Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] Cooking Contest (winners!)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[quote]Do you have a favorite mealtime? Any particular reason?[/quote] It's not necessarily a [i]favorite[/i] time of the day, but I end up making a bigger meal after I get home! While it's not great to have a full stomach in the evening, I often eat less during the day not to get sleepy. After dining, I try to get some leisure time and finally sleep ^-^ As for favorite meals, when I get up late I enjoy having brunch :D I like breakfast food, but can't ever eat too much when I get up.
Quote:
Do you have a favorite mealtime? Any particular reason?

It's not necessarily a favorite time of the day, but I end up making a bigger meal after I get home! While it's not great to have a full stomach in the evening, I often eat less during the day not to get sleepy. After dining, I try to get some leisure time and finally sleep ^-^

As for favorite meals, when I get up late I enjoy having brunch :D I like breakfast food, but can't ever eat too much when I get up.
7irhbB2.png
[color=green][b]Username:[/b] Rhea [b]Entry Title:[/b] Chocolate banana nut smoothie [b]Category:[/b] Fruit [b]Ingredient Feature:[/b] (1 serving) 1 frozen banana 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk 1 tablespoon almond butter (optional) sprinkling of nuts of your choice Place ingredients in a blender and blend. A simple recipe to start off the day, this smoothie pairs the sweet fruity flavor of the banana with the complementary sweet of the chocolate and robust nuttiness of the almonds. How do foodie bloggers manage to make smoothies and other blended items look so good? [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/387009082885668866/517716732907880448/image0.jpg[/img]
Username: Rhea

Entry Title: Chocolate banana nut smoothie

Category: Fruit

Ingredient Feature: (1 serving)

1 frozen banana
1/2 cup chocolate almond milk
1 tablespoon almond butter
(optional) sprinkling of nuts of your choice

Place ingredients in a blender and blend.

A simple recipe to start off the day, this smoothie pairs the sweet fruity flavor of the banana with the complementary sweet of the chocolate and robust nuttiness of the almonds.

How do foodie bloggers manage to make smoothies and other blended items look so good?

image0.jpg
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
@Rhea Small packets of matcha sound so convenient! Thank you for your fruity entry :)
@Rhea Small packets of matcha sound so convenient! Thank you for your fruity entry :)
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
[quote][b]Thursday’s Prompt[/b] Are there any foods that you absolutely would never eat? [/quote] Hm, I really don't like internal organs (intestines, liver, heart, brain, etc.), so if possible, I'd rather not eat those. Also, I see sometimes that worms / arachnids / insects etc. are prepared as food, and I'd very much prefer not to eat any sort of bug.
Quote:
Thursday’s Prompt

Are there any foods that you absolutely would never eat?

Hm, I really don't like internal organs (intestines, liver, heart, brain, etc.), so if possible, I'd rather not eat those. Also, I see sometimes that worms / arachnids / insects etc. are prepared as food, and I'd very much prefer not to eat any sort of bug.
[quote]Are there any foods that you absolutely would never eat?[/quote] "Anything that seems disgusting" is a very generic answer, as it depends on the person's culture and food habits, but I'd take a while to list all the things I find strange! Honestly, I could probably say something like "I wouldn't eat an animal's eyes or brain" but in reality, if someone presented me a beautiful dish that looked good and smelled good, I might taste it. If it also tasted good, I'd probably eat it. The only catch is that if they didn't tell me the ingredients beforehand, I don't think I'd ask after eating, just in case... (An ex-teacher of mine once told us a story about another (adult) student of hers who was on vacation in a foreign country and was offered a tasty dish. The student happily ate the dish, then asked the host what was it made of. The host replied that it was made of small newborn rats. The student felt sick immediately, so... yeah, if the food has been already eaten, better not ask afterward. ^-^; )
Quote:
Are there any foods that you absolutely would never eat?

"Anything that seems disgusting" is a very generic answer, as it depends on the person's culture and food habits, but I'd take a while to list all the things I find strange!

Honestly, I could probably say something like "I wouldn't eat an animal's eyes or brain" but in reality, if someone presented me a beautiful dish that looked good and smelled good, I might taste it. If it also tasted good, I'd probably eat it. The only catch is that if they didn't tell me the ingredients beforehand, I don't think I'd ask after eating, just in case...

(An ex-teacher of mine once told us a story about another (adult) student of hers who was on vacation in a foreign country and was offered a tasty dish. The student happily ate the dish, then asked the host what was it made of. The host replied that it was made of small newborn rats. The student felt sick immediately, so... yeah, if the food has been already eaten, better not ask afterward. ^-^; )
7irhbB2.png
@sublimevoide Heya! So sorry to bug you, but I was wondering if you'll have time to finish adding the photos for your cranberry fluff entry. :) Giving a little nudge before the last day tomorrow in case you need to grab ingredients!
@sublimevoide Heya! So sorry to bug you, but I was wondering if you'll have time to finish adding the photos for your cranberry fluff entry. :) Giving a little nudge before the last day tomorrow in case you need to grab ingredients!
[quote]Do you snack between mealtimes? Is there anything that you would like as a snack?[/quote] Usually yes! My choice will depend on what's readily available, could be a granola/cereal bar, a small sandwich, a fruit... as long as something easy to carry ^^ I have to watch out not to end up with [url=http://i.imgur.com/ecohvra.jpg]this problem[/url], though xD
Quote:
Do you snack between mealtimes? Is there anything that you would like as a snack?

Usually yes! My choice will depend on what's readily available, could be a granola/cereal bar, a small sandwich, a fruit... as long as something easy to carry ^^

I have to watch out not to end up with this problem, though xD
7irhbB2.png
[b]Username:[/b] MarinaQuakenbush [b]Entry Title:[/b] French Flowering Apple Tart [b]Category:[/b] Something's Afruit [b]Ingredient Feature:[/b] This recipe I feel uses apples in a charming way where not only do you get the apple cinnamon flavor and light not too sweet tart base, but it showcases the apples' natural shape in a beautiful way. [img]https://i.imgur.com/DYXXh2J.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/aXO8M3K.jpg[/img] Tart Crust 1 1/2 cups flour 1/4 cup granulated sugar 2 tsp baking powder 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled 1 large egg, chilled 1/3 cup heavy cream, chilled Apple Filling 1 lb granny smith apples 1/4 cup granulated sugar 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter 1. Preheat oven to 375?F and butter a 9" springform pan. Sift together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt. Dice the chilled butter and cut it into the flour for 1-2 mins or until the butter crumbles are pea-sized. 2. In a bowl, beat 1 egg with a fork. Add 1/3 cup cream and stir until blended then drizzle over flour mixture and gently fold until it just comes together (don't overmix!). Transfer dough to prepared springform pan and spread out evenly. 3. Mix the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Core and thinly slice apples to 1/16 inch thick, then transfer to a bowl. Add the cinnamon sugar mixture and combine. 4. Arrange apple slices in rings with thickest/largest slices at the outer edge and go towards the center, overlapping apples to create the petal effect. When close to the very center, roll the thinnest strips up tightly to make a rosebud and then place in center. Dice the 1/2 Tbsp butter and dot it in the top of the tart. 5. Place pan on a baking sheet to catch any possible extraneous juices and bake for 30 mins. Enjoy! P.S. I forgot to take photos yesterday and I needed the tart for a meeting this morning so I took it at 6AM and forgot to add 'RBC 2018.' That's also why the springform pan sides aren't removed.
Username: MarinaQuakenbush
Entry Title: French Flowering Apple Tart
Category: Something's Afruit

Ingredient Feature: This recipe I feel uses apples in a charming way where not only do you get the apple cinnamon flavor and light not too sweet tart base, but it showcases the apples' natural shape in a beautiful way.

DYXXh2J.jpg

aXO8M3K.jpg

Tart Crust
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup granulated sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled
1 large egg, chilled
1/3 cup heavy cream, chilled

Apple Filling
1 lb granny smith apples
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 Tbsp unsalted butter

1. Preheat oven to 375?F and butter a 9" springform pan. Sift together flour, 1/4 cup sugar, baking powder, salt. Dice the chilled butter and cut it into the flour for 1-2 mins or until the butter crumbles are pea-sized.

2. In a bowl, beat 1 egg with a fork. Add 1/3 cup cream and stir until blended then drizzle over flour mixture and gently fold until it just comes together (don't overmix!). Transfer dough to prepared springform pan and spread out evenly.

3. Mix the 1/4 cup sugar and cinnamon. Core and thinly slice apples to 1/16 inch thick, then transfer to a bowl. Add the cinnamon sugar mixture and combine.

4. Arrange apple slices in rings with thickest/largest slices at the outer edge and go towards the center, overlapping apples to create the petal effect. When close to the very center, roll the thinnest strips up tightly to make a rosebud and then place in center. Dice the 1/2 Tbsp butter and dot it in the top of the tart.

5. Place pan on a baking sheet to catch any possible extraneous juices and bake for 30 mins. Enjoy!

P.S. I forgot to take photos yesterday and I needed the tart for a meeting this morning so I took it at 6AM and forgot to add 'RBC 2018.' That's also why the springform pan sides aren't removed.
'blue smedium banner
@MarinaQuakenbush Your entry is beautiful, it certainly looks like it's flowering! Since it was an accident to leave out RBC 2018, I'll accept the photos that you presented as good enough. :)
@MarinaQuakenbush Your entry is beautiful, it certainly looks like it's flowering! Since it was an accident to leave out RBC 2018, I'll accept the photos that you presented as good enough. :)
@Sylvandyr

Added in the photo!
@Sylvandyr

Added in the photo!
KihBt9M.png
aaaa Ashton
He/It
Virgo
FRT + 3
aaaaa
aaaaa