Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Personal Nuzlocke
1 2 3
[Edit] story links: Chapter One

I'm doing a version of the FR Nuzlocke Challege in an attempt to get into Flight Rising proplerly, because it never really seemed fun to me.

The rules I'm using are from @noodlesthing's original nuzlocke, from @Pasafatu’s Lovecraftian Nuzlocke and from my brother @Gender, who attempted a short nuzlocke here

Rules:
  • If a dragon faints in the coli, it is dead and MUST be exalted.
  • Refreshing the coli in the middle of a fight is not allowed. I must win or Flee
  • Flip a coin for every egg in a nest. If the flip is tails, the hatchling is dead and must be exalted. If the flip is heads, the hatchling survives
  • Dragons and Eggs cannot be bought, I rely on finding eggs as drops and hatching nests.
  • Every adult dragon has their own personal goal. I will win if a certain number of dragons (undecided) complete their goals

• At level 10 a dragon can be given a primary gene
  • At level 15 a dragon can be given a secondary gene
  • At level 20 a dragon can be given a tertiary gene
  • At level 25 a dragon can be scatter-scrolled
  • At level 25 a dragon can get a breed change

• Each dragon can carry out 1 Action per day
  • Possible Actions include: Gathering, Sitting on a nest, Taking care of Hatchlings, Fighting in the coliseum, Visiting the Trading Post, Marketplace, or AH, Visiting another Clan to trade, “Working” in the Fairgrounds, Travelling
  • If a dragon’s Action is used to Gather, they can carry out a number of ‘Gather Items’ turns equal to their level (if I run out of turns, the area is considered depleted of resources)
  • Hatchlings can carry out 1 Gathering turn if they are accompanied by 1 adult per hatchling. The adult can carry out a turn as well.
  • If the hatchlings are not out gathering with the adults, 1 adult dragon can take care of up to 5 hatchlings.
  • Hatchlings must be taken care of until they reach adulthood. If they are without an adult, I must flip a coin every day they are alone to see if they die or not until they grow up.
  • One parent is required to sit on a nest each day, and an abandoned nest must flip coins for each egg for every single incubation period, instead of just once.
  • If a dragon’s Action takes place in another flight’s territory, they must first Travel there, taking 1 days time for each territory they cross, and 1 day if they need to cross a sea (i.e. to get to Nature or Ice). This applies to gathering, the AH, and interactions with other clans/players. It does not apply to the trading post, the marketplace or the coliseum venues (every flight’s territory is assumed to have its own equivalents of each of these)
[Edit] story links: Chapter One

I'm doing a version of the FR Nuzlocke Challege in an attempt to get into Flight Rising proplerly, because it never really seemed fun to me.

The rules I'm using are from @noodlesthing's original nuzlocke, from @Pasafatu’s Lovecraftian Nuzlocke and from my brother @Gender, who attempted a short nuzlocke here

Rules:
  • If a dragon faints in the coli, it is dead and MUST be exalted.
  • Refreshing the coli in the middle of a fight is not allowed. I must win or Flee
  • Flip a coin for every egg in a nest. If the flip is tails, the hatchling is dead and must be exalted. If the flip is heads, the hatchling survives
  • Dragons and Eggs cannot be bought, I rely on finding eggs as drops and hatching nests.
  • Every adult dragon has their own personal goal. I will win if a certain number of dragons (undecided) complete their goals

• At level 10 a dragon can be given a primary gene
  • At level 15 a dragon can be given a secondary gene
  • At level 20 a dragon can be given a tertiary gene
  • At level 25 a dragon can be scatter-scrolled
  • At level 25 a dragon can get a breed change

• Each dragon can carry out 1 Action per day
  • Possible Actions include: Gathering, Sitting on a nest, Taking care of Hatchlings, Fighting in the coliseum, Visiting the Trading Post, Marketplace, or AH, Visiting another Clan to trade, “Working” in the Fairgrounds, Travelling
  • If a dragon’s Action is used to Gather, they can carry out a number of ‘Gather Items’ turns equal to their level (if I run out of turns, the area is considered depleted of resources)
  • Hatchlings can carry out 1 Gathering turn if they are accompanied by 1 adult per hatchling. The adult can carry out a turn as well.
  • If the hatchlings are not out gathering with the adults, 1 adult dragon can take care of up to 5 hatchlings.
  • Hatchlings must be taken care of until they reach adulthood. If they are without an adult, I must flip a coin every day they are alone to see if they die or not until they grow up.
  • One parent is required to sit on a nest each day, and an abandoned nest must flip coins for each egg for every single incubation period, instead of just once.
  • If a dragon’s Action takes place in another flight’s territory, they must first Travel there, taking 1 days time for each territory they cross, and 1 day if they need to cross a sea (i.e. to get to Nature or Ice). This applies to gathering, the AH, and interactions with other clans/players. It does not apply to the trading post, the marketplace or the coliseum venues (every flight’s territory is assumed to have its own equivalents of each of these)
My starter dragons are: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31541873] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/315419/31541873_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Kiera[/b], my starter dragon when I joined the site. Her goal is to train other dragons to be stronger. (Probably a certain number of dragons, so this can be completed.) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=31541874] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/315419/31541874_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Almanzo[/b], the random starter dragon from when I joined the site. He wants to collect different kinds of plants, so I'll be leveling him up so he can have lots of gatering turns. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39348142] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/393482/39348142_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Cardamom[/b], a dragon hatched from a Nocturne Egg. As he is still a baby, I haven't chosen a goal for him yet. [b]Daily Actions[/b] Almanzo: Looking after Cardamom. Took the hatchling with him to scavane in Light territory close to the lair. He got one scavenging turn and found: [item=birch twigs]x5 [item=white linen fabric scrap]x3 Cardamom: Out scavenging with Almanzo. Had one scavenging turn and found: [item=white pawn] Kiera: Fighting in the training fields. As well as food and materials, she found: [item=broken flower pot]x2[item=minor health potion][item=leafy pack] She also leveled up from level 3 to 4 Need to buy an aid, a sap, and a couple of tinctures from the marketplace tomorrow.
My starter dragons are:

31541873_350.png

Kiera, my starter dragon when I joined the site. Her goal is to train other dragons to be stronger. (Probably a certain number of dragons, so this can be completed.)

31541874_350.png

Almanzo, the random starter dragon from when I joined the site. He wants to collect different kinds of plants, so I'll be leveling him up so he can have lots of gatering turns.

39348142_350.png

Cardamom, a dragon hatched from a Nocturne Egg. As he is still a baby, I haven't chosen a goal for him yet.

Daily Actions
Almanzo:
Looking after Cardamom. Took the hatchling with him to scavane in Light territory close to the lair. He got one scavenging turn and found:
Birch Twigs x5 White Linen Fabric Scrap x3

Cardamom:
Out scavenging with Almanzo. Had one scavenging turn and found:
White Pawn

Kiera:
Fighting in the training fields. As well as food and materials, she found:
Broken Flower Pot x2 Minor Health Potion Leafy Pack
She also leveled up from level 3 to 4

Need to buy an aid, a sap, and a couple of tinctures from the marketplace tomorrow.
@Parsnik

Welcome to the site and good luck on your nuzlocke! I started mine about a month ago and it's been super fun so far, so I hope yours is too
@Parsnik

Welcome to the site and good luck on your nuzlocke! I started mine about a month ago and it's been super fun so far, so I hope yours is too
[b]Daily Actions[/b] Kiera: Looking after Cardamom. They went Foraging together, and she found: [item=sweet grass]x5 [item=light's breath]x5 Cardamom: Foraging with Kiera. He found: [item=sweet grass] x2 Almanzo: Went to the Marketplace. Bought: [item=aid][item=meditate][item=honeyed woodbasket][item=teardrop jade anklet]
Daily Actions

Kiera:
Looking after Cardamom. They went Foraging together, and she found:
Sweet Grass x5 Light's Breath x5

Cardamom:
Foraging with Kiera. He found:
Sweet Grass x2

Almanzo:
Went to the Marketplace. Bought:
Aid Meditate Honeyed Woodbasket Teardrop Jade Anklet
Oh wow that is super cool. I'm a heavy lore person so I couldn't stand to do that.... but my sister might be willing to get back into the game if I showed her this! Good luck ^^
Oh wow that is super cool. I'm a heavy lore person so I couldn't stand to do that.... but my sister might be willing to get back into the game if I showed her this! Good luck ^^
gone
[b]Daily Actions[/b] Kiera: Scavenging in Light (4 turns. Didn't find anything exciting (I wrote down the stuff she did find but this page just refreshed itself and the list is gone) Almanzo: Looking after Cardamom (third day of being a baby, not sure how many days he's supposed to be a baby for but i think it's normally a week). They went scavenging together. Cardamom found: [item=intact parchment]x3 And Almanzo found: [item=intact parchment] [item=white linen fabric scrap]x3 [item=white knight]x3
Daily Actions

Kiera:
Scavenging in Light (4 turns. Didn't find anything exciting (I wrote down the stuff she did find but this page just refreshed itself and the list is gone)

Almanzo: Looking after Cardamom (third day of being a baby, not sure how many days he's supposed to be a baby for but i think it's normally a week). They went scavenging together. Cardamom found:
Intact Parchment x3
And Almanzo found:
Intact Parchment White Linen Fabric Scrap x3 White Knight x3
I think I would like to start writing up a story for this nuzlocke, but that'll have to wait until we have wifi in our new house and some free time from catching up on schoolwork. The lore of this site is really cool and a lot of other nuzlockes have great stories so... I'd like to do that! This thread will still mostly just be used to record daily actions, but I'll keep a list of links to any story posts I make near the top of the thread. It'll help give my dragons some character too, which is nice! [b]Daily Actions:[/b] All dragons: Scavenging in light (Kiera: 4 turns, Almanzo (looking after Cardamom (4/7 days)): 1 turn, Cardamom: 1 turn) (I'm really hoping to find an egg...) Found: [item=broken bone bottle]x3 [item=redwood kindling]x18 [item=redwood log]x2 [item=intact parchment]x13 [item=birch twigs]x12 [item=white linen fabric scrap]x9 [item=sparrow skull]x10 [item=battered scroll case]x2
I think I would like to start writing up a story for this nuzlocke, but that'll have to wait until we have wifi in our new house and some free time from catching up on schoolwork. The lore of this site is really cool and a lot of other nuzlockes have great stories so... I'd like to do that! This thread will still mostly just be used to record daily actions, but I'll keep a list of links to any story posts I make near the top of the thread. It'll help give my dragons some character too, which is nice!

Daily Actions:

All dragons:
Scavenging in light (Kiera: 4 turns, Almanzo (looking after Cardamom (4/7 days)): 1 turn, Cardamom: 1 turn) (I'm really hoping to find an egg...) Found:
Broken Bone Bottle x3 Redwood Kindling x18 Redwood Log x2 Intact Parchment x13 Birch Twigs x12 White Linen Fabric Scrap x9 Sparrow Skull x10 Battered Scroll Case x2
Daily Actions:

All three are scavenging again, with Almanzo watching Cardamom (5/7 days growing up) as he is a lower level than Kiera, maximising their gather turns (6 turns total). Didn't find anything exciting.
Daily Actions:

All three are scavenging again, with Almanzo watching Cardamom (5/7 days growing up) as he is a lower level than Kiera, maximising their gather turns (6 turns total). Didn't find anything exciting.
[b]Daily Actions:[/b] It is the Trickmurk Circus in the neighbouring flight of Shadow, and before the hatchling awoke, Almanzo discussed with Kiera if they should take Cardamon to his first Festival. Kiera does not yet feel that she is strong enough to protect the little clan on even that short journey, however, so they will wait until next month to take the nocturne to see his first festivities. Scavenging in Light again (still no wifi in our house otherwise I would be doing coli grinding) Second last day of Almanzo caring for Cardamom. 6 total gathering turns. The only item of note was: [item=baffling parchment paper]
Daily Actions:

It is the Trickmurk Circus in the neighbouring flight of Shadow, and before the hatchling awoke, Almanzo discussed with Kiera if they should take Cardamon to his first Festival. Kiera does not yet feel that she is strong enough to protect the little clan on even that short journey, however, so they will wait until next month to take the nocturne to see his first festivities.

Scavenging in Light again (still no wifi in our house otherwise I would be doing coli grinding) Second last day of Almanzo caring for Cardamom. 6 total gathering turns. The only item of note was:
Baffling Parchment Paper
Daily Actions:

All Dragons:
Scavenging again (6 turn total) This is Cardamom's last day of being a hatchling. Didn't find anything exciting.
Daily Actions:

All Dragons:
Scavenging again (6 turn total) This is Cardamom's last day of being a hatchling. Didn't find anything exciting.
1 2 3