Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The RGB Brigade (Lore coli challenge)
1 2
In honor of the fact that I just recently got my vanity project coli team to level 25, I want to start my very own [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1832206]10-Drop Coliseum Challenge![/url] Original rules (by Zyxx) are in the link, but basically the gist is that you start in a venue, grind in that venue until you get 10 interesting/notable drops, then you move on to another venue. No repeats, but breaks are allowed. I'll just be going through all the venues in order, but there is no reason you have to do this. To make it more interesting, I'll be lore-ing it up with aforementioned coli team, to hopefully get some more character development on them. They're a troupe of 3 young Imperial women, all transplants to a Lightning flight lair, who enjoy living it up and causing trouble together in their off time. Together, they form... [center][b]The RGB Brigade![/b][/center] [center][u][i]Red: Rhuella[/i][/u][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=43090245] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/430903/43090245_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Rhuella is the daughter of a spirit of lust and an unnamed mother. Some of her father's magic bled over into her, which led her to pursue a career as an assassin, specializing in killing any targets attracted to women. She gained a somewhat undeserved reputation as a protector of women as a result. Rhuella craved nobility, legitimacy, and so took up the mantle of a guardsdragon. Rude, standoffish, and performatively Woke(TM), Rhuella is having to unlearn all the toxic nonsense she picked up along the course of her short but very productive career. Maela and Wave are her only friends, and she will not hesitate to do Horrible Things to anyone who would threaten them. [center][u][i]Green: Maela[/i][/u][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41855731] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/418558/41855731_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Maela is a second-generation Imperial, daughter of the god-touched [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=view&id=65731&tab=dragon&did=14531661]Zia(now Enkai)[/url]. This makes her a princess in her own right, with massively powerful magical reserves to match... although she would never, ever tell you that. She fled her heritage, and all the pressure that came with it, to make her living as a jeweler. Warriors sought her out for her armor, which was forged with magic to protect against the Shade. Royals sought her out for her intricate and ever-gorgeous jewelry. For herself, though, Maela remains humble... and vigilant. Always a bit testy. Always sarcastic. Always a bit on edge. Always ready to defend herself from those who want a piece of her. All those hidden frustrations seem to come out in full force in battle, where she leads the charge with a mighty scream and a howling maelstrom of claws and teeth. She only seems to relax around her mate, Wave. Maela loves Rhuella dearly as well, in a different sense, though the red imperial irritates her fairly often. [center][u][i]Blue: Wave[/i][/u][/center] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42321417] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/423215/42321417_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] Wave is an oracle, and an uncommonly gifted one at that. Growing up, she attempted to warn her clanmates away from danger. At first, she despaired for them when they didn't listen. Then, she despaired for herself when they [i]did.[/i] She was locked away in a gilded cage, and when the confinement and pressure to mate with similarly gifted males became too much to bear, she fled. Wave chased fleeting visions of Maela all across the globe, learning to fight despite the fact that she is blind outside water. She uses her prophetic gifts to compensate, making her eerily silent in battle and in flight. Wave is patient, but very nervous in personality. She loves Maela more than life itself, though, and thinks of Rhuella as a sister to be taught and guided. Wave is nurturing and kind, but trying to take advantage of her, her mate, or their gifts can often lead to a surprisingly quick strike. [center][b]The Supporting Cast[/b][/center] [center][i]Bluebell[/i][/center] [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/616.png[/img][/center] Wave's Bluefin Charger. Male. Very mild future sight. Adores Wave, terrified of Rhuella, will tolerate handling by Maela, grouchy and bitey toward everyone else. He's as loyal and eager to please as a puppy where Wave is concerned, but everyone else can shove it unless they have food. He likes to bring back little hunting "presents" and deposit them at Wave's feet. Sassy little creature. Hates being dirty. [center][i]Hrothga-syl aka "Rothy"[/i][/center] [center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/familiar/art/6338.png[/img][/center] A Painted Centaur with four white feet who has learned some rudimentary Draconic. Male. Hrothga-syl is from a small, isolated sect of centaurs. They have uncommon, though not entirely unknown, traditions among their kind. He is undergoing his Proving, which is a tradition where young males among the herd must prove themselves worthy to be men. They do this by performing a task, usually dangerous but not always, that benefits the herd and demonstrates the proficiency of the individual stallion. Going up to a trio of aggressive dragons, all three of which are in peak fighting condition, and throwing himself at their mercy is considered [i]suicidally dangerous[/i] among his kin. Luckily for him, Rhuella is curious about him and his people. We'll learn more about him.
In honor of the fact that I just recently got my vanity project coli team to level 25, I want to start my very own 10-Drop Coliseum Challenge! Original rules (by Zyxx) are in the link, but basically the gist is that you start in a venue, grind in that venue until you get 10 interesting/notable drops, then you move on to another venue. No repeats, but breaks are allowed. I'll just be going through all the venues in order, but there is no reason you have to do this.

To make it more interesting, I'll be lore-ing it up with aforementioned coli team, to hopefully get some more character development on them. They're a troupe of 3 young Imperial women, all transplants to a Lightning flight lair, who enjoy living it up and causing trouble together in their off time. Together, they form...
The RGB Brigade!

Red: Rhuella

Rhuella is the daughter of a spirit of lust and an unnamed mother. Some of her father's magic bled over into her, which led her to pursue a career as an assassin, specializing in killing any targets attracted to women. She gained a somewhat undeserved reputation as a protector of women as a result. Rhuella craved nobility, legitimacy, and so took up the mantle of a guardsdragon. Rude, standoffish, and performatively Woke(TM), Rhuella is having to unlearn all the toxic nonsense she picked up along the course of her short but very productive career. Maela and Wave are her only friends, and she will not hesitate to do Horrible Things to anyone who would threaten them.
Green: Maela

Maela is a second-generation Imperial, daughter of the god-touched Zia(now Enkai). This makes her a princess in her own right, with massively powerful magical reserves to match... although she would never, ever tell you that. She fled her heritage, and all the pressure that came with it, to make her living as a jeweler. Warriors sought her out for her armor, which was forged with magic to protect against the Shade. Royals sought her out for her intricate and ever-gorgeous jewelry. For herself, though, Maela remains humble... and vigilant. Always a bit testy. Always sarcastic. Always a bit on edge. Always ready to defend herself from those who want a piece of her. All those hidden frustrations seem to come out in full force in battle, where she leads the charge with a mighty scream and a howling maelstrom of claws and teeth. She only seems to relax around her mate, Wave. Maela loves Rhuella dearly as well, in a different sense, though the red imperial irritates her fairly often.
Blue: Wave

Wave is an oracle, and an uncommonly gifted one at that. Growing up, she attempted to warn her clanmates away from danger. At first, she despaired for them when they didn't listen. Then, she despaired for herself when they did. She was locked away in a gilded cage, and when the confinement and pressure to mate with similarly gifted males became too much to bear, she fled. Wave chased fleeting visions of Maela all across the globe, learning to fight despite the fact that she is blind outside water. She uses her prophetic gifts to compensate, making her eerily silent in battle and in flight. Wave is patient, but very nervous in personality. She loves Maela more than life itself, though, and thinks of Rhuella as a sister to be taught and guided. Wave is nurturing and kind, but trying to take advantage of her, her mate, or their gifts can often lead to a surprisingly quick strike.
The Supporting Cast
Bluebell
616.png

Wave's Bluefin Charger. Male. Very mild future sight. Adores Wave, terrified of Rhuella, will tolerate handling by Maela, grouchy and bitey toward everyone else. He's as loyal and eager to please as a puppy where Wave is concerned, but everyone else can shove it unless they have food. He likes to bring back little hunting "presents" and deposit them at Wave's feet. Sassy little creature. Hates being dirty.
Hrothga-syl aka "Rothy"
6338.png

A Painted Centaur with four white feet who has learned some rudimentary Draconic. Male. Hrothga-syl is from a small, isolated sect of centaurs. They have uncommon, though not entirely unknown, traditions among their kind. He is undergoing his Proving, which is a tradition where young males among the herd must prove themselves worthy to be men. They do this by performing a task, usually dangerous but not always, that benefits the herd and demonstrates the proficiency of the individual stallion. Going up to a trio of aggressive dragons, all three of which are in peak fighting condition, and throwing himself at their mercy is considered suicidally dangerous among his kin. Luckily for him, Rhuella is curious about him and his people. We'll learn more about him.
hoMNYDJ.png
[center][b]Drop List[/b][/center] [quote=TrainingFields][item=leafy pack] x3[item=minor health potion]x2[item=broken flower pot][item=plantation pincher][item=harvest hardshell]x2[item=primrose mith][/quote] [quote=WoodlandPath][item=bluefin charger][item=minor health potion][item=leafy pack]x2[item=natural might fragment][item=leaf bolt][item=wildwood owl][item=fiery acuity fragment][item=vile bolt][item=concentration][/quote] [quote=ScorchedForest][item=augite protector]x3[item=vista: scorched forest] [item=painted centaur]x2[item=smoke gyre crate][item=berserker][item=bloodscale shoulder guards][item=moss-covered golem][/quote] [quote=SandsweptDelta][item=fuiran]x2[item=opheodrys serthis]x3[item=iridescent scaleback crate][item=bloodscale tail guard][item=veteran's leg scars][item=iridescent scales crate][item=carmine serthis][/quote] [quote=BloomingGrove][item=wood ear deer]x2 [item=blooming woodmask][item=lilium floron][item=spotted faun][item=white rot deer]x2 [item= moonlight fungi][item=five-toed pilco][item=undergrowth shovelsnout][/quote] [quote=ForgottenCave][/quote] [quote=BambooFalls][/quote] [quote=RedrockCove][/quote] [quote=Waterway][/quote] [quote=Arena][/quote] [quote=VolcanicVents][/quote] [quote=RainsongJungle][/quote] [quote=BorealWood][/quote] [quote=CrystalPools][/quote] [quote=HarpysRoost][/quote] [quote=GhostlightRuins][/quote] [quote=Mire][/quote] [quote=KelpBeds][/quote] [quote=GolemWorkshop][/quote]
Drop List
TrainingFields wrote:
Leafy Pack x3 Minor Health Potion x2 Broken Flower Pot Plantation Pincher Harvest Hardshell x2 Primrose Mith
WoodlandPath wrote:
Bluefin Charger Minor Health Potion Leafy Pack x2 Natural Might Fragment Leaf Bolt Wildwood Owl Fiery Acuity Fragment Vile Bolt Concentration
ScorchedForest wrote:
Augite Protector x3 Vista: Scorched Forest Painted Centaur x2 Smoke Gyre Crate Berserker Bloodscale Shoulder Guards Moss-Covered Golem
SandsweptDelta wrote:
Fuiran x2 Opheodrys Serthis x3 Iridescent Scaleback Crate Bloodscale Tail Guard Veteran's Leg Scars Iridescent Scales Crate Carmine Serthis
BloomingGrove wrote:
Wood Ear Deer x2 Blooming Woodmask Lilium Floron Spotted Faun White Rot Deer x2 Moonlight Fungi Five-toed Pilco Undergrowth Shovelsnout
ForgottenCave wrote:
BambooFalls wrote:
RedrockCove wrote:
Waterway wrote:
Arena wrote:
VolcanicVents wrote:
RainsongJungle wrote:
BorealWood wrote:
CrystalPools wrote:
HarpysRoost wrote:
GhostlightRuins wrote:
Mire wrote:
KelpBeds wrote:
GolemWorkshop wrote:
hoMNYDJ.png
Story Links

If you don't want to sift through the chatter and just want to read the story, I got you covered.

Chapter 0: Origins
Chapter 1: Training Fields
Chapter 2: Woodland Path
Chapter 3: Scorched Forest
Chapter 4: Sandswept Delta
Chapter 5: Blooming grove
Story Links

If you don't want to sift through the chatter and just want to read the story, I got you covered.

Chapter 3: Scorched Forest
Chapter 4: Sandswept Delta
Chapter 5: Blooming grove
hoMNYDJ.png
Pinglist

@Azzeh @Erisna

If you want to be pinged each time I upload some story, you can totally ask to be put on the pinglist!
Pinglist

@Azzeh @Erisna

If you want to be pinged each time I upload some story, you can totally ask to be put on the pinglist!
hoMNYDJ.png
News

Maybe I'll run a crossover! Maybe I'll run a contest! Maybe I'll do something else! YoU nEvEr KnOw!1!1!
News

Maybe I'll run a crossover! Maybe I'll run a contest! Maybe I'll do something else! YoU nEvEr KnOw!1!1!
hoMNYDJ.png
@Kaelum @Erisna @sykotikkytten @Ahillamon @fairyn @shanncrafter @Vestasam568 @neonopaldragon14

Hey guys! So like, AGES ago y'all said you wanted to be on a pinglist for any future lore projects I made. Welp, I'm doing another lore project! hopefully this one will actually get me off my rump and writing again. If you want updates, I'll totally plop you on the pinglist.
@Kaelum @Erisna @sykotikkytten @Ahillamon @fairyn @shanncrafter @Vestasam568 @neonopaldragon14

Hey guys! So like, AGES ago y'all said you wanted to be on a pinglist for any future lore projects I made. Welp, I'm doing another lore project! hopefully this one will actually get me off my rump and writing again. If you want updates, I'll totally plop you on the pinglist.
hoMNYDJ.png

The mighty Wave Sweeper let out a deep, ugly little rattle as it settled to the sea bed, the light finally fading from its eyes. It had been an arduous battle, but they'd won it, and theirs for the taking were the spoils.

"An old helmet? Grody," Rhuella griped, picking up the barnacle-encrusted 'treasure' between her thumb and foreclaw. "Like, why don't we ever get anything good? It's such a waste of our %#$@ing time."

"Hey now, it is not so bad," Wave interjected. "This stingray is really good food. We will be able to have a nice cookout between the three of us once we breach the surace. Not to mention all the other stuff we get to haul back to our clanmates. It is not a waste of time."

"T'be honest with ya', dear, I kinda get it." Maela rolled her shoulders. "We've been fightin' and trainin' all throughout Drakeharvest. We're as strong as dragons git. An' all we got t'show for it is an old helmet an' piles o' garbage."

Wave sighed and looked away. "I suppose... Hm. I may have an idea." She snapped her fingers. "A challenge! A quest! Just like the knights of old!"

Maela tilted her head, politely waiting for Wave to continue. Rhuella, however, spat hair out of her face. "Um, excuse me, the image of the knight is so problematic I don't even know where to begin. Like, can you say mysogyny, much? And furthermore--"

"'Ey. Rhu. That ain't universal t'all clans or all flights, nor was it even common outside that one author you read. An' yer doin' it again."

"Mm. Well, I don't think I was out of line calling out--"

"Y'were. Hush." Maela gently patted Rhuella's claw to soften the rebuke... not that Rhuella glared much less. If there was anything the red imperial hated more than being corrected, it was being corrected by someone who had more expertise on the topic at hand. Maela had actually lived in a court, with actual knights, and actual libraries of courtly history, in her early life. So had Wave. Rhuella had only had passing exposure to it.

"As I was saying-- a quest," Wave continued. "A quest, as knights of any gender may have taken in the olden days. I propose that we start in the training fields, where the young go. We do not leave until we have collected ten treasures worthy of such mighty and fierce adventurers as ourselves."

"And then?" Rhuella snapped, interested despite her fuming.

"And then, dear sister, we continue. We continue until we have collected ten treasures worthy of us from each corner of the world. We use our newfound strength. We find things along the way that we like. We grow stronger in mind as well as in body!"

"Hell, I'm in." Maela beamed. "Let's git this all cooked up, then we head. Sound good, Rhu?"

Rhuella looked between them, pausing a moment. They'd just corrected her... and now they wanted to include her? Despite this having been the pattern for years, it still came as a new concept to the red imperial.

"It would not be the same without you," Wave pointed out, extending a claw.

"...yeah, okay," Rhuella responded, a grateful smile on her face. Maela gave her a gentle noogie, then the three of them headed for the surface. The Training Fields wouldn't know what hit them.

The mighty Wave Sweeper let out a deep, ugly little rattle as it settled to the sea bed, the light finally fading from its eyes. It had been an arduous battle, but they'd won it, and theirs for the taking were the spoils.

"An old helmet? Grody," Rhuella griped, picking up the barnacle-encrusted 'treasure' between her thumb and foreclaw. "Like, why don't we ever get anything good? It's such a waste of our %#$@ing time."

"Hey now, it is not so bad," Wave interjected. "This stingray is really good food. We will be able to have a nice cookout between the three of us once we breach the surace. Not to mention all the other stuff we get to haul back to our clanmates. It is not a waste of time."

"T'be honest with ya', dear, I kinda get it." Maela rolled her shoulders. "We've been fightin' and trainin' all throughout Drakeharvest. We're as strong as dragons git. An' all we got t'show for it is an old helmet an' piles o' garbage."

Wave sighed and looked away. "I suppose... Hm. I may have an idea." She snapped her fingers. "A challenge! A quest! Just like the knights of old!"

Maela tilted her head, politely waiting for Wave to continue. Rhuella, however, spat hair out of her face. "Um, excuse me, the image of the knight is so problematic I don't even know where to begin. Like, can you say mysogyny, much? And furthermore--"

"'Ey. Rhu. That ain't universal t'all clans or all flights, nor was it even common outside that one author you read. An' yer doin' it again."

"Mm. Well, I don't think I was out of line calling out--"

"Y'were. Hush." Maela gently patted Rhuella's claw to soften the rebuke... not that Rhuella glared much less. If there was anything the red imperial hated more than being corrected, it was being corrected by someone who had more expertise on the topic at hand. Maela had actually lived in a court, with actual knights, and actual libraries of courtly history, in her early life. So had Wave. Rhuella had only had passing exposure to it.

"As I was saying-- a quest," Wave continued. "A quest, as knights of any gender may have taken in the olden days. I propose that we start in the training fields, where the young go. We do not leave until we have collected ten treasures worthy of such mighty and fierce adventurers as ourselves."

"And then?" Rhuella snapped, interested despite her fuming.

"And then, dear sister, we continue. We continue until we have collected ten treasures worthy of us from each corner of the world. We use our newfound strength. We find things along the way that we like. We grow stronger in mind as well as in body!"

"Hell, I'm in." Maela beamed. "Let's git this all cooked up, then we head. Sound good, Rhu?"

Rhuella looked between them, pausing a moment. They'd just corrected her... and now they wanted to include her? Despite this having been the pattern for years, it still came as a new concept to the red imperial.

"It would not be the same without you," Wave pointed out, extending a claw.

"...yeah, okay," Rhuella responded, a grateful smile on her face. Maela gave her a gentle noogie, then the three of them headed for the surface. The Training Fields wouldn't know what hit them.
hoMNYDJ.png

"Ahaha, this brings me back," Maela told her companions with a hearty chuckle. They touched down in the rolling meadows of the Training Fields, where dragons barely more than hatchlings were trying out their claws for the first time in earnest. The coordinated team looked out of place here, but Maela suspected they'd be out of place for a long while yet on their journey.

"Before we begin, we should define what exactly a treasure should mean to us, so that we know when to move on," Wave pointed out.

"Well, any creature that wants to follow us home, obviously," Rhuella started. "Treasure chests too."

"Anything that gives us new battle abilities. But only th'good ones. Basically I'm talkin' Eliminate, Ambush, or Berserker," Maela added.

"Clothing," Wave suggested, "and unhatched eggs."

"Eggs?" Rhuella scoffed. "Why eggs? Are you saying &@$%ing kids are treasures now?"

"I would say children are treasures, yes," Wave replied. "We can sell the eggs as well, though."

"Ah, okay." Rhuella shrugged, satisfied. As long as it was pitched in a way that would have value to her, she could tolerate eggs and hatchlings. "How about genes?"

"Yeah, definitely gene scrolls. Millie's been wantin' a Python gene fer a while now." Maela stretched. "Should we get to it?"

Rhuella's mood improved drastically as the day went on. She took the lead, squishing and stomping the tiny enemies in front of her with barely an effort. Mostly, all Maela and Wave had to do was pick up the pieces that followed. They ended up with a few bits and bobs that had treasure in them, some potions, and a few crabs that tried to pinch their supplies. Oh, and one absolutely terrified mith that hid behind Wave rather than suffer a squishing under Rhuella's feet. The three gals made camp at the edge of the Woodland Path, preparing for their next adventure. All of them knew it wouldn't be this easy forever. All of them relished the idea of the upcoming challenge.

"Ahaha, this brings me back," Maela told her companions with a hearty chuckle. They touched down in the rolling meadows of the Training Fields, where dragons barely more than hatchlings were trying out their claws for the first time in earnest. The coordinated team looked out of place here, but Maela suspected they'd be out of place for a long while yet on their journey.

"Before we begin, we should define what exactly a treasure should mean to us, so that we know when to move on," Wave pointed out.

"Well, any creature that wants to follow us home, obviously," Rhuella started. "Treasure chests too."

"Anything that gives us new battle abilities. But only th'good ones. Basically I'm talkin' Eliminate, Ambush, or Berserker," Maela added.

"Clothing," Wave suggested, "and unhatched eggs."

"Eggs?" Rhuella scoffed. "Why eggs? Are you saying &@$%ing kids are treasures now?"

"I would say children are treasures, yes," Wave replied. "We can sell the eggs as well, though."

"Ah, okay." Rhuella shrugged, satisfied. As long as it was pitched in a way that would have value to her, she could tolerate eggs and hatchlings. "How about genes?"

"Yeah, definitely gene scrolls. Millie's been wantin' a Python gene fer a while now." Maela stretched. "Should we get to it?"

Rhuella's mood improved drastically as the day went on. She took the lead, squishing and stomping the tiny enemies in front of her with barely an effort. Mostly, all Maela and Wave had to do was pick up the pieces that followed. They ended up with a few bits and bobs that had treasure in them, some potions, and a few crabs that tried to pinch their supplies. Oh, and one absolutely terrified mith that hid behind Wave rather than suffer a squishing under Rhuella's feet. The three gals made camp at the edge of the Woodland Path, preparing for their next adventure. All of them knew it wouldn't be this easy forever. All of them relished the idea of the upcoming challenge.
hoMNYDJ.png
Ooh, fun! Can you ping me when you update? (And feel free to ping me on any and all new writing things you start!)
Ooh, fun! Can you ping me when you update? (And feel free to ping me on any and all new writing things you start!)
Looking for 27s! Help me out? // She/hers pronouns please. :)
WEAK for matchy accent colors on G1s and old dragons.
@Azzeh @Erisna

The three women set off the next morning, breaking camp when the sun was fairly high in the sky. Rhuella took the lead, as always, tearing her way through the various wildlife that had the misfortune to be anywhere near the triad. Maela occasionally swatted down some poor critter as well. For Wave, their time in the Woodland Path amounted to little more than a leisurely walk. She didn't even bother using her gifts to see, and instead just let Maela guide her down the path. It was peaceful, in its way, despite the sounds of squishing and stomping and poor sad animals fleeing in terror.

One of the creatures ducked around Rhuella, hopped out of the way of Maela's claws, and wriggled its way under Wave's wing, shaking and terrified. Wave coaxed it out of hiding and started to handle it, gently running the pads of her toes over its skin. Getting it used to handling, even at this early stage. "My love, what color is this creature?"

"Blue an' white."

"This is a Bluefin Charger. A noble creature, and a formidable hunter in winter. Usually, they are found further south. Do you see its fins, here? It is an uncommonly good swimmer."

Rhuella approached to look at the Charger, and it immediately bolted to hide under Wave's wing again. Wave coaxed it out again, this time extending one of her wings to cover the creature. It took one look at Rhuella and wet itself. More gentle words from Wave, and it finally allowed Rhuella to have a look... although not without shaking and whimpering.

Wave let it go completely, but it immediately darted underneath her belly and stayed there. Wave shrugged. "Okay, small one. Okay." She reached down to pet it. "Bluebell. I will have to train you, of course. We will get some meat and work on behaviors."

Maela blinked. "I didn't expect 'im to do that."

Wave smiled sadly. "Some are born with mild future sight. It is the burden of those who spend much time in the water. This young male sees in me something that will benefit his survival. Besides, I find them cute." Wave picked up the charger and set it on top of her back, where it immediately hunkered down beside her mane.

"That's wicked cool. You think one's gonna ever like me like that?" Rhuella asked, a twinge of jealousy on her face.

"Perhaps, in time. Many creatures respect strength. Perhaps you will defeat something truly strong, and it will respect you enough to follow you. Or perhaps something small will turn to you for protection, as Bluebell has to me."

"Yeah... maybe I'll have a wartoad! Or a Wave Sweeper!"

As the day wore on, they picked up a few items, most of which would benefit their clanmates more than them. A wildwood owl decided to tag along with them rather than suffer a squishing or chomping, but didn't bond as strongly to anyone as Bluebell had to his new dragon. The charger spent that night curled up in the end of Wave's tail, sleeping better than he ever had as a wild creature. Something told him that he was safe now, under the protection of one of the three mightiest creatures he'd ever seen in his entire short life.
@Azzeh @Erisna

The three women set off the next morning, breaking camp when the sun was fairly high in the sky. Rhuella took the lead, as always, tearing her way through the various wildlife that had the misfortune to be anywhere near the triad. Maela occasionally swatted down some poor critter as well. For Wave, their time in the Woodland Path amounted to little more than a leisurely walk. She didn't even bother using her gifts to see, and instead just let Maela guide her down the path. It was peaceful, in its way, despite the sounds of squishing and stomping and poor sad animals fleeing in terror.

One of the creatures ducked around Rhuella, hopped out of the way of Maela's claws, and wriggled its way under Wave's wing, shaking and terrified. Wave coaxed it out of hiding and started to handle it, gently running the pads of her toes over its skin. Getting it used to handling, even at this early stage. "My love, what color is this creature?"

"Blue an' white."

"This is a Bluefin Charger. A noble creature, and a formidable hunter in winter. Usually, they are found further south. Do you see its fins, here? It is an uncommonly good swimmer."

Rhuella approached to look at the Charger, and it immediately bolted to hide under Wave's wing again. Wave coaxed it out again, this time extending one of her wings to cover the creature. It took one look at Rhuella and wet itself. More gentle words from Wave, and it finally allowed Rhuella to have a look... although not without shaking and whimpering.

Wave let it go completely, but it immediately darted underneath her belly and stayed there. Wave shrugged. "Okay, small one. Okay." She reached down to pet it. "Bluebell. I will have to train you, of course. We will get some meat and work on behaviors."

Maela blinked. "I didn't expect 'im to do that."

Wave smiled sadly. "Some are born with mild future sight. It is the burden of those who spend much time in the water. This young male sees in me something that will benefit his survival. Besides, I find them cute." Wave picked up the charger and set it on top of her back, where it immediately hunkered down beside her mane.

"That's wicked cool. You think one's gonna ever like me like that?" Rhuella asked, a twinge of jealousy on her face.

"Perhaps, in time. Many creatures respect strength. Perhaps you will defeat something truly strong, and it will respect you enough to follow you. Or perhaps something small will turn to you for protection, as Bluebell has to me."

"Yeah... maybe I'll have a wartoad! Or a Wave Sweeper!"

As the day wore on, they picked up a few items, most of which would benefit their clanmates more than them. A wildwood owl decided to tag along with them rather than suffer a squishing or chomping, but didn't bond as strongly to anyone as Bluebell had to his new dragon. The charger spent that night curled up in the end of Wave's tail, sleeping better than he ever had as a wild creature. Something told him that he was safe now, under the protection of one of the three mightiest creatures he'd ever seen in his entire short life.
hoMNYDJ.png
1 2