Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Imperial Scroll Quest
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 51 52
I'm going to spend as much as I can then, I have been kinda nervous to put everything into the scrolls. Good thing I finally have gotten the motivation to AH properly again. I have already made 2kG from it in 24ish hours. I'm behind on updating my own thread, but I have had to make some changes in approach to keep my motivation up. I will update my thread when I have done some more testing in how I want to go forward ^^ I still have 141 scattersights too, not sure how long they are worth holding on to, might be worth selling some of them to get WC scroll funds.

I was debating doing some egg investments during the dip in price duing NotN, but it felt too risky to commit a lot to it because a small change can make it not really worth while. So I decided to settle for the 50 eggs I got from chests and just have those as "investment" until the value goes up in 6 months or so. It's not a ton, but it's something at least :'D

I really want to get better at judging investments as a way to supplement the profit I get from just purely grinding. It's scary tho, and I don't feel like I have a good enough grip on it to make it really worth while.

(Sorry this got long, I don't mean to spam your thread with my own stuff ^^" I just got really excited and motivated when I saw your post)
I'm going to spend as much as I can then, I have been kinda nervous to put everything into the scrolls. Good thing I finally have gotten the motivation to AH properly again. I have already made 2kG from it in 24ish hours. I'm behind on updating my own thread, but I have had to make some changes in approach to keep my motivation up. I will update my thread when I have done some more testing in how I want to go forward ^^ I still have 141 scattersights too, not sure how long they are worth holding on to, might be worth selling some of them to get WC scroll funds.

I was debating doing some egg investments during the dip in price duing NotN, but it felt too risky to commit a lot to it because a small change can make it not really worth while. So I decided to settle for the 50 eggs I got from chests and just have those as "investment" until the value goes up in 6 months or so. It's not a ton, but it's something at least :'D

I really want to get better at judging investments as a way to supplement the profit I get from just purely grinding. It's scary tho, and I don't feel like I have a good enough grip on it to make it really worth while.

(Sorry this got long, I don't mean to spam your thread with my own stuff ^^" I just got really excited and motivated when I saw your post)
................... 760.png
2024 - Bone Fiend & Cog Frog
910.png
@Meowesty I am not sure with the scattersights. I have 122 of those, and while they are worth a lot less than WC scrolls, they are retired. Ofcourse, Roundsey now also includes retired items such as sprites every once in a while, but if the staff doesn't change the retired status of scattervials and they only are added as a Roundsey price once in a blue moon, they will become rarer and more valuable than WC scrolls ever will be.. The question is however; how long will that take, and how much could you potentially have made from selling them earlier and using those funds to invest and reinvest again and again in WC scrolls?

Let's do a bit of math, shall we?! :)
Let's assume WC scrolls cycling back an average of let's say once a year.
And let's assume we start with 100 scattersights. The current price is 283g each, so 28300g for all of them. If you liquidate them now, and (let's assume WC scrolls are in the MP) spend it all on WC scrolls, you can 14, and have 300g leftover.

During the year you'll sell them for 2650g each (seems like a good average), netting you 37100g, plus the 300g you had leftover.

One year later the WC scrolls cycle back in, and you can now buy 18, with 1400g left over. As the second year passes you'll sell those again for 2650g, and now you have 47700g plus those 1400g you had left over for a total of 49100g.

WC scrolls cycle back in for a third time a year later, and now you can buy 24 of them, with 1100g leftover. Selling them again for 2650g, you get 63600g and the 1100g leftovers.

So if you go the WC scroll path, you can technically (albeit somewhat optimistically) turn 100 scattersights into a profit of 64700 gems in roughly 3 years.
If you instead keep the scattersights, that means scattersights would need to increase from 283 to 647g in value in 3 years to get the same results..
To be honest, I am not sure how (un)likely it is for that to happen.
(But I am now excited to make a little spreadsheet that calculates the profits gotten from WC scroll investments over a longer period of time depending on 1. starting funds, 2. cycle-in frequency, and 3. sell price!)

I was debating the same thing with the eggs, but there were people sniping up every egg prices below 200g/200kt so the price never really got the chance to drop much lower. Can you imagine that 2 years ago the price dropped as low as 70g during NotN?! If that had happened again this year, I would've spend a lot on eggs, but I felt 200g/kt was too risky as well. So same as you, I'll stick to the eggs I got from chests (and trades/raffle payments)

I have to agree on the investing part. I thought I had a good grasp of it, but I misinvested in berserkers when the augment stones were fixed (luckily the loss was 'only' 400k treasure), I misinvested in NotN gem apparel, losing a couple thousand gems, and I underestimated a lot of items that suddenly skyrocketed in price, like the light halo and some other holiday items. So yeah.. It is scary, and I am hesitant too. WC scrolls are a solid investment, but they cycle in so rarely, and the ROI-time is so long. It'd make for a very boring year if all we did was invest in those!

And no worries; I love debating and contemplating markets and economics! :D And if it helps you get your motivation back, it's even better!

@Pleasant; pinglist updated, thank you for your interest! ^^ Exalting is definitely a good way to go. If you have the patience and the room, breed your own fodder, so that the exalt payout is 100% profit, but even if you buy them, the profit adds up over time. The loot from the coliseum is added bonus :) The fairegrounds is great for treasure as well. I max out Glimmer and Gloom daily in about 10 minutes.
And honestly, not spending anything (other than investing or buying fodder to exalt). It is greatly underestimated how much you can accidentally or unawarely spend when you're trying to save up for something. So be strict, and you'll see you will soon be earning 100k or more a day!

Keep an eye on the Dom Watch thread to anticipate when heated dominance battles may happen so that you can stock up on levelled fodder early and sell them for even more than the regular payout.
@Meowesty I am not sure with the scattersights. I have 122 of those, and while they are worth a lot less than WC scrolls, they are retired. Ofcourse, Roundsey now also includes retired items such as sprites every once in a while, but if the staff doesn't change the retired status of scattervials and they only are added as a Roundsey price once in a blue moon, they will become rarer and more valuable than WC scrolls ever will be.. The question is however; how long will that take, and how much could you potentially have made from selling them earlier and using those funds to invest and reinvest again and again in WC scrolls?

Let's do a bit of math, shall we?! :)
Let's assume WC scrolls cycling back an average of let's say once a year.
And let's assume we start with 100 scattersights. The current price is 283g each, so 28300g for all of them. If you liquidate them now, and (let's assume WC scrolls are in the MP) spend it all on WC scrolls, you can 14, and have 300g leftover.

During the year you'll sell them for 2650g each (seems like a good average), netting you 37100g, plus the 300g you had leftover.

One year later the WC scrolls cycle back in, and you can now buy 18, with 1400g left over. As the second year passes you'll sell those again for 2650g, and now you have 47700g plus those 1400g you had left over for a total of 49100g.

WC scrolls cycle back in for a third time a year later, and now you can buy 24 of them, with 1100g leftover. Selling them again for 2650g, you get 63600g and the 1100g leftovers.

So if you go the WC scroll path, you can technically (albeit somewhat optimistically) turn 100 scattersights into a profit of 64700 gems in roughly 3 years.
If you instead keep the scattersights, that means scattersights would need to increase from 283 to 647g in value in 3 years to get the same results..
To be honest, I am not sure how (un)likely it is for that to happen.
(But I am now excited to make a little spreadsheet that calculates the profits gotten from WC scroll investments over a longer period of time depending on 1. starting funds, 2. cycle-in frequency, and 3. sell price!)

I was debating the same thing with the eggs, but there were people sniping up every egg prices below 200g/200kt so the price never really got the chance to drop much lower. Can you imagine that 2 years ago the price dropped as low as 70g during NotN?! If that had happened again this year, I would've spend a lot on eggs, but I felt 200g/kt was too risky as well. So same as you, I'll stick to the eggs I got from chests (and trades/raffle payments)

I have to agree on the investing part. I thought I had a good grasp of it, but I misinvested in berserkers when the augment stones were fixed (luckily the loss was 'only' 400k treasure), I misinvested in NotN gem apparel, losing a couple thousand gems, and I underestimated a lot of items that suddenly skyrocketed in price, like the light halo and some other holiday items. So yeah.. It is scary, and I am hesitant too. WC scrolls are a solid investment, but they cycle in so rarely, and the ROI-time is so long. It'd make for a very boring year if all we did was invest in those!

And no worries; I love debating and contemplating markets and economics! :D And if it helps you get your motivation back, it's even better!

@Pleasant; pinglist updated, thank you for your interest! ^^ Exalting is definitely a good way to go. If you have the patience and the room, breed your own fodder, so that the exalt payout is 100% profit, but even if you buy them, the profit adds up over time. The loot from the coliseum is added bonus :) The fairegrounds is great for treasure as well. I max out Glimmer and Gloom daily in about 10 minutes.
And honestly, not spending anything (other than investing or buying fodder to exalt). It is greatly underestimated how much you can accidentally or unawarely spend when you're trying to save up for something. So be strict, and you'll see you will soon be earning 100k or more a day!

Keep an eye on the Dom Watch thread to anticipate when heated dominance battles may happen so that you can stock up on levelled fodder early and sell them for even more than the regular payout.
The scattersights are super hard to judge. Since they are retired they might go to an unbelievable price (which I honestly doubt due to the low chance of getting what you are looking for, so aiming for faceted, multi and primal is just crazy). It's also difficult because they might add things that makes the item worth less, there is always a risk of them adding something that really changes the value on an item like it. I do think they are going up more in value but it's hard to say how much, which makes it hard to time.

I have debated a few times to buy a few elims while the price is low-ish during periods of tons of coli activity and then sell them later. But it's so hard to judge. There is more than once that I have been debating it but decided against it, and then they end up going up with 200g in less than a week :'D but it's also scary to invest in, because suddenly they can decide to fix the drop rate.

At least WC scrolls is a stable passive income :) Would suck if they decided to switch places for WC and coatl scrolls, but it seems unlikely.

I wish I was better at and more invested in spreadsheets so I could track values and see patters in their value to help lower risks and up the profit. It's not realistic for me tho, so I just have to do my best and hope for some luck on my side.
The scattersights are super hard to judge. Since they are retired they might go to an unbelievable price (which I honestly doubt due to the low chance of getting what you are looking for, so aiming for faceted, multi and primal is just crazy). It's also difficult because they might add things that makes the item worth less, there is always a risk of them adding something that really changes the value on an item like it. I do think they are going up more in value but it's hard to say how much, which makes it hard to time.

I have debated a few times to buy a few elims while the price is low-ish during periods of tons of coli activity and then sell them later. But it's so hard to judge. There is more than once that I have been debating it but decided against it, and then they end up going up with 200g in less than a week :'D but it's also scary to invest in, because suddenly they can decide to fix the drop rate.

At least WC scrolls is a stable passive income :) Would suck if they decided to switch places for WC and coatl scrolls, but it seems unlikely.

I wish I was better at and more invested in spreadsheets so I could track values and see patters in their value to help lower risks and up the profit. It's not realistic for me tho, so I just have to do my best and hope for some luck on my side.
910.png
@Gaia

I am actually up to 658 eggs now! I mostly just buy them (aside from the rare few I get from gathering and coli drops). NotN helped me reach 100 Noc eggs real fast though lol.

I level fodder for profit a lot so I usually convert my treasure to gems through trade (as well as buying gems through the gem marketplace). I will admit though that I have been slow with leveling fodder for a while (since NotN) and I need to get back into it.

I never used to like triples all that much either, until the newer genes with accent colors came out. I have been collecting double G1s for years though and recently I have found myself wanting a triple G1 but I also want to hatch it myself. I know that I could have bought an existing triple G1 easily with all that I have spent on eggs these past months, but it just wouldn't be as satisfying as actually hatching one myself. Then if I hatch one I would have a new goal to work towards, getting an imperial scroll!
@Gaia

I am actually up to 658 eggs now! I mostly just buy them (aside from the rare few I get from gathering and coli drops). NotN helped me reach 100 Noc eggs real fast though lol.

I level fodder for profit a lot so I usually convert my treasure to gems through trade (as well as buying gems through the gem marketplace). I will admit though that I have been slow with leveling fodder for a while (since NotN) and I need to get back into it.

I never used to like triples all that much either, until the newer genes with accent colors came out. I have been collecting double G1s for years though and recently I have found myself wanting a triple G1 but I also want to hatch it myself. I know that I could have bought an existing triple G1 easily with all that I have spent on eggs these past months, but it just wouldn't be as satisfying as actually hatching one myself. Then if I hatch one I would have a new goal to work towards, getting an imperial scroll!
New Inventory on the AH!
I was one of those people sniping any egg below 200g (I have...*counts*...2,640 eggs, of which 2,251 are Noc eggs; I also got a bunch of Nocturne scrolls), and personally I feel pretty good about it. Profit margins are important and all, but I also worry about liquidity. Eggs are so popular that I think I'll be able to move a couple thousand of them over the course of a few months as long as I agree to some bulk discounts, whereas I'm really not sure I could do [the 279 Wildclaw scrolls that money could have bought] without either flooding the market or still having some left when they cycled back in.

(I *did* stop buying Nocturne eggs after a while because I figured 2,250 was enough that I might have trouble moving more, but I continued snapping up elemental eggs.)

I do still have some money left (about 16k of gems, 13mil of treasure, 46.5kg of short-term investments), and by the time Wildclaw scrolls come back I'll have more, so I won't be completely without them. But there is very much an egg focus to my investments this year.

---

My current plan is to sell my Scattersights when I need the money: either for a Boolean if the next Boolean comes up before I can afford it without the Scattersight money, or for my last KS familiar.
I was one of those people sniping any egg below 200g (I have...*counts*...2,640 eggs, of which 2,251 are Noc eggs; I also got a bunch of Nocturne scrolls), and personally I feel pretty good about it. Profit margins are important and all, but I also worry about liquidity. Eggs are so popular that I think I'll be able to move a couple thousand of them over the course of a few months as long as I agree to some bulk discounts, whereas I'm really not sure I could do [the 279 Wildclaw scrolls that money could have bought] without either flooding the market or still having some left when they cycled back in.

(I *did* stop buying Nocturne eggs after a while because I figured 2,250 was enough that I might have trouble moving more, but I continued snapping up elemental eggs.)

I do still have some money left (about 16k of gems, 13mil of treasure, 46.5kg of short-term investments), and by the time Wildclaw scrolls come back I'll have more, so I won't be completely without them. But there is very much an egg focus to my investments this year.

---

My current plan is to sell my Scattersights when I need the money: either for a Boolean if the next Boolean comes up before I can afford it without the Scattersight money, or for my last KS familiar.
eimdef.gif
Oh jeeze.. People saying all these numbers, millions of things, and I still consider 1 single egg a good time.... Though I did buy up a bunch of smirch'es to resell later- It wasn't much of a risk, 1g ea
One day I do want to work twoards 1 imp scroll, but short of dumping several thousand into here, I have no idea where to start
Oh jeeze.. People saying all these numbers, millions of things, and I still consider 1 single egg a good time.... Though I did buy up a bunch of smirch'es to resell later- It wasn't much of a risk, 1g ea
One day I do want to work twoards 1 imp scroll, but short of dumping several thousand into here, I have no idea where to start
6MxcIbY.gifkHQ8d.gifAq3yZ.gifTjDif.gif
@smolelf I hope your investment will pay off. From what I've seen, it isn't the most popular gene, and a lot of folks, including myself, have gotten Smirches than I know what to do with. Prices right now are 8 gems, but I wonder how fast and how many get bought.

@BrinBellway Hot dang, so many!! The best of luck finding a seller for the Boolean, because I think you're already as good as there, with your egg investment :)

I agree, eggs are a lot easier to sell. 1. Due to the lower price, they are more affordable for a larger range of players. And 2. since hatching an egg can result in a failure, the demand/usage per player is generally also higher. Whereas when WC scrolls are used and cannot fail.
You know, thinking on it a little longer, I guess I agree that eggs actually are a smarter investment (@Meowesty, also pinging you!), albeit with slightly more risk, because the scarcity (both demand and supply) is less predictable. If you buy eggs for 200g and less, and sell them for 300g down the line, that's 50% return on investment. Whereas WC scrolls would need to be sold for 3000g to get that same return! Considering WC scrolls hardly ever reach that outrageous prices, and eggs often peak even higher than 300g, eggs have a better return..! Additionally, apart from NotN there might be more dips in Egg prices per year, meaning the turnaround time is also better than with WC scrolls.

Gosh, now I am kind of kicking myself for not investing in the eggs. I settled with the 136 I got from chests and in trades, but didn't spend a penny to buy more. Perhaps I should have! And now I'm debating on whether I should buy some eggs still, despite the price already have risen above 200g each.
@smolelf I hope your investment will pay off. From what I've seen, it isn't the most popular gene, and a lot of folks, including myself, have gotten Smirches than I know what to do with. Prices right now are 8 gems, but I wonder how fast and how many get bought.

@BrinBellway Hot dang, so many!! The best of luck finding a seller for the Boolean, because I think you're already as good as there, with your egg investment :)

I agree, eggs are a lot easier to sell. 1. Due to the lower price, they are more affordable for a larger range of players. And 2. since hatching an egg can result in a failure, the demand/usage per player is generally also higher. Whereas when WC scrolls are used and cannot fail.
You know, thinking on it a little longer, I guess I agree that eggs actually are a smarter investment (@Meowesty, also pinging you!), albeit with slightly more risk, because the scarcity (both demand and supply) is less predictable. If you buy eggs for 200g and less, and sell them for 300g down the line, that's 50% return on investment. Whereas WC scrolls would need to be sold for 3000g to get that same return! Considering WC scrolls hardly ever reach that outrageous prices, and eggs often peak even higher than 300g, eggs have a better return..! Additionally, apart from NotN there might be more dips in Egg prices per year, meaning the turnaround time is also better than with WC scrolls.

Gosh, now I am kind of kicking myself for not investing in the eggs. I settled with the 136 I got from chests and in trades, but didn't spend a penny to buy more. Perhaps I should have! And now I'm debating on whether I should buy some eggs still, despite the price already have risen above 200g each.
Yeah I'm also kicking myself a little bit for not investing at least some actual currency in eggs during NotN. I could easily have bought a stack or 2 of eggs without too high of a risk. I do think there is some arguments to be made for nocturne eggs vs elemental eggs, so not sure what's strictly best, I personally think a mix is best.

My health tanked really hard during NotN tho, so I'm not too mad at myself for not minmaxing it like I probably should have done. (not everyone in my life cares about my health during holidays, so I'm the bad guy for not being able to hang out aaaaall the time. If they could please learn to call first it would save me a lot of grief lol)
Yeah I'm also kicking myself a little bit for not investing at least some actual currency in eggs during NotN. I could easily have bought a stack or 2 of eggs without too high of a risk. I do think there is some arguments to be made for nocturne eggs vs elemental eggs, so not sure what's strictly best, I personally think a mix is best.

My health tanked really hard during NotN tho, so I'm not too mad at myself for not minmaxing it like I probably should have done. (not everyone in my life cares about my health during holidays, so I'm the bad guy for not being able to hang out aaaaall the time. If they could please learn to call first it would save me a lot of grief lol)
910.png
@Meowesty Yes, health comes first, for sure, so don't feel bad about pixeldragon profit! :) Sadly I can only relate all too well to this. Especially headaches/migraines and other invisible hurts are hard to believe, apparently.

It is useful knowledge for whenever egg prices dip below the 200g again :)
@Meowesty Yes, health comes first, for sure, so don't feel bad about pixeldragon profit! :) Sadly I can only relate all too well to this. Especially headaches/migraines and other invisible hurts are hard to believe, apparently.

It is useful knowledge for whenever egg prices dip below the 200g again :)
@Gaia @Meowesty

IIRC, egg prices tend to rise in mid-February because of people doing hatches for Valentine's Day. I'll probably hold out longer to sell my eggs (though I might change my mind if the rise is especially big), but depending on how you value profit margin vs turnaround time, you might find it a good idea to do some short-term egg investing now.

Although eggs do seem to have risen quite a bit over the last week or two, so maybe the Valentine's Day rush has already started? I should probably keep better data on egg-price fluctuations, get more of a sense of the pattern.

--

I actually got *all* of my NotN eggs and scrolls through purchases: I sold my Strange Chests because I don't enjoy gambling and never really got the hang of selling apparel. I figured it was better to leave the chest-opening to those who find it fun. :)
@Gaia @Meowesty

IIRC, egg prices tend to rise in mid-February because of people doing hatches for Valentine's Day. I'll probably hold out longer to sell my eggs (though I might change my mind if the rise is especially big), but depending on how you value profit margin vs turnaround time, you might find it a good idea to do some short-term egg investing now.

Although eggs do seem to have risen quite a bit over the last week or two, so maybe the Valentine's Day rush has already started? I should probably keep better data on egg-price fluctuations, get more of a sense of the pattern.

--

I actually got *all* of my NotN eggs and scrolls through purchases: I sold my Strange Chests because I don't enjoy gambling and never really got the hang of selling apparel. I figured it was better to leave the chest-opening to those who find it fun. :)
eimdef.gif
1 2 ... 40 41 42 43 44 ... 51 52