Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Personal] Breed Out the Ugly!
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Despite being a proud Icicle, I don't have any Tundra permas. In order to rectify this, I've decided to take on the Breed Out the Ugly challenge in an effort to find one! My rules are as follows: [LIST=1] [*]Find the ugliest Tundra possible from the AH. This dragon shall be the founder. [*]Find another ugly Tundra of the opposite gender from the AH. This dragon shall be the mate. [*]Breed them! [*]I can select any dragon I wish as my heir. This dragon shall receive another ugly Tundra mate and the cycle shall continue until I find my perfect permadragon! [/LIST] [center][b]Generation 1[/b][/center] My founder is Cenue. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42869554] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/428696/42869554_350.png[/img] [/url] Her gene combo of Iridescent/Shimmer/Circuit wouldn't be too bad... if it were with the right colours. Unfortunately, the Circuit just throws everything off for me. Her mate is Dravite. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=42849265] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/428493/42849265_350.png[/img] [/url] This time, the colour combo of Rose/Tomato/Brick its own could be promising, but the genes really don't work for me. Something about it just seems... off. Since I made sure to purchase RTB dragons, Cenue and Dravite were sent to breed immediately. They have given me 3 eggs to work with, so fingers crossed that one of their babies will be beautiful! Considering that same breed pairs will give a maximum of 4 eggs, this outcome isn't too bad. [code] [size=2] [b]Pinglist[/b] @silverwolv, @asthedavespass, @beepo, @lynxieRG, @AlmightyAmu, @Nargeorgicorn, @MeloMammered, @SmallPlant, @ChowBoys, @Karrikut, @Ggirl, @GirlsAreCute, @MaybeHuman, @LoieWasHERE, @Grahh @mynameisgoliath, @NikoLazuli, @AStarsSupernova, @Rhin, @Biirdy, @Lehran, @ghostesez, @Xoanon, @smeen [/size] [/code] Please note I am not subscribed to this thread. If you'd like to chat or be added to the pinglist, please ping me!
Despite being a proud Icicle, I don't have any Tundra permas. In order to rectify this, I've decided to take on the Breed Out the Ugly challenge in an effort to find one!

My rules are as follows:
  1. Find the ugliest Tundra possible from the AH. This dragon shall be the founder.
  2. Find another ugly Tundra of the opposite gender from the AH. This dragon shall be the mate.
  3. Breed them!
  4. I can select any dragon I wish as my heir. This dragon shall receive another ugly Tundra mate and the cycle shall continue until I find my perfect permadragon!
Generation 1
My founder is Cenue.

42869554_350.png

Her gene combo of Iridescent/Shimmer/Circuit wouldn't be too bad... if it were with the right colours. Unfortunately, the Circuit just throws everything off for me.

Her mate is Dravite.

42849265_350.png

This time, the colour combo of Rose/Tomato/Brick its own could be promising, but the genes really don't work for me. Something about it just seems... off.

Since I made sure to purchase RTB dragons, Cenue and Dravite were sent to breed immediately. They have given me 3 eggs to work with, so fingers crossed that one of their babies will be beautiful! Considering that same breed pairs will give a maximum of 4 eggs, this outcome isn't too bad.

Please note I am not subscribed to this thread. If you'd like to chat or be added to the pinglist, please ping me!
5zYeaji.png OfDGPyR.gif
@alohomora
ooooh keep me posted!
@alohomora
ooooh keep me posted!
Y4lXWys.png1omRSjv.png
she/her | scorpio | FR+3 | owner of ID 46464646
@Alohomora I'd love to be kept posted on this !! also for some reason, I thought of this gif when I saw the thread title, heh [img]http://www.reactiongifs.com/r/2013/10/You-Gave-Patrick-The-Ugly-Spogebob.gif[/img]
@Alohomora I'd love to be kept posted on this !!

also for some reason, I thought of this gif when I saw the thread title, heh
You-Gave-Patrick-The-Ugly-Spogebob.gif
7699.png Vault cleanout/sales thread
@silverwolv @asthedavespass

Thanks for your interest in this adventure! I'd be happy to add you to a pinglist for future updates, which should (hopefully) be very soon.

Also... yeah, sometimes I wonder why I started this in the first place and gave myself two uglies. They're only going to be there temporarily, but still. Oh well, at least they have... heart?
@silverwolv @asthedavespass

Thanks for your interest in this adventure! I'd be happy to add you to a pinglist for future updates, which should (hopefully) be very soon.

Also... yeah, sometimes I wonder why I started this in the first place and gave myself two uglies. They're only going to be there temporarily, but still. Oh well, at least they have... heart?
5zYeaji.png OfDGPyR.gif
[center][b]Generation 2[/b][/center] Cenue and Dravite are now the proud parents of three hatchlings! With this hatch, I got the achievement for having a hatchling with Iridescent, which was nice. Their eldest is a girl named Azami. I'm glad that she's inherited her dad's tertiary gene. Her colours do look quite nice, but I wouldn't personally keep her as a perma. This is the first nest I've hatched since the new eye update, so it's quite cool that I got unusual eyes. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=91&bodygene=1&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=55&tertgene=14&winggene=1&wings=59&auth=4fb85e32591236df722f95e78fae31711492e3ad&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Next is their son Beckford. He has a striking resemblance to his father in both colour range and genes. His colours of Rose/Berry/Clay do look lovely together, but not with those genes unfortunately. His eyes are uncommon. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=7&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=106&tertgene=14&winggene=1&wings=87&auth=5e650d70a9f2e973bb7e5334adda90f82b3c30b3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] Finally, here's Maelgwyn. Her colour scheme is completely different than her siblings. I do like the sapphire primary on her as it contrasts with her uncommon eyes, but I'm not into the combo of sapphire and her secondary, maroon. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=1&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=121&tertgene=14&winggene=8&wings=61&auth=fe2f8080e1d55d0c39c5a6ba4b55fc3c01459fd3&dummyext=prev.png[/img] I am glad that all of the babies got Runes. Although I like Circuit enough, it needs the right colour and gene combo to really shine. Most likely, I will be planning on keeping Azami as the next heir. While not perfect, she is the best looking out of her siblings. To be fair though, none of her siblings are ugly, so I will consider that a partial win. I'll be purchasing her mate once her cooldown of 15 days is up. I'll be counting down the days until we can start the next part of this challenge! [size=2]Pinglist: @silverwolv @asthedavespass[/size]
Generation 2
Cenue and Dravite are now the proud parents of three hatchlings! With this hatch, I got the achievement for having a hatchling with Iridescent, which was nice.

Their eldest is a girl named Azami. I'm glad that she's inherited her dad's tertiary gene. Her colours do look quite nice, but I wouldn't personally keep her as a perma. This is the first nest I've hatched since the new eye update, so it's quite cool that I got unusual eyes.

dragon?age=1&body=91&bodygene=1&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=55&tertgene=14&winggene=1&wings=59&auth=4fb85e32591236df722f95e78fae31711492e3ad&dummyext=prev.png

Next is their son Beckford. He has a striking resemblance to his father in both colour range and genes. His colours of Rose/Berry/Clay do look lovely together, but not with those genes unfortunately. His eyes are uncommon.

dragon?age=1&body=67&bodygene=7&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=0&tert=106&tertgene=14&winggene=1&wings=87&auth=5e650d70a9f2e973bb7e5334adda90f82b3c30b3&dummyext=prev.png

Finally, here's Maelgwyn. Her colour scheme is completely different than her siblings. I do like the sapphire primary on her as it contrasts with her uncommon eyes, but I'm not into the combo of sapphire and her secondary, maroon.

dragon?age=1&body=71&bodygene=1&breed=6&element=6&eyetype=1&gender=1&tert=121&tertgene=14&winggene=8&wings=61&auth=fe2f8080e1d55d0c39c5a6ba4b55fc3c01459fd3&dummyext=prev.png

I am glad that all of the babies got Runes. Although I like Circuit enough, it needs the right colour and gene combo to really shine. Most likely, I will be planning on keeping Azami as the next heir. While not perfect, she is the best looking out of her siblings. To be fair though, none of her siblings are ugly, so I will consider that a partial win.

I'll be purchasing her mate once her cooldown of 15 days is up. I'll be counting down the days until we can start the next part of this challenge!

Pinglist: @silverwolv @asthedavespass
5zYeaji.png OfDGPyR.gif
@alohomora
Ooooh I like the last one
@alohomora
Ooooh I like the last one
Y4lXWys.png1omRSjv.png
she/her | scorpio | FR+3 | owner of ID 46464646
@Alohomora

This is really interesting! Can I be added to the pinglist too?
@Alohomora

This is really interesting! Can I be added to the pinglist too?
IikKNU4.png Sam || They/It/He || PST
TUMBLR || LINK
ACOZFAh.png
eswSnrS.png
@Beepo

Definitely! Thanks for your interest in this journey. Azami should be ready to breed in just over a week, so the next update will be soon.
@Beepo

Definitely! Thanks for your interest in this journey. Azami should be ready to breed in just over a week, so the next update will be soon.
5zYeaji.png OfDGPyR.gif
@Alohomora

Oo! Im excited to see the next generation!
@Alohomora

Oo! Im excited to see the next generation!
IikKNU4.png Sam || They/It/He || PST
TUMBLR || LINK
ACOZFAh.png
eswSnrS.png
Please add me to the pinglist. I'm excited to watch this line grow. :) Will you be considering selling any of the discarded hatchlings in the future?
Please add me to the pinglist. I'm excited to watch this line grow. :) Will you be considering selling any of the discarded hatchlings in the future?
Spiral Aloe Collector

Manyleaves Collector
wrmgy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9