Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | A Rainbow of Runes [100 Hatch Challenge]
1 2
@/Dreamnorn

Nah I don't mind. Considering I probably would've done the same myself, eventually, if I couldn't think of anything else for him. Besides, his sort of lore will be in Peitho's bio and he is linked if anyone ever wanted to go look at him. I'll go set up a crossroads shortly! (And then probably go start on the hatchlings' lore before I forget and then kick myself for it)
@/Dreamnorn

Nah I don't mind. Considering I probably would've done the same myself, eventually, if I couldn't think of anything else for him. Besides, his sort of lore will be in Peitho's bio and he is linked if anyone ever wanted to go look at him. I'll go set up a crossroads shortly! (And then probably go start on the hatchlings' lore before I forget and then kick myself for it)
Sora. Non-Binary, They/He. Members of our system sign off, if no sign off, assume Sora is speaking. Anyone who speaks is an adult
V6tmaNc.pngsmPAAMS.pngLRdLP2V.pngOxagJgG.png
@AnacondaMiracle Sounds like a plan to me. :D Thank you! And good luck starting on the hatchlings' lore!
@AnacondaMiracle Sounds like a plan to me. :D Thank you! And good luck starting on the hatchlings' lore!
@AnacondaMiracle He is on cooldown for more five days but I can set up the crossroad. You can just accept it when you have space.
@AnacondaMiracle He is on cooldown for more five days but I can set up the crossroad. You can just accept it when you have space.
And the hatchlings FINALLY have lore to them! Ugh. I ended up a little busy at the end of yesterday and kinda crashed before I managed to type up their lore. But at least they've got lore now and are ready to go to new homes! c:
And the hatchlings FINALLY have lore to them! Ugh. I ended up a little busy at the end of yesterday and kinda crashed before I managed to type up their lore. But at least they've got lore now and are ready to go to new homes! c:
Sora. Non-Binary, They/He. Members of our system sign off, if no sign off, assume Sora is speaking. Anyone who speaks is an adult
Sending off her hatchlings was one of the hardest things Peitho knew she'd ever do in her life time. Though she kept away from where one of them from her nest with Haruki remained, unable to find a new clan to go to. But even just staying away from Orisa was hard, the mirror wanted to be around her and to watch her grow. It was out during a hunting trip when Peitho was shocked to meet, well, Shock in a nearby bog. The two hit it off nicely and the Bogsneak accompanied her back to her home, traveling with him to a nearby nesting area a week or two later to lay a nest of two eggs.

When hatch day came Peitho was worried when she couldn't find Shock anywhere and even more worried when a guard to the nesting area said that he had seen the Bogsneak go off somewhere. But she didn't have time to go looking by the time the eggs started hatching.

The first to hatch was green in color and snuggled up against her mother almost at once, shivering slightly due to the chilly night air she had hatched in. The second to hatch was quick to follow his sister, curling up against their mother and her in an attempt to keep warm. His scales were yellow and his wings orange with splashes of green.

Peitho stayed up that night keeping her hatchlings warm and watching for Shock. But the Bogsneak didn't come back. He didn't even return in the morning. Leaving Peitho to care for the hatchlings temporarily until she got back home and her chosen surrogate could take them instead. The first to hatch was dubbed Kayden and the second Virlomi.

Double update!
I'll be updating the first post shortly. The hatchlings already have lore in their bios and I've picked up a mirror from the AH to be the next nest holder. Because I'm impatient when it comes to waiting. I might be putting him up with some lore as well as the next set of hatchlings, but I'm not sure yet.

Speaking of hatchlings... Orisa's still available and is currently on the AH due to being ready to breed!
Sending off her hatchlings was one of the hardest things Peitho knew she'd ever do in her life time. Though she kept away from where one of them from her nest with Haruki remained, unable to find a new clan to go to. But even just staying away from Orisa was hard, the mirror wanted to be around her and to watch her grow. It was out during a hunting trip when Peitho was shocked to meet, well, Shock in a nearby bog. The two hit it off nicely and the Bogsneak accompanied her back to her home, traveling with him to a nearby nesting area a week or two later to lay a nest of two eggs.

When hatch day came Peitho was worried when she couldn't find Shock anywhere and even more worried when a guard to the nesting area said that he had seen the Bogsneak go off somewhere. But she didn't have time to go looking by the time the eggs started hatching.

The first to hatch was green in color and snuggled up against her mother almost at once, shivering slightly due to the chilly night air she had hatched in. The second to hatch was quick to follow his sister, curling up against their mother and her in an attempt to keep warm. His scales were yellow and his wings orange with splashes of green.

Peitho stayed up that night keeping her hatchlings warm and watching for Shock. But the Bogsneak didn't come back. He didn't even return in the morning. Leaving Peitho to care for the hatchlings temporarily until she got back home and her chosen surrogate could take them instead. The first to hatch was dubbed Kayden and the second Virlomi.

Double update!
I'll be updating the first post shortly. The hatchlings already have lore in their bios and I've picked up a mirror from the AH to be the next nest holder. Because I'm impatient when it comes to waiting. I might be putting him up with some lore as well as the next set of hatchlings, but I'm not sure yet.

Speaking of hatchlings... Orisa's still available and is currently on the AH due to being ready to breed!
@AnacondaMiracle
Would you mind adding me to your pinglist?
@AnacondaMiracle
Would you mind adding me to your pinglist?
@Survivors (not sure if you still wanted a ping or not, let me know if you want to be kept on the pinglist!)

Nest one:
Meeting Ryujin was certainly interesting. Being that at first the other mirror thought she was trying to claim his territory and started trying to fight. Though that didn't last long, as Peitho showed no interest in fighting back and tried to keep her distance from the male at first. So, naturally, once Ryujin noticed he stopped and asked what she was doing there. The somewhat long explanation of her quest for 100 hatchlings followed and in the end Ryujin agreed to help her in it.

Getting only a single egg was worrying for the pair of mirrors, especially Peitho who's last experience with a single egg was less than pleasant. But the egg was healthy and when hatch day came the blue mirror boy with brown wings and glittering pale green runes stretched his mouth in a yawn and curled up amongst the soft bedding of the nest. Unfortunately Ryujin was required to leave soon after, dubbing his only child Jael before he left and Peitho was again to care for her hatchling alone.

Nest two:
The female didn't expect to meet Zeta in the early morning of the third day she was left to care for Jael on her own. The pearlcatcher apparently having had been requested to come and help with her quest. She of course accepted and they had a nice nest of three. And Jael, who still wasn't old enough to leave on his own. Not that either of them minded. Having the hatchling around was a fun challenge most times, and a pain in the tail at others.

The hatching of the three eggs yielded three blue scaled, blue wings females. The first, dubbed Tiaka by Zeta, had glowing dark green runes. The second, dubbed Aleru by Peitho, had tan accents on her body and wings and glowing dark blue runes. The third, and final, female was eventually dubbed Vitra by Jael of all dragons and was the bluest of her siblings to the point where her glowing runes could hardly be seen.

Zeta left with the four hatchlings once they were old enough and last Peitho had heard was that so far only Vitra had gone to a new clan and Zeta left to help with a battle going on between two territories. Peitho knew she'd probably never see the two, or her other children, ever again.

Nest three:
Peitho denied the fact that she could tell Chrysos was lying when he told her he'd stick around even after the nest had hatched, denied that he was lying when he said he was happy to help with her quest, and even denied him lying when he said that he couldn't wait for their nest of three to hatch. And yet she couldn't shake the feeling that she knew he'd break his word about staying. He'd charmed her to the extent that she was fairly certain she loved the pearlcatcher more then any other past dragon she'd nested with. So she silently hoped that her instincts were wrong, that he was just good at pretending to lie.

So when he left to 'go visit family' soon after the nest hatched, Peitho's heart broke in knowing that he'd never return. And so Peitho named the small mirror boy with a shifting black, pink, and yellow colored hide and pink wings Orok, his runes a pale golden yellow. She named the second mirror boy with a blue and green hide, pale purple wings, and orange runes Zuras. But the last thing Chrysos ever gave her and his hatchlings was the name of the last one. The purple and pink swirling hide of the female pearlcatcher reflected off of her pale blue wings and made her dark brown runes blend in fairly well. And Peitho knew he wasn't lying when he said that he wished that the small pearlcatcher could stay with him. Seems as though even he didn't seem to expect to get even a shard of attachment to the small family.

Totally didn't have a muse for any of this the past few months... So here's the update of the last three nests. I'm honestly not that happy with how any of it turned out, but I'd rather not wait another two months to come up with something better... And it's not my worst work so... *shrug*

Anyway, here's to future updates happening sooner! Hopefully.
@Survivors (not sure if you still wanted a ping or not, let me know if you want to be kept on the pinglist!)

Nest one:
Meeting Ryujin was certainly interesting. Being that at first the other mirror thought she was trying to claim his territory and started trying to fight. Though that didn't last long, as Peitho showed no interest in fighting back and tried to keep her distance from the male at first. So, naturally, once Ryujin noticed he stopped and asked what she was doing there. The somewhat long explanation of her quest for 100 hatchlings followed and in the end Ryujin agreed to help her in it.

Getting only a single egg was worrying for the pair of mirrors, especially Peitho who's last experience with a single egg was less than pleasant. But the egg was healthy and when hatch day came the blue mirror boy with brown wings and glittering pale green runes stretched his mouth in a yawn and curled up amongst the soft bedding of the nest. Unfortunately Ryujin was required to leave soon after, dubbing his only child Jael before he left and Peitho was again to care for her hatchling alone.

Nest two:
The female didn't expect to meet Zeta in the early morning of the third day she was left to care for Jael on her own. The pearlcatcher apparently having had been requested to come and help with her quest. She of course accepted and they had a nice nest of three. And Jael, who still wasn't old enough to leave on his own. Not that either of them minded. Having the hatchling around was a fun challenge most times, and a pain in the tail at others.

The hatching of the three eggs yielded three blue scaled, blue wings females. The first, dubbed Tiaka by Zeta, had glowing dark green runes. The second, dubbed Aleru by Peitho, had tan accents on her body and wings and glowing dark blue runes. The third, and final, female was eventually dubbed Vitra by Jael of all dragons and was the bluest of her siblings to the point where her glowing runes could hardly be seen.

Zeta left with the four hatchlings once they were old enough and last Peitho had heard was that so far only Vitra had gone to a new clan and Zeta left to help with a battle going on between two territories. Peitho knew she'd probably never see the two, or her other children, ever again.

Nest three:
Peitho denied the fact that she could tell Chrysos was lying when he told her he'd stick around even after the nest had hatched, denied that he was lying when he said he was happy to help with her quest, and even denied him lying when he said that he couldn't wait for their nest of three to hatch. And yet she couldn't shake the feeling that she knew he'd break his word about staying. He'd charmed her to the extent that she was fairly certain she loved the pearlcatcher more then any other past dragon she'd nested with. So she silently hoped that her instincts were wrong, that he was just good at pretending to lie.

So when he left to 'go visit family' soon after the nest hatched, Peitho's heart broke in knowing that he'd never return. And so Peitho named the small mirror boy with a shifting black, pink, and yellow colored hide and pink wings Orok, his runes a pale golden yellow. She named the second mirror boy with a blue and green hide, pale purple wings, and orange runes Zuras. But the last thing Chrysos ever gave her and his hatchlings was the name of the last one. The purple and pink swirling hide of the female pearlcatcher reflected off of her pale blue wings and made her dark brown runes blend in fairly well. And Peitho knew he wasn't lying when he said that he wished that the small pearlcatcher could stay with him. Seems as though even he didn't seem to expect to get even a shard of attachment to the small family.

Totally didn't have a muse for any of this the past few months... So here's the update of the last three nests. I'm honestly not that happy with how any of it turned out, but I'd rather not wait another two months to come up with something better... And it's not my worst work so... *shrug*

Anyway, here's to future updates happening sooner! Hopefully.
@AnacondaMiracle

Would you mind adding me to the pinglist? I would love to read how this goes.
@AnacondaMiracle

Would you mind adding me to the pinglist? I would love to read how this goes.
dlJsEIj.png
@Survivors @Xalkile (if either of you want off the pinglist let me know!)

Kaja was found by Peitho half starved to death and upon taking pity on him, took him in and nursed him back to health with help from a nearby clan's healer. After her last mate in her challenge Peitho was hesitant to continue on with it, so she tried to distance herself from Kaja after he was better. With no success. No matter how she tried Kaja kept appearing near her, asking questions and just talking to her. All the while she felt some other presence, felt unable to be seen eyes watching her... But no matter. Her and Kaja got closer, and eventually laid a nest together.

Soon after the Nocturne fell ill again, and lived just long enough to see his two hatchlings. Peitho naming the small mirror male Shuu and the small female mirror Glakila. Both were far too young to understand what happened to their father, though their mother tried to explain, at the time. And when they did finally understand they asked what their mother thought about his death. Only to never getting a straight answer from her in response.

Apologies for the shortness, there's Bio limit so I'm trying not to reach it too quickly. Anyway, Peitho's on a nest already but I'll look at whatever potential mates anyone else has to offer! Just remember that they have to have the runes gene!

Currently four hatchlings remain, with only two being linked on the first post as they're the only ones who have lore at the moment. I'll be adding the other two shortly.

Kaja was found by Peitho half starved to death and upon taking pity on him, took him in and nursed him back to health with help from a nearby clan's healer. After her last mate in her challenge Peitho was hesitant to continue on with it, so she tried to distance herself from Kaja after he was better. With no success. No matter how she tried Kaja kept appearing near her, asking questions and just talking to her. All the while she felt some other presence, felt unable to be seen eyes watching her... But no matter. Her and Kaja got closer, and eventually laid a nest together.

Soon after the Nocturne fell ill again, and lived just long enough to see his two hatchlings. Peitho naming the small mirror male Shuu and the small female mirror Glakila. Both were far too young to understand what happened to their father, though their mother tried to explain, at the time. And when they did finally understand they asked what their mother thought about his death. Only to never getting a straight answer from her in response.

Apologies for the shortness, there's Bio limit so I'm trying not to reach it too quickly. Anyway, Peitho's on a nest already but I'll look at whatever potential mates anyone else has to offer! Just remember that they have to have the runes gene!

Currently four hatchlings remain, with only two being linked on the first post as they're the only ones who have lore at the moment. I'll be adding the other two shortly.

Peitho met Scythe at Athame's weapons shop and offered him a place to stay while he tried to figure out what to do next. One thing lead to another and they had a nest of three. But Peitho did nothing to help raise them, instead watching from afar as they grew and started to try and find their own homes. She didn't learn their names and she didn't want to know them. All of this was far too painful. Why'd she agree to this? Because it was her mother's last wish? Because she wanted to? Because having hatchlings be out in the world would be nice? She didn't know any more.

So she left. She moved to the edge of the kingdom she lived in and spent most days sitting out on a hill overlooking the nearby group of dragons from the clan the kingdom housed regularly. She needed a break from the heartache of having to send her hatchlings away. She needed a rest from watching the males leave with them. Her head turned to the right at a noise, pink eyes meeting ruby red. They blinked at her and she fell into darkness.

And again, didn't have much muse for this. Going to go on a little hiatus until I get more motivation to continue. I will come back to this, just not sure when. I need more space and I've a breeding project I just got a male for so... Yeah. Not sure when I'll come back, but I will!

Hatchlings will be getting lore... Probably tomorrow and I'll stick them up on the first post then. Tempted to keep Scythe but I'm unsure as of this moment. Might scry him to see if I want to or not. If I end up not keeping him I'll probably be exalting. Thanks for reading and sticking with me!

Peitho met Scythe at Athame's weapons shop and offered him a place to stay while he tried to figure out what to do next. One thing lead to another and they had a nest of three. But Peitho did nothing to help raise them, instead watching from afar as they grew and started to try and find their own homes. She didn't learn their names and she didn't want to know them. All of this was far too painful. Why'd she agree to this? Because it was her mother's last wish? Because she wanted to? Because having hatchlings be out in the world would be nice? She didn't know any more.

So she left. She moved to the edge of the kingdom she lived in and spent most days sitting out on a hill overlooking the nearby group of dragons from the clan the kingdom housed regularly. She needed a break from the heartache of having to send her hatchlings away. She needed a rest from watching the males leave with them. Her head turned to the right at a noise, pink eyes meeting ruby red. They blinked at her and she fell into darkness.

And again, didn't have much muse for this. Going to go on a little hiatus until I get more motivation to continue. I will come back to this, just not sure when. I need more space and I've a breeding project I just got a male for so... Yeah. Not sure when I'll come back, but I will!

Hatchlings will be getting lore... Probably tomorrow and I'll stick them up on the first post then. Tempted to keep Scythe but I'm unsure as of this moment. Might scry him to see if I want to or not. If I end up not keeping him I'll probably be exalting. Thanks for reading and sticking with me!
1 2