Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR][CYOA]Worship at the Wyrmwound
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 106 107
(Thanks everyone for your excellent entries and so-far thoughtful responses to the prompts!

If you or someone you know has submitted a character but has NOT been added to the player list or pinged to the first prompt, please let me know! I think I have everyone but this old derg isn't perfect and I don't want to miss anybody. At this point I should be all caught up. Ditto if you have responded to any prompt and do not get a ping from me with the next prompt by 17:00 the next day.

If you decide to change your answer for any reason, make sure you ping me! You cannot change your response as soon as the new prompts have been sent out. And remember that while interacting with other characters is not by any stretch required, if you have the time and want to RP you can get bonus points for making the event a little more lively!)
(Thanks everyone for your excellent entries and so-far thoughtful responses to the prompts!

If you or someone you know has submitted a character but has NOT been added to the player list or pinged to the first prompt, please let me know! I think I have everyone but this old derg isn't perfect and I don't want to miss anybody. At this point I should be all caught up. Ditto if you have responded to any prompt and do not get a ping from me with the next prompt by 17:00 the next day.

If you decide to change your answer for any reason, make sure you ping me! You cannot change your response as soon as the new prompts have been sent out. And remember that while interacting with other characters is not by any stretch required, if you have the time and want to RP you can get bonus points for making the event a little more lively!)
yjJhTxB.pngnP8F9or.png
Just so everyone knows, I’m 8 hours ahead of FR time, so I won’t necessarily be able to post at high rates at the same time as everyone else (I can be slow and indecisive when I’m writing anyway, I should warn. ^^;) @Maiiau Thought I'd ping you to let you know that I'd vaguely noticed how many Fae there are at the moment, such that my Coccus noticed Mahere taking an interest in the same guide as her. But no need to worry about having them interact if you're unsure about it. (Funny that we're both working on characters we consider in need of development, heh.) Given how late it is where I am, I should probably turn in soon anyhow, but I thought you'd be interested to know of your Fae's mention regardless. :) [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/jgIXeoW.png[/img] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=82155][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/822/82155p.png[/img][/url][/center] Coccusione ignored the Spiral who spun the journey into a sales pitch. She was neither a tourist, nor interested in the company of those who were who would be drawn over. The second was a vision of brawn that was expected among the realm’s populace. The Plague Fae, however, was not interested in a simple bodyguard. Coccus took her time fluttering in the direction of the Bogsneak. He had the confidence that he had the ability to intimidate the majority of threats. As the Fae was considering that this one ran the risk of superfluous chatter, the movement of another Fae’s crest caught her eye. Past the many Ridgebacks and Mirrors milling around, as well as a good number of Pearlcatchers and Tundras, Coccus hadn't noticed many Fae travellers. She made her way over to hear the Fae guide's own take on the journey they were intending to undertake. Coccusione noticed that the one other Fae traveller she was aware of had also taken an interest in that particular guide, but Coccus didn't acknowledge her. This guide turned out not to be someone lauding their magical might. Furthermore, it didn’t take much consideration to see how awareness was its own way to overcome might. For an opponent whose moves are all visible in advance, be they literal or figurative, cannot land a blow. When he finished and turned to focus on his supplies, Coccus watched and waited. Considering the guide and deciding to wait to hear what more he had to say. @N0B0DY [quote=Day 1 Choice]4. Coccus gives the Fae guide her attention.[/quote] Feel free to let me know any time how well what I'm writing works with the backstory/character I had in the first place.
Just so everyone knows, I’m 8 hours ahead of FR time, so I won’t necessarily be able to post at high rates at the same time as everyone else (I can be slow and indecisive when I’m writing anyway, I should warn. ^^;)

@Maiiau
Thought I'd ping you to let you know that I'd vaguely noticed how many Fae there are at the moment, such that my Coccus noticed Mahere taking an interest in the same guide as her. But no need to worry about having them interact if you're unsure about it. (Funny that we're both working on characters we consider in need of development, heh.)
Given how late it is where I am, I should probably turn in soon anyhow, but I thought you'd be interested to know of your Fae's mention regardless. :)

jgIXeoW.png
82155p.png

Coccusione ignored the Spiral who spun the journey into a sales pitch. She was neither a tourist, nor interested in the company of those who were who would be drawn over. The second was a vision of brawn that was expected among the realm’s populace. The Plague Fae, however, was not interested in a simple bodyguard. Coccus took her time fluttering in the direction of the Bogsneak. He had the confidence that he had the ability to intimidate the majority of threats.
As the Fae was considering that this one ran the risk of superfluous chatter, the movement of another Fae’s crest caught her eye. Past the many Ridgebacks and Mirrors milling around, as well as a good number of Pearlcatchers and Tundras, Coccus hadn't noticed many Fae travellers. She made her way over to hear the Fae guide's own take on the journey they were intending to undertake. Coccusione noticed that the one other Fae traveller she was aware of had also taken an interest in that particular guide, but Coccus didn't acknowledge her. This guide turned out not to be someone lauding their magical might. Furthermore, it didn’t take much consideration to see how awareness was its own way to overcome might. For an opponent whose moves are all visible in advance, be they literal or figurative, cannot land a blow.
When he finished and turned to focus on his supplies, Coccus watched and waited. Considering the guide and deciding to wait to hear what more he had to say.

@N0B0DY
Day 1 Choice wrote:
Coccus gives the Fae guide her attention.

Feel free to let me know any time how well what I'm writing works with the backstory/character I had in the first place.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@N0B0DY
( Quick question, if Cheruvio decides to interact with anyone should I ping you in the interaction post? Couldn't find any guidelines about that particular instance, just wanted to check. )
@N0B0DY
( Quick question, if Cheruvio decides to interact with anyone should I ping you in the interaction post? Couldn't find any guidelines about that particular instance, just wanted to check. )
udj6wT1.png
@N0B0DY [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18055049] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/180551/18055049_350.png[/img] [/url] Vlad sighed and looked over the four dragons. The first three reminded him of dragons in his birth clan. He decided to give them a wide berth, for now. The fourth dragon, however, reminded him of some of his current clanmates and seemed like the most able to help him at this stage. Despite his desire to lay low, Vlad decided to (4) [b]inquire about the last dragon's supplies. Maybe she has something useful.[/b] Although he felt pretty sure he was resourceful enough to surive in the Wasteland, it couldn't hurt to have a refresher on avoiding illnesses and maybe learn something new that could help.
@N0B0DY

18055049_350.png

Vlad sighed and looked over the four dragons. The first three reminded him of dragons in his birth clan. He decided to give them a wide berth, for now. The fourth dragon, however, reminded him of some of his current clanmates and seemed like the most able to help him at this stage. Despite his desire to lay low, Vlad decided to (4) inquire about the last dragon's supplies. Maybe she has something useful. Although he felt pretty sure he was resourceful enough to surive in the Wasteland, it couldn't hurt to have a refresher on avoiding illnesses and maybe learn something new that could help.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
@Stanzascale Your staying in character, as is everyone else's so far, is just fine. Everyone has put in enough thought thus far that they're getting their daily "picked a path" and "roleplayed" check marks, although some have certainly made an excellent show above and beyond expectations in their writing and storytelling skills.

I'll make a quick comment to move people in the right direction if I suspect metagaming, but thus far I have no concerns.

Certainly there are instances where it is appropriate to act against your character's traits- for example a cowardly dragon stepping into a fight to protect a friend, or because they remember a time when they were helped similarly (although one would expect this to happen frequently or for said dragon may not be entirely successful since this isn't something they do everyday!) I will only penalize you if I see this happening constantly with no good reason.

If your dragon is reckless, I expect you not to enter cautiously because you the player suspect there might be traps. If your dragon is easily distracted, perhaps they'll get lost or step in something gross because they weren't paying enough attention. Your weak dragon shouldn't be able to perform great feats of strength, and your slow dragon shouldn't be able to outrun all their foes.

The point of staying in character is not for me to force you to "play the game correctly." It's to make the game a little more interesting and fun- to give flavor to your actions, to inspire you to occasionally make the "wrong" choice because your dragon would, and, above all, to inspire you to experience the plague value of surviving not because you're a dragon demigod but rather because you can overcome your weaknesses by leveraging your strengths and as a result become a better you!
@Stanzascale Your staying in character, as is everyone else's so far, is just fine. Everyone has put in enough thought thus far that they're getting their daily "picked a path" and "roleplayed" check marks, although some have certainly made an excellent show above and beyond expectations in their writing and storytelling skills.

I'll make a quick comment to move people in the right direction if I suspect metagaming, but thus far I have no concerns.

Certainly there are instances where it is appropriate to act against your character's traits- for example a cowardly dragon stepping into a fight to protect a friend, or because they remember a time when they were helped similarly (although one would expect this to happen frequently or for said dragon may not be entirely successful since this isn't something they do everyday!) I will only penalize you if I see this happening constantly with no good reason.

If your dragon is reckless, I expect you not to enter cautiously because you the player suspect there might be traps. If your dragon is easily distracted, perhaps they'll get lost or step in something gross because they weren't paying enough attention. Your weak dragon shouldn't be able to perform great feats of strength, and your slow dragon shouldn't be able to outrun all their foes.

The point of staying in character is not for me to force you to "play the game correctly." It's to make the game a little more interesting and fun- to give flavor to your actions, to inspire you to occasionally make the "wrong" choice because your dragon would, and, above all, to inspire you to experience the plague value of surviving not because you're a dragon demigod but rather because you can overcome your weaknesses by leveraging your strengths and as a result become a better you!
yjJhTxB.pngnP8F9or.png
@Sefaro You do not need to ping me in interaction posts; if a couple of players hit it off these types of posts could be quite frequent! I'll check each day and mark down interaction posts. If you make such a post and are concerned I might miss it, feel free to ping me on the first of such posts a day, but not the rest.

The main reason I'm requesting pings for prompt choices is because the game can't proceed the next day if I don't know what path you're taking! I can always go back at a later date for interactions and role playing counters :)
@Sefaro You do not need to ping me in interaction posts; if a couple of players hit it off these types of posts could be quite frequent! I'll check each day and mark down interaction posts. If you make such a post and are concerned I might miss it, feel free to ping me on the first of such posts a day, but not the rest.

The main reason I'm requesting pings for prompt choices is because the game can't proceed the next day if I don't know what path you're taking! I can always go back at a later date for interactions and role playing counters :)
yjJhTxB.pngnP8F9or.png
@Stanzascale

It isn't long before Mahere notes the other fae. There aren't many of them here, after all, and that this one had also joined in in finding this guide interesting... Well, she should say hello, or something, right?

...Right?

Ah, that's easier said than done. Maybe she should have brought Aleda after all, she never had a problem speaking to anyone. But this is a journey of discovery, and that includes getting to know at least some of the dragons going on the trip!

So, after this long deliberation, Mahere manages the twist of neck and flutter of frills of a greeting between two fae. Surely that counts as interaction!
@Stanzascale

It isn't long before Mahere notes the other fae. There aren't many of them here, after all, and that this one had also joined in in finding this guide interesting... Well, she should say hello, or something, right?

...Right?

Ah, that's easier said than done. Maybe she should have brought Aleda after all, she never had a problem speaking to anyone. But this is a journey of discovery, and that includes getting to know at least some of the dragons going on the trip!

So, after this long deliberation, Mahere manages the twist of neck and flutter of frills of a greeting between two fae. Surely that counts as interaction!
cvhDu9P.gif
[center][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/portraits/38582/3858139p.png[/img][/center] [indent][size=2]The Mirror sized their guides up and down slowly with beaded red eyes as she listened to their words. The Spiral rattled on about the Wyrmwound and blah blah blah -- the Wyrmwound itself was a wonder to behold, but the sacrifice he so highly spoke of was most likely going to be their own flesh and blood, and she didn't know how many of these dragons would be willing to do that. His words were easily dismissed with a scuff, and the same followed with the Bogsneak. Confidence was a killer in these lands, it was survival that was needed -- there were things so much more terrifying and larger that can rip an Imperial in half and simply flick a finger at the Bogsneak with a yawn. Maybe she was being bitter and having to bite back her tongue from just groaning and snapping at the other dragons, instead gurgling out an annoyed growl. The Fae and Guardian were the two that had her attention -- their words truly rung true, but she felt herself drawn more towards the Guardian; her life consisted mostly in running in packs of battle-hardened Mirrors, and she knew the more scars they bore while still standing and fighting, the better they were to group together with. She herself hid layers of scars under her garments that she wished few could see. She soon [b]joined the group around the second dragon[/b] and settled herself a little off to the side, close enough to be part of it, but far enough to observe in peace. [size=1]@N0B0DY
3858139p.png

The Mirror sized their guides up and down slowly with beaded red eyes as she listened to their words. The Spiral rattled on about the Wyrmwound and blah blah blah -- the Wyrmwound itself was a wonder to behold, but the sacrifice he so highly spoke of was most likely going to be their own flesh and blood, and she didn't know how many of these dragons would be willing to do that. His words were easily dismissed with a scuff, and the same followed with the Bogsneak.

Confidence was a killer in these lands, it was survival that was needed -- there were things so much more terrifying and larger that can rip an Imperial in half and simply flick a finger at the Bogsneak with a yawn. Maybe she was being bitter and having to bite back her tongue from just groaning and snapping at the other dragons, instead gurgling out an annoyed growl.

The Fae and Guardian were the two that had her attention -- their words truly rung true, but she felt herself drawn more towards the Guardian; her life consisted mostly in running in packs of battle-hardened Mirrors, and she knew the more scars they bore while still standing and fighting, the better they were to group together with. She herself hid layers of scars under her garments that she wished few could see.

She soon joined the group around the second dragon and settled herself a little off to the side, close enough to be part of it, but far enough to observe in peace.

@N0B0DY
J6HTF7u.png Wdr4Smc.png Hideki #68095
aid | she/her | FR +3

• Accent Shop
• Art Shop / Pixel Imps
• Hatchery
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa7be29bc03ed4feeddde2b2c8ea3e290ab4c1561a.png
@N0B0DY [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=19316294] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/193163/19316294_350.png[/img] [/url] Osiris landed at the edge of the clearing, having followed the instructions on how to find the embarkation point for the pilgrimage. Slowly, he made his way through the groups of dragons, all of whom were preparing for the dangerous journey. Even at a glance, he saw dragons from all over Sornieth. The Tundra shuddered at the fact that so many were being attracted to this place- how could somewhere so inhospitable draw so much fascination? It soon became clear that the crowds were gathering around four dragons, each of whom seemed to be offering their assistance for the journey ahead. The cleric sat and listened to what they each had to say in silence. Osiris thought hard about who to ask for help. The Spiral seemed too careless for his liking, and he doubted they'd find any riches in this wasteland. The Bogsneak simply terrified him. The Guardian reminded Osiris of Vincent, the clan's trainer, which was promising, but the Tundra wasn't sure he could handle whatever training might be in store for him. In the end, it was the Fae who caught Osiris's attention. He knew he was about to enter a land of plagues and poisons. Having the right supplies to combat them would be vital. He slowly made his way through the crowd, pulling down his mask to reveal his face as he approached the tiny green dragon. "What supplies do you have to offer?" the Tundra asked. [b]4. Inquire about the last dragon's supplies.[/b]
@N0B0DY

19316294_350.png

Osiris landed at the edge of the clearing, having followed the instructions on how to find the embarkation point for the pilgrimage. Slowly, he made his way through the groups of dragons, all of whom were preparing for the dangerous journey. Even at a glance, he saw dragons from all over Sornieth. The Tundra shuddered at the fact that so many were being attracted to this place- how could somewhere so inhospitable draw so much fascination?

It soon became clear that the crowds were gathering around four dragons, each of whom seemed to be offering their assistance for the journey ahead. The cleric sat and listened to what they each had to say in silence. Osiris thought hard about who to ask for help. The Spiral seemed too careless for his liking, and he doubted they'd find any riches in this wasteland. The Bogsneak simply terrified him. The Guardian reminded Osiris of Vincent, the clan's trainer, which was promising, but the Tundra wasn't sure he could handle whatever training might be in store for him.

In the end, it was the Fae who caught Osiris's attention. He knew he was about to enter a land of plagues and poisons. Having the right supplies to combat them would be vital. He slowly made his way through the crowd, pulling down his mask to reveal his face as he approached the tiny green dragon.

"What supplies do you have to offer?" the Tundra asked.

4. Inquire about the last dragon's supplies.
xpP2XdL.png
@N0B0DY [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18822430] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/188225/18822430_350.png[/img] [/url] Binurs [b]3. Sized up the third dragon. How could anything take down a guy this big?[/b] He admired the Bogsneak's strength and confidence. His armor was relatively clean, but there were a few scratches on his helmet and wings, indictating that this dragon had seen a few fights but was skilled enough to avoid taking damage from them. With such a warrior leading them, Binurs doubted that anything could trouble his tour group - and even if anything did, Binurs was sure that he and the Bogsneak could fight them off. Binurs walked up to the Bogsneak. "Hail there, fellow warrior and follower of Plaguemother!" He greeted. "I am Binurs, Plague Representative of my clan. I would like to join your group in the pilgrimage to the Wyrmwound. May I ask what your name is?"
@N0B0DY

18822430_350.png

Binurs 3. Sized up the third dragon. How could anything take down a guy this big? He admired the Bogsneak's strength and confidence. His armor was relatively clean, but there were a few scratches on his helmet and wings, indictating that this dragon had seen a few fights but was skilled enough to avoid taking damage from them. With such a warrior leading them, Binurs doubted that anything could trouble his tour group - and even if anything did, Binurs was sure that he and the Bogsneak could fight them off.

Binurs walked up to the Bogsneak. "Hail there, fellow warrior and follower of Plaguemother!" He greeted. "I am Binurs, Plague Representative of my clan. I would like to join your group in the pilgrimage to the Wyrmwound. May I ask what your name is?"
Na5WGHa.png
1 2 ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... 106 107