Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Gender's Nuzlocke
1 2
Gender's Nuzlocke thread

this particular nuzlocke is abandoned as i have exalted all the participating dragons, but it was a lot of fun and i'll probably do another one some time
Gender's Nuzlocke thread

this particular nuzlocke is abandoned as i have exalted all the participating dragons, but it was a lot of fun and i'll probably do another one some time
transcatcher.png
The Wandering Herbalist
A Nuzlocke Challenge

Table of Contents
Activity:
day 1 | day 2 | day 3 | day 4 | day 5 | days 6, 7, 8 | day 9 | day 10 | day 11 | day 12 | day 13
The Wandering Herbalist
A Nuzlocke Challenge

Table of Contents
Activity:
day 1 | day 2 | day 3 | day 4 | day 5 | days 6, 7, 8 | day 9 | day 10 | day 11 | day 12 | day 13
transcatcher.png
[size=6][color=red]The Wanderers[/color][/size] [i]Each dragon in this Nuzlocke wears a red birdskull armband to distinguish them from others in my lair[/i] [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32163353] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/321634/32163353_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Genesis, she/her[/b] Her mother was the arcane Brewmaster of a large clan in the Tangled Wood who didn't really want much to do any of her children. Her wildclaw father tried to raise her on his own, but wasn't really cut out for kids. A powerful mage, he kept getting into fights he couldn't win, and one day it proved fatal. With nothing to tie her to the Wood, Genesis travelled across the continent to her mother's birthplace in the Starfall Isles, in search of somewhere that felt like home. The journey took her through the Abiding Boneyard, which it turned out she really couldn't handle on her own. Suffering an injury in an encounter with a flock of harpies, she fled north onto the plains and hid while she waited to heal. This was where Taraxac found her, and where her first real friendship began. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=34789207] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/347893/34789207_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Sela, he/him[/b] Sela ran away from his wealthy family while he was very young. Life in the coldly beautiful halls of the estate was ruled by, well, rules. Governesses and Nannies tried to tell him how to dress, how to act, and forbade him from fighting or flying or shouting or digging or a hundred other things. He felt controlled, constricted, and unbelievebly bored. Sela made it halfway across the continent by riding on the shoulders of Xanthus, a guardian hired to fix the wall of the grounds before its Charge took it north again. Xanthus was quietly endeared to the little wildclaw, as he reminded it of its Father, and readily agreed to protect him while he looked for somewhere "more exciting" to live. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35130565] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/351306/35130565_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Uriel, ce/cel/ces[/b] Uriel is a Paladin of Fire? Maybe very religious, prays to fire mom all the time. Only lives in earth because genesis is ces charge. Very loyal. [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=35611077] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/356111/35611077_350.png[/img] [/url] [b]Xanthus, it/its[/b] Guardian who's Charge is a flock of migratory birds (maybe). Travels between earth and ice (maybe) but visits earth as much as possible to court Sela. Quiet and reserved. Very sappy. [size=5][color=red]Graveyard[/size][/color] [columns][url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30130788] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/301308/30130788.png[/img] [/url][nextcol] [b]Taraxac, ey/em[/b] Taraxac grew up in the jumbled lair of a travelling bard's extended family, eir egg having been gifted to a greiving couple who had lost a clutch of hatchlings to plague. Taraxac came to be the clan's resident botanist, kind but forgetful, making bitter herb teas for hatchlings to provide them with nutrients lacking in the sparse diet available on the shattered plains. Ey because separated from the nomadic clan in the summer one year, becoming distracted while foraging and not realising that ey had become separated from eir family until nightfall, too dark for em to see them and too late to catch up. Ey wandered alone for nearly three weeks, until coming across a wounded and infected bogsneak curled up in a crevice.[/columns]
The Wanderers
Each dragon in this Nuzlocke wears a red birdskull armband to distinguish them from others in my lair

32163353_350.png

Genesis, she/her
Her mother was the arcane Brewmaster of a large clan in the Tangled Wood who didn't really want much to do any of her children. Her wildclaw father tried to raise her on his own, but wasn't really cut out for kids. A powerful mage, he kept getting into fights he couldn't win, and one day it proved fatal. With nothing to tie her to the Wood, Genesis travelled across the continent to her mother's birthplace in the Starfall Isles, in search of somewhere that felt like home. The journey took her through the Abiding Boneyard, which it turned out she really couldn't handle on her own. Suffering an injury in an encounter with a flock of harpies, she fled north onto the plains and hid while she waited to heal. This was where Taraxac found her, and where her first real friendship began.

34789207_350.png

Sela, he/him
Sela ran away from his wealthy family while he was very young. Life in the coldly beautiful halls of the estate was ruled by, well, rules. Governesses and Nannies tried to tell him how to dress, how to act, and forbade him from fighting or flying or shouting or digging or a hundred other things. He felt controlled, constricted, and unbelievebly bored. Sela made it halfway across the continent by riding on the shoulders of Xanthus, a guardian hired to fix the wall of the grounds before its Charge took it north again. Xanthus was quietly endeared to the little wildclaw, as he reminded it of its Father, and readily agreed to protect him while he looked for somewhere "more exciting" to live.

35130565_350.png

Uriel, ce/cel/ces
Uriel is a Paladin of Fire? Maybe very religious, prays to fire mom all the time. Only lives in earth because genesis is ces charge. Very loyal.

35611077_350.png

Xanthus, it/its
Guardian who's Charge is a flock of migratory birds (maybe). Travels between earth and ice (maybe) but visits earth as much as possible to court Sela. Quiet and reserved. Very sappy.

Graveyard

30130788.png
Taraxac, ey/em
Taraxac grew up in the jumbled lair of a travelling bard's extended family, eir egg having been gifted to a greiving couple who had lost a clutch of hatchlings to plague. Taraxac came to be the clan's resident botanist, kind but forgetful, making bitter herb teas for hatchlings to provide them with nutrients lacking in the sparse diet available on the shattered plains.

Ey because separated from the nomadic clan in the summer one year, becoming distracted while foraging and not realising that ey had become separated from eir family until nightfall, too dark for em to see them and too late to catch up. Ey wandered alone for nearly three weeks, until coming across a wounded and infected bogsneak curled up in a crevice.
transcatcher.png
[size=6][color=red]Nuzlocke Rules[/color][/size] [quote name=Karrikut][b]Food:[/b] Calculate the amount of food your dragons need. Each dragon consumes 3 food points per day; if you're starting with 3 dragons, that's 9 food points. [LIST][*]Keep in mind the breeds of dragon you're using. If you're starting with 2 wildclaws and a fae, you'll need 6 points of meat and 3 points of insects each day. [*]Food MUST be gotten by grinding in the Coliseum or by purchasing it in the AH with Nuzlocke funds. [*]Convert enough food to feed your Nuzlocke dragons. Keep track of the number of food points you have stored for them - this is the most tedious part, since there's no way to partition food points.[/list] [b]Gathering:[/b] If you choose to gather food, it does not count towards the Nuzlocke. You must convert it for your lair or put it in the vault. Materials, chests, etc. found in digging or scavenging count towards the Nuzlocke. [list][*] Scavenged eggs will increase your population. You may hatch the egg, or sell it and buy a G1 off the AH with the proceeds. Any profit from selling the egg belongs to your main lair; stick it in the vault! [*] Chests should be opened, and the proceeds belong to the Nuzlocke dragons. [*] Familiars found belong to the Nuzlocke dragons. These familiars may be used by the Nuzlocke dragons, or "released" (sold or melted). No proceeds of released familiars go to the Nuzlocke dragons. Familiar bonding proceeds do! [*][i]Each dragon can perform a number of digging or scavenging turns equal to its level per day. If a dragon spends the day scavenging, it cannot fight in the coliseum. If its level is greater than the number of scavenging turns available, the area is considered depleted.[/i][/list] [b]Coliseum:[/b] Battle is dangerous! If a dragon faints in battle, it is exalted - no exceptions. The proceeds go to the Nuzlocke dragons. [list][*] Battle stones must be bought using Nuzlocke funds! [/list] [b]Nesting[i]/new dragons[/i]:[/b] [list][*]Nuzlocke dragons are allowed to breed with each other, but not outside the Nuzlocke. For every hatchling, flip a coin: if heads, the dragon survives. If tails, the chick has died - exalt it. The proceeds go to the Nuzlocke dragons. [*][i][b]If no eggs have been found that month[/b], one new dragon can be obtained each festival from free dragon threads on the forums. The dragon must be the same element as the festival, to make it a little more difficult.[/i][/list] [b]Apparel: [/b]Your Nuzlocke dragons can wear only what they find in chests, drops in the Coli, or what they purchase with their funds! I suggest sticking it all on them so you don't accidentally melt it. Also, because it looks hilarious![/quote] These are @Karrikut's [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2175070#post_2175070]Partitioned Nuzlocke[/url] rules! My alterations are in [i]italics[/i].
Nuzlocke Rules
Karrikut wrote:
Food: Calculate the amount of food your dragons need. Each dragon consumes 3 food points per day; if you're starting with 3 dragons, that's 9 food points.
  • Keep in mind the breeds of dragon you're using. If you're starting with 2 wildclaws and a fae, you'll need 6 points of meat and 3 points of insects each day.
  • Food MUST be gotten by grinding in the Coliseum or by purchasing it in the AH with Nuzlocke funds.
  • Convert enough food to feed your Nuzlocke dragons. Keep track of the number of food points you have stored for them - this is the most tedious part, since there's no way to partition food points.

Gathering: If you choose to gather food, it does not count towards the Nuzlocke. You must convert it for your lair or put it in the vault. Materials, chests, etc. found in digging or scavenging count towards the Nuzlocke.
  • Scavenged eggs will increase your population. You may hatch the egg, or sell it and buy a G1 off the AH with the proceeds. Any profit from selling the egg belongs to your main lair; stick it in the vault!
  • Chests should be opened, and the proceeds belong to the Nuzlocke dragons.
  • Familiars found belong to the Nuzlocke dragons. These familiars may be used by the Nuzlocke dragons, or "released" (sold or melted). No proceeds of released familiars go to the Nuzlocke dragons. Familiar bonding proceeds do!
  • Each dragon can perform a number of digging or scavenging turns equal to its level per day. If a dragon spends the day scavenging, it cannot fight in the coliseum. If its level is greater than the number of scavenging turns available, the area is considered depleted.

Coliseum: Battle is dangerous! If a dragon faints in battle, it is exalted - no exceptions. The proceeds go to the Nuzlocke dragons.
  • Battle stones must be bought using Nuzlocke funds!

Nesting/new dragons:
  • Nuzlocke dragons are allowed to breed with each other, but not outside the Nuzlocke. For every hatchling, flip a coin: if heads, the dragon survives. If tails, the chick has died - exalt it. The proceeds go to the Nuzlocke dragons.
  • If no eggs have been found that month, one new dragon can be obtained each festival from free dragon threads on the forums. The dragon must be the same element as the festival, to make it a little more difficult.

Apparel: Your Nuzlocke dragons can wear only what they find in chests, drops in the Coli, or what they purchase with their funds! I suggest sticking it all on them so you don't accidentally melt it. Also, because it looks hilarious!
These are @Karrikut's Partitioned Nuzlocke rules! My alterations are in italics.
transcatcher.png
[size=4][color=red]Day 1[/size][/color] [item=meditate] After a false start to the nuzlocke challenge, Sela is no longer a hatchling but I will be treating her as such for a week. Because of this, Taraxac and Genesis tackled the coliseum as a pair today. Also due to the false start, Taraxac was already level 4 and Genesis was already level 2. Taraxac levelled up to 5. They earned 998 treasure and spent 250 on a meditate for Genesis. They now have 748 treasure. They found and ate food for today and I saved enough for tomorrow so that tomorrow can be spent on scavenging.
Day 1
Meditate

After a false start to the nuzlocke challenge, Sela is no longer a hatchling but I will be treating her as such for a week. Because of this, Taraxac and Genesis tackled the coliseum as a pair today. Also due to the false start, Taraxac was already level 4 and Genesis was already level 2.

Taraxac levelled up to 5. They earned 998 treasure and spent 250 on a meditate for Genesis. They now have 748 treasure. They found and ate food for today and I saved enough for tomorrow so that tomorrow can be spent on scavenging.
transcatcher.png
[item=banded sardonyx] [size=4][color=red]Day 2[/size][/color] The Wanderers spent the day digging, taking the tiny Sela with them to giver her something to do. Sela found: [LIST] [*]2 round pebbles [/LIST] Taraxac found: [LIST] [*]7 salt [*]5 iron ore [*]4 lead ore [*]4 rich iron ore [*]2 stone arrowheads [*]3 amber-trapped mosquitoes [*]8 broken penny jars [*]4 fossilized fish [/LIST] Genesis [LIST] [*]4 salt [*]1 crystal quartz [*]1 banded sardonyx [*]2 traprock [*]5 lead ore [*]5 intact stone relief [*]2 grey basalt [/LIST] Genesis kept the banded sardonyx for herself and they sold the rest of the items for a profit of 3628 treasure (much more profitable than the coli!). 2500+1000+800 was spent on a Contuse, a Shroud, and a Concentration for Genesis, leaving the group with 326 treasure. Tomorrow I'll be focusing on levelling up Genesis so she can try out her new battle abilities!
Banded Sardonyx
Day 2

The Wanderers spent the day digging, taking the tiny Sela with them to giver her something to do.

Sela found:
  • 2 round pebbles

Taraxac found:
  • 7 salt
  • 5 iron ore
  • 4 lead ore
  • 4 rich iron ore
  • 2 stone arrowheads
  • 3 amber-trapped mosquitoes
  • 8 broken penny jars
  • 4 fossilized fish

Genesis
  • 4 salt
  • 1 crystal quartz
  • 1 banded sardonyx
  • 2 traprock
  • 5 lead ore
  • 5 intact stone relief
  • 2 grey basalt

Genesis kept the banded sardonyx for herself and they sold the rest of the items for a profit of 3628 treasure (much more profitable than the coli!). 2500+1000+800 was spent on a Contuse, a Shroud, and a Concentration for Genesis, leaving the group with 326 treasure. Tomorrow I'll be focusing on levelling up Genesis so she can try out her new battle abilities!
transcatcher.png
[size=5][color=red]Nuzlocke Inventory[/size][/color] 45,106[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_treasure.png[/img] 4[img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/layout/icon_gems.png[/img] [item=shroud][item=sweet songbird]x23
Nuzlocke Inventory

45,106icon_treasure.png 4icon_gems.png

Shroud Sweet Songbird x23
transcatcher.png
[item=janustrap] [size=4][color=red]Day 3...[/size][/color] This morning, Taraxac and Genesis attempted to advance to the Woodland Path area of the coliseum, but had a close shave with Taraxac coming near to death and only saved because the creature they were facing (I forget which) targeted Genesis several times before they could wipe it out. They fled the area and went back to the Training Fields to level up, staying until they reached level 6 and level 5 respectively, then tried again. Using Genesis' newly equipped concentration, it was fine for a while -they even found a Janustrap familiar!- Unfortunately, when faced with a basilisk and a cockatrice, the pair couldn't hold out and Taraxac fell. I knew this could happen but I didn't think I'd be this sad when it did. I hatched Taraxac from a nocturne egg gifted to me by @/Snikyttik when I first joined FR in January and they've been a fixture in my lair the entire time I've been here. I'll miss them. For money stuff- exalting Taraxac earned the Wanderers 9321 treasure. A huge sum which I think is greater than their total wealth so far. I'll have to think about what they'll do with it. Earned from the familiar bonus and coli loot today was 2390 treasure. A good amount! I did spend a l-o-n-g time in the training fields this morning (it felt like a long time anyway). Anyway, their total wealth is 12037 treasure, a banded sardonyx, and a shroud. Genesis will take the janustrap familiar, naming it "Dandelion" in honour of Taraxac (Taraxac is an extract from dandelions). Lessons learned from today: [b][color=red]Don't enter the Woodland Path without a party of 3[/color][/b]
Janustrap
Day 3...

This morning, Taraxac and Genesis attempted to advance to the Woodland Path area of the coliseum, but had a close shave with Taraxac coming near to death and only saved because the creature they were facing (I forget which) targeted Genesis several times before they could wipe it out. They fled the area and went back to the Training Fields to level up, staying until they reached level 6 and level 5 respectively, then tried again. Using Genesis' newly equipped concentration, it was fine for a while -they even found a Janustrap familiar!- Unfortunately, when faced with a basilisk and a cockatrice, the pair couldn't hold out and Taraxac fell.

I knew this could happen but I didn't think I'd be this sad when it did. I hatched Taraxac from a nocturne egg gifted to me by @/Snikyttik when I first joined FR in January and they've been a fixture in my lair the entire time I've been here. I'll miss them.

For money stuff- exalting Taraxac earned the Wanderers 9321 treasure. A huge sum which I think is greater than their total wealth so far. I'll have to think about what they'll do with it. Earned from the familiar bonus and coli loot today was 2390 treasure. A good amount! I did spend a l-o-n-g time in the training fields this morning (it felt like a long time anyway). Anyway, their total wealth is 12037 treasure, a banded sardonyx, and a shroud.

Genesis will take the janustrap familiar, naming it "Dandelion" in honour of Taraxac (Taraxac is an extract from dandelions).

Lessons learned from today:
Don't enter the Woodland Path without a party of 3
transcatcher.png
[item=rusted treasure chest] [size=4][color=red]Day 4[/color][/size] Without Taraxac, Genesis doesn't really know what to do about Sela. She worries about her a lot and decided to spend the day digging and scavenging instead of leaving her behind to go hunting. Sela helped a little and they earned 3507, including a rusty chest which Genesis dug up.
Rusted Treasure Chest
Day 4

Without Taraxac, Genesis doesn't really know what to do about Sela. She worries about her a lot and decided to spend the day digging and scavenging instead of leaving her behind to go hunting. Sela helped a little and they earned 3507, including a rusty chest which Genesis dug up.
transcatcher.png
[item=white linen chest wrap] [size=4][color=red]Day 5[/size][/color] Too depressed and tired to hunt or dig, Genesis simply took Sela scavenging today despite it not being as profitable. It turned out to be a wonderful day for the two of them- Sela found a shattered ceramic jar containing beautiful old world pennies and Genesis found some white linen fabric scraps which the hatchling immedietely pounced on. Curled up in their rough den that evening at Sela's bedtime, Sela told Genesis about the grand and opulent home she had left beind when she ran away from her parents, about how the sun-bleached linen reminded her of cotton sheets and silk robes and her mother's feathers. Genesis was touched that the previously, quiet child had opened up to her, and took a quick walk to the Auction House before it closed for the night to find someone who could stitch the scraps together into something wearable. It cost 4000 treasure, but she thinks it'll be well worth it for the young one. I haven't been keeping track of treasure very well over the course of today and yesterday but they have 13,835t at the moment and that sounds right. They earned about 2 or 3 thousand from scavenging and 30 from bonding with Genesis' familiar. I didn't sell the 7 linen scraps, I considered them used up in making the apparel. Genesis will have to go back to the coli tomorrow because they've used up the food they had in the stores.
White Linen Chest Wrap
Day 5

Too depressed and tired to hunt or dig, Genesis simply took Sela scavenging today despite it not being as profitable. It turned out to be a wonderful day for the two of them- Sela found a shattered ceramic jar containing beautiful old world pennies and Genesis found some white linen fabric scraps which the hatchling immedietely pounced on. Curled up in their rough den that evening at Sela's bedtime, Sela told Genesis about the grand and opulent home she had left beind when she ran away from her parents, about how the sun-bleached linen reminded her of cotton sheets and silk robes and her mother's feathers. Genesis was touched that the previously, quiet child had opened up to her, and took a quick walk to the Auction House before it closed for the night to find someone who could stitch the scraps together into something wearable. It cost 4000 treasure, but she thinks it'll be well worth it for the young one.

I haven't been keeping track of treasure very well over the course of today and yesterday but they have 13,835t at the moment and that sounds right. They earned about 2 or 3 thousand from scavenging and 30 from bonding with Genesis' familiar. I didn't sell the 7 linen scraps, I considered them used up in making the apparel. Genesis will have to go back to the coli tomorrow because they've used up the food they had in the stores.
transcatcher.png
1 2