Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [LORE] True Love's First Kiss [REOPENED]
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37 38
@Kleptokitty

That's a good idea - I should probably put that on the front page somewhere!

She's very shy and timid who is easily led by others - in this case her friend Maggie. She knows what she herself wants to do, yet lets others decide what will happen even if she knows it's the wrong thing to do. In group conversations she'll be the one sat there not saying anything, smiling and nodding along and joining in the laughter, but never really knowing what to say herself. I guess you could call her somewhat anxious.

She has a dry sense of humour, yet has been getting along really well with the two twin spirals in my lair who live to wreak havoc. They have been trying to trick the 'new girl' and playing all sorts of pranks on her, which usually annoys everyone, yet she finds them quite sweet and joins in with them sometimes. I personally see this as her trying to escape her troubles - they take her mind off of it.

Another thing, she's quite clever. She doesn't have a profession and is currently trying to decide what's best for her - she's certainly no warrior, but she likes flicking between the various jobs around the lair, from helping look after the hatchlings (perhaps out of necessity here) and from watching our resident witch and mage with their spells and potions (who are now incidentally trying to solve her curse themselves) or to studying Copal with her experiments. Perhaps meeting so many mates might help her decide?

@Kleptokitty

That's a good idea - I should probably put that on the front page somewhere!

She's very shy and timid who is easily led by others - in this case her friend Maggie. She knows what she herself wants to do, yet lets others decide what will happen even if she knows it's the wrong thing to do. In group conversations she'll be the one sat there not saying anything, smiling and nodding along and joining in the laughter, but never really knowing what to say herself. I guess you could call her somewhat anxious.

She has a dry sense of humour, yet has been getting along really well with the two twin spirals in my lair who live to wreak havoc. They have been trying to trick the 'new girl' and playing all sorts of pranks on her, which usually annoys everyone, yet she finds them quite sweet and joins in with them sometimes. I personally see this as her trying to escape her troubles - they take her mind off of it.

Another thing, she's quite clever. She doesn't have a profession and is currently trying to decide what's best for her - she's certainly no warrior, but she likes flicking between the various jobs around the lair, from helping look after the hatchlings (perhaps out of necessity here) and from watching our resident witch and mage with their spells and potions (who are now incidentally trying to solve her curse themselves) or to studying Copal with her experiments. Perhaps meeting so many mates might help her decide?

mWb40Sz.png ° Loreka :: FR +8
° Hatchery
° True Love Lore
° Dom Shop
° Cauldron
° Wishlist
p1pwDi9.png d5DfzOU.png
@Loreka Oh! Thank you! That's certainly more than three sentences, helpful certainly! I'm also quite happy that I was able to provide you the idea of a personality description for Skif :D

I'll be picking a male for Skif and writing their meetup soon!
@Loreka Oh! Thank you! That's certainly more than three sentences, helpful certainly! I'm also quite happy that I was able to provide you the idea of a personality description for Skif :D

I'll be picking a male for Skif and writing their meetup soon!
?t57px=platform.png?t5LP0=platform.png?t5xG6=platform.png
[font=cambria]@Loreka - You may alter and edit this lore entry as much as you like, you can even just fully scrap the idea. Also, apologies for any grammatical errors or lore-based errors. Like I said, you may edit this lore to your liking.[/font] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=dragon&id=288653&did=26714160][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/267142/26714160_350.png[/img][/url][/center] [size=4][font=cambria]Skif sighed heavily as she watched the sun dip behind the mountains, turning the blue sky to a dreamy lilac. The pale Fae had her frills drooping down at the side of her cheeks, 'Will he even arrive?' she thought to herself sadly. Immediately after her doubtful thoughts, rustling broke the lonely silence and from within the bushes a crystalline Fae walked out. His amber eyes darted all over the clearing before landing on Skif. His frills immediately perked up and he respectfully dipped his head to her. "Skif?" he asked, though he quite clearly knew that it was indeed her. The petite dragoness nodded shyly - she was not used to dragons showing such a gesture of respect towards her. The tan Fae brought himself back up and took a few steps toward Skif. "I'm Oscar, a professional archer and hunter within my clan - as you already know I've come to break your curse" He chirped proudly, his frills elegantly displayed. Skif took a few uncomfortable steps back as Oscar seemed to overwhelm her. "T-that's nice!" she attempted to sound as enthusiastic as she could, but this dragon - though very formal and proper - is too much for her. 'He isn't the one' she thought silently to herself as doubts began to pierce the hope in her heart. Oscar had been observing Skif and noticed her discomfort right away. "Oh, sorry! I probably shouldn't get that close on the first encounter" he mumbled awkwardly. Skif gave a small laugh and shook her head "It's fine." she said quietly, her voice almost a soft whisper. Oscar desperately glanced around the small clearing for an ice-breaker to their awkward conversation. 'C'mon! You practiced with Azoth - pride and power wins every lady!' he reminded himself forcefully. Suddenly, Oscar remembered what he had planned for their meeting (and what had taken him so long to arrive). He swiftly padded to the edge of the clearing and narrowed his eyes to slits as he attempted to see the place. He gave a frustrated snort before turning back to Skif. The dream-like pale Fae had been watching Oscar with unhidden confusion. Oscar nodded for her to come "Come with me, I had something prepared for you" he explained as his wings lifted him off the forest floor. Skif hesitantly followed him closely, staying silent throughout the short journey to "the spot". When they had finally arrived Skif's jaw dropped in awe, her pale yellow eyes glistening as she took in the sight. They had flown over the forest and were now at the edge of a meadow that had beautiful heather growing for miles on end. at the end of the heather was a small clearing where a tree stump was covered by a small cloth, two diner plates and a small transparent vase with a rose in the middle. Next to the tree stump was a basket from which mouth-watering smells drifted off. But, behind the small stump and meadow was a huge cherry blossom which had it's branches and trunk covered in faerie lights. Skif's eyes swelled up with tears "It's beautiful" she whispered, trying hard not to choke. Oscar gave an embarrassed smile "I heard about a prince coming to break the spell - I'm sure this is nothing compared to what he had done". Skif crossly glanced at him "Don't you compare yourself to others! This is amazing, no one has ever done such for me. It's truly beautiful" she ranted, the scolding soon becoming an overflow of compliments and gratitude. Oscar was listening intently, but with every word his petite face grew pinker and pinker. Skif smiled shyly and broke out into small giggling. "Your face is almost completely pink!" she pointed out "it's cute..." she added quietly to herself, but Oscar smiled happily as he heard the silent whisper. 'I think... I will break the curse...' he thought hopefully. Oscar gestured towards to tree stump table, "Shall we?" He asked politely. Skif nodded, eagerly padding down towards the table and sitting down. Oscar took his place opposite her. "I had prepared a cake for us, it's the reason why I was late, you see. I decided to bake it right before arriving, seeing as it tastes the best when it's warm and newly baked." He explained as he took out a small cake from the basket. "So that's what smelled absolutely delicious!" Skif exclaimed as the scents she previously had scented were even stronger now. Oscar took out a small knife from the basket and cut the cake in the center. He then proceeded to place a piece each in his and Skif's plate. Skif couldn't hold back and dug into the mouth-watering cake. The cake was spongy, yet crispy at the same time. She swallowed down the piece and immediately downed another one. "This tastes fantastic! What is it?" she asked as she proceeded to stuff mouthfuls of the cake. Oscar gave a small chuckled before tapping the side of his nose "It's a secret! But, if you'd really like to know, it's my mother's recipe. She's a cake extraordinaire, Sornieth's best baker! She created a new recipe to which only her and I know the steps to." he explained, watching Skif with pride. The pale Fae nodded, "That must be really fun having a mother who's a baker" Oscar shrugged at the reply. The two then exchanged gossip, laughed for hours and talked about each other's interests. The sun has fully set by now, and the moon was beginning to rise - revealing stars which glistened over the Faes' heads. Finally, Skif decided to ask about the beautifully decorated cherry blossom. "So, what's this about?" She asked, pointing to the tree. Oscar stood up and padded up to the cherry blossom before sitting down underneath it and patting the floor - a gesture showing Skif to sit beside him. She obeyed and sat close to him, watching the glowing cherry blossom in awe. "Skif, I really like you..." The small Fae was brought back to reality by Oscar's soft voice. "I think I might even love you." The words echoed in Skif's head. Suddenly doubt and fear collapsed over her, she fell down, her paws over her head in fear. Oscar jumped and rushed over beside her. "Skif! Are you okay?" He asked as the dragoness trembled under his paws. "What if you aren't the one? I don't want to hurt you!"she cried out finally. Oscar's heart sank, "What... do you mean? Don't you feel the same way?" he asked, begging for his ears to be playing tricks on him. Skif looked up at Oscar, shaking her head "No, I do love you! I feel the exact same way and more!" She said as tears ran down her fragile cheeks. "Then the curse can be broken! If we feel the same way, isn't that the sign of something true?" Oscar pleaded. Skif looked down at her paws, tears trickling down and dropping onto the floor. Oscar lifted her head and placed his lips onto hers, embracing a strong kiss between the two. After a few moments, Oscar drew away and looked at Skif hopefully. The Fae, however, had a paw over her mouth and tears continuing to flow from her moon-like eyes. Oscar's heart shattered to pieces. "It didn't work..." He whispered dreadfully. He grabbed Skif's hand and pulled her closer into a tight hug. "I'm sorry Skif, I really thought I'd be the one" He choked on the words. Skif attempted a reply, but her words came out in chokes and sobs. Hours seemed to pass by. The two were no longer sobbing, instead they sat in silent numbness, still embraced in their hug. Oscar was the first to speak, "Skif... I-I... Sorry..." Skif shook her head, her eyes gazing into the distance. "It's not your fault, it's my fault I have this wretched curse in the first place..." Oscar put his head in his hands, debating with himself on what to do. Then finally, he got a thought. Oscar sat up straight and brought Skif to sit upright too. He gazed into her eyes, both of their gazes reflected nothing but grief. "Skif, listen. I'm not the one, this means you have to continue your journey to find the one who's truly your true love. But... I can't survive without having a piece of you... Skif, will you have hatchlings with me? I will raise one with me and have a piece of you forever. I love you too much to let you go without having something for me to remember you by." Oscar finished with him holding back a sob, his voice was croaky and hoarse from the crying earlier. Skif was silent for a few moments, then suddenly, she nodded. "Yes, I will have hatchlings with you, Oscar. Just... promise me to bring them up with love and care." Oscar nodded, bringing Skif in their last ever hug. "I will take care of them".[/size] [center] [size=5]The spell-check is finished and I am content with the outcome! This little lore piece can now be used - since it's finished.[/size][/font][/center]
@Loreka - You may alter and edit this lore entry as much as you like, you can even just fully scrap the idea. Also, apologies for any grammatical errors or lore-based errors.
Like I said, you may edit this lore to your liking.

26714160_350.png

Skif sighed heavily as she watched the sun dip behind the mountains, turning the blue sky to a dreamy lilac. The pale Fae had her frills drooping down at the side of her cheeks, 'Will he even arrive?' she thought to herself sadly. Immediately after her doubtful thoughts, rustling broke the lonely silence and from within the bushes a crystalline Fae walked out. His amber eyes darted all over the clearing before landing on Skif. His frills immediately perked up and he respectfully dipped his head to her. "Skif?" he asked, though he quite clearly knew that it was indeed her. The petite dragoness nodded shyly - she was not used to dragons showing such a gesture of respect towards her.

The tan Fae brought himself back up and took a few steps toward Skif. "I'm Oscar, a professional archer and hunter within my clan - as you already know I've come to break your curse" He chirped proudly, his frills elegantly displayed. Skif took a few uncomfortable steps back as Oscar seemed to overwhelm her. "T-that's nice!" she attempted to sound as enthusiastic as she could, but this dragon - though very formal and proper - is too much for her. 'He isn't the one' she thought silently to herself as doubts began to pierce the hope in her heart.

Oscar had been observing Skif and noticed her discomfort right away. "Oh, sorry! I probably shouldn't get that close on the first encounter" he mumbled awkwardly. Skif gave a small laugh and shook her head "It's fine." she said quietly, her voice almost a soft whisper.

Oscar desperately glanced around the small clearing for an ice-breaker to their awkward conversation. 'C'mon! You practiced with Azoth - pride and power wins every lady!' he reminded himself forcefully.

Suddenly, Oscar remembered what he had planned for their meeting (and what had taken him so long to arrive). He swiftly padded to the edge of the clearing and narrowed his eyes to slits as he attempted to see the place. He gave a frustrated snort before turning back to Skif. The dream-like pale Fae had been watching Oscar with unhidden confusion. Oscar nodded for her to come "Come with me, I had something prepared for you" he explained as his wings lifted him off the forest floor.

Skif hesitantly followed him closely, staying silent throughout the short journey to "the spot". When they had finally arrived Skif's jaw dropped in awe, her pale yellow eyes glistening as she took in the sight. They had flown over the forest and were now at the edge of a meadow that had beautiful heather growing for miles on end. at the end of the heather was a small clearing where a tree stump was covered by a small cloth, two diner plates and a small transparent vase with a rose in the middle. Next to the tree stump was a basket from which mouth-watering smells drifted off. But, behind the small stump and meadow was a huge cherry blossom which had it's branches and trunk covered in faerie lights.

Skif's eyes swelled up with tears "It's beautiful" she whispered, trying hard not to choke. Oscar gave an embarrassed smile "I heard about a prince coming to break the spell - I'm sure this is nothing compared to what he had done". Skif crossly glanced at him "Don't you compare yourself to others! This is amazing, no one has ever done such for me. It's truly beautiful" she ranted, the scolding soon becoming an overflow of compliments and gratitude. Oscar was listening intently, but with every word his petite face grew pinker and pinker.

Skif smiled shyly and broke out into small giggling. "Your face is almost completely pink!" she pointed out "it's cute..." she added quietly to herself, but Oscar smiled happily as he heard the silent whisper. 'I think... I will break the curse...' he thought hopefully.

Oscar gestured towards to tree stump table, "Shall we?" He asked politely. Skif nodded, eagerly padding down towards the table and sitting down. Oscar took his place opposite her. "I had prepared a cake for us, it's the reason why I was late, you see. I decided to bake it right before arriving, seeing as it tastes the best when it's warm and newly baked." He explained as he took out a small cake from the basket. "So that's what smelled absolutely delicious!" Skif exclaimed as the scents she previously had scented were even stronger now.

Oscar took out a small knife from the basket and cut the cake in the center. He then proceeded to place a piece each in his and Skif's plate. Skif couldn't hold back and dug into the mouth-watering cake. The cake was spongy, yet crispy at the same time. She swallowed down the piece and immediately downed another one. "This tastes fantastic! What is it?" she asked as she proceeded to stuff mouthfuls of the cake. Oscar gave a small chuckled before tapping the side of his nose "It's a secret! But, if you'd really like to know, it's my mother's recipe. She's a cake extraordinaire, Sornieth's best baker! She created a new recipe to which only her and I know the steps to." he explained, watching Skif with pride. The pale Fae nodded, "That must be really fun having a mother who's a baker" Oscar shrugged at the reply.

The two then exchanged gossip, laughed for hours and talked about each other's interests. The sun has fully set by now, and the moon was beginning to rise - revealing stars which glistened over the Faes' heads.

Finally, Skif decided to ask about the beautifully decorated cherry blossom. "So, what's this about?" She asked, pointing to the tree. Oscar stood up and padded up to the cherry blossom before sitting down underneath it and patting the floor - a gesture showing Skif to sit beside him. She obeyed and sat close to him, watching the glowing cherry blossom in awe.

"Skif, I really like you..." The small Fae was brought back to reality by Oscar's soft voice. "I think I might even love you." The words echoed in Skif's head. Suddenly doubt and fear collapsed over her, she fell down, her paws over her head in fear.

Oscar jumped and rushed over beside her. "Skif! Are you okay?" He asked as the dragoness trembled under his paws. "What if you aren't the one? I don't want to hurt you!"she cried out finally. Oscar's heart sank, "What... do you mean? Don't you feel the same way?" he asked, begging for his ears to be playing tricks on him.

Skif looked up at Oscar, shaking her head "No, I do love you! I feel the exact same way and more!" She said as tears ran down her fragile cheeks. "Then the curse can be broken! If we feel the same way, isn't that the sign of something true?" Oscar pleaded. Skif looked down at her paws, tears trickling down and dropping onto the floor.

Oscar lifted her head and placed his lips onto hers, embracing a strong kiss between the two. After a few moments, Oscar drew away and looked at Skif hopefully.

The Fae, however, had a paw over her mouth and tears continuing to flow from her moon-like eyes. Oscar's heart shattered to pieces. "It didn't work..." He whispered dreadfully. He grabbed Skif's hand and pulled her closer into a tight hug. "I'm sorry Skif, I really thought I'd be the one" He choked on the words. Skif attempted a reply, but her words came out in chokes and sobs.

Hours seemed to pass by. The two were no longer sobbing, instead they sat in silent numbness, still embraced in their hug.

Oscar was the first to speak, "Skif... I-I... Sorry..." Skif shook her head, her eyes gazing into the distance. "It's not your fault, it's my fault I have this wretched curse in the first place..." Oscar put his head in his hands, debating with himself on what to do. Then finally, he got a thought.

Oscar sat up straight and brought Skif to sit upright too. He gazed into her eyes, both of their gazes reflected nothing but grief. "Skif, listen. I'm not the one, this means you have to continue your journey to find the one who's truly your true love. But... I can't survive without having a piece of you... Skif, will you have hatchlings with me? I will raise one with me and have a piece of you forever. I love you too much to let you go without having something for me to remember you by." Oscar finished with him holding back a sob, his voice was croaky and hoarse from the crying earlier.

Skif was silent for a few moments, then suddenly, she nodded. "Yes, I will have hatchlings with you, Oscar. Just... promise me to bring them up with love and care." Oscar nodded, bringing Skif in their last ever hug. "I will take care of them".

The spell-check is finished and I am content with the outcome! This little lore piece can now be used - since it's finished.
@Kleptokitty
And so, a lowly hunter made a prince look wildly, pitifully inadequate. XD
Well done.

He's gorgeous, by the way.
@Kleptokitty
And so, a lowly hunter made a prince look wildly, pitifully inadequate. XD
Well done.

He's gorgeous, by the way.
J38Qco1.pngP6JoUOV.png9qpbqeR.png
@Kleptokitty

Oh wow I love it! I got a bit emotional! I won't be editing any of it! So many exclamation marks!

I really want Oscar to be Skif's true love now though :(
@Kleptokitty

Oh wow I love it! I got a bit emotional! I won't be editing any of it! So many exclamation marks!

I really want Oscar to be Skif's true love now though :(
° Hatchery
° True Love Lore
° Dom Shop
° Cauldron
° Wishlist
p1pwDi9.png d5DfzOU.png
@Kimmeh79

They had two eggs!
@Kimmeh79

They had two eggs!
° Hatchery
° True Love Lore
° Dom Shop
° Cauldron
° Wishlist
p1pwDi9.png d5DfzOU.png
@Loreka yay :D
@Loreka yay :D
water_by_coloradoblues-db6uzgy.png Isi32aq.png 2119hxy.gif
@Paladinengineer

Thank you so much, and I'm sure your Prince would've done an outstanding job of wooing Skif if he really wanted to xD

@Loreka Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it! I was a bit worried that it might be too dramatic or sad since Oscar is just the 3rd or 4th contestant for Skif's heart.
@Paladinengineer

Thank you so much, and I'm sure your Prince would've done an outstanding job of wooing Skif if he really wanted to xD

@Loreka Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it! I was a bit worried that it might be too dramatic or sad since Oscar is just the 3rd or 4th contestant for Skif's heart.
I'll also be doing the spell-check now~!
I'll also be doing the spell-check now~!
@Kimmeh79 @Kleptokitty

Skif and Alexavier have hatched their nest! Two hatchlings this time - i'm amazed they had a nocturne! The fae is very similar to Skif but the nocturne is rather unfortunate in the genes yet amazing colours - with a gene change he could look rather handsome! Kimmeh you get first pick before I offer them to others. If neither of you want one I'll be giving them away on adopt forums.

I'm thinking of changing Skifs poison to something else to give hatchlings a better chance of looking pretty. Klepto if you would prefer her to remain with poison I can wait until they've had their nest before changing. If you'd both like to play with scries that would be useful too! Preferably no gem genes as I can't afford one just yet and i'd rather use my gems on dragons in the hatchery.
@Kimmeh79 @Kleptokitty

Skif and Alexavier have hatched their nest! Two hatchlings this time - i'm amazed they had a nocturne! The fae is very similar to Skif but the nocturne is rather unfortunate in the genes yet amazing colours - with a gene change he could look rather handsome! Kimmeh you get first pick before I offer them to others. If neither of you want one I'll be giving them away on adopt forums.

I'm thinking of changing Skifs poison to something else to give hatchlings a better chance of looking pretty. Klepto if you would prefer her to remain with poison I can wait until they've had their nest before changing. If you'd both like to play with scries that would be useful too! Preferably no gem genes as I can't afford one just yet and i'd rather use my gems on dragons in the hatchery.
° Hatchery
° True Love Lore
° Dom Shop
° Cauldron
° Wishlist
p1pwDi9.png d5DfzOU.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... 37 38