Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [100HC] Grommit's Love Quest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12
@kyrin18 Thanks! Thought long and hard about the lore. If you check out the little introduction below the pinglist, it kind of sets the tone for how the rest of this is going to go :P
@kyrin18 Thanks! Thought long and hard about the lore. If you check out the little introduction below the pinglist, it kind of sets the tone for how the rest of this is going to go :P
Oh, this is exciting! Thank you for pinging me and good luck with future nests! Hopefully he doesn't wegg you too often. :(
Oh, this is exciting! Thank you for pinging me and good luck with future nests! Hopefully he doesn't wegg you too often. :(
fDSaoY3.png
NN9NPXA.png
BT1N47G.png
O6cEDNG.png
x8YqlBy.gif
JvUa9ma.png
Q3xvIM.png
jh4yF3m.png
tyEuRXe.png
Tl1dGxE.png
G8AyR6r.png
2VtxnMX.png
QUIpVFE.png
Da1cz0f.png
@Evaria Me too! Otherwise this is going to be really long.
@Evaria Me too! Otherwise this is going to be really long.
I'd like to be added to the pinglist :)
I'd like to be added to the pinglist :)

m0MKVAz.gif
b_85x85_by_x_luna_silverwolf_x-dccal3i.png
3EopvJR.png
@nienna33 sure thing! :)
@nienna33 sure thing! :)
Could you add me to your pinglist? I'd also like to offer up my girl Wackes. She's from my own 100 Hatchling Challenge, and she'd probably end up mentioning at some point that Grommit reminds her of her father (she's not the smoothest of dragons). [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=45776241] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/457763/45776241_350.png[/img] [/url]
Could you add me to your pinglist? I'd also like to offer up my girl Wackes. She's from my own 100 Hatchling Challenge, and she'd probably end up mentioning at some point that Grommit reminds her of her father (she's not the smoothest of dragons).

45776241_350.png
sVXeqGm.png
@Ikilou Sure thing! I like Wackes' looks, and the idea of two awkward dragons hanging out :P I'll put you in the list.

Also, thanks for bringing up something I just realized I forgot to put in the opening spiel: my original plan to spice this up was to mate Grommit with really brightly colored dragons/eyeburners! I'll grandfather (grandmother?) Wackes in somehow, already got an idea for a story. I'll ping you when he's getting close to RTB again in case you're still interested!
@Ikilou Sure thing! I like Wackes' looks, and the idea of two awkward dragons hanging out :P I'll put you in the list.

Also, thanks for bringing up something I just realized I forgot to put in the opening spiel: my original plan to spice this up was to mate Grommit with really brightly colored dragons/eyeburners! I'll grandfather (grandmother?) Wackes in somehow, already got an idea for a story. I'll ping you when he's getting close to RTB again in case you're still interested!
@kyrin18 @MadameEponine @Evaria @Ceilingfan @Redtiger7736 @nienna33 @Ikilou It's hatchling time! Let's see what we got . . . ----------- When the time for the egg to hatch came, Grommit was sitting by one of the many pools in the Gladeveins, talking to his friend Emeritus. The Mirror was a rictus of exposed bone and rotting flesh thanks to a disease picked up as a hatchling, but that didn't stop him from trying to become a famous bard. It did, however, stop him from hanging around most dragons – his appearance was enough to frighten anyone else, though thanks to Valdisia, the resident Plague dragon, the disease was not contagious to the rest of the clan. "You know what, Grommit?" Emeritus asked him suddenly. "What?" he asked. "You should come along with me for my next trip," the skull-faced Mirror told him. "No ands, ifs, or buts," he interrupted when Grommit opened his mouth. "I don't plan on going for a few months, anyway. Once your kid is grown and you don't have to worry about it as much, I'm gonna go on tour, and I want you to tag along. You deserve a lot more than this." He spread out an arm in an all-encompassing gesture. "I'm gonna find you a girl if it's the last thing I do, buddy." "I didn't realize we were buddies," Grommit remarked. "We are now," Emeritus said solidly. "Us bachelors have to stick together." A blue head poked out of the water, a pair of yellow eyes ending the conversation. "I'm glad I found you," Duria said. "The nest is hatching! You want to be there, right?" "You think?" Grommit felt a strange mix of trepidation and excitement as he flew towards the communal nesting grounds. The egg split open just as he ran up to the edge of the nest. Shannaria was nowhere to be seen. A pair of big green eyes looked up at him. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=52&bodygene=4&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=11&winggene=2&wings=122&auth=f5f19194e1d305984eca3861862de1042b7522dc&dummyext=prev.png[/img] She'd gotten her grayish-brown body from him, and the brown wings looked like a lighter shade of Shannaria's. Who knew where she'd gotten the purple stripes. He was secretly proud that this child took after her father in genes, if not in breed. "Oh, just look at her," Duria cooed. "She's such a cutie! Thought of a name yet?" Grommit actually had. "Royale. For the purple color." She might not have a mother, but all that meant was that she would truly be his little princess. ------------- Hehe, she really is kinda cute! I wasn't expecting her to have the same primary as her father! What are the chances? She doesn't look too pretty as-is, but with Stained she's gorgeous! [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=4&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=12&winggene=2&wings=122&auth=e462f6ac37db6d08f5b1fa8b3fca5d54b7108838&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I've put Royale in the Adopt-A-Hatchling section, just ping me if you want her :)
@kyrin18 @MadameEponine @Evaria @Ceilingfan @Redtiger7736 @nienna33 @Ikilou

It's hatchling time! Let's see what we got . . .

When the time for the egg to hatch came, Grommit was sitting by one of the many pools in the Gladeveins, talking to his friend Emeritus. The Mirror was a rictus of exposed bone and rotting flesh thanks to a disease picked up as a hatchling, but that didn't stop him from trying to become a famous bard. It did, however, stop him from hanging around most dragons – his appearance was enough to frighten anyone else, though thanks to Valdisia, the resident Plague dragon, the disease was not contagious to the rest of the clan.

"You know what, Grommit?" Emeritus asked him suddenly.

"What?" he asked.

"You should come along with me for my next trip," the skull-faced Mirror told him. "No ands, ifs, or buts," he interrupted when Grommit opened his mouth. "I don't plan on going for a few months, anyway. Once your kid is grown and you don't have to worry about it as much, I'm gonna go on tour, and I want you to tag along. You deserve a lot more than this." He spread out an arm in an all-encompassing gesture. "I'm gonna find you a girl if it's the last thing I do, buddy."

"I didn't realize we were buddies," Grommit remarked.

"We are now," Emeritus said solidly. "Us bachelors have to stick together." A blue head poked out of the water, a pair of yellow eyes ending the conversation.

"I'm glad I found you," Duria said. "The nest is hatching! You want to be there, right?"

"You think?" Grommit felt a strange mix of trepidation and excitement as he flew towards the communal nesting grounds. The egg split open just as he ran up to the edge of the nest. Shannaria was nowhere to be seen.

A pair of big green eyes looked up at him.

dragon?age=0&body=52&bodygene=4&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=11&winggene=2&wings=122&auth=f5f19194e1d305984eca3861862de1042b7522dc&dummyext=prev.png

She'd gotten her grayish-brown body from him, and the brown wings looked like a lighter shade of Shannaria's. Who knew where she'd gotten the purple stripes. He was secretly proud that this child took after her father in genes, if not in breed.

"Oh, just look at her," Duria cooed. "She's such a cutie! Thought of a name yet?"

Grommit actually had. "Royale. For the purple color." She might not have a mother, but all that meant was that she would truly be his little princess.

Hehe, she really is kinda cute! I wasn't expecting her to have the same primary as her father! What are the chances? She doesn't look too pretty as-is, but with Stained she's gorgeous!

dragon?age=1&body=52&bodygene=4&breed=7&element=10&eyetype=0&gender=1&tert=114&tertgene=12&winggene=2&wings=122&auth=e462f6ac37db6d08f5b1fa8b3fca5d54b7108838&dummyext=prev.png

I've put Royale in the Adopt-A-Hatchling section, just ping me if you want her :)
That was cute ^_^
That was cute ^_^
73127854.png
Lonely, shy & in need of friends? Read Misaki's Bio.

Item Wishlist | [LF] Pearl XXY/XYY G1 (M), Sanguine XXY, XYY G1 (M)
@kyrin18 Thanks! I figured since I started it out badly, I might as well try to have a happy little conclusion to this relationship :)
@kyrin18 Thanks! I figured since I started it out badly, I might as well try to have a happy little conclusion to this relationship :)
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 11 12