Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Dangerous Winters [Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/PurJtbR.png[/img] [size=5][color=7CB0C9][u][b]CHAPTER TWO[/b][/u][/color][/size] [size=4][color=7CB0C9][u][b]PART FOUR: ON THE ROAD[/b][/u][/color][/size] [item=sicklemaw gar][/center] ----- [columns][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yxyd4qum75srq85/icev2.png[/img] [nextcol]After a week was up, our group of "heroes" continued on. The four young imperials got no better, and Truffle was in the worst shape. She was constantly coughing and wheezing when she was not shivering so hard her body shook. Gemini used every spell in her book to try and help Truffle, but the effect was less like a cure and more like short-lasting cold medicine being used on someone with a flu. Misteyes and Aero were not doing much better, but as long as they were warm enough the pair seemed okay. Helena, on the other claw, showed no sign of illness. Aiden got increasingly quiet, avoiding the group like a plague and walking several paces behind them. All around- the group was not doing well. "Mom?" Helena asked, stumbling slightly as she hopped through the snow to Mythos. "Yeah kiddo? You alright?" "Are they gonna be alright?" Mythos choked on her own spit, stumbling to a halt beside her daughter as everyone turned to look. The coatl huffed, raising a claw to signal she was fine. "Wha- Of course they'll be fine!" Pathos quickly spoke, "Winter is a tough time for all of us, but we'll be warmer soon!" "Then you four can all play together in trees and bushes, hide and seek will be so much fun!" Featherfoot added, "As long as I can join, that is." [/columns] [columns]Gemini and Eternity shared a look, knowing, as if they understood something the that nobody else had, although Pathos quickly caught the eyes of the girls and shared the same weak and obviously fake smile. "It'll be alright, correct girls?" He pushed, begging silently. The two nodded, hating to see the young parents so desperate for reassurance that their hatchlings would survive this. It broke Gemini's heart to see Mythos still grieving over Nixie, and now have to deal with her kids. The thought of another life fading, it hurt them all greatly. In the meantime, they set up a new camp, on the shores between Water and Arcane, where Bog, Needleclaw, and Pathos went to work as fast as they could manage setting up a home in a seaside cave where they could stay warm. Seeing Truffle so sick had everyone scrambling to find her a place to get better- and this cave was as good as they could get. The sickly imperial constantly wanted company from her brother and sisters, which all three happily continued to give. It warmed Mythos' heart to see the four under blankets together, sharing bowls of soup and telling ghost stories, while they waited for Truffle to get better. Soon Aiden and Featherfoot had joined in the fun, and before long all the dragons were having a great time- bonding as they had been before. Even with illness creeping in from behind, an unbreakable bond had formed between all these dragons- one that only grew more as each hardship was faced. [nextcol][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yxyd4qum75srq85/icev2.png[/img][/columns] ----- @Jaspernoir @Atavan @WolfandCrow @bonibaru @Chloecat194 @DemonChild77 Today Mythos, Truffle, and Helena were picked to battle. Mythos and Helena did fine! Truffle... Not so much. I'm really thinking RNG wants Truffle to get hurt at this point. Mythos has not leveled up Truffle leveled up to level 5 Helena leveled up to level 4
PurJtbR.png
CHAPTER TWO
PART FOUR: ON THE ROAD
Sicklemaw Gar

icev2.png After a week was up, our group of "heroes" continued on. The four young imperials got no better, and Truffle was in the worst shape. She was constantly coughing and wheezing when she was not shivering so hard her body shook. Gemini used every spell in her book to try and help Truffle, but the effect was less like a cure and more like short-lasting cold medicine being used on someone with a flu.

Misteyes and Aero were not doing much better, but as long as they were warm enough the pair seemed okay. Helena, on the other claw, showed no sign of illness. Aiden got increasingly quiet, avoiding the group like a plague and walking several paces behind them. All around- the group was not doing well.

"Mom?" Helena asked, stumbling slightly as she hopped through the snow to Mythos.

"Yeah kiddo? You alright?"

"Are they gonna be alright?"

Mythos choked on her own spit, stumbling to a halt beside her daughter as everyone turned to look. The coatl huffed, raising a claw to signal she was fine.

"Wha- Of course they'll be fine!" Pathos quickly spoke, "Winter is a tough time for all of us, but we'll be warmer soon!"

"Then you four can all play together in trees and bushes, hide and seek will be so much fun!" Featherfoot added, "As long as I can join, that is."
Gemini and Eternity shared a look, knowing, as if they understood something the that nobody else had, although Pathos quickly caught the eyes of the girls and shared the same weak and obviously fake smile.

"It'll be alright, correct girls?" He pushed, begging silently.

The two nodded, hating to see the young parents so desperate for reassurance that their hatchlings would survive this. It broke Gemini's heart to see Mythos still grieving over Nixie, and now have to deal with her kids. The thought of another life fading, it hurt them all greatly.

In the meantime, they set up a new camp, on the shores between Water and Arcane, where Bog, Needleclaw, and Pathos went to work as fast as they could manage setting up a home in a seaside cave where they could stay warm. Seeing Truffle so sick had everyone scrambling to find her a place to get better- and this cave was as good as they could get.

The sickly imperial constantly wanted company from her brother and sisters, which all three happily continued to give. It warmed Mythos' heart to see the four under blankets together, sharing bowls of soup and telling ghost stories, while they waited for Truffle to get better. Soon Aiden and Featherfoot had joined in the fun, and before long all the dragons were having a great time- bonding as they had been before. Even with illness creeping in from behind, an unbreakable bond had formed between all these dragons- one that only grew more as each hardship was faced.
icev2.png

@Jaspernoir @Atavan @WolfandCrow @bonibaru @Chloecat194 @DemonChild77

Today Mythos, Truffle, and Helena were picked to battle. Mythos and Helena did fine! Truffle... Not so much. I'm really thinking RNG wants Truffle to get hurt at this point.

Mythos has not leveled up
Truffle leveled up to level 5
Helena leveled up to level 4
tumblr_nknb5ifvlX1s7y9wxo1_251.png ~+3 hrs FR Time
~I'm Very Awkward, Just Ignore It
~Guinea Pig Owner
dangerouswinters.png
TRUFFLE NO.
TRUFFLE NO.
qXSwF3U.png233SM6q.png Jay (she/her)

Tortoiseshell Tea Haus (a hatchery)
The Foxfire Fortune Clan (a biolocke)

The Melting Pot
Baldwin Manufacturing Plant
@Jaspernoir

RNG: Truffle yeeeeees
@Jaspernoir

RNG: Truffle yeeeeees
~Guinea Pig Owner
dangerouswinters.png
Lmao, she has character XD. Pinglist pls? :D
Lmao, she has character XD. Pinglist pls? :D

FaCKLHz.png
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Them FR 0:00
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Lore Notebook
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifDragon Trading (1:1)
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Basic to Rare Chall
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gifProgenitor Quest
arrow_left_by_drawn_mario-d7yqvjz.gif Clan Lore
@Tynethyne have a preference?

General Pinglist
only pinged for the actual writing

Pinglist+
pinged for the writing, as well as announcements

Pinglist X-treme
pinged for every post I make in regards to the pinkerlocke
@Tynethyne have a preference?

General Pinglist
only pinged for the actual writing

Pinglist+
pinged for the writing, as well as announcements

Pinglist X-treme
pinged for every post I make in regards to the pinkerlocke
~Guinea Pig Owner
dangerouswinters.png
@MitraSunshine X-Treme Please :D
@MitraSunshine X-Treme Please :D

FaCKLHz.png
@Tynethyne adding you right away!
@Tynethyne adding you right away!
~Guinea Pig Owner
dangerouswinters.png

FaCKLHz.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/PurJtbR.png[/img] [size=5][color=7CB0C9][u][b]CHAPTER TWO[/b][/u][/color][/size] [size=4][color=7CB0C9][u][b]PART FIVE: REST NOW[/b][/u][/color][/size] [item=battered shields][/center] ----- [columns][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yxyd4qum75srq85/icev2.png[/img] [nextcol]Misteyes woke up slowly, stretching and sneezing as he blinked. The young imperial was feeling particularly more sick then usual, and when he turned to wake up Truffle he nudged her gently. Truffle fell to the side at his touch, limp on the group and freezing cold, Misteyes startled, trying desperately to wake her up. In his hurry, Aero woke up as well, a running nose and sunken eyes as she looked beside her to her brother crying over Truffle's body. With a few failed attempts, Aero got up, running to her mothers side and crying loudly. By this time, Bog and Paige were wide awake- quickly followed by Eternity, Pathos and Gemini. Mythos ran to her child's side, in denial that Truffle had... Pathos eventually pulled her away, the coatl letting out a heartbreaking scream as everyone grieved. Aero was lying next to the darker imperials body, coughing and sneezing, and she too was fading. Gemini was frozen- certainly in shock- as Aero's breathing stopped suddenly. Mythos was sobbing loudly at her mate's side, Helena curling up under her chin as Pathos swooped Misteyes in the hug as well. Bog, Needleclaw, and Featherfoot went to work getting a grave ready, knowing the sooner the weak bodies were out of sight, the easier it would be to heal. No one wanted to admit that it was unlikely for Misteyes to survive as well, he was in hardly better shape then Aero had been- but Helena was trying her hardest to get better. [/columns] [columns]It had been a week, Mythos refused to leave her nook in the cave, refused to eat much, refused to let her surviving hatchlings out of her sight- she was struggling to get by. Gemini was also have trouble, constantly checking on everyone, practicing her healing powers on herself by intentionally getting hurt- staying awake the whole week trying to 'fix' herself. It hurt Pathos to see the two girls hurting so badly, he was taking time to hunt for the group, scavenging and gathering food. Every night he'd pray to the Arcanist for one more day with Misteyes, his hope holding strong. Eternity hated being the "leader" of the group... So she made Bog leader instead, and just hung out with her mate, Perpetuity, while everything went downhill. Anyone could admit it, the group was a grief stricken mess. Paige and Bog ended up leaving the large cave for a smaller one nearby, Needleclaw, Aiden, and Featherfoot helped making this place home- it was all they could do for the dragons they loved. It was all they could do, period. Mythos and Pathos needed time, Misteyes was in no condition to continue travelling, and Gemini... Gemini needed help they could not provide. The journey was not supposed to bring heartbreak, they were sure of it... [nextcol][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/yxyd4qum75srq85/icev2.png[/img][/columns] ----- @Jaspernoir @Atavan @WolfandCrow @bonibaru @Chloecat194 @DemonChild77 @Tynethyne Andddd for plot reasons, two of the 4 imp kids are no longer with us. As to be expected, Gemini is blaming herself a whole ton- and Mythos is very much done with this. The next few parts will be... Interesting to say the least.
PurJtbR.png
CHAPTER TWO
PART FIVE: REST NOW
Battered Shields

icev2.png Misteyes woke up slowly, stretching and sneezing as he blinked. The young imperial was feeling particularly more sick then usual, and when he turned to wake up Truffle he nudged her gently. Truffle fell to the side at his touch, limp on the group and freezing cold, Misteyes startled, trying desperately to wake her up.

In his hurry, Aero woke up as well, a running nose and sunken eyes as she looked beside her to her brother crying over Truffle's body. With a few failed attempts, Aero got up, running to her mothers side and crying loudly. By this time, Bog and Paige were wide awake- quickly followed by Eternity, Pathos and Gemini.

Mythos ran to her child's side, in denial that Truffle had...

Pathos eventually pulled her away, the coatl letting out a heartbreaking scream as everyone grieved. Aero was lying next to the darker imperials body, coughing and sneezing, and she too was fading. Gemini was frozen- certainly in shock- as Aero's breathing stopped suddenly.

Mythos was sobbing loudly at her mate's side, Helena curling up under her chin as Pathos swooped Misteyes in the hug as well. Bog, Needleclaw, and Featherfoot went to work getting a grave ready, knowing the sooner the weak bodies were out of sight, the easier it would be to heal.

No one wanted to admit that it was unlikely for Misteyes to survive as well, he was in hardly better shape then Aero had been- but Helena was trying her hardest to get better.
It had been a week, Mythos refused to leave her nook in the cave, refused to eat much, refused to let her surviving hatchlings out of her sight- she was struggling to get by. Gemini was also have trouble, constantly checking on everyone, practicing her healing powers on herself by intentionally getting hurt- staying awake the whole week trying to 'fix' herself.

It hurt Pathos to see the two girls hurting so badly, he was taking time to hunt for the group, scavenging and gathering food. Every night he'd pray to the Arcanist for one more day with Misteyes, his hope holding strong.

Eternity hated being the "leader" of the group...

So she made Bog leader instead, and just hung out with her mate, Perpetuity, while everything went downhill. Anyone could admit it, the group was a grief stricken mess.

Paige and Bog ended up leaving the large cave for a smaller one nearby, Needleclaw, Aiden, and Featherfoot helped making this place home- it was all they could do for the dragons they loved. It was all they could do, period. Mythos and Pathos needed time, Misteyes was in no condition to continue travelling, and Gemini... Gemini needed help they could not provide.

The journey was not supposed to bring heartbreak, they were sure of it...
icev2.png

@Jaspernoir @Atavan @WolfandCrow @bonibaru @Chloecat194 @DemonChild77 @Tynethyne

Andddd for plot reasons, two of the 4 imp kids are no longer with us. As to be expected, Gemini is blaming herself a whole ton- and Mythos is very much done with this.

The next few parts will be... Interesting to say the least.
~Guinea Pig Owner
dangerouswinters.png
@Jaspernoir @Atavan @WolfandCrow @bonibaru @Chloecat194 @DemonChild77 @Tynethyne
Due to my ideas running thin, just for this week there may-or-may-not be updates. You'll see why I need time to think it up soon- and I believe you'll all like the result.

Until then, I will give you the amazing news that is- This pinkerlocke is nowhere near done and the plot is only beginning right about....

...wait for it....

Now. Today, right here right now.
E
Due to my ideas running thin, just for this week there may-or-may-not be updates. You'll see why I need time to think it up soon- and I believe you'll all like the result.

Until then, I will give you the amazing news that is- This pinkerlocke is nowhere near done and the plot is only beginning right about....

...wait for it....

Now. Today, right here right now.
E
~Guinea Pig Owner
dangerouswinters.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10