Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Imperial Scroll Quest
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 51 52
@Gaia

Thank you very much! :D
@Gaia

Thank you very much! :D
topbannerbreezy.png
pillarmiddle.pngmiddletext1betterlinkspacingfx.pngnew_thingie_ad.pngclippingbubblespacingfxfx.pngtext3fx.pngtext4size.png
bottombannerbreezy.png
Thank you! <3
Thank you! <3
This is gonna be my second NotN, but last year I didn’t have much free time/the chests weren’t dropping, so I think I’ll shoot for a minimum of 15 eggs and 5 noc scrolls, if the coli decides it pities me.
This is gonna be my second NotN, but last year I didn’t have much free time/the chests weren’t dropping, so I think I’ll shoot for a minimum of 15 eggs and 5 noc scrolls, if the coli decides it pities me.
@Gaia it's also my first NotN! Sadly I'll be studying for exams on that time but I hope I have time to coli grind a bit! I always hoard lots of goop so I hope that won't be a problem for me :p
Btw can you add me to the pinglist? ^__^ Thank you!
@Gaia it's also my first NotN! Sadly I'll be studying for exams on that time but I hope I have time to coli grind a bit! I always hoard lots of goop so I hope that won't be a problem for me :p
Btw can you add me to the pinglist? ^__^ Thank you!
FR+7
Slowly coming back after 2 years of hiatus!
arcane_acebling_by_cicide76536-dcj0wcn.gif QLG2cjJ.png aUcFmfC.png
@Aersolace I hope you'll have more time to farm and more luck too!
@take2thesky I hope you'll have fun during your first NotN, and that RNG treats you well. ^^ Updating the pinglist right away.
@Aersolace I hope you'll have more time to farm and more luck too!
@take2thesky I hope you'll have fun during your first NotN, and that RNG treats you well. ^^ Updating the pinglist right away.
@gaia I also want to get 99 or 100 Nocturne eggs! It'll be a bit difficult, I'm anticipating, with my finals also around that time, but hopefully we can both pull it off.
@gaia I also want to get 99 or 100 Nocturne eggs! It'll be a bit difficult, I'm anticipating, with my finals also around that time, but hopefully we can both pull it off.
celine%20sig.gif
@gaia may I be pinged on this thread please? This is my first NotN :D
@gaia may I be pinged on this thread please? This is my first NotN :D
@ladylilitu Good luck to you! Both with your finals and your NotN quest. Please do keep in mind though that IRL is way more important than Flight Rising! Especially during my first year on FR my studies may have suffered a bit ^^', and tbh it is not worth it.

@Sawvren Adding you to the pinglist! I wish you lots of fun and luck with your first NotN event! :)
@ladylilitu Good luck to you! Both with your finals and your NotN quest. Please do keep in mind though that IRL is way more important than Flight Rising! Especially during my first year on FR my studies may have suffered a bit ^^', and tbh it is not worth it.

@Sawvren Adding you to the pinglist! I wish you lots of fun and luck with your first NotN event! :)
[center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/oummgrma2dntglw/earthtop.png[/img] [size=6][font=garamond][i]Progress update [img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img][/center] [font=Garamond][size=4]Goodmorning folks! I am a bit earlier than usual, and that's because of Night of the Nocturne. I, and I believe many others with me, were convinced Night of the Nocturne would start Sunday the 16th, and therefore neatly end before the end of December. If that were the case, I would probably not have made a pre-NotN update here. But, oh the disillusion! Since Night of the Nocturne will go on well into the first week of January, I've decided to make a pre- and post-NotN update; mostly to highlight the profits specifically from NotN. This means that after NotN there will be another update! In this update I might do some fun stuff with progress graphs and whatnot about the profits so far and perhaps a bit of extrapolation to estimate how long we still have to go. But before we get there, let's look at the profits from December so far. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Auction House Sales[/i][/center] [center][img]https://imgur.com/9fecxaN.png[/img][/center] [font=Garamond][size=4]The past 3 weeks I've sold some levelled fodder to the conquesting flights during Fire vs Shadow. I also sold a good bunch of Wildclaw Scrolls. I've also sold a bunch of food, especially meat is going quite fast, some purple sludge, of which the prices continues to rise, some more of the cycled apparel I had collecting dust in my vault and I sold a couple of treasure genes for gems as well. Because of the reselling, only a small part of this is actual profit, but it is nice to liquidate some items and grow the amount of gems tucked away in my vault. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Coliseum spotlight[/i][/center] [font=Garamond][size=4]Before and during the unexpected FrigidFin Expedition, I spent a lot of time levelling fodder and perma dragons in the Mire. And while the Mire is generally quite stingy with loot, it seems I did something to please RNG this time, getting 4 eggs, all from the Mire in less than 2 weeks time. [item=Primary Gene: Python][item=Vista: Forgotten Cave][item=Molten Wartoad][item=Psywyrm Crate][item=Unhatched Fire Egg][item=Vista: Redrock Cove][item=Unhatched Light Egg][item=Rally][item=Wetland Unicorn Crate][item=Vista: Mire][item=Unhatched Earth Egg][item=Unhatched Shadow Egg][item=Vista: Mire] [item=Fenfisher Flattail][font=Garamond][size=4] x 22 [item=Chillriver Bucktooth][font=Garamond][size=4] x 23 [item=Bountiful Fishnet][font=Garamond][size=4] x 1200 [item=Overflowing Fishbasket][font=Garamond][size=4] x 600 [font=Garamond][size=4]As a result of FrigidFin, I managed to stockpile 80 fodder dragons at lv10, and train 5 or 6 Gen1s to level 25. Some were Gen1s I want to keep, and some are destined for resale, and are [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?gems_min=500&d_gen1=1&d_level_min=25&page=1&collapse=1]listed on the Auction House[/url]. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Other activities[/i][/center] [font=Garamond][size=4]While Night of the Nocturne is a great moment to hunt for very promising XYZ Gen1s for cheap, I somehow couldn't help myself and bought myself another dragon.. (What happened to my ambition to have a small lair?) Meet Yucca! He's quite shy but harbours a burning hate towards beastclans who plunder and kill dragons' nests. Using his keen sense of smell he'll hunt them down and try to kill them if he can. *tsk tsk* Such an angry lad. Needless to say, with most of the clan being beastclan-friendly, he doesn't always get along with the rest. I already gave him Python, as you can see, and [url=http://flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=155&bodygene=23&breed=6&element=11&eyetype=0&gender=0&tert=102&tertgene=22&winggene=16&wings=165&auth=8df6dfdfe660824d0b0b2fc2490c5a4531a1c0a5&dummyext=prev.png]I plan to give him Spinner and Firefly too![/url] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=44883894] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/448839/44883894_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [font=Garamond][size=4]Apart from Auction House sales, and the occasional forum-sale, not much happened. I exalted a good bunch of dragons during Earth's effort for Quad Dom, I played Glimmer & Gloom, and bumped the raffle thread. Sadly for the last, drawing more entrants remains hard. I have my fingers crossed and breath held for next week, hoping that NotN will bring some change. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Updated totals[/i][/center] [size=4][font=garamond] On-hand currency: 55.6% (+ 12.1%) Hoard value: 10.7% (+/- 0.0%)* Investments: 14.0.% (- 8.0%) Total: 80.3% (+ 4.1%) *I did update my hoard totals, because I love to see that before and after value from my farming activities during NotN. It's just simply that all the familiar reducing I've done outweighed the value I gained from farming the past week. My hoard gained a value of roughly 300k treasure, but converting that to gems results in about 375g, which is less than 0.05% .. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Plans for Night of the Nocturne[/i][/center] [font=garamond][size=4]It's not much different from my previous update. I'll farm as much as I can, I'll try to sell my Baldwin materials, I hope my raffle will draw some entrants paying with NotN stuff (either strange chests or the food/trinket items required for Swipp) and I will aim for 100 eggs. Fun fact; I was quite disheartened when I read that NotN would start a week later than expected. While my surgery is a necessary evil, I had planned it in such a way that I could farm NotN while recovering. But because NotN started a week later, I would be home sick for 3.5 days without NotN. But because of some drama at the hospital my appointment got rescheduled to next week thursday, which is absolutely perfect! Now I can recover farming for NotN after all. [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/uau4yamn96qep5a/earthmid.png[/img] [size=5][font=garamond][i]Question of the month[/i][/center] [font=garamond][size=4]Mini-festivals A few months ago we had the Drakeharvest and just now we saw the Frigidfin Expedition. How are you liking these mini-festivals? And do you like the changes that the admins added in Frigidfin, compared to Drakeharvest? (E.g. having extra food items that drop from all enemies, rather than just an increase in the drop chance of existing loot.) Are there any other changes you'd like to see? I am quite happy with these mini-festivals, and I hope that once we get used to them, the urge to farm the coliseum 24/7 to make the best use of the exp bonus and extra loot will fade a bit. Because I see myself burning out on all the excess farming during those few short days. And I personally think it was a great idea to add additional loot drops. With the food items already dropping most of the time, an increased drop chance is hardly noticeable, but with an extra loot item, all the farming really pays off. I can't wait to see what mini-festivals Spring and Summer will bring. [font=garamond]That's it for now. Thank you all for your continued interest and support. <3 And have a great Night of the Nocturne, and happy holidays! [center][img]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ed14j4hr5jhxspv/earthbottom.png[/img][/center] [font=garamond]Pinglist @SariStar @Gusted @StarlitFire @ShadowSwirl @Skorpion @Cakeless @SolusPrime379 @Tiger33621 @Shrine @ladylilitu @LightningShatter @mayanaz @Alphaeon @Tufira @Inkbrush @Iceex @PixelSpiral @Neptunite @phandalin @Katargo @GlitterDCMarvel @Kiowa @depinvenom @Hainu @pulses @CelesteNova @Wianes @boi @Youmeanies @blitzhund @megalizardon4736 @Dandie @ShianneJanelle @Lunamore @inkandbone @Cyrx @Bumpsly @Naahva @AlbinoWerewolf @buythestars @PinesAwait @echolaliate @Zac @Cotera @Jaspernoir @SpiceCookie @BerryPop @aleksey @Sealterbloind @Drakeswing @techmess @FrostDragonRose @Aersolace @TrustRae @Utahraptor93 @Featherycats @TheClassCalico @Zaharawolfkin @Jinoga @Vauvenal @take2thesky @Sawvren ---------------- @Kyrin18 - You looked interested in the quest when we spoke in that thread about what to do with 80k gems. I figured I'd give you a little nudge that I have quest thread here with monhtly-ish updates on the progress :D Let me know if you want to be added to the pinglist.
earthtop.png
Progress update
earthmid.png

Goodmorning folks!

I am a bit earlier than usual, and that's because of Night of the Nocturne. I, and I believe many others with me, were convinced Night of the Nocturne would start Sunday the 16th, and therefore neatly end before the end of December. If that were the case, I would probably not have made a pre-NotN update here. But, oh the disillusion! Since Night of the Nocturne will go on well into the first week of January, I've decided to make a pre- and post-NotN update; mostly to highlight the profits specifically from NotN.

This means that after NotN there will be another update! In this update I might do some fun stuff with progress graphs and whatnot about the profits so far and perhaps a bit of extrapolation to estimate how long we still have to go.

But before we get there, let's look at the profits from December so far.

earthmid.png
Auction House Sales
9fecxaN.png

The past 3 weeks I've sold some levelled fodder to the conquesting flights during Fire vs Shadow. I also sold a good bunch of Wildclaw Scrolls. I've also sold a bunch of food, especially meat is going quite fast, some purple sludge, of which the prices continues to rise, some more of the cycled apparel I had collecting dust in my vault and I sold a couple of treasure genes for gems as well. Because of the reselling, only a small part of this is actual profit, but it is nice to liquidate some items and grow the amount of gems tucked away in my vault.

earthmid.png
Coliseum spotlight
Before and during the unexpected FrigidFin Expedition, I spent a lot of time levelling fodder and perma dragons in the Mire. And while the Mire is generally quite stingy with loot, it seems I did something to please RNG this time, getting 4 eggs, all from the Mire in less than 2 weeks time.

Primary Gene: Python Vista: Forgotten Cave Molten Wartoad Unhatched Fire Egg Vista: Redrock Cove Unhatched Light Egg Rally Wetland Unicorn Crate Vista: Mire Unhatched Earth Egg Unhatched Shadow Egg Vista: Mire

Fenfisher Flattail x 22
Chillriver Bucktooth x 23
Bountiful Fishnet x 1200
Overflowing Fishbasket x 600

As a result of FrigidFin, I managed to stockpile 80 fodder dragons at lv10, and train 5 or 6 Gen1s to level 25. Some were Gen1s I want to keep, and some are destined for resale, and are listed on the Auction House.

earthmid.png
Other activities

While Night of the Nocturne is a great moment to hunt for very promising XYZ Gen1s for cheap, I somehow couldn't help myself and bought myself another dragon.. (What happened to my ambition to have a small lair?)
Meet Yucca! He's quite shy but harbours a burning hate towards beastclans who plunder and kill dragons' nests. Using his keen sense of smell he'll hunt them down and try to kill them if he can. *tsk tsk* Such an angry lad. Needless to say, with most of the clan being beastclan-friendly, he doesn't always get along with the rest.

I already gave him Python, as you can see, and I plan to give him Spinner and Firefly too!

Apart from Auction House sales, and the occasional forum-sale, not much happened. I exalted a good bunch of dragons during Earth's effort for Quad Dom, I played Glimmer & Gloom, and bumped the raffle thread. Sadly for the last, drawing more entrants remains hard. I have my fingers crossed and breath held for next week, hoping that NotN will bring some change.

earthmid.png
Updated totals

On-hand currency: 55.6% (+ 12.1%)
Hoard value: 10.7% (+/- 0.0%)*
Investments: 14.0.% (- 8.0%)
Total: 80.3% (+ 4.1%)

*I did update my hoard totals, because I love to see that before and after value from my farming activities during NotN. It's just simply that all the familiar reducing I've done outweighed the value I gained from farming the past week. My hoard gained a value of roughly 300k treasure, but converting that to gems results in about 375g, which is less than 0.05% ..

earthmid.png
Plans for Night of the Nocturne

It's not much different from my previous update. I'll farm as much as I can, I'll try to sell my Baldwin materials, I hope my raffle will draw some entrants paying with NotN stuff (either strange chests or the food/trinket items required for Swipp) and I will aim for 100 eggs.

Fun fact; I was quite disheartened when I read that NotN would start a week later than expected. While my surgery is a necessary evil, I had planned it in such a way that I could farm NotN while recovering. But because NotN started a week later, I would be home sick for 3.5 days without NotN. But because of some drama at the hospital my appointment got rescheduled to next week thursday, which is absolutely perfect! Now I can recover farming for NotN after all.

earthmid.png
Question of the month
Mini-festivals

A few months ago we had the Drakeharvest and just now we saw the Frigidfin Expedition. How are you liking these mini-festivals? And do you like the changes that the admins added in Frigidfin, compared to Drakeharvest? (E.g. having extra food items that drop from all enemies, rather than just an increase in the drop chance of existing loot.) Are there any other changes you'd like to see?

I am quite happy with these mini-festivals, and I hope that once we get used to them, the urge to farm the coliseum 24/7 to make the best use of the exp bonus and extra loot will fade a bit. Because I see myself burning out on all the excess farming during those few short days.
And I personally think it was a great idea to add additional loot drops. With the food items already dropping most of the time, an increased drop chance is hardly noticeable, but with an extra loot item, all the farming really pays off.

I can't wait to see what mini-festivals Spring and Summer will bring.

That's it for now. Thank you all for your continued interest and support. <3 And have a great Night of the Nocturne, and happy holidays!

earthbottom.png

Pinglist
@SariStar
@Gusted
@StarlitFire
@ShadowSwirl
@Skorpion
@Cakeless
@SolusPrime379
@Tiger33621
@Shrine
@ladylilitu
@LightningShatter
@mayanaz
@Alphaeon
@Tufira
@Inkbrush
@Iceex
@PixelSpiral
@Neptunite
@phandalin
@Katargo
@GlitterDCMarvel
@Kiowa
@depinvenom
@Hainu
@pulses
@CelesteNova
@Wianes
@boi
@Youmeanies
@blitzhund
@megalizardon4736
@Dandie
@ShianneJanelle
@Lunamore
@inkandbone
@Cyrx
@Bumpsly
@Naahva
@AlbinoWerewolf
@buythestars
@PinesAwait
@echolaliate
@Zac
@Cotera
@Jaspernoir
@SpiceCookie
@BerryPop
@aleksey
@Sealterbloind
@Drakeswing
@techmess
@FrostDragonRose
@Aersolace
@TrustRae
@Utahraptor93
@Featherycats
@TheClassCalico
@Zaharawolfkin
@Jinoga
@Vauvenal
@take2thesky
@Sawvren

@Kyrin18 - You looked interested in the quest when we spoke in that thread about what to do with 80k gems. I figured I'd give you a little nudge that I have quest thread here with monhtly-ish updates on the progress :D Let me know if you want to be added to the pinglist.
@gaia I used to be @/buythestars but I changed my name, could you add me to the pinglist again?

And to answer your question: I loved drakeharvest, but mostly because I got a lot of crab drops, and I also have 4 hermit crabs myself so they made me very happy. The thing I liked most about was the 30% exp we got during frigidfin! I’m a bit sad I didn’t get very many drops, I mostly farmed and leveled in the mire, and I didn’t get any of the familiar drops even after like 3 hours. Once I moved to the volcanic vents I got each of the familiars after like ten minutes, so I don’t know about that.
@gaia I used to be @/buythestars but I changed my name, could you add me to the pinglist again?

And to answer your question: I loved drakeharvest, but mostly because I got a lot of crab drops, and I also have 4 hermit crabs myself so they made me very happy. The thing I liked most about was the 30% exp we got during frigidfin! I’m a bit sad I didn’t get very many drops, I mostly farmed and leveled in the mire, and I didn’t get any of the familiar drops even after like 3 hours. Once I moved to the volcanic vents I got each of the familiars after like ten minutes, so I don’t know about that.
Bottled Embers Vial of Mysterious Toxin
heather | 16 | she-her | pisces
wishlist | about me | dragon projects
please read this before messaging me
1 2 ... 37 38 39 40 41 ... 51 52