Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Eye in the Ash {A Pinkerlocke}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 10 11
[Name by: http://www.fantasyliterature.com/library/fantasytitlegenerator.html]

Eye in the Ash

A PinkerLocke (Rules modified by me)

Hello! This is my new pinkerlocke, well,
my first, really. Just a heads up:
-I have changed some rules made and remade by both @Tar and @Coolkid and everyone else.
-This is new, so nothing fancy, and I'm not that pro of a writer.

These are my rules, witch, yes, I edited from the others but you can't really notice because i did practically nothing:

Basic rules:
A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
I pinged ya!
And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair.

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

I chose easy-mode:

If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want
Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above.

(These ranges can also be altered to suit your level of activity/personal preference.)

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.
I got this on the first day, so even if I could, no way am I breeding a derg on the first day! Sorry! I am Impatient.
Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.

(Note that the 'death streak' needs to be tested for deadliness. It should be pretty deadly, but not totally impossible.) After testing, it seemed to work as intended! Survival depends on your willingness to be both lucky and cautious.

Starting out:
Using the method I detailed in the "familiar" possibility above, obtain a small number of dragons (I suggest 2 or 3). If they already have names, keep the name! If not, name them whatever you like. The challenge starts once all of the dragons, if they are hatchlings, grow into adulthood.

Alternatively, choose 2-3 existing dragons in your lair to participate. This has certain advantages (eliminates the need to wait for maturity and breeding cooldowns) but also some disadvantages (less random=less exciting).

You may want to "partition" your nuzlocke dragons away from your regular dragons so you don't get them mixed up.

Losing:
If your dragon count falls to zero you have a few options
1. Declare the challenge a "loss" and give up
2. Wait for Pinkerton to drop a familiar
3. Just say "welp" and buy another dragon from the AH without waiting for Pinkerton because you lack patience.

I will start the first day on the next post.
~~~~
Pinglist: [Just ask!]

@/TheAwesoMew
[Name by: http://www.fantasyliterature.com/library/fantasytitlegenerator.html]

Eye in the Ash

A PinkerLocke (Rules modified by me)

Hello! This is my new pinkerlocke, well,
my first, really. Just a heads up:
-I have changed some rules made and remade by both @Tar and @Coolkid and everyone else.
-This is new, so nothing fancy, and I'm not that pro of a writer.

These are my rules, witch, yes, I edited from the others but you can't really notice because i did practically nothing:

Basic rules:
A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
I pinged ya!
And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair.

Drops of Fate:

Food: Coliseum time!
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches

I chose easy-mode:

If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. Don't try do 50 matches in a row unless you want
Easymode: Choose whichever team and venue you want and go for it. Running from battles, using health pots, and ending the battle streak is fine, as I explained above.

(These ranges can also be altered to suit your level of activity/personal preference.)

Materials and trinkets: Flex your creative muscles!

Note that there is currently a glitch in which Pinkerton mislabels materials as trinkets. If you obtain a "trinket" from Pinkerton, double check to make sure its not actually a material!

Materials: Do some writing for your nuzlocke. How does your new nuzlocke clan change and develop? What are your dragons like personality-wise? How do they get along? How do they die? Is there an antagonist in this nuzlocke, or are they merely struggling against the forces of nature? Write dragon bios! Make a blog, or a thread for your challenge in the creative forums! Write short stories or paragraphs, or add to one big one adventure!

Trinkets: Do some art for your nuzlocke! Digital or traditional, use whatever medium feels best for you. Draw deaths. Draw dragons. Draw humanized versions of your dragons (if that's your sort of thing). Draw familiars and dragons together. It doesn't have to be that good or elaborate. If you make a nuzlocke thread, post your art there.

Obviously, you might not have time in your day to do something creative. If that's the case, don't worry about it. This challenge is meant to be fun and heartwrenching, not a chore.

Rare drops: Wildcards

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

1. Fae
2. Guardian
3. Mirror
4. Pearlcatcher
5. Ridgeback
6. Tundra
7. Spiral
8. Imperial
9. Snapper
10. Wildclaw
11. Nocturne
12. Coatl
13. Skydancer
14. Bogsneak

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. You can also change one of the genes on a dragon, or use a scatterscroll if you are rich and crazy.
I got this on the first day, so even if I could, no way am I breeding a derg on the first day! Sorry! I am Impatient.
Note: You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. This is in keeping with the origional Nuzlocke thread's rule, because I really like it.

Battle items: Uh-oh!!!

Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies. If you are using the easymode rules, switch to the hardmode rules for battlestones.

(Note that the 'death streak' needs to be tested for deadliness. It should be pretty deadly, but not totally impossible.) After testing, it seemed to work as intended! Survival depends on your willingness to be both lucky and cautious.

Starting out:
Using the method I detailed in the "familiar" possibility above, obtain a small number of dragons (I suggest 2 or 3). If they already have names, keep the name! If not, name them whatever you like. The challenge starts once all of the dragons, if they are hatchlings, grow into adulthood.

Alternatively, choose 2-3 existing dragons in your lair to participate. This has certain advantages (eliminates the need to wait for maturity and breeding cooldowns) but also some disadvantages (less random=less exciting).

You may want to "partition" your nuzlocke dragons away from your regular dragons so you don't get them mixed up.

Losing:
If your dragon count falls to zero you have a few options
1. Declare the challenge a "loss" and give up
2. Wait for Pinkerton to drop a familiar
3. Just say "welp" and buy another dragon from the AH without waiting for Pinkerton because you lack patience.

I will start the first day on the next post.
~~~~
Pinglist: [Just ask!]

@/TheAwesoMew
drastrciallyfantastic.gif Webp-net-gifmaker.gif
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
urgle burgle. Fear the lime green.
Birb_Cult.gif
Day I:

The sniffing and almost tearing up pearlcatcher griped her pearl with all her might.
Yesterday, it had been much hotter. So much hotter. But now it's cold. Cold as always. But her long for warmth, despite her growing up in the ice and snow, was the smallest of her wishes. She wished that yesterday hadn't happened. She wished it was all normal. That she didn't have to be trotting through ash right now.
Most of all, she wished her parents weren't just another one off the ashen remains of her home. She slipped down the pile again, before trying to get up again, finally making it, huffing and puffing, ash being blown everywhere. She searched for any reconizable remaints..even though part of her didn't want to. She let one last tear fall, noticing only one shape, a round, pink one. She made her way closer, and picked it up.
It was a eyeball. Disgusted but fascinated, she held it away from her. She had no idea who it had belonged to. It was someone with shadow..she didn't recall many shadow dragons, but when she did she started crying hysterically. A few tears fell on the eye-
and suddenly, when she could see through the tears, she realized she wasn't at her home- or what it had been- anymore. She tried to move, but found almost like there was a absences of anything but her sight. She tried to look around, but she looked the opposite way. Starting to panic, she tried to see if everything was opposite geared- until she looked down at her paws.
And realized she wasn't the one looking down. For below her was a lake, and in the lake a lone reflection stood.
A coatl's reflection.
Day I:

The sniffing and almost tearing up pearlcatcher griped her pearl with all her might.
Yesterday, it had been much hotter. So much hotter. But now it's cold. Cold as always. But her long for warmth, despite her growing up in the ice and snow, was the smallest of her wishes. She wished that yesterday hadn't happened. She wished it was all normal. That she didn't have to be trotting through ash right now.
Most of all, she wished her parents weren't just another one off the ashen remains of her home. She slipped down the pile again, before trying to get up again, finally making it, huffing and puffing, ash being blown everywhere. She searched for any reconizable remaints..even though part of her didn't want to. She let one last tear fall, noticing only one shape, a round, pink one. She made her way closer, and picked it up.
It was a eyeball. Disgusted but fascinated, she held it away from her. She had no idea who it had belonged to. It was someone with shadow..she didn't recall many shadow dragons, but when she did she started crying hysterically. A few tears fell on the eye-
and suddenly, when she could see through the tears, she realized she wasn't at her home- or what it had been- anymore. She tried to move, but found almost like there was a absences of anything but her sight. She tried to look around, but she looked the opposite way. Starting to panic, she tried to see if everything was opposite geared- until she looked down at her paws.
And realized she wasn't the one looking down. For below her was a lake, and in the lake a lone reflection stood.
A coatl's reflection.
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
Birb_Cult.gif
Day II:
The coatl hatchling shivered. Something was wrong- she looked around, but it was all fine- the shadows were there, her hiding spots, it was all fine. She tried to push the feeling away as she bent down to the lake, looking for any fish. She easily caught one.
Living alone all your life taught you to catch fish, or to die. She started poking at a tree's bark that had been knawing away, peeling it off in strips. She paused. It felt like someone was there. But not in a certain spot, just..wherever she went, the feeling did to."Hello?" she whispered into the darkness, her voice a bit jaggedy, both from never using it and the fact she'd rather hum. After getting no answer, she started to continue peeling the bark, now looking for the promise of bugs or anything, she wasn't picky on her diet. She froze when she got a reply, but it took a second for her to realize it was a thought reply:
Hello? Who are you?
Sa-Samira. Who are you? What are you? Why are you in my head?
a pause, and then
I'm Tiaka, and I'm a pearlcatcher..but..I just touched a eyeball..and it brought me here..but it didn't at first..
A eyeball? Ew! Where did you get a eyeball?

a longer pause, and then a cracked, saddened response.
It was in the Ashes.
Ashes of what?
The-th ASHES! Everything!

and it was like crying from inside her head, and then the feeling and the voice was gone.

Day II:
The coatl hatchling shivered. Something was wrong- she looked around, but it was all fine- the shadows were there, her hiding spots, it was all fine. She tried to push the feeling away as she bent down to the lake, looking for any fish. She easily caught one.
Living alone all your life taught you to catch fish, or to die. She started poking at a tree's bark that had been knawing away, peeling it off in strips. She paused. It felt like someone was there. But not in a certain spot, just..wherever she went, the feeling did to."Hello?" she whispered into the darkness, her voice a bit jaggedy, both from never using it and the fact she'd rather hum. After getting no answer, she started to continue peeling the bark, now looking for the promise of bugs or anything, she wasn't picky on her diet. She froze when she got a reply, but it took a second for her to realize it was a thought reply:
Hello? Who are you?
Sa-Samira. Who are you? What are you? Why are you in my head?
a pause, and then
I'm Tiaka, and I'm a pearlcatcher..but..I just touched a eyeball..and it brought me here..but it didn't at first..
A eyeball? Ew! Where did you get a eyeball?

a longer pause, and then a cracked, saddened response.
It was in the Ashes.
Ashes of what?
The-th ASHES! Everything!

and it was like crying from inside her head, and then the feeling and the voice was gone.

Nova, She/Her, Taurus
Birb_Cult.gif
Day III:
Tiaka was crying. Again. It was always like this, one minute she was fine, the next minute sinking in the damp ashes. She really needed to get away from this place- but she was almost afraid to, afraid to leave all she had known, to abandon the bodies, the ashes of her former clanmates. But now she had a eye. Sniffing, she picked it up again. She realized that it wasn't a actual eyeball- still looked like one.
She decided that time was wasting, and after glancing at where the last stone pillar remained, she gathered her satchel [it was a bit burnt, but otherwise intact.] and put the eye in it. She was curious as why Samira wasn't in a clan, or something like that. And last time she checked, coatl's only ate fish. She wiped her tears off and started heading in a random direction, rolling her ashened pearl all the way. She almost regretted adding another layer to it, but she knew her head would give her enough images of what had happened anyway.
~~~~~
Town by town she past, not looking at them, and they didn't speak to her. Sure, a few were curious, but travelers came and went all the time. After she came to a clearing, she could walk no more, and curled up under a bush, gripping her pearl tightly. As she fell asleep, she wondered how she might make a living. She wondered how Samira did it. Her dreams were morphed, glimpses of dragons she had known, glimpses of stories she had read, and a few other things she were sure never happened, either. The moon was full tonight.

Day III:
Tiaka was crying. Again. It was always like this, one minute she was fine, the next minute sinking in the damp ashes. She really needed to get away from this place- but she was almost afraid to, afraid to leave all she had known, to abandon the bodies, the ashes of her former clanmates. But now she had a eye. Sniffing, she picked it up again. She realized that it wasn't a actual eyeball- still looked like one.
She decided that time was wasting, and after glancing at where the last stone pillar remained, she gathered her satchel [it was a bit burnt, but otherwise intact.] and put the eye in it. She was curious as why Samira wasn't in a clan, or something like that. And last time she checked, coatl's only ate fish. She wiped her tears off and started heading in a random direction, rolling her ashened pearl all the way. She almost regretted adding another layer to it, but she knew her head would give her enough images of what had happened anyway.
~~~~~
Town by town she past, not looking at them, and they didn't speak to her. Sure, a few were curious, but travelers came and went all the time. After she came to a clearing, she could walk no more, and curled up under a bush, gripping her pearl tightly. As she fell asleep, she wondered how she might make a living. She wondered how Samira did it. Her dreams were morphed, glimpses of dragons she had known, glimpses of stories she had read, and a few other things she were sure never happened, either. The moon was full tonight.

Nova, She/Her, Taurus
Birb_Cult.gif
@NovaBorn

I am intrigued by this story! Could you add me to the pinglist?
@NovaBorn

I am intrigued by this story! Could you add me to the pinglist?
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
@TheAwesoMew
Sure! Sorry there was no update yesterday, I forgot..oops.
@TheAwesoMew
Sure! Sorry there was no update yesterday, I forgot..oops.
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
Birb_Cult.gif
Day IV and V:
Samira has stayed up all night, her heart beating. There was no way what had happened was a dream, or a simple illusion. She didn't think he mind could come up with that anyway- An eye? How gross..and what Ashes? As she puzzled over these things, night slowly became day. She would have been sleepy if she wasn't so thunder-struck at everything. She decided the only way to answer her questions was to ask the one that made them come in the first place. She closed her eyes. It would be a lucky shot, but someone with a magic eyeball must be really lucky. She decided to ask around for any pearlcatchers, but it might be hard with no appearance to talk about...
~~~~~~
Finally, one villager nodded.
~~~~~~
Finally, one villager said there was work- even if she was so young..
~~~~
Samira climbed over the rocks, nodding thanks to the dragon that had given her directions toward where they had seen a pearlcatcher. There were so many pearlcatchers in Sorneith, though..And how would she recognize her, even if it was her? Still, she kept going, for she was not a quitter.
~~~~~
Tiaka started her work. Digging, digging, digging. The hole kept getting bigger and bigger..and she started feeling smaller and smaller, staring into it's depths. If she was small compared to even this hole, what was she in this world? Taking a deep breath, she pushed the thoughts away. No. If I can make this hole, I can make a difference.
And she continued digging, her talons jammed, her pearl becoming more muddy with every stroke, and her determination never wavering. Finally, the spiral that had hired her tapped her shoulder and gave her a few coins. She smiled her thanks, and gathered her stuff, and continued walking the streets, looking for jobs.
No one asked her questions, and she didn't ask them. Well, not until-
~~~~~
Samira bunked into a hatchling like herself- Oh, yes! This must be the pearlcatcher they were pointing to! She grinned in success, while the pearlcatcher looked like she had seen a ghost. "Y-y-o--" she stuttered, while Samira started asking her question:
"Do you happen to have weird eyeballs?"
Aw, darn- that's kinda rude.
Silence grew between them. The pearlcatcher finally dug in her sack, and pulled out a round, stone, shadow eyeball.
Yes! It's her!
It's..them..

Day IV and V:
Samira has stayed up all night, her heart beating. There was no way what had happened was a dream, or a simple illusion. She didn't think he mind could come up with that anyway- An eye? How gross..and what Ashes? As she puzzled over these things, night slowly became day. She would have been sleepy if she wasn't so thunder-struck at everything. She decided the only way to answer her questions was to ask the one that made them come in the first place. She closed her eyes. It would be a lucky shot, but someone with a magic eyeball must be really lucky. She decided to ask around for any pearlcatchers, but it might be hard with no appearance to talk about...
~~~~~~
Finally, one villager nodded.
~~~~~~
Finally, one villager said there was work- even if she was so young..
~~~~
Samira climbed over the rocks, nodding thanks to the dragon that had given her directions toward where they had seen a pearlcatcher. There were so many pearlcatchers in Sorneith, though..And how would she recognize her, even if it was her? Still, she kept going, for she was not a quitter.
~~~~~
Tiaka started her work. Digging, digging, digging. The hole kept getting bigger and bigger..and she started feeling smaller and smaller, staring into it's depths. If she was small compared to even this hole, what was she in this world? Taking a deep breath, she pushed the thoughts away. No. If I can make this hole, I can make a difference.
And she continued digging, her talons jammed, her pearl becoming more muddy with every stroke, and her determination never wavering. Finally, the spiral that had hired her tapped her shoulder and gave her a few coins. She smiled her thanks, and gathered her stuff, and continued walking the streets, looking for jobs.
No one asked her questions, and she didn't ask them. Well, not until-
~~~~~
Samira bunked into a hatchling like herself- Oh, yes! This must be the pearlcatcher they were pointing to! She grinned in success, while the pearlcatcher looked like she had seen a ghost. "Y-y-o--" she stuttered, while Samira started asking her question:
"Do you happen to have weird eyeballs?"
Aw, darn- that's kinda rude.
Silence grew between them. The pearlcatcher finally dug in her sack, and pulled out a round, stone, shadow eyeball.
Yes! It's her!
It's..them..

Nova, She/Her, Taurus
Birb_Cult.gif
@Novaborn

No problem, I completely understand!
@Novaborn

No problem, I completely understand!
LhnYpua.png s3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-l11-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-m36-book.pngs3-s16-m36-l11-l19-l20-s16-book.pngB7_R.png
3KkxJSr.png
LhnYpua.png
eeGpIiY.png
.. « Mew »
|| 2+ FR Time | She/Her | The Calm Before the Storm | fr__lightning_by_baelfin-d8uyn76.png fr__beastclans_by_baelfin-d92uyiw.png ||

• { Lockedown } - Chill Biolocke + Necrolocke
• { Thunder Hollow } - Clan Lore [WIP]

{ Assets: x x x }
eeGpIiY.png
LhnYpua.png 89TBw7Q.gif
@TheAwesoMew
@TheAwesoMew
Nova, She/Her, Taurus
Birb_Cult.gif
oh lol the update for today just got up when you posted xD