Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [ The Bloodborne Plague: A Pinkerlocke ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 63 64
@SarcasticHawke
Could I be added to the general pinglist as well? I meant to ask earlier but I wasn't sure if you were ready.
@SarcasticHawke
Could I be added to the general pinglist as well? I meant to ask earlier but I wasn't sure if you were ready.
I need this to be visible so I can figure out what'ssssssssssssssssssssssss
x
- FR + 3
- Writer, Artist
- Random pings andx
messagesxencouraged!
x x388Nhd.png
@MoonlightWolf19 Of course! Thanks for waiting, it took a bit longer than expected to get everything up and running X_x I'll add you to the pinglist now!
@MoonlightWolf19 Of course! Thanks for waiting, it took a bit longer than expected to get everything up and running X_x I'll add you to the pinglist now!
myJetjB.png RjKznf9.pnglightshade.pngmHtR8zD.png Gz6OPCO.png
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180206/2cb0f1c38f0e73651dd8ff3ad8823bc5.png[/img] [item=seed fern fossil] [b]Category[/b]: Trinket [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898#post_31621212]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31642319]Next Day[/url][/center] More gathering it seems. Once again nothing of real interest was dug up, so I just sold everything. [b]Total Gathered[/b]: 4,833 from selling Materials 1,320 from selling Trinkets [b]Extra[/b]: 1 broken pottery jar (250 treasure) 4 broken penny jars (800 treasure) [b]Treasure Total[/b]: 9,024 [b]Gem Total[/b]: 0
2cb0f1c38f0e73651dd8ff3ad8823bc5.png
Seed Fern Fossil
Category: Trinket

Previous Day - Next Day

More gathering it seems. Once again nothing of real interest was dug up, so I just sold everything.

Total Gathered:

4,833 from selling Materials
1,320 from selling Trinkets

Extra:
1 broken pottery jar (250 treasure)
4 broken penny jars (800 treasure)

Treasure Total: 9,024
Gem Total: 0
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180207/550c718f75deb7e707495c6b28b07396.png[/img] [item=Longfin Urchinbane] [b]Category[/b]: Seafood [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31628495]Previous Day [/url]- [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31654817]Next Day[/url][/center] [b]Author's Notes:[/b] Yes! Finally, they get to start their adventure. I'm nervous but definitely excited, and will edit this with an in-character account after I finish the required matches. I might also give a general blow by blow as well, if that would interest anyone. Total of 30-40 matches needed. Entering the Coliseum my dragons have: [b]Minor Potions[/b]: 84 [b]Health Potion[/b]: 37 [b]Major Health Potion[/b]: 2 [b]Cleansing Tonic[/b]: 1 Did 30 total matches in the Training Fields and got everyone up to level 4. I didn't need to leave the Coli ONCE during this and as such got a mean battle streak going, which provided a lot of extra EXP. I also gave Keanu an extra Aid stone I had lying around and did another 10 matches, this time in the Woodland Path. Had to flee on the 9th and return due to freaking Shred's bleed damage. [b]Interesting drops[/b]: [item=green-edged claw][item=leafy pack] During battle 3, a [item=Ceanothus Brawler] decided to be a butt and left Keanu with a grand total of TWO health. I literally was sitting here in front of my computer thinking he had DIED for a solid minute, ready to flip my table in rage, when I noticed his icon wasn't gray or curled up on the ground. You guys have NO idea how happy I was when I realized he could still go on. Used a Health Potion on him and went on a bit more carefully and a lot less sparingly. After leaving the Coliseum my dragons had: [b]Minor Potions[/b]: 47 [b]Health Potion[/b]: 35 [b]Major Health Potion[/b]: 2 [b]Cleansing Tonic[/b]: 1 Might have to go buy more potions, as I'll likely be trying the Woodland Path next time. Stats are now as follows: [b]Korcari[/b]: STR 15 | AGI 6 | VIT 10 | QCK 15 | INT 8 | DEF 9 | MND 9 [b]Keanu[/b]: STR 6 | AGI 7 | VIT 10 | QCK 15 | INT 15 | DEF 9 | MND 9 [b]Ronja[/b]: STR 15 | AGI 9 | VIT 10 | QCK 15 | INT 5 | DEF 9 | MND 9 Decided to barter off their useless items to make a bit of a profit. 413 from selling Materials 162 from selling Trinkets 100 from the Leafy Pack [b]Treasure Total[/b]: 9,699 [b]Gem Total[/b]: 0
550c718f75deb7e707495c6b28b07396.png
Longfin Urchinbane
Category: Seafood

Previous Day - Next Day

Author's Notes:

Yes! Finally, they get to start their adventure. I'm nervous but definitely excited, and will edit this with an in-character account after I finish the required matches. I might also give a general blow by blow as well, if that would interest anyone. Total of 30-40 matches needed. Entering the Coliseum my dragons have:

Minor Potions: 84
Health Potion: 37
Major Health Potion: 2
Cleansing Tonic: 1

Did 30 total matches in the Training Fields and got everyone up to level 4. I didn't need to leave the Coli ONCE during this and as such got a mean battle streak going, which provided a lot of extra EXP. I also gave Keanu an extra Aid stone I had lying around and did another 10 matches, this time in the Woodland Path. Had to flee on the 9th and return due to freaking Shred's bleed damage.

Interesting drops:
Green-Edged Claw Leafy Pack

During battle 3, a Ceanothus Brawler decided to be a butt and left Keanu with a grand total of TWO health. I literally was sitting here in front of my computer thinking he had DIED for a solid minute, ready to flip my table in rage, when I noticed his icon wasn't gray or curled up on the ground.

You guys have NO idea how happy I was when I realized he could still go on. Used a Health Potion on him and went on a bit more carefully and a lot less sparingly. After leaving the Coliseum my dragons had:

Minor Potions: 47
Health Potion: 35
Cleansing Tonic: 1

Might have to go buy more potions, as I'll likely be trying the Woodland Path next time. Stats are now as follows:

Korcari: STR 15 | AGI 6 | VIT 10 | QCK 15 | INT 8 | DEF 9 | MND 9
Keanu: STR 6 | AGI 7 | VIT 10 | QCK 15 | INT 15 | DEF 9 | MND 9
Ronja: STR 15 | AGI 9 | VIT 10 | QCK 15 | INT 5 | DEF 9 | MND 9

Decided to barter off their useless items to make a bit of a profit.

413 from selling Materials
162 from selling Trinkets
100 from the Leafy Pack

Treasure Total: 9,699
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180208/b7885820f1cc8325f215b11f36e746e5.png[/img] [item=Raptorik Talonblades] [b]Category [/b]: Trinket [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31642319]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31668469]Next Day[/url][/center] Aw man, c'mon! I wanted to do more Coli today. Oh well. I got a damn adorable familiar for Keanu out of it, so I can't really complain. [b]Total Gathered[/b]: 3,580 from selling Materials 1,147 from selling Trinkets [b]Extra[/b]: [item=nephrite chameleon] [b]Treasure Total[/b]: 13,751 [b]Gem Total[/b]: 0
b7885820f1cc8325f215b11f36e746e5.png
Raptorik Talonblades
Category : Trinket

Previous Day - Next Day

Aw man, c'mon! I wanted to do more Coli today. Oh well. I got a damn adorable familiar for Keanu out of it, so I can't really complain.

Total Gathered:

3,580 from selling Materials
1,147 from selling Trinkets

Extra:
Nephrite Chameleon

Treasure Total: 13,751
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180209/1fff1d4438ed5ea3ad0f1cc119d2bf59.png[/img] [item=ambush] [b]Category[/b]: Battle Stone [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31654817]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31681312]Next Day[/url][/center] [b]Results of the Coin Flip[/b]: Tails HOT DAMN. That was close! Though I'm almost disappointed, I really want to go into the Coliseum more =^( I'll likely write a short snippet here at some point for story purposes.
1fff1d4438ed5ea3ad0f1cc119d2bf59.png
Ambush
Category: Battle Stone

Previous Day - Next Day

Results of the Coin Flip: Tails

HOT DAMN. That was close! Though I'm almost disappointed, I really want to go into the Coliseum more =^( I'll likely write a short snippet here at some point for story purposes.
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180211/9376d57c7affa3e7dbf980237ffd9fa7.png[/img] [Item= Fancy Silver-Plated Buckle] [B]Category[/b]: Material [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31668469]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31695631]Next Day[/url][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34049058] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/340491/34049058_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] The slide of needle and thread through flesh was rhythmic. Almost soothing, in a way. It was a pity though, that this specimen had died so young... Despite the autopsy having revealed no viable information on the cause of the plague, the doctor found a spark of hope still lingered in his chest. An all but foreign feeling in these harrowed times. Someone had actually answered his request! Reaching up with a gloved paw, Julian wiped a bead of sweat from his brow before tying off the final stitch. Despite his best efforts, the air in the clinic always felt far too warm. What with all the injured bodies pressed in close and the cut open dead...it was a miracle it didn't smell worse, too. With a sigh the plague doctor turned to face the dragons who stood awkwardly behind the autopsy table, eyes roaming over each of them in turn. A rogue, a mage, and a hunter. Well. One could start off with worse volunteers. Besides, beggars couldn't be choosers. Few were willing to go out past the walls of the Hewn City these days. Reaching out he grabbed his mask from where he'd set it aside earlier and, with a squeal of leather, replaced it over his face and redid the straps. "So, you are the volunteers I take it? I confess I've only seen Keanu around before." He nodded towards the pastel Coatl with a smile. "Your master said you would be here the last time he stopped by the clinic. As for you ladies I hope I get to know you better during the coming months. We will be working together rather closely, if things go according to plan." The Wildclaw shifted in place but said nothing, casting her eyes back towards the door as if deciding whether or not she had the courage to continue. But she didn't bolt, and Julian was grateful for it. Meanwhile, the Imperial's icy blue eyes met his and she nodded, being the first to speak. "I hope they do. Someone needs to figure out what is causing this disease. You are a commendable soul for trying, Doctor Devorak." She inclined her head, and his crest feathers twitched in surprise. "I look forward to working with you. All of you," she added as she nodded to each of them in turn. Feeling his face heat up in embarrassment, the Skydancer coughed and waved a paw dismissively. Never had he been more thankful for the mask in place over his face. "Yes, well, someone had to do it. I'd go beyond the city myself but with the clinic in this state..." He trailed off, shaking his head. More and more patients arrived every day...and even more bodies piled up after them. Despite the itch to go out and search for a cure himself, the clinic needed him. Even with the monks there were not enough healers to go around. All he could do was trust in this group of volunteers and offer them advice whenever he could. "Well. Let's just say I'm thankful you arrived at all. Come, let me give you what supplies I can before we discuss where to start your journey." He led them to a room in the back, learning their names on the way. Keanu was, of course, the young Coatl from the temple down south. Korcari the Imperial was formerly a merchant...though word around town stated that she was more of a thief-for-hire now. And Ronja was the Wildclaw huntress from the jungle. Ducking through a doorway, Julian entered the storage space and looked up. The ceiling was half crumbled away but thankfully provided enough protection from the elements that the items inside hadn't been ruined. Things like bandages, food, and medicinal supplies were precious commodities these days. Three small packs, one for each of the volunteers, was all he could spare. "I've managed to gather together a weeks worth of rations, as well as a few health pots for each of you and whatever coin I could spare," Julian said, motioning towards the wrapped parcels. "I suggest you head to the local market and see if you can find anything else you might require. Weapons, travel garb, I have none and would hate to have your corpses be the next ones on my table..." At this Ronja's head lifted sharply, nostrils flaring. "Trust me," she growled. "They won't be." Teeth clacking irritably she stepped forward and chose her pack, and the other two soon followed. When they were all settled Julian set about explaining what he expected of them. What to look out for in the wildlife for signs of plague, about the unexplored ruins further north that might hold some valuable loot, and what he needed them to procure for him should they happen across it. The standards, like food and medical supplies for the city's survivors, were met with nods of acknowledgement. When he started mentioning certain herbs and items specifically related to the plague, Keanu pulled a piece of parchment from his pack and began to write them down. They all shuddered when he asked for the bodies of the fallen, explaining the need to autopsy them in the search for a cause. Korcari's eyes shut tight and she turned her head away when Julian confirmed that meant those of hatchlings too. Before they left he also provided them each with a Red Birdskull Wingpiece. "So the guards don't shoot you on sight when you return from your travels," the doctor explained. Watching them go, all Julian could do was wish them luck and pray that they were able to find something to help him. [center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180207/7a16a0b4537a22e8b76be605d6e957f9.png[/img]
9376d57c7affa3e7dbf980237ffd9fa7.png
Fancy Silver-Plated Buckle
Category: Material

34049058_350.png

The slide of needle and thread through flesh was rhythmic. Almost soothing, in a way. It was a pity though, that this specimen had died so young...

Despite the autopsy having revealed no viable information on the cause of the plague, the doctor found a spark of hope still lingered in his chest. An all but foreign feeling in these harrowed times.

Someone had actually answered his request!

Reaching up with a gloved paw, Julian wiped a bead of sweat from his brow before tying off the final stitch. Despite his best efforts, the air in the clinic always felt far too warm. What with all the injured bodies pressed in close and the cut open dead...it was a miracle it didn't smell worse, too. With a sigh the plague doctor turned to face the dragons who stood awkwardly behind the autopsy table, eyes roaming over each of them in turn.

A rogue, a mage, and a hunter.

Well. One could start off with worse volunteers.

Besides, beggars couldn't be choosers. Few were willing to go out past the walls of the Hewn City these days. Reaching out he grabbed his mask from where he'd set it aside earlier and, with a squeal of leather, replaced it over his face and redid the straps.

"So, you are the volunteers I take it? I confess I've only seen Keanu around before." He nodded towards the pastel Coatl with a smile. "Your master said you would be here the last time he stopped by the clinic. As for you ladies I hope I get to know you better during the coming months. We will be working together rather closely, if things go according to plan."

The Wildclaw shifted in place but said nothing, casting her eyes back towards the door as if deciding whether or not she had the courage to continue. But she didn't bolt, and Julian was grateful for it. Meanwhile, the Imperial's icy blue eyes met his and she nodded, being the first to speak.

"I hope they do. Someone needs to figure out what is causing this disease. You are a commendable soul for trying, Doctor Devorak." She inclined her head, and his crest feathers twitched in surprise. "I look forward to working with you. All of you," she added as she nodded to each of them in turn.

Feeling his face heat up in embarrassment, the Skydancer coughed and waved a paw dismissively. Never had he been more thankful for the mask in place over his face. "Yes, well, someone had to do it. I'd go beyond the city myself but with the clinic in this state..." He trailed off, shaking his head. More and more patients arrived every day...and even more bodies piled up after them.

Despite the itch to go out and search for a cure himself, the clinic needed him. Even with the monks there were not enough healers to go around. All he could do was trust in this group of volunteers and offer them advice whenever he could.

"Well. Let's just say I'm thankful you arrived at all. Come, let me give you what supplies I can before we discuss where to start your journey."

He led them to a room in the back, learning their names on the way. Keanu was, of course, the young Coatl from the temple down south. Korcari the Imperial was formerly a merchant...though word around town stated that she was more of a thief-for-hire now. And Ronja was the Wildclaw huntress from the jungle.

Ducking through a doorway, Julian entered the storage space and looked up. The ceiling was half crumbled away but thankfully provided enough protection from the elements that the items inside hadn't been ruined. Things like bandages, food, and medicinal supplies were precious commodities these days. Three small packs, one for each of the volunteers, was all he could spare.

"I've managed to gather together a weeks worth of rations, as well as a few health pots for each of you and whatever coin I could spare," Julian said, motioning towards the wrapped parcels. "I suggest you head to the local market and see if you can find anything else you might require. Weapons, travel garb, I have none and would hate to have your corpses be the next ones on my table..."

At this Ronja's head lifted sharply, nostrils flaring. "Trust me," she growled. "They won't be." Teeth clacking irritably she stepped forward and chose her pack, and the other two soon followed.

When they were all settled Julian set about explaining what he expected of them. What to look out for in the wildlife for signs of plague, about the unexplored ruins further north that might hold some valuable loot, and what he needed them to procure for him should they happen across it. The standards, like food and medical supplies for the city's survivors, were met with nods of acknowledgement.

When he started mentioning certain herbs and items specifically related to the plague, Keanu pulled a piece of parchment from his pack and began to write them down.

They all shuddered when he asked for the bodies of the fallen, explaining the need to autopsy them in the search for a cause. Korcari's eyes shut tight and she turned her head away when Julian confirmed that meant those of hatchlings too.

Before they left he also provided them each with a Red Birdskull Wingpiece. "So the guards don't shoot you on sight when you return from your travels," the doctor explained.

Watching them go, all Julian could do was wish them luck and pray that they were able to find something to help him.
7a16a0b4537a22e8b76be605d6e957f9.png
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180211/a650f558f47163a10d451db2fb3cc816.png[/img] [Item=Moss-Covered Rubble] [b]Category[/b]: Trinket [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31681312]Previous Day[/url] - Nexy Day[/center] [center][img]https://media2.giphy.com/media/o53M2Ug7Gu9NK/200.gif[/img][/center] Pinkerton plz... [b]Total Gathered[/b]: 5,169 from selling Materials 1,589 from selling Trinkets [b]Extra[/b]: [item=rusted treasure chest] = +1,642 treasure [item=broken penny jar] x15 = +3,000 treasure [item=broken pottery jar] x6 = +1,500 treasure [b]Treasure Total[/b]: 26,651 [b]Gem Total[/b]: 0
a650f558f47163a10d451db2fb3cc816.png
Moss-Covered Rubble
Category: Trinket

Previous Day - Nexy Day

200.gif

Pinkerton plz...

Total Gathered:

5,169 from selling Materials
1,589 from selling Trinkets

Extra:
Rusted Treasure Chest = +1,642 treasure
Broken Penny Jar x15 = +3,000 treasure
Broken Pottery Jar x6 = +1,500 treasure

Treasure Total: 26,651
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180212/5334343f147f78bc632b57f9b58a21cb.png[/img] [item=Alstroemeria Fox] [b]Category[/b]: Familiar [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31695631]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31734862]Next Day[/url][/center] WAT? OK. Rolled a 7 and decided to take this Spiral boy home with me. His name is now Fletcher and he is the party's new scout: [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=39293407] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/392935/39293407_350.png[/img] [/url][/center]
5334343f147f78bc632b57f9b58a21cb.png
Alstroemeria Fox
Category: Familiar

Previous Day - Next Day

WAT? OK.

Rolled a 7 and decided to take this Spiral boy home with me. His name is now Fletcher and he is the party's new scout:
[center][img]https://fontmeme.com/permalink/180213/d06f7479d17f633faea46283502e2c2d.png[/img] [item= Snapping Turtle] [b]Category[/b]: Food [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/2#post_31714085]Previous Day[/url] - [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2372898/3#post_31746489]Next Day[/url] [img]https://media.giphy.com/media/2116PkgyWRPz2/giphy.gif[/img][/center] FINALLY!!!! You have redeemed yourself, Pinkerton! Required to do 40-50 matches. Took my original group into the Woodland Path. Before entering the Coliseum my dragons had: (I did some shopping) [b]Minor Potions[/b]: 213 [b]Health Potion[/b]: 81 [b]Major Health Potion[/b]: 2 [b]Cleansing Tonic[/b]: 19 [b]Interesting drops[/b]: [item=autumn dryad][item=leafy pack][item=natural acuity fragment][item=broken flower pot][item=leafy pack][item=leafy pack][item=ward][item=leafy pack][item=] Fled on battle 15 due to Cockatrices that I didn't trust not to kill my team. Updated everyone's stats and stones before going back in. Ended up doing all 50 matches, and got my original three babies up to level 7 and gave them their might/acuity fragments as well as an elemental Slash each for the ladies. Overall, everyone did well and there were no real close calls. Though I'm still hesitant to head into the scorched forest... After leaving the Coliseum my dragons had: [b]Minor Potions[/b]: 186 [b]Health Potion[/b]: 79 [b]Major Health Potion[/b]: 2 [b]Cleansing Tonic[/b]: 19 Ended up distributing their stats this way: [b]Korcari[/b]: STR 30 | AGI 7 | VIT 16 | QCK 20 | INT 9 | DEF 15 | MND 15 [b]Keanu[/b]: STR 6 | AGI 7 | VIT 16 | QCK 20 | INT 30 | DEF 15 | MND 15 [b]Ronja[/b]: STR 30 | AGI 10 | VIT 16 | QCK 20 | INT 6 | DEF 15 | MND 15 This was with Light Dom though so stats are a bit skewed. Accidentally forgot to count up how much treasure was made from selling the Materials and Trinkets, so I'm just going to count the extra coins from the items they found. [b]Extra Items[/b]: [item=leafy pack] x4 = +400 treasure [item=broken flower pot] = +70 treasure [b]Treasure Total[/b]: 27,121 [b]Gem Total[/b]: 0
d06f7479d17f633faea46283502e2c2d.png
Snapping Turtle
Category: Food

Previous Day - Next Day

giphy.gif

FINALLY!!!! You have redeemed yourself, Pinkerton! Required to do 40-50 matches. Took my original group into the Woodland Path.

Before entering the Coliseum my dragons had: (I did some shopping)

Minor Potions: 213
Health Potion: 81
Cleansing Tonic: 19

Interesting drops:
Autumn Dryad Leafy Pack Natural Acuity Fragment Broken Flower Pot Leafy Pack Leafy Pack Ward Leafy Pack

Fled on battle 15 due to Cockatrices that I didn't trust not to kill my team. Updated everyone's stats and stones before going back in. Ended up doing all 50 matches, and got my original three babies up to level 7 and gave them their might/acuity fragments as well as an elemental Slash each for the ladies. Overall, everyone did well and there were no real close calls. Though I'm still hesitant to head into the scorched forest...

After leaving the Coliseum my dragons had:

Minor Potions: 186
Health Potion: 79
Cleansing Tonic: 19

Ended up distributing their stats this way:

Korcari: STR 30 | AGI 7 | VIT 16 | QCK 20 | INT 9 | DEF 15 | MND 15
Keanu: STR 6 | AGI 7 | VIT 16 | QCK 20 | INT 30 | DEF 15 | MND 15
Ronja: STR 30 | AGI 10 | VIT 16 | QCK 20 | INT 6 | DEF 15 | MND 15

This was with Light Dom though so stats are a bit skewed.

Accidentally forgot to count up how much treasure was made from selling the Materials and Trinkets, so I'm just going to count the extra coins from the items they found.

Extra Items:

Leafy Pack x4 = +400 treasure
Broken Flower Pot = +70 treasure

Treasure Total: 27,121
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 63 64