Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [P] Blood Curse (a lorelocke)
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/battle_items/676.png[/img] @fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer *mournful violin* ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST! Ok, that sounds weird together in my head. Ugh, I'm starting to hate the coliseum. --------------------------------------- Anicetus huddle in the lee of a large tree deep in the Tangled Wood. Was he feverish in the literal and figurative sense of the word? Yes. Was he, perhaps, insane from grief and a desire for vengeance, as Ambrosius the Brute had said the last time they'd spoken almost a year ago? Probably. Would he stop his actions now, when he was so close to finding his mother's killer? Absolutely not. He'd found a recipe for a spell that would show you whomever you most wanted to find. While a small voice in his mind reminded him how little practice he had compared to his mother, the rest of his thoughts focused solely on making the spell work. He talked aloud to himself as he did. "Sigil here and here... Hah! Just like the image!" Anicetus sat back to admire his work. Just for a moment, he wished his brother were here beside him, even with that spotted wretch. Then he shook himself. Ambrosius hated their mother; why he had no idea. Perhaps he would ask, once he had vengeance and the time to track him down. A surge of magic activated the spell. He waited eagerly, neck craning forward for the expected image. A flash of light, and he was staring into the faces of dragons who were very clearly dead. Flesh had rotted off the largest one completely. The other two... Anicetus yelped, static bolts of fear shoving him backwards. As quickly as it happened the vision disappeared, leaving him cowering in the light of the sigil. Sucking air into his lungs, the gray dragon crouched to the ground, whimpering like a hatchling. "Th-that's not what's supposed to happen," he complained to the empty air. Anicetus advanced on the sigil, frowning. It wasn't working at all. "Did I do something wrong?" he wondered. A glance at the page told him otherwise. Anicetus snarled and broke the magic with a swipe of his claws in the dirt. "Fraud!" he roared into the night. A few days later, in another part of Sornieth, a more powerful sorcerer smirked as his next target revealed their hiding place. "And another loose end ties itself," he remarked. "Now to find the other one."
676.png

@fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer

*mournful violin* ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST!

Ok, that sounds weird together in my head. Ugh, I'm starting to hate the coliseum.

Anicetus huddle in the lee of a large tree deep in the Tangled Wood. Was he feverish in the literal and figurative sense of the word? Yes. Was he, perhaps, insane from grief and a desire for vengeance, as Ambrosius the Brute had said the last time they'd spoken almost a year ago? Probably. Would he stop his actions now, when he was so close to finding his mother's killer? Absolutely not.

He'd found a recipe for a spell that would show you whomever you most wanted to find. While a small voice in his mind reminded him how little practice he had compared to his mother, the rest of his thoughts focused solely on making the spell work. He talked aloud to himself as he did. "Sigil here and here... Hah! Just like the image!"

Anicetus sat back to admire his work. Just for a moment, he wished his brother were here beside him, even with that spotted wretch. Then he shook himself. Ambrosius hated their mother; why he had no idea. Perhaps he would ask, once he had vengeance and the time to track him down. A surge of magic activated the spell. He waited eagerly, neck craning forward for the expected image.

A flash of light, and he was staring into the faces of dragons who were very clearly dead. Flesh had rotted off the largest one completely. The other two... Anicetus yelped, static bolts of fear shoving him backwards. As quickly as it happened the vision disappeared, leaving him cowering in the light of the sigil. Sucking air into his lungs, the gray dragon crouched to the ground, whimpering like a hatchling. "Th-that's not what's supposed to happen," he complained to the empty air.

Anicetus advanced on the sigil, frowning. It wasn't working at all. "Did I do something wrong?" he wondered. A glance at the page told him otherwise. Anicetus snarled and broke the magic with a swipe of his claws in the dirt. "Fraud!" he roared into the night.

A few days later, in another part of Sornieth, a more powerful sorcerer smirked as his next target revealed their hiding place. "And another loose end ties itself," he remarked. "Now to find the other one."
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/3392.png[/img] @fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer Belenos and Elunaria wegged me, so the era of peace will continue! :) Hard to believe this is the 8th generation already, just 2 more to go! And guess what: finally got the wings to upgrade into uncommon territory! Now if I can just get Python out of the gene pool before this ends... that gene is freaking hardy, it's gone through four generations at this point. ------------------------------------------------------------------ [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52068519] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/520686/52068519_350.png[/img] [/url] The little Skydancer huddled by her mother as her parents argued over a name, happily playing with a bell-studded toy and apparently unaware of what was going on. "She should have a name of her own," Elunaria insisted. "But she's just like my grandfather in reverse," Belenos pointed out. "Why not name her after him?" "Irving is a horrible name for a female," the Imperial asserted. "She needs something softer." "I can agree with that," Blossom remarked from the sidelines. Eltanin nodded along. Belenos looked miffed. "Then what would you suggest?" "Like I said, something softer, like Brienne - though that doesn't seem quite right," Elunaria admitted, glancing at her daughter. "Malachite? For her markings?" Eltanin thought aloud. "They remind me of the stone." "Hmm, that sounds close... Maybe a mixture of the two... Maielle?" Elunaria glanced down at the baby dragon, the bell jingling across the floor. Little Maielle let out a cry and chased after the bell like a cat. The name did roll off the tongue quite well. "Maielle it is, then." ------------------------------------- In another part of the cliff, Ambrosius and Rashada watched as a single egg began to crack. While it had begun to wiggle hours ago, the others had not made a single movement, and had not remained warm after Rashada removed herself. Today would be a bittersweet one, it appeared. A bright gold set of claws shoved through the shell. "Ooh! Look at that!" Rashada squealed. The shell quickly broke apart after that, disgorging a yellow and black Pearlcatcher. She stared up at her parents with big green eyes. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=52068527] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/520686/52068527_350.png[/img] [/url] "She looks like a bumblebee," Ambrosius remarked, amused, as the hatchling applied herself to devouring her shell. "Or like fool's gold, trapped in rock," Rashada put in. "I like that - the gold part, at least," he said. "How about Aurelia, then? It's an old name for something golden." "And just as pretentious as my name," Ambrosius muttered. "Well, you didn't turn out so bad, and you weren't even raised right," Rashada pointed out. "If we raise her right, she'll never have a chance of being pretentious." "Yeah." Far below the little happy family, black ooze wept over the rocks, sinking into the dirt beneath.
3392.png

Belenos and Elunaria wegged me, so the era of peace will continue! :) Hard to believe this is the 8th generation already, just 2 more to go! And guess what: finally got the wings to upgrade into uncommon territory! Now if I can just get Python out of the gene pool before this ends... that gene is freaking hardy, it's gone through four generations at this point.

52068519_350.png

The little Skydancer huddled by her mother as her parents argued over a name, happily playing with a bell-studded toy and apparently unaware of what was going on.

"She should have a name of her own," Elunaria insisted.

"But she's just like my grandfather in reverse," Belenos pointed out. "Why not name her after him?"

"Irving is a horrible name for a female," the Imperial asserted. "She needs something softer."

"I can agree with that," Blossom remarked from the sidelines. Eltanin nodded along.

Belenos looked miffed. "Then what would you suggest?"

"Like I said, something softer, like Brienne - though that doesn't seem quite right," Elunaria admitted, glancing at her daughter.

"Malachite? For her markings?" Eltanin thought aloud. "They remind me of the stone."

"Hmm, that sounds close... Maybe a mixture of the two... Maielle?" Elunaria glanced down at the baby dragon, the bell jingling across the floor. Little Maielle let out a cry and chased after the bell like a cat. The name did roll off the tongue quite well.

"Maielle it is, then."

In another part of the cliff, Ambrosius and Rashada watched as a single egg began to crack. While it had begun to wiggle hours ago, the others had not made a single movement, and had not remained warm after Rashada removed herself. Today would be a bittersweet one, it appeared.

A bright gold set of claws shoved through the shell. "Ooh! Look at that!" Rashada squealed. The shell quickly broke apart after that, disgorging a yellow and black Pearlcatcher. She stared up at her parents with big green eyes.

52068527_350.png

"She looks like a bumblebee," Ambrosius remarked, amused, as the hatchling applied herself to devouring her shell.

"Or like fool's gold, trapped in rock," Rashada put in.

"I like that - the gold part, at least," he said.

"How about Aurelia, then? It's an old name for something golden."

"And just as pretentious as my name," Ambrosius muttered.

"Well, you didn't turn out so bad, and you weren't even raised right," Rashada pointed out. "If we raise her right, she'll never have a chance of being pretentious."

"Yeah."

Far below the little happy family, black ooze wept over the rocks, sinking into the dirt beneath.
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/battle_items/676.png[/img] @fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer GAH-HA-HAAA! Pinkerton hates me! *cries* --------------------------------- As Zephyr guided Maielle away from the sleeping Spiral for the umpteenth time, a soft voice stopped her in her tracks. "Oh, don't worry. She wasn't a bother." The injured Spiral's eyes were open, big and dark green. "Hello," Zephyr said, caught completely off-guard. "I'm glad you're awake. I'm Zephyr, you're in my clan's lair right now." "I'm Pigment," the Spiral said. He looked bewildered. "Did I go all the way to the Steppes?" "No, you're near the border between the Tangled Wood and Sunbeam Ruins, just across the strait from the Viridian Labyrinth." "Oh, so not that far." He looked relieved. "Wait, was anyone else with me?" "No, Fraxina only found you," Zephyr explained. Maielle scampered over toward Fang, who glanced curiously at Pigment before taking the hatchling. Pigment caught a glimpse of Fang and flinched, fear and relief sharing expression. "What was that about?" Zephyr asked. "For a second she looked like one of the dragons who attacked us, in the dark like that," Pigment shuddered. "Big and black with stripes exactly the same. They smelled like rotting fruit - they didn't seem like plague dragons, though." Suddenly, Pigment scrambled to his feet. "I've got to see if anyone's left. I've got to see..." Before Zephyr could stop him, the Spiral was out of the lair, flying upwards. "Wait, you're still feverish! Oh Windsinger help me keep up, or Arya will kill us all..." Zephyr muttered to herself, before leaping up after him. She was joined by Belenos, the golden Skydancer easily keeping up. Pigment flew like a dragon possessed, north towards the Viridian Labyrinth. He only stopped on an island at the edge of the sea, scrambling through undergrowth. "No no no no..." Pigment wailed. He stood in a small clearing. Sticks and boulders had been placed up in a makeshift wall, one area of which was smashed completely. Zephyr could see the remains of nests, flinching when she realized some had shattered eggs. Dead dragons littered the landscape, cut with claws and force far larger than anything she could exert. A sour-sweet smell pervaded the entire area. "What could do this?" Zephyr breathed in horror. A black ooze covered everything in sight, the sight of it sending a niggling in her brain. Belenos looked quite disgusted, the goop coating his claws and dying his feathers to ink. "What is this?" the Skydancer wondered aloud. "I don't know," Pigment managed. Tears leaked from the Spirals big eyes. "Lets get out of here, for now. I don't like this place," Zephyr suggested. The sense of deja vu was almost overpowering. "But we can't just leave them here!" Pigment burst out. "We... we have to bury them... Or-or something!" "We'll come back and do that later," Belenos said. "You're in no shape for it. And besides, I'm not feeling too great, either." Reluctantly, the pink Spiral returned with them, curling into a sad little ball once they reached the lair again. It was almost dusk when they got back. Belenos trudged into his spot, collapsing into his own bedplace. "Are you alright?" Elunaria asked, glancing at him with concern. "Jus' tired," Belenos mumbled. The next day, while Pigment woke up (albeit still in mourning for his clan), Belenos did not. Fang sniffed his dirty claws and feathers. "That's odd..." the Imperial muttered softly, as if to herself. "Definitely poison," she announced louder. "And like the loons we were we left it on him all night," Arya said aloud, subdued. A little bell cut through the silence, ringing Belenos' spirit to the beyond as Maielle played with her favorite toy.
676.png

GAH-HA-HAAA! Pinkerton hates me! *cries*

As Zephyr guided Maielle away from the sleeping Spiral for the umpteenth time, a soft voice stopped her in her tracks. "Oh, don't worry. She wasn't a bother." The injured Spiral's eyes were open, big and dark green.

"Hello," Zephyr said, caught completely off-guard. "I'm glad you're awake. I'm Zephyr, you're in my clan's lair right now."

"I'm Pigment," the Spiral said. He looked bewildered. "Did I go all the way to the Steppes?"

"No, you're near the border between the Tangled Wood and Sunbeam Ruins, just across the strait from the Viridian Labyrinth."

"Oh, so not that far." He looked relieved. "Wait, was anyone else with me?"

"No, Fraxina only found you," Zephyr explained. Maielle scampered over toward Fang, who glanced curiously at Pigment before taking the hatchling. Pigment caught a glimpse of Fang and flinched, fear and relief sharing expression.

"What was that about?" Zephyr asked.

"For a second she looked like one of the dragons who attacked us, in the dark like that," Pigment shuddered. "Big and black with stripes exactly the same. They smelled like rotting fruit - they didn't seem like plague dragons, though." Suddenly, Pigment scrambled to his feet. "I've got to see if anyone's left. I've got to see..." Before Zephyr could stop him, the Spiral was out of the lair, flying upwards.

"Wait, you're still feverish! Oh Windsinger help me keep up, or Arya will kill us all..." Zephyr muttered to herself, before leaping up after him. She was joined by Belenos, the golden Skydancer easily keeping up. Pigment flew like a dragon possessed, north towards the Viridian Labyrinth. He only stopped on an island at the edge of the sea, scrambling through undergrowth.

"No no no no..." Pigment wailed. He stood in a small clearing. Sticks and boulders had been placed up in a makeshift wall, one area of which was smashed completely. Zephyr could see the remains of nests, flinching when she realized some had shattered eggs. Dead dragons littered the landscape, cut with claws and force far larger than anything she could exert. A sour-sweet smell pervaded the entire area.

"What could do this?" Zephyr breathed in horror. A black ooze covered everything in sight, the sight of it sending a niggling in her brain. Belenos looked quite disgusted, the goop coating his claws and dying his feathers to ink.

"What is this?" the Skydancer wondered aloud.

"I don't know," Pigment managed. Tears leaked from the Spirals big eyes.

"Lets get out of here, for now. I don't like this place," Zephyr suggested. The sense of deja vu was almost overpowering.

"But we can't just leave them here!" Pigment burst out. "We... we have to bury them... Or-or something!"

"We'll come back and do that later," Belenos said. "You're in no shape for it. And besides, I'm not feeling too great, either."

Reluctantly, the pink Spiral returned with them, curling into a sad little ball once they reached the lair again. It was almost dusk when they got back. Belenos trudged into his spot, collapsing into his own bedplace.

"Are you alright?" Elunaria asked, glancing at him with concern.

"Jus' tired," Belenos mumbled.

The next day, while Pigment woke up (albeit still in mourning for his clan), Belenos did not. Fang sniffed his dirty claws and feathers. "That's odd..." the Imperial muttered softly, as if to herself. "Definitely poison," she announced louder.

"And like the loons we were we left it on him all night," Arya said aloud, subdued.

A little bell cut through the silence, ringing Belenos' spirit to the beyond as Maielle played with her favorite toy.
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/72.png[/img] @fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer RNG says Group 1, and picks out Elunara, Arya, and Eltanin. Oddball little group, though I can think of one reason they'd be out together. ------------------------- The trio of dragons rummaged through undergrowth, Arya and Elunara searching for herbs while Eltanin kept a watchful eye out for enemies. They were searching for a special kind of herb, one that would help Pigment regain his strength. The Spiral had caught a dosage of the poison that killed Belenos, though he seemed like he was pulling through. "Foxglove, periwinkle, mugwort... Do we need anything else?" Elunara asked. "Where's purple daisy?" Arya responded immediately, moving over to examine the pouch herself. "I don't think we've found that yet. We'd have to go closer to the Sunbeam Ruins." "Huh, an herb with a name I can understand," Eltanin remarked. Arya snickered, then sighed. "Well, let's get going, then. I have no idea what might counter this poison, so we need everything," the blue Spiral instructed. As the three readied to lift off, Eltanin caught something out of the corner of his eye. "Hey, what's this?" the Nocturne called. Nearby boulders were stacked in a strange pattern, as if it were a living being just sitting down for a rest. Dried black sludge covered every single rock, dying it inky black instead of the normal beige. "That's odd," Arya remarked. "If I didn't know better, I'd say it was a-" A sigil appeared on one of the boulders, and the rocks suddenly stood up. "Construct. It's a construct! Fly! Both of you!" Elunara shrieked as the boulder-construct clawed at her tail, though thankfully she remained in the air. All three dragons bolted for home. So that was the kind of thing that had killed Blossom's father, Eltanin thought. I hope I never see something like that again. At the lair, Mercuria raised her head at their quick approach. "Is everything alright?" "We encountered a construct. Luckily, it wasn't active, so it couldn't catch us in time," Arya reported. She glanced at the moth-like Imperial. "Are you okay, Elunara?" The Imperial swung her tail forward. Clumps of fur were missing from the mane, and some scales as well. "Nothing serious, but my entire tail hurts," she admitted. "I'll take your bag," Eltanin offered. "Thanks." "I'll take a look," Arya offered. "Odd that your entire tail would hurt from a small wound like that." She quickly understood why, soon enough. "The construct... it was poisoned too." --------------- Almost lost Elunara today, she was at 1hp at one point! A lucky level saved her.
72.png

RNG says Group 1, and picks out Elunara, Arya, and Eltanin. Oddball little group, though I can think of one reason they'd be out together.

The trio of dragons rummaged through undergrowth, Arya and Elunara searching for herbs while Eltanin kept a watchful eye out for enemies. They were searching for a special kind of herb, one that would help Pigment regain his strength. The Spiral had caught a dosage of the poison that killed Belenos, though he seemed like he was pulling through.

"Foxglove, periwinkle, mugwort... Do we need anything else?" Elunara asked.

"Where's purple daisy?" Arya responded immediately, moving over to examine the pouch herself.

"I don't think we've found that yet. We'd have to go closer to the Sunbeam Ruins."

"Huh, an herb with a name I can understand," Eltanin remarked. Arya snickered, then sighed.

"Well, let's get going, then. I have no idea what might counter this poison, so we need everything," the blue Spiral instructed.

As the three readied to lift off, Eltanin caught something out of the corner of his eye. "Hey, what's this?" the Nocturne called. Nearby boulders were stacked in a strange pattern, as if it were a living being just sitting down for a rest. Dried black sludge covered every single rock, dying it inky black instead of the normal beige.

"That's odd," Arya remarked. "If I didn't know better, I'd say it was a-" A sigil appeared on one of the boulders, and the rocks suddenly stood up. "Construct. It's a construct! Fly! Both of you!"

Elunara shrieked as the boulder-construct clawed at her tail, though thankfully she remained in the air. All three dragons bolted for home. So that was the kind of thing that had killed Blossom's father, Eltanin thought. I hope I never see something like that again.

At the lair, Mercuria raised her head at their quick approach. "Is everything alright?"

"We encountered a construct. Luckily, it wasn't active, so it couldn't catch us in time," Arya reported. She glanced at the moth-like Imperial. "Are you okay, Elunara?"

The Imperial swung her tail forward. Clumps of fur were missing from the mane, and some scales as well. "Nothing serious, but my entire tail hurts," she admitted.

"I'll take your bag," Eltanin offered.

"Thanks."

"I'll take a look," Arya offered. "Odd that your entire tail would hurt from a small wound like that."

She quickly understood why, soon enough. "The construct... it was poisoned too."

Almost lost Elunara today, she was at 1hp at one point! A lucky level saved her.
[img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/2048.png[/img] @fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer @Coexistence, as promised. If you want I can add you to the permanent pinglist so you can get updated whenever this is :) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47270712] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/472708/47270712_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=47372968] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/473730/47372968_350.png[/img] [/url] Wrote bios for these two! Enjoy the read.
2048.png

@Coexistence, as promised. If you want I can add you to the permanent pinglist so you can get updated whenever this is :)

47270712_350.png

47372968_350.png

Wrote bios for these two! Enjoy the read.
@RadientAngel Thank you for pinging me, I love the lore you've written for those two. Going to have to begin reading through the whole thread when I have the time! I'd love to be added to the permanent pinglist, thank you.
@RadientAngel Thank you for pinging me, I love the lore you've written for those two. Going to have to begin reading through the whole thread when I have the time! I'd love to be added to the permanent pinglist, thank you.
@Coexistence Done and done :)
@Coexistence Done and done :)
Rashada looks so beautiful! I'm usually very iffy about Thylacine, but it gives such a pretty tint to her back and wingtips, and the face markings line up perfectly with the Jaguar around her eye~

Sepia Lace suits her so well!
Rashada looks so beautiful! I'm usually very iffy about Thylacine, but it gives such a pretty tint to her back and wingtips, and the face markings line up perfectly with the Jaguar around her eye~

Sepia Lace suits her so well!
If I'm OP, I'm SUBBED! Sig_Banner.png sig_by_farsidejr-dckwam8.png
@Farsidejr I know, right! I happened to have a bunch on me when I got her, and she just looked so good... *grins*
@Farsidejr I know, right! I happened to have a bunch on me when I got her, and she just looked so good... *grins*
@fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer @Coexistence [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=51688299] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/516883/51688299_350.png[/img] [/url] Got another material today so I wrote another bio because it's late and I'm tired XD
@fenshae @TheAwesoMew @Farsidejr @ZippoFeuer @Coexistence

51688299_350.png

Got another material today so I wrote another bio because it's late and I'm tired XD
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 24