Quests & Challenges
Quests, Challenges, and Festival games
TOPIC | A Rainbow of Runes [100 Hatch Challenge]
1 2
Welcome to my 100 Hatchling Challenge! I technically started before I made this thread, but figured it was easier for me. Anyway, I'm mostly using the rules [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/1963225#post_1963225]in this thread[/url] but every male I use must have Runes! I'm limited on space at the moment so I created a bit of lore involving a couple of my other dragons and how one of them ended up fathering the first nest! That'll be posted below. In the meantime, here's my starting dragon: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35139466] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/351395/35139466_350.png[/img] [/url] Meet Peitho! Got RTB so I could breed her at once and gave her, her lore not too long ago! I plan on keeping the hatchling I like best from both her first and last nests in an adaptation to the rule for lore reasons. Though, it was either that or using the same dragon for the first and last nests. I went for the former as it is easier, and overall better for lore. The hatchling will still count, Peitho will have no part in raising the hatchling and the agreement is that she can't interact at all with that hatchling until her challenge is done. [center]List of Mates (If exalted or from another lair, mates will be linked): Vlad (page 2) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35564678]Haruki[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34809614]Shock[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36342003]Ryujin[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=36624203]Zeta[/url] Chrysos (page 3) [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34545469]Kaja[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38911966]Scythe[/url] [/center] [center]List of Hatchlings for sale/taking: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=176058&tab=dragon&did=38696181]Shuu[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=176058&tab=dragon&did=38696182]Glakila[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=176058&tab=dragon&did=39987851]Shavri[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=176058&tab=dragon&did=39987852]Kisai[/url] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&id=176058&tab=dragon&did=39987853]Dion[/url] Once hatchlings are ready to breed I'll throw them up on the AH for 15kt and by the time they're about a month and a half old I'll lower it to 13kt. If I've neglected to write lore then I go via what their current age is and go an extra month with them up for sale. Hatchling Count: 20/100 [/center] [center]Pinglist: @/Survivors @/Xalkile [/center] Please let me know if you'd like to be pinged for updates! Every hatchling will come with a bit of lore and all I ask is that you breed them once before exalting! If hatchlings do not find homes before they're just taking up too much space (about 2-3 months depending on when they get lore) I will exalt them myself to save on space and to hatch nests and such. This is if they haven't been claimed off the AH by that time, though as is I only put them up for sale after their breeding cool down is up. Edit: Because I was wegged, I will be keeping the hatchling and offers for future mates (Must have RUNES tertiary gene!) are being accepted right away! (this info is now void) Edit 2: Title edit because it sounds better. All other edits: Who's for sale getting updated and hatchling count going up.
Welcome to my 100 Hatchling Challenge!

I technically started before I made this thread, but figured it was easier for me.

Anyway, I'm mostly using the rules in this thread but every male I use must have Runes! I'm limited on space at the moment so I created a bit of lore involving a couple of my other dragons and how one of them ended up fathering the first nest! That'll be posted below. In the meantime, here's my starting dragon:

35139466_350.png

Meet Peitho! Got RTB so I could breed her at once and gave her, her lore not too long ago! I plan on keeping the hatchling I like best from both her first and last nests in an adaptation to the rule for lore reasons. Though, it was either that or using the same dragon for the first and last nests. I went for the former as it is easier, and overall better for lore. The hatchling will still count, Peitho will have no part in raising the hatchling and the agreement is that she can't interact at all with that hatchling until her challenge is done.

List of Mates (If exalted or from another lair, mates will be linked):
Vlad (page 2)
Haruki
Shock
Ryujin
Zeta
Chrysos (page 3)
Kaja
Scythe

List of Hatchlings for sale/taking:
Shuu
Glakila
Shavri
Kisai
Dion

Once hatchlings are ready to breed I'll throw them up on the AH for 15kt and by the time they're about a month and a half old I'll lower it to 13kt. If I've neglected to write lore then I go via what their current age is and go an extra month with them up for sale.

Hatchling Count: 20/100

Pinglist:
@/Survivors @/Xalkile

Please let me know if you'd like to be pinged for updates!
Every hatchling will come with a bit of lore and all I ask is that you breed them once before exalting! If hatchlings do not find homes before they're just taking up too much space (about 2-3 months depending on when they get lore) I will exalt them myself to save on space and to hatch nests and such. This is if they haven't been claimed off the AH by that time, though as is I only put them up for sale after their breeding cool down is up.

Edit: Because I was wegged, I will be keeping the hatchling and offers for future mates (Must have RUNES tertiary gene!) are being accepted right away! (this info is now void)

Edit 2: Title edit because it sounds better.

All other edits: Who's for sale getting updated and hatchling count going up.
Wishlist (Items)
Wishlist (Scrolls)
Crona (Soul Eater) is my precious sonTM and I don't know how to deal with all the love I have for him.
Notices: Die for You by Starset is probably the best couple song I've ever heard. Change my mind.
Due to babysitting near full time,
I uhh... I'm unable to post much. I'll get to it eventually!
Definitely before notifs disappear, just... Yeah. The universe hates me OTL
arcane_panbling_by_cicide76536-dcj0wd9.gif If I make a comment about a thing you're selling (derg/adopt/etc.etc.) please don't take it as me begging! It's more of a 'Good luck selling!'
sort of thing and I in no way shape or form intend to just be handed what I commented about!
I'm perfectly happy coming back at a later date and paying full price for something else if I feel the urge to! That said, have a nice day! ^-^
First lore (needs expanding)

The small mirror hatchling looked up at her mother in confusion, her head tilted to the side slightly. She was still too young to understand what was really going on, but from the tension in the air she had a feeling it wasn't anything too good. Her head turned, a male dragon she didn't recognize standing above her. Her four pink colored eyes narrowed as she let out a faint hiss in warning. But her teeth weren't fully grown in and it just made her look like a kitten, not very threatening but trying to seem so. The male merely smiled and gently picked her up, running soft claws along her head fins to calm her.

She huffed and shifted in the drake's arms before calming and starting to softly half purr in contentment. Out of the corner of one of her eyes she saw a drake shrouded mostly in shadows hand her mother a large bag of coin before seeming to nod at the male she was in the hands of, who nodded back and moved, walking away. Though he kept running soft claws along her head fins to keep her calm.

"One thing." she heard her mother say softly. "When she's old enough, I'd love if she could have 100 hatchlings of her own..." the drake holding her paused before slowly nodding. "That," his voice was deep, wise, and overall calm tone gave the small mirror chills down her spine. "can be arranged." with that he continued walking, the small mirror hatchling able to smell the other dragon she didn't know following who was carrying her.

"Vlad," the other's voice was a deeper, ferocious, rumbling growl. "was it wise to say that her request would be met?"

"A mother's last wish is something to be upheld, Demogorgon. Besides, many others I've heard of have done the same thing... It'll be... interesting to see what happens." the dragon responded, a smile able to be heard in his voice.

The other merely shrugged, though the small mirror only knew due to hearing the shuffling of cloth. "If you say so, Vlad." he responded in the rumbling growl from before, causing her to squeak and curl up in the arms of the dragon holding her.

"Shh, shh... Little one... It's alright, it's alright..." he murmured softly in an attempt to soothe the hatchling. "Don't worry, okay? Demogorgon isn't going to hurt you. He's just a soft cuddly bear inside, promise." Vlad said to her, ignoring the other drake's glaring and soft warning growl. "Hey, do you have a name?"

She nodded slowly.

"Can you tell us?"

"Peitho... M' name's Peitho..." she mumbled, snuggling into the robe Vlad was wearing with a shiver.

"Lovely name, young one, and don't worry," he continued at her shiver. "we're almost home."

"Home?"

"Mm-hmm. Natasha's going to be looking after you while you're with us. She's..." he struggled to find the proper word a moment. "Odd, to put it nicely. But she's nice enough. She'll take good care of you and if you need anything else, me and Samael live a couple of houses down." he responded.

"Samael?"

"Demogorgon, Samael, same dragon. I call him the former out of affection." Vlad responded.

"Oh... Do you have hatchlings?"

"One. He's adopted." he hesitated. "We had two others but after a virus broke out in a neighboring clan, and spread here, they sadly... Uhh... Moved on."

"Died...?" Peitho asked in a small voice, getting a nod in response.

"Unfortunately, yes. They died."

"I'm sorry... Mother mentioned something about 100 hatchlings..."

"She did."

"Could you or Samael father one batch? And keep one? Raise them for yourself without my involvement other then hatching?" she asked, turning her head to look up at Vlad. The wildclaw was clearly shocked into silence, but it was harder to tell due to a cover around his eyes.

"You're wise far beyond your years."

"It's probably that cover of knowledge of your's, Vlad." Samael spoke up with a joking tone.

"Possibly... Magic rubbing off on her... But whatever the case, I could do it. I know how hesitent you are about raising kids as is, Demogorgon." Vlad responded.

The other wildclaw merely huffed, shaking out his fur and falling silent as Peitho was dropped off with Natasha and the two males headed off to their own home.

And that's how the first nest of Peitho's 100 Hatchling Challenge came to be.

Yet still, troubles arose when it came time to lay the nest. With only one egg, and a slightly sickly one at that, Vlad became a little... Overprotective. With good reason. With the deal they made, this was the hatchling him and Samael keep. With death already a bit of a common thing in the two's family, it was perfectly reasonable as to why Vlad was overprotective. But it worried Peitho on terms of Vlad's health, even if he didn't seem to care.
First lore (needs expanding)

The small mirror hatchling looked up at her mother in confusion, her head tilted to the side slightly. She was still too young to understand what was really going on, but from the tension in the air she had a feeling it wasn't anything too good. Her head turned, a male dragon she didn't recognize standing above her. Her four pink colored eyes narrowed as she let out a faint hiss in warning. But her teeth weren't fully grown in and it just made her look like a kitten, not very threatening but trying to seem so. The male merely smiled and gently picked her up, running soft claws along her head fins to calm her.

She huffed and shifted in the drake's arms before calming and starting to softly half purr in contentment. Out of the corner of one of her eyes she saw a drake shrouded mostly in shadows hand her mother a large bag of coin before seeming to nod at the male she was in the hands of, who nodded back and moved, walking away. Though he kept running soft claws along her head fins to keep her calm.

"One thing." she heard her mother say softly. "When she's old enough, I'd love if she could have 100 hatchlings of her own..." the drake holding her paused before slowly nodding. "That," his voice was deep, wise, and overall calm tone gave the small mirror chills down her spine. "can be arranged." with that he continued walking, the small mirror hatchling able to smell the other dragon she didn't know following who was carrying her.

"Vlad," the other's voice was a deeper, ferocious, rumbling growl. "was it wise to say that her request would be met?"

"A mother's last wish is something to be upheld, Demogorgon. Besides, many others I've heard of have done the same thing... It'll be... interesting to see what happens." the dragon responded, a smile able to be heard in his voice.

The other merely shrugged, though the small mirror only knew due to hearing the shuffling of cloth. "If you say so, Vlad." he responded in the rumbling growl from before, causing her to squeak and curl up in the arms of the dragon holding her.

"Shh, shh... Little one... It's alright, it's alright..." he murmured softly in an attempt to soothe the hatchling. "Don't worry, okay? Demogorgon isn't going to hurt you. He's just a soft cuddly bear inside, promise." Vlad said to her, ignoring the other drake's glaring and soft warning growl. "Hey, do you have a name?"

She nodded slowly.

"Can you tell us?"

"Peitho... M' name's Peitho..." she mumbled, snuggling into the robe Vlad was wearing with a shiver.

"Lovely name, young one, and don't worry," he continued at her shiver. "we're almost home."

"Home?"

"Mm-hmm. Natasha's going to be looking after you while you're with us. She's..." he struggled to find the proper word a moment. "Odd, to put it nicely. But she's nice enough. She'll take good care of you and if you need anything else, me and Samael live a couple of houses down." he responded.

"Samael?"

"Demogorgon, Samael, same dragon. I call him the former out of affection." Vlad responded.

"Oh... Do you have hatchlings?"

"One. He's adopted." he hesitated. "We had two others but after a virus broke out in a neighboring clan, and spread here, they sadly... Uhh... Moved on."

"Died...?" Peitho asked in a small voice, getting a nod in response.

"Unfortunately, yes. They died."

"I'm sorry... Mother mentioned something about 100 hatchlings..."

"She did."

"Could you or Samael father one batch? And keep one? Raise them for yourself without my involvement other then hatching?" she asked, turning her head to look up at Vlad. The wildclaw was clearly shocked into silence, but it was harder to tell due to a cover around his eyes.

"You're wise far beyond your years."

"It's probably that cover of knowledge of your's, Vlad." Samael spoke up with a joking tone.

"Possibly... Magic rubbing off on her... But whatever the case, I could do it. I know how hesitent you are about raising kids as is, Demogorgon." Vlad responded.

The other wildclaw merely huffed, shaking out his fur and falling silent as Peitho was dropped off with Natasha and the two males headed off to their own home.

And that's how the first nest of Peitho's 100 Hatchling Challenge came to be.

Yet still, troubles arose when it came time to lay the nest. With only one egg, and a slightly sickly one at that, Vlad became a little... Overprotective. With good reason. With the deal they made, this was the hatchling him and Samael keep. With death already a bit of a common thing in the two's family, it was perfectly reasonable as to why Vlad was overprotective. But it worried Peitho on terms of Vlad's health, even if he didn't seem to care.
Wishlist (Items)
Wishlist (Scrolls)
Crona (Soul Eater) is my precious sonTM and I don't know how to deal with all the love I have for him.
Notices: Die for You by Starset is probably the best couple song I've ever heard. Change my mind.
arcane_panbling_by_cicide76536-dcj0wd9.gif If I make a comment about a thing you're selling (derg/adopt/etc.etc.) please don't take it as me begging! It's more of a 'Good luck selling!'
sort of thing and I in no way shape or form intend to just be handed what I commented about!
I'm perfectly happy coming back at a later date and paying full price for something else if I feel the urge to! That said, have a nice day! ^-^
Hatch day came... And went. The egg was late and both Vlad and Peitho feared it was a dud. Though Peitho tried not to voice her worries, as she stayed curled around the egg, to Vlad. She didn't want him to worry more then he probably already was. The next three days after the egg was suppose to hatch went by slowly for Peitho and Vlad, and on the fourth day they slowly started to suggest leaving the egg there and letting someone come along and either take it or smash it... When the egg twitched and slowly begun to hatch. Peitho watched with her breath held, half backing away to give the egg more room and to let Vlad have more of an influence of the hatchling's first few moments. Afterall, she wasn't to be caring for the hatchling... That was Vlad and Samael's job. She was just giving them a partial biological child to care for... When most of the eggshell had cracked a small head poked through before wiggling and slowly tumbling out the rest of the way while breaking most of the rest of the protective casing it had been in. Peitho watched as Vlad gently nudged the hatchling before rubbing his head against the smaller wildclaw's*. It was a lovely sight, but Peitho knew not to go over and suggest names. To name the hatchling would be to call him her's, and he was not. Not really. So she merely watched from afar until Vlad asked her for a name. "Abaddon." was her immediate response. "His name will be Abaddon, if that is alright with you." Vlad smiled at her and nodded before carefully picking up the little hatchling and walking away from the nest, leaving Peitho to stand and head back to her own home with tears in her eyes. She knew she would see her son around, but she couldn't help but weep at the fact that she wouldn't be able to talk or interact with him until she had finally had 100 hatchlings in total. And with the slow start, that seemed to be very far away. Here's the next bit! Not technically a late hatch but... Shhh. LOOOREEEEE. Anyway, here's the hatchling I'm keeping for lore reasons! [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35723244] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/357233/35723244.png[/img] [/url] I plan on turning him into a wildclaw as soon as I can so that's why I put wildclaw hatchling in the lore, instead of mirror. But I must say, he's certainly a lucky hatch! Two purple range colors and then a pale tertiary color to match the paler tones of the primary!? RNG I thank you for giving me this blessing. I will love him dearly. [s]now grow up so I can dress you[/s]
Hatch day came... And went. The egg was late and both Vlad and Peitho feared it was a dud. Though Peitho tried not to voice her worries, as she stayed curled around the egg, to Vlad. She didn't want him to worry more then he probably already was.

The next three days after the egg was suppose to hatch went by slowly for Peitho and Vlad, and on the fourth day they slowly started to suggest leaving the egg there and letting someone come along and either take it or smash it... When the egg twitched and slowly begun to hatch.

Peitho watched with her breath held, half backing away to give the egg more room and to let Vlad have more of an influence of the hatchling's first few moments. Afterall, she wasn't to be caring for the hatchling... That was Vlad and Samael's job. She was just giving them a partial biological child to care for...

When most of the eggshell had cracked a small head poked through before wiggling and slowly tumbling out the rest of the way while breaking most of the rest of the protective casing it had been in. Peitho watched as Vlad gently nudged the hatchling before rubbing his head against the smaller wildclaw's*. It was a lovely sight, but Peitho knew not to go over and suggest names. To name the hatchling would be to call him her's, and he was not. Not really. So she merely watched from afar until Vlad asked her for a name.

"Abaddon." was her immediate response. "His name will be Abaddon, if that is alright with you."
Vlad smiled at her and nodded before carefully picking up the little hatchling and walking away from the nest, leaving Peitho to stand and head back to her own home with tears in her eyes. She knew she would see her son around, but she couldn't help but weep at the fact that she wouldn't be able to talk or interact with him until she had finally had 100 hatchlings in total. And with the slow start, that seemed to be very far away.

Here's the next bit!
Not technically a late hatch but... Shhh. LOOOREEEEE.

Anyway, here's the hatchling I'm keeping for lore reasons!

35723244.png

I plan on turning him into a wildclaw as soon as I can so that's why I put wildclaw hatchling in the lore, instead of mirror. But I must say, he's certainly a lucky hatch! Two purple range colors and then a pale tertiary color to match the paler tones of the primary!? RNG I thank you for giving me this blessing. I will love him dearly. now grow up so I can dress you
Wishlist (Items)
Wishlist (Scrolls)
Peitho met Haruki one day soon after Abaddon's birth, chatting and getting to know the fae relatively well before he mentioned hearing about her challenge from another dragon. Which, in all honesty, surprised Peitho a little. How could he have heard about it so soon after she started it? She may never know the answer but was glad that Haruki knew of it and agreed to father her next clutch of eggs.

Luckily, there weren't any complications with this nest and five very healthy eggs were laid a few days after Haruki came to stay with Peitho and Natasha, who Peitho was still living with due to construction complications on her own home. The only problem that did come up a few days after the nest was laid was the fact that there might not be enough room for the nest to hatch all at once. Which was of course worrying, but Peitho reassured herself and Haruki that things would work out. Eventually.

Yes, extremely short update... But it was all I could think of at the time. If I think of an interaction scene or something I'll add that in later but for now... This is it. Sorry! ;w;

First nest was a one egg and the second is a five egg. RNG sure does like messing with me... I have three available spaces and not even half the treasure required to expand my lair... *sigh* Ah well. I'll see if a friend of mine can hold onto a couple of dragons so I can hatch the nest when it comes up.
Peitho met Haruki one day soon after Abaddon's birth, chatting and getting to know the fae relatively well before he mentioned hearing about her challenge from another dragon. Which, in all honesty, surprised Peitho a little. How could he have heard about it so soon after she started it? She may never know the answer but was glad that Haruki knew of it and agreed to father her next clutch of eggs.

Luckily, there weren't any complications with this nest and five very healthy eggs were laid a few days after Haruki came to stay with Peitho and Natasha, who Peitho was still living with due to construction complications on her own home. The only problem that did come up a few days after the nest was laid was the fact that there might not be enough room for the nest to hatch all at once. Which was of course worrying, but Peitho reassured herself and Haruki that things would work out. Eventually.

Yes, extremely short update... But it was all I could think of at the time. If I think of an interaction scene or something I'll add that in later but for now... This is it. Sorry! ;w;

First nest was a one egg and the second is a five egg. RNG sure does like messing with me... I have three available spaces and not even half the treasure required to expand my lair... *sigh* Ah well. I'll see if a friend of mine can hold onto a couple of dragons so I can hatch the nest when it comes up.
Wishlist (Items)
Wishlist (Scrolls)
@AnacondaMiracle Oh my gosh, a five egg nest! :D Way to go, little Haruki! I was hoping he'd get you a healthy nest of at least three, but it would seem the RNG came in clutch!

Sorry about your lair space, though. :c I'd offer to host some of your dragons, but I impulsed a new breeding project and hatched a G1 and I don't know if I'd have enough room by the time they're scheduled to hatch. ;-; Best of luck finding and/or making space for them! With the range Peitho and Haruki, I'm sure the hatchlings will be beautiful!
@AnacondaMiracle Oh my gosh, a five egg nest! :D Way to go, little Haruki! I was hoping he'd get you a healthy nest of at least three, but it would seem the RNG came in clutch!

Sorry about your lair space, though. :c I'd offer to host some of your dragons, but I impulsed a new breeding project and hatched a G1 and I don't know if I'd have enough room by the time they're scheduled to hatch. ;-; Best of luck finding and/or making space for them! With the range Peitho and Haruki, I'm sure the hatchlings will be beautiful!
V1eIc4P.pnglQ2v9tt.pngoie_fd_Svm7h_IA0_VH.png
@AnacondaMiracle I see your post that you looking for males. I can lend one of my boys( i love runes but for some reason I only have two and one of them is crazy) if you like any of them or just take in your girl as I do have space to host her i f thats what you want. Here are the boys: Mr Chocolate beauty. Metallic/poison/runes [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34809614] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/348097/34809614_350.png[/img] [/url] Mr. Crazy Eyeburner Poi/tox/runes [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35371846] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/353719/35371846_350.png[/img] [/url] I love your lore btw. *_____*
@AnacondaMiracle I see your post that you looking for males. I can lend one of my boys( i love runes but for some reason I only have two and one of them is crazy) if you like any of them or just take in your girl as I do have space to host her i f thats what you want.
Here are the boys:

Mr Chocolate beauty.
Metallic/poison/runes

34809614_350.png

Mr. Crazy Eyeburner
Poi/tox/runes

35371846_350.png

I love your lore btw. *_____*
lifeweaver_by_adorningmoon-dbzbp8q.png6Be9IMi.pngZM8rHt3.png
@Crazydoll86

I'd prefer to keep my girl in my lair, personally. But she's also currently on a nest and isn't off cool down. I was mostly looking for a new male early so that I could have one available to borrow when she is off cool down. So if you don't mind waiting awhile, I'll gladly use the chocolate boy (Better range with colors in my personal opinion) the next time I have a nest + space available. c: And if you need collateral I'll be happy to send over one of my dragons. (Though I wouldn't exalt unless the original owner said it was okay/they had given them to me and I ended up not liking them as much as I thought I would)
@Crazydoll86

I'd prefer to keep my girl in my lair, personally. But she's also currently on a nest and isn't off cool down. I was mostly looking for a new male early so that I could have one available to borrow when she is off cool down. So if you don't mind waiting awhile, I'll gladly use the chocolate boy (Better range with colors in my personal opinion) the next time I have a nest + space available. c: And if you need collateral I'll be happy to send over one of my dragons. (Though I wouldn't exalt unless the original owner said it was okay/they had given them to me and I ended up not liking them as much as I thought I would)
Wishlist (Items)
Wishlist (Scrolls)
@AnacondaMiracle He is on cooldown right now so thats totally fine. Just ping me when you want him and I will send him over.:3

Thanks for the offer. I'm doing my own version of the breed out the ugly and the alphabet challenge so i keep an eye on the challenge hatchies just in case i find any i like. For the ABC i don't have any goal in my mind but im doing a gene edition of the ugly challenge. Im tying to breed a crackle derg i actually like.
@AnacondaMiracle He is on cooldown right now so thats totally fine. Just ping me when you want him and I will send him over.:3

Thanks for the offer. I'm doing my own version of the breed out the ugly and the alphabet challenge so i keep an eye on the challenge hatchies just in case i find any i like. For the ABC i don't have any goal in my mind but im doing a gene edition of the ugly challenge. Im tying to breed a crackle derg i actually like.
lifeweaver_by_adorningmoon-dbzbp8q.png6Be9IMi.pngZM8rHt3.png
Peitho looked up and over at the nest of five she was laying beside, a grin spreading across her face as she realized the nest was hatching. She quickly looked around in an attempt to find Haruki, frowning when she couldn't see him around. "Haru!" she called lightly, standing and shaking out her scales before nudging the five eggs carefully. "Haru the nest is hatching!!" she called, though a fair bit louder. The pale scaled mirror smiled when she spotted the fae flutter in from just outside.

"Sorry." he said, his voice monotone like most (if not all) fae. "There was someone outside wanting to speak with you, I told them they had to wait." his frills were fluttering in excitement as he settled down near the nest and watched the eggs intently. Peitho nodded. "I'll speak to them after this." she mumbled in a quiet reminder to herself, moving and settling down again opposite of Haruki to watch the eggs as they hatched.

The first egg broke against a piece of coral in the water nest Peitho had rented from a neighboring clan to her own home, the small fae inside tumbling out and flailing around a little on his back. His wings much shorter than his body. Peitho managed to let Haruki help the little fae instead of herself, not wanting to hurt the newborn. But she couldn't help but spit out a name as the second egg started cracking. "Dalmar. Dalmar will be your name." she said softly, lowering her head to very gently blow a puff of air on the fae, which caused him to squeak and tumble back out of fright.

While Haruki helped the first born up again, Peitho turned her attention to the second egg and watched intently as another small fae half fell out of what remained intact of the shell. The second born was smaller than their first born brother, had wings a bit larger then his body, and a bit more adventurous by the way he immediately started trying to walk around. "Nebula." Haruki spoke up when he spotted the hatchling. "Hmm?" Peitho asked, looking over at him with a tilt of her head. "His name. It'll be Nebula." Haruki explained mildly, his frills still fluttering in very clear excitement.

Peitho nodded and jumped slightly when the third egg suddenly burst open and a mirror failed at trying to pounce out of the small bits of shell still stuck on her tail and legs. Peitho smiled slightly, finally a mirror hatchling to mirror (pun totally intended) herself in some small way. She helped the hatchling scrape off the eggshell bits before letting the little one climb onto her back and nestle in any skin and scales that were a bit slack due to not being stretched out entirely. "You shall be called Orisa." Peitho said softly, Haruki nodding a little in agreement.

The fourth egg took a fair bit longer to hatch, rocking back and forth and cracking for several minutes longer then the first three. But the fae inside appeared a bit more gracefully then her older siblings, wings splayed out and her head held high as she sat on her tail and back legs... Only to wobble and fall over soon after, her brilliantly bright pale blue hide adorned with dark green runes similar to her mother's. She whined, as if not liking the fact that she had fallen over, and tried getting up again. Of course, still being a newborn and all meant that she'd have to bare with it. Haruki helped the small fae female up and said "Your name shall be Irga." just as the fifth, and final, egg broke open.

The last to hatch was the palest colored of the bunch, curling up among broken eggshells in apparent defiance to wanting to get up and move around like her older siblings. Peitho carefully picked the small fae up by the extra skin on the hatchling's back and set her out of the eggshells that Haruki swiftly swept away with his wings. "Viatrix is your name, little one." Peitho murmured, smiling as the final hatchling made soft half chirping half cooing noises as Peitho rubbed the small fae's nose with her own.

"It's a shame, really," Haruki started, managing to keep Dalmar and Nebula from wandering out of the nest. "that they've gotta go out and find their own homes soon." he finished, Peitho nodding in agreement but otherwise saying nothing.

And that's the update!
I'd be forever grateful if you could take Haruki back, Dreamnorn. Because space is a pain in the butt enough haha~

Anyway, I'll write up little lore blarbs for the hatchies a little bit later!

Edit: Forgot to ping you! :C @Crazydoll86 if you want to set up a crossroads for the chocolate boy I can accept when I've got space!
Peitho looked up and over at the nest of five she was laying beside, a grin spreading across her face as she realized the nest was hatching. She quickly looked around in an attempt to find Haruki, frowning when she couldn't see him around. "Haru!" she called lightly, standing and shaking out her scales before nudging the five eggs carefully. "Haru the nest is hatching!!" she called, though a fair bit louder. The pale scaled mirror smiled when she spotted the fae flutter in from just outside.

"Sorry." he said, his voice monotone like most (if not all) fae. "There was someone outside wanting to speak with you, I told them they had to wait." his frills were fluttering in excitement as he settled down near the nest and watched the eggs intently. Peitho nodded. "I'll speak to them after this." she mumbled in a quiet reminder to herself, moving and settling down again opposite of Haruki to watch the eggs as they hatched.

The first egg broke against a piece of coral in the water nest Peitho had rented from a neighboring clan to her own home, the small fae inside tumbling out and flailing around a little on his back. His wings much shorter than his body. Peitho managed to let Haruki help the little fae instead of herself, not wanting to hurt the newborn. But she couldn't help but spit out a name as the second egg started cracking. "Dalmar. Dalmar will be your name." she said softly, lowering her head to very gently blow a puff of air on the fae, which caused him to squeak and tumble back out of fright.

While Haruki helped the first born up again, Peitho turned her attention to the second egg and watched intently as another small fae half fell out of what remained intact of the shell. The second born was smaller than their first born brother, had wings a bit larger then his body, and a bit more adventurous by the way he immediately started trying to walk around. "Nebula." Haruki spoke up when he spotted the hatchling. "Hmm?" Peitho asked, looking over at him with a tilt of her head. "His name. It'll be Nebula." Haruki explained mildly, his frills still fluttering in very clear excitement.

Peitho nodded and jumped slightly when the third egg suddenly burst open and a mirror failed at trying to pounce out of the small bits of shell still stuck on her tail and legs. Peitho smiled slightly, finally a mirror hatchling to mirror (pun totally intended) herself in some small way. She helped the hatchling scrape off the eggshell bits before letting the little one climb onto her back and nestle in any skin and scales that were a bit slack due to not being stretched out entirely. "You shall be called Orisa." Peitho said softly, Haruki nodding a little in agreement.

The fourth egg took a fair bit longer to hatch, rocking back and forth and cracking for several minutes longer then the first three. But the fae inside appeared a bit more gracefully then her older siblings, wings splayed out and her head held high as she sat on her tail and back legs... Only to wobble and fall over soon after, her brilliantly bright pale blue hide adorned with dark green runes similar to her mother's. She whined, as if not liking the fact that she had fallen over, and tried getting up again. Of course, still being a newborn and all meant that she'd have to bare with it. Haruki helped the small fae female up and said "Your name shall be Irga." just as the fifth, and final, egg broke open.

The last to hatch was the palest colored of the bunch, curling up among broken eggshells in apparent defiance to wanting to get up and move around like her older siblings. Peitho carefully picked the small fae up by the extra skin on the hatchling's back and set her out of the eggshells that Haruki swiftly swept away with his wings. "Viatrix is your name, little one." Peitho murmured, smiling as the final hatchling made soft half chirping half cooing noises as Peitho rubbed the small fae's nose with her own.

"It's a shame, really," Haruki started, managing to keep Dalmar and Nebula from wandering out of the nest. "that they've gotta go out and find their own homes soon." he finished, Peitho nodding in agreement but otherwise saying nothing.

And that's the update!
I'd be forever grateful if you could take Haruki back, Dreamnorn. Because space is a pain in the butt enough haha~

Anyway, I'll write up little lore blarbs for the hatchies a little bit later!

Edit: Forgot to ping you! :C @Crazydoll86 if you want to set up a crossroads for the chocolate boy I can accept when I've got space!
Wishlist (Items)
Wishlist (Scrolls)
@AnacondaMiracle *delighted screaming* Ahh! :D The hatchlings are all so cute! Congratulations!

If you don't mind my exalt-training him, I'll gladly take Haruki back! I totally get the issue of lair space. c: You can send me a one-way Crossroads if you're feeling it. If you'd rather he not get exalted because you gave him a bit of lore, though, I totally understand.
@AnacondaMiracle *delighted screaming* Ahh! :D The hatchlings are all so cute! Congratulations!

If you don't mind my exalt-training him, I'll gladly take Haruki back! I totally get the issue of lair space. c: You can send me a one-way Crossroads if you're feeling it. If you'd rather he not get exalted because you gave him a bit of lore, though, I totally understand.
V1eIc4P.pnglQ2v9tt.pngoie_fd_Svm7h_IA0_VH.png
1 2