Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [CLOSED] GALA Sornieth Winter Games '18
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16
Day 1: [b]Figure Skating[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29571889] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/295719/29571889_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]"I may be coming in late, but I'll be fine, Yuuri!" Viktor hums, a grin aimed at the Coatl. He slows his eager pace to give Yuuri time to waddle over the snowbanks with him. An anxious grumble nearly escapes with the winds. [b]~After this, we ARE going to check if these booths are also selling alarm clocks.~[/b] Why the heck had he gone along with the idea of a soak and a nap? He had assumed himself to be the more pragmatic of the two of them, but it seemed that— Yuuri has to nearly roll off the path to avoid a collision with his companion. "See! The entry booth is still open." Viktor shifts his bag across his back to get a proper grip on the pen being handed to him.[/i]
Day 1: Figure Skating

"I may be coming in late, but I'll be fine, Yuuri!" Viktor hums, a grin aimed at the Coatl. He slows his eager pace to give Yuuri time to waddle over the snowbanks with him.

An anxious grumble nearly escapes with the winds. ~After this, we ARE going to check if these booths are also selling alarm clocks.~ Why the heck had he gone along with the idea of a soak and a nap? He had assumed himself to be the more pragmatic of the two of them, but it seemed that—

Yuuri has to nearly roll off the path to avoid a collision with his companion.

"See! The entry booth is still open." Viktor shifts his bag across his back to get a proper grip on the pen being handed to him.
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
[b]Figure Skating[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38775019] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/387751/38775019_350.png[/img] [/url] Mistress was nervous. The previous entry was well trained. Her elegant movements were alligned perfectly and her routine was designed to awe the audience. A touch pulled Mistress out of her head. Back to the present, where Gilbert, her loyal familiar gave her a worried look. Mistress spreaded her crests, gathering her usual confidence. A lady would never show fear in front of her entrustet. She checked her apparel one last time. Azura has washed her clothes in a bath with a sparkling secret. Now the royal purple garment reflected the sunlight, as if stars were trapped within the threads. Perfect. Even though her body was so small compared to many of the others, her attitude and her perfect white scales would grant her the attention she needed. She took a deep breath, straighend her posture and stepped out on the ice when her name was announced.
Figure Skating

38775019_350.png

Mistress was nervous. The previous entry was well trained. Her elegant movements were alligned perfectly and her routine was designed to awe the audience.
A touch pulled Mistress out of her head. Back to the present, where Gilbert, her loyal familiar gave her a worried look. Mistress spreaded her crests, gathering her usual confidence. A lady would never show fear in front of her entrustet. She checked her apparel one last time. Azura has washed her clothes in a bath with a sparkling secret. Now the royal purple garment reflected the sunlight, as if stars were trapped within the threads. Perfect. Even though her body was so small compared to many of the others, her attitude and her perfect white scales would grant her the attention she needed.
She took a deep breath, straighend her posture and stepped out on the ice when her name was announced.
JUqGEEnK_o.png
________[/url]TWUOxzI.png______
[b]Day 2 - Luge[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26546969] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/265470/26546969_350.png[/img] [/url] Nebuchadnezzar huffed and puffed fit to blow a house down. He wasn't angry, just hyperventilating. Soran the (former) Stonewatch Prince wondered if he needed a paper bag to breathe into. "Are you all right? [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=26683071]Your mate[/url] would tromp me flat if you keeled over all of a sudden!" "I'm OK...I'm OK!" Neb puffed again. "I don't know why I let Kisharaq talk me into this." "You felt sorry for him," Soran grunted, with devastating accuracy. Neb gave him a wounded look with his limpid blue eyes. Soran didn't really have much patience for Neb's attitude right now. After escaping from his clan, he'd had quite a hard time, and he was inclined to dismiss what he considered to be nothing more than whining. Still, when the event started and the rotund Snapper slid past on his sled, the harpy (former) prince had to groan, "Talona help us all." He even felt a cold chill ripple up his spine. A few seconds later, spectators were briefly distracted by the harpy's piercing shriek. It turned out that the "cold chill" had been Neb's familiar trying to lick his feathers off.
Day 2 - Luge

26546969_350.png

Nebuchadnezzar huffed and puffed fit to blow a house down. He wasn't angry, just hyperventilating. Soran the (former) Stonewatch Prince wondered if he needed a paper bag to breathe into. "Are you all right? Your mate would tromp me flat if you keeled over all of a sudden!"

"I'm OK...I'm OK!" Neb puffed again. "I don't know why I let Kisharaq talk me into this."

"You felt sorry for him," Soran grunted, with devastating accuracy. Neb gave him a wounded look with his limpid blue eyes.

Soran didn't really have much patience for Neb's attitude right now. After escaping from his clan, he'd had quite a hard time, and he was inclined to dismiss what he considered to be nothing more than whining.

Still, when the event started and the rotund Snapper slid past on his sled, the harpy (former) prince had to groan, "Talona help us all." He even felt a cold chill ripple up his spine.

A few seconds later, spectators were briefly distracted by the harpy's piercing shriek. It turned out that the "cold chill" had been Neb's familiar trying to lick his feathers off.
Disillusionist's Lore & More .. {Free} bio resourcesLF Affiliates
female / INTJ / Capricorn / +16 FR time
Clan: FAQ | Stats | Lore Thread | Directory | Avatar
Wishlists: outfits & genes | general | familiars
Please check the spelling of my name when pinging me: @Disillusionist. Thanks!
[b]Event: Figure Skating[/b] [b]Dragon: Enchantress[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=29856915] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/298570/29856915_350.png[/img] [/url] It was uncommon knowledge that Enchantress was born to the Ice flight. Of course, she fled her frozen birthplace years ago and doesn't speak of her childhood to anyone in the the guild, but it's always a little difficult to tell the difference between ice and wind eyes unless you get close. She was content where she was now, with a husband and daughter who loved her, and a home where her beauty and talent was appreciated. Yet, when Clay came bounding into the guild hall and announced that the Winter Games would be opening registration to all flights, she signed herself up for figure skating. Why had she done that? Eve, her gentle daughter and the light of her life, asked her, and Enchantress was unable to answer. It had been years since she had touched an ice rink, there was no way she could compete on par with dragons from across the world. But in the back of her mind, old memories unearthed themselves. She recalled her first time on the ice, shakily walking across a frozen pond, her mother steadying her, her father waiting on the other side, calling her name. She remembers skating with her mother, her mother performing graceful loops and spins and showing her daughter how to dance like her. Still a hatching, she clumsily recreated her mother's intricate performance before stumbling and landing in a heap on the ice. Her mother laughed, bright and warm in this cold, dead, landscape. She remembers her first recital, a little older now, performing for the clan she was born to. They were poor in wealth but rich in spirit, and Enchantress's dance was given a standing ovation. Dragons she couldn't recall the names of clapped her on the back and told her she had a gift, that she could be famous. Her father, tired and distant most of the time, smiled at her and told her he was proud. Enchantress tried so hard to ignore those feelings, the tidbits of warmth that dotted her cold and ruthless childhood. But her mother's laugh and her father's smile were so kind, so gentle that she couldn't. She would make them proud one last time, wherever they were. Poriot, her beloved, stepped up. The other pearlcatcher had never even left the plateau and two days later, he wakes his wife up and tells her they're taking a vacation to the Southern Icefields so she can practice. Everything has been packed, everything's been arranged, all Enchantress needs to worry about is practicing. The pair, accompanied by their daughter, spent the next month in the Snowsquall tundra, staying with a friendly clan and doing nothing but skating. The first few times are rough, Enchantress is unbalanced and struggles to stay upright. But slowly, she relearns how to skate, and combines the skills her mother taught her as a child with the dances she gathered from across Sornieth. Poriot watches her every day. He knows little of dancing, and less of skating, but he knows when to praise his lover, and when to comfort and encourage her. Eve is preoccupied with studying the landscape, but watches her mother occasionaly. She joins once, but gives up after falling a few times. Enchantress improves qurickly, and soon she's just as good at skating as she was when she was a child. Maybe better. The gala is almost upon them, so the family doesn't bother returning to the guild, and waits for the others who will fly out to attend instead. It's now five minutes before Enchantress is scheduled to perform. She's nervous. Not many of her associates have come down to attend the gala, and of the few that have, only a handful will watch her performance. Plumeria, the gentle little tailor that first invited her to the guild, made a point to let her know she would come support her. Bianca said she was curious as well. Enchantress dislikes the imperial, and Bianca has made it clear that the feeling is mutual, but Bianca didn't know they shared a homeland. Maybe that'll open up new doors. Enchantress takes a deep breath. She's going to be fine. The worst thing that can happen is she'll fall during the performance. If she falls, what will people think of her? Will Poriot regret spending treasure and time to give her all that practice? Will Bianca think she's untalented, no longer worth even acknowledging? Will Plumeria rethink letting her join the coriolis alliance? No. Enchantress will not let herself be psyched out by her fears. She's come too far for this. Enchantress tells herself she'll be fine. No, she'll be wonderful. The pearlcatcher steps out of the prep room and onto the ice. From the front row, directly across from her, several other members of the guild are seated. It's more than she expected. Plumeria gives her a thumbs up, she seated next to her daughter and Mauka, both of which must be nudged by the fae to end their conversation. Bianca stares at her, gaze unwavering, seated next to her mate. Poriot, next to Eve, smiles at her and nods. The performance starts.
Event: Figure Skating
Dragon: Enchantress

29856915_350.png

It was uncommon knowledge that Enchantress was born to the Ice flight. Of course, she fled her frozen birthplace years ago and doesn't speak of her childhood to anyone in the the guild, but it's always a little difficult to tell the difference between ice and wind eyes unless you get close. She was content where she was now, with a husband and daughter who loved her, and a home where her beauty and talent was appreciated. Yet, when Clay came bounding into the guild hall and announced that the Winter Games would be opening registration to all flights, she signed herself up for figure skating.

Why had she done that? Eve, her gentle daughter and the light of her life, asked her, and Enchantress was unable to answer. It had been years since she had touched an ice rink, there was no way she could compete on par with dragons from across the world. But in the back of her mind, old memories unearthed themselves. She recalled her first time on the ice, shakily walking across a frozen pond, her mother steadying her, her father waiting on the other side, calling her name. She remembers skating with her mother, her mother performing graceful loops and spins and showing her daughter how to dance like her. Still a hatching, she clumsily recreated her mother's intricate performance before stumbling and landing in a heap on the ice. Her mother laughed, bright and warm in this cold, dead, landscape. She remembers her first recital, a little older now, performing for the clan she was born to. They were poor in wealth but rich in spirit, and Enchantress's dance was given a standing ovation. Dragons she couldn't recall the names of clapped her on the back and told her she had a gift, that she could be famous. Her father, tired and distant most of the time, smiled at her and told her he was proud. Enchantress tried so hard to ignore those feelings, the tidbits of warmth that dotted her cold and ruthless childhood. But her mother's laugh and her father's smile were so kind, so gentle that she couldn't. She would make them proud one last time, wherever they were.

Poriot, her beloved, stepped up. The other pearlcatcher had never even left the plateau and two days later, he wakes his wife up and tells her they're taking a vacation to the Southern Icefields so she can practice. Everything has been packed, everything's been arranged, all Enchantress needs to worry about is practicing. The pair, accompanied by their daughter, spent the next month in the Snowsquall tundra, staying with a friendly clan and doing nothing but skating. The first few times are rough, Enchantress is unbalanced and struggles to stay upright. But slowly, she relearns how to skate, and combines the skills her mother taught her as a child with the dances she gathered from across Sornieth. Poriot watches her every day. He knows little of dancing, and less of skating, but he knows when to praise his lover, and when to comfort and encourage her. Eve is preoccupied with studying the landscape, but watches her mother occasionaly. She joins once, but gives up after falling a few times.

Enchantress improves qurickly, and soon she's just as good at skating as she was when she was a child. Maybe better. The gala is almost upon them, so the family doesn't bother returning to the guild, and waits for the others who will fly out to attend instead.

It's now five minutes before Enchantress is scheduled to perform. She's nervous. Not many of her associates have come down to attend the gala, and of the few that have, only a handful will watch her performance. Plumeria, the gentle little tailor that first invited her to the guild, made a point to let her know she would come support her. Bianca said she was curious as well. Enchantress dislikes the imperial, and Bianca has made it clear that the feeling is mutual, but Bianca didn't know they shared a homeland. Maybe that'll open up new doors. Enchantress takes a deep breath. She's going to be fine. The worst thing that can happen is she'll fall during the performance. If she falls, what will people think of her? Will Poriot regret spending treasure and time to give her all that practice? Will Bianca think she's untalented, no longer worth even acknowledging? Will Plumeria rethink letting her join the coriolis alliance?
No.
Enchantress will not let herself be psyched out by her fears.
She's come too far for this.
Enchantress tells herself she'll be fine.
No, she'll be wonderful.

The pearlcatcher steps out of the prep room and onto the ice. From the front row, directly across from her, several other members of the guild are seated. It's more than she expected. Plumeria gives her a thumbs up, she seated next to her daughter and Mauka, both of which must be nudged by the fae to end their conversation. Bianca stares at her, gaze unwavering, seated next to her mate. Poriot, next to Eve, smiles at her and nods.

The performance starts.

Stuffed Mith
||
he/they/she
changed username galdr -> dunmeshi 1/2/24
[b]Speed Skating[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=38537749] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/385378/38537749_350.png[/img] [/url] "If Coriolane participates in these games, then I will too," Karys grumbled, her twin sister Kareivi standing next to her and nodding. The dragon behind the registration desk raised a nonexistant eyebrow. "And what discipline will you be participating in?" "Speed skating," Karys answered with a glare. Her sister flinched slightly at that and stared at her. "But Karys, that is so hazardous! Won't you rather go figure skating with me?" Karys turned around to her. "No, you are the graceful one of us two. You go figure skating. I'm the faster one. And you know me, I won't get hurt. When we get home, we can accept missions again as usual." Kareivi looked appeased and didn't say anything else. The organisator sighed and gripped his quill. "Fine. Karys, Wildclaw, from the Thonis Atoll. There you go, all registered. Now, the skating rink is that way." The sisters nodded at the official in unison and walked away. "Maybe we can triumph over Coriolane by winning a medal here," Kareivi proclaimed. The official heard it and shook his head. Strange dragons those were.
Speed Skating

38537749_350.png

"If Coriolane participates in these games, then I will too," Karys grumbled, her twin sister Kareivi standing next to her and nodding.

The dragon behind the registration desk raised a nonexistant eyebrow. "And what discipline will you be participating in?"

"Speed skating," Karys answered with a glare. Her sister flinched slightly at that and stared at her. "But Karys, that is so hazardous! Won't you rather go figure skating with me?"

Karys turned around to her. "No, you are the graceful one of us two. You go figure skating. I'm the faster one. And you know me, I won't get hurt. When we get home, we can accept missions again as usual."
Kareivi looked appeased and didn't say anything else. The organisator sighed and gripped his quill.

"Fine. Karys, Wildclaw, from the Thonis Atoll. There you go, all registered. Now, the skating rink is that way."

The sisters nodded at the official in unison and walked away. "Maybe we can triumph over Coriolane by winning a medal here," Kareivi proclaimed.
The official heard it and shook his head. Strange dragons those were.
ZVpCPil.png
[b]Cross Country Skiing[/b] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=33146360] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/331464/33146360_350.png[/img] [/url] This was the Clan's second time skiing in the games. Cerise had no idea what to expect (though the last time Glacier messed up pretty badly) but he was sure he would be a lot better than her. He had practiced a bit before the actual competition. It doesn't hurt to try, right? The big idea was to have fun, after all. Letting the skis glide on their own, sliding on the ice, Cerise raced over the snow. He would perform tricks if he could, but his time training as a warrior taught him nothing about grace. Reaching terminal velocity, Cerise jumped and landed a few feet ahead, going down the slope in an even speed, until he crossed the finish with other racers.
Cross Country Skiing

33146360_350.png

This was the Clan's second time skiing in the games. Cerise had no idea what to expect (though the last time Glacier messed up pretty badly) but he was sure he would be a lot better than her. He had practiced a bit before the actual competition. It doesn't hurt to try, right? The big idea was to have fun, after all.
Letting the skis glide on their own, sliding on the ice, Cerise raced over the snow. He would perform tricks if he could, but his time training as a warrior taught him nothing about grace. Reaching terminal velocity, Cerise jumped and landed a few feet ahead, going down the slope in an even speed, until he crossed the finish with other racers.
[b]Day 2:[/b] Luge [b]Dragon:[/b] Emerald [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=5161113] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/51612/5161113_350.png[/img] [/url] [I][b]Emerald[/b] waited anxiously at the starting line, perched on her back on the sled. It had been a near thing, getting here in time, but she had made it. Now 2 years of waiting, trying to make snow in the Starfall Isles so she could keep practicing...2 years of competing, and not winning...came down to this...a sled, a track, and her. Would she get a medal this time? She considered herself an "old paw" at this now, but that didn't necessarily mean anything... The blare of the starter horn echoed in her ear, and the Ice Coatl pushed off quickly, throwing herself into the first turn. The track seemed steeper this year...or was she too out of practice? She pushed the thought from her mind as she rounded another curve, concentrating hard. The tricky part was coming up...Em twisted, lashing her tail first to the right and then the left, and then back again quickly, navigating almost seamlessly through the almost corkscrew that the track had become. Almost. Steering with her tail in front of her was never easy, and she accidentally mistimed the last turn, losing time--and very nearly losing the sled. Gritting her teeth Emerald jerked her head, righting herself, and continued. No time to worry about mistakes now....
Day 2: Luge
Dragon: Emerald

5161113_350.png

Emerald waited anxiously at the starting line, perched on her back on the sled. It had been a near thing, getting here in time, but she had made it. Now 2 years of waiting, trying to make snow in the Starfall Isles so she could keep practicing...2 years of competing, and not winning...came down to this...a sled, a track, and her. Would she get a medal this time? She considered herself an "old paw" at this now, but that didn't necessarily mean anything...

The blare of the starter horn echoed in her ear, and the Ice Coatl pushed off quickly, throwing herself into the first turn. The track seemed steeper this year...or was she too out of practice? She pushed the thought from her mind as she rounded another curve, concentrating hard. The tricky part was coming up...Em twisted, lashing her tail first to the right and then the left, and then back again quickly, navigating almost seamlessly through the almost corkscrew that the track had become. Almost. Steering with her tail in front of her was never easy, and she accidentally mistimed the last turn, losing time--and very nearly losing the sled. Gritting her teeth Emerald jerked her head, righting herself, and continued. No time to worry about mistakes now....
fw5Pc0h.png
@Amyatzu

Did you fill out a form for your day one curling entry? I only happened to catch it because I was looking at the spreadsheet and noticed I didn't have three curling in a row (as I just read that section).

(I was lucky to catch it, but I can't guarantee I'll notice any other missed ones through the week.)
@Amyatzu

Did you fill out a form for your day one curling entry? I only happened to catch it because I was looking at the spreadsheet and noticed I didn't have three curling in a row (as I just read that section).

(I was lucky to catch it, but I can't guarantee I'll notice any other missed ones through the week.)
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
Day 2: [b]Figure Skating[/b] [center][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=37676886] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/376769/37676886_350.png[/img] [/url][/center] [i]Today had come far too soon for Yuuri's liking (and he could really use some time in the springs), but... what point was there in him whinging over a little anxiety? "Little". Yeah, that was a good one. He vaguely took in Viktor's words has the Skydancer kept lacing up his blades, trying to keep his breathing deep and even. So much so that he startles at the pair of hands suddenly giving his shoulders a light squeeze, and nearly more so at the smile being given by his mentor. "You're going to do great, you know?" Viktor murmurs gently, feeling as though this were for him alone to hear. "Don't let that mind get too hung up on everything at once; just concentrate on the next few sets. And keep those deep breaths going!" His smile widens, accompanied by a gentle bump of foreheads that goes by too quickly for Yuuri's liking. "C'mon, let's find a good place to camp before they begin calling for the skaters." [b]~A-Ahh, alright.~[/b] Yuuri dazedly hums, grateful for his dark coloring as his face begins to burn.[/i]
Day 2: Figure Skating

Today had come far too soon for Yuuri's liking (and he could really use some time in the springs), but... what point was there in him whinging over a little anxiety?

"Little". Yeah, that was a good one.

He vaguely took in Viktor's words has the Skydancer kept lacing up his blades, trying to keep his breathing deep and even. So much so that he startles at the pair of hands suddenly giving his shoulders a light squeeze, and nearly more so at the smile being given by his mentor.

"You're going to do great, you know?" Viktor murmurs gently, feeling as though this were for him alone to hear. "Don't let that mind get too hung up on everything at once; just concentrate on the next few sets. And keep those deep breaths going!"

His smile widens, accompanied by a gentle bump of foreheads that goes by too quickly for Yuuri's liking.

"C'mon, let's find a good place to camp before they begin calling for the skaters."

~A-Ahh, alright.~ Yuuri dazedly hums, grateful for his dark coloring as his face begins to burn.
nMkuik2.gifsNtd9Dk.gif4AJs72V.pngl9DOymq.pngsNtd9Dk.gifRz7ZJcJ.png
@jbapple @catslash @jetfeather @clm @idlewildly @Rafikii @shougoney @Katsuokai @Lundlaeva @Maithax @Saraceaser @Marianette @sgkat @Cheshly @Marcel @DeadlyFang @Pennifeather @Hanakoto @NightmareJudge @Eialyne @heartcrusher1 @felistopaz @Gravebloom @Sidegrinder @Watercolour @sockmonkeygerald @Thewarywatcher13 @Rhea @perifinite @elafralah @Disillusionist @Satharen @Touhou @Elysadie @artemisrose @L1llysage @pierrct @heavylobster @sinha27 @Hokayse @Naga @chatoyant @JoyLayne @Rosoidela @LuminousNoble @AthenaCorvus @Azera @MGP1 @IceCrystal @Canisa [center][size=5][b]Day One Recap[/b][/size][/center] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7165160][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/71652/7165160.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=4] Most clans were still traveling to the Games or getting settled on the first day of competition, but one returning clan already managed to finish all five of their events! Now they get to enjoy the Winter Carnival without the competition looming over them![/size] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8023219][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/80233/8023219.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=4] Some clans seem to be taking a strategic approach – they are waiting for the ice to “be fast” or the right snow conditions. Of course there’s a danger in waiting too. Who knows what kind of weather we’ll have at the end of the week![/size] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7165160][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/71652/7165160.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=4]Figure skating is already a popular event. The artistry, the athleticism – everyone seems thrilled that it made a reappearance this year. I have a feeling it’s a permanent addition.[/size] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8023219][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/80233/8023219.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=4] With events underway, let’s take a look at what else is going on at the carnival. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2358219#post_2358219]The Dress In Your Best[/url] competition in a neighboring clan is going strong. Fortunately it’s not too far away, so visiting dragons can hop over there for a short afternoon trip. In our own clan, there’s much celebration and rejoicing as we finally reached a long-sought after goal.[/size] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=7165160][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/71652/7165160.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=4]In fact, you can see Leap and Tailor over there with the Frost Delver they convinced to join the clan on the Eve of the Gala. I happen to know they were both worried they would have to remain in the Golem Workshop and miss the festival, but fortune finally favored them. Our clan leaders take it as a sign that the Icewarden has blessed the clan and the Gala this year. [/size] [/columns] [columns] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=8023219][img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/80233/8023219.png[/img][/url][nextcol][size=4] Tomorrow we’ll be back for more celebration and another look at the day’s events! [/size] [/columns] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/ovJPIry.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/ovJPIry.png[/img][/center] @Azure "Why hello!" said Kaia. "Welcome! Oh! You are our first entrant in this year's games! Let's see, you want to start with the Slalom? Didn't your clan medal in that last year?" She peers at the dragon. "Well, good luck this year! This companion will guide you to the event waiting area. Don't worry, he knows the way!" [item=frostbite dryad] @Nialatic Shiloh approached the station. "Thank you for your promptness. Ski jumping, correct? Here is the rope. A dragon will be by to assist you momentarily." [item=ice pick] @Shougoney A Games official stopped by the sign up booth to briefly chat with the cluster of dragons there. "All of you going on the same day? Impressive! You'll be the first clan to complete your events. I always hated sitting around and waiting too - this way, you can enjoy the rest of the Winter Carnival without worrying about competing. Don't forget to visit Willow's Adopt a Familar booth - she has plenty of Ice-elemental/native companions looking for new homes!" [item=Palefoot Tadhop] @argylion The official escorted the curling team from the play area. He couldn't help but glance down at their pants. Caught looking, he cleared this throat and said, "Those pants certainly made you stand out from your competition. I think we have some matching wooly boas in our carnival midway - you should check it out." [item=Chartreuse Wooly Coat] [i]Items will be sent as I have time; it will likely be after the festival.[/i]
@jbapple @catslash @jetfeather @clm @idlewildly @Rafikii @shougoney @Katsuokai @Lundlaeva @Maithax @Saraceaser @Marianette @sgkat @Cheshly @Marcel @DeadlyFang @Pennifeather @Hanakoto @NightmareJudge @Eialyne @heartcrusher1 @felistopaz @Gravebloom @Sidegrinder @Watercolour @sockmonkeygerald @Thewarywatcher13 @Rhea @perifinite @elafralah @Disillusionist @Satharen @Touhou @Elysadie @artemisrose @L1llysage @pierrct @heavylobster @sinha27 @Hokayse @Naga @chatoyant @JoyLayne @Rosoidela @LuminousNoble @AthenaCorvus @Azera @MGP1 @IceCrystal @Canisa

Day One Recap
7165160.png
Most clans were still traveling to the Games or getting settled on the first day of competition, but one returning clan already managed to finish all five of their events! Now they get to enjoy the Winter Carnival without the competition looming over them!
8023219.png
Some clans seem to be taking a strategic approach – they are waiting for the ice to “be fast” or the right snow conditions. Of course there’s a danger in waiting too. Who knows what kind of weather we’ll have at the end of the week!
7165160.png Figure skating is already a popular event. The artistry, the athleticism – everyone seems thrilled that it made a reappearance this year. I have a feeling it’s a permanent addition.
8023219.png
With events underway, let’s take a look at what else is going on at the carnival. The Dress In Your Best competition in a neighboring clan is going strong. Fortunately it’s not too far away, so visiting dragons can hop over there for a short afternoon trip. In our own clan, there’s much celebration and rejoicing as we finally reached a long-sought after goal.
7165160.png In fact, you can see Leap and Tailor over there with the Frost Delver they convinced to join the clan on the Eve of the Gala. I happen to know they were both worried they would have to remain in the Golem Workshop and miss the festival, but fortune finally favored them. Our clan leaders take it as a sign that the Icewarden has blessed the clan and the Gala this year.
8023219.png
Tomorrow we’ll be back for more celebration and another look at the day’s events!

ovJPIry.pngovJPIry.png

@Azure "Why hello!" said Kaia. "Welcome! Oh! You are our first entrant in this year's games! Let's see, you want to start with the Slalom? Didn't your clan medal in that last year?" She peers at the dragon. "Well, good luck this year! This companion will guide you to the event waiting area. Don't worry, he knows the way!"

Frostbite Dryad

@Nialatic Shiloh approached the station. "Thank you for your promptness. Ski jumping, correct? Here is the rope. A dragon will be by to assist you momentarily."

Ice Pick

@Shougoney A Games official stopped by the sign up booth to briefly chat with the cluster of dragons there. "All of you going on the same day? Impressive! You'll be the first clan to complete your events. I always hated sitting around and waiting too - this way, you can enjoy the rest of the Winter Carnival without worrying about competing. Don't forget to visit Willow's Adopt a Familar booth - she has plenty of Ice-elemental/native companions looking for new homes!"

Palefoot Tadhop

@argylion The official escorted the curling team from the play area. He couldn't help but glance down at their pants. Caught looking, he cleared this throat and said, "Those pants certainly made you stand out from your competition. I think we have some matching wooly boas in our carnival midway - you should check it out."

Chartreuse Wooly Coat

Items will be sent as I have time; it will likely be after the festival.
OOF HubOOF RaffleArt MarketplaceIn-flight Raffle
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15 16