Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Reluctant Charge [Pinkerlocke]
1 2
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/o0FwoxU.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896#post_33803030][size=2][color=green]Rules[/size][/url] || [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896#post_33804503][size=2][color=green]Bio Info, Tokens and Badges[/size][/url] || [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896#post_33805447][size=2][color=green]My Clan[/size][/url] || [size=2][color=green]Graveyard[/size] || [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896#post_33805511][size=2][color=green]Chapters[/size][/url][/color][/center] [b]Update: I've taken a job that severely limits my FR time. I very much want to continue this challenge, however I am only available to do so once or twice a week.[/b] This is a Pinkerlocke story, however my main goal is to write lore, so many of the rules have been adapted. This will not be an everyday thing, but I will try to update as often as I can. Some sections of this thread still require a little bit of work, and they shall be updated when there are lore pulls. Without further ado, I declare this challenge officially started! [b]If you don't really care about the rule changes and just want to read it, click the Chapters button to see all the posts I've written so far.[/b] [columns] [img]https://i.imgur.com/YK1y22S.png[/img] [nextcol] After the devestatingly loss of her clan, Calrayn's only wish is to find a quaint little hovel in a hill somewhere to live out the rest of her miserable days, but it seems the Gladekeeper has something else in mind. Calrayn finds herself the unwilling Charge to a pushy Guardian named Hex, who is hell-bent on "protecting" Calrayn. As much as she wishes to shake Hex, Calrayn is all too aware just how dangerous the wilderness can be and without her knowledge of the forests, Hex would never survive. Calrayn tells herself that having Hex around is not a permanent thing. As soon as they manage to escape the Shrieking Wilds, Calrayn is certain she will be able to shake Hex with a clean conscious. There in lies the challenge... Hex has been searching for her Charge for [i]three years[/i], since the moment she was born. She was always confident that she would find her Charge, after all she could feel the [i]pull[/i] of it so strongly. But years passed, her nest mates found their Charges, her clan mates moved on and day after day, Hex was still alone. After three long and lonely years, Hex is finally ready to give up. She accepts that she is a terrible Guardian and she never [i]deserved[/i] her Charge to begin with... But then it happens. Hex meets her Charge - a cranky Tundra named Calrayn - and Hex couldn't be happier. Even though Calrayn is clearly displeased with being a Charge, Hex can't help but to devote herself completely to her. So when Calrayn says all she wants is a nice home to retire in, Hex is determined to find her the perfect place. [nextcol] [img]https://i.imgur.com/jLywxn7.png[/img] [/columns] ----- [center]Links[/center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1904162/1#message]The Pinkerton Hub[/url]
o0FwoxU.png

Update: I've taken a job that severely limits my FR time. I very much want to continue this challenge, however I am only available to do so once or twice a week.

This is a Pinkerlocke story, however my main goal is to write lore, so many of the rules have been adapted. This will not be an everyday thing, but I will try to update as often as I can.

Some sections of this thread still require a little bit of work, and they shall be updated when there are lore pulls.

Without further ado, I declare this challenge officially started!

If you don't really care about the rule changes and just want to read it, click the Chapters button to see all the posts I've written so far.

YK1y22S.png

After the devestatingly loss of her clan, Calrayn's only wish is to find a quaint little hovel in a hill somewhere to live out the rest of her miserable days, but it seems the Gladekeeper has something else in mind. Calrayn finds herself the unwilling Charge to a pushy Guardian named Hex, who is hell-bent on "protecting" Calrayn. As much as she wishes to shake Hex, Calrayn is all too aware just how dangerous the wilderness can be and without her knowledge of the forests, Hex would never survive. Calrayn tells herself that having Hex around is not a permanent thing. As soon as they manage to escape the Shrieking Wilds, Calrayn is certain she will be able to shake Hex with a clean conscious. There in lies the challenge...

Hex has been searching for her Charge for three years, since the moment she was born. She was always confident that she would find her Charge, after all she could feel the pull of it so strongly. But years passed, her nest mates found their Charges, her clan mates moved on and day after day, Hex was still alone. After three long and lonely years, Hex is finally ready to give up. She accepts that she is a terrible Guardian and she never deserved her Charge to begin with...

But then it happens. Hex meets her Charge - a cranky Tundra named Calrayn - and Hex couldn't be happier. Even though Calrayn is clearly displeased with being a Charge, Hex can't help but to devote herself completely to her. So when Calrayn says all she wants is a nice home to retire in, Hex is determined to find her the perfect place.

jLywxn7.png

Links

The Pinkerton Hub
kHIAdk7.pngR15V8zK.pngXPBzzHp.png6SgHhjr.png
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/OibzuS2.png[/img] [size=5][b]Basic Rules:[/b][/size][/center] - [i]No Exhalting[/i]. Most Pinkerlockes give this as a rule, but since I'm aiming for a lore challenge, there will be no exhalting. A dragon can still die, however there is now a mechanic that allows them to re-enter the game (see below). - A food mechanic has been created, making food collected by gathering and by coliseum irrelevant. (See below) - If a dragon reaches level 25, it "retires" and can no longer participate in the Coliseum, but it is not removed from the game. - Each days activity relies on your Pinkerton pull. - Each day you will write some sort of lore related to the pull of the day. There is no limit, however there should be a 200 word minimum. You can adjust your word count goals accordingly. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/4CDmkwj.png[/img] [size=5][b]New Mechanics:[/b][/size][/center] - [b]Health Bar[/b] - This mechanic makes it easier to do Coliseum battles without your dragon dying quickly. Each dragon begins with 100 Health Points (HP). For every time your dragon faints in the Coliseum, subtract 5 HP. If your dragon reaches 0 HP, it is considered dead and must be reflected in the lore. [indent]- Health potions may be used on your dragon to restore HP. For every potion you use in the Coliseum, flip a coin. If you get heads, restore 5 HP to your dragon. If tails, nothing happens. [b]The type of potion that you use is irrelevant. Any potion gives you a flip. However, each potion can restore only 5 HP no matter how much it heals in the Coliseum.[/indent] Other ways of losing HP are detailed below. - [b]Inventory[/b] - Each dragon has 2 inventory slots. These slots can be used to hold various items; including weapons or objects your dragons use in lore, Dragon eggs, Battle Item and Haul Tokens. The amount of Inventory slots can be increased with Extra Apparel (see below). - [b]The Resurrection Mechanic[/b] - [indent]If a dragon loses all its HP and "dies" there is an opportunity for your dragon to be "brought back to life" and re-enter the game. [b]A dead dragon can only return to the game if you have collected an egg in the Coliseum. Your dragons may then petition a chosen deity (by flipping a coin) to return your chosen dragon to life, in exchange for the egg.[/b] If you receive heads, the deity accepts and your dragon is successfully resurrected. If you land on tails, the deity rejects your offer and your dragon remains dead. Either way, you must then sell the egg on the AH. [b]If you attempt to use the egg as an offering, you cannot hatch it. It MUST be sold.[/b][/indent] - [b]Apparel Bonuses[/b] - Apparel pieces now grant bonuses to your dragons. The bonus will depend on what kind of apparel it is (see below) and the bonus can be used once a day by your dragons, however it cannot be used two days in a row. [b]Dragons can only gain apparel through pulling a piece of Apparel in Pinkerton.[/b] However, your starter dragons may begin with one Apparel piece each. [indent][LIST] [*] Head: Keen Eyes - If you pull a Trinket, you can choose the type of Event that happens. [*] Legs: Stealthy Feet - If a Coliseum grind is unsuccessful, this dragon only loses 2 HP. [*] Body: Dragon Hide - This dragon does not lose HP during Beast Clan Events. [*] Wings: Quick Thinking - If you land on Tails during a Trinket Event, this dragon only loses 2 HP. [*] Tail: Peace Keeper - If you land on Tails for a Trinket event, you may flip another coin to see if one of your dragons can resolve the situation (and avoid damage) [*] Extras (Up to 2): Bags Holder - This dragon gains 2 Inventory slots [*] Festival: [Deity]'s Blessing - This allows for your dragon to call upon their Deity. The Deity will grant them one request. [/LIST][/indent] - There are no bonuses for familiars. Familiars may enter and exit the lore as the writer pleases. [b]- Accents may be added on Apparel pulls.[/b] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/HIyF8iZ.png[/img] [size=5][b]Drops of Fate[/b][/size][/center] - [b]Food[/b] - Similar to the original rules, getting food from Pinkerton means you grind in the Coliseum. However, for lore purposes, there is now a gauge on whether your grind was successful. [b]Unsuccessful[/b] grinds results in each of your dragons losing 5 HP. Instead of going by food type however, this mechanic is based on how long you grind. [indent][u]Less than 10 minutes[/u] - Unsuccessful [u]10-15[/u] minutes - Decent [u]15-20[/u] - Successful [u]20-30[/u] - Very Good [u]30+[/u] - Haul [/indent] If you wish, instead of using the amount of time to determine success, you can use the different types of food if you enjoy a more randomize event. [indent][u]Meat[/u] - Unsuccessful [u]Insect[/u] - Decent [u]Seafood[/u]- Successful [u]Plant[/u]- Haul [/indent] [i]If your grind is a [b]Haul[/b] then you receive one Grind Token, which can be used when you have an unsuccessful grind to prevent your dragons from any losing HP in the future. The Grind Token is added to your dragon's inventory.[/i] - [b]Materials[/b] - Lore or Art. Since this is a lore writing Pinkerlocke and you are already writing lore for each draw, when you draw a Material you should push yourself to write more than you normally would. If you normally write 200 words for your pulls then try and push yourself to write 400 words. - [b]Familiars[/b] - A dragon joins your lore. This can be done by purchasing a new dragon, or by working a dragon from your lair into the lore. I personally have a list of dragons that I want to work into the lore just waiting for a familiar pull. [quote name=OriginalPinkerlockeRules:]Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) 1. Fae 2. Guardian 3. Mirror 4. Pearlcatcher 5. Ridgeback 6. Tundra 7. Spiral 8. Imperial 9. Snapper 10. Wildclaw 11. Nocturne 12. Coatl 13. Skydancer 14. Bogsneak[/quote] - [b]Apparel[/b] - Add one piece of Apparel to [i]one[/i] dragon. - [b]Battle Item[/b] - This effect can be used the day of the draw or used at a later date. If using this effect, when you grind in the Coliseum, no matter how many times your dragon faints, it loses no HP. - [b]Trinkets[/b] - If you draw a Trinket, a random event occurs in your lore and you must write about how your dragons deal with it. After your event is randomly chosen, flip a coin. If heads, your dragons successfully handle the problem. If tails, they do not handle it successfully and each dragon loses 5 HP. [indent]Possible Events [LIST=1] [*] Beast Clan Ambush [*] Disagreement [*] Food Shortage [*] Dangerous Weather [*] Sudden Injury [*] Camp Raid [*] Deity Event [*] Supernatural Event [*] Clan is Lost [*] New Location Discovered [/LIST][/indent] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/JK2rH8E.png[/img] [size=5][b]Other Rules[/b][/size][/center] - [b]Rare Coli Drops[/b] - When you receive a rare Coliseum drop (Apparel, Battle Stone, Gene) then you can add one item to one dragon's inventory. [indent][b]Dragon Eggs[/b] do NOT add an inventory item. When a dragon egg is found, your clan must decide what to do with it. They can choose to abandon the egg, hatch the egg (in which the next five days of lore will include the hatchling), or to carry the egg with them (Resurrection). If you choose to carry the egg then the egg is added to a dragon's inventory. ONLY this dragon can use the egg to resurrect a comrade! However, the egg may change hands at any time, provided that it is recorded in the lore.[/indent] - [b]Leveling and Battle Stones[/b] - Battle Stone are applied when they are unlocked. You can give your dragons any build you wish, although their fight style and battle stones should be reflected in the lore. As a small advantage, for every year old your dragon is, they can be leveled up by that number of levels before the beginning of the game. [indent][b]Example:[/b] A 4-year old dragon can be leveled up 4 levels before the start of the game. This means the dragon would be level 5 when the games began.[/indent] - [b]Breeding[/b] - For the sake of my own personal lore, Dragons are NOT allowed to breed. If the dragons do breed (for example, if one of your in-game dragons is part of a special breeding pair with a non-game dragon) then their hatchlings are not written into the lore. - [b]Winning and Losing[/b] - The only way to "lose" the game is for ALL of your dragons to reach 0 HP. To "win" the game, your dragons must complete their objective or reach their goal. This is very much objective, since you are the lore writer, you can end the story wherever you wish.
OibzuS2.png

Basic Rules:
- No Exhalting. Most Pinkerlockes give this as a rule, but since I'm aiming for a lore challenge, there will be no exhalting. A dragon can still die, however there is now a mechanic that allows them to re-enter the game (see below).

- A food mechanic has been created, making food collected by gathering and by coliseum irrelevant. (See below)

- If a dragon reaches level 25, it "retires" and can no longer participate in the Coliseum, but it is not removed from the game.

- Each days activity relies on your Pinkerton pull.

- Each day you will write some sort of lore related to the pull of the day. There is no limit, however there should be a 200 word minimum. You can adjust your word count goals accordingly.
4CDmkwj.png

New Mechanics:

- Health Bar -

This mechanic makes it easier to do Coliseum battles without your dragon dying quickly. Each dragon begins with 100 Health Points (HP). For every time your dragon faints in the Coliseum, subtract 5 HP. If your dragon reaches 0 HP, it is considered dead and must be reflected in the lore.
- Health potions may be used on your dragon to restore HP. For every potion you use in the Coliseum, flip a coin. If you get heads, restore 5 HP to your dragon. If tails, nothing happens. The type of potion that you use is irrelevant. Any potion gives you a flip. However, each potion can restore only 5 HP no matter how much it heals in the Coliseum.

Other ways of losing HP are detailed below.

- Inventory -

Each dragon has 2 inventory slots. These slots can be used to hold various items; including weapons or objects your dragons use in lore, Dragon eggs, Battle Item and Haul Tokens. The amount of Inventory slots can be increased with Extra Apparel (see below).

- The Resurrection Mechanic -

If a dragon loses all its HP and "dies" there is an opportunity for your dragon to be "brought back to life" and re-enter the game. A dead dragon can only return to the game if you have collected an egg in the Coliseum. Your dragons may then petition a chosen deity (by flipping a coin) to return your chosen dragon to life, in exchange for the egg. If you receive heads, the deity accepts and your dragon is successfully resurrected. If you land on tails, the deity rejects your offer and your dragon remains dead. Either way, you must then sell the egg on the AH. If you attempt to use the egg as an offering, you cannot hatch it. It MUST be sold.

- Apparel Bonuses -

Apparel pieces now grant bonuses to your dragons. The bonus will depend on what kind of apparel it is (see below) and the bonus can be used once a day by your dragons, however it cannot be used two days in a row. Dragons can only gain apparel through pulling a piece of Apparel in Pinkerton. However, your starter dragons may begin with one Apparel piece each.
  • Head: Keen Eyes - If you pull a Trinket, you can choose the type of Event that happens.
  • Legs: Stealthy Feet - If a Coliseum grind is unsuccessful, this dragon only loses 2 HP.
  • Body: Dragon Hide - This dragon does not lose HP during Beast Clan Events.
  • Wings: Quick Thinking - If you land on Tails during a Trinket Event, this dragon only loses 2 HP.
  • Tail: Peace Keeper - If you land on Tails for a Trinket event, you may flip another coin to see if one of your dragons can resolve the situation (and avoid damage)
  • Extras (Up to 2): Bags Holder - This dragon gains 2 Inventory slots
  • Festival: [Deity]'s Blessing - This allows for your dragon to call upon their Deity. The Deity will grant them one request.

- There are no bonuses for familiars. Familiars may enter and exit the lore as the writer pleases.

- Accents may be added on Apparel pulls.
HIyF8iZ.png

Drops of Fate

- Food -

Similar to the original rules, getting food from Pinkerton means you grind in the Coliseum. However, for lore purposes, there is now a gauge on whether your grind was successful. Unsuccessful grinds results in each of your dragons losing 5 HP. Instead of going by food type however, this mechanic is based on how long you grind.
Less than 10 minutes - Unsuccessful
10-15 minutes - Decent
15-20 - Successful
20-30 - Very Good
30+ - Haul

If you wish, instead of using the amount of time to determine success, you can use the different types of food if you enjoy a more randomize event.
Meat - Unsuccessful
Insect - Decent
Seafood- Successful
Plant- Haul

If your grind is a Haul then you receive one Grind Token, which can be used when you have an unsuccessful grind to prevent your dragons from any losing HP in the future. The Grind Token is added to your dragon's inventory.

- Materials -

Lore or Art. Since this is a lore writing Pinkerlocke and you are already writing lore for each draw, when you draw a Material you should push yourself to write more than you normally would. If you normally write 200 words for your pulls then try and push yourself to write 400 words.

- Familiars -

A dragon joins your lore. This can be done by purchasing a new dragon, or by working a dragon from your lair into the lore. I personally have a list of dragons that I want to work into the lore just waiting for a familiar pull.

OriginalPinkerlockeRules: wrote:
Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak

- Apparel -

Add one piece of Apparel to one dragon.

- Battle Item -

This effect can be used the day of the draw or used at a later date. If using this effect, when you grind in the Coliseum, no matter how many times your dragon faints, it loses no HP.

- Trinkets -

If you draw a Trinket, a random event occurs in your lore and you must write about how your dragons deal with it. After your event is randomly chosen, flip a coin. If heads, your dragons successfully handle the problem. If tails, they do not handle it successfully and each dragon loses 5 HP.
Possible Events
  1. Beast Clan Ambush
  2. Disagreement
  3. Food Shortage
  4. Dangerous Weather
  5. Sudden Injury
  6. Camp Raid
  7. Deity Event
  8. Supernatural Event
  9. Clan is Lost
  10. New Location Discovered
JK2rH8E.png

Other Rules

- Rare Coli Drops -

When you receive a rare Coliseum drop (Apparel, Battle Stone, Gene) then you can add one item to one dragon's inventory.
Dragon Eggs do NOT add an inventory item. When a dragon egg is found, your clan must decide what to do with it. They can choose to abandon the egg, hatch the egg (in which the next five days of lore will include the hatchling), or to carry the egg with them (Resurrection). If you choose to carry the egg then the egg is added to a dragon's inventory. ONLY this dragon can use the egg to resurrect a comrade! However, the egg may change hands at any time, provided that it is recorded in the lore.

- Leveling and Battle Stones -

Battle Stone are applied when they are unlocked. You can give your dragons any build you wish, although their fight style and battle stones should be reflected in the lore.

As a small advantage, for every year old your dragon is, they can be leveled up by that number of levels before the beginning of the game.
Example: A 4-year old dragon can be leveled up 4 levels before the start of the game. This means the dragon would be level 5 when the games began.

- Breeding -

For the sake of my own personal lore, Dragons are NOT allowed to breed. If the dragons do breed (for example, if one of your in-game dragons is part of a special breeding pair with a non-game dragon) then their hatchlings are not written into the lore.

- Winning and Losing -

The only way to "lose" the game is for ALL of your dragons to reach 0 HP.

To "win" the game, your dragons must complete their objective or reach their goal. This is very much objective, since you are the lore writer, you can end the story wherever you wish.
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/X4Xl0hG.png[/img] [size=5][b]How to Begin[/b][/size][/center] [LIST] [*]Choose 2-3 starter dragons. [*]Give them all basic backstories and a common goal to work towards. [*]Give each dragon one piece of Apparel. [*]Record all necessary Info in their Bios or in a Forum Thread [*] Go to Pinkerton to begin! [/LIST] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/X4Xl0hG.png[/img] [size=5][b]Bio Graphics[/b][/size][/center] - [size=3][b]Health Bars[/b][/size] - [columns] [img]https://i.imgur.com/2yQJUTh.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/dIgl9i2.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/KKDuqu1.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/J5nTSVi.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/sojSyaw.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/rOyEMMj.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/TvshpVJ.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/MgqcUYH.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/UQ7oc3n.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/IQSH59J.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/oWNmQaR.png[/img] [nextcol] [center]- Shelf, Inventory Slot, Dragon Slot - [img]https://i.imgur.com/J2ZmVAz.png[/img] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/button_attachdragon.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/J4BHZMr.png[/img] [center]- Tokens - [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/745.png[/img][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hwm2m54jyra1ken/treasure.png[/img] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/a2gsyk4biyliq6k/naturef1.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=30450&tab=dragon&did=30051683]Dragon Egg - Grind Token[/url] - [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=30450&tab=dragon&did=33074325]Battle Token[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=30450]By Osiem[/url][/center] [/columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/X4Xl0hG.png[/img] [size=5][b]Badges and Achievements[/b][/size][/center] WIP
X4Xl0hG.png

How to Begin
  • Choose 2-3 starter dragons.
  • Give them all basic backstories and a common goal to work towards.
  • Give each dragon one piece of Apparel.
  • Record all necessary Info in their Bios or in a Forum Thread
  • Go to Pinkerton to begin!

X4Xl0hG.png

Bio Graphics

- Health Bars -

2yQJUTh.png
dIgl9i2.png
KKDuqu1.png
J5nTSVi.png
sojSyaw.png
rOyEMMj.png
TvshpVJ.png
MgqcUYH.png
UQ7oc3n.png
IQSH59J.png
oWNmQaR.png
- Shelf, Inventory Slot, Dragon Slot -
J2ZmVAz.png button_attachdragon.png
J4BHZMr.png

X4Xl0hG.png

Badges and Achievements

WIP
[center][size=5][u][b]Active Dragons[/b][/u][/size][/center] [columns][center] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/06efc446eacb1a5be0b0622167a51a56/tumblr_inline_p2pyo8Cu4i1soemy4_250.png[/img] [font=garamond][size=7][u]Calrayn[/u][/size][/font] [font=garamond][size=5][i]Survivor || Charge || Leader[/i] ----- [i]Lvl 5[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/dIgl9i2.png[/img] [i]HP: 90%[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/battle_items/675.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/J2ZmVAz.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/J4BHZMr.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/22919.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/2502.png[/img] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/e2012d9c4ffb169275fcd46026ed4c22/tumblr_inline_p2pyo9s6SM1soemy4_250.png[/img] [nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/6156/615545_350.png[/img] [/columns] [b]Notes:[/b] [u][i]Current Abilities:[/i][/u] [indent]- Keen Eyes: On Trinket Days, you are allowed to pick the Event. - Gladekeeper's Blessing: Calrayn can ask the Gladekeeper for assistance.[/indent] [center][img]http://68.media.tumblr.com/1f19531550e018826ba9177030c7d341/tumblr_inline_njougfwoWc1r2jdta.png[/img][/center] ----- [columns][center] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/06efc446eacb1a5be0b0622167a51a56/tumblr_inline_p2pyo8Cu4i1soemy4_250.png[/img] [font=garamond][size=7][u]Hex[/u][/size][/font] [font=garamond][size=5][i]Guardian || Over-Protective || Loyal[/i] ----- [i]Lvl 4[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/dIgl9i2.png[/img] [i]HP: 90%[/i] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hwm2m54jyra1ken/treasure.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/J2ZmVAz.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/J4BHZMr.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/25062.png[/img] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/skins/26924.png[/img] [img]https://78.media.tumblr.com/e2012d9c4ffb169275fcd46026ed4c22/tumblr_inline_p2pyo9s6SM1soemy4_250.png[/img] [nextcol] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/76965/7696487_350.png[/img] [/columns] [b]Notes:[/b] [i][u]Abilities:[/u][/i] [indent]- Quick Thinking: During a Trinket Event, when you land on Tails, this dragon only receives 2 damage. - Inner Light: Due to her glowing Inner Light, she provides a lantern effect making it easy for her and others to see in dark settings.[/indent]
Active Dragons
tumblr_inline_p2pyo8Cu4i1soemy4_250.png

Calrayn
Survivor || Charge || Leader

Lvl 5
dIgl9i2.png
HP: 90%

675.png J2ZmVAz.png
J4BHZMr.png
22919.png 2502.png

tumblr_inline_p2pyo9s6SM1soemy4_250.png

615545_350.png

Notes:

Current Abilities:
- Keen Eyes: On Trinket Days, you are allowed to pick the Event.
- Gladekeeper's Blessing: Calrayn can ask the Gladekeeper for assistance.
tumblr_inline_njougfwoWc1r2jdta.png

tumblr_inline_p2pyo8Cu4i1soemy4_250.png

Hex
Guardian || Over-Protective || Loyal

Lvl 4
dIgl9i2.png
HP: 90%

treasure.png J2ZmVAz.png
J4BHZMr.png
25062.png 26924.png

tumblr_inline_p2pyo9s6SM1soemy4_250.png

7696487_350.png

Notes:

Abilities:
- Quick Thinking: During a Trinket Event, when you land on Tails, this dragon only receives 2 damage.
- Inner Light: Due to her glowing Inner Light, she provides a lantern effect making it easy for her and others to see in dark settings.
Graveyard Res
Graveyard Res
[center][size=5][b]Chapter Directory[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/IR8vR3z.png[/img][/center] [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896#post_33806066][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/map/icons/nature_0.png[/img][/url] [i]Prologue[/i] [/center] [columns] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896#post_33806069][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/food/831.png[/img][/url] [i]Day One[/i] [nextcol] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896#post_33807406][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/7281.png[/img][/url] [i]Day Two[/i] [nextcol] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896#post_33869428][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/battle_items/675.png[/img][/url] [i]Day Three[/i] [nextcol] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896/2#post_33870005][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/9840.png[/img][/url] [i]Day Four[/i] [nextcol][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896/2#post_34014868][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/322.png[/img][/url] [i]Day Five[/i] [nextcol][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896/2#post_34014908][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/1073.png[/img][/url] [i]Day Six[/i] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896/2#post_34014949][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/15116.png[/img][/url] [i]Day Seven[/i] [nextcol] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896/2#post_34015453][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/23520.png[/img][/url] [i]Day Eight[/i] [/columns] [center][size=5][b]Back Log[/b][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/IR8vR3z.png[/img][/center] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896/2#post_34015453][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/battle_items/687.png[/img][/url] [i]Day Nine[/i] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2464896/2#post_34015453][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/5414.png[/img][/url] [i]Day Ten[/i]
Chapter Directory

IR8vR3z.png
nature_0.png
Prologue
831.png
Day One
7281.png
Day Two
675.png
Day Three
9840.png
Day Four
322.png
Day Five
1073.png
Day Six
15116.png
Day Seven
23520.png
Day Eight
Back Log

IR8vR3z.png

687.png
Day Nine

5414.png
Day Ten
Prologue

Why was this happening?

Calrayn had only been trying to be helpful. If she had known that this was how it would end up, she would have simply carried on trudging through the woods and not stopped.

But the stupid Guardian had looked so...depressed trapped in those vines like that.

"And that's when the harpies forced me to the ground," Hex said, her fins twitching with excitement. "I thought I was a goner for sure when I came through the trees and got stuck in those vines."

And here it comes...

"But then you found me!" Hex babbled with a happy grin. "I was always told that a Guardian has to find their Charge, not the other way around, but I guess that isn't true, is it?"

"Hilarious," Calrayn snorted with irritation, but Hex must have took that as some sort of laughter. The Guardian trilled happily.

"I have waited so long for you," Hex muttered, her voice suddenly very serious. The Guardian got a very strange and serious expression on her face. It made Calrayn uneasy. Hex turned her head, focusing her bright yellow orbs onto Calrayn.

"I promise," Hex murmurred in a low voice. "I will never leave you. I will always be by your side, no matter what, until my dying breath."

The knot in Calrayn's stomach tightened.

"Never say never," Calrayn chuckled weakly. Hex's serious expression didn't even twitch. The Tundra felt her ears flatten back against her head in an uneasy gesture. "Seriously, you gotta stop saying stuff like that. It's weird."

Hex's fins perked up, her eyes losing some of their intense stare.

"It's not weird. I can explain it again if -"

"No!" Calrayn snapped. "You've explained it four times already! I cannot listen to that again."

Calrayn used her much smaller build to shimmy her way under the nearby brush. She could hear the alarmed trill that Hex let out, but she didn't care. As long as she didn't have to hear anymore about the weird Charge thing.

Calrayn was so focused on her trudging, she failed to realize just how fast the brush was dropping. Suddenly it was too steep, and he claws lost their grip. Calrayn tumbled, hard and fast on the dirt. She could feel dirt and sticks jabbing at her pelt with every roll. Had Calrayn been a little younger, she was sure she could have rightened herself, but as it were, her body just wasn't the same as it used to be.

Suddenly, the ground gave way and Calrayn found herself rolling right off a steep cliff. She felt herself go airborne. All she needed to do was open her wings...just, open her wings that's all she needed...why weren't her wings listening? She had to fly!

Suddenly, there was a loud trill and a mouth of sharp teeth digging into the tuft of fur on her neck. Then, with a loud whoosh! she was floating in the air. Hex. Hex had grabbed her, prevented her from falling.

Hex landed them gracefully enough. Calrayn felt the teeth loosen as she placed gently on the ground.

Hex didn't say anything, although Calrayn was expecting some sort of reprimand. She waited for Hex to get angry and demand to know why she had gone off, why hadn't she flown, why was she so helpless...

But it never came. Hex simply stared at her, all of her fins flaring with the same rise and fall of her chest as she breathed heavier. Calrayn couldn't help it, she hated that Hex was staring at her so intently, so she growled. She growled and bared her teeth, hoping Hex would at the very least, stop staring at her.

Instead, Hex shook her head with a soft smile and trilled softly.

"Couldn't you say something nice? I did just save you."

Calrayn hunched in on herself. If she was honest, she was embarrassed that she didn't recover herself. Yes, Calrayn was older than most - over four years - but she had never truly accepted that it had an effect on her. But today made it clear that she wasn't a youngling anymore. Not that Calrayn would admit that to Hex.

But Hex was right. Calrayn should say something nice to her.

The Tundra cleared her throat to get the Guardians attention. When Hex finally settled her gaze on her, Calrayn puffed up as much as she could and stared at the Guardian.

"You smell nice," Calrayn said quickly. It wasn't a lie, Hex did smell pleasant, but it felt strange to tell another dragon that. Hex stared at her with wide eyes, her find drooping.

"Is that...is that good?" Hex asked, her head cocked to the side. Calrayn felt a hot flush under her fur. She nodded. The change in Hex was immediate. Her eyes brightened and the fins all over her body flared as far as they could go. The Guardian grinned.

"I smell nice," Hex smiled to herself.

"Don't get cocky," Calrayn snipped as she settled herself down for a little rest. "the Charge thing is still weird."

"It's not weird. I can explain it - "

"No!"
Prologue

Why was this happening?

Calrayn had only been trying to be helpful. If she had known that this was how it would end up, she would have simply carried on trudging through the woods and not stopped.

But the stupid Guardian had looked so...depressed trapped in those vines like that.

"And that's when the harpies forced me to the ground," Hex said, her fins twitching with excitement. "I thought I was a goner for sure when I came through the trees and got stuck in those vines."

And here it comes...

"But then you found me!" Hex babbled with a happy grin. "I was always told that a Guardian has to find their Charge, not the other way around, but I guess that isn't true, is it?"

"Hilarious," Calrayn snorted with irritation, but Hex must have took that as some sort of laughter. The Guardian trilled happily.

"I have waited so long for you," Hex muttered, her voice suddenly very serious. The Guardian got a very strange and serious expression on her face. It made Calrayn uneasy. Hex turned her head, focusing her bright yellow orbs onto Calrayn.

"I promise," Hex murmurred in a low voice. "I will never leave you. I will always be by your side, no matter what, until my dying breath."

The knot in Calrayn's stomach tightened.

"Never say never," Calrayn chuckled weakly. Hex's serious expression didn't even twitch. The Tundra felt her ears flatten back against her head in an uneasy gesture. "Seriously, you gotta stop saying stuff like that. It's weird."

Hex's fins perked up, her eyes losing some of their intense stare.

"It's not weird. I can explain it again if -"

"No!" Calrayn snapped. "You've explained it four times already! I cannot listen to that again."

Calrayn used her much smaller build to shimmy her way under the nearby brush. She could hear the alarmed trill that Hex let out, but she didn't care. As long as she didn't have to hear anymore about the weird Charge thing.

Calrayn was so focused on her trudging, she failed to realize just how fast the brush was dropping. Suddenly it was too steep, and he claws lost their grip. Calrayn tumbled, hard and fast on the dirt. She could feel dirt and sticks jabbing at her pelt with every roll. Had Calrayn been a little younger, she was sure she could have rightened herself, but as it were, her body just wasn't the same as it used to be.

Suddenly, the ground gave way and Calrayn found herself rolling right off a steep cliff. She felt herself go airborne. All she needed to do was open her wings...just, open her wings that's all she needed...why weren't her wings listening? She had to fly!

Suddenly, there was a loud trill and a mouth of sharp teeth digging into the tuft of fur on her neck. Then, with a loud whoosh! she was floating in the air. Hex. Hex had grabbed her, prevented her from falling.

Hex landed them gracefully enough. Calrayn felt the teeth loosen as she placed gently on the ground.

Hex didn't say anything, although Calrayn was expecting some sort of reprimand. She waited for Hex to get angry and demand to know why she had gone off, why hadn't she flown, why was she so helpless...

But it never came. Hex simply stared at her, all of her fins flaring with the same rise and fall of her chest as she breathed heavier. Calrayn couldn't help it, she hated that Hex was staring at her so intently, so she growled. She growled and bared her teeth, hoping Hex would at the very least, stop staring at her.

Instead, Hex shook her head with a soft smile and trilled softly.

"Couldn't you say something nice? I did just save you."

Calrayn hunched in on herself. If she was honest, she was embarrassed that she didn't recover herself. Yes, Calrayn was older than most - over four years - but she had never truly accepted that it had an effect on her. But today made it clear that she wasn't a youngling anymore. Not that Calrayn would admit that to Hex.

But Hex was right. Calrayn should say something nice to her.

The Tundra cleared her throat to get the Guardians attention. When Hex finally settled her gaze on her, Calrayn puffed up as much as she could and stared at the Guardian.

"You smell nice," Calrayn said quickly. It wasn't a lie, Hex did smell pleasant, but it felt strange to tell another dragon that. Hex stared at her with wide eyes, her find drooping.

"Is that...is that good?" Hex asked, her head cocked to the side. Calrayn felt a hot flush under her fur. She nodded. The change in Hex was immediate. Her eyes brightened and the fins all over her body flared as far as they could go. The Guardian grinned.

"I smell nice," Hex smiled to herself.

"Don't get cocky," Calrayn snipped as she settled herself down for a little rest. "the Charge thing is still weird."

"It's not weird. I can explain it - "

"No!"
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/food/831.png[/img] [size=3][i]Day One[/i][/size][/center] Calrayn tried very hard not to roll her eyes. It had only been one day since she had found that stupid Guardian stuck in the vines, and already she was grating on Calrayn's nerves. Even now, when they were doing a simple thing - gathering plants - the Guardian managed to be so...so [i]obnoxious![/i] "Is that [i]seriously[/i] how you gather food?" Calrayn snapped over her shoulder. She noticed that her fur had begun to fluff up on her shoulders, showing off to everyone around her that she was irritated beyond belief. Apparently Hex was no familiar enough with Tundras to pick up on it. Hex paused in her digging, lifting her head from the rather large hole in the ground. The fins along her chin were extended and they twitched, as if the Guardian was excited to be addressed. There were roots and leaves and chunks of dirt decorating her head and clinging to her teeth. "You said to gather plants," Hex said excitedly, dumping the clump of roots in her mouth into a mixed pile of roots and dirt. "I'm gathering plants for you!" "You're digging a hole in the ground," snapped Calrayn. "You can pick leaves or flowers too, not just roots in the ground." "Oh," Hex said dejectedly, as if she just realized she made a grave mistake. The fins on her face drooped. Just as Calrayn was starting to feel a bit guilty for snapping at her, the fins on Hex's face bounced back into their extended fan and her yellow eyes lit up. "I know!" "Oh, no," Calrayn muttered. The black Guardian was frantically shoveling dirt back into the hole. Normally, Calrayn would have been relieved, but there was far too many chunks of dirt flying through the air for that. "Hex, stop that!" Surprisingly enough, she did. "I fixed it!" Hex trilled triumphantly. Her tail flicked widely back and forth. Calrayn would have through it was cute if it hadn't been for the thick layer of dirt that was now in her fur. Calrayn fixed the Guardian with a stare. "Do [i]not[/i] do that again," Calrayn growled. She had threatened many a hatchling in her nesting times with that growl, and it had never failed her. Hex continued to wag her tail and grin at her with her happily twitching fins. ...well, the growl had never failed her before [i]now[/i]. "I will gather more plants!" Hex trilled. Before Calrayn could insist that she do it herself, Hex had already launched into the bushes, darting in and out with mouthfuls of different leaves and flowers, leaving them all in a pile in the center of the clearing. Calrayn sighed. She was too old for this. [center][size=3][i]Earned One Grind Token[/i][/size] [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/hwm2m54jyra1ken/treasure.png[/img][/center]
831.png
Day One

Calrayn tried very hard not to roll her eyes. It had only been one day since she had found that stupid Guardian stuck in the vines, and already she was grating on Calrayn's nerves. Even now, when they were doing a simple thing - gathering plants - the Guardian managed to be so...so obnoxious!

"Is that seriously how you gather food?" Calrayn snapped over her shoulder. She noticed that her fur had begun to fluff up on her shoulders, showing off to everyone around her that she was irritated beyond belief. Apparently Hex was no familiar enough with Tundras to pick up on it.

Hex paused in her digging, lifting her head from the rather large hole in the ground. The fins along her chin were extended and they twitched, as if the Guardian was excited to be addressed. There were roots and leaves and chunks of dirt decorating her head and clinging to her teeth.

"You said to gather plants," Hex said excitedly, dumping the clump of roots in her mouth into a mixed pile of roots and dirt. "I'm gathering plants for you!"

"You're digging a hole in the ground," snapped Calrayn. "You can pick leaves or flowers too, not just roots in the ground."

"Oh," Hex said dejectedly, as if she just realized she made a grave mistake. The fins on her face drooped. Just as Calrayn was starting to feel a bit guilty for snapping at her, the fins on Hex's face bounced back into their extended fan and her yellow eyes lit up. "I know!"

"Oh, no," Calrayn muttered. The black Guardian was frantically shoveling dirt back into the hole. Normally, Calrayn would have been relieved, but there was far too many chunks of dirt flying through the air for that. "Hex, stop that!"

Surprisingly enough, she did.

"I fixed it!" Hex trilled triumphantly. Her tail flicked widely back and forth. Calrayn would have through it was cute if it hadn't been for the thick layer of dirt that was now in her fur. Calrayn fixed the Guardian with a stare.

"Do not do that again," Calrayn growled. She had threatened many a hatchling in her nesting times with that growl, and it had never failed her.

Hex continued to wag her tail and grin at her with her happily twitching fins.

...well, the growl had never failed her before now.

"I will gather more plants!" Hex trilled. Before Calrayn could insist that she do it herself, Hex had already launched into the bushes, darting in and out with mouthfuls of different leaves and flowers, leaving them all in a pile in the center of the clearing.

Calrayn sighed. She was too old for this.
Earned One Grind Token
treasure.png
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/7281.png[/img] [i]Day Two[/i][/center] "Look what I made for you!" Hex trilled, holding out a ring of flowers in her claws. Calrayn stared at the Guardian. "Its...flowers," Calrayn remarked, still very confused as to why Hex had used their precious food to make some sort of jewelry. Calrayn ducked back and forth as Hex tried to place that ring of flowers on her head. "It is a crown," Hex said cheerfully. Calrayn could feel her ears twitch. It seemed silly to wear [i]food[/i] on your head, but Hex had made it and Calrayn was trying to be nicer to the Guardian. Dispite her twitching ears, Calrayn stayed as still as she could as the Guardian carefully arranged the flowers between her horns. It felt strange to have the soft silky petals resting against her ears, but when Hex pulled back to admire her handy work, she looked so joyful that Calrayn decided she would at least give it a try. "It...it is nice," Calrayn said in what she hoped was a grateful tone. Hex perked up and her teeth were bared in a joyful grin, her tail wagging happily. Calrayn cleared her throat. "We should keep going," Calrayn said as she turned back towards the trail they were following. Hex bound happily after her. "I'm happy that you like my gift!" Hex grinned. [center][i]Calrayn gained apparel[/i] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/equipment/2502.png[/img][/center]
7281.png
Day Two

"Look what I made for you!" Hex trilled, holding out a ring of flowers in her claws. Calrayn stared at the Guardian.

"Its...flowers," Calrayn remarked, still very confused as to why Hex had used their precious food to make some sort of jewelry. Calrayn ducked back and forth as Hex tried to place that ring of flowers on her head.

"It is a crown," Hex said cheerfully. Calrayn could feel her ears twitch. It seemed silly to wear food on your head, but Hex had made it and Calrayn was trying to be nicer to the Guardian.

Dispite her twitching ears, Calrayn stayed as still as she could as the Guardian carefully arranged the flowers between her horns. It felt strange to have the soft silky petals resting against her ears, but when Hex pulled back to admire her handy work, she looked so joyful that Calrayn decided she would at least give it a try.

"It...it is nice," Calrayn said in what she hoped was a grateful tone. Hex perked up and her teeth were bared in a joyful grin, her tail wagging happily. Calrayn cleared her throat.

"We should keep going," Calrayn said as she turned back towards the trail they were following. Hex bound happily after her.

"I'm happy that you like my gift!" Hex grinned.
Calrayn gained apparel
2502.png
[center][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/battle_items/675.png[/img] [i]Day Three[/i][/center] "Where are we going?" Hex asked. The Guardian and her reluctant Tundra charge were currently making their way through a particularly dense part of the Shrieking Wilds. They were cloaked in darkness, and Calrayn was sure it was only her keen sense of smell that had saved them from being attacked by now. There were faint patches of light glimmering high above, telling her that it was indeed day, but the thick tangle of the trees and vines would surely confuse any dragon that did not belong to Nature. "We're going to the Gladeveins," Calrayn said, her voice barely above a whisper. She knew what lurked in these trees, even if Hex was a little oblivious to the dangers. With every day that passed, Calrayn was more and more relieved that she hadn't abandoned the Guardian. It was clear she wouldn't have survived very long. "Why?" Hex hummed, her voice wisely dropping to match Calrayn's own. The Tundra tried not to huff in annoyance. She wondered if all Guardians were this dense, or if it was just Light dragons in general. "The Shrieking Wilds are dangerous," Calrayn said, pausing to sniff the air between two thick sets of trees before deciding it would be safer to travel the bend on the left. She couldn't smell anything dangerous nearby, but that didn't really mean anything. Nature was a dangerous place, even without the lurking Beast Clans. "I want to retire in a nice place where I don't have to worry about Beasts attacking every day." Surprisingly, Hex nodded wisely. "You are right. Shadows hide enemies well." Hex said, her bright yellow eyes suddenly studying the shadows around them closely. [i]Finally.[/i] Calrayn relaxed slightly. She was relieved that Hex seemed to finally be picking up on the looming danger around them, although she was sure the Guardian didn't know that half of it. "Stop!" Calrayn hissed. Hex froze beside her, her fins fanning wide in alarm, her eyes darting back and forth for danger. "Don't take another step forward," Calrayn said carefully. Quick sand was not common in most of Nature, but in the Shrieking Wilds, anything was possible. The sand had a subtle scent, had Calrayn not been so keen on locating danger, Hex would have been swallowed before either of them could have blinked. "Come towards my voice," Calrayn murmured, hopefully not scaring the larger dragon into doing something rash. She heard, more than saw, Hex take a few cautious steps in her direction. Calrayn hummed in encouragement, whispering just loud enough to bring Hex closer to her. When she felt the slick scales of Hex's flank against her fur, she sighed with relief. Calrayn took a handful of slow, deep breaths. The sand pit was bigger than she initially though, although moving around it wouldn't push them too far off course. She muttered to Hex to follow her. Hex, surprisingly, obeyed. They reached the edge of the pit in no time, which relieved Calrayn. Her journey would have been so much easier if she didn't have an overgrown hatchling to watch over. Just as they began to skirt the edge of the pit, dipping in between trees, Hex hissed, her fins flaring. Calrayn stopped abruptly. Not that she truly trusted Hex's sense of danger, but it was certainly always best to be cautious. "What is that?" Hex hissed, her eyes narrowing towards the bank of the pit. Calrayn squinted herself. It was hard to make out in the darkness, but it looked to be...a satchel? Calrayn inched herself forward, ingnoring Hex's quiet protests, until she saw the bag clearly. It was indeed a satchel. Calrayn picked it up carefully. There was only a book inside, with strange markings on the cover. She turned the book over carefully in her claws, but in the darkness, she couldn't make out what it said. She showed the book to Hex, who had eyes that glowed with faint light (which Calrayn assumed was because she was a Light dragon) and was able to see the book more clearly. "It is a book," Hex said in a perplexed tone. Calrayn sniffed the book and the satchel, and at the grass around them. "If I had to guess," she said with another deep breath around the edge of the pit. "I would say whoever owned this satchel was not fortunate enough to avoid the pit." Hex said nothing, but Calrayn could hear her swallow tightly. Calrayn nodded to herself. It seemed Hex was finally beginning to understand. "You could have fell in," Hex said. Calrayn stared at the Light dragon's profile, or what she could make out in the darkness. Calrayn began to protest that, no, Calrayn would [i]not[/i] have fallen in, not with her sense of smell, but Hex interrupted her with a deep, unsettling sigh. "I am a bad Guardian," Hex whispered. The Guardian turned her large head to bump against Calrayn's shoulder. "I am sorry I failed you. I will do better to watch for danger. I will do better to protect you." Calrayn huffed. Guardians were so [i]very[/i] annoying. Of course, Hex's absurd dedication to her was very strange, especially once one takes into account the whole Charge business, but Calrayn couldn't help but to feel a bit warm under her fur. That was dangerous all on it's own. Calrayn had sworn she would not suffer loss again, not like she did with the loss of her clan. If she allowed Hex to continue on like this, Calrayn would possibly start to see her as more than a traveling companion, and that would not do. "I wouldn't have fallen in," the Tundra huffed, throwing the satchel over her shoulder. "I would have known to avoid it immediately because [i]you[/i] would have fallen in." They walked along in silence for a few long moments. "So," Hex began slowly. "You would not have been harmed, because I would have fallen in first?" "Yes," Calrayn replied. "I'm glad to see that you have been paying attention." Another long pause. "So that means I protected you?" Hex asked with a tinge of hopefulness. Calrayn was grateful that the darkness hid how she rolled her eyes. She opened her mouth, ready to tell Hex that, no that was not the point she was getting at, however the Guardian looked so hopeful, so...[i]content[/i] that Calrayn couldn't quite bring herself to do it. She sighed in defeat. "Yes, Hex, you protected me," Calrayn sighed again, resigning herself to her fate. She could practically feel the Guardian behind her beaming fin to fin. "That means I am a [i]good[/i] Guardian!" [center][i]Calrayn adds a Battle Stone to her inventory[/i] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/battle_items/675.png[/img][/center]
675.png
Day Three

"Where are we going?" Hex asked.

The Guardian and her reluctant Tundra charge were currently making their way through a particularly dense part of the Shrieking Wilds. They were cloaked in darkness, and Calrayn was sure it was only her keen sense of smell that had saved them from being attacked by now. There were faint patches of light glimmering high above, telling her that it was indeed day, but the thick tangle of the trees and vines would surely confuse any dragon that did not belong to Nature.

"We're going to the Gladeveins," Calrayn said, her voice barely above a whisper. She knew what lurked in these trees, even if Hex was a little oblivious to the dangers. With every day that passed, Calrayn was more and more relieved that she hadn't abandoned the Guardian. It was clear she wouldn't have survived very long.

"Why?" Hex hummed, her voice wisely dropping to match Calrayn's own. The Tundra tried not to huff in annoyance. She wondered if all Guardians were this dense, or if it was just Light dragons in general.

"The Shrieking Wilds are dangerous," Calrayn said, pausing to sniff the air between two thick sets of trees before deciding it would be safer to travel the bend on the left. She couldn't smell anything dangerous nearby, but that didn't really mean anything. Nature was a dangerous place, even without the lurking Beast Clans. "I want to retire in a nice place where I don't have to worry about Beasts attacking every day."

Surprisingly, Hex nodded wisely.

"You are right. Shadows hide enemies well." Hex said, her bright yellow eyes suddenly studying the shadows around them closely. Finally.

Calrayn relaxed slightly. She was relieved that Hex seemed to finally be picking up on the looming danger around them, although she was sure the Guardian didn't know that half of it.

"Stop!" Calrayn hissed. Hex froze beside her, her fins fanning wide in alarm, her eyes darting back and forth for danger.

"Don't take another step forward," Calrayn said carefully. Quick sand was not common in most of Nature, but in the Shrieking Wilds, anything was possible. The sand had a subtle scent, had Calrayn not been so keen on locating danger, Hex would have been swallowed before either of them could have blinked.

"Come towards my voice," Calrayn murmured, hopefully not scaring the larger dragon into doing something rash. She heard, more than saw, Hex take a few cautious steps in her direction. Calrayn hummed in encouragement, whispering just loud enough to bring Hex closer to her. When she felt the slick scales of Hex's flank against her fur, she sighed with relief.

Calrayn took a handful of slow, deep breaths. The sand pit was bigger than she initially though, although moving around it wouldn't push them too far off course. She muttered to Hex to follow her. Hex, surprisingly, obeyed. They reached the edge of the pit in no time, which relieved Calrayn. Her journey would have been so much easier if she didn't have an overgrown hatchling to watch over.

Just as they began to skirt the edge of the pit, dipping in between trees, Hex hissed, her fins flaring. Calrayn stopped abruptly. Not that she truly trusted Hex's sense of danger, but it was certainly always best to be cautious.

"What is that?" Hex hissed, her eyes narrowing towards the bank of the pit. Calrayn squinted herself. It was hard to make out in the darkness, but it looked to be...a satchel? Calrayn inched herself forward, ingnoring Hex's quiet protests, until she saw the bag clearly.

It was indeed a satchel. Calrayn picked it up carefully. There was only a book inside, with strange markings on the cover. She turned the book over carefully in her claws, but in the darkness, she couldn't make out what it said. She showed the book to Hex, who had eyes that glowed with faint light (which Calrayn assumed was because she was a Light dragon) and was able to see the book more clearly.

"It is a book," Hex said in a perplexed tone. Calrayn sniffed the book and the satchel, and at the grass around them.

"If I had to guess," she said with another deep breath around the edge of the pit. "I would say whoever owned this satchel was not fortunate enough to avoid the pit."

Hex said nothing, but Calrayn could hear her swallow tightly. Calrayn nodded to herself. It seemed Hex was finally beginning to understand.

"You could have fell in," Hex said. Calrayn stared at the Light dragon's profile, or what she could make out in the darkness. Calrayn began to protest that, no, Calrayn would not have fallen in, not with her sense of smell, but Hex interrupted her with a deep, unsettling sigh.

"I am a bad Guardian," Hex whispered. The Guardian turned her large head to bump against Calrayn's shoulder. "I am sorry I failed you. I will do better to watch for danger. I will do better to protect you."

Calrayn huffed. Guardians were so very annoying. Of course, Hex's absurd dedication to her was very strange, especially once one takes into account the whole Charge business, but Calrayn couldn't help but to feel a bit warm under her fur.

That was dangerous all on it's own. Calrayn had sworn she would not suffer loss again, not like she did with the loss of her clan. If she allowed Hex to continue on like this, Calrayn would possibly start to see her as more than a traveling companion, and that would not do.

"I wouldn't have fallen in," the Tundra huffed, throwing the satchel over her shoulder. "I would have known to avoid it immediately because you would have fallen in."

They walked along in silence for a few long moments.

"So," Hex began slowly. "You would not have been harmed, because I would have fallen in first?"

"Yes," Calrayn replied. "I'm glad to see that you have been paying attention."

Another long pause.

"So that means I protected you?" Hex asked with a tinge of hopefulness.

Calrayn was grateful that the darkness hid how she rolled her eyes. She opened her mouth, ready to tell Hex that, no that was not the point she was getting at, however the Guardian looked so hopeful, so...content that Calrayn couldn't quite bring herself to do it.

She sighed in defeat.

"Yes, Hex, you protected me," Calrayn sighed again, resigning herself to her fate. She could practically feel the Guardian behind her beaming fin to fin.

"That means I am a good Guardian!"
Calrayn adds a Battle Stone to her inventory
675.png
1 2