Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [Quest] G1 Seasonal Monarchs
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 49 50
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/gr546sl.png[/img][/center] [center][b]Progress[/b][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40263710]Pwyll[/url]: [s]Wildclaw[/s], [s]Rosette/Trail/Firefly[/s], [s]Dark Sclera[/s] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40264976]Rhiannon[/url]: [s]Skydancer[/s], [s]Giraffe/Striation/Firefly[/s], [s]Dark Sclera[/s] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/gr546sl.png[/img][/center] Well, here we are at the "March 1" update. Sorry it's so late. Lore is very very hard, ahaha. Before that, though, Pwyll and Rhiannon are now fully gened! @Alize generously gave me Rhi's Firefly, and I broke down and bought a wc scroll from the AH. That means they're finished enough to be able to breed on the 15th! Lore concepts aren't.... [i]entirely[/i] fleshed out, but I have what, 9-10 days to get it nailed down and write it before the equinox? Plenty of time on that front, ahaha. My current idea (for all of the Monarchs, really) is that they're from an Elsewhere-type plane of existence - where reality isn't as reliable and you can cross from one end of Sorienth to another in no time but also take years to get back to a place close to where you first entered. Basic faerie stuff, really. One specific thing to note is the deities' interaction with this plane. Because of it's non-linear-ness, different deities' magic can mix in odd ways. The origins of the monarchs - or one speculated origin, at least - would be that they were abandoned eggs that made their way into elsewhere and were influenced by its odd magic upon hatching. The spring monarchs would have been influenced by the Windsinger and the Gladekeeper, of course. Given the unique nature of elsewhere, though, they would grow to become more than just an unusual combination of magic, and gained a lot of influence in elsewhere and beyond. Again, more typical faerie stuff, but it's influenced by site lore. I still need to smooth over details with origins, figure out their dispositions, and figure out rules to the generations project that they'll be a part of, but I think I'll hold off on that for at least 8 hours. It's getting late, and I need sleep, haha. Any input on any of the things I have or haven't talked about would be greatly appreciated! We're [i]so close[/i] to the equinox, and I'm both excited and a little scared, haha! [size=2]EDIT: Forgot to proof this before posting, whoops[/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/gr546sl.png[/img][/center] Pinglist: [size=2]@EverAutumn @Terhothyl @TwilightDreams @Amezrou @Bionic @Dragonartist24 @Whimzica @Wendicat @Ashki @DragonWarrior333 @Survivors @Dragonfruiteen @Hoopsies @Rosewing @Cvhruig @alatefeline @AnimeLover9631 @Alize @Xumbre @Sanddollar @witchcraft @Tunesmith @Crumpet @Tinytalkingtina @Ellapinky @Xirei @CartelSaide @cordifolium @FireHeartSong @shirotsubaki6564 @Goatherder @icetail0912 @Nocturnea @KrazKitCat[/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/gr546sl.png[/img][/center]
gr546sl.png

Progress

Pwyll: Wildclaw, Rosette/Trail/Firefly, Dark Sclera
Rhiannon: Skydancer, Giraffe/Striation/Firefly, Dark Sclera
gr546sl.png

Well, here we are at the "March 1" update. Sorry it's so late. Lore is very very hard, ahaha.

Before that, though, Pwyll and Rhiannon are now fully gened! @Alize generously gave me Rhi's Firefly, and I broke down and bought a wc scroll from the AH. That means they're finished enough to be able to breed on the 15th!

Lore concepts aren't.... entirely fleshed out, but I have what, 9-10 days to get it nailed down and write it before the equinox? Plenty of time on that front, ahaha.

My current idea (for all of the Monarchs, really) is that they're from an Elsewhere-type plane of existence - where reality isn't as reliable and you can cross from one end of Sorienth to another in no time but also take years to get back to a place close to where you first entered. Basic faerie stuff, really.

One specific thing to note is the deities' interaction with this plane. Because of it's non-linear-ness, different deities' magic can mix in odd ways. The origins of the monarchs - or one speculated origin, at least - would be that they were abandoned eggs that made their way into elsewhere and were influenced by its odd magic upon hatching. The spring monarchs would have been influenced by the Windsinger and the Gladekeeper, of course. Given the unique nature of elsewhere, though, they would grow to become more than just an unusual combination of magic, and gained a lot of influence in elsewhere and beyond. Again, more typical faerie stuff, but it's influenced by site lore.

I still need to smooth over details with origins, figure out their dispositions, and figure out rules to the generations project that they'll be a part of, but I think I'll hold off on that for at least 8 hours. It's getting late, and I need sleep, haha.

Any input on any of the things I have or haven't talked about would be greatly appreciated! We're so close to the equinox, and I'm both excited and a little scared, haha!

EDIT: Forgot to proof this before posting, whoops
gr546sl.png

Pinglist:
@EverAutumn @Terhothyl @TwilightDreams @Amezrou @Bionic @Dragonartist24 @Whimzica @Wendicat @Ashki @DragonWarrior333 @Survivors @Dragonfruiteen @Hoopsies @Rosewing @Cvhruig @alatefeline @AnimeLover9631 @Alize @Xumbre @Sanddollar @witchcraft @Tunesmith @Crumpet @Tinytalkingtina @Ellapinky @Xirei @CartelSaide @cordifolium @FireHeartSong @shirotsubaki6564 @Goatherder @icetail0912 @Nocturnea @KrazKitCat
gr546sl.png
vDhkKOl.png | TheGoldDragon
#177402 | FR + 2 | he/they/ey
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Wishlist | Apparel Trading
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
@TheGoldDragon This is a very ambitious project, keep going we're rooting for you.[emoji=guardian laughing]
@TheGoldDragon
This is a very ambitious project, keep going we're rooting for you.
aesq82D.gifActive17:00-10:00
[quote name="shirotsubaki6564" date="2019-03-10 22:35:35" ] @TheGoldDragon This is a very ambitious project, keep going we're rooting for you.[emoji=guardian laughing] [/quote] Definitely this! It's been a really fun project to follow along with and you've made amazing progress so far and even just sticking to the deadlines is no small feat. Love the idea of the fae-influence that's also tied in with FR lore though, the way you describe it almost makes me think of the deities' influence in the 'other place' being like bubbles, where the magic makes it denser, even stickier in terms of time and movement if you run into them and the longer you stay in the proximity of a bubble, the more it manifests.
shirotsubaki6564 wrote on 2019-03-10 22:35:35:
@TheGoldDragon
This is a very ambitious project, keep going we're rooting for you.
Definitely this! It's been a really fun project to follow along with and you've made amazing progress so far and even just sticking to the deadlines is no small feat.

Love the idea of the fae-influence that's also tied in with FR lore though, the way you describe it almost makes me think of the deities' influence in the 'other place' being like bubbles, where the magic makes it denser, even stickier in terms of time and movement if you run into them and the longer you stay in the proximity of a bubble, the more it manifests.
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
@shirotsubaki6564

Thank you so much! It means a lot.

@Xirei

Thank you for supporting too! And that conceptualization is really good. It makes it sound like the "bubbles" could be a crossover point between sorienth and elsewhere, if the deities' influence is strong enough. Your specific choice of words also makes it sound like the areas of influence move around. If the bubbles were to inhabit the same area as one of the courts, then, any unhatched descendants of the monarchs could be influenced by said magic, meaning any eye color dragons is okay! Heck yeah, lore reasons for something I already wanted to do for the generations project!
@shirotsubaki6564

Thank you so much! It means a lot.

@Xirei

Thank you for supporting too! And that conceptualization is really good. It makes it sound like the "bubbles" could be a crossover point between sorienth and elsewhere, if the deities' influence is strong enough. Your specific choice of words also makes it sound like the areas of influence move around. If the bubbles were to inhabit the same area as one of the courts, then, any unhatched descendants of the monarchs could be influenced by said magic, meaning any eye color dragons is okay! Heck yeah, lore reasons for something I already wanted to do for the generations project!
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/gr546sl.png[/img][/center] [center][b]Progress[/b][/center] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40263710]Pwyll[/url] & [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=40264976]Rhiannon[/url]: Nesting ([url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=354714&tab=hatchery]1 egg[/url]) [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/gr546sl.png[/img][/center] Ladies and gentledrakes...... we got wegged. Our Spring Monarchs, Pwyll and Rhiannon, were sent to nest on a wind nest, as I would like to make their very first nest match at least one of their eyes, even if I won't be requiring specific eye colors for the legacy project, just to set aside this as a special moment. The nester, @MamaVori, was so kind to take them early, to ensure that even if they did miss a day incubating them, the pair would still be able to hatch on the equinox. And I get repaid with one. Single. Egg. I've never been more insulted in my life. ...In other news, the Spring Monarchs are listed as "finished" on the front page because - well - they're finished! They're fully gened, I have all their apparel (even if they aren't wearing it right now), and they even have fully coded bios! Admittedly, their bios are a bit sparse on text, but the actual lore of the Courts will be more on the legacy hub thread. Essentially, they're done, and on a nest to be hatched on the 20th! Even if it is only one egg. Hmph. Oh! If you look again at the first page of the thread, at the bottom of the 4th post "How You Can Help" - there's buttons! Just a couple, as I was focusing on legacy project graphics when I made them, but they're there! There will be slightly higher-quality ones that will link back to the legacy hub eventually, but these link back to this thread for now, if you want one! One last thing before I go - I'm not going to be pinging anyone from the progress update list when the generations thread goes up. That's only gonna be the hatch pinglists. I'll probably put a link to it on the front of this thread as well as the April 1st update, but if you wanna see the thread when it goes live, let me know! I can add you to one of the hatch pinglists, or I can simply ping you when it goes up. There's a pinglist post on the first page of this thread, if you wanna check which ones you're on. (And for those of you who are interested in getting involved in the legacy project, I'll be charging 100kT/100g for adopting direct offspring of the monarchs, so that's how much this first hatchling will be.) Enjoy the last few days of winter! [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/gr546sl.png[/img][/center] Pinglist: [size=2]@EverAutumn @Terhothyl @TwilightDreams @Skyeset @Bionic @Kumie @Whimzica @Wendicat @Ashki @DragonWarrior333 @Survivors @Dragonfruiteen @Hoopsies @Rosewing @Cvhruig @alatefeline @AnimeLover9631 @Alize @Xumbre @Sanddollar @witchcraft @Tunesmith @Crumpet @Tinytalkingtina @Ellapinky @Xirei @CartelSaide @cordifolium @FireHeartSong @shirotsubaki6564 @Goatherder @icetail0912 @Nocturnea @KrazKitCat[/size] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/gr546sl.png[/img][/center]
gr546sl.png

Progress

Pwyll & Rhiannon: Nesting (1 egg)
gr546sl.png

Ladies and gentledrakes...... we got wegged.

Our Spring Monarchs, Pwyll and Rhiannon, were sent to nest on a wind nest, as I would like to make their very first nest match at least one of their eyes, even if I won't be requiring specific eye colors for the legacy project, just to set aside this as a special moment. The nester, @MamaVori, was so kind to take them early, to ensure that even if they did miss a day incubating them, the pair would still be able to hatch on the equinox.

And I get repaid with one. Single. Egg.

I've never been more insulted in my life.

...In other news, the Spring Monarchs are listed as "finished" on the front page because - well - they're finished! They're fully gened, I have all their apparel (even if they aren't wearing it right now), and they even have fully coded bios! Admittedly, their bios are a bit sparse on text, but the actual lore of the Courts will be more on the legacy hub thread. Essentially, they're done, and on a nest to be hatched on the 20th!

Even if it is only one egg. Hmph.

Oh! If you look again at the first page of the thread, at the bottom of the 4th post "How You Can Help" - there's buttons! Just a couple, as I was focusing on legacy project graphics when I made them, but they're there! There will be slightly higher-quality ones that will link back to the legacy hub eventually, but these link back to this thread for now, if you want one!

One last thing before I go - I'm not going to be pinging anyone from the progress update list when the generations thread goes up. That's only gonna be the hatch pinglists. I'll probably put a link to it on the front of this thread as well as the April 1st update, but if you wanna see the thread when it goes live, let me know! I can add you to one of the hatch pinglists, or I can simply ping you when it goes up. There's a pinglist post on the first page of this thread, if you wanna check which ones you're on. (And for those of you who are interested in getting involved in the legacy project, I'll be charging 100kT/100g for adopting direct offspring of the monarchs, so that's how much this first hatchling will be.)

Enjoy the last few days of winter!
gr546sl.png

Pinglist:
@EverAutumn @Terhothyl @TwilightDreams @Skyeset @Bionic @Kumie @Whimzica @Wendicat @Ashki @DragonWarrior333 @Survivors @Dragonfruiteen @Hoopsies @Rosewing @Cvhruig @alatefeline @AnimeLover9631 @Alize @Xumbre @Sanddollar @witchcraft @Tunesmith @Crumpet @Tinytalkingtina @Ellapinky @Xirei @CartelSaide @cordifolium @FireHeartSong @shirotsubaki6564 @Goatherder @icetail0912 @Nocturnea @KrazKitCat
gr546sl.png
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
@TheGoldDragon I'd love to be added to the general hatchling pinglist! ^-^
@TheGoldDragon I'd love to be added to the general hatchling pinglist! ^-^
oie_Xj_B1a3gk_Y0hg.png dd10gp3-d6cdf0fa-96e4-470f-9bc4-70fee79f755e.png SKsJX7z.png
@DragonWarrior333 done!
@DragonWarrior333 done!
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
@TheGoldDragon
Well, that better be one outstanding child. xD

Please add me to the hatch pinglist!
@TheGoldDragon
Well, that better be one outstanding child. xD

Please add me to the hatch pinglist!
A stick of yellow butter with blue butterfly wings. At by MythicalViper!xCmYhaC.pngMA3bre1.png
@Xirei Sure thing!
@Xirei Sure thing!
Tumblr | Icon Dragon
Lair Goals | Hatchery
| | LF eggs:
They put all their effort into one egg, lets hope this one egg is totally worth it!
They put all their effort into one egg, lets hope this one egg is totally worth it!
Webp.net-gifmaker.gif EMUiovg.gif HiKvGEG.png 37412633.png
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 49 50