Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Imperial Scroll Quest
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 51 52
I got a tip on Tumblr to focus on buying and reselling UM skins and accents as a way to make massive gem profits. However, I have 0 experience in that area or with skins/accents in general. Does anyone have any tips on where to start, what to keep in mind, etc..?

While I haven't set an end date or deadline for my quest, I do have a feeling of hurry, since I assume there's only so few scrolls even left unused (not even taking into account active owners that are willing to sell them). If skin/accent reselling is something that requires 1+ year of patience, I am afraid to invest a lot of my gems in it, since I may need my gems back sooner than I can make a profit off of it. (And I do have experience with bad investments, that in general make me a bit wary of investing in stuff so pricey.... ^^')

On a side note; I have also started selling my food..! I have tons of it laying around, so might as well use it as a way to add to my profits. Proceeds are small so far, but I guess in the end it'll all add up together.

Oh and side note 2: I've also started a gem buying thread (see signature). I'm going to need the gems in the end, but perhaps in the mean time gem flipping will provide some more profits..?
I got a tip on Tumblr to focus on buying and reselling UM skins and accents as a way to make massive gem profits. However, I have 0 experience in that area or with skins/accents in general. Does anyone have any tips on where to start, what to keep in mind, etc..?

While I haven't set an end date or deadline for my quest, I do have a feeling of hurry, since I assume there's only so few scrolls even left unused (not even taking into account active owners that are willing to sell them). If skin/accent reselling is something that requires 1+ year of patience, I am afraid to invest a lot of my gems in it, since I may need my gems back sooner than I can make a profit off of it. (And I do have experience with bad investments, that in general make me a bit wary of investing in stuff so pricey.... ^^')

On a side note; I have also started selling my food..! I have tons of it laying around, so might as well use it as a way to add to my profits. Proceeds are small so far, but I guess in the end it'll all add up together.

Oh and side note 2: I've also started a gem buying thread (see signature). I'm going to need the gems in the end, but perhaps in the mean time gem flipping will provide some more profits..?
@Gaia

I did save up an impressive amount of gems one time (24k!) so I think I could be of assistance if you want to know how to do so. I'd suggest selling expensive but popular items (eggs, scrolls, chests, boss familiars, eliminates etc) for gems prices on the AH as well as making a thread for them. Try breeding super pretty or rare dragons and selling them as well. Lore dragons tend to sell more so if your dragon isn't that pretty just add some lore to it. You can try leveling dragons, too. You might also want to contact the people who do have Imp scrolls and see if they can hold it for you?

P.S Selling other trinkets work too and is typically more effective if you have a lot of them.
@Gaia

I did save up an impressive amount of gems one time (24k!) so I think I could be of assistance if you want to know how to do so. I'd suggest selling expensive but popular items (eggs, scrolls, chests, boss familiars, eliminates etc) for gems prices on the AH as well as making a thread for them. Try breeding super pretty or rare dragons and selling them as well. Lore dragons tend to sell more so if your dragon isn't that pretty just add some lore to it. You can try leveling dragons, too. You might also want to contact the people who do have Imp scrolls and see if they can hold it for you?

P.S Selling other trinkets work too and is typically more effective if you have a lot of them.
PpBM5cS.png
@SolusPrime379 Thanks for the advice! :D
I am planning, as a source of income, to breed my own exalt fodder (either to level and exalt, or sell on the AH) so I won't have the breeding space to breed beautiful/lore dragons on top of that, but perhaps restarting my old item selling thread for some of the items I have in my hoard would be a good idea! I think I still have some cycled out gem-marketplace items collecting dust somewhere..
@SolusPrime379 Thanks for the advice! :D
I am planning, as a source of income, to breed my own exalt fodder (either to level and exalt, or sell on the AH) so I won't have the breeding space to breed beautiful/lore dragons on top of that, but perhaps restarting my old item selling thread for some of the items I have in my hoard would be a good idea! I think I still have some cycled out gem-marketplace items collecting dust somewhere..
@Gaia Ooooh! Could I be added to your pinglist please? I wish you luck with your quest.
@Gaia Ooooh! Could I be added to your pinglist please? I wish you luck with your quest.
@Cakeless Ofcourse, I'll add you right away! I think I will post a big update about once a week for which I'll use the pinglist. :) Thanks for the goodluck wishes! I think I'm going to need it all!
@Cakeless Ofcourse, I'll add you right away! I think I will post a big update about once a week for which I'll use the pinglist. :) Thanks for the goodluck wishes! I think I'm going to need it all!
@Gaia Thank you! It'll be a lot of saving, but it'll be worth it in the end. When you get the scrolls, are you planning to use them on any particular dragons?
@Gaia Thank you! It'll be a lot of saving, but it'll be worth it in the end. When you get the scrolls, are you planning to use them on any particular dragons?
@Cakeless I don't have specific dragons in mind yet (I'd just make myself go crazy if I already went off to the scrying workshop to preview dragons as Imps before I even had the scrolls), but I'll certainly pick them with much care..

But I have noticed my taste has shifted a bit to subtle, pastel colors, especially browns, yellows and greens. I love Sand as a color, especially it's green accent color when you use for example Poison or Petals. I love Ivory, Banana and other such colors as tertiary, using Glimmer, so I'd be looking for Gen1d that look like that...!

I'm gonna be really really picky, so it may take a while before I actually apply the scrolls, but I am planning on using them! :)
@Cakeless I don't have specific dragons in mind yet (I'd just make myself go crazy if I already went off to the scrying workshop to preview dragons as Imps before I even had the scrolls), but I'll certainly pick them with much care..

But I have noticed my taste has shifted a bit to subtle, pastel colors, especially browns, yellows and greens. I love Sand as a color, especially it's green accent color when you use for example Poison or Petals. I love Ivory, Banana and other such colors as tertiary, using Glimmer, so I'd be looking for Gen1d that look like that...!

I'm gonna be really really picky, so it may take a while before I actually apply the scrolls, but I am planning on using them! :)
@Gaia

*sneaks in to your little conversation* If you decide you should post the before and after of the G1's, I'd love to see it.
@Gaia

*sneaks in to your little conversation* If you decide you should post the before and after of the G1's, I'd love to see it.
PpBM5cS.png
@SolusPrime379 Ofcourse, ofcourse I will! :) I'll most likely use the pinglist for such updates. Would you like to be added to it?
@SolusPrime379 Ofcourse, ofcourse I will! :) I'll most likely use the pinglist for such updates. Would you like to be added to it?
@Gaia

Well, I'm already subscribed to the thread but a pinglist is probably a better idea so sure!
@Gaia

Well, I'm already subscribed to the thread but a pinglist is probably a better idea so sure!
PpBM5cS.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 51 52