Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] Cooking Contest (winners!)
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12
Ohhh shoot, I'd forgotten about this. Guess I'd better go shopping for ingredients today ^^;
Ohhh shoot, I'd forgotten about this. Guess I'd better go shopping for ingredients today ^^;
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
[quote]Do you prefer hot or cold food, or perhaps a mixture of both?[/quote] Most of what I eat is meant to be hot! I'll probably be getting more ice cream now that summer is coming, but otherwise... not much is cold. I don't usually mind if the "hot" food isn't actually hot, though. Unless it's something like soup, I'm not one to fuss over the food being "cold" (room temperature), or drinks not being cold enough, or the ice being half-melted when I'm served a drink with a glass, etc. To be honest, I prefer if the food is never [i]too[/i] hot, or else I can't taste it properly!
Quote:
Do you prefer hot or cold food, or perhaps a mixture of both?

Most of what I eat is meant to be hot! I'll probably be getting more ice cream now that summer is coming, but otherwise... not much is cold. I don't usually mind if the "hot" food isn't actually hot, though. Unless it's something like soup, I'm not one to fuss over the food being "cold" (room temperature), or drinks not being cold enough, or the ice being half-melted when I'm served a drink with a glass, etc. To be honest, I prefer if the food is never too hot, or else I can't taste it properly!
7irhbB2.png
I thought this was an interesting topic, but didn't get a chance to answer it on Friday: [quote]What do you think of water as a beverage?[/quote] I do consider water a beverage! I try to have water with me at all times and drink it regularly throughout the day. I've started bringing a water bottle with me most places when I leave home, and have a reusable cup/bottle at work that I sip on throughout the the day. I actually get quite thirsty if I have to go without for too long! Often if I go out to eat I'll order something else like soda or iced tea, but sometimes if I want to save money or feel like I've had too much sugar already for a while I'll just stick to water ;)
I thought this was an interesting topic, but didn't get a chance to answer it on Friday:
Quote:
What do you think of water as a beverage?

I do consider water a beverage! I try to have water with me at all times and drink it regularly throughout the day. I've started bringing a water bottle with me most places when I leave home, and have a reusable cup/bottle at work that I sip on throughout the the day. I actually get quite thirsty if I have to go without for too long!

Often if I go out to eat I'll order something else like soda or iced tea, but sometimes if I want to save money or feel like I've had too much sugar already for a while I'll just stick to water ;)
earthshieldr.png
How do you get your meals? Do you cook, eat out, or something else?
Breakfasts - usually just a gluten-free bagel or toast because I'm in a hurry before work. Occasionally on the weekend I will cook a proper breakfast.
Lunches - I always pack a lunch, but since I have access to a kitchen at work I can easily heat my food or cook up a pre-packaged soup mix.
Dinners - I live with my parents, and my mom does most of the cooking, since she isn't at work all day. I cook occasionally (mostly when I have some time off), but I'm not very great in the kitchen.

Do you favor any food group (meats, veggies, grains, dairy, etc.)? If you do, is there a special reason, or do you just so happen to like certain foods?
I like most meats, especially chicken. Certain vegetables I really like, but unfortunately I'm not very fond of many healthy vegetables. I don't eat any dairy or gluten, and strongly limit other high-carbohydrate foods like rice and potatoes.

Do you have a favorite tea (or other beverage)? Any particular varieties?
I drink a lot of mint tea, because it tastes great without needing to add anything to it. If I am at home or have access to honey, then I enjoy apple cinnamon herbal tea. I used to drink black tea with cream or milk, but I can't have dairy anymore, and I haven't gotten used to drinking it black.

Are there any foods that you used to like but no longer do, or perhaps foods that you didn't use to eat that you've now developed a taste for?
I grew up with a lot of home baking, that I can no longer eat because of a gluten intolerance - luckily I've discovered that after avoiding them for a couple of years, I don't enjoy the taste anymore! I've also cut back on sugar in the last few years, and many of the foods that I used to enjoy I now find too sweet.
I used to dislike the taste of coconut. After being off dairy for a couple of years, I have gotten pretty used to it (many dairy substitutes are coconut based). Coconut is still not my favorite flavour, but I don't object to it anymore.

Water is my normal drink. I still don't drink enough of it (I easily get dehydrated, especially in the summer), but I always carry a water bottle with me. Sometimes in the cold weather I make tea instead, but I never drink sugary beverages like pop, and very rarely have fruit juice.

I would say that most of the time I prefer hot food, but sometimes a cold snack is so refreshing!
Breakfasts - usually just a gluten-free bagel or toast because I'm in a hurry before work. Occasionally on the weekend I will cook a proper breakfast.
Lunches - I always pack a lunch, but since I have access to a kitchen at work I can easily heat my food or cook up a pre-packaged soup mix.
Dinners - I live with my parents, and my mom does most of the cooking, since she isn't at work all day. I cook occasionally (mostly when I have some time off), but I'm not very great in the kitchen.

Do you favor any food group (meats, veggies, grains, dairy, etc.)? If you do, is there a special reason, or do you just so happen to like certain foods?
I like most meats, especially chicken. Certain vegetables I really like, but unfortunately I'm not very fond of many healthy vegetables. I don't eat any dairy or gluten, and strongly limit other high-carbohydrate foods like rice and potatoes.

I drink a lot of mint tea, because it tastes great without needing to add anything to it. If I am at home or have access to honey, then I enjoy apple cinnamon herbal tea. I used to drink black tea with cream or milk, but I can't have dairy anymore, and I haven't gotten used to drinking it black.

Are there any foods that you used to like but no longer do, or perhaps foods that you didn't use to eat that you've now developed a taste for?
I grew up with a lot of home baking, that I can no longer eat because of a gluten intolerance - luckily I've discovered that after avoiding them for a couple of years, I don't enjoy the taste anymore! I've also cut back on sugar in the last few years, and many of the foods that I used to enjoy I now find too sweet.
I used to dislike the taste of coconut. After being off dairy for a couple of years, I have gotten pretty used to it (many dairy substitutes are coconut based). Coconut is still not my favorite flavour, but I don't object to it anymore.

Water is my normal drink. I still don't drink enough of it (I easily get dehydrated, especially in the summer), but I always carry a water bottle with me. Sometimes in the cold weather I make tea instead, but I never drink sugary beverages like pop, and very rarely have fruit juice.

I would say that most of the time I prefer hot food, but sometimes a cold snack is so refreshing!
w8o0xW1.pngspringcleanrafflebutton.png
Hmmm, I might just try my hand at this! One question; if we were to make some sort of homemade candy, would that count as a dish? (I'm getting ideas for one of the prompts.)
Hmmm, I might just try my hand at this! One question; if we were to make some sort of homemade candy, would that count as a dish? (I'm getting ideas for one of the prompts.)
5C5FJH0.gif

Fuzzy
He/him
FR+3

AAaAaaaaaaaAAAAAAaaaaaAAAAAaaaaaaaaA
@FuzzyBelly Yup! As long as you use one of the required ingredients, the candy will count as a dish :)
@FuzzyBelly Yup! As long as you use one of the required ingredients, the candy will count as a dish :)
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Day 1: Sunday Nov 18

-I hate cooking but if I have a craving or I am really hungry, I will cook. I also eat out if I can. Mostly family does the cooking.

Day 2: Monday Nov 19

-MEAT. I just love meat. There is no meat that I do not love. I also love fruits but not all. I would die for banana and guineps.

Day 3: Tuesday Nov 20

-Yes! I love, love Ting. It's this grapefruit soda and it is LIFE. Also, would die for some malta.

Day 4: Wednesday Nov 21

-Yupp! Used to be a big mac n cheese fan but I am less so now. Wasn't the biggest fan of bun and cheese but now I can't stop eating it.

Day 5: Thursday Nov 22

Share a funny or positive memory that involved food.

-I don't dream often but when I do it revolves around food. In my country's capital, there is a store that is known for its ice-cream. I had a dream that they came out with a new ice-cream flavour called Carmine and I went with my family to get some. When we got there, there was a loooong line. We waited for hours and hours until we got to the cashier and, of course, there was an even longer wait to be served. Finally, I was served but when I was about to taste it I woke up.

Day 6: Friday Nov 23

-It's alright. Good thirst quencher.

Day 8: Sunday Nov 25

-It depends. If the food is supposed to be hot then I prefer hot but if it supposed to be cold, it's better cold.

Day 9: Monday Nov 26

If you could receive a reward for eating your least favorite food, what would that reward be?

-Money. Lots of it. Or my choice of food for a month or so.
Day 1: Sunday Nov 18

-I hate cooking but if I have a craving or I am really hungry, I will cook. I also eat out if I can. Mostly family does the cooking.

Day 2: Monday Nov 19

-MEAT. I just love meat. There is no meat that I do not love. I also love fruits but not all. I would die for banana and guineps.

Day 3: Tuesday Nov 20

-Yes! I love, love Ting. It's this grapefruit soda and it is LIFE. Also, would die for some malta.

Day 4: Wednesday Nov 21

-Yupp! Used to be a big mac n cheese fan but I am less so now. Wasn't the biggest fan of bun and cheese but now I can't stop eating it.

Day 5: Thursday Nov 22

-I don't dream often but when I do it revolves around food. In my country's capital, there is a store that is known for its ice-cream. I had a dream that they came out with a new ice-cream flavour called Carmine and I went with my family to get some. When we got there, there was a loooong line. We waited for hours and hours until we got to the cashier and, of course, there was an even longer wait to be served. Finally, I was served but when I was about to taste it I woke up.

Day 6: Friday Nov 23

-It's alright. Good thirst quencher.

Day 8: Sunday Nov 25

-It depends. If the food is supposed to be hot then I prefer hot but if it supposed to be cold, it's better cold.

Day 9: Monday Nov 26

If you could receive a reward for eating your least favorite food, what would that reward be?

-Money. Lots of it. Or my choice of food for a month or so.
Dani's Familiar Quest (and more)9W6bZar.png

kaKc7gV.png
[quote]If you could receive a reward for eating your least favorite food, what would that reward be?[/quote] Yeah I think I'll go mercenary on this one and also say lots of money! It wouldn't [i]necessarily[/i] have to be money, just something I really wanted (and right now I can't think of a generic "always want" that's not money, haha). World peace? [s]Dom peace?[/s] xD I'm very bad at bypassing that "ugh hate this" psychological block.
Quote:

Yeah I think I'll go mercenary on this one and also say lots of money! It wouldn't necessarily have to be money, just something I really wanted (and right now I can't think of a generic "always want" that's not money, haha). World peace? Dom peace? xD I'm very bad at bypassing that "ugh hate this" psychological block.
7irhbB2.png
[b]Username:[/b] ryttu3k 127871 [b]Entry Title:[/b] Sticky Katsu Rice [b]Category:[/b] The Rice Is Right [b]Ingredient Feature:[/b] Star of the show! Mmm, carbs. Sticky Katsu Rice is a rice dish with earthy mushrooms and vegan stir fry strips. The rice is cooked with tonkatsu sauce, which infuses the flavour in each grain. For the sauce, you will need: 1/3 cup ketchup 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (if making this vegan, you can find variations without anchovies) 1 tablespoon soy sauce 1 tablespoon sugar 1 teaspoon dijon mustard, or a smooth mustard of your choice Garlic to taste (the recipe says 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, I added about three heaped teaspoons worth of minced garlic. In this house, we repel vampires at 100 paces) Cook rice according to your favourite method - I use a rice cooker to make it nice and foolproof. You can use the rice of your choice - sushi rice would be fantastic here; I used medium-grain. Add enough water to cook the rice, then add the tonkatsu sauce ingredients. You can also add veggies which will cook with the rice - frozen peas and corn add some lovely pops of colour, and are easy! While the rice is cooking, heat oil in a wide saucepan, and saute one chopped onion (brown or white) and a whole lot of chopped/sliced mushrooms until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms are cooked. Set aside, then cook the stir fry strips (or another protein of your choice). When the rice is nearly done, add the onion, mushrooms, and stir fry strips and stir to coat everything in the sauce. Serve up, and enjoy! [img]https://i.imgur.com/3LEOBac.jpg[/img]
Username: ryttu3k 127871
Entry Title: Sticky Katsu Rice
Category: The Rice Is Right
Ingredient Feature: Star of the show! Mmm, carbs.

Sticky Katsu Rice is a rice dish with earthy mushrooms and vegan stir fry strips. The rice is cooked with tonkatsu sauce, which infuses the flavour in each grain.

For the sauce, you will need:

1/3 cup ketchup
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce (if making this vegan, you can find variations without anchovies)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon dijon mustard, or a smooth mustard of your choice
Garlic to taste (the recipe says 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, I added about three heaped teaspoons worth of minced garlic. In this house, we repel vampires at 100 paces)

Cook rice according to your favourite method - I use a rice cooker to make it nice and foolproof. You can use the rice of your choice - sushi rice would be fantastic here; I used medium-grain. Add enough water to cook the rice, then add the tonkatsu sauce ingredients. You can also add veggies which will cook with the rice - frozen peas and corn add some lovely pops of colour, and are easy!

While the rice is cooking, heat oil in a wide saucepan, and saute one chopped onion (brown or white) and a whole lot of chopped/sliced mushrooms until the onion is translucent and the mushrooms are cooked. Set aside, then cook the stir fry strips (or another protein of your choice). When the rice is nearly done, add the onion, mushrooms, and stir fry strips and stir to coat everything in the sauce.

Serve up, and enjoy!

3LEOBac.jpg
DSEHBxF.png
I'm bored and I can't cook so why not haha

I eat what other people have prepared, whether it's home cooked or eating out. No one really trusts me in the kitchen anyway.

I'm very carnivorous. I really, really don't like fruits or vegetables. I'm very picky with taste and texture, so I suppose that the strong flavors in fruits and the hard texture of most vegetables turn me off.

Vanilla milkshakes! I actually don't drink much of anything outside water and milkshakes.

I can stop liking certain foods if they have a semi-strong taste and I keep eating them within a short span of time. Eventually, I'll like them again.

The opposite never happens, however.

One time I wanted to prepare a gift for my friend. It was supposed to be a chocolate dessert IIRC. I needed to melt some chocolate bars for it. I also found out that day that chocolate must be removed from the wrapper before being heated in the microwave.

I don't understand why people wouldn't like water. Water is literally life.

Tell us about a time that you experienced serving food to others (or being served food). Did you observe any challenges?

Well, I'm quite clumsy. There have been a couple of times when I've broken tableware.

It depends. Meals must be quite warm, but desserts and drinks must be cold. Again, quite picky.

I don't think anything less than 50 USD would convince me to eat food I don't like, much less my least favorite food.

Do you prefer to be slightly too hungry or slightly too full?

Slightly too full. Can't stand the feeling of hunger, haha.
I'm bored and I can't cook so why not haha

I eat what other people have prepared, whether it's home cooked or eating out. No one really trusts me in the kitchen anyway.

I'm very carnivorous. I really, really don't like fruits or vegetables. I'm very picky with taste and texture, so I suppose that the strong flavors in fruits and the hard texture of most vegetables turn me off.

Vanilla milkshakes! I actually don't drink much of anything outside water and milkshakes.

I can stop liking certain foods if they have a semi-strong taste and I keep eating them within a short span of time. Eventually, I'll like them again.

The opposite never happens, however.

One time I wanted to prepare a gift for my friend. It was supposed to be a chocolate dessert IIRC. I needed to melt some chocolate bars for it. I also found out that day that chocolate must be removed from the wrapper before being heated in the microwave.

I don't understand why people wouldn't like water. Water is literally life.

Tell us about a time that you experienced serving food to others (or being served food). Did you observe any challenges?

Well, I'm quite clumsy. There have been a couple of times when I've broken tableware.

It depends. Meals must be quite warm, but desserts and drinks must be cold. Again, quite picky.

I don't think anything less than 50 USD would convince me to eat food I don't like, much less my least favorite food.

Do you prefer to be slightly too hungry or slightly too full?

Slightly too full. Can't stand the feeling of hunger, haha.
sig_by_cas_a_fras-dcnoirv.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 11 12