Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] Cooking Contest (winners!)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
@ryttu3k Thank you for entering! ("Mmm, carbs", indeeed.)
@ryttu3k Thank you for entering! ("Mmm, carbs", indeeed.)
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
[color=green][b]Username:[/b] Rhea [b]Entry Title:[/b] Pork and vegetable medley with rice [b]Category:[/b] Rice [b]Ingredient Feature:[/b] (4 servings) Rice 4 pork chops 1 cucumber, 1 chayote squash 2 sticks celery 2-3 bell peppers (your choice of color) 8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced Butter Salt and pepper to taste Place 4 serving's worth of rice into your rice pot. Wash it 2-3 times with cool water, swirling the rice in the pot and draining off the water with each wash. Add the final amount of water and place the pot into your rice cooker to cook. Cut the chayote squash into thin slices. Cut the other vegetables approximately into batonnets. Fry the pork chops with butter, salt, and pepper in a large wok or similar cooking container. Remove the pork chops and add the vegetables to the wok. Cook until desired softness. Place rice into bowl. Place pork chop on top of rice. Place vegetables, and some of the juice/sauce from the pan, on top of the pork chop. Eat. The rice is the body of the dish and serves to marry the pork and vegetables together, soaking in the shared juices of each dish to bring the flavors together. The image below doesn't follow my exact instructions, as I wanted to show each of the ingredients in my recipe. It's an unusual recipe (I've never cooked cucumber before) but a family member served it for Thanksgiving and I wanted to try making it myself. [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/387009082885668866/517157413560778767/image0.jpg[/img]
Username: Rhea

Entry Title: Pork and vegetable medley with rice

Category: Rice

Ingredient Feature: (4 servings)

Rice
4 pork chops
1 cucumber,
1 chayote squash
2 sticks celery
2-3 bell peppers (your choice of color)
8 oz baby bella mushrooms, sliced
Butter
Salt and pepper to taste

Place 4 serving's worth of rice into your rice pot. Wash it 2-3 times with cool water, swirling the rice in the pot and draining off the water with each wash. Add the final amount of water and place the pot into your rice cooker to cook.

Cut the chayote squash into thin slices.

Cut the other vegetables approximately into batonnets.

Fry the pork chops with butter, salt, and pepper in a large wok or similar cooking container.

Remove the pork chops and add the vegetables to the wok. Cook until desired softness.

Place rice into bowl. Place pork chop on top of rice. Place vegetables, and some of the juice/sauce from the pan, on top of the pork chop. Eat.

The rice is the body of the dish and serves to marry the pork and vegetables together, soaking in the shared juices of each dish to bring the flavors together.

The image below doesn't follow my exact instructions, as I wanted to show each of the ingredients in my recipe. It's an unusual recipe (I've never cooked cucumber before) but a family member served it for Thanksgiving and I wanted to try making it myself.

image0.jpg
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
[quote]Do you prefer to be slightly too hungry or slightly too full?[/quote] Slightly too hungry! Mostly because being slightly too full tends to make me sleepy, and I'm already a sleepy person ^-^; Also I end up being slightly too hungry pretty often, since I postpone eating until I finish whatever task I'm working on (or get more of it done)... heh.
Quote:
Do you prefer to be slightly too hungry or slightly too full?

Slightly too hungry! Mostly because being slightly too full tends to make me sleepy, and I'm already a sleepy person ^-^; Also I end up being slightly too hungry pretty often, since I postpone eating until I finish whatever task I'm working on (or get more of it done)... heh.
7irhbB2.png
@Rhea Yay, thanks for entering! That looks tasty :)
@Rhea Yay, thanks for entering! That looks tasty :)
thenk

@Sylvandyr I'll be doing a smoothie tomorrow morning that fits both the fruit and the tea categories; can I enter it into both, or just one? Sorry if this has been stated somewhere, I couldn't find it.
thenk

@Sylvandyr I'll be doing a smoothie tomorrow morning that fits both the fruit and the tea categories; can I enter it into both, or just one? Sorry if this has been stated somewhere, I couldn't find it.
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
@Rhea Ooh, a smoothie sounds awesome. Please pick one category. :) Thanks for asking!
@Rhea Ooh, a smoothie sounds awesome. Please pick one category. :) Thanks for asking!
[color=green][b]Username:[/b] Rhea [b]Entry Title:[/b] Matcha green tea smoothie [b]Category:[/b] Tea [b]Ingredient Feature:[/b] (2 servings) 1 banana (frozen if desired) 1/2 cup frozen mango 1 handful green baby spinach 3/4 cup coconut milk 2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder Place ingredients in a blender and blend. A great, healthy way to start off your day, this recipe strongly features the flavors and, er, aesthetic of the matcha green tea. It's sure to perk you up! If you're more mild when it comes to flavors, 1 tablespoon of matcha green tea powder will do. Not terribly photogenic, unfortunately... [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/387009082885668866/517352195532783637/image0.jpg[/img]
Username: Rhea

Entry Title: Matcha green tea smoothie

Category: Tea

Ingredient Feature: (2 servings)

1 banana (frozen if desired)
1/2 cup frozen mango
1 handful green baby spinach
3/4 cup coconut milk
2 tablespoons matcha green tea powder

Place ingredients in a blender and blend.

A great, healthy way to start off your day, this recipe strongly features the flavors and, er, aesthetic of the matcha green tea. It's sure to perk you up!

If you're more mild when it comes to flavors, 1 tablespoon of matcha green tea powder will do. Not terribly photogenic, unfortunately...

image0.jpg
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
@Rhea Ooh, those ingredients sound refreshing! Do you order your matcha online / pick it up at a store / something else?
@Rhea Ooh, those ingredients sound refreshing! Do you order your matcha online / pick it up at a store / something else?
[quote][b]Wednesday's Prompt[/b] Do you have a favorite mealtime? Any particular reason?[/quote] Hm... possibly lunch. I don't eat the recommended breakfast since I wake up somewhat late (8-9 AM), and I feel like lunch gets me going. I tend to eat lunch early, though, around 11 AM. I like mealtimes in general! If there's something nice to savor, a meal helps me unwind.
Quote:
Wednesday's Prompt

Do you have a favorite mealtime? Any particular reason?

Hm... possibly lunch. I don't eat the recommended breakfast since I wake up somewhat late (8-9 AM), and I feel like lunch gets me going. I tend to eat lunch early, though, around 11 AM.

I like mealtimes in general! If there's something nice to savor, a meal helps me unwind.
@Sylvandyr I just grabbed some from a grocer's, handily it came in small packets so I can open 1-2 as needed and the rest stays fresh and sealed.

Another smoothie for tomorrow's breakfast and my final fruity entry.
@Sylvandyr I just grabbed some from a grocer's, handily it came in small packets so I can open 1-2 as needed and the rest stays fresh and sealed.

Another smoothie for tomorrow's breakfast and my final fruity entry.
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12