Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TvN] Of Mages and Metalsmiths
1 2 3 4 5 6
So clever and funny! I love the Weekly Word and would like to become a subscriber please. =D
So clever and funny! I love the Weekly Word and would like to become a subscriber please. =D
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
@HSoup Splash might have cried tears of joy if he remembered how. xD Do you want to be a subscriber just for the Weekly Word or do you want to be put on the general ping list for my TvN challenge? :)
@HSoup Splash might have cried tears of joy if he remembered how. xD Do you want to be a subscriber just for the Weekly Word or do you want to be put on the general ping list for my TvN challenge? :)
@MoltenIris - Just the Weekly Word please. I already check your TvN progress regularly (not stalking, I swear), so I'd only need a ping for the Paper. Thank you! =D
@MoltenIris - Just the Weekly Word please. I already check your TvN progress regularly (not stalking, I swear), so I'd only need a ping for the Paper. Thank you! =D
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
@HSoup No worries. :) I'm glad you're enjoying checking where my challenge goes. I'll add you to a ping list for the Weekly Word. Thank you!
@HSoup No worries. :) I'm glad you're enjoying checking where my challenge goes. I'll add you to a ping list for the Weekly Word. Thank you!
@MoltenIris

Wow, you continue to impress with these news article style updates! I can't wait to read the next one!
@MoltenIris

Wow, you continue to impress with these news article style updates! I can't wait to read the next one!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
@TheAwesoMew Thank you! I'm glad you like them. :D They're so fun to write.
@TheAwesoMew Thank you! I'm glad you like them. :D They're so fun to write.
[center][size=6]Week 2, Day 1[/size][/center] [size=5]I. Initiative and Daily Bonus[/size] Coin Flip Initiative: Heads, Mage's Guild Rollover Boost?: Yes; all dragons receive 0.5 LP [size=5]II. Active Faction: The Mage's Guild[/size] Effects: None False Allies: None Guaranteed Dragon: Scry (Level 6, LP: 10) Number of Battles: 30 Their Teammates: Necromancy (Level 5, LP: 10.5) and Ether (Level 6, LP: 11). Coliseum Venue: Woodland Path [b][u]Events:[/u][/b] On battle [b]2[/b], [b]Necromancy[/b] leveled up to [b]6.[/b] Took a break to input stats. On battle [b]4[/b], a [b]minor health potion[/b] and a [b]sakura owl[/b] dropped. I put it in the hoard in case of an emergency. +1 familiar tally. "Sold" the familiar for 1,675 treasure. On battle [b]6[/b], the party took a break because Scry had fallen below a third of her health. On battle [b]12[/b], some [b]glitched treasure[/b] dropped. [i]I forgot about site maintenance and took the following screenshots as proof. The first is what the screen looked like even after waiting for it to load and the second is what it looked like when I hovered my mouse over the blank square to check the item's tooltip.[/i] [img]https://i.imgur.com/NFlG3Yl.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/AzMqTxx.png[/img] I decided to average the values of familiars, treasure, etc. in this place and so I'm adding +775 treasure to the Mage's Guild as compensation for this weirdness. I'm also adding +150 treasure to the Metalworker's Coalition because who knows? That item could have added to a tally that they would have liked. Needless to say the party took a forced break. On battle [b]16[/b], the [b]Woodland Path vista[/b] dropped. See the comments for what this means. On battle [b]18[/b], a [b]wildwood owl[/b] dropped. +1 familiar tally. "Sold" it for +1700 treasure. On battle [b]24[/b], [b]Scry[/b] leveled up to [b]7[/b]. Took a break to input stats. [i]And I'm not leaving the Woodland Path until I have a full team of level 7 or above dragons. That's asking for trouble.[/i] On battle [b]26[/b], [b]nothing[/b] dropped. Rolled a 1 on the die. +100 treasure. [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41757386][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/417574/41757386p.png[/img][/url] [nextcol] [indent]I can smell it. The winds're changin.[/indent] [/columns] [size=5]III. Hoard Update: The Mage's Guild[/size] [i]The Mage's Guild got a whopping 4,665 treasure from today. I spent 3,000 to get a mana bolt for Dowser and decided to save what was left for now.[/i] Finances: 1,665 treasure. Tallies: [indent]Lightning: [s]||||[/s] Familiars: |||| Earth: | [/indent] Items: [item=earthen acuity fragment][item=shock][item=minor health potion] [size=5]IV. Canyon Crawler Encounter?[/size] Die Roll Result: 2, No. [size=5]V. Opposing Faction: The Metalsmith's Coalition[/size] Effects: None False Allies: None Guaranteed Dragon: Foundry (Level 5, LP: 11.5) Number of Battles: 15 Their Teammates: Guillotine (Level 5, LP: 10.5) and Sprue (Level 5, LP: 11.5). Coliseum Venue: Woodland Path [b][u]Events:[/u][/b] On battle [b]3[/b], [b]Sprue[/b] leveled up to [b]6.[/b] Took a break to input stats. On battle [b]5[/b], [b]Foundry[/b] leveled up to [b]6.[/b] Took a break to input stats. On battle [b]10[/b], [b]Guillotine[/b] leveled up to [b]6.[/b] Took a break to input stats. On battle [b]11[/b], [b]nothing[/b] dropped. Rolled a 1 on the die. +100 treasure. [columns] Something is... pulling me... a disgustingly magical inclination... why is this happening to me...? [nextcol] [indent][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=41567172][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/415672/41567172p.png[/img][/url][/indent] [/columns] [size=5]VI. Hoard Update: The Metalsmith's Coalition[/size] Finances: 730 treasure. Tallies: [indent]Familiars: | Ice: | [/indent] Items: [item="Minor Health Potion"]x2 [size=5]VIII. Comments[/size] A dropped vista means two elements are switching factions. These were randomized to be [b]wind[/b] (aligning with the Coalition) and [b]ice[/b] (aligning with the Guild). This also means that all wind and ice dragons not in their appropriate faction anymore need to trade places. They could lose or gain LP while moving. Here were the randomized results: [LIST] [*][b]Guillotine[/b] went first. Rolled a 2. He loses 0.5 LP in the shuffle. [*][b]Ether[/b] went second. Rolled a 4. He gains 0.5 LP in the shuffle. [/LIST] Also from now on I have to take into account his change when buying new element dragons from the Auction House. ...The Weekly Word is going to have a field day with this. Also now I have to rearrange everything on the first page. Lol. [size=5]VIII. End of Day[/size] Mage's Guild Update Overview: [indent]Dowser (Lvl 6, LP 10.5) | Scry (Lvl 7, LP 10) | Necromancy (Lvl 6, LP 10.5) | Augur (Lvl 6, LP 10) | Guillotine (Lvl 6, LP 10) | Channel (Lvl H, LP 11.5) | Ichor (Lvl H, LP 11.5), Sigil (Lvl H, LP 11.5)[/indent] Metalsmith's Coalition Update Overview: [indent]Foundry (Lvl 6, LP 11.5) | Sandcast (Lvl 5, LP 11) | Kunai (Lvl 6, LP 11.5) | Sprue (Lvl 6, LP 11.5) | Ether (Lvl 6, LP 11.5)[/indent] [i]All canyon crawlers also received 0.5 LP due to challenge rollover.[/i] [u][b]Ping List:[/b][/u] @TheAwesoMew @ZippoFeuer @CassieRose @ilimati
Week 2, Day 1

I. Initiative and Daily Bonus

Coin Flip Initiative: Heads, Mage's Guild
Rollover Boost?: Yes; all dragons receive 0.5 LP

II. Active Faction: The Mage's Guild

Effects: None
False Allies: None

Guaranteed Dragon: Scry (Level 6, LP: 10)
Number of Battles: 30
Their Teammates: Necromancy (Level 5, LP: 10.5) and Ether (Level 6, LP: 11).
Coliseum Venue: Woodland Path

Events:

On battle 2, Necromancy leveled up to 6. Took a break to input stats.

On battle 4, a minor health potion and a sakura owl dropped. I put it in the hoard in case of an emergency. +1 familiar tally. "Sold" the familiar for 1,675 treasure.

On battle 6, the party took a break because Scry had fallen below a third of her health.

On battle 12, some glitched treasure dropped. I forgot about site maintenance and took the following screenshots as proof. The first is what the screen looked like even after waiting for it to load and the second is what it looked like when I hovered my mouse over the blank square to check the item's tooltip.

NFlG3Yl.png

AzMqTxx.png

I decided to average the values of familiars, treasure, etc. in this place and so I'm adding +775 treasure to the Mage's Guild as compensation for this weirdness. I'm also adding +150 treasure to the Metalworker's Coalition because who knows? That item could have added to a tally that they would have liked.

Needless to say the party took a forced break.

On battle 16, the Woodland Path vista dropped. See the comments for what this means.

On battle 18, a wildwood owl dropped. +1 familiar tally. "Sold" it for +1700 treasure.

On battle 24, Scry leveled up to 7. Took a break to input stats. And I'm not leaving the Woodland Path until I have a full team of level 7 or above dragons. That's asking for trouble.

On battle 26, nothing dropped. Rolled a 1 on the die. +100 treasure.

41757386p.png
I can smell it. The winds're changin.

III. Hoard Update: The Mage's Guild

The Mage's Guild got a whopping 4,665 treasure from today. I spent 3,000 to get a mana bolt for Dowser and decided to save what was left for now.

Finances: 1,665 treasure.

Tallies:
Lightning: ||||
Familiars: ||||
Earth: |

Items:

Earthen Acuity Fragment Shock Minor Health Potion

IV. Canyon Crawler Encounter?

Die Roll Result: 2, No.

V. Opposing Faction: The Metalsmith's Coalition

Effects: None
False Allies: None

Guaranteed Dragon: Foundry (Level 5, LP: 11.5)
Number of Battles: 15
Their Teammates: Guillotine (Level 5, LP: 10.5) and Sprue (Level 5, LP: 11.5).
Coliseum Venue: Woodland Path

Events:

On battle 3, Sprue leveled up to 6. Took a break to input stats.

On battle 5, Foundry leveled up to 6. Took a break to input stats.

On battle 10, Guillotine leveled up to 6. Took a break to input stats.

On battle 11, nothing dropped. Rolled a 1 on the die. +100 treasure.

Something is... pulling me... a disgustingly magical inclination... why is this happening to me...?
41567172p.png

VI. Hoard Update: The Metalsmith's Coalition

Finances: 730 treasure.

Tallies:
Familiars: |
Ice: |

Items:

Minor Health Potion x2

VIII. Comments

A dropped vista means two elements are switching factions. These were randomized to be wind (aligning with the Coalition) and ice (aligning with the Guild). This also means that all wind and ice dragons not in their appropriate faction anymore need to trade places.

They could lose or gain LP while moving. Here were the randomized results:

• Guillotine went first. Rolled a 2. He loses 0.5 LP in the shuffle.
  • Ether went second. Rolled a 4. He gains 0.5 LP in the shuffle.

Also from now on I have to take into account his change when buying new element dragons from the Auction House.

...The Weekly Word is going to have a field day with this. Also now I have to rearrange everything on the first page. Lol.

VIII. End of Day

Mage's Guild Update Overview:
Dowser (Lvl 6, LP 10.5) | Scry (Lvl 7, LP 10) | Necromancy (Lvl 6, LP 10.5) | Augur (Lvl 6, LP 10) | Guillotine (Lvl 6, LP 10) | Channel (Lvl H, LP 11.5) | Ichor (Lvl H, LP 11.5), Sigil (Lvl H, LP 11.5)

Metalsmith's Coalition Update Overview:
Foundry (Lvl 6, LP 11.5) | Sandcast (Lvl 5, LP 11) | Kunai (Lvl 6, LP 11.5) | Sprue (Lvl 6, LP 11.5) | Ether (Lvl 6, LP 11.5)

All canyon crawlers also received 0.5 LP due to challenge rollover.

Ping List: @TheAwesoMew @ZippoFeuer @CassieRose @ilimati
Oh! Vista drops cause chaos! I kind of hope I don't get any in mine. LOL

And bummer on the maintenance hiccup.
Oh! Vista drops cause chaos! I kind of hope I don't get any in mine. LOL

And bummer on the maintenance hiccup.
ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
Oh boy, I can't wait to see how the Weekly Word responds to this source of drama :P
Oh boy, I can't wait to see how the Weekly Word responds to this source of drama :P

1C4RmMC.png
mlHpBMC.png
LF :: nests of
yMgLfNO.pnggem.pngcherubgeneeggivory.pngFz6gBO0.png
@HSoup I know! I wasn't expecting that at all. Such weirdly "lucky" drops these last two days. x)

@ZippoFeuer Lol me neither! Thankfully I have a whole week to figure this out. :) Splash is beyond excited for the next issue.
@HSoup I know! I wasn't expecting that at all. Such weirdly "lucky" drops these last two days. x)

@ZippoFeuer Lol me neither! Thankfully I have a whole week to figure this out. :) Splash is beyond excited for the next issue.
1 2 3 4 5 6