Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Personal]A Legacy of Lore & Locke
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35 36
@BlueJaysFeather - Nope, only after breeding their own heir nest.

Although, considering the infrequency of my food drops and the fact that I put my heirs up as soon as they're RTB, I don't think anybody's likely to end up in that scenario anyway. Although it might be more likely once I get to rare breeds...regardless, nobody gets a gene til after their first nest :)
@BlueJaysFeather - Nope, only after breeding their own heir nest.

Although, considering the infrequency of my food drops and the fact that I put my heirs up as soon as they're RTB, I don't think anybody's likely to end up in that scenario anyway. Although it might be more likely once I get to rare breeds...regardless, nobody gets a gene til after their first nest :)
[center][item="berserker"] Hooo boy Scorched Forest is HARD They don't call it a death streak for nothing[/center] [b]Starting Treasure:[/b] 554,481 + 72 gems [b]Actions Available Today:[/b] Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), [b]Treasure After Dailies: [/b]564,701 [img]https://i.imgur.com/4Kxeh2X.png[/img] [quote] Pearl watched her son fall. There was nothing to do. She was too far away. She was too weak. They were at a perpetual disadvantage. She had seen too many dragons she cared about die. She could no longer mourn them. The sadness would not come. ~*~ "Pascale. I know what it is that you are doing." She spoke in the voice of someone who is dead inside, hollow and cold. The headmaster lifted his gaze, brows raised. "Yes? I believe I made it quite clear..." "No. All of it. I know what's actually going on." Her eyes blazed, and the skydancer actually looked away, temporarily cowed by the grieving mother. "I want in on it." He blinked. That was not what he had anticipated hearing. "Pardon?" "No more leaving me in the dark. I want in on it. My heirs, too. I demand you teach them. AND," she lifted a talon, before he could protest, "my other sons. Nether and Endor." "So you finally got around to naming them." She ignored him. "Allow them to participate." A muscle twitched in her jaw. She tried very hard not to think about Andrick, and the struggle of returning his body home. "I want...a do-over." Surprise turned to contemplation on his face as the skydancer considered this. He counted something silently off on his talons, brow furrowing deeply, and then a broad smirk cut through his fine-boned features. "Just the one who resembles the father, I presume." She nodded. "Yes." A hesitation. Was she certain that this is what she wanted? She didn't know. She was working from instinct now. She only knew that it felt right. [/quote] @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset POOR ANDRICK ;_; Ping me if you'd like to reclaim his body, elsewise I'll exalt him. Meanwhile: Geez, Pearl....what are you up to? *squints* Guess we'll found out soon enough. ETA: lol I just realized one of Pearl's first nestlings was called Endor, too. That's funny, I'd completely forgotten (I randomize all my names). Well, that's definitely getting made into a plot point later...
Berserker
Hooo boy Scorched Forest is HARD
They don't call it a death streak for nothing

Starting Treasure: 554,481 + 72 gems
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional),
Treasure After Dailies: 564,701

4Kxeh2X.png
Quote:
Pearl watched her son fall.

There was nothing to do. She was too far away. She was too weak. They were at a perpetual disadvantage.

She had seen too many dragons she cared about die.

She could no longer mourn them. The sadness would not come.

~*~

"Pascale. I know what it is that you are doing." She spoke in the voice of someone who is dead inside, hollow and cold.

The headmaster lifted his gaze, brows raised. "Yes? I believe I made it quite clear..."

"No. All of it. I know what's actually going on." Her eyes blazed, and the skydancer actually looked away, temporarily cowed by the grieving mother. "I want in on it."

He blinked. That was not what he had anticipated hearing. "Pardon?"

"No more leaving me in the dark. I want in on it. My heirs, too. I demand you teach them. AND," she lifted a talon, before he could protest, "my other sons. Nether and Endor."

"So you finally got around to naming them."

She ignored him. "Allow them to participate." A muscle twitched in her jaw. She tried very hard not to think about Andrick, and the struggle of returning his body home. "I want...a do-over."

Surprise turned to contemplation on his face as the skydancer considered this. He counted something silently off on his talons, brow furrowing deeply, and then a broad smirk cut through his fine-boned features.

"Just the one who resembles the father, I presume."

She nodded. "Yes." A hesitation. Was she certain that this is what she wanted?

She didn't know. She was working from instinct now. She only knew that it felt right.

@TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset

POOR ANDRICK ;_;

Ping me if you'd like to reclaim his body, elsewise I'll exalt him.

Meanwhile: Geez, Pearl....what are you up to? *squints*

Guess we'll found out soon enough.

ETA:
lol I just realized one of Pearl's first nestlings was called Endor, too. That's funny, I'd completely forgotten (I randomize all my names). Well, that's definitely getting made into a plot point later...
Andrick noooo!
Andrick noooo!
Maybe help me do a mass hatch for some art?
[center][item="moth-eaten mith doll"] This will be a much smaller chest opening, but I'll take it! [/center] [b]Starting Treasure:[/b] 564,701 + 72 gems [b]Actions Available Today:[/b] Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Chest Opening [b]Treasure After Dailies:[/b] 630,710 + 136 gems [quote="Chests"] [item="rusted treasure chest"]x11 [item="iron treasure chest"]x6 [item="gilded decorative chest"]x3 [item="broken penny jar"]x4 [item="broken pottery jar"]x8 [item="waterlogged trunk"]x7 [/quote] [quote=Notable Finds] [item="saucer stare"] [item="pathfinder's cape"] [item="dustrunner's arctic gloves"]x2 [item="simple gold necklace"] [item="mage's cranberry bag"][item="cat's tail guard"] [item="blackwing croaker"] [item="bloody arm bandages"] [item="white satin tunic"] [item="leather aviator gloves"] [item="ranger's gloves"] [item="seaglass swimmer"] [item="bright rogue gloves"] [item="king parda"] Total Treasure: 66,009 Gems: 64 [/quote] @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset
Moth-eaten Mith Doll
This will be a much smaller chest opening, but I'll take it!

Starting Treasure: 564,701 + 72 gems
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Chest Opening
Treasure After Dailies: 630,710 + 136 gems
Chests wrote:
Rusted Treasure Chest x11 Iron Treasure Chest x6 Gilded Decorative Chest x3 Broken Penny Jar x4 Broken Pottery Jar x8 Waterlogged Trunk x7
Notable Finds wrote:
Saucer Stare Pathfinder's Cape Dustrunner's Arctic Gloves x2 Simple Gold Necklace Mage's Cranberry Bag Cat's Tail Guard Blackwing Croaker Bloody Arm Bandages White Satin Tunic Leather Aviator Gloves Ranger's Gloves Seaglass Swimmer Bright Rogue Gloves King Parda

Total Treasure: 66,009
Gems: 64

@TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset
[center][item="simple iron bracelets"] The day's exalting profits go to the 'locke[/center] [b]Starting Treasure:[/b] 630,710 + 136 gems [b]Actions Available Today:[/b] Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Exalt Profits [b]Treasure After Dailies: [/b]777,606 OKAY I am back. Yesterday got really busy, so I had to wrap up exalting today. The day's exalting profits came in at 146,896! Somebody needs to hit level 10 so I can buy a gene, this money is burning a hole in my pockets!
Simple Iron Bracelets
The day's exalting profits go to the 'locke

Starting Treasure: 630,710 + 136 gems
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Exalt Profits
Treasure After Dailies: 777,606

OKAY I am back. Yesterday got really busy, so I had to wrap up exalting today. The day's exalting profits came in at 146,896!

Somebody needs to hit level 10 so I can buy a gene, this money is burning a hole in my pockets!
[center][item="fishing net"][/center] [b]Starting Treasure:[/b] 777,606 + 136 gems [b]Actions Available Today: [/b]Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), [b]Treasure After Dailies:[/b] 780,506 HATCH DAY. Bula and Rivoltante hatched two babies: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40734926] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407350/40734926_350.png[/img] [/url][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40734925] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/407350/40734925_350.png[/img] [/url] YAY for a tert upgrade! First bit of good news we've had in a while, lol. Of course, who knows if he'll survive long enough to spawn at this rate, but we shall see. Pearl is cooking up a scheme, though. I'll have to check in with her later -- no time to write a story bit today. @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset
Fishing Net

Starting Treasure: 777,606 + 136 gems
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional),
Treasure After Dailies: 780,506

HATCH DAY.

Bula and Rivoltante hatched two babies:

40734926_350.png

40734925_350.png

YAY for a tert upgrade! First bit of good news we've had in a while, lol. Of course, who knows if he'll survive long enough to spawn at this rate, but we shall see.

Pearl is cooking up a scheme, though. I'll have to check in with her later -- no time to write a story bit today.

@fenshae

Add me to the pinglist, please! I love how the story's going right now! ^^
@fenshae

Add me to the pinglist, please! I love how the story's going right now! ^^
8SzUkvf.pngAjq2isW.pngiAiI6jU.png
[center][item="translucent fins"][/center] [b]Starting Treasure: [/b]780,506 + 136 gems [b]Actions Available Today:[/b] Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), [b]Treasure After Dailies:[/b] 789,446 [quote] "Endor," Pearl called, quietly, into the sleeping quarters of the younger dragons. "We need to talk." Endor lifted his head sleepily, nudging his brother's wing out of the way as he squirmed out into view. "Yes?" "I never told you this, but you had a brother named Endor once, also," Pearl said, after a long and thoughtful pause. She glanced over her shoulder, ensuring that they were alone; but it was late at night, and the tower's halls were empty. "He...fell in battle. But it was a mistake. He should have survived." With Andrick gone, now, it was easier to harbor quiet anger toward him than to process her grief. Endor's brows lifted. "Is that why you named me for him? You wanted a...do-over?" She did not respond to that immediately. Instead, she allowed her gaze to travel, settling in an unfocused manner on a point over his shoulder. She was quiet for a long time. "I have some money and equipment for you," she said, at last. "I need you to travel into the village, where the entertainers and merchants trade in their human forms. Take your brother. Find..." she hesitated, because stated so baldly, this sounded....awful. She tried again. "Find happiness. Fall in love." Endor looked up, smiling sadly. He was not a stupid dragon. He had grown up in unusual circumstances, after all. "You wish for me to choose a mate and have a strong heir," he said, simply, without judgment in his words. "You want me to replace Andrick." She shifted uncomfortably. It didn't sound so good, stated aloud. She swallowed. "I want you to choose a mate for yourself, before Pascale gets the idea to do it for you. Criminals and vagrants and who-knows-what." She was still carrying some bad blood toward Isolde, it seemed. Endor glanced over at his still-sleeping brother, and sighed. "We are not your heirs, mother. It should not matter to you whether or not we mate." "Not him," she said, quickly, and wished it did not sound so horrible. "Just...just you." He ran a talon over his face. His mother's sanity seemed to be cracking. "Fine, mother. I tell you what. If I take Nether and leave this place, and send you back a grandchild to coddle, will you release me from any other expectations?" She nodded, expression sour. "Then consider it done." [/quote] @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset @Honeyflight
Translucent Fins

Starting Treasure: 780,506 + 136 gems
Treasure After Dailies: 789,446
Quote:
"Endor," Pearl called, quietly, into the sleeping quarters of the younger dragons. "We need to talk."

Endor lifted his head sleepily, nudging his brother's wing out of the way as he squirmed out into view. "Yes?"

"I never told you this, but you had a brother named Endor once, also," Pearl said, after a long and thoughtful pause. She glanced over her shoulder, ensuring that they were alone; but it was late at night, and the tower's halls were empty. "He...fell in battle. But it was a mistake. He should have survived."

With Andrick gone, now, it was easier to harbor quiet anger toward him than to process her grief.

Endor's brows lifted. "Is that why you named me for him? You wanted a...do-over?"

She did not respond to that immediately. Instead, she allowed her gaze to travel, settling in an unfocused manner on a point over his shoulder. She was quiet for a long time.

"I have some money and equipment for you," she said, at last. "I need you to travel into the village, where the entertainers and merchants trade in their human forms. Take your brother. Find..." she hesitated, because stated so baldly, this sounded....awful. She tried again. "Find happiness. Fall in love."

Endor looked up, smiling sadly. He was not a stupid dragon. He had grown up in unusual circumstances, after all. "You wish for me to choose a mate and have a strong heir," he said, simply, without judgment in his words. "You want me to replace Andrick."

She shifted uncomfortably. It didn't sound so good, stated aloud. She swallowed. "I want you to choose a mate for yourself, before Pascale gets the idea to do it for you. Criminals and vagrants and who-knows-what."

She was still carrying some bad blood toward Isolde, it seemed.

Endor glanced over at his still-sleeping brother, and sighed. "We are not your heirs, mother. It should not matter to you whether or not we mate."

"Not him," she said, quickly, and wished it did not sound so horrible. "Just...just you."

He ran a talon over his face. His mother's sanity seemed to be cracking.

"Fine, mother. I tell you what. If I take Nether and leave this place, and send you back a grandchild to coddle, will you release me from any other expectations?"

She nodded, expression sour.

"Then consider it done."

@TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset @Honeyflight
Oh no Pearl what are you doing
Oh no Pearl what are you doing
wq9PoXA.png
[center][item="red-winged dewbug"] 20-30 matches [/center] [b]Starting Treasure:[/b] 789,446+ 136 gems [b]Actions Available Today:[/b] Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Coliseum [b]Treasure After Dailies:[/b] 805,905 [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/400870/40086990p.png[/img][nextcol][quote]"Let me come with you."[/quote][/columns] [columns][quote]"What?" Endor peered at him, skeptical. [/quote][nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/404058/40405795p.png[/img][/columns] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/400870/40086990p.png[/img][nextcol][quote]"Just until you reach the village. For protection."[/quote][/columns] [columns][quote]Endor's brow lifted. "Why do you care, all of a sudden?"[/quote][nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/404058/40405795p.png[/img][/columns] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/400870/40086990p.png[/img][nextcol][quote]Rivo grinned sheepishly. "I don't, exactly. It's just that...the others don't take me seriously. They go off alone, forget about me. But with Andrick gone..."[/quote][/columns] [columns][quote]"You think you can prove yourself worthy as the man of the house."[/quote][nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/404058/40405795p.png[/img][/columns] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/400870/40086990p.png[/img][nextcol][quote]"Something of that nature." He frowned. "Bula and I used to be so close."[/quote][/columns] [columns][quote]"Just let him tag along, bro. We need all the help we can get."[/quote][nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/404058/40405794p.png[/img][/columns] I wanted a mage leveled up, and it's too dangerous sending him with the girls. Go get 'em, boys! Okay. Everyone is now level 4 (man those early levels sure add up fast, it's a shame that doesn't last lol). And...what's this??? [quote] Endor had to admit, if a bit grudgingly, that Rivo's presence had been helpful. It was nice having someone watching his back, someone a bit more serious-minded than Nether. It was also nice, he mused, for his survival not to depend on a death match with his brother, as his brother most likely would have won. Nether was a bit of an idiot, all jokes and smiles, but he was formidable in battle, and the road to the trading village was a dangerous one. So: There they were, the three of them, setting up their night's accommodations at the local inn, when he saw her. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40002391] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/400024/40002391_350.png[/img] [/url] Beautiful, well-dressed, all coy smiles and friendly inquiries. It did not take much to spin a tale of his heroic deeds (however brief they had been in truth), and dragons in the merchant towns had a hunger for stories. Little wonder his father had been so successful out here. [img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/8/3healthy_0dead.png[/img] It didn't take much convincing to sit the nest together. Merchant towns can be incredibly dull. [i]I hope this satisfies you, mother,[/i] Endor thought to himself with a bitter smile as he curled around the nest. He tried to pretend that he did not feel a measure of pride looking down upon them. [/quote] @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset @Honeyflight
Red-Winged Dewbug
20-30 matches

Starting Treasure: 789,446+ 136 gems
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Coliseum
Treasure After Dailies: 805,905

40086990p.png
Quote:
"Let me come with you."
Quote:
"What?" Endor peered at him, skeptical.
40405795p.png
40086990p.png
Quote:
"Just until you reach the village. For protection."
Quote:
Endor's brow lifted. "Why do you care, all of a sudden?"
40405795p.png
40086990p.png
Quote:
Rivo grinned sheepishly. "I don't, exactly. It's just that...the others don't take me seriously. They go off alone, forget about me. But with Andrick gone..."
Quote:
"You think you can prove yourself worthy as the man of the house."
40405795p.png
40086990p.png
Quote:
"Something of that nature." He frowned. "Bula and I used to be so close."
Quote:
"Just let him tag along, bro. We need all the help we can get."
40405794p.png

I wanted a mage leveled up, and it's too dangerous sending him with the girls. Go get 'em, boys!

Okay. Everyone is now level 4 (man those early levels sure add up fast, it's a shame that doesn't last lol). And...what's this???
Quote:
Endor had to admit, if a bit grudgingly, that Rivo's presence had been helpful. It was nice having someone watching his back, someone a bit more serious-minded than Nether.

It was also nice, he mused, for his survival not to depend on a death match with his brother, as his brother most likely would have won. Nether was a bit of an idiot, all jokes and smiles, but he was formidable in battle, and the road to the trading village was a dangerous one.

So: There they were, the three of them, setting up their night's accommodations at the local inn, when he saw her.

40002391_350.png

Beautiful, well-dressed, all coy smiles and friendly inquiries. It did not take much to spin a tale of his heroic deeds (however brief they had been in truth), and dragons in the merchant towns had a hunger for stories. Little wonder his father had been so successful out here.

3healthy_0dead.png

It didn't take much convincing to sit the nest together. Merchant towns can be incredibly dull.

I hope this satisfies you, mother, Endor thought to himself with a bitter smile as he curled around the nest. He tried to pretend that he did not feel a measure of pride looking down upon them.

@TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset @Honeyflight
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 35 36