Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [BBash] Dressup Contest {RP OPEN}
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[quote=Myriad]Flameforger's was fantastic. The scents of the night market, the glow of deep flames, the weight of searing embers in Myriad's hand - all of it had been downright unforgettable. But suffice to say, after a long flight back home to the Starwood Strand, even the infamously energetic Myriad was all tuckered out. Today, she had decided, was going to be a calm day, spent over a book with a cup of tea. She lifted her fins happily as she turned to her favorite chapter in the clan library's oldest biography, raising her cup to her lips, preparing to sink into the text - "You know today is when the Bash starts, right?" If only spit-taking was a sport. Myriad could beat most guardians. Her bewildered pink eyes fixed on Lithian's red, skull-masked ones, only growing more confused as the lapis imperial tilted their head. "What? I figure you've got it under control, you've been planning this for [i]aaaages[/i] with Clementina. But you looked awful ready to take a nap, so I thought I'd remind yo-" When Lithian blinked a gain, Myriad was gone, tea and book alike abandoned, and a high pitched fae shriek was echoing from the hallway. [/quote] [img]https://s20.postimg.org/gewlsln7x/final_day.png[/img] [img]https://s20.postimg.org/d0yges34d/divider_2.png[/img] [columns][img]https://s20.postimg.org/acoz23yrx/divider_3.png[/img][nextcol]Oh! Uh... Hi there, cutie pie! The name's Clementina, and I'm the host of Sornieth's first annual Baldwin Bash Dressup Contest! Grab your measuring tape and your prettiest clanmates, and prepare to work it like you never have before! Alchemy is an art form that crisscrosses mediums like nobody's business, known across Sornieth for its capacity to create not only weird mucks but food, tools, spell components, and life itself... And, most importantly, mad styles. How does it work? Easy! Each day, a new theme will be announced, and you will have until rollover to post your outfit inspired by this theme. Now here's the trick - [b]every outfit must include at least one apparel item created via alchemy![/b] To qualify for prizes, you must also use the specific item category that is announced with the daily theme. When you think you've perfected your look, slap it on a mannequin or model of your choice, save it with the same name as the daily theme, and post it via widget in this here thread! Be sure to ping me, so we judge-folk can determine which alchemist has the best style in Sornieth. And, uh... pardon the mess. Inspiration is a snap, but real style takes time, sugarplum! Pardon the frazzled fae, too, for that matter... Just - ignore the fae. Ignore the fae. Eyes on the bogsneak, sweetie. [center][b]Ready? Set? [i]Strut![/i][/b][/center][/columns] [center] [img]https://s20.postimg.org/d0yges34d/divider_2.png[/img]
Myriad wrote:
Flameforger's was fantastic. The scents of the night market, the glow of deep flames, the weight of searing embers in Myriad's hand - all of it had been downright unforgettable. But suffice to say, after a long flight back home to the Starwood Strand, even the infamously energetic Myriad was all tuckered out. Today, she had decided, was going to be a calm day, spent over a book with a cup of tea. She lifted her fins happily as she turned to her favorite chapter in the clan library's oldest biography, raising her cup to her lips, preparing to sink into the text -

"You know today is when the Bash starts, right?"

If only spit-taking was a sport. Myriad could beat most guardians.

Her bewildered pink eyes fixed on Lithian's red, skull-masked ones, only growing more confused as the lapis imperial tilted their head. "What? I figure you've got it under control, you've been planning this for aaaages with Clementina. But you looked awful ready to take a nap, so I thought I'd remind yo-"

When Lithian blinked a gain, Myriad was gone, tea and book alike abandoned, and a high pitched fae shriek was echoing from the hallway.

final_day.png

divider_2.png

divider_3.png Oh! Uh... Hi there, cutie pie! The name's Clementina, and I'm the host of Sornieth's first annual Baldwin Bash Dressup Contest! Grab your measuring tape and your prettiest clanmates, and prepare to work it like you never have before!

Alchemy is an art form that crisscrosses mediums like nobody's business, known across Sornieth for its capacity to create not only weird mucks but food, tools, spell components, and life itself... And, most importantly, mad styles.

How does it work? Easy! Each day, a new theme will be announced, and you will have until rollover to post your outfit inspired by this theme. Now here's the trick - every outfit must include at least one apparel item created via alchemy! To qualify for prizes, you must also use the specific item category that is announced with the daily theme.

When you think you've perfected your look, slap it on a mannequin or model of your choice, save it with the same name as the daily theme, and post it via widget in this here thread! Be sure to ping me, so we judge-folk can determine which alchemist has the best style in Sornieth.

And, uh... pardon the mess. Inspiration is a snap, but real style takes time, sugarplum! Pardon the frazzled fae, too, for that matter... Just - ignore the fae. Ignore the fae. Eyes on the bogsneak, sweetie.

Ready? Set? Strut!
divider_2.png
I need a new signature.
[center][size=5][b]How To Enter[/b][/size][/center] Entering is easy! Once you've designed your winning look in the Dressing Room, save it with the same title as the daily theme, then post it as a widget in this thread, pinging the contest runner (yours truly!). You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to include roleplaying in your posts. Nothing gets those juices flowing like character development, and nothing spruces up an event like the personal flair of your clan's actual designers! That, and the most devoted roleplayers may find themselves with something special at the end of the Bash... Here's a delightful template you can use for that end. [img]https://s20.postimg.org/d0yges34d/divider_2.png[/img] @luminousnoble [b]Username:[/b] luminousnoble [b]Day of Entry:[/b] Sunday [b]Theme Item Used:[/b] Obsidian Roundhorn [center][outfit=160918][/center] I made this outfit based on the idea of a loner alchemist who thinks he's too good for stylechemy, but has been forced into the role by a clan leader hungry for art. It's like, the other guys just don't [i]get[/i] him, you know? [i]Alternatively,[/i] The perky spiral's model companion is... dramatically less enthusiastic than she is. Still, the outfit she's designed for him is as grim and broody as he is, which she happily points out. "I really wanted this look to reflect [i]us[/i], you know? Our partnership, of style and... uh... whatever it is he has." She laughs nervously, wriggling a bit as if biting back the urge to start flying into knots. "So yeah! Gareth, work it, come on!" Gareth stares straight at the nervous fae and the hooded bogsneak, squints, and then walks right off the haphazardly-constructed stage. [img]https://s20.postimg.org/d0yges34d/divider_2.png[/img] [code]@luminousnoble [b]Username:[/b] [b]Day of Entry:[/b] [b]Theme Item Used:[/b] Just put N/A if you didn't use one. [center] [outfit=XXXX] [/center] Commentary or roleplaying, if you have any, goes here![/code] [center][size=5][b]The Winning Outfits[/b][/size][/center] [columns][center]Sunday: Stylechemy Initiate[/center] [outfit=161336] [nextcol][center]Monday: Natural Flair[/center] [outfit=161528] [nextcol][center]Tuesday: Practical Aesthetic[/center] [outfit=162819] [/columns] [center][size=3]Wednesday: Alchemist's Gala[/size][/center] [center][outfit=164706][outfit=164717][outfit=164761][/center] [columns][center]Thursday: Dangerously Beautiful [outfit=165383][/center] [nextcol][center]Friday: Travel Stylechemy [outfit=166538][/center] [nextcol][center]Saturday: Masters of Stylechemy[/center] [outfit=167821] [/columns]
How To Enter

Entering is easy! Once you've designed your winning look in the Dressing Room, save it with the same title as the daily theme, then post it as a widget in this thread, pinging the contest runner (yours truly!).

You are strongly encouraged, but not required, to include roleplaying in your posts. Nothing gets those juices flowing like character development, and nothing spruces up an event like the personal flair of your clan's actual designers! That, and the most devoted roleplayers may find themselves with something special at the end of the Bash...

Here's a delightful template you can use for that end.

divider_2.png

@luminousnoble

Username: luminousnoble

Day of Entry: Sunday

Theme Item Used: Obsidian Roundhorn
Not Found

I made this outfit based on the idea of a loner alchemist who thinks he's too good for stylechemy, but has been forced into the role by a clan leader hungry for art. It's like, the other guys just don't get him, you know?

Alternatively,

The perky spiral's model companion is... dramatically less enthusiastic than she is. Still, the outfit she's designed for him is as grim and broody as he is, which she happily points out. "I really wanted this look to reflect us, you know? Our partnership, of style and... uh... whatever it is he has." She laughs nervously, wriggling a bit as if biting back the urge to start flying into knots. "So yeah! Gareth, work it, come on!"

Gareth stares straight at the nervous fae and the hooded bogsneak, squints, and then walks right off the haphazardly-constructed stage.

divider_2.png

Code:
@luminousnoble [b]Username:[/b] [b]Day of Entry:[/b] [b]Theme Item Used:[/b] Just put N/A if you didn't use one. [center] [outfit=XXXX] [/center] Commentary or roleplaying, if you have any, goes here!

The Winning Outfits

Sunday: Stylechemy Initiate
crimson queen
Monday: Natural Flair
Natural Flair
Tuesday: Practical Aesthetic
Practical Aesthetic
Wednesday: Alchemist's Gala
Gala
Not Found
Not Found
Thursday: Dangerously Beautiful
Dangerously Beautiful
Friday: Travel Stylechemy
Travel Stylechemy
Saturday: Masters of Stylechemy
Masters of Stylechemy
I need a new signature.
[size=1][center][size=5][b]Prizes[/b][/size][/center] [s]What's a good contest without prizes? Naturally, the best designers will be handsomely rewarded... with clothes! We have prepared the entire kit and kaboodle of each day's theme items, and will reward their best includer with that item set! Wardrobe fully stocked? Not to worry! Each daily winner will also receive one handsomely-clad adopt crafted with love by Whispia and Arqam of the Luminous Raconteurs, of their well-dressed model or any other dragon they choose! [b]So, to summarize, when a daily winner is chosen they will receive a set of alchemy clothing relating to the daily theme, as well as an adopt drawn by the contest runner![/b] Additionally, entering at all gives you a special something from our clan's beloved, flirtatious messenger, Zetyr! It's just a box of alchemical components, but it's something, sweet pea. For every consecutive day you enter, those components get nicer and nicer, though~![/s][/size] Well, that bit's done! Well done, everyone. Now it's RAFFLE TIME! For every post you made boasting roleplaying from Thursday onwards, and for a maximum of one posts now, you'll receive one raffle ticket! We'll draw all six winners, in order, through RNG [b]on Wednesday[/b], so be sure to get one last prod at our darling messenger in before then. If you win, you just say which reward you want. Easy! Second place lists their two desired rewards in order of burning need, third place lists their three desired rewards in order of burning need, and so on and so forth. However, if you don't claim a reward within 24 hours, you get dropped from the list and we draw a new victor for sixth place. You can still be drawn again, though! [img]https://s20.postimg.org/d0yges34d/divider_2.png[/img] [quote=Raffle Prizes][center][item=Crown of Bones] [item=Spiral Daze][/center] [center][b][i]You could have THESE ITEMS![/i][/b][/center] [center][url=http://postimg.org/image/h6wu4bd8p/][img]https://s20.postimg.org/h6wu4bd8p/myriad_adopt.png[/img][/url][url=http://postimg.org/image/nii9dfwsp/][img]https://s20.postimg.org/nii9dfwsp/graham_adopt.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][b][i]Those could be YOUR DRAGONS![/i][/b][/center] [center][url=https://s20.postimg.org/ey4bnaw25/aigokeros.png][img]https://s20.postimg.org/3r63gc0r1/WHFDBH.png[/img][/url][/center] [center][b][i]That could be YOUR CHARACTER!![/i][/b][/center] [center][b][i]You can even win a 1k word bio or drabble for your clan by yours truly![/i][/b][/center][/quote] [quote=Entry Gifts] [center][item=Rose Quartz] [item=Red Goo] [item=Maroon Neck Wrap] [b][i]Will they all match? Well, of course, darling! Who do you think we are?[/i][/b] [/quote] [img]https://s20.postimg.org/d0yges34d/divider_2.png[/img] [center][size=5][b]Pinglist[/b][/size][/center] [center]@Raccoongirl @WarriorMaiden @SaiKae @LucidWhispers @WaverVelvet @Saraceaser @TheSquishyKing @skyeofdragons @UnicornCrazy @Eialyne @Lemonsinasoup @Nighttyger @heartcrusher1 [/center]
Prizes

What's a good contest without prizes? Naturally, the best designers will be handsomely rewarded... with clothes! We have prepared the entire kit and kaboodle of each day's theme items, and will reward their best includer with that item set! Wardrobe fully stocked? Not to worry! Each daily winner will also receive one handsomely-clad adopt crafted with love by Whispia and Arqam of the Luminous Raconteurs, of their well-dressed model or any other dragon they choose!

So, to summarize, when a daily winner is chosen they will receive a set of alchemy clothing relating to the daily theme, as well as an adopt drawn by the contest runner!

Additionally, entering at all gives you a special something from our clan's beloved, flirtatious messenger, Zetyr! It's just a box of alchemical components, but it's something, sweet pea. For every consecutive day you enter, those components get nicer and nicer, though~!

Well, that bit's done! Well done, everyone. Now it's RAFFLE TIME! For every post you made boasting roleplaying from Thursday onwards, and for a maximum of one posts now, you'll receive one raffle ticket! We'll draw all six winners, in order, through RNG on Wednesday, so be sure to get one last prod at our darling messenger in before then.

If you win, you just say which reward you want. Easy! Second place lists their two desired rewards in order of burning need, third place lists their three desired rewards in order of burning need, and so on and so forth. However, if you don't claim a reward within 24 hours, you get dropped from the list and we draw a new victor for sixth place. You can still be drawn again, though!

divider_2.png
Raffle Prizes wrote:
Crown of Bones Spiral Daze
You could have THESE ITEMS!

myriad_adopt.pnggraham_adopt.png
Those could be YOUR DRAGONS!

WHFDBH.png
That could be YOUR CHARACTER!!

You can even win a 1k word bio or drabble for your clan by yours truly!
Quote:
Rose Quartz Red Goo Maroon Neck Wrap

Will they all match? Well, of course, darling! Who do you think we are?
divider_2.png
Pinglist

I need a new signature.
Edit: @luminousnoble I have a great memory

Username: Raccoongirl

Theme Item Used: Glowing Blue Clawtips

Stylechemy Initiative

This outfit is designed for a water fairy, royalty, or flight representative.
Edit: @luminousnoble I have a great memory

Username: Raccoongirl

Theme Item Used: Glowing Blue Clawtips

Stylechemy Initiative

This outfit is designed for a water fairy, royalty, or flight representative.
Stylechemy Initiate @luminousnoble [b]Username:[/b] WarriorMaiden [b]Day of Entry:[/b] Sunday [b]Theme Item Used:[/b] Sapphire Roundhorn [center] [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=30613942&skin=0&apparel=23025,22166,20858&xt=dressing.png[/img] [/center] Modeled by my delightful Ortolanus, the result of my Brewing Challenge! Outfit designed by Rirasul, our resident Stitch Witch.
Stylechemy Initiate

@luminousnoble

Username: WarriorMaiden

Theme Item Used: Sapphire Roundhorn

dragon?did=30613942&skin=0&apparel=23025,22166,20858&xt=dressing.png

Modeled by my delightful Ortolanus, the result of my Brewing Challenge! Outfit designed by Rirasul, our resident Stitch Witch.
On between 8-22 server time. If I don't respond, I'm asleep! XD
brewing.png
tumblr_onwju7SRmm1u8scv6o1_75sq.png My room is so full of books,
you'd need a library card to get in!
I belong to Anti-Socials Anonymous.
So far, we have yet to meet...
@luminousnoble [b]Username:[/b] SaiKae [b]Day of Entry:[/b] Sunday [b]Theme Item Used:[/b] Glowing Purple Clawtips, Obsidian Roundhorn [center] [outfit=161116] [/center] Someday... this will be the outfit I get to shove this boy into... [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22341516] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/223416/22341516_350.png[/img] [/url] Someday.
@luminousnoble

Username: SaiKae

Theme Item Used: Glowing Purple Clawtips, Obsidian Roundhorn

Stylechemy Initiate

Someday... this will be the outfit I get to shove this boy into...

22341516_350.png

Someday.
Check out my art Twitter here!
@luminousnoble

Username: LucidWhispers

Theme Item Used: Opal Roundhorn

Not Found
@luminousnoble

Username: LucidWhispers

Theme Item Used: Opal Roundhorn

Not Found
AqaqXxe.png
@luminousnoble

Username: WaverVelvet

Day of Entry: 9/3 Sunday

Theme Item Used: glowing red clawtips + bloodstone roundhorn!

crimson queen
@luminousnoble

Username: WaverVelvet

Day of Entry: 9/3 Sunday

Theme Item Used: glowing red clawtips + bloodstone roundhorn!

crimson queen
tumblr_inline_qf7d4iYTRP1s3p7hf_500.png
@luminousnoble [b]Username:[/b] @Saraceaser [b]Day of Entry:[/b] Sunday [b]Theme Item Used:[/b] [item=Amethyst Roundhorn][item=Glowing Purple Clawtips] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=28107668&skin=14265&apparel=1749,20829,16234,3291,3621,10879,3622,23020,3680,3679,17908,17890,17917&xt=dressing.png[/img][nextcol][outfit=34043][/columns] I actually made this outfit for my beloved dark scientist and astronomer, Phase, a while ago, and it fits this theme really well, I think! ^^
@luminousnoble

Username: @Saraceaser

Theme Item Used: Amethyst Roundhorn Glowing Purple Clawtips

dragon?did=28107668&skin=14265&apparel=1749,20829,16234,3291,3621,10879,3622,23020,3680,3679,17908,17890,17917&xt=dressing.png
Not Found

I actually made this outfit for my beloved dark scientist and astronomer, Phase, a while ago, and it fits this theme really well, I think! ^^
U4Cs8mx.gif
|| He/She/They | FRT+3 | INFP | Demi x3 | Lore Clan | Eternal Acolight ||
floating_hearts_demiromantic_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz7.giffloating_hearts_demigirl_by_awesomewaffle11-dczoifg.giffloating_hearts_demisexual_by_awesomewaffle11-dczokz2.gif
@luminousnoble [b]Username:[/b] TheSquishyKing [b]Day of Entry:[/b] Sunday (the first day) [b]Theme Item Used:[/b] jade roundhorns [center] [outfit=161411] [/center] [columns][img]http://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/dressing-room/dragon?did=28093963&skin=0&apparel=821,23021,17133,23109,23110,16236,23108,21848,398&xt=dressing.png[/img][nextcol]"This kind of style isn't something i would normally wear but the color is just PERFECT on me! I really just couldn't say no, ya' know. I think these pixies know." *giggles* [/columns]
@luminousnoble

Username: TheSquishyKing

Day of Entry: Sunday (the first day)

Theme Item Used: jade roundhorns
Not Found
dragon?did=28093963&skin=0&apparel=821,23021,17133,23109,23110,16236,23108,21848,398&xt=dressing.png "This kind of style isn't something i would normally wear but the color is just PERFECT on me! I really just couldn't say no, ya' know. I think these pixies know." *giggles*
look_at_dem_Leggs_bg.gif 2PgeVQK.png AXgbdLB.gif look_at_dem_Leggs_bg_alt.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10