Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [COLI][BADGES] CODACOT Achievement Hub
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18
@Geology You can submit data whenever you like! The data tool and dump both predate these challenges, there aren't any rules for them except "be accurate" and "don't mess with the raw output."

I personally like to submit data each time I exit a venue, unless I'm in the middle of working on a Mastery achievement, in which case I'll save the "raw output" somewhere and then use the tool's import functionality. But yeah, that's just preference.

Also, if you think this tool'd be useful for that vista challenge, feel free to post links there to here, I'm happy to provide tech support.

Thanks for asking! :3
@Geology You can submit data whenever you like! The data tool and dump both predate these challenges, there aren't any rules for them except "be accurate" and "don't mess with the raw output."

I personally like to submit data each time I exit a venue, unless I'm in the middle of working on a Mastery achievement, in which case I'll save the "raw output" somewhere and then use the tool's import functionality. But yeah, that's just preference.

Also, if you think this tool'd be useful for that vista challenge, feel free to post links there to here, I'm happy to provide tech support.

Thanks for asking! :3
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha Sooooo I got my first double mastery: Redrock Cove. :3 Technically I probably could have gotten the mastery about three times over in this last big hunk of battles but I was working on the Ascendant Mastery for Redrock, which brings me to my next point.

What if there was an achievement for getting Ascendant Mastery in all venues? Like of course you'd have to keep track of that yourself, which venues you had and which you didn't, but it's still sort of a potential hardmode++ kind of thing. (or hardmode+++ if you do the ascendant masteries in venue order...)

Even if there isn't one added I may end up still doing that just because I'm a heckin' overachiever. I feel like doing that would be something to merit a special custom badge tbh, rather than just getting multiple normal masteries.

I was also poking around in the tool a lil bit in between coli runs and I noticed that it treats the bosses and boss familiars as normal enemies/familiars. Their encounter and drop rate is a lot lower than other monsters, so getting a boss familiar drop is pretty rare. With the way the tool is coded now, would it be easy to add in an achievement for getting a boss familiar drop? (I know exactly 0% about coding. I have no idea if something would be easy or not.)
@Oranitha Sooooo I got my first double mastery: Redrock Cove. :3 Technically I probably could have gotten the mastery about three times over in this last big hunk of battles but I was working on the Ascendant Mastery for Redrock, which brings me to my next point.

What if there was an achievement for getting Ascendant Mastery in all venues? Like of course you'd have to keep track of that yourself, which venues you had and which you didn't, but it's still sort of a potential hardmode++ kind of thing. (or hardmode+++ if you do the ascendant masteries in venue order...)

Even if there isn't one added I may end up still doing that just because I'm a heckin' overachiever. I feel like doing that would be something to merit a special custom badge tbh, rather than just getting multiple normal masteries.

I was also poking around in the tool a lil bit in between coli runs and I noticed that it treats the bosses and boss familiars as normal enemies/familiars. Their encounter and drop rate is a lot lower than other monsters, so getting a boss familiar drop is pretty rare. With the way the tool is coded now, would it be easy to add in an achievement for getting a boss familiar drop? (I know exactly 0% about coding. I have no idea if something would be easy or not.)
1wfhEH1.gif
@Chraelix Ooh, hi there! First off, I hope it's not weird that I've been following your progress in the thread you pinged me to, it's really cool to see someone working on the challenge <3

That's a really good idea. Custom recolor if all ascendant masteries, animated custom recolor if venue order...hmm....yeah, absolutely workable. But you can still have the animated one because, I dunno, you seem pretty rad! Also thanks for reminding me, I need to edit in for hardmode the common exceptions to venue order (leaving for dom, leaving for fest)

You're right about the bosses, and it's kind of a sad thing (but bene for poking the tool, I appreciate when people look at the code!). The problem is that bosses are nonstandardized. From Redrock Cove onwards, the last two entries in every venue list within the tool are bosses...except for Waterway which has none and Boreal which has one. So hardcoding those exceptions isn't hard, but the problem with hardcoding anything comes up if they either add a new venue or change an existing one and I'm not around to catch it right on time.

Granted, the only thing that'd really happen is people incorrectly getting achievements, which is kind of a nonissue. Yeah, I'll go ahead and push boss familiar on the stack as an achievement! Will probably hold for a few more achievements before I make the code go live, though. Maybe some venue-specific things? Getting all the dog-related familiars in Bamboo Falls or something. More granularity to the "number of things killed" achievements. Special achievements you get for combo-ing other achievements. We'll see!
@Chraelix Ooh, hi there! First off, I hope it's not weird that I've been following your progress in the thread you pinged me to, it's really cool to see someone working on the challenge <3

That's a really good idea. Custom recolor if all ascendant masteries, animated custom recolor if venue order...hmm....yeah, absolutely workable. But you can still have the animated one because, I dunno, you seem pretty rad! Also thanks for reminding me, I need to edit in for hardmode the common exceptions to venue order (leaving for dom, leaving for fest)

You're right about the bosses, and it's kind of a sad thing (but bene for poking the tool, I appreciate when people look at the code!). The problem is that bosses are nonstandardized. From Redrock Cove onwards, the last two entries in every venue list within the tool are bosses...except for Waterway which has none and Boreal which has one. So hardcoding those exceptions isn't hard, but the problem with hardcoding anything comes up if they either add a new venue or change an existing one and I'm not around to catch it right on time.

Granted, the only thing that'd really happen is people incorrectly getting achievements, which is kind of a nonissue. Yeah, I'll go ahead and push boss familiar on the stack as an achievement! Will probably hold for a few more achievements before I make the code go live, though. Maybe some venue-specific things? Getting all the dog-related familiars in Bamboo Falls or something. More granularity to the "number of things killed" achievements. Special achievements you get for combo-ing other achievements. We'll see!
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha No, no, it's totally fine! I'm actually quite pleased and? honoured?? that someone is following that thread. It's a nice feeling knowing I'm not just babbling into the void :D especially given all this luck lately, jeeze

(spoilers i didn't uh... actually look at the code, i just kinda. shoved numbers in and looked at how the achievements changed. i did this in between coli runs so i could just easily void out the False Data of Lies by switching venues, ehe. for the record, I really like the name for one of the familiar-related achievements down the line. ;) got a chuckle out of me)

aaa that's really nice? I'll still have to think about it because, well, horribly indecisive and all. :B

and I'm really glad I could help! I wasn't exactly sure how you'd react to achievement suggestions tbh, but I didn't see anywhere that said not to suggest, so...
Still, looking forward to the fancy new achievies coming down the line!

maybe it's because i've been spending a ridiculous amount of time in redrock but for a venue-specific one there maybe something like "captain ahab" for killing enough of the whale bosses lol
@Oranitha No, no, it's totally fine! I'm actually quite pleased and? honoured?? that someone is following that thread. It's a nice feeling knowing I'm not just babbling into the void :D especially given all this luck lately, jeeze

(spoilers i didn't uh... actually look at the code, i just kinda. shoved numbers in and looked at how the achievements changed. i did this in between coli runs so i could just easily void out the False Data of Lies by switching venues, ehe. for the record, I really like the name for one of the familiar-related achievements down the line. ;) got a chuckle out of me)

aaa that's really nice? I'll still have to think about it because, well, horribly indecisive and all. :B

and I'm really glad I could help! I wasn't exactly sure how you'd react to achievement suggestions tbh, but I didn't see anywhere that said not to suggest, so...
Still, looking forward to the fancy new achievies coming down the line!

maybe it's because i've been spending a ridiculous amount of time in redrock but for a venue-specific one there maybe something like "captain ahab" for killing enough of the whale bosses lol
1wfhEH1.gif
This is very interesting! I've done many of the challenges you linked, this probably would have been handy for that! I might have to give this a shot :)
This is very interesting! I've done many of the challenges you linked, this probably would have been handy for that! I might have to give this a shot :)
ppp-badge_trainersolo.gif 6l452I7.gif
New page, bringing forward my progress. [quote name="Chraelix" date=2017-09-06 18:14:16] [center][img]https://imgur.com/1C2fBIs.png[/img] [b]<<General Achievements>>[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/1C2fBIs.png[/img] DATA SAMPLER BIG DATA HUGE DATA GALLERY OF ROGUES GENERALIST CORNUCOPIA MATERIAL MOGUL GODLY CHEF LORD OF THE JUNK PILE CULINARY SAMPLER MISCELLANIA MASTER GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL DR. EGGMAN LUCKY BREAK BATTLEFIELD FASHION LOCALIZED EXTINCTION RNG WARRIOR [img]https://imgur.com/4YBzXLH.png[/img] [b]<<Masteries>>[/b] [img]https://imgur.com/4YBzXLH.png[/img] REDROCK COVE MASTER (x2) BLOOMING GROVE MASTER (x1) SANDSWEPT DELTA MASTER (x1) VOLCANIC VENTS MASTER (x1) CRYSTAL POOLS MASTER (x1) HARPY'S ROOST MASTER (x1) KELP BEDS MASTER (x1) ASCENDANT MASTERY (Redrock, x1) [img]https://i.imgur.com/DPAAVMB.png[/img] [b]<<Collaboration>>[/b] [img]https://i.imgur.com/DPAAVMB.png[/img] General sets submitted: 2 (Blooming, Volcanic) DT Challenge sets submitted: 5 (Redrock, Sandswept, Pools, Roost, Kelp) Sets in progress: 1 [size=2]In-progress data:[/size] [size=0]Redrock Cove,General Data,1369,0,3,0,0,0,0,81,55,26,1,76,57,20,0,79,51,32,1,83,52,21,0,86,65,32,0,92,65,33,0,73,51,23,1,83,52,25,0,99,71,35,2,78,58,30,1,76,54,23,1,101,69,41,1,72,59,23,0,68,52,31,0,82,56,22,0,106,71,30,0,16,16,16,0,18,18,18,0[/size] Total collaboration points: 12[/center] [/quote]
New page, bringing forward my progress.
Chraelix wrote on 2017-09-06:
1C2fBIs.png <<General Achievements>> 1C2fBIs.png

DATA SAMPLER
BIG DATA
HUGE DATA
GALLERY OF ROGUES
GENERALIST
CORNUCOPIA
MATERIAL MOGUL
GODLY CHEF
LORD OF THE JUNK PILE
CULINARY SAMPLER
MISCELLANIA MASTER
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL
DR. EGGMAN
LUCKY BREAK
BATTLEFIELD FASHION
LOCALIZED EXTINCTION
RNG WARRIOR

4YBzXLH.png <<Masteries>> 4YBzXLH.png

REDROCK COVE MASTER (x2)
BLOOMING GROVE MASTER (x1)
SANDSWEPT DELTA MASTER (x1)
VOLCANIC VENTS MASTER (x1)
CRYSTAL POOLS MASTER (x1)
HARPY'S ROOST MASTER (x1)
KELP BEDS MASTER (x1)

ASCENDANT MASTERY (Redrock, x1)

DPAAVMB.png <<Collaboration>> DPAAVMB.png

General sets submitted: 2 (Blooming, Volcanic)
DT Challenge sets submitted: 5 (Redrock, Sandswept, Pools, Roost, Kelp)
Sets in progress: 1

In-progress data:
Redrock Cove,General Data,1369,0,3,0,0,0,0,81,55,26,1,76,57,20,0,79,51,32,1,83,52,21,0,86,65,32,0,92,65,33,0,73,51,23,1,83,52,25,0,99,71,35,2,78,58,30,1,76,54,23,1,101,69,41,1,72,59,23,0,68,52,31,0,82,56,22,0,106,71,30,0,16,16,16,0,18,18,18,0

Total collaboration points: 12
1wfhEH1.gif
It took me a while to work out what to do with the data but I think I'm all there now. I'll be incorporating this tool into my Long Drop Challenge, fodder grinding, and the determination challenge when I start it. Here's a CODACOT tracking post for meeeee: [b]The Hunt:[/b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2270850][img]https://i.imgur.com/ZGs4dji.png[/img][/url]Apprentice [i]Acheivements earned from the CODACOT plugin[/i] 6/56 [LIST] [*]GENERALIST [*]DATA SAMPLER [*]GALLERY OF ROGUES [*]FESTIVE FINDER [*]CHEST COLLECTOR [*]CURRENCY SHAKEDOWN [/LIST] [b]Mastery Gauntlet:[/b] [i]Get the CODACOT [/i]MASTERY[i] acheivement for each coli venue[/i] 0/20 [b]Collaboration Challenge:[/b] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2270850][img]https://i.imgur.com/I6SwmYm.png[/img][/url] [i]Donate data sets from the CODACOT plugin to earn points[/i] [b]intern[/b] 2 points [size=1]wip data: Mire,General Data,134,0,0,0,0,0,0,12,7,3,0,12,8,6,0,11,8,5,0,10,6,4,0,11,7,7,0,17,10,9,0,5,1,1,0,3,2,0,0,9,7,3,1,5,5,1,0,14,9,8,0,3,2,1,0,16,10,3,0,4,4,0,0,2,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0 [/size]
It took me a while to work out what to do with the data but I think I'm all there now. I'll be incorporating this tool into my Long Drop Challenge, fodder grinding, and the determination challenge when I start it.

Here's a CODACOT tracking post for meeeee:

The Hunt:
ZGs4dji.pngApprentice
Acheivements earned from the CODACOT plugin

6/56
  • GENERALIST
  • DATA SAMPLER
  • GALLERY OF ROGUES
  • FESTIVE FINDER
  • CHEST COLLECTOR
  • CURRENCY SHAKEDOWN

Mastery Gauntlet:
Get the CODACOT MASTERY acheivement for each coli venue

0/20

Collaboration Challenge:
I6SwmYm.png
Donate data sets from the CODACOT plugin to earn points
intern

2 points

wip data:
Mire,General Data,134,0,0,0,0,0,0,12,7,3,0,12,8,6,0,11,8,5,0,10,6,4,0,11,7,7,0,17,10,9,0,5,1,1,0,3,2,0,0,9,7,3,1,5,5,1,0,14,9,8,0,3,2,1,0,16,10,3,0,4,4,0,0,2,2,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
transcatcher.png
Gonna be doing this!
Gonna be doing this!
JASPER'S WORDS - A Lore Shop!
@Chraelix I love your update formatting, do you mind if I steal it (with credit) for the official thingy? I'm going to try to make life kinder and include an achievement checklist.
@Chraelix I love your update formatting, do you mind if I steal it (with credit) for the official thingy? I'm going to try to make life kinder and include an achievement checklist.
cL9yafY.gif
@Oranitha Absolutely, go for it! Seems a bit silly to keep something like forum formatting to myself, y'know? :P
@Oranitha Absolutely, go for it! Seems a bit silly to keep something like forum formatting to myself, y'know? :P
1wfhEH1.gif
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 17 18