Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Personal]A Legacy of Lore & Locke
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35 36
[center][item="deepwater constructor"] 30-40 matches[/center] RNG says the team shall be....Pearl, Andrick and Bula. Guess it's family bonding time. Andrick is still level 6, so let's venture back to the Woodland Path...and try not to get murdered this time, ok? [quote]Pearl was tired. She had grown weary of the rhythms that had come to dominate her life since being recruited into Pascale's experiment. Twice, now, she had nested with a male only to lose him. She had lost children, grandchildren. She had been rescued from a life of slavery and placed instead into a different sort of suffering. But she would not accept it idly. There were few things she could do give agency to her life...but learning to protect the family she had was certainly one of them. [/quote] Phew, made it through. Sort of lost count of how many matches but I think I got there. Pearl and Andrick are now Level 7, Bula is Level 6. [b]Starting Treasure: [/b]342,167 [b]Actions Available Today:[/b] Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Coliseum [b]Treasure After Dailies:[/b] 358,027
Deepwater Constructor
30-40 matches

RNG says the team shall be....Pearl, Andrick and Bula. Guess it's family bonding time. Andrick is still level 6, so let's venture back to the Woodland Path...and try not to get murdered this time, ok?
Quote:
Pearl was tired.

She had grown weary of the rhythms that had come to dominate her life since being recruited into Pascale's experiment. Twice, now, she had nested with a male only to lose him. She had lost children, grandchildren. She had been rescued from a life of slavery and placed instead into a different sort of suffering.

But she would not accept it idly.

There were few things she could do give agency to her life...but learning to protect the family she had was certainly one of them.

Phew, made it through. Sort of lost count of how many matches but I think I got there. Pearl and Andrick are now Level 7, Bula is Level 6.

Starting Treasure: 342,167
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Coliseum
Treasure After Dailies: 358,027
@fenshae Love the story so far! (although Pascale... I can't even find the words for him. reading the first post made him seem like an okay guy, maybe a bit twisted but still trying to do the best thing. now, though.... ) Could I be added to the pinglist?
@fenshae Love the story so far! (although Pascale... I can't even find the words for him. reading the first post made him seem like an okay guy, maybe a bit twisted but still trying to do the best thing. now, though.... ) Could I be added to the pinglist?
ck2CMHK.gif
@Skyeset Absolutely :) Adding you now.

And Pascale is certainly an enigma isn't he. Maybe I'll go write his lore today, while I have a spare minute...
@Skyeset Absolutely :) Adding you now.

And Pascale is certainly an enigma isn't he. Maybe I'll go write his lore today, while I have a spare minute...
Yesss! I'd love to read his lore!
Yesss! I'd love to read his lore!
ck2CMHK.gif
[center][item="Antique Oil Lamp"] Ahhhh! Angels singing a chorus from above! FINALLY a trinket![/center] [quote] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=28910647] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/289107/28910647_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] "A stroke of good luck for you, at last," the Imperial said, pushing his darksteel glasses up the bridge of his nose. His talons were covered with a fine layer of dust. Behind him, a stack of boxes, hauled up many flights of stairs by two panting, tired-looking students. "The boss says that these are for you. Excess supplies earmarked for the...project." The small assembled crew of dragons looked down skeptically at the untidy boxes. "Good luck, er...sorting. Be sure to report any important finds." [/quote] [b]Starting Treasure:[/b] 342,167 [b]Actions Available Today:[/b] Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Opening Chests/All Openables [b]Treasure After Dailies:[/b] 532,666 + 72 gems [quote=Chests to Open] [item="Rusted Treasure Chest"]x70 [item="iron treasure chest"]x15 [item="gilded decorative chest"]x2 [item="broken penny jar"]x21 [item="broken bone bottle"]x40 [item="leafy pack"]x4 [item="featherfall pack"]x26 [item="Shattered ceramic jar"]x11 [item="broken pottery jar"]x23 [item="lustrous shell"]x1 [item="waterlogged trunk"]x12 [item="broken flower pot"]x3 [item="hurricane heart chest"] [item="spirit wings chest"] [/quote] [quote=Notable Items] [item="herbalist's satchel"]x2 [item="bright rogue mask"][item="spiral daze"][item="ornate pearly necklace"] [item="brown birdskull armband"][item="red warrior face mask"][item="forest green wing wraps"] [item="silky webwing"][item="red healer's slippers"][item="copper steampunk wings"][item="moss-covered golem"][item="disgruntled view"][item="studious healer's slippers"][item="lucky woodtreads"][item="brass steampunk vest"][item="sepia woodtrail"][item="red healer's beacon"][item="flamerest fiendcat"][item="gloomy highnoon vest"][item="chestnut feathered wings"][item="windwalker's arctic coat"][item="lucky woodbasket"][item="brass steampunk wings"][item="shadowscale shoulder guards"][item="gold filigree banner"][item="pretty buttercup arm bow"][item="bright rogue hood"][item="poisonous woodtrail"][item="weary focus"] [item="firebelly weaver"][item="gold steampunk tail bauble"][item="corrosive depin"][item="kiwi plumed mantle"] [/quote] I chucked the festival chests into the vault because I'm not in love with either of those skins and I like to hold onto unopened fest chests for special occasions :3 Anyway! The sum total of the chest opening in coins comes out to....[b]185,299 treasure and 72 gems! [/b] Now back to hoarding openables until next time :) at least now we've got a nice nest egg for the first time we get to gene somebody! @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset
Antique Oil Lamp
Ahhhh! Angels singing a chorus from above! FINALLY a trinket!
Quote:
"A stroke of good luck for you, at last," the Imperial said, pushing his darksteel glasses up the bridge of his nose. His talons were covered with a fine layer of dust. Behind him, a stack of boxes, hauled up many flights of stairs by two panting, tired-looking students. "The boss says that these are for you. Excess supplies earmarked for the...project."

The small assembled crew of dragons looked down skeptically at the untidy boxes.

"Good luck, er...sorting. Be sure to report any important finds."

Starting Treasure: 342,167
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Opening Chests/All Openables
Treasure After Dailies: 532,666 + 72 gems
Chests to Open wrote:
Rusted Treasure Chest x70 Iron Treasure Chest x15 Gilded Decorative Chest x2
Broken Penny Jar x21 Broken Bone Bottle x40 Leafy Pack x4 Featherfall Pack x26 Shattered Ceramic Jar x11 Broken Pottery Jar x23
Lustrous Shell x1 Waterlogged Trunk x12 Broken Flower Pot x3
Hurricane Heart Chest Spirit Wings Chest
Notable Items wrote:
Herbalist's Satchel x2 Bright Rogue Mask Spiral Daze Ornate Pearly Necklace
Brown Birdskull Armband Red Warrior Face Mask Forest Green Wing Wraps
Silky Webwing Red Healer's Slippers Copper Steampunk Wings Moss-Covered Golem Disgruntled View Studious Healer's Slippers Lucky Woodtreads Brass Steampunk Vest Sepia Woodtrail Red Healer's Beacon Flamerest Fiendcat Gloomy Highnoon Vest Chestnut Feathered Wings Windwalker's Arctic Coat Lucky Woodbasket Brass Steampunk Wings Shadowscale Shoulder Guards Gold Filigree Banner Pretty Buttercup Arm Bow Bright Rogue Hood Poisonous Woodtrail Weary Focus
Firebelly Weaver Gold Steampunk Tail Bauble Corrosive Depin Kiwi Plumed Mantle

I chucked the festival chests into the vault because I'm not in love with either of those skins and I like to hold onto unopened fest chests for special occasions :3

Anyway! The sum total of the chest opening in coins comes out to....185,299 treasure and 72 gems!

Now back to hoarding openables until next time :) at least now we've got a nice nest egg for the first time we get to gene somebody!

@TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset
[center][item="almandine goby"] 30-40 matches[/center] Okay I'm back! Today turned out to be kind of a busy day, so no story bits. But I took Bula, Pearl and Andrick into the coliseum. Since I can go one level lower than my highest dragon, I decided to stay in Woodland path a little while longer. Andrick is now Level 8, Pearl is still a 7 (but just barely) and Bula is a 7. Andrick got a Shining Might Fragment because I had one in my inventory and I figured his weird what-am-I-even-doing build could use all the help it could get. [b]Starting Treasure:[/b] 532,666 + 72 gems [b]Actions Available Today: [/b]Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Coliseum [b]Treasure After Dailies:[/b] 534,716
Almandine Goby
30-40 matches

Okay I'm back! Today turned out to be kind of a busy day, so no story bits. But I took Bula, Pearl and Andrick into the coliseum. Since I can go one level lower than my highest dragon, I decided to stay in Woodland path a little while longer. Andrick is now Level 8, Pearl is still a 7 (but just barely) and Bula is a 7. Andrick got a Shining Might Fragment because I had one in my inventory and I figured his weird what-am-I-even-doing build could use all the help it could get.

Starting Treasure: 532,666 + 72 gems
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Coliseum
Treasure After Dailies: 534,716
[center][item="frozen rock flow"][/center] [b]Starting Treasure:[/b] 534,716 + 72 gems [b]Actions Available Today:[/b] Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), [b]Treasure After Dailies:[/b] 543,771 [quote] She had forgotten to name them. In all the chaos and the heartbreak and the confusion, Pearl had forgotten to name her hatchlings. It seemed like the sort of thing Bhaskar would have wanted to do -- name them himself. Probably call them something flashy. She had hardly known the coatl, and she could not say that she had loved him; but she realized in hindsight that she'd had a certain fondness for him, a fondness that exceeded Andrick's father in some ways. Andrick's father. What had his name been? What had the names of her other children been? It was all beginning to fade, and that frightened Pearl greatly. It was as though she were losing hope. She had so few things left in this world to care about. Protecting her family was of utmost importance. If she could not escape this legacy she had agreed to, she could do her part to ensure its success. But what could she do? She felt like a very small wheel in a very big machine. Perhaps if she understood exactly what it was that she was doing...what was expected of her, and her family line. Assuming that this was not all some sick joke thought up by Pascale but was indeed a ritual as she'd been led to believe... Half-formed thoughts traveling through her mind, the guardian made her way upstairs to one of the dustiest and most forbidden reading rooms of the library, following a hunch. It was time to research. [/quote] @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset
Frozen Rock Flow

Starting Treasure: 534,716 + 72 gems
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional),
Treasure After Dailies: 543,771
Quote:
She had forgotten to name them.

In all the chaos and the heartbreak and the confusion, Pearl had forgotten to name her hatchlings. It seemed like the sort of thing Bhaskar would have wanted to do -- name them himself. Probably call them something flashy.

She had hardly known the coatl, and she could not say that she had loved him; but she realized in hindsight that she'd had a certain fondness for him, a fondness that exceeded Andrick's father in some ways.

Andrick's father. What had his name been? What had the names of her other children been?

It was all beginning to fade, and that frightened Pearl greatly. It was as though she were losing hope.

She had so few things left in this world to care about. Protecting her family was of utmost importance. If she could not escape this legacy she had agreed to, she could do her part to ensure its success.

But what could she do?

She felt like a very small wheel in a very big machine.

Perhaps if she understood exactly what it was that she was doing...what was expected of her, and her family line. Assuming that this was not all some sick joke thought up by Pascale but was indeed a ritual as she'd been led to believe...

Half-formed thoughts traveling through her mind, the guardian made her way upstairs to one of the dustiest and most forbidden reading rooms of the library, following a hunch. It was time to research.

@TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset
[center][item="sickle claws"][/center] [b]Starting Treasure:[/b] 543,771 + 72 gems [b]Actions Available Today:[/b] Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), [b]Treasure After Dailies:[/b] 548,566 [center][img]http://flightrising.com/images/nests/8/2healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center] [quote] "I'm nervous." "That's understandable. It's our first nest." "No. I mean. I'm nervous about myself." Rivo shifted uneasily, looking around as it expecting to be overheard. "In case you haven't noticed...mates don't really seem to last that long around here. I have this terrible feeling like I'm going to find myself being....unnecessary." Bula smiled, a strained look, and lifted a talon to hold up his chin. "Nonsense." "But. I mean. Honestly. Think about it. Your mom. Bhaskar. Your grandfather, even. It's like a curse." She wished that she could say something to comfort him, but every word she considered sounded like a lie. When the ritual was completed, the binding of magical energies into the softly glowing spheres of their eggs, the two curled around the nest and dozed fitfully. Two eggs was not an encouraging development...but time would only tell what would come of it, and if Rivo's fears might come true. [/quote] @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset
Sickle Claws

Starting Treasure: 543,771 + 72 gems
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional),
Treasure After Dailies: 548,566
2healthy_0dead.png
Quote:
"I'm nervous."

"That's understandable. It's our first nest."

"No. I mean. I'm nervous about myself." Rivo shifted uneasily, looking around as it expecting to be overheard. "In case you haven't noticed...mates don't really seem to last that long around here. I have this terrible feeling like I'm going to find myself being....unnecessary."

Bula smiled, a strained look, and lifted a talon to hold up his chin. "Nonsense."

"But. I mean. Honestly. Think about it. Your mom. Bhaskar. Your grandfather, even. It's like a curse."

She wished that she could say something to comfort him, but every word she considered sounded like a lie.

When the ritual was completed, the binding of magical energies into the softly glowing spheres of their eggs, the two curled around the nest and dozed fitfully. Two eggs was not an encouraging development...but time would only tell what would come of it, and if Rivo's fears might come true.

[center] [item="granite fragment"] [/center] [b] Starting Treasure: [/b]548,566 + 72 gems [b]Actions Available Today:[/b] Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), [b]Treasure After Dailies: [/b]554,481 Hnngh, I didn't sleep nearly enough last night and had kind of a busy day, so I'm just gonna cross-post Pascale's short bio for now. His extended lore is forthcoming soon! [columns][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/adopt/1471920][img]https://i.imgur.com/I5p64Yz.gif[/img][/url][nextcol] [font=book antiqua][size=7][color=#FFD100]Pascale[/size] [color=#FFD100][size=5]The Headmaster Cultist|Magic-Adept| Enigmatic[/size][/font] ----- No one knows for certain where Pascale originated. They know only that he arrived in Sunbeam Ruins with a party of dragons who called themselves The Eleven -- representatives for each deity, united under the single cause of fighting back the creeping threat of the Shade. Pascale quickly became a powerful political figure in the region, securing an important alliance with the monarch [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=188785&tab=dragon&did=21038082]Darius[/url] and, in the process, attaining funding to renovate the worn-down library into a school, of which he is now the headmaster. The Eleven disappeared under suspicious circumstances. There are rumors about some sort of ritual sacrifice, some whispers of an offer to a god older than the deities of Sornieth...but no one can say for certain what this ritual may have entailed or why Pascale should have remained standing after the event. Others suggest that The Eleven simply moved on to other clans or that they had never really existed at all. [/columns] @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather @Skyeset
Granite Fragment

Starting Treasure:
548,566 + 72 gems
Treasure After Dailies: 554,481

Hnngh, I didn't sleep nearly enough last night and had kind of a busy day, so I'm just gonna cross-post Pascale's short bio for now. His extended lore is forthcoming soon!
I5p64Yz.gif Pascale
The Headmaster
Cultist|Magic-Adept| Enigmatic

No one knows for certain where Pascale originated. They know only that he arrived in Sunbeam Ruins with a party of dragons who called themselves The Eleven -- representatives for each deity, united under the single cause of fighting back the creeping threat of the Shade.

Pascale quickly became a powerful political figure in the region, securing an important alliance with the monarch Darius and, in the process, attaining funding to renovate the worn-down library into a school, of which he is now the headmaster.

The Eleven disappeared under suspicious circumstances. There are rumors about some sort of ritual sacrifice, some whispers of an offer to a god older than the deities of Sornieth...but no one can say for certain what this ritual may have entailed or why Pascale should have remained standing after the event. Others suggest that The Eleven simply moved on to other clans or that they had never really existed at all.

If you managed to keep multiple heirs alive to lvl 10 would the surviving heir be eligible for a gene before breeding?
If you managed to keep multiple heirs alive to lvl 10 would the surviving heir be eligible for a gene before breeding?
wq9PoXA.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 35 36