'm a cactus.
FR+11 (but odd hours)
Have an amazing day!

Voices of Chaos (hiatus)
[center][size=5]Day 2[/size][/center] [center][item=Chimera Fangs] Lore-building [b]Completed[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=388544&tab=dragon&did=42097882] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/420979/42097882p.png[/img][/url] Randomly chosen dragon: Ozone Written: her profile.[/center] [i]Which is great, because she is one of the few Alchemists who still don't have lore, and I love writing their style of lore - short and random. XD[/i] ----- [item=Diseased Might Fragment][item=Labradorite][item=Peach Plumed Corsage][item=Rosaline Strangler][item=White Lipped Snail] Ozone looked up, hey eyes finding multicolored stars of this world, scattered on the sky like tiny electric sparks from the fireworks. Despite the sun moving up and down with no particular rhythm or sense in this place, night actually fell on the forest, with two bright moons showing up in sun's stead - one magenta bright, and the other half-yellow, half-red, the sky turning ominously orange around them, but surprisingly familiar dark blue away. Ozone, Dew and Desmond reached the clearing just as it was getting dark. Exhausted after forcing their way through the plants, they barely managed a weak attempt at a campfire, and now all three were gathered around the magical flame - not yet sleeping, but resting in comfortable silence. The clearing itself was a strange occurence. It was wide, covered in green grass, with usual soil underneath and a rare bush - not the slithering kind, they checked. However, the mechanisms Desmond described were everywhere: giant cylindres not unlike the "capacitor" they found, broken pipes going nowhere or just lying on the ground, torn wires, metallic platforms, none of them connected to anything or working. There were half-crumbled brick walls in places as well, and Dew found a rusted, almost turning into dust screwdriver. Now, in the darkness, silhouettes of these mysterious mechanisms were almost unnoticeable, just shadows against the sky. But dome of them did reflect the moonlight, and the tallest one - a cylinder with a transparent pipe on the top and wires sticking out of its base, - was glinting brightly, the transparent part casting colored shadow on the grass. Something moved to the Ozone's left, and the dragoness shifted, moving closer to the dozing off Tundra beside her. As they discovered, patches of the tallest grass were a home to the local reptilian fauna - big, dangerously looking iridescent blue snakes. They slithered around the grass openly, ignoring the dragons, but it didn't put anyone at ease - and neither did giant, apple-sized snails that were living on the eastern edge of the clearing. Back when they were tiredly preparing for the night, Ozone actually asked Desmond how he managed to know where the north was. The pirate apparently always had a compass on him - although he did admit that he wasn't sure if it functioned correctly in this world, but that at least it was more or less consistent. Out of three of them, the Fae seemed prepared for the survival situation the best, and Dew and Ozone silently agreed to follow his lead. Ozone glanced to the side. The Tundra actually passed out, his head laying on the paws, with the tip of his own tail acting as a pillow. There were orange feather-shaped leaves sticking out of his fur, with branches and petals and other plant signs. She probably didn't look much better - even though she didn't have fur, Ozone could feel the layer of pollen on her scales, and her armor became quite shiny and goldish instead of its usual muted ebony colour. Desmond caught her gaze from another side of the campfire and waved at her, nodding and pointing at Dew. The pirate insisted that they keep watch and he'll take the first shift. They didn't even know how long the nights were here, but Desmond promised to wake her up after the fire will go out; good perk of a magical fire is that one can actually limit its power. The fire was pirate's doing as well, actually, - Ozone wasn't very good at magic, and Dew seemed almost scared of the idea of him attempting it. Ozone nodded back at Desmond, and turned on her side, closing her wings and laying her head down on the paws, similar to Dew. The Tundra's were probably softer. Snorting, she wrapped her tail around herself, yawned, and closed her eyes. Maybe it was a dream, after all, and she'll wake home. Although she would miss her companions... and this world was intriguing. Despite the dangers, maybe it wasn't that troublesome of an adventure. ----- @MessengerDragon
Day 2
Chimera Fangs
Lore-building
Completed

42097882p.png

Randomly chosen dragon: Ozone
Written: her profile.

Which is great, because she is one of the few Alchemists who still don't have lore, and I love writing their style of lore - short and random. XD
Diseased Might Fragment Labradorite Peach Plumed Corsage Rosaline Strangler White Lipped Snail

Ozone looked up, hey eyes finding multicolored stars of this world, scattered on the sky like tiny electric sparks from the fireworks. Despite the sun moving up and down with no particular rhythm or sense in this place, night actually fell on the forest, with two bright moons showing up in sun's stead - one magenta bright, and the other half-yellow, half-red, the sky turning ominously orange around them, but surprisingly familiar dark blue away.

Ozone, Dew and Desmond reached the clearing just as it was getting dark. Exhausted after forcing their way through the plants, they barely managed a weak attempt at a campfire, and now all three were gathered around the magical flame - not yet sleeping, but resting in comfortable silence.

The clearing itself was a strange occurence. It was wide, covered in green grass, with usual soil underneath and a rare bush - not the slithering kind, they checked. However, the mechanisms Desmond described were everywhere: giant cylindres not unlike the "capacitor" they found, broken pipes going nowhere or just lying on the ground, torn wires, metallic platforms, none of them connected to anything or working. There were half-crumbled brick walls in places as well, and Dew found a rusted, almost turning into dust screwdriver.
Now, in the darkness, silhouettes of these mysterious mechanisms were almost unnoticeable, just shadows against the sky. But dome of them did reflect the moonlight, and the tallest one - a cylinder with a transparent pipe on the top and wires sticking out of its base, - was glinting brightly, the transparent part casting colored shadow on the grass.

Something moved to the Ozone's left, and the dragoness shifted, moving closer to the dozing off Tundra beside her. As they discovered, patches of the tallest grass were a home to the local reptilian fauna - big, dangerously looking iridescent blue snakes. They slithered around the grass openly, ignoring the dragons, but it didn't put anyone at ease - and neither did giant, apple-sized snails that were living on the eastern edge of the clearing.

Back when they were tiredly preparing for the night, Ozone actually asked Desmond how he managed to know where the north was. The pirate apparently always had a compass on him - although he did admit that he wasn't sure if it functioned correctly in this world, but that at least it was more or less consistent. Out of three of them, the Fae seemed prepared for the survival situation the best, and Dew and Ozone silently agreed to follow his lead.

Ozone glanced to the side. The Tundra actually passed out, his head laying on the paws, with the tip of his own tail acting as a pillow. There were orange feather-shaped leaves sticking out of his fur, with branches and petals and other plant signs. She probably didn't look much better - even though she didn't have fur, Ozone could feel the layer of pollen on her scales, and her armor became quite shiny and goldish instead of its usual muted ebony colour.

Desmond caught her gaze from another side of the campfire and waved at her, nodding and pointing at Dew. The pirate insisted that they keep watch and he'll take the first shift. They didn't even know how long the nights were here, but Desmond promised to wake her up after the fire will go out; good perk of a magical fire is that one can actually limit its power. The fire was pirate's doing as well, actually, - Ozone wasn't very good at magic, and Dew seemed almost scared of the idea of him attempting it.

Ozone nodded back at Desmond, and turned on her side, closing her wings and laying her head down on the paws, similar to Dew. The Tundra's were probably softer. Snorting, she wrapped her tail around herself, yawned, and closed her eyes. Maybe it was a dream, after all, and she'll wake home. Although she would miss her companions... and this world was intriguing. Despite the dangers, maybe it wasn't that troublesome of an adventure.
@MessengerDragon
...I'm a cactus.
FR+11 (but odd hours)
Have an amazing day!

Voices of Chaos (hiatus)
[center][size=5]Day 3[/size][/center] [center][item=Speckled Tortoise] Supply Run [b]Completed[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/woodland_border/_thumbnail.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/scorched_forest/_thumbnail.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/sandswept_delta/_thumbnail.png[/img][/center] Again? Random wants me to get a Wildclaw, I guess. XD [columns] [b]Results:[/b] Ozone: 7 -> 11 Dew: 7 -> 11 Desmond: 7 -> 11 Group level: 7 -> 11 1 defeat Energy: 1/3. [nextcol] [center]Inventory:[/center] [item=Minor health Potion]x 7 (-3 +2) [/columns] [item=Leafy Pack]x 5[item=Fishscale Basket]x 3 [item=Autumn Dryad][item=Wintermane Spearman][item=Greenroot Janustrap][item=Blooming Strangler][item=Storm Seeker][item=Grouse Basilisk][item=Natural Might Fragment][item=Hydro Bolt][item=Bolster][item=Zephyr Bolt][item=Frozen Might Fragment][item=Shining Might Fragment][item=Zephyr Might Fragment] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=388544&did=41837678][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/418377/41837678p.png[/img] [color=green]Lucius[/url] was unlocked![/color] [i]Woah, an actual unlock? This is great! ...except I don't have anyone from Lucius' category. Also, I failed at Scorched forest - a Zeeba stomped all over Dew after everyone else from both sides were defeated. Poor fluff. XD Also, the Stormseeker that is now a familiar dodged attacks almost 80% of time.[/i] ----- [item=Spade Tail][item=Gladiator's Warhorn][item=Floating Maiden][item=Darktwine Ice Pick][item=Dumpling Squid] In the morning, after a night spent in shifts between three of them, and with no further notable occurencies - both snakes and snails proved very peaceful neighbours, if one ignored slime tracks and occasional slithering over themselves, - the group decided to continue their way through the perilous field. Now, with their energy refilled and spirits high, it was easier to break through the plants - or maybe the plants just were weaker in the mornings? A sight that they encountered after finally reaching the edge was not a very welcome one. Rocky terrain, with almost no flora besides odd lichens and thorny bushes, with cracks in the ground deep enough that they couldn't see the bottom. Desmond tried to drop one of his ropes with a rock tied to it into one of the cracks, but even with its full length there was no sign of it reaching the bottom. The ground itself was darker, and the stone below their claws turned weird purple hue, with thin veins of minerals or ores sparkling in the sunlight. It looked beauriful, but bizarre, and after recent discoveries all three dragons hesitated to step on this new turf. "This looks volcanic," the captain fluttered lower, moving his claws to touch one of the big, sharp boulders standing in a cluster nearby. The moment he did it, however, a loud, clear ringing sound could be heard, as if he knocked on the glass; it echoed over the strange rocky lands before the dragons, until fading to nothing. "And that sounded decidedly not volcanic," Ozone sighed. "At this point, we probably can agree that understanding of this world comes only from practice." She took a step forward, apprehensive of the results, but nothing happened. The rocks and the sand under her lclaws felt just like any other would. Rough, coarse and scratchy. After a few brief shared moments of hesitation, they continued on their trek through this plane. Steering clear of the cracks - even though Desmond sometimes tried to look down them again, and Ozone wondered if there were any rare minerals around, - the group took on a quick pace, hoping to reach the dunes they could see far in the distance. The sailor seemed especially eager; he probably hoped that there will be water. "Did this branch just move?" Dew nervously stepped away from a tall, red plant's branch - or root, - with long, dangerous thorns. "It looks almost like the ones back in the field." "It doesn't, actually," Ozone critically narrowed her eyes at the plant, pausing to inspect it. "These are thinner, and have different outer texture." "I only see vines with thorns," the tundra shook his head, a few of the leaves falling from his mane on the grey rocks. "Just of different colour. I suppose I'm just not born to be a botanist." "I'm not a botanist as well, it's more abbout attention to deta-" A loud, low howl sounded over the land, startling the three dragons. To Ozone, it sounded almost like a fanfare. A war horn? She wasn't sure, but it reminded her of something. Evidently, so it did for her companions - Desmond perked up, while Dew hunched on himself, looking scared. "Shiver me timbers!" The fae exclaimed, flying higher to look around. "Ain't that a place of weird sounds." "Usually not a good sign to hear things like that in a place of tectonic activity," Ozone shifted her shoulders, stretching her wings. "Maybe we should all take flight, to be safe." But before any of them managed to move, the world flipped. Quite literally - it felt like the ground suddenly turned, and the very force of gravity changed as if they all were upside down. Ozone yelped as she got pulled down - or up? - and then spluttered as she dropped into cold, magenta-colored water. It felt as if she was in a river - an underground river, fast stream rushing forward, pulling her along. She could only gather her wings closer to her body, wincing as she bumped against rocks and trying in vain to see her companions. "Ozone!" she looked up to see Desmond, perched on a small ridge of rocks going along the wall of the tunnel. His small size allowed the sailor to hold on to the smallest obstacles, and consequently get himself out of the water. The fae tried to follow after Ozone by jumping from one ledge to another. "There's a lake ahead; dive!" Deciding not to question his advice, Ozone took a deep breath and dived, pressing her wings firmly to her sides and trying to not get pushed out of the water. The flow of the stream was very strong, with no chance of resisting it, so she just tried to preserve her energy by letting it carry her. Overhead, a shadow fell over the water, and then there were... flowers? The pull on her lessened abruptly, as if the stream spat her out into the lake and then fully dissolved. Having a few moments of breath left, she tried to see if it was safe to resurface; something that looked like a sea of flowers floated above her, and rays of light danced in the water - it appeared not immediately dangerous, at least. Unless the flowers were poisonous; but she didn't have time to look for a spot without them. She resurfaced, gasping for air and thanking the fact that she was a good swimmer - and a big dragon with big lungs. "There you go!" A bright orange blur of colour overhead materialized into Desmond. "Nothing's broken? Fantastic! Here's your port," the fae pointed to the side, where a sandy shore could be seen. They were in a cave, Ozone noticed, with a break in the ceiling letting in the sunlight. "Swim there, I'll get the fluff, savvy?" "Do you need help?" Ozone frowned in concern, while trying to find a steady swimming rhythm for her leg movement. "Where is he?" "Got stuck halfway; I don't think he is very good at swimming." He lifted up one clawed hand, a rope in it glowing soft blue. "I'll use my magic to pull him out; just catch us when we get here." With that, the fae quickly dashed away, leaving the guardian to slowly make her way to the shore. By the time she climbed on the sandy beach and managed to more or less make sure it wasn't about to flip on itself, Desmond returned - flying overhead Dew, clearly exhausted and struggling to swim. Resurfacing alone seemed to take all his energy, and the weight of his fur probably didn't help. The sailor flew towards Ozone, throwing her end of the rope, before returning to support the tundra. Together, they somehow guided Dew to the shore - upon touching the sand, he simply flopped on his belly and groaned. "Why is this always happening?" He winced, shuffling his paw, and Ozone grimaced as she saw that there was blood on it. "Not that it wasn't curios, how things... turned, but why?" "Sea life's rough, buddy. She's a tricky girl," Desmond chuckled and waved off Ozone before she manages to open her mouth. "River, sea, one thing in the end. How are you, mateys?" "Could've been better," the tundra sat up with a pained intake of breath. Or weirder, thought Ozone, staring at the giant squid that resurfaced from the middle of the lake. The squid stared back, blinked, and slowly descended underwater, deciding to ignore the commotion. This world was bizarre.
Day 3
Speckled Tortoise
Supply Run
Completed

_thumbnail.png_thumbnail.png_thumbnail.png

Again? Random wants me to get a Wildclaw, I guess. XD
Results:
Ozone: 7 -> 11
Dew: 7 -> 11
Desmond: 7 -> 11
Group level: 7 -> 11

1 defeat
Energy: 1/3.
Inventory:
Minor Health Potion x 7 (-3 +2)

Leafy Pack x 5 Fishscale Basket x 3
Autumn Dryad Wintermane Spearman Greenroot Janustrap Blooming Strangler Storm Seeker Grouse Basilisk Natural Might Fragment Hydro Bolt Bolster Zephyr Bolt Frozen Might Fragment Shining Might Fragment Zephyr Might Fragment

41837678p.png
Lucius
was unlocked!

Woah, an actual unlock? This is great! ...except I don't have anyone from Lucius' category. Also, I failed at Scorched forest - a Zeeba stomped all over Dew after everyone else from both sides were defeated. Poor fluff. XD
Also, the Stormseeker that is now a familiar dodged attacks almost 80% of time.

Spade Tail Gladiator's Warhorn Floating Maiden Darktwine Ice Pick Dumpling Squid

In the morning, after a night spent in shifts between three of them, and with no further notable occurencies - both snakes and snails proved very peaceful neighbours, if one ignored slime tracks and occasional slithering over themselves, - the group decided to continue their way through the perilous field. Now, with their energy refilled and spirits high, it was easier to break through the plants - or maybe the plants just were weaker in the mornings?

A sight that they encountered after finally reaching the edge was not a very welcome one. Rocky terrain, with almost no flora besides odd lichens and thorny bushes, with cracks in the ground deep enough that they couldn't see the bottom. Desmond tried to drop one of his ropes with a rock tied to it into one of the cracks, but even with its full length there was no sign of it reaching the bottom.

The ground itself was darker, and the stone below their claws turned weird purple hue, with thin veins of minerals or ores sparkling in the sunlight. It looked beauriful, but bizarre, and after recent discoveries all three dragons hesitated to step on this new turf.

"This looks volcanic," the captain fluttered lower, moving his claws to touch one of the big, sharp boulders standing in a cluster nearby. The moment he did it, however, a loud, clear ringing sound could be heard, as if he knocked on the glass; it echoed over the strange rocky lands before the dragons, until fading to nothing.

"And that sounded decidedly not volcanic," Ozone sighed. "At this point, we probably can agree that understanding of this world comes only from practice." She took a step forward, apprehensive of the results, but nothing happened. The rocks and the sand under her lclaws felt just like any other would. Rough, coarse and scratchy.

After a few brief shared moments of hesitation, they continued on their trek through this plane. Steering clear of the cracks - even though Desmond sometimes tried to look down them again, and Ozone wondered if there were any rare minerals around, - the group took on a quick pace, hoping to reach the dunes they could see far in the distance. The sailor seemed especially eager; he probably hoped that there will be water.

"Did this branch just move?" Dew nervously stepped away from a tall, red plant's branch - or root, - with long, dangerous thorns. "It looks almost like the ones back in the field."
"It doesn't, actually," Ozone critically narrowed her eyes at the plant, pausing to inspect it. "These are thinner, and have different outer texture."
"I only see vines with thorns," the tundra shook his head, a few of the leaves falling from his mane on the grey rocks. "Just of different colour. I suppose I'm just not born to be a botanist."
"I'm not a botanist as well, it's more abbout attention to deta-"

A loud, low howl sounded over the land, startling the three dragons. To Ozone, it sounded almost like a fanfare. A war horn? She wasn't sure, but it reminded her of something. Evidently, so it did for her companions - Desmond perked up, while Dew hunched on himself, looking scared.
"Shiver me timbers!" The fae exclaimed, flying higher to look around. "Ain't that a place of weird sounds."
"Usually not a good sign to hear things like that in a place of tectonic activity," Ozone shifted her shoulders, stretching her wings. "Maybe we should all take flight, to be safe."

But before any of them managed to move, the world flipped. Quite literally - it felt like the ground suddenly turned, and the very force of gravity changed as if they all were upside down. Ozone yelped as she got pulled down - or up? - and then spluttered as she dropped into cold, magenta-colored water.

It felt as if she was in a river - an underground river, fast stream rushing forward, pulling her along. She could only gather her wings closer to her body, wincing as she bumped against rocks and trying in vain to see her companions.

"Ozone!" she looked up to see Desmond, perched on a small ridge of rocks going along the wall of the tunnel. His small size allowed the sailor to hold on to the smallest obstacles, and consequently get himself out of the water. The fae tried to follow after Ozone by jumping from one ledge to another. "There's a lake ahead; dive!"

Deciding not to question his advice, Ozone took a deep breath and dived, pressing her wings firmly to her sides and trying to not get pushed out of the water. The flow of the stream was very strong, with no chance of resisting it, so she just tried to preserve her energy by letting it carry her. Overhead, a shadow fell over the water, and then there were... flowers?

The pull on her lessened abruptly, as if the stream spat her out into the lake and then fully dissolved. Having a few moments of breath left, she tried to see if it was safe to resurface; something that looked like a sea of flowers floated above her, and rays of light danced in the water - it appeared not immediately dangerous, at least. Unless the flowers were poisonous; but she didn't have time to look for a spot without them.

She resurfaced, gasping for air and thanking the fact that she was a good swimmer - and a big dragon with big lungs.
"There you go!" A bright orange blur of colour overhead materialized into Desmond. "Nothing's broken? Fantastic! Here's your port," the fae pointed to the side, where a sandy shore could be seen. They were in a cave, Ozone noticed, with a break in the ceiling letting in the sunlight. "Swim there, I'll get the fluff, savvy?"

"Do you need help?" Ozone frowned in concern, while trying to find a steady swimming rhythm for her leg movement. "Where is he?"
"Got stuck halfway; I don't think he is very good at swimming." He lifted up one clawed hand, a rope in it glowing soft blue. "I'll use my magic to pull him out; just catch us when we get here." With that, the fae quickly dashed away, leaving the guardian to slowly make her way to the shore.

By the time she climbed on the sandy beach and managed to more or less make sure it wasn't about to flip on itself, Desmond returned - flying overhead Dew, clearly exhausted and struggling to swim. Resurfacing alone seemed to take all his energy, and the weight of his fur probably didn't help. The sailor flew towards Ozone, throwing her end of the rope, before returning to support the tundra.

Together, they somehow guided Dew to the shore - upon touching the sand, he simply flopped on his belly and groaned. "Why is this always happening?" He winced, shuffling his paw, and Ozone grimaced as she saw that there was blood on it. "Not that it wasn't curios, how things... turned, but why?"
"Sea life's rough, buddy. She's a tricky girl," Desmond chuckled and waved off Ozone before she manages to open her mouth. "River, sea, one thing in the end. How are you, mateys?"
"Could've been better," the tundra sat up with a pained intake of breath.

Or weirder, thought Ozone, staring at the giant squid that resurfaced from the middle of the lake. The squid stared back, blinked, and slowly descended underwater, deciding to ignore the commotion. This world was bizarre.

...I'm a cactus.
FR+11 (but odd hours)
Have an amazing day!

Voices of Chaos (hiatus)
[center][size=5]Day 4[/size][/center] [center][item=White Cabbage Butterfly] Supply Run [b]Completed[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/sandswept_delta/_thumbnail.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/blooming_grove/_thumbnail.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/forgotten_cave/_thumbnail.png[/img][/center] Finally, the type of food I actually use. [columns] [b]Results:[/b] Ozone: 11 -> 14 Dew: 11 -> 14 Desmond: 11 -> 14 Group level: 11 -> 14 0 defeats Energy: 1/3. [nextcol] [center]Inventory:[/center] [item=Minor health Potion]x 10 (+3)[item=Health Potion]x 2 (+2) [/columns] [item=Treasured Planter]x 5[item=Fishscale Basket][item=Venomtooth Pilco]x 2 [item=Frozen Might Fragment][item=Enfeeble][item=Envenom] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=388544&tab=dragon&did=36401726][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/364018/36401726p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=388544&tab=dragon&did=41837762][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/418378/41837762p.png[/img][/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=388544&tab=dragon&did=46493821][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/464939/46493821p.png[/img][/url][/columns] Alkahest was unlocked! Albus was unlocked! Ivy was unlocked! [i]...and here I thought Alkahest will be the first one. Well, second place works too. XD[/i] ----- [item=White Queen][item=Tengu][item=Ivory Scale Cuirass][item=Earthen Might Fragment][item=Gaseous Megashrimp] (These items, haha. I love the shrimps "o_o" expression.) Getting away from the underground wasn't hard, once they caught their breath and administered some first aid to Dew. The chasm in the ceiling was wide enough that the dragons could fly out - Ozone had to squeeze through with a deep breath and a few broken off stone fragments, but she managed. The squid from the lake flapped its tentacles at the falling debris. Ouside, the land looked completely different from the place they dropped into the river. There were splashes of colour everywhere - bright, overly saturated, almost unnaturally looking flowers, painted half-crumbled walls, torn ribbons on the trees. It looked like a ruined festival groundl. In the distance, a tall white tower was visible, its top hiding in the clouds. Dew, happy to be above ground - and dry ground, no less, - looked around with a happy expression, and then shook his body to get rid of the water, sending droplets everywhere. Desmond huffed in indignation and quickly flew away, while Ozone just covered herself with one wing. Her armor and scales both were quick to dry off, unlike her companion's clothing or the tundra's fur. "This place looks almost cheerful," Desmond looked around with suspicion clear in the narrowing of his eyes. "And like a sign of some inhabitants, aye?" "We already saw the batteries, in about the same state of disrepair," the guardian took a few steps to look closer at long silk ribbon draped around a marble column. It looked normal, like any fabric from her own world, but the dragoness hesitated to touch it regardless. "Maybe the same civilization made both." A small swarm of bright butterflies flew past them, scattering to flow between the damaged walls. A cool wind picked up, pleasantly flowing over Ozone's scale. Dew shivered. "Where are we going now?" "How about the tower?" Desmond shrugged. "Unless the land decides to flip on us again, it should be a fine waypoint." "I agree," Ozone turned back to where the fae and the tundra were staying, one watching the flowers and the other drying his fur. "If we reach it, we might be able to look over the region; it seems high." "Not really structurally sound high, probably, but hey! I won't turn down a good crow's nest," Desmond fluttered higher over Dew's head, then paused, noticing something in the grass. "Do ya all think shrimps are dangerous here?" "Let's not test it," Dew shivered and jumped to his feet. "Lead the way, captain!"
Day 4
White Cabbage Butterfly
Supply Run
Completed

_thumbnail.png_thumbnail.png_thumbnail.png

Finally, the type of food I actually use.
Results:
Ozone: 11 -> 14
Dew: 11 -> 14
Desmond: 11 -> 14
Group level: 11 -> 14

0 defeats
Energy: 1/3.
Inventory:
Minor Health Potion x 10 (+3) Health Potion x 2 (+2)

Treasured Planter x 5 Fishscale Basket Venomtooth Pilco x 2
Frozen Might Fragment Enfeeble Envenom
36401726p.png41837762p.png46493821p.png
Alkahest was unlocked!
Albus was unlocked!
Ivy was unlocked!

...and here I thought Alkahest will be the first one. Well, second place works too. XD
White Queen Tengu Ivory Scale Cuirass Earthen Might Fragment Gaseous Megashrimp
(These items, haha. I love the shrimps "o_o" expression.)

Getting away from the underground wasn't hard, once they caught their breath and administered some first aid to Dew. The chasm in the ceiling was wide enough that the dragons could fly out - Ozone had to squeeze through with a deep breath and a few broken off stone fragments, but she managed. The squid from the lake flapped its tentacles at the falling debris.

Ouside, the land looked completely different from the place they dropped into the river. There were splashes of colour everywhere - bright, overly saturated, almost unnaturally looking flowers, painted half-crumbled walls, torn ribbons on the trees. It looked like a ruined festival groundl. In the distance, a tall white tower was visible, its top hiding in the clouds.

Dew, happy to be above ground - and dry ground, no less, - looked around with a happy expression, and then shook his body to get rid of the water, sending droplets everywhere. Desmond huffed in indignation and quickly flew away, while Ozone just covered herself with one wing. Her armor and scales both were quick to dry off, unlike her companion's clothing or the tundra's fur.

"This place looks almost cheerful," Desmond looked around with suspicion clear in the narrowing of his eyes. "And like a sign of some inhabitants, aye?"
"We already saw the batteries, in about the same state of disrepair," the guardian took a few steps to look closer at long silk ribbon draped around a marble column. It looked normal, like any fabric from her own world, but the dragoness hesitated to touch it regardless. "Maybe the same civilization made both."

A small swarm of bright butterflies flew past them, scattering to flow between the damaged walls. A cool wind picked up, pleasantly flowing over Ozone's scale. Dew shivered. "Where are we going now?"
"How about the tower?" Desmond shrugged. "Unless the land decides to flip on us again, it should be a fine waypoint."
"I agree," Ozone turned back to where the fae and the tundra were staying, one watching the flowers and the other drying his fur. "If we reach it, we might be able to look over the region; it seems high."
"Not really structurally sound high, probably, but hey! I won't turn down a good crow's nest," Desmond fluttered higher over Dew's head, then paused, noticing something in the grass. "Do ya all think shrimps are dangerous here?"
"Let's not test it," Dew shivered and jumped to his feet. "Lead the way, captain!"
...I'm a cactus.
FR+11 (but odd hours)
Have an amazing day!

Voices of Chaos (hiatus)
[center][size=5]Day 5[/size][/center] [center][item=Lump of Clay] Lore-building [b]Completed[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=388544&tab=dragon&did=41906756] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/419068/41906756p.png[/img][/url] Randomly chosen dragon: Dew Written: first part of his bio.[/center] [i]Trying to indent paragraphs was interesting.[/i] -----
Day 5
Lump of Clay
Lore-building
Completed

41906756p.png

Randomly chosen dragon: Dew
Written: first part of his bio.

Trying to indent paragraphs was interesting.
...I'm a cactus.
FR+11 (but odd hours)
Have an amazing day!

Voices of Chaos (hiatus)
[center][size=5]Day 6[/size][/center] [center][item=Longneck Winter Gear] It's Magic! [b]Completed[/b] Randomly picked venue: [img]http://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/kelp_beds/_thumbnail.png[/img] Lvl 25: higher than group level. [i]Well, someone is getting eliminated today.[/i] 5 attempts at the venue failed. [i](In the last one they were defeated in an epic battle with Mantarune. XD)[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/bamboo_waterfall/_thumbnail.png[/img][img]http://flightrising.com/content/battle/images/venues/thunderhead_savanna/_thumbnail.png[/img][/center] (Bamboo Falls is no longer level 14th venue, but I started from it by mistake, as it was still titled level 13-14.) [columns] [b]Results:[/b] Ozone: 14 Dew: 14 Desmond: 14 Group level: 14 1 defeat Energy: 0/3. [nextcol] [center]Inventory:[/center] [item=Minor health Potion]x 10 [item=Health Potion]x 2 [/columns] [item=Pelt-Lined Crate] [color=red][b]Eliminated:[/b][/color] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=388544&tab=dragon&did=41857850][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/418579/41857850p.png[/img] Desmond[/url]
Day 6
Longneck Winter Gear
It's Magic!
Completed

Randomly picked venue:
_thumbnail.png
Lvl 25: higher than group level.

Well, someone is getting eliminated today.

5 attempts at the venue failed.
(In the last one they were defeated in an epic battle with Mantarune. XD)

_thumbnail.png_thumbnail.png
(Bamboo Falls is no longer level 14th venue, but I started from it by mistake, as it was still titled level 13-14.)
Results:
Ozone: 14
Dew: 14
Desmond: 14
Group level: 14

1 defeat
Energy: 0/3.
Inventory:
Minor Health Potion x 10 Health Potion x 2

Pelt-Lined Crate

Eliminated:
41857850p.png