Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Cryptid Concoctions-Closed
1 2 3 4 5
@LadyRenee Please put me on the pinglist, thanks! [b]Username:[/b] SilverQuark [b]Cryptid to Capture:[/b] Jersey Devil (Sunday) [b]Concoction to Create:[/b] Searing Jackalope Pelt [b]Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid:[/b] Jersey Devils have been reported in the nineteenth century for mass livestock hunting. It is speculated, with high likelihood, that the strong smell of bovine or goat-like pelt stimulates hunger, and thus hunting, in these animals. [center][item=Searing Jackalope Pelt][/center] For this concoction you will need: [item=Searing Jackalope] [item=Bone Antlers] [item=Bone Fragments] [item=Unhatched Plague Egg] [item=Crumbling Leather] [item=Thick Meat Strips] [item=Ebon-Edged Spear] [item=Scarlet Yuccaweave] [LIST=1][*] Tie the Searing Jackalope with the Scarlet Yuccaweave. Make sure to immobilize its forelegs as well as hind legs - those animals run [i]fast.[/i] [*] Carefully trim the jackalope's tuft with the Ebon-Edged Spear. Beat and rub the tuft with the Bone Fragments until it is moldy and soft. [*] Crack the Plague Egg open. Scramble it. [*] Add the Thick Meat Strips to the scrambled egg. Blend carefully until they form a thick paste. The Bone Fragments will help with this task. [*] Mix the tuft and the egg-meat blend until they compose a uniform, squishy, sticky substance. [*] Splatter it over the Crumbling Leather. The stickiness will keep the pieces together. [*] Complete the recipe by adding small Bone Antler fragments. [*] Leave to rest in open air, better away from Beastclan settlements, as they might perceive the smell as presence of a foreign creature and therefore attack.[/LIST] (Also, how do I join the participation raffle?)
@LadyRenee

Please put me on the pinglist, thanks!

Username: SilverQuark
Cryptid to Capture: Jersey Devil (Sunday)
Concoction to Create: Searing Jackalope Pelt
Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid: Jersey Devils have been reported in the nineteenth century for mass livestock hunting. It is speculated, with high likelihood, that the strong smell of bovine or goat-like pelt stimulates hunger, and thus hunting, in these animals.
Searing Jackalope Pelt

For this concoction you will need:

Searing Jackalope Bone Antlers Bone Fragments Unhatched Plague Egg Crumbling Leather Thick Meat Strips Ebon-Edged Spear Scarlet Yuccaweave
  1. Tie the Searing Jackalope with the Scarlet Yuccaweave. Make sure to immobilize its forelegs as well as hind legs - those animals run fast.
  2. Carefully trim the jackalope's tuft with the Ebon-Edged Spear. Beat and rub the tuft with the Bone Fragments until it is moldy and soft.
  3. Crack the Plague Egg open. Scramble it.
  4. Add the Thick Meat Strips to the scrambled egg. Blend carefully until they form a thick paste. The Bone Fragments will help with this task.
  5. Mix the tuft and the egg-meat blend until they compose a uniform, squishy, sticky substance.
  6. Splatter it over the Crumbling Leather. The stickiness will keep the pieces together.
  7. Complete the recipe by adding small Bone Antler fragments.
  8. Leave to rest in open air, better away from Beastclan settlements, as they might perceive the smell as presence of a foreign creature and therefore attack.

(Also, how do I join the participation raffle?)
@silverquark Will do! Congrats on being our first entrant! Tell your friends to enter! (or tell your friends you know you can beat, that's ok by me!) You just entered the participation raffle by participating!
@silverquark Will do! Congrats on being our first entrant! Tell your friends to enter! (or tell your friends you know you can beat, that's ok by me!) You just entered the participation raffle by participating!
7UQxf9D.pngUE9oFgo.png823umPc.png23C40BP.pngIghW64t.png
@LadyRenee
Cool, thanks ^_^ I'll be advertising the event :)
@LadyRenee
Cool, thanks ^_^ I'll be advertising the event :)
@valyrie @hsoup @AscendedGrace @Silverquark Welcome, welcome!!! This is day One of our Cryptid Concoctions here in the Viridian Labyrinth as we celebrate Nature and the Glademother here in our yearly Festival! This year we are on the hunt for cryptids- our elusive cousins in the wild! You can win great prizes by creating a valuable concoction each day to lure in a different cryptid. If that is not your jam, there will be a different participation prompt you can do and be eligible for a random-picked prize daily! The Mission and the Participation Prompt are below and on the Front Page. [quote][size=4]Concoction Number One/Sunday[/size] [size=3]Your First Order of business is to lure the Jersey Devil out where it can be captured. But how will you go about that? Hmm. That is a head-scratcher. Will you lure the devil with food? In addition to the usual flight rising cuisine, the Jersey devil is known for the love of Jersey Devilled eggs, Jersey Devil Food Cake, and Jersey Devilled ham. Then, of course, there is the love affair between the Jersey devil and devilishly risque clothing like leather, satin, lace, and things with bits of horn. Then again, it's quite likely there is some facet of the devil's personality that [b]YOU[/b] have insider info on, some lore that you alone have been privy to. So, do tell. By all means, inspire us with your intel. Blind us with your brilliance. Tell us something we don't know. So, for your chance to win, Pick the Flight Rising Item you deem most likely to lure the Jersey Devil into your trap. Tell us WHY it is likely to ensnare a devil, and give us your recipe and instructions in the correct format. (see the example) We are waiting to hear from you.[/quote] [size=2]Today's Music to Create to [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KR7le9b_VRU]HEAR[/url] (Open in another tab for best results :)[/size] [size=4] Want to participate but writing is just not your "thing?" Fear not! Every day there will be randomly selected "participation prizes" for people who just respond to our daily question or conversation starter. Yes! More prizes! What will you get, you ask? I guess you will have to enter to see! Today, for a chance at a random prize- post a pic or gif of your favorite cryptid and ping 1-5 of your non-nature friends (who won't get mad at you) to this thread inviting them to participate. (I have no shame. ;)
@valyrie @hsoup @AscendedGrace @Silverquark

Welcome, welcome!!! This is day One of our Cryptid Concoctions here in the Viridian Labyrinth as we celebrate Nature and the Glademother here in our yearly Festival! This year we are on the hunt for cryptids- our elusive cousins in the wild! You can win great prizes by creating a valuable concoction each day to lure in a different cryptid. If that is not your jam, there will be a different participation prompt you can do and be eligible for a random-picked prize daily! The Mission and the Participation Prompt are below and on the Front Page.
Quote:
Concoction Number One/Sunday
Your First Order of business is to lure the Jersey Devil out where it can be captured. But how will you go about that? Hmm. That is a head-scratcher. Will you lure the devil with food? In addition to the usual flight rising cuisine, the Jersey devil is known for the love of Jersey Devilled eggs, Jersey Devil Food Cake, and Jersey Devilled ham. Then, of course, there is the love affair between the Jersey devil and devilishly risque clothing like leather, satin, lace, and things with bits of horn. Then again, it's quite likely there is some facet of the devil's personality that YOU have insider info on, some lore that you alone have been privy to. So, do tell. By all means, inspire us with your intel. Blind us with your brilliance. Tell us something we don't know. So, for your chance to win, Pick the Flight Rising Item you deem most likely to lure the Jersey Devil into your trap. Tell us WHY it is likely to ensnare a devil, and give us your recipe and instructions in the correct format. (see the example) We are waiting to hear from you.
Today's Music to Create to HEAR (Open in another tab for best results :)

Want to participate but writing is just not your "thing?" Fear not! Every day there will be randomly selected "participation prizes" for people who just respond to our daily question or conversation starter. Yes! More prizes! What will you get, you ask? I guess you will have to enter to see!

Today, for a chance at a random prize- post a pic or gif of your favorite cryptid and ping 1-5 of your non-nature friends (who won't get mad at you) to this thread inviting them to participate. (I have no shame. ;)
[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dY1Mzem42TE/T1zkbzcIcBI/AAAAAAAAAmk/oIoERBg3eUY/s1600/DSC_0895.jpg[/img] It's a Nessie, shh. @Terza @Cakeless
DSC_0895.jpg

It's a Nessie, shh.

@Terza @Cakeless
[quote name="SilverQuark" date="2018-05-27 05:45:29" ] [img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-dY1Mzem42TE/T1zkbzcIcBI/AAAAAAAAAmk/oIoERBg3eUY/s1600/DSC_0895.jpg[/img] It's a Nessie, shh. @Terza @Cakeless [/quote] @silverQuark That is totally adorable! @valyrie I bet you could crochet this, no prob. You know, for a friend. :D
SilverQuark wrote on 2018-05-27 05:45:29:
DSC_0895.jpg

It's a Nessie, shh.

@Terza @Cakeless

@silverQuark That is totally adorable!
@valyrie I bet you could crochet this, no prob. You know, for a friend. :D
[center][color=indigo][b][i]MY favorite cryptid[/i][/b].[/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/vtxpFfQ.jpg[/img][center]
MY favorite cryptid.
vtxpFfQ.jpg
May I also please be added to the pinglist? [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=34272002&skin=0&apparel=12917,12931,12924,10962,776&xt=dressing.png[/img] [b]@Ladyrenee[/b] [b]Username: [/b] Cheshly [b]Cryptid to Capture:[/b] Jersey Devil [b]Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid:[/b] Everyone knows the Jersey Devil loves Jersey Devil Ham and Jersey Devil Food Cake, so what would happen if we mixed the two together? [b] Concoction to Create: [/b] [item=1st Anniversary Meat Cake] [b]Items Needed:[/b] [item=Ceremonial Scythe][item=Bone Fragment] [b]Ingredients Needed:[/b] [item=Salt][item=Valley Quail] [b]Instructions:[/b] Step 1: Upon dusk, on the third Wednesday of the month, slice your Valley Quail into three thick pieces while facing north east. For best results, use a Ceremonial Scythe and wear as much leather as you can possibly handle. Step 2: Place Valley Quail slices on large Bone Fragment, that you can stick into the dirt. Step 3: Sprinkle a tablespoon of salt, just for taste.
May I also please be added to the pinglist?

dragon?did=34272002&skin=0&apparel=12917,12931,12924,10962,776&xt=dressing.png
@Ladyrenee
Username: Cheshly
Cryptid to Capture: Jersey Devil
Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid:
Everyone knows the Jersey Devil loves Jersey Devil Ham and Jersey Devil Food Cake, so what would happen if we mixed the two together?
Concoction to Create:
1st Anniversary Meat Cake
Items Needed:
Ceremonial Scythe
Ingredients Needed:
Salt Valley Quail
Instructions:
Step 1: Upon dusk, on the third Wednesday of the month, slice your Valley Quail into three thick pieces while facing north east. For best results, use a Ceremonial Scythe and wear as much leather as you can possibly handle.
Step 2: Place Valley Quail slices on large Bone Fragment, that you can stick into the dirt.
Step 3: Sprinkle a tablespoon of salt, just for taste.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
Edit - And I totally missed we were supposed to make our recipe be a FR item. Well, I'll leave this one for today as it was a joke anyway and I'll try to do better on the next one. =D [b]@LadyRenee[/b] [b]Username: [/b] HSoup [b]Cryptid to Capture:[/b] Jersey Devil [b]Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid:[/b] Apparently, Jersey Devils are attracted to Jersey Deviled Ham. [b] Concoction to Create: [/b] Jersey Deviled Ham Sandwiches stuffed into a Longneck pack. [item=longneck pack] [b]Ingredients for mayonnaise[/b] [item=hooded hen][item=wild mustard][item=vegetable oil][item=red delicious apple][item=salt] 1 lg. egg yolk from a Hooded Hen egg 1/2 tsp. dried, ground wild mustard 3/4 c. vegetable oil 1 tsp. Red Delicious Apple Cider vinegar 1/4 tsp. salt [b]Step 1:[/b] Whisk egg yolk, mustard and salt until combined. [b]Step 2:[/b] Add oil slowly, whisking until mixture begins to thicken. [b]Step 3:[/b] Add vinegar, whisking constantly until blended [b]Step 4:[/b] Chill until ready to use. (makes 1 cup) [b]Ingredients for Deviled ham[/b] [item=barkback boar][item=ashfall prickler][item=wild onion][item=gradish][item=golden pepper][item=salt] 1 1/2 c. Smoked Backback Boar, chopped 3 TBSP Mayonnaise (see recipe above) 5 drops spicy Ashfall Prickler juice 1/4 c. wild onion, chopped 1/4 c. gradish, chopped 1/2 tsp. dried, ground Golden Pepper 1 tsp. salt [b]Step 1:[/b] Mix all ingredients in large bowl until combined. ----- [b]Additional items needed[/b] [item=longneck pack][item=sinew net] 12 large hoagie rolls 1 large Longneck Pack Sinew net [b]How to use Deviled Ham to snare a Jersey Devil[/b] [b]Step 1:[/b] Make the Deviled Ham recipe x12. [b]Step 2:[/b] Buy a dozen large hoagie rolls from the nearest dragon bakery. [b]Step 3:[/b] Slice open lengthwise. [b]Step 4:[/b] Smear the deviled ham into each of the hoagies to fill. [b]Step 5:[/b] Fill your longneck pack with the sandwiches and take it into the Woods where the Jersey Devil is thought to be hiding. [b]Step 6:[/b] Leave the pack in a clearing and take cover behind some bushes. [b]Step 7:[/b] If there is a Jersey Devil in the vicinity, you can be sure it will be attracted to the food trap as they cannot resist Deviled Ham. It will come and devour all the sandwiches, leaving it lethargic and easily captured with a sinew net. ----- EDIT - After I posted I realized people living outside the east coast US might not get my joke. There is a chain of sandwich restaurants that is called Jersey Mike's Subs. So my Jersey Devil trap is a stack of Deviled Ham sub sandwiches. (And my recipes are legit. LOL) =D
Edit - And I totally missed we were supposed to make our recipe be a FR item. Well, I'll leave this one for today as it was a joke anyway and I'll try to do better on the next one. =D

@LadyRenee
Username: HSoup
Cryptid to Capture: Jersey Devil
Correlation of Concoction to Cryptid: Apparently, Jersey Devils are attracted to Jersey Deviled Ham.
Concoction to Create: Jersey Deviled Ham Sandwiches stuffed into a Longneck pack.
Longneck Pack

Ingredients for mayonnaise
Hooded Hen Wild Mustard Vegetable Oil Red Delicious Apple Salt
1 lg. egg yolk from a Hooded Hen egg
1/2 tsp. dried, ground wild mustard
3/4 c. vegetable oil
1 tsp. Red Delicious Apple Cider vinegar
1/4 tsp. salt

Step 1: Whisk egg yolk, mustard and salt until combined.
Step 2: Add oil slowly, whisking until mixture begins to thicken.
Step 3: Add vinegar, whisking constantly until blended
Step 4: Chill until ready to use. (makes 1 cup)

Ingredients for Deviled ham
Barkback Boar Ashfall Prickler Wild Onion Gradish Golden Pepper Salt
1 1/2 c. Smoked Backback Boar, chopped
3 TBSP Mayonnaise (see recipe above)
5 drops spicy Ashfall Prickler juice
1/4 c. wild onion, chopped
1/4 c. gradish, chopped
1/2 tsp. dried, ground Golden Pepper
1 tsp. salt

Step 1: Mix all ingredients in large bowl until combined.

Additional items needed
Longneck Pack Sinew Net
12 large hoagie rolls
1 large Longneck Pack
Sinew net

How to use Deviled Ham to snare a Jersey Devil

Step 1: Make the Deviled Ham recipe x12.
Step 2: Buy a dozen large hoagie rolls from the nearest dragon bakery.
Step 3: Slice open lengthwise.
Step 4: Smear the deviled ham into each of the hoagies to fill.
Step 5: Fill your longneck pack with the sandwiches and take it into the Woods where the Jersey Devil is thought to be hiding.
Step 6: Leave the pack in a clearing and take cover behind some bushes.
Step 7: If there is a Jersey Devil in the vicinity, you can be sure it will be attracted to the food trap as they cannot resist Deviled Ham. It will come and devour all the sandwiches, leaving it lethargic and easily captured with a sinew net.

EDIT - After I posted I realized people living outside the east coast US might not get my joke. There is a chain of sandwich restaurants that is called Jersey Mike's Subs. So my Jersey Devil trap is a stack of Deviled Ham sub sandwiches. (And my recipes are legit. LOL) =D

ruNnigQ.gif For
Sale
63776550.png94501001.png87809713.png.png
@ladyrenee can you ping me when the daily thing gets put up please?
@ladyrenee can you ping me when the daily thing gets put up please?
tgTY.png
1 2 3 4 5