Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [100HC] Grommit's Love Quest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@kyrin18 @MadameEponine @Evaria @Ceilingfan @Redtiger7736 @nienna33 @Ikilou Time for another nest! Thanks @Ikilou for lending Wackes! If anyone's got a derg they want to lend to the project, feel free to let me know :) -------------- Grommit found that he liked being a father. Royale was one adorable little hatchling, and watching her grow up was both joyful and somewhat sad by turns. Eventually, however, she left the nest. Her last letter had placed her at the shores of the Sea of a Thousand Currents. Once some time had passed, Emeritus had reminded Grommit of his suggestion to follow him on a tour. That was how he wound up here, in a little natural amphitheater formed by a rocky hill in Dragonhome. He stood at the edge of the audience, not joining in on the cheers from the crowd. As he sipped on a drink, a large bundle of fur bumped it out of his claws. "Oh! I'm so sorry!" A brown tundra with curious gold streaks stood next to him, brown eyes wide. "It's alright," Grommit said, shrugging. "It was just water." "Oh, ok, glad to hear it," the Tundra said, looking a little embarrassed. She extended a hand. "Hi, I'm Wackes." "Hello, Wackes," Grommit said. "I'm Grommit." As the concert progressed, the two dragons struck up a conversation. Grommit learned that Wackes was from Dragonhome, and had several siblings. "My mother is racing my aunts to have 100 hatchlings," she explained. Grommit's eyes widened. He couldn't even imagine having 100 hatchlings himself, much less actively racing others to it! "It must make the lair pretty crowded," he remarked. "Eh, it's workable," Wackes said with a shrug. "Sometimes I feel like every time I turn around, she's bringing back another dragon to our area of the lair. My father was the first, I wish they could have stayed together. You kind of remind me of him." Wackes' eyes grew wide again, and she said quickly, "In that you look – er, ummm . . . not alike, because you both have different markings, but . . ." Grommit could swear he felt a little bit of her embarrassment secondhand. "I'll just stop talking now," Wackes muttered. "It's alright, I'm not offended," Grommit said. "I'm a dad, it's my job to embarrass people." Only then did he realize what he was comparing Wackes too. Wackes chuckled. "I guess awkwardness comes with the name, huh?" she remarked. "Yeah, must be," Grommit ceded. They ended up hanging out long past the concert's ending. ----------- [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/10/2healthy_0dead.png[/img] Two eggs, now. A little better, Grommit, but not by much!
@kyrin18 @MadameEponine @Evaria @Ceilingfan @Redtiger7736 @nienna33 @Ikilou

Time for another nest! Thanks @Ikilou for lending Wackes!

If anyone's got a derg they want to lend to the project, feel free to let me know :)

Grommit found that he liked being a father. Royale was one adorable little hatchling, and watching her grow up was both joyful and somewhat sad by turns. Eventually, however, she left the nest. Her last letter had placed her at the shores of the Sea of a Thousand Currents.

Once some time had passed, Emeritus had reminded Grommit of his suggestion to follow him on a tour. That was how he wound up here, in a little natural amphitheater formed by a rocky hill in Dragonhome. He stood at the edge of the audience, not joining in on the cheers from the crowd. As he sipped on a drink, a large bundle of fur bumped it out of his claws.

"Oh! I'm so sorry!" A brown tundra with curious gold streaks stood next to him, brown eyes wide.

"It's alright," Grommit said, shrugging. "It was just water."

"Oh, ok, glad to hear it," the Tundra said, looking a little embarrassed. She extended a hand. "Hi, I'm Wackes."

"Hello, Wackes," Grommit said. "I'm Grommit."

As the concert progressed, the two dragons struck up a conversation. Grommit learned that Wackes was from Dragonhome, and had several siblings. "My mother is racing my aunts to have 100 hatchlings," she explained.

Grommit's eyes widened. He couldn't even imagine having 100 hatchlings himself, much less actively racing others to it! "It must make the lair pretty crowded," he remarked.

"Eh, it's workable," Wackes said with a shrug. "Sometimes I feel like every time I turn around, she's bringing back another dragon to our area of the lair. My father was the first, I wish they could have stayed together. You kind of remind me of him." Wackes' eyes grew wide again, and she said quickly, "In that you look – er, ummm . . . not alike, because you both have different markings, but . . ." Grommit could swear he felt a little bit of her embarrassment secondhand.

"I'll just stop talking now," Wackes muttered.

"It's alright, I'm not offended," Grommit said. "I'm a dad, it's my job to embarrass people." Only then did he realize what he was comparing Wackes too.

Wackes chuckled. "I guess awkwardness comes with the name, huh?" she remarked.

"Yeah, must be," Grommit ceded.

They ended up hanging out long past the concert's ending.

2healthy_0dead.png
Two eggs, now. A little better, Grommit, but not by much!
@RadientAngel Could I send in my Lucretzia for the next breeding? She's a very beautiful imperial with no offspring yet and I think this will be a great opportunity for her! Congrats on the eggs!! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45563007] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/455631/45563007_350.png[/img] [/url]
@RadientAngel Could I send in my Lucretzia for the next breeding? She's a very beautiful imperial with no offspring yet and I think this will be a great opportunity for her! Congrats on the eggs!!

45563007_350.png

<3
<3
73127854.png
Lonely, shy & in need of friends? Read Misaki's Bio.

Item Wishlist | [LF] Pearl XXY/XYY G1 (M), Sanguine XXY, XYY G1 (M)
@MadameEponine Sure! Keep her on hold for the next breeding, I like to keep as many lair spaces open as possible :3
@MadameEponine Sure! Keep her on hold for the next breeding, I like to keep as many lair spaces open as possible :3
@kyrin18 @MadameEponine @Evaria @Ceilingfen @Redtiger7736 @nienna33 @Ikilou Ceilingfen please let me know if I got your name right this time! I saw just yesterday that your user wasn't "Ceiling[b]fan[/b]" but Ceilingfen. Sorry! ----------------- Grommit, Wackes, and Emeritus all watched the eggs shake and wiggle in their makeshift nest. It was really just a large basket stuffed with whatever cloth and soft things they could find, better for travel on the road than a permanent nest. Wackes had come along for the time being, but while Grommit enjoyed their time together, he'd already started to get a feeling that they wouldn't work out. He pushed those thoughts aside in favor of the scene in front of him. As they watched, one of the eggs suddenly split lengthwise, peeling open like a banana to reveal a bundle of bright orange and dark brown fur. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46805644] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/468057/46805644_350.png[/img] [/url] Grommit smiled. "She takes after her mother, doesn't she?" "Maybe," Wackes replied, guiding the little Tundra to her. "But those stripes aren't mine!" The other, slightly smaller egg continued rocking for a while, cracks slowly expanding across the egg's surface. Finally, a dull horn poked through the shell, followed soon after by a little dun-colored Pearlcatcher. She promptly began devouring the shell she'd just exited. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=46805645] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/468057/46805645_350.png[/img] [/url] "Is that . . . normal?" Wackes asked, looking thoroughly bewildered by the second hatchling's behavior. "All Pearlcatchers do it," Grommit assured her. "It's how we create our pearls." His own pearl currently rested in a sling attached to his chest. He patted the sling to accentuate the word. "Well, what are you waiting for?" Emeritus asked. The two dragons looked at the Mirror. The Tundra darted over and immediately began playing beneath Emeritus' legs, a sport which the Mirror quickly attempted to extricate himself from. "If I have to go through the rest of my concert with these hellions underfoot, I want to at least know what to call them," Emeritus said after finally disentangling himself from the Tundra hatchling. "Hmm . . ." Wackes sighed. Patting the Tundra's head, "How about Topaz for this one and Garnet for the other, after their colors?" "That's not a bad idea," Grommit assented. He turned the names over in his head as he watched Garnet swallow the last bits of her egg, then curl up and fall asleep. He liked the sound of the names, that was for sure. ------------------------ Garnet and Topaz are up for adoption! Ping me if you want one of them :) Topaz would make a nice Earth or Nature rep, I think: [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=138&bodygene=19&breed=6&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=77&tertgene=14&winggene=24&wings=54&auth=a0e3332f778670ae4d476c812c566e06fd49cffc&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=162&bodygene=11&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=161&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=121&auth=69a11f18d6139d0cda6b5daac111c299ef5c0e6e&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
@kyrin18 @MadameEponine @Evaria @Ceilingfen @Redtiger7736 @nienna33 @Ikilou

Ceilingfen please let me know if I got your name right this time! I saw just yesterday that your user wasn't "Ceilingfan" but Ceilingfen. Sorry!

Grommit, Wackes, and Emeritus all watched the eggs shake and wiggle in their makeshift nest. It was really just a large basket stuffed with whatever cloth and soft things they could find, better for travel on the road than a permanent nest. Wackes had come along for the time being, but while Grommit enjoyed their time together, he'd already started to get a feeling that they wouldn't work out.

He pushed those thoughts aside in favor of the scene in front of him. As they watched, one of the eggs suddenly split lengthwise, peeling open like a banana to reveal a bundle of bright orange and dark brown fur.

46805644_350.png

Grommit smiled. "She takes after her mother, doesn't she?"

"Maybe," Wackes replied, guiding the little Tundra to her. "But those stripes aren't mine!"

The other, slightly smaller egg continued rocking for a while, cracks slowly expanding across the egg's surface. Finally, a dull horn poked through the shell, followed soon after by a little dun-colored Pearlcatcher. She promptly began devouring the shell she'd just exited.

46805645_350.png

"Is that . . . normal?" Wackes asked, looking thoroughly bewildered by the second hatchling's behavior.

"All Pearlcatchers do it," Grommit assured her. "It's how we create our pearls." His own pearl currently rested in a sling attached to his chest. He patted the sling to accentuate the word.

"Well, what are you waiting for?" Emeritus asked. The two dragons looked at the Mirror. The Tundra darted over and immediately began playing beneath Emeritus' legs, a sport which the Mirror quickly attempted to extricate himself from.

"If I have to go through the rest of my concert with these hellions underfoot, I want to at least know what to call them," Emeritus said after finally disentangling himself from the Tundra hatchling.

"Hmm . . ." Wackes sighed. Patting the Tundra's head, "How about Topaz for this one and Garnet for the other, after their colors?"

"That's not a bad idea," Grommit assented. He turned the names over in his head as he watched Garnet swallow the last bits of her egg, then curl up and fall asleep. He liked the sound of the names, that was for sure.

Garnet and Topaz are up for adoption! Ping me if you want one of them :) Topaz would make a nice Earth or Nature rep, I think:

dragon?age=1&body=138&bodygene=19&breed=6&element=10&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=77&tertgene=14&winggene=24&wings=54&auth=a0e3332f778670ae4d476c812c566e06fd49cffc&dummyext=prev.png

dragon?age=1&body=162&bodygene=11&breed=4&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=161&tertgene=10&winggene=1&wings=121&auth=69a11f18d6139d0cda6b5daac111c299ef5c0e6e&dummyext=prev.png
@RadientAngel You want bright girls? I've got a bright girl! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45552801] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/455529/45552801_350.png[/img] [/url] Mailuu's a big goofball and a practical joker- she loves playing jokes on other dragons. If you can fit her into the lore somehow, I'd be more than happy to lend her out!
@RadientAngel

You want bright girls? I've got a bright girl!

45552801_350.png

Mailuu's a big goofball and a practical joker- she loves playing jokes on other dragons. If you can fit her into the lore somehow, I'd be more than happy to lend her out!
ErMvEQA.png
@Tempestral Now that's an eyeburner! I'll definitely add her to the list of mates. You want to be on the pinglist for lore posts too, or just here for her hatchlings?
@Tempestral Now that's an eyeburner! I'll definitely add her to the list of mates. You want to be on the pinglist for lore posts too, or just here for her hatchlings?
@Radientangel I'd love to be tagged in lore posts! If I end up with another eyeburner in the future, are you willing to use a different dragon from the same lair?
@Radientangel I'd love to be tagged in lore posts! If I end up with another eyeburner in the future, are you willing to use a different dragon from the same lair?
ErMvEQA.png
@Tempestral Sure! I'd be happy to, long as Grommit gets 100 hatchlings :)

Edit: added to the pinglist! Feel free to check out the current hatchlings.
@Tempestral Sure! I'd be happy to, long as Grommit gets 100 hatchlings :)

Edit: added to the pinglist! Feel free to check out the current hatchlings.
@RadientAngel

I am the Ceilingfen, or the Fen Of Ceiling
@RadientAngel

I am the Ceilingfen, or the Fen Of Ceiling
https://imgur.com/rv3YbWH.png https://imgur.com/q7fPxR2.png
W95DLKk.png art by Helbram
1E8JFs6.png [img][/img]nvsyV.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12