Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [MJ-18] Clouded Images
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
[center] [img]http://i.imgur.com/pfnGda6.png[/img] It’s a beautiful day in Sorneith; the sun is shining, the clouds are drifting across the sky, and the Mistral Jamboree’s in full swing. You’re strolling through the festival, enjoying the sights and sounds, when a large tent catches your eye. The gaudy monstrosity is draped with random baubles and trinkets from across the world; how this thing stays standing instead of collapsing is a complete mystery to you. You can see where more items are spilling out of tent entrance, just below the large sign that says ‘Famous Adventurer’. There’s a very enthusiastic young snapper out front who’s been passing out flyers to everyone who passes by. When they see you eyeing the tent they bounce on over. “Hi! I’m Ralph! You should come check out our tent! It’s my uncle’s, and I’m his junior assistant! He’s teaching me about exploring stuff, and he has good stories! Please take a flyer? He says passing them out is a ‘good character building exercise’...I dunno why but I’m gonna do my best!” You take one of the flyers from him; looking at it all it says is ‘Earn free stuff inside’. Well, you’d hate to disappoint the little guy, [i]and[/i] free is your favorite price, so you might as well take a peek inside. The inside of this place is a total mess. Piles of items reach up towards the tent’s ceiling, leaving little room to walk around them. There’s an open space in the center, where a snapper is standing at a table, peering down at something there. You make your way over to him, say hello, and introduce yourself...but he doesn't turn around. So you say hello again louder...and louder again, before he finally looks over his shoulder. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=24867785] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/248678/24867785_350.png[/img] [/url] “Ah! Another adventurous soul has wandered in!” He booms. “Don’t be so quiet, I almost didn’t hear you! Now then, I’m sure you’re interested you’re interested in the free stuff, eh? And the chance to learn at my side all week of course! So, let’s get down to business. You look down and see a picture of….something. Something very, very blurry. “So, this here. You see, I take good photos, it’s not my fault if they develop wrong. Shoddy equipment, that’s the [i]real[/i] problem. But the thing is, I was taking these for some valuable jam research for the festival! I made notes about what everything is, but I, erm, forgot to write down the [i]actual[/i] names of the items. Something I have a bad habit of [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2140473#post_2140473]doing that[/url]. So I need some volunteers to take a close look at these, maybe do some research, and let me know what they come up with. It’s important works, so I’m willing to give out some of my fantastical artifacts to make sure it gets accomplished! What do you say? [url=https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Mu1T9ssduh5mZV1JHg268YW3zoyl3XfAfsObWqkZBfM/edit?usp=sharing]Fancy Pinglist so I can grab names quickly[/url] [/center]
pfnGda6.png

It’s a beautiful day in Sorneith; the sun is shining, the clouds are drifting across the sky, and the Mistral Jamboree’s in full swing. You’re strolling through the festival, enjoying the sights and sounds, when a large tent catches your eye.

The gaudy monstrosity is draped with random baubles and trinkets from across the world; how this thing stays standing instead of collapsing is a complete mystery to you. You can see where more items are spilling out of tent entrance, just below the large sign that says ‘Famous Adventurer’. There’s a very enthusiastic young snapper out front who’s been passing out flyers to everyone who passes by. When they see you eyeing the tent they bounce on over.

“Hi! I’m Ralph! You should come check out our tent! It’s my uncle’s, and I’m his junior assistant! He’s teaching me about exploring stuff, and he has good stories! Please take a flyer? He says passing them out is a ‘good character building exercise’...I dunno why but I’m gonna do my best!” You take one of the flyers from him; looking at it all it says is ‘Earn free stuff inside’. Well, you’d hate to disappoint the little guy, and free is your favorite price, so you might as well take a peek inside.

The inside of this place is a total mess. Piles of items reach up towards the tent’s ceiling, leaving little room to walk around them. There’s an open space in the center, where a snapper is standing at a table, peering down at something there. You make your way over to him, say hello, and introduce yourself...but he doesn't turn around. So you say hello again louder...and louder again, before he finally looks over his shoulder.

24867785_350.png

“Ah! Another adventurous soul has wandered in!” He booms. “Don’t be so quiet, I almost didn’t hear you! Now then, I’m sure you’re interested you’re interested in the free stuff, eh? And the chance to learn at my side all week of course! So, let’s get down to business.

You look down and see a picture of….something. Something very, very blurry. “So, this here. You see, I take good photos, it’s not my fault if they develop wrong. Shoddy equipment, that’s the real problem. But the thing is, I was taking these for some valuable jam research for the festival! I made notes about what everything is, but I, erm, forgot to write down the actual names of the items. Something I have a bad habit of doing that. So I need some volunteers to take a close look at these, maybe do some research, and let me know what they come up with. It’s important works, so I’m willing to give out some of my fantastical artifacts to make sure it gets accomplished! What do you say?

Fancy Pinglist so I can grab names quickly
goosehonk.pngXtd8gvm.pngwetturt.pngr9qdtOG.pngafNQRjo.png
HOW THIS WORKS

• We're open from March 24th until rollover on April 1st.
  • This event is open to both OOF people AND Windies!
  • Every day after rollover I will post the day's image and clues. You have until rollover of that day to submit your guesses. Do NOT talk about what you think the image is in the thread here. Everybody has to come up with an answer on their own.
  • All guesses need to be submitted using this form. Guesses submitted via PM or on this thread do NOT count.
  • You get one guess per image. You cannot change your answer. I will accept close spelling or alternate names.
  • If you think you've spelled your name wrong you can contact me and I'll fix it
  • All of the correct answers for the day will be tallied during rollover. I'll use random.org to pick a random winner for that day's daily prize. Daily winners will be announced when a new picture is posted
  • You are more than welcome to use the internet to try and find the answer. It doesn't have to be off the top of your head.
  • At the end of the game all the correct answers from every picture will be added together. I will use random.org to draw winners for the Grand Prizes. This means that even if you don't win a daily prize your correct guesses can still get you some fancy stuff
  • Grand Prize winners will be drawn April 2nd
  • Have any questions? Want to be pinged when I draw prizes? Post here! :D
HOW THIS WORKS

• We're open from March 24th until rollover on April 1st.
  • This event is open to both OOF people AND Windies!
  • Every day after rollover I will post the day's image and clues. You have until rollover of that day to submit your guesses. Do NOT talk about what you think the image is in the thread here. Everybody has to come up with an answer on their own.
  • All guesses need to be submitted using this form. Guesses submitted via PM or on this thread do NOT count.
  • You get one guess per image. You cannot change your answer. I will accept close spelling or alternate names.
  • If you think you've spelled your name wrong you can contact me and I'll fix it
  • All of the correct answers for the day will be tallied during rollover. I'll use random.org to pick a random winner for that day's daily prize. Daily winners will be announced when a new picture is posted
  • You are more than welcome to use the internet to try and find the answer. It doesn't have to be off the top of your head.
  • At the end of the game all the correct answers from every picture will be added together. I will use random.org to draw winners for the Grand Prizes. This means that even if you don't win a daily prize your correct guesses can still get you some fancy stuff
  • Grand Prize winners will be drawn April 2nd
  • Have any questions? Want to be pinged when I draw prizes? Post here! :D
[center][size=4][b]PRIZES[/b][/size][br] [b]Here's some examples of what you can win with Daily Prizes![/b] [quote][item=Fire Tome][item=Sussex Spaniel][item=Cosmo Gecko] [item=Primal Lion][Item=Accent: Windblown Bonsai][item=Cinder Nymph][/quote] [b]Grand Prize Packs[/b] [quote=When I Was Gold] [Skin=24667][item=Golden Silks][item=Gold Fly][item=Gold Muck] [/quote] [quote=Shadowlands] [item=Wispwillow Peryton][item=Tertiary Gene: Ghost][item=Aer Phantom][item=Dusky Thorn Tangle][item=Ichor Nymph][/quote] [quote=This One Has Cats] [item=Anomalous Nekomata][item=Calico Cat][item=Prancing Capricat][item=Harvest Floracat][/quote] [quote=Nom-de Plume] [item=Strawberry Plumes][item=Strawberry][item=Peach Plumes][item=Miniature Potash Peach][item=Fig Plumes][item=Fig][item=Blueberry Plumes][item=Blue Rose][item=Sunburst Plumage][item=Crimson Plumage][item=Inkwell Plumage][/quote] [quote=Gobble-Goblin] [item=Woodland Turkey][item=Shining Goblin][item=Sparkling Goblin][item=Blazing Goblin][item=Enduring Goblin][item=Frozen Goblin][item=Obscuring Goblin][item=Gusting Goblin][item=Bubbling Goblin][item=Crumbling Goblin][item=Sprouting Goblin][item=Paunchy Red Percher][item=Candy Cockatrice][/quote] [/center]
PRIZES

Here's some examples of what you can win with Daily Prizes!
Quote:
Fire Tome Sussex Spaniel Cosmo Gecko
Primal Lion Accent: Windblown Bonsai Cinder Nymph

Grand Prize Packs
When I Was Gold wrote:
Golden Silks Gold Fly Gold Muck
Shadowlands wrote:
Wispwillow Peryton Tertiary Gene: Ghost Aer Phantom Dusky Thorn Tangle Ichor Nymph
This One Has Cats wrote:
Anomalous Nekomata Calico Cat Prancing Capricat Harvest Floracat
Nom-de Plume wrote:
Strawberry Plumes Strawberry Peach Plumes Miniature Potash Peach Fig Plumes Fig Blueberry Plumes Blue Rose Sunburst Plumage Crimson Plumage Inkwell Plumage
Gobble-Goblin wrote:
Woodland Turkey Shining Goblin Sparkling Goblin Blazing Goblin Enduring Goblin Frozen Goblin Obscuring Goblin Gusting Goblin Bubbling Goblin Crumbling Goblin Sprouting Goblin Paunchy Red Percher Candy Cockatrice
[center]Now then! Take a look at this!" Orville slides a picture over to you...[br] [img]https://i.imgur.com/JqRCccv.jpg[/img][/center][br] [LIST=1] [*]These are enjoyed during a certain religious festival [*]There are a lot of theories about the ‘real’ reason for their shape [*]For decades these has been an ‘official’ debate over the merits of this and another of the culture’s traditional foods. [*]Poppy seeds are the traditional filling, although now they come with all different kinds. [/LIST] Submit your guess using [url=https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1MoEl6xjAXzXwyh1Z_M3YchBpqPABiMHSVkI6vSRVPNA][b]this form[/b][/url] [b]NOTE: This is up early, but you still have until Rollover on Sunday Night to answer it[/b]
Now then! Take a look at this!" Orville slides a picture over to you...

JqRCccv.jpg

1. These are enjoyed during a certain religious festival
  2. There are a lot of theories about the ‘real’ reason for their shape
  3. For decades these has been an ‘official’ debate over the merits of this and another of the culture’s traditional foods.
  4. Poppy seeds are the traditional filling, although now they come with all different kinds.

Submit your guess using this form

NOTE: This is up early, but you still have until Rollover on Sunday Night to answer it
@Sepah pinglist please! This game's gonna make me hungry for jammy goods, isn't it?
@Sepah pinglist please! This game's gonna make me hungry for jammy goods, isn't it?
BPpOUJu.png
@Selah

Could I get a daily ping for this? Thank you!
@Selah

Could I get a daily ping for this? Thank you!
tumblr_osj9l6G4Fp1s8qczso1_r3_540.png
@Selah Could I be placed on the ping-list as well?
@Selah Could I be placed on the ping-list as well?
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
@Selah pinglist please! Also, I had a question! Are the images all from FR, or not? I figured it out, they aren't!
@Selah pinglist please! Also, I had a question! Are the images all from FR, or not? I figured it out, they aren't!
tumblr_inline_p5pm8ilXHR1snqxo7_540.pngtumblr_inline_p5pm88iMWx1snqxo7_540.pngtumblr_inline_p5pm853LzI1snqxo7_540.pngtumblr_inline_p5pm8eybiO1snqxo7_540.pngtumblr_inline_p5pm8nrdRq1snqxo7_540.pngtumblr_inline_p5pm8aTwVE1snqxo7_540.png
@Selah could I get into the pinglist please?
@Selah could I get into the pinglist please?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18