Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RBC] Cooking Contest (winners!)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
May I be added to the pinglist, please?
May I be added to the pinglist, please?
Selling old UMAs/giveaway
Giving away everything
G2 imperial giveaway
progress-rainbow-rainbow-garter-blm.png
@Rhea Sure thing! Added :) Thank you!
@Rhea Sure thing! Added :) Thank you!
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
Time to throw words around here too >:D [quote]How do you get your meals? Do you cook, eat out, or something else?[/quote] When I'm at home I try to make stuff for myself, but if I'm at work I may have to eat out. Not any kind of fancy "eating out", mind you. It's just that most of my workplaces have had "they don't want you to eat in the building, so you have to go out" policies. Usually, there isn't anywhere one could sit to eat their own food when they "go out", so they have to find a self-service restaurant or something. I've totally snuck sandwiches in and eaten when nobody was paying attention, though! I may get takeouts or frozen food at home but I try to keep it to a minimum, my stomach tends to complain after a while. Uhh about actually going out to fancy restaurants, not really, unless it's a special occasion. That's far too expensive!
Time to throw words around here too >:D

Quote:
How do you get your meals? Do you cook, eat out, or something else?

When I'm at home I try to make stuff for myself, but if I'm at work I may have to eat out. Not any kind of fancy "eating out", mind you. It's just that most of my workplaces have had "they don't want you to eat in the building, so you have to go out" policies. Usually, there isn't anywhere one could sit to eat their own food when they "go out", so they have to find a self-service restaurant or something. I've totally snuck sandwiches in and eaten when nobody was paying attention, though!

I may get takeouts or frozen food at home but I try to keep it to a minimum, my stomach tends to complain after a while.

Uhh about actually going out to fancy restaurants, not really, unless it's a special occasion. That's far too expensive!
7irhbB2.png
boop
boop
A school of pastel-colored ASCII fish!
This is such a cute event, might participate if I get around to gathering the ingredients :D
This is such a cute event, might participate if I get around to gathering the ingredients :D
lBAeamY.gif sapphosaint || #291683
160P7Fb.png
aC86tUH.png
mlHpBMC.png
Mesq6uj.png
mjtJ868.png
[quote]Do you favor any food group (meats, veggies, grains, dairy, etc.)? If you do, is there a special reason, or do you just so happen to like certain foods?[/quote] Not really... wait, I don't have a [i]favorite[/i] group, but I actually end up favoring grains, protein and fruits more than vegetables and dairy. I'm making progress on the vegetables, haha. Sadly, I love dairy but my stomach doesn't like milk as much anymore. It's not an allergy or intolerance, it's something a little like [url=https://i.pinimg.com/originals/ea/89/be/ea89be03a5a700367354acdd4f520369.jpg]this comic[/url] but with milk instead. I considered cutting dairy as a whole, but I like cheese a lot >.< [i]How am I going to survive without cheese[/i]?!? [center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/l1L2UkgpuiE4U/200.gif[/img][/center]
Quote:
Do you favor any food group (meats, veggies, grains, dairy, etc.)? If you do, is there a special reason, or do you just so happen to like certain foods?

Not really... wait, I don't have a favorite group, but I actually end up favoring grains, protein and fruits more than vegetables and dairy. I'm making progress on the vegetables, haha. Sadly, I love dairy but my stomach doesn't like milk as much anymore. It's not an allergy or intolerance, it's something a little like this comic but with milk instead. I considered cutting dairy as a whole, but I like cheese a lot >.< How am I going to survive without cheese?!?

200.gif
7irhbB2.png
Oh my, this looks like fun! I will keep it in mind and try to prepare some dishes that I could enter! @Blanche Your cheese gif made me laugh [i]a lot[/i]. I feel the same way! I'm not lactose intolerant, buy my stomach is not happy when I drink too much milk, so I hardly drink milk at all. [i]Cheese[/i] on the other hand, well, I love cheese as well. [quote]Do you favor any food group (meats, veggies, grains, dairy, etc.)? If you do, is there a special reason, or do you just so happen to like certain foods?[/quote] I like meat quite a lot, I try to have meat, or a protein in lieu of meat, once a day, usually with dinner. Ideally I can have meat, a vegetable and a grain or side dish to go along with it (rice or pasta). I probably eat too much grains/bread to be honest, and should eat more fruits/veggies, but I prefer veggies over fruit. For some reason I am just not a big fan of fruit!
Oh my, this looks like fun! I will keep it in mind and try to prepare some dishes that I could enter!

@Blanche
Your cheese gif made me laugh a lot. I feel the same way! I'm not lactose intolerant, buy my stomach is not happy when I drink too much milk, so I hardly drink milk at all. Cheese on the other hand, well, I love cheese as well.

Quote:
Do you favor any food group (meats, veggies, grains, dairy, etc.)? If you do, is there a special reason, or do you just so happen to like certain foods?

I like meat quite a lot, I try to have meat, or a protein in lieu of meat, once a day, usually with dinner. Ideally I can have meat, a vegetable and a grain or side dish to go along with it (rice or pasta). I probably eat too much grains/bread to be honest, and should eat more fruits/veggies, but I prefer veggies over fruit. For some reason I am just not a big fan of fruit!
earthshieldr.png
@Talismarr Ahaha glad it was amusing! :D -high fives fellow cheese lover- I am so sad I can't be as careless with my food choices as I was when I was little, but it's so hard to resist cheese! Cheese toppings, cheese fillings, cheese fondue on a cold night... if I don't pay attention, I'll just eat the whole thing ^-^; [center][img]https://media.giphy.com/media/kf8uKmRpEWZy/giphy.gif[/img][/center]
@Talismarr
Ahaha glad it was amusing! :D -high fives fellow cheese lover- I am so sad I can't be as careless with my food choices as I was when I was little, but it's so hard to resist cheese! Cheese toppings, cheese fillings, cheese fondue on a cold night... if I don't pay attention, I'll just eat the whole thing ^-^;

giphy.gif
7irhbB2.png
[quote]Do you have a favorite tea (or other beverage)? Any particular varieties?[/quote] There aren't all that many tea varieties easily available where I live, as coffee tends to be much more popular... I'm afraid I don't have a favorite (yet) :( On the other hand, there are many types of juice! My favorite is passion fruit :D
Quote:
Do you have a favorite tea (or other beverage)? Any particular varieties?

There aren't all that many tea varieties easily available where I live, as coffee tends to be much more popular... I'm afraid I don't have a favorite (yet) :( On the other hand, there are many types of juice! My favorite is passion fruit :D
7irhbB2.png
@sapphosaint @Talismarr Looking forward to seeing any entries you might come up with :) I hope you have fun!

-

Are there any foods that you used to like but no longer do, or perhaps foods that you didn't use to eat that you've now developed a taste for?

When I was younger, I had a much higher tolerance for sugar. I would eat ridiculous things like Frosted Flakes and candy corn. Now, thinking of those sweet things makes me somewhat ill. :P I used to put sugar in black teas (such as English Breakfast), but I drink those plain or with milk now, same with coffee (black or with milk). I also enjoy types of green tea and jasmine, though those don’t get sugar or milk put into them.
@sapphosaint @Talismarr Looking forward to seeing any entries you might come up with :) I hope you have fun!

-

Are there any foods that you used to like but no longer do, or perhaps foods that you didn't use to eat that you've now developed a taste for?

When I was younger, I had a much higher tolerance for sugar. I would eat ridiculous things like Frosted Flakes and candy corn. Now, thinking of those sweet things makes me somewhat ill. :P I used to put sugar in black teas (such as English Breakfast), but I drink those plain or with milk now, same with coffee (black or with milk). I also enjoy types of green tea and jasmine, though those don’t get sugar or milk put into them.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12