Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] Cooking Contest (winners!)
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12
Day 6: Friday Nov 23

What do you think of water as a beverage?

I drink water all the time as my default beverage. I usually prefer it over drinks with sugar, etc. Part of it is just that I prefer the plain taste, and part of it is that I need so much drink replenishment daily that it'd be expensive / unhealthy to quench that thirst with things that have lots extra stuff in them. (Sometimes, I think I'm a tree that constantly needs to be watered.)

I do like other drinks sometimes, such as a hot cup of tea or coffee. I also favor some sweet drinks on occasion (especially bubble tea or pure berry smoothies). I really appreciate the existence of water, though!
Day 6: Friday Nov 23

I drink water all the time as my default beverage. I usually prefer it over drinks with sugar, etc. Part of it is just that I prefer the plain taste, and part of it is that I need so much drink replenishment daily that it'd be expensive / unhealthy to quench that thirst with things that have lots extra stuff in them. (Sometimes, I think I'm a tree that constantly needs to be watered.)

I do like other drinks sometimes, such as a hot cup of tea or coffee. I also favor some sweet drinks on occasion (especially bubble tea or pure berry smoothies). I really appreciate the existence of water, though!
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Talismarr oooooooOOOO that looks really REALLY GOOD......
@Talismarr oooooooOOOO that looks really REALLY GOOD......
transcatcher.png
[quote]What do you think of water as a beverage?[/quote] It's... [i]cool[/i]? xD Since I drink smaller amounts at once, I try to remember to leave a big glass/mug on my table so I'll drink enough without having to worry about getting up all the time. I [i]hate[/i] sparkling water, though. :x Small bonus for the summer: water is the only thing that will be fine no matter how many ice cubes are added since it doesn't become... watery. ^-^; Haha. [s]Have a hipster ice cube because why not[/s] [img]https://i.imgur.com/irxeE2h.jpg[/img]
Quote:

It's... cool? xD Since I drink smaller amounts at once, I try to remember to leave a big glass/mug on my table so I'll drink enough without having to worry about getting up all the time. I hate sparkling water, though. :x

Small bonus for the summer: water is the only thing that will be fine no matter how many ice cubes are added since it doesn't become... watery. ^-^; Haha. Have a hipster ice cube because why not

irxeE2h.jpg
7irhbB2.png
[quote]Tell us about a time that you experienced serving food to others (or being served food). Did you observe any challenges?[/quote] I have never served food in an official setting, but I imagine I'd struggle at first with keeping my balance (a tray full of glasses?! that's a nightmare scenario!) and remembering what food goes where @-@ Informally, I like to make things look as nice as possible when I'm presenting it to others, which means I'm often slower in putting a dish together. I have no idea how chefs (and all those guys in cooking contests) manage to make everything look cute and artsy in just a few seconds!
Quote:
Tell us about a time that you experienced serving food to others (or being served food). Did you observe any challenges?

I have never served food in an official setting, but I imagine I'd struggle at first with keeping my balance (a tray full of glasses?! that's a nightmare scenario!) and remembering what food goes where @-@ Informally, I like to make things look as nice as possible when I'm presenting it to others, which means I'm often slower in putting a dish together. I have no idea how chefs (and all those guys in cooking contests) manage to make everything look cute and artsy in just a few seconds!
7irhbB2.png
[b]Username:[/b] Cheshly [b]Entry Title:[/b] Single Serving Chai Pumpkin Pie [b]Category:[/b] Subtle Tea [b]Ingredient Feature:[/b] By using chai tea powder in this dish, you're able to turn that basic pumpkin pie into something a bit more interesting with intense fall flavors. What could be better than tea and pie? [b]Ingredients:[/b] Pie [LIST] [*]pumpkin purée [*]evaporated milk [*]brown sugar [*]chai tea powder [*]salt [*]vanilla extract [*]eggs [/LIST] Leafs [LIST] [*]pie crust [/LIST] [b]Recipe:[/b] (Probably the easiest recipe there ever was.) Pie [LIST=1] [*]Mix all ingredients together. [*]Ladle ingredients into a muffin tin and throw into the oven for about ~35 minutes at 375 [/LIST] Leafs [LIST=1] [*]Roll out some pre-made pie crust, or make your own. [*]Cut the crust into leaf shapes. [*]Throw into the oven at the same time as the pies, but only for ~5 minutes or until brown. [/LIST] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/yS8I56G.jpg[/img] Please ignore that I put RCB instead of RBC.[/center]
Username: Cheshly

Entry Title: Single Serving Chai Pumpkin Pie

Category: Subtle Tea

Ingredient Feature: By using chai tea powder in this dish, you're able to turn that basic pumpkin pie into something a bit more interesting with intense fall flavors. What could be better than tea and pie?

Ingredients:
Pie
  • pumpkin purée
  • evaporated milk
  • brown sugar
  • chai tea powder
  • salt
  • vanilla extract
  • eggs

Leafs
  • pie crust

Recipe: (Probably the easiest recipe there ever was.)
Pie
  1. Mix all ingredients together.
  2. Ladle ingredients into a muffin tin and throw into the oven for about ~35 minutes at 375

Leafs
  1. Roll out some pre-made pie crust, or make your own.
  2. Cut the crust into leaf shapes.
  3. Throw into the oven at the same time as the pies, but only for ~5 minutes or until brown.
yS8I56G.jpg
Please ignore that I put RCB instead of RBC.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
[b]Username:[/b] Cheshly [b]Entry Title:[/b] Not Your Grandma's Cranberry Sauce [b]Category:[/b] Something Afruit [b]Ingredient Feature:[/b] This entire dish is fruit, fruit, more fruit, and just a tinge of sugar to tie it all in. [b]Ingredients:[/b] [LIST] [*]fresh cranberries [*]an apple [*]orange juice [*]brown sugar [*]maple syrup [*]cinnamon [*]water [/LIST] [b]Recipe:[/b] (Another easy recipe.) [LIST=1] [*]Add orange juice, water, and brown sugar to a saucepan over medium heat, and stir till sugar is dissolved. [*]Pour in your cranberries and bring to a low boil. [*]Wait for your cranberries to start popping! [*]Once most cranberries are popped, add in chopped up apple, maple syrup, and cinnamon. [*]Let it cook for ~5 minutes. You'll know it's ready when everything is bright red, and the sauce has thickened. [/LIST] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/OB2x2KU.jpg[/img] Please ignore that I put RCB instead of RBC.[/center]
Username: Cheshly

Entry Title: Not Your Grandma's Cranberry Sauce

Category: Something Afruit

Ingredient Feature: This entire dish is fruit, fruit, more fruit, and just a tinge of sugar to tie it all in.

Ingredients:
  • fresh cranberries
  • an apple
  • orange juice
  • brown sugar
  • maple syrup
  • cinnamon
  • water

Recipe: (Another easy recipe.)
  1. Add orange juice, water, and brown sugar to a saucepan over medium heat, and stir till sugar is dissolved.
  2. Pour in your cranberries and bring to a low boil.
  3. Wait for your cranberries to start popping!
  4. Once most cranberries are popped, add in chopped up apple, maple syrup, and cinnamon.
  5. Let it cook for ~5 minutes. You'll know it's ready when everything is bright red, and the sauce has thickened.
OB2x2KU.jpg
Please ignore that I put RCB instead of RBC.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
@Cheshly Thank you so much for your entries, they look yummy :)
@Cheshly Thank you so much for your entries, they look yummy :)
@Gender Thank you!! ^^

@Cheshly Your pumpkin pie is so pretty! It looks really yummy too :D
@Gender Thank you!! ^^

@Cheshly Your pumpkin pie is so pretty! It looks really yummy too :D
earthshieldr.png
Do you prefer hot or cold food, or perhaps a mixture of both?

It depends on the type of food and how it's meant to be served, but I generally prefer hot food when I'm hungry. Cold food can have its merits if meant to be served that way, though; there's something about the flavor of certain cold dishes that would change if served hot! I'm not thinking so much of things like ice cream where serving it cold is obvious, more like gazpacho, cold versions of soba, etc. There's some good stuff out there, either hot or cold. :)
Do you prefer hot or cold food, or perhaps a mixture of both?

It depends on the type of food and how it's meant to be served, but I generally prefer hot food when I'm hungry. Cold food can have its merits if meant to be served that way, though; there's something about the flavor of certain cold dishes that would change if served hot! I'm not thinking so much of things like ice cream where serving it cold is obvious, more like gazpacho, cold versions of soba, etc. There's some good stuff out there, either hot or cold. :)
Hi everybody! We've hit the one-week mark for submissions. :) I've decided to [b]add a new way to get the badges[/b] for those who aren't posting entries or judging. Answering any 7 of our past or present [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2569632#post_36281778]prompts[/url] (it's ok to do a bunch in one post for any that you've missed) will earn the badges as well. [center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/7ShqvKd.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/W1C4yVR.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/CnP9ahv.png[/img] [/center] [b]Ping List:[/b] (ask any time to be added or removed) @Rhea @heavylobster @DraigTeg @sublimevoide @Talismarr
Hi everybody! We've hit the one-week mark for submissions. :)

I've decided to add a new way to get the badges for those who aren't posting entries or judging. Answering any 7 of our past or present prompts (it's ok to do a bunch in one post for any that you've missed) will earn the badges as well.
7ShqvKd.png W1C4yVR.png CnP9ahv.png

Ping List: (ask any time to be added or removed)
@Rhea @heavylobster @DraigTeg @sublimevoide @Talismarr
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11 12