Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | LoW - Windchill
~~~
Windchill
A Legacy of War

Legend says that, long ago, a mysterious disease came into this existence. Born from the mightiest of storms, from bone-chilling winds, and from a seemingly normal occurrence...
It is a great endeavour to attempt to overcome this mysterious illness, which carries through to a dragon's offspring, if given the uncommon chance to do so. It can linger in a family for ten total generations. But, there's a catch. Every generation, a dragon's offspring must fight in the coliseum to see who will be strong-willed enough to continue research on this illness.
Symptoms are often unclear, but often include: a feeling that the affected dragon is moving against their will, wisps surrounding the affected dragon's body, and a confusing lack of magical abilities.

~~~

Welcome to my Legacy of War challenge! Hopefully I'll have the will to complete it this time, without rushing to do a harder one :,)
If you'd like to be notified whenever I make a new story update, then let me know!

Feel free to post here.
~~~
Windchill
A Legacy of War

Legend says that, long ago, a mysterious disease came into this existence. Born from the mightiest of storms, from bone-chilling winds, and from a seemingly normal occurrence...
It is a great endeavour to attempt to overcome this mysterious illness, which carries through to a dragon's offspring, if given the uncommon chance to do so. It can linger in a family for ten total generations. But, there's a catch. Every generation, a dragon's offspring must fight in the coliseum to see who will be strong-willed enough to continue research on this illness.
Symptoms are often unclear, but often include: a feeling that the affected dragon is moving against their will, wisps surrounding the affected dragon's body, and a confusing lack of magical abilities.

~~~

Welcome to my Legacy of War challenge! Hopefully I'll have the will to complete it this time, without rushing to do a harder one :,)
If you'd like to be notified whenever I make a new story update, then let me know!

Feel free to post here.
he/theyautistic

(i'll edit my signature soon, i promise.)
[center][size=6]Rules[/size] I'll be mostly using the rules from the original thread, made by [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=254869]Dreamnorn[/url], but I may add a few of my own twists, along with editing some rules. ~~~~~ [size=4]Basic Rules[/size] [quote=Dreamnorn]1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House. 2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less! The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling! 3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that.... 4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there. 5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on. 6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon![/quote] [size=4]Heir Selection[/size] [quote=Dreamnorn]Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress! Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows: --- 1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another. 2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily. 3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones. 4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir. 5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama. --- Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur... ~ [b]2 Eggs[/b] 1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy. ~~~~~ [b]3 Eggs[/b] 1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. 2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified. 3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy. ~~~~~ [b]4 Eggs[/b] 1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome. 2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one. 4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round! 6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy. ~~~~~ [b]5 Eggs[/b] 1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5) [b](I will be editing this rule, making the middle hatchling (3) go with hatchlings 1 and 2.)[/b] 2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first. 3. Perform the battles in each group as follows: For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now. For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now. 4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy. ~~~~~ [b]6 Eggs[/b] A six-egg nest is technically impossible in the normal challenge, but if you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then it could happen! In such a case, here is how the heir would be determined: -- 1. The dragon from the first nest and the older two dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor. 2. Repeat the first step, but with the youngest three dragons of the second nest. 3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and a coach, if desired) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.[/quote] [size=4]Optional Rules[/size] [quote=Dreamnorn] [b]Try Weggain (OR: If at First You Don't Succeed)[/b]: If a Legacy of War pair gives you a one-egg nest on their first breeding, then instead of declaring the sole hatchling your heir by default, you get to have a second nest between the parents. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule: It's all or nothing. If you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then you must re-breed the parents for all generations that get a one-egg nest, even if the sole hatchling has one or more upgrades that would satisfy a Legacy of War challengee. If -- deities forbid -- the parents give you another one-egg nest after the first one, then you cannot breed them a third time. This clause only applies to the first breeding of a generation, not the second. The single dragon hatched from the one-egg nest must be kept, and will be forced to battle with the sibling(s) that come from the second breeding of their parents. In the meantime, they cannot be exalted, leveled, bred, or have their starting battle stones altered. When looking up the heir selection rules in the quote box above, the single dragon from the first nest will qualify as the firstborn. The first child of the second nest will qualify as the secondborn, the second child of the second nest will qualify as the thirdborn, and so on. If you get a five-egg nest after your one-egg nest, then you will have six potential heirs! This cannot happen during a normal Legacy of War challenge, but the heir selection method for a "six-egg nest" is now described in the heir selection quote box above.[/quote]
Rules
I'll be mostly using the rules from the original thread, made by Dreamnorn, but I may add a few of my own twists, along with editing some rules.
~~~~~
Basic Rules
Dreamnorn wrote:
1. Begin with your founder -- a triple-Basic dragon with a plentiful breed (Fae, Guardian, Mirror, or Tundra). The other challenges recommend buying or hatching a G1, but you could be lazy like me and buy the cheapest triple-basic plentiful dragon on the Auction House.

2. Buy the founder a mate. The only rules here is that they must be breedable with the founder and cost 10kt (or its equivalent in gems) or less!

The original Legacy Challenge states that they must be in the same flight as your founder (or heir, by extension), but as far as I'm concerned this is optional. Others will do Flight unification projects with their generation challenge as well, and that's perfectly fine, too! No matter what you do, though, don't go over the price ceiling!

3. When they're both RTB, breed them. Only their first nest for any given breeding counts for this challenge, but don't worry if you get one-egged. In a way, you're considered lucky for that....

4. If you had a one-egg nest, then congratulations! That hatchling is your heir by default, and there will be no bloodshed in this generation. However, if you had two to five eggs, go to the heir selection quote box below this one. Follow the instructions there.

5. Once your heir has been selected (or defaulted to), buy them a mate. This mate must be worth 10kt times the current generation number or less off the Auction House. So for Gen 2 your price ceiling will be 20kt, for Gen 3 it will be 30kt, and so on.

6. Continue until the tenth generation's nest has hatched. The final survivor will be the winning dragon!

Heir Selection
Dreamnorn wrote:
Wait for these dragons to grow up because they need to be adults in order to compete in the Coliseum. Do not sell or exalt any of them in the meantime. Once they are adults, they will be forced to battle in order to determine who carries on the legacy -- and yes, this includes the dragons that made no genetic progress!

Some general rules for these scenarios are as follows:

---

1. You must keep a battle streak going, even if your dragons level up between fights. This is to prevent you from inputting points into areas that would allow one contender to be more likely to succeed over another.

2. You cannot use any sort of potion or spell on your contenders to heal them or boost their stats temporarily.

3. You cannot alter the contenders' starting battle stones.

4. When a contender faints, they are considered defeated or dead, and thus disqualified from being your heir.

5. For most of these scenarios, a third level-one dragon may join in at least one battle streak. This will be called a "coach," and if they faint, it has no effect on what happens. You may also alter their battle stones beforehand, if you so wish. This is optional, as you can go into a battle with less than three dragons, but recommended to extend the drama.

---

Now, depending on how many hatchlings your nest had, here is how the battles will occur...

~

2 Eggs

1. Send both of the contenders (and the coach, if using one) to the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of the contenders faints! The survivor will carry on the legacy.
~~~~~
3 Eggs

1. Send all three of the contenders into the Training Fields. Begin your battle streak.

2. When one of the contenders faints, keep going. They may look alive, but they have been officially disqualified.

3. When another contender faints, you may stop! The survivor will carry on the legacy.
~~~~~
4 Eggs

1. Send the first two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 1 and 2) into the Training Fields (with a coach, if using). Begin your battle streak. If you use a coach and they faint first, keep going; they have no effect on the final outcome.

2. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

3. Repeat step one, but with the final two contenders by birth order (hatchlings 3 and 4). If you used a coach for the first round, you may either re-use the same one or pick a new one.

4. Keep going until one of them faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

5. Take the victors of the first two battle streaks into a new streak (with whichever coach you prefer or a fresh one, if desired). You can only give a coach stat points before this final round!

6. Commence the final battle streak with the winners from the first two and keep going until one of them faints. The survivor will carry on the legacy.
~~~~~
5 Eggs

1. Flip a coin. If it lands on heads, then the middle hatchling (3) will be in a trio with the first two hatchlings (1 and 2). If it lands on tails, then the middle hatchling will be in a trio with the last two hatchlings (4 and 5)
(I will be editing this rule, making the middle hatchling (3) go with hatchlings 1 and 2.)

2. Whether the trio goes first or the duo and the coach go first depends on which group the middle hatchling ended up in. If the coin landed on heads, then the trio goes first; if it landed on tails, then the duo goes first. Either way, the group with the first two hatchlings in it goes first.

3. Perform the battles in each group as follows:

For the trio group, take the three contenders to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with the 3-egg nest, the first fainter isn't ushered out between streaks; though they will appear alive, they are disqualified upon fainting. Keep going until a second dragon faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

For the duo group, take the two contenders (and a coach, optionally) to the Training Fields and begin a battle streak. Like with all battles that may have a coach, whether they faint or not doesn't matter. Keep going until one of the contenders faints. Set aside the survivor for now.

4. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and the coach from the duo group, if applicable) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.
~~~~~
6 Eggs

A six-egg nest is technically impossible in the normal challenge, but if you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then it could happen! In such a case, here is how the heir would be determined:

--

1. The dragon from the first nest and the older two dragons from the second nest become a Coliseum team and follow the three-egg nest battle rules. Continue the battle streak until two of the three dragons have fainted at least once. Set aside the survivor.

2. Repeat the first step, but with the youngest three dragons of the second nest.

3. Once the two survivors in each trial have been selected, bring them (and a coach, if desired) to the Training Fields once more. Begin your final battle streak and keep going until one of the contenders faints. The other one is the sole survivor and will carry on the legacy.

Optional Rules
Dreamnorn wrote:
Try Weggain (OR: If at First You Don't Succeed): If a Legacy of War pair gives you a one-egg nest on their first breeding, then instead of declaring the sole hatchling your heir by default, you get to have a second nest between the parents. Here are notes to anyone who wishes to use this rule:

It's all or nothing. If you use the Try Weggain optional rule, then you must re-breed the parents for all generations that get a one-egg nest, even if the sole hatchling has one or more upgrades that would satisfy a Legacy of War challengee.

If -- deities forbid -- the parents give you another one-egg nest after the first one, then you cannot breed them a third time. This clause only applies to the first breeding of a generation, not the second.

The single dragon hatched from the one-egg nest must be kept, and will be forced to battle with the sibling(s) that come from the second breeding of their parents. In the meantime, they cannot be exalted, leveled, bred, or have their starting battle stones altered.

When looking up the heir selection rules in the quote box above, the single dragon from the first nest will qualify as the firstborn. The first child of the second nest will qualify as the secondborn, the second child of the second nest will qualify as the thirdborn, and so on.

If you get a five-egg nest after your one-egg nest, then you will have six potential heirs! This cannot happen during a normal Legacy of War challenge, but the heir selection method for a "six-egg nest" is now described in the heir selection quote box above.
he/theyautistic

he/theyautistic

The Pairs
~~~~~
Spoilers! Skip if you don't want to have everything spoiled!

~~~~~~
Founders
Rainfall x Akos

Gen. 1
Echo x Nightrunner
The Pairs
~~~~~
Spoilers! Skip if you don't want to have everything spoiled!

~~~~~~
Founders
Rainfall x Akos

Gen. 1
Echo x Nightrunner
he/theyautistic

[center][size=6]Prologue[/size] ~~~~ [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=22&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=3&gender=1&tert=68&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=80&auth=d6e579a55abca856974579f57727a81e317c269f&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [i]Rainfall shuffled in the uncomfortable nest made of dried foliage she lay in, glancing outside every couple of moments to observe the storm that raged through the Shifting Expanse. The lack of information about the illness available in this land was concerning to many visitors from Wind territory, even though it wasn't as prevalent in the dragons here as it was back in her home. She had just heard curiously informative rumours about the so-called 'disease', and was curious to see if it was real, or just a made-up story. Slowly rising from her nest, the small Fae began to make her way out of the nursery cave, treading lightly so the echo of her claws wouldn't wake the nesting dragons curled around their eggs protectively. As Rainfall made her way out of the riddled, seemingly maze-like group of caves, she noticed the ferocity of the storm was beginning to dwindle, as the noise of the thunder had quietened. The Fae stepped out onto the rocky overhang, situated many metres above the barren ground below. Looking around, she noticed something... wasn't right. An eerie wind seemed to echo from the stones scattered around, from the leafless shrubs with gnarled twigs that grew out of the cliffside, and from the leftover wooden crates once filled with prizes earned from battle. The wispy smoke seemed to surround her, first her thin tail, then her dark green wings, and finally, her light green eyes. Rainfall's vision seemed to blur, and as she tried to stumble back inside of the cave, she realised her feet were no longer on solid ground. The Fae fell, and fell, and fell... ~ Rainfall awoke confused, dazed, laying amongst the broken boulders at the foot of the mountain. She felt as if she couldn't control her movements, and as her limbs moved, seemingly by themselves, the Fae let them carry her away, wherever they would take her. Little did she know, this incident would be the start of many...
Prologue
~~~~
dragon?age=0&body=22&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=3&gender=1&tert=68&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=80&auth=d6e579a55abca856974579f57727a81e317c269f&dummyext=prev.png
Rainfall shuffled in the uncomfortable nest made of dried foliage she lay in, glancing outside every couple of moments to observe the storm that raged through the Shifting Expanse. The lack of information about the illness available in this land was concerning to many visitors from Wind territory, even though it wasn't as prevalent in the dragons here as it was back in her home. She had just heard curiously informative rumours about the so-called 'disease', and was curious to see if it was real, or just a made-up story.
Slowly rising from her nest, the small Fae began to make her way out of the nursery cave, treading lightly so the echo of her claws wouldn't wake the nesting dragons curled around their eggs protectively. As Rainfall made her way out of the riddled, seemingly maze-like group of caves, she noticed the ferocity of the storm was beginning to dwindle, as the noise of the thunder had quietened.

The Fae stepped out onto the rocky overhang, situated many metres above the barren ground below. Looking around, she noticed something... wasn't right. An eerie wind seemed to echo from the stones scattered around, from the leafless shrubs with gnarled twigs that grew out of the cliffside, and from the leftover wooden crates once filled with prizes earned from battle. The wispy smoke seemed to surround her, first her thin tail, then her dark green wings, and finally, her light green eyes. Rainfall's vision seemed to blur, and as she tried to stumble back inside of the cave, she realised her feet were no longer on solid ground. The Fae fell, and fell, and fell...
~
Rainfall awoke confused, dazed, laying amongst the broken boulders at the foot of the mountain. She felt as if she couldn't control her movements, and as her limbs moved, seemingly by themselves, the Fae let them carry her away, wherever they would take her. Little did she know, this incident would be the start of many...
he/theyautistic

Chapter 1
~~~~

Rainfall rolled a rock on the dry ground, sighing with boredom. It had been a while since the 'incident', and since then there hadn't been many activities for her to do, aside from the usual insect catching, travelling around the Shifting Expanse, or just lazing around in the sun.
Snap.
The noise of branches breaking seemed to echo around the tall, rocky cliffs. Rainfall jumped to her feet and glanced around, trying to locate what could've made the noise. Although her confusion showed, she was actually hoping that what had caused the sound would be able to help with her mysterious condition. After a few minutes, the Fae bounded towards a cluster of leafless trees; if the noise had come from anywhere, it would most likely be an area like this.

As Rainfall neared the group of trees, she noticed a dragon - a Ridgeback to be exact - staring at her from behind the branches.
"What are you doing here?" he snapped. "Don't you know how dangerous it is out here for a young dragon like you?"
"A young dragon? You do rea-"
"Wait a second," the young Ridgeback commented, "do you know what these wisps are? Do you know how they got there?"
"I don't know. I walked outside after one of those dangerous storms and... This happened. These 'wisps' appeared and I'm not sure how they got there." She took a few paces backwards, still sceptical.
"I think I've heard of this, but I'm not sure," he sighed. "I could use a little assistance when researching this... Would you like to help? It is affecting you, after all."
"I guess I could... Let's go. The name's Rainfall, by the way. And your name is-,"
"Akos. Call me Akos."

The two dragons walked away from the trees, minds filled with thoughts of research, not knowing what would happen after they met.
Chapter 1
~~~~

Rainfall rolled a rock on the dry ground, sighing with boredom. It had been a while since the 'incident', and since then there hadn't been many activities for her to do, aside from the usual insect catching, travelling around the Shifting Expanse, or just lazing around in the sun.
Snap.
The noise of branches breaking seemed to echo around the tall, rocky cliffs. Rainfall jumped to her feet and glanced around, trying to locate what could've made the noise. Although her confusion showed, she was actually hoping that what had caused the sound would be able to help with her mysterious condition. After a few minutes, the Fae bounded towards a cluster of leafless trees; if the noise had come from anywhere, it would most likely be an area like this.

As Rainfall neared the group of trees, she noticed a dragon - a Ridgeback to be exact - staring at her from behind the branches.
"What are you doing here?" he snapped. "Don't you know how dangerous it is out here for a young dragon like you?"
"A young dragon? You do rea-"
"Wait a second," the young Ridgeback commented, "do you know what these wisps are? Do you know how they got there?"
"I don't know. I walked outside after one of those dangerous storms and... This happened. These 'wisps' appeared and I'm not sure how they got there." She took a few paces backwards, still sceptical.
"I think I've heard of this, but I'm not sure," he sighed. "I could use a little assistance when researching this... Would you like to help? It is affecting you, after all."
"I guess I could... Let's go. The name's Rainfall, by the way. And your name is-,"
"Akos. Call me Akos."

The two dragons walked away from the trees, minds filled with thoughts of research, not knowing what would happen after they met.
he/theyautistic

(Just a short update, since I'm not sure how I could write about this.) Rainfall and Akos have had a nest of three eggs. One full party of dragons, it looks like. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/5/3healthy_0dead.png[/img]
(Just a short update, since I'm not sure how I could write about this.)
Rainfall and Akos have had a nest of three eggs. One full party of dragons, it looks like.
3healthy_0dead.png
he/theyautistic

[center][size=6]Chapter 2[/size] ~~~~ [i]A tense feeling seemed to drift through the cave where Rainfall and Akos rested their heads. Beside them, their nest of three eggs was shifting, an indication that hatching time was near. Opening one eye, Rainfall lifted her head from the solid stone floor of the cave, her tail flicking in anticipation as she nudged the Ridgeback's side gently. "The eggs; they're hatching!" Akos dragged himself to his feet and followed her gaze to the quivering nest, just as the first egg began to break and a small blue Fae crept from the shell. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=28&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=5&gender=1&tert=68&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=135&auth=80120880eed9b5ecf1522af4476d2eccb94c8a10&dummyext=prev.png[/img][/i] The Fae tumbled out of the grassy nest and crawled towards her mother, a glint of playfulness in her eyes. Rainfall could see Akos frown; all basic genes. However, that wasn't her focus at this moment. She wanted to make sure these hatchlings would grow up quickly, in preparation for the upcoming event. "River." The Ridgeback snapped, nudging the Fae aside as he glared at the nest cracking egg. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=155&bodygene=4&breed=5&element=5&gender=0&tert=14&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=152&auth=db9ff8c0bd2abb6ba1227aa5e604d8e3601d4705&dummyext=prev.png[/img] [b]Better than the last hatchling.[/b] The Fae could almost hear her mate's thoughts as the young Ridgeback stretched out his wings, yawning. It bounded over to his sister, River, and the pair began playing with the loose blades of grass from the nest. "He'll grow up to be a strong one; I can tell," Akos smirked, "we shall call him Leaf. A nice name for a promising hatchling." Rainfall nodded in agreement, and both patiently waited for the final egg to hatch. [img]http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=0&body=126&bodygene=0&breed=5&element=5&gender=1&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=29&auth=7f0a3c47fc3bdf7424cde0a4c611ceb86c37c1d5&dummyext=prev.png[/img] A dark-scaled female wrestled her way out of the eggshell, and let out a tiny growl directed at her siblings, which seemed to endlessly echo off the rocky ceiling. "She's going to be a good warrior in the future." The Ridgeback bounded over to the other hatchlings, playfully nudging her brother. The two nipped at eachother's tails, while the tiny Fae slumped down in the corner. "The name 'Echo' would be fitting," Rainfall commented, glancing around. The peace here would not last. These hatchlings would have no idea of the trials facing them.[/center]
Chapter 2
~~~~
A tense feeling seemed to drift through the cave where Rainfall and Akos rested their heads. Beside them, their nest of three eggs was shifting, an indication that hatching time was near. Opening one eye, Rainfall lifted her head from the solid stone floor of the cave, her tail flicking in anticipation as she nudged the Ridgeback's side gently.
"The eggs; they're hatching!" Akos dragged himself to his feet and followed her gaze to the quivering nest, just as the first egg began to break and a small blue Fae crept from the shell.
dragon?age=0&body=28&bodygene=0&breed=1&element=5&gender=1&tert=68&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=135&auth=80120880eed9b5ecf1522af4476d2eccb94c8a10&dummyext=prev.png

The Fae tumbled out of the grassy nest and crawled towards her mother, a glint of playfulness in her eyes. Rainfall could see Akos frown; all basic genes. However, that wasn't her focus at this moment. She wanted to make sure these hatchlings would grow up quickly, in preparation for the upcoming event.
"River." The Ridgeback snapped, nudging the Fae aside as he glared at the nest cracking egg.
dragon?age=0&body=155&bodygene=4&breed=5&element=5&gender=0&tert=14&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=152&auth=db9ff8c0bd2abb6ba1227aa5e604d8e3601d4705&dummyext=prev.png
Better than the last hatchling. The Fae could almost hear her mate's thoughts as the young Ridgeback stretched out his wings, yawning. It bounded over to his sister, River, and the pair began playing with the loose blades of grass from the nest.
"He'll grow up to be a strong one; I can tell," Akos smirked, "we shall call him Leaf.
A nice name for a promising hatchling." Rainfall nodded in agreement, and both patiently waited for the final egg to hatch.
dragon?age=0&body=126&bodygene=0&breed=5&element=5&gender=1&tert=15&tertgene=0&winggene=0&wings=29&auth=7f0a3c47fc3bdf7424cde0a4c611ceb86c37c1d5&dummyext=prev.png
A dark-scaled female wrestled her way out of the eggshell, and let out a tiny growl directed at her siblings, which seemed to endlessly echo off the rocky ceiling.
"She's going to be a good warrior in the future." The Ridgeback bounded over to the other hatchlings, playfully nudging her brother. The two nipped at eachother's tails, while the tiny Fae slumped down in the corner.
"The name 'Echo' would be fitting," Rainfall commented, glancing around. The peace here would not last.

These hatchlings would have no idea of the trials facing them.
he/theyautistic

Chapter 3
~~~~
(Gosh heck, random healing turns and CAPTCHAs ruin this all.
*silently screams at waiting message*)

The trio trudged into the wide expanses of the Training Fields, not looking back as their tails brushed along the soft grass. While the two Ridgebacks walked along without uttering a word, River bounded forwards with seemingly endless optimism.
"Where are we going? Oh, I've always wanted to come here!"
"Quiet," Echo snapped from a few paces ahead. "We're trying to concentrate. Be quiet and maybe we'll escape without harm."

Leaf paused, glaring at the bushes in front. "Something's nearby. Be care-" Without warning, two figures dashed out from the foliage and launched themselves at the Ridgebacks in front. Echo growled, lashing out at was seemed to be a Satin Pocketmouse, with her brother not far behind. River fluttered behind them, her eyes darting from creature to creature.
"Great. First enemy down," the Fae muttered as a bolt of weak magic crashed into the remaining Pocketmouse's side. A few slashed later and the pair scrambled back into the trees. Echo stumbled, the scratches on her limbs clearly hindering her balance; she looked around cautiously as the group came face to face with two more enemies.

"Every dragon for themselves." Leaf's expression changed to a subtle smirk as they were all hit with a flurry of attacks. River leapt back as a bolt flew into her sensitive wings, which she promptly folded up. A few turns later and they all sought out shelter to rest.

Echo made her way out of the Training Fields, her head lifted high in the cold morning air. She had made it out, while her siblings had fallen or carved their own paths somewhere far away; which one, she didn't know. But all that mattered to the Ridgeback now was finding out the root of the mysterious illness, and continuing what her parents did before.
Chapter 3
~~~~
(Gosh heck, random healing turns and CAPTCHAs ruin this all.
*silently screams at waiting message*)

The trio trudged into the wide expanses of the Training Fields, not looking back as their tails brushed along the soft grass. While the two Ridgebacks walked along without uttering a word, River bounded forwards with seemingly endless optimism.
"Where are we going? Oh, I've always wanted to come here!"
"Quiet," Echo snapped from a few paces ahead. "We're trying to concentrate. Be quiet and maybe we'll escape without harm."

Leaf paused, glaring at the bushes in front. "Something's nearby. Be care-" Without warning, two figures dashed out from the foliage and launched themselves at the Ridgebacks in front. Echo growled, lashing out at was seemed to be a Satin Pocketmouse, with her brother not far behind. River fluttered behind them, her eyes darting from creature to creature.
"Great. First enemy down," the Fae muttered as a bolt of weak magic crashed into the remaining Pocketmouse's side. A few slashed later and the pair scrambled back into the trees. Echo stumbled, the scratches on her limbs clearly hindering her balance; she looked around cautiously as the group came face to face with two more enemies.

"Every dragon for themselves." Leaf's expression changed to a subtle smirk as they were all hit with a flurry of attacks. River leapt back as a bolt flew into her sensitive wings, which she promptly folded up. A few turns later and they all sought out shelter to rest.

Echo made her way out of the Training Fields, her head lifted high in the cold morning air. She had made it out, while her siblings had fallen or carved their own paths somewhere far away; which one, she didn't know. But all that mattered to the Ridgeback now was finding out the root of the mysterious illness, and continuing what her parents did before.
he/theyautistic

Chapter 4
~~~~
Ever since her departure from the Training Fields, Echo had spent much of her time with her head buried in a book. She had managed to locate an abandoned library in the heart of the Shifting Expanse, after a little help from dragons she had come across on her travels, who, despite the fact that they were wary of the mysterious wisps, had decided to provide assistance. Few had known about this place, and the Ridgeback wondered if, other than those who had guided her, anyone else knew about the book-filled room.

A knock on the tattered wooden door made Echo jump to her feet within moments.
"Who's there?" A snarl escaped her throat as she paced towards the entrance, swinging it open quickly to reveal a dark-coated Skydancer.
"Hey... I-I was told about this place and... wanted to help with your research," he muttered, a shy tone to his voice.
"Well, make it quick. I don't have all day, you know." Her aggressive response caused the Skydancer to flinch, but he continued to speak.
"I have something that could help. My name's Nightrunner, by the way... I was given it in my home." The Ridgeback stepped back, allowing Nightrunner's slender frame to slip into the small space.

"Here..." Nightrunner placed a satchel filled to the brim with scrolls and books on the wooden desk. Echo glanced down at the titles, which mentioned things such as 'illnesses', 'cures' and 'curses'.
"I guess I could make use of these," she commented, looking away from the covers to the Skydancer's eyes, which had a glint of hopefulness in them. "Since you bought these here, perhaps you'd like to help-"
"I-I'd be glad to," he replied nervously, sitting down beside the desk. The two began to flip through the pages long into the night.
This research was tiring. But it would be vital for solving the mystery.
Chapter 4
~~~~
Ever since her departure from the Training Fields, Echo had spent much of her time with her head buried in a book. She had managed to locate an abandoned library in the heart of the Shifting Expanse, after a little help from dragons she had come across on her travels, who, despite the fact that they were wary of the mysterious wisps, had decided to provide assistance. Few had known about this place, and the Ridgeback wondered if, other than those who had guided her, anyone else knew about the book-filled room.

A knock on the tattered wooden door made Echo jump to her feet within moments.
"Who's there?" A snarl escaped her throat as she paced towards the entrance, swinging it open quickly to reveal a dark-coated Skydancer.
"Hey... I-I was told about this place and... wanted to help with your research," he muttered, a shy tone to his voice.
"Well, make it quick. I don't have all day, you know." Her aggressive response caused the Skydancer to flinch, but he continued to speak.
"I have something that could help. My name's Nightrunner, by the way... I was given it in my home." The Ridgeback stepped back, allowing Nightrunner's slender frame to slip into the small space.

"Here..." Nightrunner placed a satchel filled to the brim with scrolls and books on the wooden desk. Echo glanced down at the titles, which mentioned things such as 'illnesses', 'cures' and 'curses'.
"I guess I could make use of these," she commented, looking away from the covers to the Skydancer's eyes, which had a glint of hopefulness in them. "Since you bought these here, perhaps you'd like to help-"
"I-I'd be glad to," he replied nervously, sitting down beside the desk. The two began to flip through the pages long into the night.
This research was tiring. But it would be vital for solving the mystery.
he/theyautistic