Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR][CYOA]Worship at the Wyrmwound
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 106 107
[indent][size=2]@N0B0DY [center][size=2][b]Username:[/b] Hideki [b]Character name: [/b]Aedinius [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=3858139] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/38582/3858139_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [size=2]Aedinius is one of the original founders of Clan Refugiu, when they were situated in the dry lands of the Shifting Expanse -- but she had left the clan to ponder her own journey to serve the Stormcatcher ... but she wandered off, footsteps leading her to the rotten lands of where her species originated from. She came out twisted, bright blue eyes turned a dark red and body warped and changed ... perhaps for the best. Her journey has made her [b]fast[/b], [b]resourceful[/b] and [b]perceptive[/b]. Her [b]poor eyesight[/b] has come from the physical changes of her journey, she can be [b]reckless[/b] and [b]easily distracted[/b]. She is the most knowledgeable in traversing these lands among the dragons in the clan, which was why she decided to make the journey herself to the heart of the lands. It was due to Mother that she is who she is today.
@N0B0DY

Username: Hideki
Character name: Aedinius

3858139_350.png

Aedinius is one of the original founders of Clan Refugiu, when they were situated in the dry lands of the Shifting Expanse -- but she had left the clan to ponder her own journey to serve the Stormcatcher ... but she wandered off, footsteps leading her to the rotten lands of where her species originated from.

She came out twisted, bright blue eyes turned a dark red and body warped and changed ... perhaps for the best. Her journey has made her fast, resourceful and perceptive.

Her poor eyesight has come from the physical changes of her journey, she can be reckless and easily distracted.

She is the most knowledgeable in traversing these lands among the dragons in the clan, which was why she decided to make the journey herself to the heart of the lands. It was due to Mother that she is who she is today.
J6HTF7u.png Wdr4Smc.png Hideki #68095
aid | she/her | FR +3

• Accent Shop
• Art Shop / Pixel Imps
• Hatchery
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa7be29bc03ed4feeddde2b2c8ea3e290ab4c1561a.png
@N0B0DY Nice, then I'm up for this. Player Name: LightHelco (Non Native English Speaker Character Name: Dusk Picture: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35856630] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/358567/35856630_350.png[/img] [/url] Biography: Dusk is seeing by his Clan as an old dreamer, always inside his books and magic artifacts. He normally wanders around the clan and the Ashfalls, not leaving the place so he can keep with his studies, [b]easily distracted[/b] by anything tied to magic. Such [b]careless[/b] it can be towards his clan, that when he started to train the second main mage, Zirkon, it ended forgetting that they were meeting to get some train done, leading to the puppil learning other kind of magic on its own. But even with that, the clan still respects Dusk and they would head towards him in need of help, the[b] wise [/b]dragon would come forward and help them thanks to his great [b]knowledge of Magic[/b]... although, sometimes he could end bragging about that part or boring the younger members with unnecesary knowledge. The few times he would leave home, it would be near the celebration of each flight, following the theories and rumors about new powers and artifacts appearing around that days. Following the stories of the great power that hides the Wyrmwound, he set of and flew towards the Wastelands decided to discover more about this world.
@N0B0DY Nice, then I'm up for this.

Player Name: LightHelco (Non Native English Speaker
Character Name: Dusk
Picture:

35856630_350.png

Biography:

Dusk is seeing by his Clan as an old dreamer, always inside his books and magic artifacts. He normally wanders around the clan and the Ashfalls, not leaving the place so he can keep with his studies, easily distracted by anything tied to magic. Such careless it can be towards his clan, that when he started to train the second main mage, Zirkon, it ended forgetting that they were meeting to get some train done, leading to the puppil learning other kind of magic on its own.

But even with that, the clan still respects Dusk and they would head towards him in need of help, the wise dragon would come forward and help them thanks to his great knowledge of Magic... although, sometimes he could end bragging about that part or boring the younger members with unnecesary knowledge.

The few times he would leave home, it would be near the celebration of each flight, following the theories and rumors about new powers and artifacts appearing around that days. Following the stories of the great power that hides the Wyrmwound, he set of and flew towards the Wastelands decided to discover more about this world.
f9Gp3JF.png
@N0B0DY I'd like to sign up please! Player name: tigressRising Character name: Binurs [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18822430] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/188225/18822430_350.png[/img] [/url] Binurs was hatched in the Scarred Wasteland to a nomadic Plague clan that struggled to scrape out a living in the unforgiving land. When Binurs hatched he was stillborn, not reacting to any of his parents' touches or pleas. The clan gave him up for dead, and left his body to the scavengers while they packed their belongings and travelled to a new location with better hunting. However, Binurs was not dead. Despite all odds he managed to wake up and survive, dragging himself to the Sea of a Thousand Currents. There he was found and adopted into the Clan of Roaring Waters. His experience of survival against all odds, along with his lineage as a purebred Corrupted Earth Variant, made Binurs into a devout follower of the Plaguebringer. Binurs became the clan's Plague Representative, dedicated to spreading Her worship and ideals. Binurs has joined what he sees as a holy pilgrimage to the Wyrmwound so as to hear the Plaguebringer's words and be a better servant to her. As a follower of the Plaguebringer, Binurs naturally fulfills Plague's ideals by being [b]Strong[/b] and [b]Experienced[/b] in the way of survival. However, Binurs is very [b]Hot-Headed[/b] - he lost his crush and potential mate to his rival due to his temper. He is also rather [b]Tactless[/b], as he considers politeness and niceties as a weakness to confront the brutal truth. For these reasons, Binurs is not very popular among the clan.
@N0B0DY I'd like to sign up please!

Player name: tigressRising
Character name: Binurs

18822430_350.png

Binurs was hatched in the Scarred Wasteland to a nomadic Plague clan that struggled to scrape out a living in the unforgiving land. When Binurs hatched he was stillborn, not reacting to any of his parents' touches or pleas. The clan gave him up for dead, and left his body to the scavengers while they packed their belongings and travelled to a new location with better hunting. However, Binurs was not dead. Despite all odds he managed to wake up and survive, dragging himself to the Sea of a Thousand Currents. There he was found and adopted into the Clan of Roaring Waters. His experience of survival against all odds, along with his lineage as a purebred Corrupted Earth Variant, made Binurs into a devout follower of the Plaguebringer. Binurs became the clan's Plague Representative, dedicated to spreading Her worship and ideals. Binurs has joined what he sees as a holy pilgrimage to the Wyrmwound so as to hear the Plaguebringer's words and be a better servant to her.

As a follower of the Plaguebringer, Binurs naturally fulfills Plague's ideals by being Strong and Experienced in the way of survival. However, Binurs is very Hot-Headed - he lost his crush and potential mate to his rival due to his temper. He is also rather Tactless, as he considers politeness and niceties as a weakness to confront the brutal truth. For these reasons, Binurs is not very popular among the clan.
Na5WGHa.png
@Hideki @LightHelco @tigressRising Thank you for your entries! I'll add them to the directory as soon as I'm back at a computer!
@Hideki @LightHelco @tigressRising Thank you for your entries! I'll add them to the directory as soon as I'm back at a computer!
yjJhTxB.pngnP8F9or.png
@N0B0DY Player: Cheshly Character: Mara [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34608291] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/346083/34608291_350.png[/img] [/url] Resourceful, Tactless, Knowledge of Plants Mara was born and raised in the land of plague. From the time she was young, she knew her destiney was to be a clan rep, and so she has taken this role very seriously. She explored her home diligently, and has taken many classes from her elders, learning all that she could before her new clan called. Her passion and pride for her home is evident in all that she does, though she admittedly has little emotional care for anything else. Many of her clanmates consider her tactless, in that other dragons wants or needs hardly register in her mind. It's not purposeful, though also not likely to change. Through her studies, Mara has collected quite the knowledge of plants. For her, there's something almost magical about those beautiful flowers that could kill with a single touch. She spends hours on end taking care of her sweet flora children, and consistently decorates her den with fresh foliage each week. However, her expertise does not end there. Living in a wasteland has taught Mara how to survive. She is respurceful beyond her years, able to find purpose in most things others consider trash. Though hoarding has become a problem, Mara feels the need to keep things just in case they may end up saving her life later on.
@N0B0DY
Player: Cheshly
Character: Mara

34608291_350.png

Resourceful, Tactless, Knowledge of Plants

Mara was born and raised in the land of plague. From the time she was young, she knew her destiney was to be a clan rep, and so she has taken this role very seriously. She explored her home diligently, and has taken many classes from her elders, learning all that she could before her new clan called. Her passion and pride for her home is evident in all that she does, though she admittedly has little emotional care for anything else. Many of her clanmates consider her tactless, in that other dragons wants or needs hardly register in her mind. It's not purposeful, though also not likely to change.

Through her studies, Mara has collected quite the knowledge of plants. For her, there's something almost magical about those beautiful flowers that could kill with a single touch. She spends hours on end taking care of her sweet flora children, and consistently decorates her den with fresh foliage each week. However, her expertise does not end there. Living in a wasteland has taught Mara how to survive. She is respurceful beyond her years, able to find purpose in most things others consider trash. Though hoarding has become a problem, Mara feels the need to keep things just in case they may end up saving her life later on.

Clan_Emblem_Cheshly.png

FR +3
She/Her
Clan Lore
Challenge Log
Wishlist & Goals
@N0B0DY Darwin: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36041310] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/360414/36041310_350.png[/img] [/url] Darwin is a dragon who is set to become exalted at the end of October. He is actually thrilled to serve his deity when the time comes. However, he also wanted to experience all of what the Plaguelands had to offer him before serving his deity. And taking this pilgrimage will allow him a lovely walk through his homeland. Darwin is rather unimpressive as dragons go, [b]lacking the strength and wisdom[/b] of dragons who are far older than himself. However he makes up for his lack of strength and wisdom with unfathomable [b]resourcefulness[/b]. he always finds a way to twist a bad situation into a good one through sheer [b]determination[/b] and [b]willpower[/b]. However, this sometimes doesn't do him much good when he [b]clumsily[/b] trips over his own feet, or is [b]naive[/b] and [b]trusting[/b] enough to believe anything which has been said to him.
@N0B0DY

Darwin:

36041310_350.png

Darwin is a dragon who is set to become exalted at the end of October. He is actually thrilled to serve his deity when the time comes. However, he also wanted to experience all of what the Plaguelands had to offer him before serving his deity. And taking this pilgrimage will allow him a lovely walk through his homeland.

Darwin is rather unimpressive as dragons go, lacking the strength and wisdom of dragons who are far older than himself. However he makes up for his lack of strength and wisdom with unfathomable resourcefulness. he always finds a way to twist a bad situation into a good one through sheer determination and willpower. However, this sometimes doesn't do him much good when he clumsily trips over his own feet, or is naive and trusting enough to believe anything which has been said to him.
want to learn about project egg? Click HERE!
draconequis_custom_banner_by_lightdragon777-d7qsnp5.gif
@N0B0DY Hm. There is one dragon who I think would make this trip. In general I'm not in the habit of making lists of strengths and weaknesses, but I admit that this isn't a character I've worked immensely on. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=82155][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/822/82155_350.png[/img][/url] Coccusione, occasionally known as 'Coccus' was formerly of a clan who'd arrange mating pairs to try bring about the strongest brood. If results were less than what they desired the pair was dissolved and hatchlings left to the likes of orphanages. She has since left that and taken up her own path. The Fae's focus is on fear, and how it can overcome many forms of strength. Sorry, I should probably work on her present in particular more. Namely whether it's some kind of charm (or magic paint on her wings...could go with that) that adds an extra supernatural effect to her efforts to incite fear. Coccusione remembers the offspring she was separated from, and makes this journey to honour the youngest of those exalted. So I'd like to know what you think about my attempts at pros and cons that don't necessarily adhere to the list. Coccus is of lone wolf inclinations, which is at once positive and negative in her case in that while she is independent and self-reliant, but she's also disinclined to working or interacting with others (beyond interactions involving hostility or fear-experimentation). The fear or intimidation factor I associate with her character I think is also a potential boon. On thinking further, I imagine she can keep a stony visage and not let her feelings show (I have trouble not seeing some of these ideas as simultaneously positive and negative, heh). I would infer that self-reliance means that she knows about what she can use in the wasteland for her needs (not sure whether it's plant knowledge or survival skills). If another negative is required to keep things balanced then I can remark that as a Fae she won't have much in the way of brawn. Sorry for not finding this sooner and I hope I don't cause too much inconvenience for not trying to discuss my ideas during pre-registration week. >.>; Let me know what needs adjusting.
@N0B0DY

Hm. There is one dragon who I think would make this trip. In general I'm not in the habit of making lists of strengths and weaknesses, but I admit that this isn't a character I've worked immensely on.

82155_350.png

Coccusione, occasionally known as 'Coccus' was formerly of a clan who'd arrange mating pairs to try bring about the strongest brood. If results were less than what they desired the pair was dissolved and hatchlings left to the likes of orphanages. She has since left that and taken up her own path. The Fae's focus is on fear, and how it can overcome many forms of strength.
Sorry, I should probably work on her present in particular more. Namely whether it's some kind of charm (or magic paint on her wings...could go with that) that adds an extra supernatural effect to her efforts to incite fear.

Coccusione remembers the offspring she was separated from, and makes this journey to honour the youngest of those exalted.

So I'd like to know what you think about my attempts at pros and cons that don't necessarily adhere to the list.

Coccus is of lone wolf inclinations, which is at once positive and negative in her case in that while she is independent and self-reliant, but she's also disinclined to working or interacting with others (beyond interactions involving hostility or fear-experimentation). The fear or intimidation factor I associate with her character I think is also a potential boon.

On thinking further, I imagine she can keep a stony visage and not let her feelings show (I have trouble not seeing some of these ideas as simultaneously positive and negative, heh).

I would infer that self-reliance means that she knows about what she can use in the wasteland for her needs (not sure whether it's plant knowledge or survival skills).

If another negative is required to keep things balanced then I can remark that as a Fae she won't have much in the way of brawn.

Sorry for not finding this sooner and I hope I don't cause too much inconvenience for not trying to discuss my ideas during pre-registration week. >.>;
Let me know what needs adjusting.
thvaFIy.gif merrilyn_stanzascale_100_by_dragonnmr-daepisq.gif Al57MeZ.pngpczVZcg.png5VYqqm9.pngPGOToAl.png CNCiTkT.png 2uXjxgw.png
@chesly @draconequis Excellent! They will be added as soon as I'm back at a computer!
@chesly @draconequis Excellent! They will be added as soon as I'm back at a computer!
yjJhTxB.pngnP8F9or.png
@Stanzascale I can work with that, no edits needed! My apologies for the grocery list- it is not my intention to make people shoehorn them in, more as an exercise to consider what makes your character unique, and more importantly to give me a quick reference for a few secret cues :) I've made some edits to the character guidelines to clarify this idea- let me know if it makes sense. [quote name="Stanzascale" date=2017-10-01 11:41:17] @N0B0DY Hm. There is one dragon who I think would make this trip. In general I'm not in the habit of making lists of strengths and weaknesses, but I admit that this isn't a character I've worked immensely on. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=82155][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/822/82155_350.png[/img][/url] Coccusione, occasionally known as 'Coccus' was formerly of a clan who'd arrange mating pairs to try bring about the strongest brood. If results were less than what they desired the pair was dissolved and hatchlings left to the likes of orphanages. She has since left that and taken up her own path. The Fae's focus is on fear, and how it can overcome many forms of strength. Sorry, I should probably work on her present in particular more. Namely whether it's some kind of charm (or magic paint on her wings...could go with that) that adds an extra supernatural effect to her efforts to incite fear. Coccusione remembers the offspring she was separated from, and makes this journey to honour the youngest of those exalted. So I'd like to know what you think about my attempts at pros and cons that don't necessarily adhere to the list. Coccus is of lone wolf inclinations, which is at once positive and negative in her case in that while she is independent and self-reliant, but she's also disinclined to working or interacting with others (beyond interactions involving hostility or fear-experimentation). The fear or intimidation factor I associate with her character I think is also a potential boon. On thinking further, I imagine she can keep a stony visage and not let her feelings show (I have trouble not seeing some of these ideas as simultaneously positive and negative, heh). I would infer that self-reliance means that she knows about what she can use in the wasteland for her needs (not sure whether it's plant knowledge or survival skills). If another negative is required to keep things balanced then I can remark that as a Fae she won't have much in the way of brawn. Sorry for not finding this sooner and I hope I don't cause too much inconvenience for not trying to discuss my ideas during pre-registration week. >.>; Let me know what needs adjusting. [/quote]
@Stanzascale I can work with that, no edits needed! My apologies for the grocery list- it is not my intention to make people shoehorn them in, more as an exercise to consider what makes your character unique, and more importantly to give me a quick reference for a few secret cues :)

I've made some edits to the character guidelines to clarify this idea- let me know if it makes sense.
Stanzascale wrote on 2017-10-01:
@N0B0DY

Hm. There is one dragon who I think would make this trip. In general I'm not in the habit of making lists of strengths and weaknesses, but I admit that this isn't a character I've worked immensely on.

82155_350.png

Coccusione, occasionally known as 'Coccus' was formerly of a clan who'd arrange mating pairs to try bring about the strongest brood. If results were less than what they desired the pair was dissolved and hatchlings left to the likes of orphanages. She has since left that and taken up her own path. The Fae's focus is on fear, and how it can overcome many forms of strength.
Sorry, I should probably work on her present in particular more. Namely whether it's some kind of charm (or magic paint on her wings...could go with that) that adds an extra supernatural effect to her efforts to incite fear.

Coccusione remembers the offspring she was separated from, and makes this journey to honour the youngest of those exalted.

So I'd like to know what you think about my attempts at pros and cons that don't necessarily adhere to the list.

Coccus is of lone wolf inclinations, which is at once positive and negative in her case in that while she is independent and self-reliant, but she's also disinclined to working or interacting with others (beyond interactions involving hostility or fear-experimentation). The fear or intimidation factor I associate with her character I think is also a potential boon.

On thinking further, I imagine she can keep a stony visage and not let her feelings show (I have trouble not seeing some of these ideas as simultaneously positive and negative, heh).

I would infer that self-reliance means that she knows about what she can use in the wasteland for her needs (not sure whether it's plant knowledge or survival skills).

If another negative is required to keep things balanced then I can remark that as a Fae she won't have much in the way of brawn.

Sorry for not finding this sooner and I hope I don't cause too much inconvenience for not trying to discuss my ideas during pre-registration week. >.>;
Let me know what needs adjusting.
yjJhTxB.pngnP8F9or.png
@N0B0DY Dragon: Vlad http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=101617&tab=dragon&did=18055049 [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=18055049] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/180551/18055049_350.png[/img] [/url] Vlad is currently serving as the Plague Prist in Clan Diamond Dust, an Ice clan living on the border of the Cloudscrape Crags and the The Fortress of Ends. The clan priests serve as representatives for the permanent clan members from their birth flights, bringing their issues to clan leadership and ensuring that their needs were met. As a result, he's very [b]experienced[/b] in dealing with different personalities and situations. Unfortuntely, he's a bit of a fraud. He's very good at his job, but lied to get it. The clan leaders had been looking for an "embodiment" of a Plague dragon when interviewing priests and obviously wanted someone devoted to the Plaguebringer, which he most certainly was not. Dreading the possibility of being exalted by his clan to serve the Plaguebringer, or being sent to another local tribe, he would have done anything to leave the Wasteland. So there was a lot of irony that he convinced his new clan leaders of his devotion to Plague so he could be the clan's priest. In truth, although he wasn't aware of it, his clans leaders weren't fooled but didn't care as long as he fulfilled his priestly duties. However, his mate was the issue... She IS the embodiement of a Plague dragon and would be more than a little disappointed in him to discover his "secret." And she's the reason he's even on this pilgrimage in the first place. When the clan leaders presented this opportunity to visit the home of The Plaguebringer, she declared that he should have the honor. Vlad tried to convince Pandemic that she was better suited to the journey and that he was needed at home for the Riot of Rot celebrations, but she insisted that she was too busy with the clan's trainees and that it had been too long since he had been to his homeland. Thus, Vlad is reluctantly traveling back to the Scarred Wasteland, a place he never wished to return, to impress his mate (or at least, not disappoint her). He was older and, hopefully, wiser now, but he still concerned about the journey. Vlad had spent as little time there as possible in his youth and it had been so long ago that he worried about having a [b]Poor Sense of Direction[/b] in the territory. He was also worried about how to "act" around his fellow travellers. When he initially joined Clan Diamond Dust, he had held himself aloof from other clan members, afraid that someone would find out his secret and declare him a fraud. That was his [i]plan[/i] for this trip too, although other dragons would probably interpret it as [b]shy[/b] (or maybe even stuck up). Fortunately, he was [b]resourceful[/b] and should be able to adapt to whatever this trip threw at him. Or so he hoped.
@N0B0DY

Dragon: Vlad http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=101617&tab=dragon&did=18055049

18055049_350.png

Vlad is currently serving as the Plague Prist in Clan Diamond Dust, an Ice clan living on the border of the Cloudscrape Crags and the The Fortress of Ends. The clan priests serve as representatives for the permanent clan members from their birth flights, bringing their issues to clan leadership and ensuring that their needs were met. As a result, he's very experienced in dealing with different personalities and situations.

Unfortuntely, he's a bit of a fraud. He's very good at his job, but lied to get it. The clan leaders had been looking for an "embodiment" of a Plague dragon when interviewing priests and obviously wanted someone devoted to the Plaguebringer, which he most certainly was not. Dreading the possibility of being exalted by his clan to serve the Plaguebringer, or being sent to another local tribe, he would have done anything to leave the Wasteland. So there was a lot of irony that he convinced his new clan leaders of his devotion to Plague so he could be the clan's priest. In truth, although he wasn't aware of it, his clans leaders weren't fooled but didn't care as long as he fulfilled his priestly duties. However, his mate was the issue...

She IS the embodiement of a Plague dragon and would be more than a little disappointed in him to discover his "secret." And she's the reason he's even on this pilgrimage in the first place. When the clan leaders presented this opportunity to visit the home of The Plaguebringer, she declared that he should have the honor. Vlad tried to convince Pandemic that she was better suited to the journey and that he was needed at home for the Riot of Rot celebrations, but she insisted that she was too busy with the clan's trainees and that it had been too long since he had been to his homeland.

Thus, Vlad is reluctantly traveling back to the Scarred Wasteland, a place he never wished to return, to impress his mate (or at least, not disappoint her). He was older and, hopefully, wiser now, but he still concerned about the journey. Vlad had spent as little time there as possible in his youth and it had been so long ago that he worried about having a Poor Sense of Direction in the territory. He was also worried about how to "act" around his fellow travellers. When he initially joined Clan Diamond Dust, he had held himself aloof from other clan members, afraid that someone would find out his secret and declare him a fraud. That was his plan for this trip too, although other dragons would probably interpret it as shy (or maybe even stuck up).

Fortunately, he was resourceful and should be able to adapt to whatever this trip threw at him. Or so he hoped.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 106 107