Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [RoR] Explore the Scarred Wasteland
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26
@Hanelli This ... might have been a mistake. Ivan thought this to himself as he descended into the red, smoky vapor that drifted above the Wyrmwound. He was already feeling much too warm in his coat and mantle, and deciding he could engage in this suicide mission some other time he stroked his wings hard, trying to regain the cool, clean air that circulated above the miasma of steam and smog. But he had already descended too far, and the rancid stench of the Wyrmwound made him dizzy and disoriented. He spiraled lower, now only hoping for a safe place to land. Beneath his claws, as far as the eye could see, was nothing but bubbling, liquid plague. Yes, this was definitely a mistake, he repeated to himself. He didn't think his immune system was up to the task of fending off this much of Plaguebringer's mystery concoctions. Now almost out of control, he plummeted toward the red swath of sick, his desperation growing by the second. But wait! There below him something broad and solid bobbed in the lake. He steered toward it with the last of his control and managed to half crash, half land square on top of it. Waiting a moment to ensure he had a solid perch, he finally inspected this unexpected godsend. He was bobbing up and down on a [center][item=scythe crate][/center]
@Hanelli This ... might have been a mistake. Ivan thought this to himself as he descended into the red, smoky vapor that drifted above the Wyrmwound. He was already feeling much too warm in his coat and mantle, and deciding he could engage in this suicide mission some other time he stroked his wings hard, trying to regain the cool, clean air that circulated above the miasma of steam and smog. But he had already descended too far, and the rancid stench of the Wyrmwound made him dizzy and disoriented. He spiraled lower, now only hoping for a safe place to land. Beneath his claws, as far as the eye could see, was nothing but bubbling, liquid plague. Yes, this was definitely a mistake, he repeated to himself. He didn't think his immune system was up to the task of fending off this much of Plaguebringer's mystery concoctions. Now almost out of control, he plummeted toward the red swath of sick, his desperation growing by the second. But wait! There below him something broad and solid bobbed in the lake. He steered toward it with the last of his control and managed to half crash, half land square on top of it. Waiting a moment to ensure he had a solid perch, he finally inspected this unexpected godsend. He was bobbing up and down on a

Scythe Crate
@@@mHwnQKP.png @@@ 3idolon.gif
@
@
@3idolon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=14112191] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/141122/14112191_350.png[/img] [/url] Callista peered at the border between the Arcane lands and the Plague lands. It was the end of the Starfall Celebration and she was feeling sentimental. She can still see her love, standing just over the way, the first time they met. Though, the entire time they courted, Callista has never entered the Plague lands, though with a good reason. Maybe today was the day. Besides, she could spare a few minutes. (Good ol' number one for me!)
@3idolon

14112191_350.png

Callista peered at the border between the Arcane lands and the Plague lands. It was the end of the Starfall Celebration and she was feeling sentimental. She can still see her love, standing just over the way, the first time they met. Though, the entire time they courted, Callista has never entered the Plague lands, though with a good reason. Maybe today was the day. Besides, she could spare a few minutes.

(Good ol' number one for me!)
quill.png
[size=2][color=#bc9ad4]@3idolon A beat of silence dragged on as Kairin and the Serthis cautiously eyed each other from a safe distance. The small fae, oddly still and absent of their usual energy, cast a cool glance towards their aer phantom. The spirit bobbed in the air and zipped away towards the back of the clan. Veran, the clan patriarch and head of the guard, took a single step forward as Leira, the clan matriarch, calmly stepped forward and bowed her head to the Serthis in a show of peace. "We wish no harm to you. Our clan lives alongside your kind. We come here to explore, not to wage war." The Serthis was taking shaky breaths as they stared at Leira with narrowed eyes. They seemed to be holding their composure with a lot of effort. Finally, they let some of the tension seep out of their shoulders, though they didn't completely let down their guard. "You will allow me to pass," they stated, in a tone that sounded more questioning than authoritative. Before Leira had a chance to answer, the aer phantom returned, looped around Kairin three times, and zipped off again, returning in moments with three Serthis in tow. Kairin nodded with approval and flitted forward.[/color][/size] [columns][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/6332.png[/img][nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/418.png[/img][nextcol][img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/art/419.png[/img][/columns] [size=2][color=#bc9ad4]"As you see, we are a clan of dragon and beast. Many of us have trouble fitting in, and our only loyalty is to each other. Our purpose is simply to go wherever we are drawn to. What about you? What is your journey?" The Serthis stared at Kairin, and then past them, at the three Serthis. After studying the group for a moment, they seemed to recognize one of them, eyes widening in surprise. Absently, they answered, "I am leaving." Kairin's fins flared a few times as they contemplated that statement. "If you have nowhere to go, would you like to come with us?-- Do you know each other?" Even in their monotone voice, it was obvious that Kairin was amused at the way this strange Serthis and one of the nomadic Serthis were incredulously glancing at each other. The Serthis shook their head. "No. You are going. I am leaving..." They glanced at the group of Serthis once more, and questioned. "Where... are you going?" Kairin simply pointed vaguely away from the Tangled Wood. "There, approximately." The Serthis shook their head. "No. You do not want to go there." "Why not?" "... Follow me if you wish to survive." ~ With the Serthis' help to avoid the large congregations of hostile Serthis, Kairin and their clan safely made it to [b]area #46[/b]. [/color][/size][size=1][color=#bc9ad4]i got carried away oops [s]AAAAAA[/s]
@3idolon
A beat of silence dragged on as Kairin and the Serthis cautiously eyed each other from a safe distance. The small fae, oddly still and absent of their usual energy, cast a cool glance towards their aer phantom. The spirit bobbed in the air and zipped away towards the back of the clan. Veran, the clan patriarch and head of the guard, took a single step forward as Leira, the clan matriarch, calmly stepped forward and bowed her head to the Serthis in a show of peace.

"We wish no harm to you. Our clan lives alongside your kind. We come here to explore, not to wage war."

The Serthis was taking shaky breaths as they stared at Leira with narrowed eyes. They seemed to be holding their composure with a lot of effort. Finally, they let some of the tension seep out of their shoulders, though they didn't completely let down their guard. "You will allow me to pass," they stated, in a tone that sounded more questioning than authoritative.

Before Leira had a chance to answer, the aer phantom returned, looped around Kairin three times, and zipped off again, returning in moments with three Serthis in tow. Kairin nodded with approval and flitted forward.

6332.png 418.png 419.png

"As you see, we are a clan of dragon and beast. Many of us have trouble fitting in, and our only loyalty is to each other. Our purpose is simply to go wherever we are drawn to. What about you? What is your journey?"

The Serthis stared at Kairin, and then past them, at the three Serthis. After studying the group for a moment, they seemed to recognize one of them, eyes widening in surprise. Absently, they answered, "I am leaving."

Kairin's fins flared a few times as they contemplated that statement. "If you have nowhere to go, would you like to come with us?-- Do you know each other?" Even in their monotone voice, it was obvious that Kairin was amused at the way this strange Serthis and one of the nomadic Serthis were incredulously glancing at each other.

The Serthis shook their head. "No. You are going. I am leaving..." They glanced at the group of Serthis once more, and questioned. "Where... are you going?"

Kairin simply pointed vaguely away from the Tangled Wood. "There, approximately."

The Serthis shook their head. "No. You do not want to go there."

"Why not?"

"... Follow me if you wish to survive."

~

With the Serthis' help to avoid the large congregations of hostile Serthis, Kairin and their clan safely made it to area #46.

i got carried away
oops
AAAAAA
((Kai || they/them))
K6TNbNL.pnggnd7XS8.pngxAaH3K8.pngipiaOGP.pngLrK9u2q.png
@3idolon [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=21079781] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/210798/21079781_350.png[/img] [/url] Plegma has always been curious of the wasteland and everything around her. The rotten scents Edgar always tells her about, the crawling plants she sees outside, the chattering of the passing creatures that pierces her with their sharp eyes; the wasteland is truly a mysterious place. She sighed as she looked out the barred hole she made in her quarter. She always wanted to go off and explore, but every single adult here warns her against doing so. Just then, Requiem fluttered by inside. "A message from Vixia. 'Plegma, the main and I we're going out to help prepare for the upcoming Riot of Rot. Please be kind to Requiem and all the other dragons I left in charge. Don't try to be naughty, as your every mischief will be reported to me. Just stay inside and keep safe. Glory to the Plaguebringer!' You heard that right? I hope you did. Listen to Vixia okay? I'm going to leave now.", he yawned as he went out. Oh, right, it's almost the first of October. They must have went early. She looked outside and stared into the sky. Though it's midnight, the cawing of the vultures still aren't dying out. They are feasting on something and they look very busy. An idea popped into her head. She calmly tiptoed out of the room, looking left and right for her other clanmates. They seem to be all fast asleep. She quickly, but silently, scampered outside. She breathed in the warm, putrid air. It smells of adventure. Oh no, Vixia wouldn't like this. Plegma has always been curious of the wasteland and everything around her. She dares to explore, and carefully approaches the feasting vultures. (26) She hopes that their hunger is already quenched by the gigantic creature they devoured.
@3idolon

21079781_350.png

Plegma has always been curious of the wasteland and everything around her. The rotten scents Edgar always tells her about, the crawling plants she sees outside, the chattering of the passing creatures that pierces her with their sharp eyes; the wasteland is truly a mysterious place. She sighed as she looked out the barred hole she made in her quarter. She always wanted to go off and explore, but every single adult here warns her against doing so.
Just then, Requiem fluttered by inside.
"A message from Vixia. 'Plegma, the main and I we're going out to help prepare for the upcoming Riot of Rot. Please be kind to Requiem and all the other dragons I left in charge. Don't try to be naughty, as your every mischief will be reported to me. Just stay inside and keep safe. Glory to the Plaguebringer!' You heard that right? I hope you did. Listen to Vixia okay? I'm going to leave now.", he yawned as he went out. Oh, right, it's almost the first of October. They must have went early. She looked outside and stared into the sky. Though it's midnight, the cawing of the vultures still aren't dying out. They are feasting on something and they look very busy. An idea popped into her head. She calmly tiptoed out of the room, looking left and right for her other clanmates. They seem to be all fast asleep. She quickly, but silently, scampered outside. She breathed in the warm, putrid air. It smells of adventure. Oh no, Vixia wouldn't like this.

Plegma has always been curious of the wasteland and everything around her. She dares to explore, and carefully approaches the feasting vultures. (26) She hopes that their hunger is already quenched by the gigantic creature they devoured.
No88Iil.gif6Mp9Ctr.gifpv1gzGu.gifmF0lXVs.gif7WztnsO.gifGl1zSGo.gifV65Xcnk.gifHqXMdD7.gif
@Kialla Theta looks out at the Sea of a Thousand Currents, enjoying a quiet moment with her equine friends. Granted it's not quite like home, where the sea is often whipped into a tempest by the ever-present storms, but she still takes comfort in the spray of salt that blows over her whenever the waves crash on the rocks below. She is, after all, a guardian dragon of the sea. Theta is so preoccupied with the sight and sound and smell of the waves that she doesn't notice the caravan coming up behind her until it's practically upon her. She startles as wooden wheels squeal to a stop, and turns just as an old mirror alights and approaches her. [columns] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/191973/19197210.png[/img] [nextcol] "Hello there young miss," the mirror says, "I couldn't help but notice your beautiful Kelpie familiar. Is it perhaps for sale?" Theta stares back, for a moment too affronted to speak. "No it is not." She says, bluntly. "Ah," the mirror smiles, "but you haven't even looked at what I have to offer you. Come, I'm sure we can reach a suitable arrangement. "I told you my Kelpie is not for sale," Theta says, growing angry. "Very well, how about that young carrioncorn stallion then?" Theta stands in front of her new friend protectively. "None of them are for sale, now go. I'm not here to do business." [/columns] "What in the world are you in the Plaguelands for then?" The mirror grumbles, but he says this mostly to himself as he turns away with a huff. Theta watches the caravan roll off, and it's not until it's disappeared completely into the red haze that she notices a crate has fallen off the back. Cracking this open, she finds inside [center][item=scavenger's tatters][/center]
@Kialla Theta looks out at the Sea of a Thousand Currents, enjoying a quiet moment with her equine friends. Granted it's not quite like home, where the sea is often whipped into a tempest by the ever-present storms, but she still takes comfort in the spray of salt that blows over her whenever the waves crash on the rocks below. She is, after all, a guardian dragon of the sea. Theta is so preoccupied with the sight and sound and smell of the waves that she doesn't notice the caravan coming up behind her until it's practically upon her. She startles as wooden wheels squeal to a stop, and turns just as an old mirror alights and approaches her.
19197210.png "Hello there young miss," the mirror says, "I couldn't help but notice your beautiful Kelpie familiar. Is it perhaps for sale?" Theta stares back, for a moment too affronted to speak. "No it is not." She says, bluntly. "Ah," the mirror smiles, "but you haven't even looked at what I have to offer you. Come, I'm sure we can reach a suitable arrangement. "I told you my Kelpie is not for sale," Theta says, growing angry. "Very well, how about that young carrioncorn stallion then?" Theta stands in front of her new friend protectively. "None of them are for sale, now go. I'm not here to do business."
"What in the world are you in the Plaguelands for then?" The mirror grumbles, but he says this mostly to himself as he turns away with a huff. Theta watches the caravan roll off, and it's not until it's disappeared completely into the red haze that she notices a crate has fallen off the back. Cracking this open, she finds inside

Scavenger's Tatters
@
@
@3idolon Oh, this looks like a lot of fun! count me in. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35972709] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/359728/35972709_350.png[/img] [/url] Beep is fearless, in the way that the young who have not yet encountered danger, true danger, are fearless. His parents are both brave and fierce, and he is eager to both seek his place beside them, as well as separate himself from his twin sister, Peep. He has heard tell of the strange things that can be found in the Scarred Wasteland, so different from his home in the wind lands. His curiosity has gotten the better of him, so he has decided to sneak out of the clan's territory and have an adventure! He has made it to strange territory, alright. Though he has not yet realized it, he appears to have become [u][b]lost in the red miasma (18).[/b][/u]
@3idolon Oh, this looks like a lot of fun! count me in.

35972709_350.png

Beep is fearless, in the way that the young who have not yet encountered danger, true danger, are fearless. His parents are both brave and fierce, and he is eager to both seek his place beside them, as well as separate himself from his twin sister, Peep.

He has heard tell of the strange things that can be found in the Scarred Wasteland, so different from his home in the wind lands. His curiosity has gotten the better of him, so he has decided to sneak out of the clan's territory and have an adventure!

He has made it to strange territory, alright. Though he has not yet realized it, he appears to have become lost in the red miasma (18).
~*~tumblr_inline_nhxskmd60w1qcphlu.png ~*~ 7Yd5VBo.png ~*~
@3idolon

…mistakes were made.

Well, who knew that even if he was born under the Arcane’s influence, he wouldn’t be able to fully fight off the miasma that was swirling around him—maybe wearing so much of this heavy clothing was a mistake?! He could feel his energy getting sapped the lower he flew, but just as he thought he was going to meet his end right in the very center of the Scarred Wasteland, he found something he could land on! Directing himself there, he barely made it in time on the lone island floating, scrabbling for purchase on the slippery surface.

“…that was definitely not a good idea,” he hissed, flapping his wings as best as he could, steering himself towards the shore. It took a while, but he’d finally managed to land on one side of the miasmic abyss, wrestling the…thing he’d landed atop on as he hauled himself out of the bubbling goo.

“…hm, strange thing. Well, I’m sure the hoarders back home will find use of this,” he added to himself, shaking himself down and inspecting himself for any excess goo that might’ve wormed its way into his clothes as he took the crate along with him.

He’d landed over a certain point that was overlooking the Wyrmwound (74), and he thought he saw something…?
@3idolon

…mistakes were made.

Well, who knew that even if he was born under the Arcane’s influence, he wouldn’t be able to fully fight off the miasma that was swirling around him—maybe wearing so much of this heavy clothing was a mistake?! He could feel his energy getting sapped the lower he flew, but just as he thought he was going to meet his end right in the very center of the Scarred Wasteland, he found something he could land on! Directing himself there, he barely made it in time on the lone island floating, scrabbling for purchase on the slippery surface.

“…that was definitely not a good idea,” he hissed, flapping his wings as best as he could, steering himself towards the shore. It took a while, but he’d finally managed to land on one side of the miasmic abyss, wrestling the…thing he’d landed atop on as he hauled himself out of the bubbling goo.

“…hm, strange thing. Well, I’m sure the hoarders back home will find use of this,” he added to himself, shaking himself down and inspecting himself for any excess goo that might’ve wormed its way into his clothes as he took the crate along with him.

He’d landed over a certain point that was overlooking the Wyrmwound (74), and he thought he saw something…?
@queenmedusozoa Callista stopped just at the border to the plague lands, wary of the dangers they posed but also made wistful by the memories they brought. Her Masked Phantom floated gently by her side, loyally keeping watch as she contemplated the horizon. She was brought out of her reverie at the sound of someone crying. It was coming from the bracken further into the Contagion. Her Phantom obviously didn't want to go any further but she couldn't just ignore someone in trouble. She picked her way carefully through the mire, and when she got close enough she called out, "Hello? Are you alright? Where are you?" The crying stopped. She waited, and after a few moments a small serthis child slithered from the bushes, carrying a red blanket. When it saw her it squeaked and turned to flee, but she quickly reassured it, "It's alright, I won't hurt you. What's wrong?" The serthis looked at her with big eyes, finally deciding it could trust her. "I'm lost." It said. I chased a roan mouse out here and now I can't find my way home." Callista gave a worried frown. "Oh, I'm not sure I can help, I'm a visitor here myself." The serthis child came closer. "Please? We live beneath a big, dead tree. I just got turned around, I know it must be close by." Callista considered this. "Alright, wait here a moment." And with that she took to the sky. When she reached a respectable height she took out her cosmologist field tools, looking through the eyepiece of the handheld telescope. The surrounding landscape was a maze of low-lying vegetation, but there, not too far in the distance, she could make out a large dead sycamore. She flew back to the serthis child. "I think I've found your home, come with me, it's not far off." She guided the serthis through the underbrush, holding it by one scaled hand, and then pointing when the branches of the tree came into view. "There it is," she said, "is that your home?" The serthis clapped its hands in delight. "That's it! That's it! Thank you so much! Here, please have this, it's my favorite blanket." And with that it raced back to its den. Callista held up the furry 'blanket', surprised to discover it was actually a [center][item=blood red wolf cape][/center]
@queenmedusozoa Callista stopped just at the border to the plague lands, wary of the dangers they posed but also made wistful by the memories they brought. Her Masked Phantom floated gently by her side, loyally keeping watch as she contemplated the horizon. She was brought out of her reverie at the sound of someone crying. It was coming from the bracken further into the Contagion. Her Phantom obviously didn't want to go any further but she couldn't just ignore someone in trouble.

She picked her way carefully through the mire, and when she got close enough she called out, "Hello? Are you alright? Where are you?" The crying stopped. She waited, and after a few moments a small serthis child slithered from the bushes, carrying a red blanket. When it saw her it squeaked and turned to flee, but she quickly reassured it, "It's alright, I won't hurt you. What's wrong?" The serthis looked at her with big eyes, finally deciding it could trust her. "I'm lost." It said. I chased a roan mouse out here and now I can't find my way home." Callista gave a worried frown. "Oh, I'm not sure I can help, I'm a visitor here myself." The serthis child came closer. "Please? We live beneath a big, dead tree. I just got turned around, I know it must be close by." Callista considered this. "Alright, wait here a moment." And with that she took to the sky.

When she reached a respectable height she took out her cosmologist field tools, looking through the eyepiece of the handheld telescope. The surrounding landscape was a maze of low-lying vegetation, but there, not too far in the distance, she could make out a large dead sycamore. She flew back to the serthis child. "I think I've found your home, come with me, it's not far off." She guided the serthis through the underbrush, holding it by one scaled hand, and then pointing when the branches of the tree came into view. "There it is," she said, "is that your home?" The serthis clapped its hands in delight. "That's it! That's it! Thank you so much! Here, please have this, it's my favorite blanket." And with that it raced back to its den. Callista held up the furry 'blanket', surprised to discover it was actually a

Blood Red Wolf Cape
@
@
@3idolon

As the caravan slowly leaves she adorns the newly acquired Scavengers Tatters and looks at her kelpi and their new friend. "Stay as close as you can." She says sternly. Once the cart is out of sight she begins to think to herself "Maybe we should follow the tracks they must know their way around here if they are attempting to do trades." So with that thought they set off to follow the cart and see where they may end up. As they begin to follow the tracks back made by the cart they notice something off in the distance. It appears to be some sort of smoke. Just as she begins to approach she hears a voice calling to her. "Don't go into the poison smoke. (25)" Shouts a small Wildclaw child. As she looks over she sees a little red dragon running towards her no more than 5 days old. "So that cloud over there is poisonous you say?" she ask the child with the look of curiosity in her eye. "Yes many dragons go in but few come back out I don't think its a good idea to go in there if I were you." He replied. Theta looks at her friends and says to them "Stay there and wait for for me to get back." With that she slowly walks into the smoke as her friends and the child watch her disappear into the thick cloud of smoke.

Number 25 please.
@3idolon

As the caravan slowly leaves she adorns the newly acquired Scavengers Tatters and looks at her kelpi and their new friend. "Stay as close as you can." She says sternly. Once the cart is out of sight she begins to think to herself "Maybe we should follow the tracks they must know their way around here if they are attempting to do trades." So with that thought they set off to follow the cart and see where they may end up. As they begin to follow the tracks back made by the cart they notice something off in the distance. It appears to be some sort of smoke. Just as she begins to approach she hears a voice calling to her. "Don't go into the poison smoke. (25)" Shouts a small Wildclaw child. As she looks over she sees a little red dragon running towards her no more than 5 days old. "So that cloud over there is poisonous you say?" she ask the child with the look of curiosity in her eye. "Yes many dragons go in but few come back out I don't think its a good idea to go in there if I were you." He replied. Theta looks at her friends and says to them "Stay there and wait for for me to get back." With that she slowly walks into the smoke as her friends and the child watch her disappear into the thick cloud of smoke.

Number 25 please.
?pWsc_=party.png
@KairinRose With the help of their new Serthis friend, a trip that should have taken days and been hampered by untold dangers and pitfalls barely seemed to take any time at all. The Serthis was obviously a long time native of the land and they not only knew what areas to avoid, but also the hidden paths through the Abiding Boneyard, which had claimed so many explorers and would-be adventures in the past. Kairin was enjoying every moment of it. Exploring was in their blood and they were seeing places and things that no dragon had seen before them. Their Aer Phantom bobbed joyously alongside, obviously picking up on Kairin's mood. Finally the Serthis came to a halt. "You travel well, for dragon-kind." It said. Kairin smiled back at Veran and Leira, then turned to address the Serthis. "We're nomads, traveling is what we do." The Serthis contemplated these words for a moment. "Perhaps I will come with you after all, if you are travelers as you say. But first I must know if you will also accept my companion." Kairin flared their fins. "Who is your companion," they asked curiously. The Serthis whistled, and from out of the tendrils came an [center][item=infestation hound][/center]
@KairinRose With the help of their new Serthis friend, a trip that should have taken days and been hampered by untold dangers and pitfalls barely seemed to take any time at all. The Serthis was obviously a long time native of the land and they not only knew what areas to avoid, but also the hidden paths through the Abiding Boneyard, which had claimed so many explorers and would-be adventures in the past.

Kairin was enjoying every moment of it. Exploring was in their blood and they were seeing places and things that no dragon had seen before them. Their Aer Phantom bobbed joyously alongside, obviously picking up on Kairin's mood.

Finally the Serthis came to a halt. "You travel well, for dragon-kind." It said. Kairin smiled back at Veran and Leira, then turned to address the Serthis. "We're nomads, traveling is what we do." The Serthis contemplated these words for a moment. "Perhaps I will come with you after all, if you are travelers as you say. But first I must know if you will also accept my companion."

Kairin flared their fins. "Who is your companion," they asked curiously.

The Serthis whistled, and from out of the tendrils came an

Infestation Hound
@
@
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 25 26