Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Personal]A Legacy of Lore & Locke
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35 36
The boys look amazing, though its a pity teh girl didn't hatch. She has such a lovely dark colorscheme too. What do you plan on doing with her now that she's out of the story?

Also Pascale, who knew you had the power to do that? I wonder what else you'll do as time goes on.
The boys look amazing, though its a pity teh girl didn't hatch. She has such a lovely dark colorscheme too. What do you plan on doing with her now that she's out of the story?

Also Pascale, who knew you had the power to do that? I wonder what else you'll do as time goes on.
lfh.png
Such pretty colors on all three hatchlings! Too bad about the girl though. And Pearl, where did you go? Don't leave your mate and babies alone with Pascale.
Such pretty colors on all three hatchlings! Too bad about the girl though. And Pearl, where did you go? Don't leave your mate and babies alone with Pascale.
wq9PoXA.png
[center][item="bark paper"][/center] It's probably wisest not to leave anyone alone with Pascale, ever. He should have a big blinking "Do Not Trust" sign hanging over his pretty little head, honestly. If anyone would like to rescue that "dead" egg, let me know, elsewise I'll be exalting her shortly. [b]Starting Treasure:[/b] 327,694 [b]Actions Available Today: [/b]Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), [b]Treasure After Dailies:[/b] 335,205 [quote] Bula and Rivo crept through the halls of the tower, amusing themselves as they often did with their games of stealth and subterfuge. Well, mostly Bula. She was the adventurous one. Given the choice, Rivo would have happily stayed behind in the library and continued reading his book. But he liked to impress her, and didn't want her to think he was a wimp, so here they were. Ahead, from one of the large rooms, the sound of voices. Bula glanced over at Rivo, then nodded toward it, and the two crept over to eavesdrop. The room was in fact a classroom, several dragons in their human forms arranged in desks around a central podium. There Pascale stood, in his own human form -- the shoulder-length silver curls of his hair made him look curiously feminine, but there was still a distinctively frightening aspect to his overall demeanor; a dragon not to be trifled with. He was pacing, somewhat, hands clasped behind his back, delivering a rather impassioned lecture. "Dragons are not lowly beasts. We are creatures of magic, and these magical processes govern our biology. One must only understand the alchemy underlying our basic structure to see how swiftly and simply such things may be unraveled." He unclasped his hands, holding one out before him thoughtfully, admiring his curiously well-manicured nails. "At a few times in a dragon's life, these magical forces are at their strongest and most easily manipulated. At the time of birth, and the time of death. It seems likely, then, that one might be able to influence the other. That, perhaps, birth could be strengthened by sacrifice?" He left that thought hanging in the air, looking around at his assembled students with raised brows. "Regardless. What we know for certain is that the gods feed upon this energy as it is released by both processes. To breed and to die -- the two holiest expressions of fidelity to the deities." Outside the door, Bula and Rivo shifted uneasily, backing away from the opening. Neither was sure quite what this was all about...but it seemed very creepy and probably not something they should be overhearing. Quietly, they began to sneak away until they were far enough to run back to the relative safety of the reading room where they spent their time. [/quote] @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather
Bark Paper

It's probably wisest not to leave anyone alone with Pascale, ever. He should have a big blinking "Do Not Trust" sign hanging over his pretty little head, honestly.

If anyone would like to rescue that "dead" egg, let me know, elsewise I'll be exalting her shortly.

Starting Treasure: 327,694
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional),
Treasure After Dailies: 335,205
Quote:
Bula and Rivo crept through the halls of the tower, amusing themselves as they often did with their games of stealth and subterfuge.

Well, mostly Bula. She was the adventurous one. Given the choice, Rivo would have happily stayed behind in the library and continued reading his book. But he liked to impress her, and didn't want her to think he was a wimp, so here they were.

Ahead, from one of the large rooms, the sound of voices. Bula glanced over at Rivo, then nodded toward it, and the two crept over to eavesdrop.

The room was in fact a classroom, several dragons in their human forms arranged in desks around a central podium. There Pascale stood, in his own human form -- the shoulder-length silver curls of his hair made him look curiously feminine, but there was still a distinctively frightening aspect to his overall demeanor; a dragon not to be trifled with.

He was pacing, somewhat, hands clasped behind his back, delivering a rather impassioned lecture.

"Dragons are not lowly beasts. We are creatures of magic, and these magical processes govern our biology. One must only understand the alchemy underlying our basic structure to see how swiftly and simply such things may be unraveled."

He unclasped his hands, holding one out before him thoughtfully, admiring his curiously well-manicured nails.

"At a few times in a dragon's life, these magical forces are at their strongest and most easily manipulated. At the time of birth, and the time of death. It seems likely, then, that one might be able to influence the other. That, perhaps, birth could be strengthened by sacrifice?"

He left that thought hanging in the air, looking around at his assembled students with raised brows.

"Regardless. What we know for certain is that the gods feed upon this energy as it is released by both processes. To breed and to die -- the two holiest expressions of fidelity to the deities."

Outside the door, Bula and Rivo shifted uneasily, backing away from the opening. Neither was sure quite what this was all about...but it seemed very creepy and probably not something they should be overhearing.

Quietly, they began to sneak away until they were far enough to run back to the relative safety of the reading room where they spent their time.

@TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather
@fenshae

Definitely don't trust Pascale, especially after this. But if no one else has stepped up to get the 'dead' egg, i'd love to give her a home in my lair.
@fenshae

Definitely don't trust Pascale, especially after this. But if no one else has stepped up to get the 'dead' egg, i'd love to give her a home in my lair.
lfh.png
@KyaTessa I'll send her your way ^^;

/quietly muzzles Pascale and throws him in a corner.
@KyaTessa I'll send her your way ^^;

/quietly muzzles Pascale and throws him in a corner.
[center][item="centaur nut mix"] 10-20 coli matches[/center] [b]Starting Treasure: [/b]335,205 [b]Actions Available Today:[/b] Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Coliseum [b]Treasure After Dailies:[/b] 342.167 RNG decided that my coli team should be Andrick, Bula and Bhaskar. Andrick is level 6, which means we can stay in the Woodland Path. [quote] Andrick had not spent much time with his daughter, in the wake of all that had happened. She hardly felt like his own, in truth. She was like some part of him that had been amputated, cut off and given life of its own. But looking in her face was so similar to looking at his own, and there was a devilish light in her eye that was all too familiar from Isolde. In the fields, he found her...young, but not incompetent. "You fight as if you've had some training," he said, by way of roundabout compliment. "Well, she has," Bhaskar interjected, perhaps a bit irritable at being ignored. He knew that Andrick was not wholly fond of him, relationship with the boy's mother being what it was. Still, it irked him. No one should dislike Bhaskar. "I took her and the boy out to practice, when no one was looking." Andrick turned a surprised look on the coatl. "Look, fella. I don't know what you lot are up to, and I probably don't want to. But they're just kids. I won't stand here knowing that they're going to their deaths unprepared." The guardian looked at him as though seeing him for the first time, and then smiled, a quietly appreciative smile. "Look! There they are!" Bula cried out, pointing, and sure enough -- there were the enemies. They did not fight like a well-oiled unit by any means. Andrick's stash of stolen potions was running low, and his healing abilities required substantially more practice to be of any use at all. They had to fight cautiously, frequently retreating...but they got along better than he could have ever hoped. Andrick at the front line, slashing and striking with abandon; Bula bringing up the rear, attacking where he left openings. And Bhaskar, running about the flanks, flinging spells and dodging attacks. Andrick caught himself smiling, then laughing with triumph. And then the bolt came down, striking Bula. She staggered with the impact. Andrick was too far to do anything about it. He wheeled around, snapping at an enemy with his tail, eyes wide in horror as a second attack prepared to come for her. Like a blur of violet lightning, Bhaskar closed the gap. The attack hit him square in the chest and he reeled, casting off a final spell as he collapsed to the ground. Andrick leapt forward to finish the battle, dispatching of the beast they were fighting. He found Bula on the ground, gently cradling the coatl's head, smoothing back feathers from his face. [img]https://i.imgur.com/QdQ7AQw.png[/img] "Bhaskar! Bhaskar, you idiot, what did you do that for?" Andrick bristled, but his desperation hid the depth of his gratitude. "Told you. Just...kids. Not gonna...stand...for that," Bhaskar mumbled, and his eyes slid closed with a grimace of pain. It took a long while to get his body back, both of them as exhausted and battle-weary as they were. Andrick was sick to his stomach. He who had underhandedly secured the deaths of his own nest-mates without batting an eye; how had he grown so sentimental? But it was different. Kindness from someone who does not owe you any kindness -- from someone whom you have shown only contempt -- will change a person. Where grief had previously forced his heart to harden and grow cold, Andrick felt something unbearably warm seething in his chest. [/quote] Oh no! Poor Bhaskar! ;_; But...what's this? [quote] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/241856/24185527p.png[/img][nextcol][quote]"Nightvale. Have you completed your examination of the body?"[/quote][/columns] [columns][quote]"Yes, my liege."[/quote][nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/317834/31783370p.png[/img][/columns] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/241856/24185527p.png[/img][nextcol][quote]"And? Now is not the time to play coy with me."[/quote][/columns] [columns][quote]"There appears to be enough magic left in the vessel for the task, yes."[/quote][nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/317834/31783370p.png[/img][/columns] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/241856/24185527p.png[/img][nextcol][quote]"Do it, then. And have the guards tighten security around our subjects. We can't be having them...mingling...any longer with dragons whose disappearance may raise suspicion."[/quote][/columns] [columns][quote]"As you say, sir."[/quote][nextcol][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/317834/31783370p.png[/img][/columns] Many hours later, a lavender-and-pink coatl would find himself awakening in the shadows of the Tangled Wood, naked but for his scales and a livid bruise across his feathered chest. He would remember nothing of what had brought him to that place and that condition. Just a vague sense that he had been drinking, and perhaps met a female at a tavern...and then nothing, just a blank space that could have been filled with hours or days or years for all he knew. But he would always have the vaguest strange sensation as though some part of his body were not wholly his own... [/quote] He'll be going to live with my buddy @FreelanceAngel who called dibs on him when I bought him for the challenge, lol. @TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather
Centaur Nut Mix
10-20 coli matches

Starting Treasure: 335,205
Actions Available Today: Gathering, Trading Post, Familiar Bonding, Fairgrounds (optional), Coliseum
Treasure After Dailies: 342.167

RNG decided that my coli team should be Andrick, Bula and Bhaskar. Andrick is level 6, which means we can stay in the Woodland Path.
Quote:
Andrick had not spent much time with his daughter, in the wake of all that had happened. She hardly felt like his own, in truth. She was like some part of him that had been amputated, cut off and given life of its own.

But looking in her face was so similar to looking at his own, and there was a devilish light in her eye that was all too familiar from Isolde.

In the fields, he found her...young, but not incompetent.

"You fight as if you've had some training," he said, by way of roundabout compliment.

"Well, she has," Bhaskar interjected, perhaps a bit irritable at being ignored. He knew that Andrick was not wholly fond of him, relationship with the boy's mother being what it was. Still, it irked him. No one should dislike Bhaskar. "I took her and the boy out to practice, when no one was looking."

Andrick turned a surprised look on the coatl.

"Look, fella. I don't know what you lot are up to, and I probably don't want to. But they're just kids. I won't stand here knowing that they're going to their deaths unprepared."

The guardian looked at him as though seeing him for the first time, and then smiled, a quietly appreciative smile.

"Look! There they are!" Bula cried out, pointing, and sure enough -- there were the enemies.

They did not fight like a well-oiled unit by any means. Andrick's stash of stolen potions was running low, and his healing abilities required substantially more practice to be of any use at all. They had to fight cautiously, frequently retreating...but they got along better than he could have ever hoped. Andrick at the front line, slashing and striking with abandon; Bula bringing up the rear, attacking where he left openings. And Bhaskar, running about the flanks, flinging spells and dodging attacks.

Andrick caught himself smiling, then laughing with triumph.

And then the bolt came down, striking Bula. She staggered with the impact.

Andrick was too far to do anything about it. He wheeled around, snapping at an enemy with his tail, eyes wide in horror as a second attack prepared to come for her.

Like a blur of violet lightning, Bhaskar closed the gap. The attack hit him square in the chest and he reeled, casting off a final spell as he collapsed to the ground. Andrick leapt forward to finish the battle, dispatching of the beast they were fighting.

He found Bula on the ground, gently cradling the coatl's head, smoothing back feathers from his face.

QdQ7AQw.png

"Bhaskar! Bhaskar, you idiot, what did you do that for?" Andrick bristled, but his desperation hid the depth of his gratitude.

"Told you. Just...kids. Not gonna...stand...for that," Bhaskar mumbled, and his eyes slid closed with a grimace of pain.

It took a long while to get his body back, both of them as exhausted and battle-weary as they were. Andrick was sick to his stomach. He who had underhandedly secured the deaths of his own nest-mates without batting an eye; how had he grown so sentimental?

But it was different.

Kindness from someone who does not owe you any kindness -- from someone whom you have shown only contempt -- will change a person. Where grief had previously forced his heart to harden and grow cold, Andrick felt something unbearably warm seething in his chest.

Oh no! Poor Bhaskar! ;_;

But...what's this?
Quote:
24185527p.png
Quote:
"Nightvale. Have you completed your examination of the body?"
Quote:
"Yes, my liege."
31783370p.png
24185527p.png
Quote:
"And? Now is not the time to play coy with me."
Quote:
"There appears to be enough magic left in the vessel for the task, yes."
31783370p.png
24185527p.png
Quote:
"Do it, then. And have the guards tighten security around our subjects. We can't be having them...mingling...any longer with dragons whose disappearance may raise suspicion."
Quote:
"As you say, sir."
31783370p.png

Many hours later, a lavender-and-pink coatl would find himself awakening in the shadows of the Tangled Wood, naked but for his scales and a livid bruise across his feathered chest.

He would remember nothing of what had brought him to that place and that condition. Just a vague sense that he had been drinking, and perhaps met a female at a tavern...and then nothing, just a blank space that could have been filled with hours or days or years for all he knew.

But he would always have the vaguest strange sensation as though some part of his body were not wholly his own...

He'll be going to live with my buddy @FreelanceAngel who called dibs on him when I bought him for the challenge, lol.

@TropicalDiamonds @Aetherstorm @Snaphance @Insectoid @LadyHufflepuff @KyaTessa @Pteranodon @BlueJaysFeather
Oh no! First coli death, right? Although lucky Angel lol.
Oh no! First coli death, right? Although lucky Angel lol.
Maybe help me do a mass hatch for some art?
Yep, first coli death! Well, at least, coli death under a Drops of Fate challenge.

Thinking about it, there's been...a rather large body count in this challenge so far and we're barely coming up on the 3rd generation.

I guess that's what happens when you let a death cultist come up with the ideas...
Yep, first coli death! Well, at least, coli death under a Drops of Fate challenge.

Thinking about it, there's been...a rather large body count in this challenge so far and we're barely coming up on the 3rd generation.

I guess that's what happens when you let a death cultist come up with the ideas...
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/184649/18464811_350.png[/img][/center] "Well! Look [i]at[/i] this!" Batting the fluttering creature out of his face, the masked coatl lowered his head, pointedly squishing his snout right against the unconscious dragon's. "Isn't he [i]charming[/i]!" A drowsy yawn was the only response from the fae dragon draped across his back. When he danced in place, beating the air with his wings, she lifted her head and scowled. "Whaaaaaaaaat?" [center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/302654/30265355_350.png[/img][/center] "Look, my treasure, my delight, my love and my life! Isn't he a dear? Shall we keep him?" Her response was less than enthusiastic; he was wholly untroubled by it. Folding his wings back at an awkward angle--and flattening the fae to his back in the process--he pranced around the unconscious faeder and bit the end of his tail until dark violet eyes opened. "Aha! I knew it! One of our own, my precious, my sweet, my reason for living!" His own violet eyes, a shade darker and a trifle more maniacal, glittered as he skipped back to catch the faeder's head between his clawed hands. "You are one of ours! And I daresay we shall make quite something of you!" Bhaskar could barely get his eyes to focus, much less make sense of the odd male that was now patting his cheeks and cooing. "...who...?" "Ah! Introductions! I've left my manners at home, I [i]do[/i] apologize," he said, flashing a broad smile. "I am Chuz the Mad, Delusion's Master and eternally willing slave to my beauteous lady, Azhriaz, the Mistress of Delirium." When Bhaskar looked, the fae merely stuck her head out from beneath her mate's wings to blink at him before she retreated. Chuz paid her no mind as he circled the other coatl, clapping his clawed hands together. "Yes, you'll do [i]nicely[/i] for our little family! But you need... flash! Flare! [i]Zazz![/i] That's precisely what we'll give you! [i]Zazz![/i]" He didn't wait for a response; grabbing Bhaskar by the tail, Chuz whipped about and began walking, physically dragging the other coatl along with him. As his head bounced over fragments of moss-clogged wood, Bhaskar managed to focus his eyes on the fae now curled up comfortably between her mate's wings. Azhriaz smiled at him, shrugging with great movement of her shoulders, and smoothed her mantle down. Bells jingled in the distance, and Bhaskar could only hope that he wasn't falling into another nightmarish trap.
18464811_350.png

"Well! Look at this!"

Batting the fluttering creature out of his face, the masked coatl lowered his head, pointedly squishing his snout right against the unconscious dragon's. "Isn't he charming!"

A drowsy yawn was the only response from the fae dragon draped across his back. When he danced in place, beating the air with his wings, she lifted her head and scowled. "Whaaaaaaaaat?"
30265355_350.png

"Look, my treasure, my delight, my love and my life! Isn't he a dear? Shall we keep him?"

Her response was less than enthusiastic; he was wholly untroubled by it. Folding his wings back at an awkward angle--and flattening the fae to his back in the process--he pranced around the unconscious faeder and bit the end of his tail until dark violet eyes opened.

"Aha! I knew it! One of our own, my precious, my sweet, my reason for living!" His own violet eyes, a shade darker and a trifle more maniacal, glittered as he skipped back to catch the faeder's head between his clawed hands. "You are one of ours! And I daresay we shall make quite something of you!"

Bhaskar could barely get his eyes to focus, much less make sense of the odd male that was now patting his cheeks and cooing. "...who...?"

"Ah! Introductions! I've left my manners at home, I do apologize," he said, flashing a broad smile. "I am Chuz the Mad, Delusion's Master and eternally willing slave to my beauteous lady, Azhriaz, the Mistress of Delirium."

When Bhaskar looked, the fae merely stuck her head out from beneath her mate's wings to blink at him before she retreated.

Chuz paid her no mind as he circled the other coatl, clapping his clawed hands together. "Yes, you'll do nicely for our little family! But you need... flash! Flare! Zazz! That's precisely what we'll give you! Zazz!" He didn't wait for a response; grabbing Bhaskar by the tail, Chuz whipped about and began walking, physically dragging the other coatl along with him.

As his head bounced over fragments of moss-clogged wood, Bhaskar managed to focus his eyes on the fae now curled up comfortably between her mate's wings. Azhriaz smiled at him, shrugging with great movement of her shoulders, and smoothed her mantle down.

Bells jingled in the distance, and Bhaskar could only hope that he wasn't falling into another nightmarish trap.
Shadow Flight 4 LYFE
<3 Chuz 5ever.
<3 Chuz 5ever.
1 2 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 35 36