Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Amare means Love~100 Hatchling Challenge
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19
Well a large part of that might depend on the adoptee. Makes me root for them to be adopted together, though I know that's unlikely.

Also let amare say heck
Well a large part of that might depend on the adoptee. Makes me root for them to be adopted together, though I know that's unlikely.

Also let amare say heck
@Rosesinger all we can do is pray. I can't keep them forever....

Why do I have to let Amare say heck?
@Rosesinger all we can do is pray. I can't keep them forever....

16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
[quote name="SaphireKat" date="2019-03-09 15:33:46" ] Why do I have to let Amare say heck? [/quote] I... I don't actually know? [emoji=tundra confused]
SaphireKat wrote on 2019-03-09 15:33:46:

I...

I don't actually know?
@saphirekat oooo such a sweet story ;3; I really love how this turned out ;v;

how much are the two gaurdian kiddos? o3o i'll happily give them a home together <3
@saphirekat oooo such a sweet story ;3; I really love how this turned out ;v;

how much are the two gaurdian kiddos? o3o i'll happily give them a home together <3

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

If it’s in my active purge tab, take them. I want them gone.
@MysteryGyn It's up to you. You can even have them for free if you want [emoji=familiar heart]
@MysteryGyn It's up to you. You can even have them for free if you want
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
@SaphireKat you sure? ;3; i'm happy to pay for them ;v;
@SaphireKat you sure? ;3; i'm happy to pay for them ;v;

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

@MysteryGyn yeah I can just send them over~
@MysteryGyn yeah I can just send them over~
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
@SaphireKat alrighty, Thank you ;v; I promise to take good care of them ;v;
@SaphireKat alrighty, Thank you ;v; I promise to take good care of them ;v;

Founder of F.R.O.G.G

@Rosesinger forgot to ping you today! Amare's ready to go tomorrow, so feel free to send over your girl and her lore!

I also bought a few mates for Amare later on down he road and put them on the list for later for anyone who would like to know!
@Rosesinger forgot to ping you today! Amare's ready to go tomorrow, so feel free to send over your girl and her lore!

I also bought a few mates for Amare later on down he road and put them on the list for later for anyone who would like to know!
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
@SariStar @Dragonfruiteen @Venusian @EccentricElf23 @Rosesinger @MonoDusk @MysteryGyn More children and a description of Amare's personal home, yeet. It ended up being a long one! I hope I did Morainne justice. Neither of these hatchlings will be up for adoption, because Rosesinger already claimed one and I've become invested in them, so I'll be keeping the other! Citrine is still available for adoption, though. Also, Rose, tell me if you want Aura or Railen so I can send them over with Morainne! [quote] “Come on, Amare! You have to run faster if we’re going to make it on time!” Tenelle squeaked as she rode on top of her brother’s head. “I’m going as fast as I can!” He huffed, feet thundering on the earth beneath his feet as he bounded towards the marketplace. “I don’t even know why you want to go, you never like being in public!” “I wanted to see the performers! Besides, I have my giant guardian brother to protect me,” She jabbed back. Amare sighed and came to a skidding halt when he saw the gathering of dragons around a set-up in the middle of the marketplace. “What is this, exactly? A circus?” Amare asked Tenelle, who slid down his neck and was now sitting on his shoulder. “A troupe of traveling performers!” Tenelle responded. “The Troupe of the Evening Stars, to be exact. Haven’t you seen the flyers?” Amare rolled his eyes. “I’ve been busy raising the hatchlings I had with Monarch, if you haven’t noticed.” Tenelle snorted. “Must be nice, having hatchlings.” She looked up to see a dragon come on stage, a blue and white fae. “Oh, shhh!” She exclaimed, frills fanning with excitement. “Welcome ladies and gentledragons, to the Evening Stars!” The fae announced through a megaphone. Amare heard the excited whispers of the dragons around him as the first act began. Amare watched as dragons did flips on stage with magic and threw knives at targets. Then, a puff of fire caught his eyes and his focus was drawn onto a very striped pink and orange mirror. He watched as she began wielding fire expertly while she danced through and with it, her ember-colored dress flowing in the air, as if fire danced on her body. Amare couldn’t help but let a whistle escape his mouth as she danced on stage. “Wow, she’s amazing!” Tenelle said. “She’s… hot,” Amare mumbled. He could hear Tenelle face-palm. “Nice pun…” Amare snorted, watching the mirror finish her act. He was hardly able to focus on the rest of the show as he thought about the mirror’s dancing. When the troupe wrapped up the show, Amare felt himself trying to walk through the crowd, trying to make it back-stage. “Amare, what are you doing?” Tenelle asked, climbing back up onto his head. “I want to talk to her,” He mumbled, stepping over a few smaller dragons. “The mirror?” Tenelle asked, following it with a snicker. Amare ignored her and continued pushing through the crowd. He rounded the corner of the stage, but quickly hid behind it. “Swelter, why can’t you just listen?!” the mirror shouted at a particularly bright skydancer. “Me? Not listening? Says the one who refuses to give me space when I ask for it! Dieties above, you’re so clingy!” He spat back. “Let me alone, Morrainn!” “Clingy?! I only want to spend time with you! You always push me away and never give me any attention!” Morrainn said. “That’s a lie! I do give you attention, but it seems you’re just an attention hog!” Swelter spat, trodding off. Amare watched as the so-called Swelter disappear among the rest of the performers, then watched as Morrainn plopped down with a heavy sigh. She looked at her feet. Amare watched her, almost feeling sad for her. He merely looked at her with a forlorn face before he felt a jab on the side of the neck. He looked over to see his sister back on his shoulder. “What are you waiting for, go talk to her,” Tenelle whispered. “Okay, okay, but I think I can manage on my own,” Amare snorted, blowing her off. He watched as the fae flew off before turning his attention back to the mirror. At this point she appeared to be… crying? Amare gulped, he wasn’t good with crying. He remembered a time when Tenelle was crying over someone and he tried to help but only ended up crying himself and making things worse. He sighed and stepped out from his hiding place behind the stage. “H-hey, that performance was great. You were very beautiful out there,” Amare watched as the mirror seemed to lurch at his voice and quickly wiped her tears away before she turned to him and plastered on a fake smile. “Thanks!” She said with a wide smile. “I’m glad you enjoyed the show!” Amare smiled back a little. “My name’s Amare, what’s yours?” “Oh, I’m Morainne,” The mirror replied, rubbing her eye with a hand, still smiling but trying not to cry. Amare tilted his head. “Hey, you okay?” He asked, knowing she wasn’t. “Uh….” She breathed out. “Want to go on a walk with me?” “Sure,” Amare said, letting her to take the lead. [center]~~~[/center] Amare sat with Morainne on the same cliff edge he had sat a while ago with a past mate. At least it was at night and not bright out like last time. Amare’s scales shown in the moonlight but not as intense as the sunlight. He sat and listened as Morainne ranted on about the skydancer, Swelter, who she had been fighting with. “I don’t understand him! It’s like, he’s constantly flip-flopping his mood. One minute he’s offering me a rose and the next he’s giving me the cold shoulder.” Morainne sighed. “You don’t need that in your life,” Amare said. “I had a mate like that once, one minute she was bubbly and happy and the next she was angry and demanding.” Morainne looked up at Amare. “Hmm…” she hummed pensively. “Maybe we have more in common than you know.” Amare gave a small laugh. “I dunno, I doubt you live in one place all the time looking for your forever mate.” Morainne giggled. “Well, you have me there. I move around a lot. I am looking for my soulmate though.” Amare smiled. “Alright, alright.” “Hey, Amare! It’s getting late, we should go home.” Tenelle said, flapping up and landing on one of Amare’s horns out of nowhere. Amare snorted. “Were you… watching us?” He grumbled, shaking the fae from his horns. “Who’s this?” Morainne asked. “I’m Tenelle, Amare’s big sister!” She said, prodding the side of his face. Amare grumbled, and Morainne giggled at his loss. “Fine, let’s go home…” Amare mumbled. “Sorry, Morainne, even though I’m an adult Tenelle here seems to think I still have a curfew.” Morainne grabbed his paw. “Wait… let me come with you. I’d like to check out a local clan.” Amare raised a brow at her. “Um… okay? But what about your troupe?” Morainne grinned. “Oh, I wander off all the time. As long as I’m back for next week’s farewell show, it’ll be fine.” [center]~~~[/center] Amare smiled as he returned to his clan, Tenelle perched in his horns and Morainne riding on his shoulders since he offered her a ride. He stepped among the many dens that different dragons had made around the area they claimed as their own. They had developed a village, almost. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=370083&tab=dragon&did=48835661]A tundra[/url] watched as they walked past. “Aye, it appears our dearest Amare done hath bring another fine duchess home,” The tundra said with an unnecessary flair. Tenelle rolled her eyes. “Umbralonious, you and your love for Shakespeare….” She grumbled. “Tell me about it…” Amare mumbled. Morainne giggled. “He’d make a great playactor.” she said with a smile. “Thank you for your compliments fine duchess!” Umbra said, hearing them. “Please don’t encourage him…” Amare lamented, though he was smiling. Morainne giggled at his expense. Amare walked up to a rather large lair and ducked in. It was all natural, but it was built like a castle. Tenelle leapt from Amare’s horn. “Well, I’m off to write in my journal. Don’t forget to tell mom and dad we’re home!” Tenelle said as she flew off. Amare nodded. Morainne climbed up to the back of his neck and took a seat where Tenelle was. “Is she really your sister?” Morainne asked. “I was adopted.” Amare replied. “Oh… I’m… sorry?” She said a little awkwardly. “Nah, don’t be. I mean, my adoptive parents are the King and Queen of my clan. I’d rather be raised with them than my real father who… uh… had no idea what he was doing.” He said. “Oh…” [center]~~~[/center] After Amare told his parents he was home, he ducked out of the “castle” and through a tunnel that led to a much less fancy, yet very lovely decorated nest. The place where Amare slept was plush and various novels were stacked nearby. A natural stone canopy kept it out of the weather, but the rest of Amare’s alcove was open to the night sky. There were a few sparsely stocked shelves with a few bottles and bowls and trinkets and an old, yet colorful, floor mat. There was an exit back to the main clan’s area, and then the tunnel where they exited. Morainne leapt from Amare and onto the ground. “This is your own place?” She asked. “Uh, yeah. Built and decorated most of it myself.” Amare said. “Rather live here then in the stuffy castle. I was never meant to be royalty.” He laughed. He moved to his bed and laid within. Morraine joined him, curling up by his front leg. “So, what did that tundra mean by [i]another[/i] fine duchess?” Amare’s face flushed. “Uh… I’ve brought several dragonesses home…” He admitted. “Please don’t take that the wrong way… I’m just trying to find my forever lady, and none of my endeavors have worked out….” “Ah, I know how that feels….” She mumbled. She then got a mischievous look about her. “Ever… father any hatchlings?” Amare nearly choked on his own spit and coughed. “Whoa… watch it. But yeah… I have. I like… have 12 kids out there. Wonder if I have any grandkids… gods above I’m too young for that crap.” Morainne laughed, rolling over. Amare looked at her and quirked a brow. “What about you?” Amare asked. “Nope,” Morainne said. “I’ve been with a lot of different dragons, but no nests.” Amare shuffled his paws. “I see,” He said before letting out a loud yawn. “Well, you’re free to spend the night,” He said, setting his head on his paws and closing his eyes. There were a few moments of silence before Morainne decided to break it. “Have a nest with me, Amare.” Amare’s head snapped up. “Wait what?” “Please?” Morainne asked. “I want to have a nest….” Amare’s mind was racing. He’d just met her… but then again that never stopped him before. “A-are you sure?” Amare asked. Morainne pressed her paws to his shoulder. “Yes.” [center]~~~[/center] Amare was sitting, curled around his two eggs that he had with Morainne. He was left egg sitting while Morainne was out talking something over with her troupe leader. He couldn’t help but wonder if he had gotten her in trouble. He looked over the eggs. Part of him didn’t want her to be in trouble, while part of him wanted her to be able to stay. He sighed. “Hey, how are the children to be?” Tenelle asked, popping in. “Ah, they’re fine.” He said. “I’m just waiting for Morainne to get back.” “Do you think she’ll be staying?” Tenelle asked. Amare fell silent. He didn’t know, but something said she wouldn’t be. He sighed. Tenelle came over and touched his shoulder. Suddenly, one of the two eggs moved. Amare snorted. “Tenelle, go find Morainne.” He said. Tenelle nodded and flew off while Amare watched the egg. He supported it as the egg began to crack and chip. He looked towards the exit of his nest, impatiently waiting for Tenelle and Morainne. Pink and orange darted through the entrance just as the egg cracked open to reveal the tiny pink mirror within. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50420665] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/504207/50420665_350.png[/img] [/url] “Ah, she looks like me!” Morainne exclaimed as she skidded to a halt before the hatchling. Amare smiled as she picked up the hatchling and began doting on it. While Morainne was focused on their daughter, Amare turned his attention to the other egg, that was now trying to hatch. He watched as the brown head poked through and a little brown and orange mirror crawled his way out. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=50420666] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/504207/50420666_350.png[/img] [/url] Amare smiled and let the hatchling climb to the crook of his arm. He watched as the mirror pup curled up and fell asleep on him. He looked to Morainne, who looked at him, eyes shining with emotion. “What do you want to name her?” Amare asked. Morainne smiled. “I’m not sure, how about… Aura?” Amare nodded before looking at the mirror that snuggled against his arm. “I’ll name him Railen.” Morainne smiled and came over with Aura to rest in his arms. [center]~~~[/center] Amare snuggled around Morainne and his hatchlings as she cuddled the tiny mirrors as they slept. He sighed. “Morainne,” He began. “What are you going to do now?” He asked. Morainne was silent for a few moments, then sighed. “I have to go… with the troupe tomorrow, when they leave.” Amare hummed and nodded. He knew it. “I’m sorry Amare, I was going to tell you… Rutile can’t lose a performer and Swelter….” She mumbled. “What about Swelter?” He asked. “He’s begging me to forgive him. He’s afraid I was going to leave the troupe for you, even though I have to remain loyal to Rutile.” Amare nodded, though he snorted. “Are you mad?” Morainne asked. “No, no. I understand. It’s just… I don’t like Swelter.” Morainne giggled. “Though, what about Aura and Railen?” Amare asked. “Rutile said I could bring one of them with me,” Morainne said, petting their heads “Raise one of them to be a performer and become part of the troupe. Though, which one?” Amare smiled. “Whichever you’d like, love. The other will remain with me. I’ll teach them to… I don’t know, but they’ll be loved.” Morainne smiled back. [center]~~~[/center] Amare watched as Morainne carried her child on her back as she went to rejoin her troupe. She chattered to the child excitedly about how she’d raise them up to be the best performer ever and support them the entire way. Amare smiled and said the same to his own hatchling, who was nestled safely between his shoulders. Amare watched as Swelter broke from the group to greet Morainne, who happily introduced him to her hatchling. Swelter was a little awkward about it, but Amare could tell he was just happy to have Morainne back. Amare watched as the two began to walk back to the group of performers. Amare took a few steps after them. “Hey, Swelter,” He called. The skydancer turned to look at Amare. “Hurt either one of them, and mark my words, I’ll kick your butt so hard.” Amare watched as Swelter gulped then nodded furiously. Morainne laughed loudly. “Maybe we’ll see you again one day!” Morainne said. “I hope so.” [/quote]
@SariStar @Dragonfruiteen @Venusian @EccentricElf23 @Rosesinger @MonoDusk @MysteryGyn

More children and a description of Amare's personal home, yeet. It ended up being a long one! I hope I did Morainne justice.

Neither of these hatchlings will be up for adoption, because Rosesinger already claimed one and I've become invested in them, so I'll be keeping the other!

Citrine is still available for adoption, though. Also, Rose, tell me if you want Aura or Railen so I can send them over with Morainne!
Quote:
“Come on, Amare! You have to run faster if we’re going to make it on time!” Tenelle squeaked as she rode on top of her brother’s head.

“I’m going as fast as I can!” He huffed, feet thundering on the earth beneath his feet as he bounded towards the marketplace. “I don’t even know why you want to go, you never like being in public!”

“I wanted to see the performers! Besides, I have my giant guardian brother to protect me,” She jabbed back.

Amare sighed and came to a skidding halt when he saw the gathering of dragons around a set-up in the middle of the marketplace.

“What is this, exactly? A circus?” Amare asked Tenelle, who slid down his neck and was now sitting on his shoulder.

“A troupe of traveling performers!” Tenelle responded. “The Troupe of the Evening Stars, to be exact. Haven’t you seen the flyers?”

Amare rolled his eyes. “I’ve been busy raising the hatchlings I had with Monarch, if you haven’t noticed.”

Tenelle snorted. “Must be nice, having hatchlings.” She looked up to see a dragon come on stage, a blue and white fae. “Oh, shhh!” She exclaimed, frills fanning with excitement.

“Welcome ladies and gentledragons, to the Evening Stars!” The fae announced through a megaphone.

Amare heard the excited whispers of the dragons around him as the first act began. Amare watched as dragons did flips on stage with magic and threw knives at targets. Then, a puff of fire caught his eyes and his focus was drawn onto a very striped pink and orange mirror. He watched as she began wielding fire expertly while she danced through and with it, her ember-colored dress flowing in the air, as if fire danced on her body. Amare couldn’t help but let a whistle escape his mouth as she danced on stage.

“Wow, she’s amazing!” Tenelle said.

“She’s… hot,” Amare mumbled.

He could hear Tenelle face-palm. “Nice pun…”

Amare snorted, watching the mirror finish her act. He was hardly able to focus on the rest of the show as he thought about the mirror’s dancing. When the troupe wrapped up the show, Amare felt himself trying to walk through the crowd, trying to make it back-stage.

“Amare, what are you doing?” Tenelle asked, climbing back up onto his head.

“I want to talk to her,” He mumbled, stepping over a few smaller dragons.

“The mirror?” Tenelle asked, following it with a snicker.

Amare ignored her and continued pushing through the crowd. He rounded the corner of the stage, but quickly hid behind it.

“Swelter, why can’t you just listen?!” the mirror shouted at a particularly bright skydancer.

“Me? Not listening? Says the one who refuses to give me space when I ask for it! Dieties above, you’re so clingy!” He spat back. “Let me alone, Morrainn!”

“Clingy?! I only want to spend time with you! You always push me away and never give me any attention!” Morrainn said.

“That’s a lie! I do give you attention, but it seems you’re just an attention hog!” Swelter spat, trodding off.

Amare watched as the so-called Swelter disappear among the rest of the performers, then watched as Morrainn plopped down with a heavy sigh. She looked at her feet. Amare watched her, almost feeling sad for her. He merely looked at her with a forlorn face before he felt a jab on the side of the neck. He looked over to see his sister back on his shoulder.

“What are you waiting for, go talk to her,” Tenelle whispered.

“Okay, okay, but I think I can manage on my own,” Amare snorted, blowing her off. He watched as the fae flew off before turning his attention back to the mirror.

At this point she appeared to be… crying? Amare gulped, he wasn’t good with crying. He remembered a time when Tenelle was crying over someone and he tried to help but only ended up crying himself and making things worse. He sighed and stepped out from his hiding place behind the stage.

“H-hey, that performance was great. You were very beautiful out there,”

Amare watched as the mirror seemed to lurch at his voice and quickly wiped her tears away before she turned to him and plastered on a fake smile.
“Thanks!” She said with a wide smile. “I’m glad you enjoyed the show!”

Amare smiled back a little. “My name’s Amare, what’s yours?”

“Oh, I’m Morainne,” The mirror replied, rubbing her eye with a hand, still smiling but trying not to cry.

Amare tilted his head. “Hey, you okay?” He asked, knowing she wasn’t.

“Uh….” She breathed out. “Want to go on a walk with me?”

“Sure,” Amare said, letting her to take the lead.
~~~

Amare sat with Morainne on the same cliff edge he had sat a while ago with a past mate. At least it was at night and not bright out like last time. Amare’s scales shown in the moonlight but not as intense as the sunlight. He sat and listened as Morainne ranted on about the skydancer, Swelter, who she had been fighting with.

“I don’t understand him! It’s like, he’s constantly flip-flopping his mood. One minute he’s offering me a rose and the next he’s giving me the cold shoulder.” Morainne sighed.

“You don’t need that in your life,” Amare said. “I had a mate like that once, one minute she was bubbly and happy and the next she was angry and demanding.”

Morainne looked up at Amare. “Hmm…” she hummed pensively. “Maybe we have more in common than you know.”

Amare gave a small laugh. “I dunno, I doubt you live in one place all the time looking for your forever mate.”

Morainne giggled. “Well, you have me there. I move around a lot. I am looking for my soulmate though.”

Amare smiled. “Alright, alright.”

“Hey, Amare! It’s getting late, we should go home.” Tenelle said, flapping up and landing on one of Amare’s horns out of nowhere.

Amare snorted. “Were you… watching us?” He grumbled, shaking the fae from his horns.

“Who’s this?” Morainne asked.
“I’m Tenelle, Amare’s big sister!” She said, prodding the side of his face.

Amare grumbled, and Morainne giggled at his loss.

“Fine, let’s go home…” Amare mumbled. “Sorry, Morainne, even though I’m an adult Tenelle here seems to think I still have a curfew.”

Morainne grabbed his paw. “Wait… let me come with you. I’d like to check out a local clan.”

Amare raised a brow at her. “Um… okay? But what about your troupe?”

Morainne grinned. “Oh, I wander off all the time. As long as I’m back for next week’s farewell show, it’ll be fine.”
~~~

Amare smiled as he returned to his clan, Tenelle perched in his horns and Morainne riding on his shoulders since he offered her a ride. He stepped among the many dens that different dragons had made around the area they claimed as their own. They had developed a village, almost. A tundra watched as they walked past.

“Aye, it appears our dearest Amare done hath bring another fine duchess home,” The tundra said with an unnecessary flair.

Tenelle rolled her eyes. “Umbralonious, you and your love for Shakespeare….” She grumbled.

“Tell me about it…” Amare mumbled.

Morainne giggled. “He’d make a great playactor.” she said with a smile.

“Thank you for your compliments fine duchess!” Umbra said, hearing them.

“Please don’t encourage him…” Amare lamented, though he was smiling. Morainne giggled at his expense.

Amare walked up to a rather large lair and ducked in. It was all natural, but it was built like a castle. Tenelle leapt from Amare’s horn.

“Well, I’m off to write in my journal. Don’t forget to tell mom and dad we’re home!” Tenelle said as she flew off.

Amare nodded. Morainne climbed up to the back of his neck and took a seat where Tenelle was.

“Is she really your sister?” Morainne asked.

“I was adopted.” Amare replied.

“Oh… I’m… sorry?” She said a little awkwardly.

“Nah, don’t be. I mean, my adoptive parents are the King and Queen of my clan. I’d rather be raised with them than my real father who… uh… had no idea what he was doing.” He said.

“Oh…”
~~~

After Amare told his parents he was home, he ducked out of the “castle” and through a tunnel that led to a much less fancy, yet very lovely decorated nest. The place where Amare slept was plush and various novels were stacked nearby. A natural stone canopy kept it out of the weather, but the rest of Amare’s alcove was open to the night sky. There were a few sparsely stocked shelves with a few bottles and bowls and trinkets and an old, yet colorful, floor mat. There was an exit back to the main clan’s area, and then the tunnel where they exited.

Morainne leapt from Amare and onto the ground. “This is your own place?” She asked.

“Uh, yeah. Built and decorated most of it myself.” Amare said. “Rather live here then in the stuffy castle. I was never meant to be royalty.” He laughed. He moved to his bed and laid within.

Morraine joined him, curling up by his front leg. “So, what did that tundra mean by another fine duchess?”

Amare’s face flushed. “Uh… I’ve brought several dragonesses home…” He admitted. “Please don’t take that the wrong way… I’m just trying to find my forever lady, and none of my endeavors have worked out….”

“Ah, I know how that feels….” She mumbled. She then got a mischievous look about her. “Ever… father any hatchlings?”

Amare nearly choked on his own spit and coughed. “Whoa… watch it. But yeah… I have. I like… have 12 kids out there. Wonder if I have any grandkids… gods above I’m too young for that crap.”

Morainne laughed, rolling over. Amare looked at her and quirked a brow.

“What about you?” Amare asked.
“Nope,” Morainne said. “I’ve been with a lot of different dragons, but no nests.”

Amare shuffled his paws. “I see,” He said before letting out a loud yawn. “Well, you’re free to spend the night,” He said, setting his head on his paws and closing his eyes.

There were a few moments of silence before Morainne decided to break it.

“Have a nest with me, Amare.”

Amare’s head snapped up. “Wait what?”

“Please?” Morainne asked. “I want to have a nest….”

Amare’s mind was racing. He’d just met her… but then again that never stopped him before.

“A-are you sure?” Amare asked.

Morainne pressed her paws to his shoulder. “Yes.”
~~~

Amare was sitting, curled around his two eggs that he had with Morainne. He was left egg sitting while Morainne was out talking something over with her troupe leader. He couldn’t help but wonder if he had gotten her in trouble. He looked over the eggs. Part of him didn’t want her to be in trouble, while part of him wanted her to be able to stay. He sighed.

“Hey, how are the children to be?” Tenelle asked, popping in.

“Ah, they’re fine.” He said. “I’m just waiting for Morainne to get back.”

“Do you think she’ll be staying?” Tenelle asked.

Amare fell silent. He didn’t know, but something said she wouldn’t be. He sighed. Tenelle came over and touched his shoulder.

Suddenly, one of the two eggs moved. Amare snorted. “Tenelle, go find Morainne.” He said.

Tenelle nodded and flew off while Amare watched the egg. He supported it as the egg began to crack and chip. He looked towards the exit of his nest, impatiently waiting for Tenelle and Morainne.

Pink and orange darted through the entrance just as the egg cracked open to reveal the tiny pink mirror within.

50420665_350.png

“Ah, she looks like me!” Morainne exclaimed as she skidded to a halt before the hatchling. Amare smiled as she picked up the hatchling and began doting on it.

While Morainne was focused on their daughter, Amare turned his attention to the other egg, that was now trying to hatch. He watched as the brown head poked through and a little brown and orange mirror crawled his way out.

50420666_350.png

Amare smiled and let the hatchling climb to the crook of his arm. He watched as the mirror pup curled up and fell asleep on him. He looked to Morainne, who looked at him, eyes shining with emotion.

“What do you want to name her?” Amare asked.

Morainne smiled. “I’m not sure, how about… Aura?”

Amare nodded before looking at the mirror that snuggled against his arm. “I’ll name him Railen.”

Morainne smiled and came over with Aura to rest in his arms.
~~~

Amare snuggled around Morainne and his hatchlings as she cuddled the tiny mirrors as they slept. He sighed.

“Morainne,” He began. “What are you going to do now?” He asked.

Morainne was silent for a few moments, then sighed. “I have to go… with the troupe tomorrow, when they leave.”

Amare hummed and nodded. He knew it.

“I’m sorry Amare, I was going to tell you… Rutile can’t lose a performer and Swelter….” She mumbled.

“What about Swelter?” He asked.

“He’s begging me to forgive him. He’s afraid I was going to leave the troupe for you, even though I have to remain loyal to Rutile.”

Amare nodded, though he snorted.

“Are you mad?” Morainne asked.

“No, no. I understand. It’s just… I don’t like Swelter.”

Morainne giggled.

“Though, what about Aura and Railen?” Amare asked.

“Rutile said I could bring one of them with me,” Morainne said, petting their heads “Raise one of them to be a performer and become part of the troupe. Though, which one?”

Amare smiled. “Whichever you’d like, love. The other will remain with me. I’ll teach them to… I don’t know, but they’ll be loved.”

Morainne smiled back.
~~~

Amare watched as Morainne carried her child on her back as she went to rejoin her troupe. She chattered to the child excitedly about how she’d raise them up to be the best performer ever and support them the entire way. Amare smiled and said the same to his own hatchling, who was nestled safely between his shoulders.

Amare watched as Swelter broke from the group to greet Morainne, who happily introduced him to her hatchling. Swelter was a little awkward about it, but Amare could tell he was just happy to have Morainne back. Amare watched as the two began to walk back to the group of performers. Amare took a few steps after them.

“Hey, Swelter,” He called. The skydancer turned to look at Amare. “Hurt either one of them, and mark my words, I’ll kick your butt so hard.”

Amare watched as Swelter gulped then nodded furiously. Morainne laughed loudly.

“Maybe we’ll see you again one day!” Morainne said.

“I hope so.”
16454.png mlHpBMC.png
gTTW2gA.png
mYEe9VI.png
NlmYDAS.png
qhK4FYS.png

16453.png
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 18 19