Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Fire [A Pinkerlocke]
1 2 3 4
So I am embarking on @Tar's Pinkerton's Nuzlocke challenge! Wish me luck! [quote]Basic rules: A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke. All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering. There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars. Ping or message me if you take the challenge ;p (you don't actually /have/ to but I'd love to see how it goes!) And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile! [b]Optional sentimental rule:[/b] If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair. [b]Food[/b]: Plants: 10-20 matches Insects: 20-30 matches Seafood: 30-40 matches Meat: 40-50 matches (For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate. [indent][u]My rules:[/u] [LIST] [*]Random team each time using a random number generator [*]One-tier down from highest leveled dragon(Unless dragons are at the highest level of that venue) [*]You can only equip the dragons with battle items found when they are battling(not from other non-pinkerlocke related battles. [/LIST][/indent] [s] [b]Materials[/b]: Write a story and/or bios on the dragons [b]Trinkets[/b]: Create some art[/s] im lazy now so im just going to battle until someone levels up with both of these. [b]Familiars[/b]: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.) [b]Apparel[/b]: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. (These dragons will be exempt from the coli until they are done nesting. You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it. [b]Battle Items[/b]: Flip a coin. Heads = DEATH STREAK Tails = Nothing happens DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies.[/quote] I won't be making day-to-day stories, but whenever I get a material, I will recap everything that happens in a story. To start out, I will be using the Familiar method of finding the participants since I want RTB adult dragons I have no connections to, and so its more random. Participants: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=30657379] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/306574/30657379_350.png[/img] [/url] NightGlow [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=32148804] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/321489/32148804_350.png[/img] [/url] Raspberrycocoa [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=12961304] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/129614/12961304_350.png[/img] [/url] Colbalt [quote=pinglist] @/Babysaxon @/ladylilitu[/quote]
So I am embarking on @Tar's Pinkerton's Nuzlocke challenge! Wish me luck!
Quote:
Basic rules:
A death in the coliseum = that dragon must be exalted. This is the most essential rule of a nuzlocke.
All loot obtained in the coliseum is irrelevant, as is the loot obtained from gathering.
There are no restrictions about applying apparel to your dragons. Do whatever makes sense to you. Same goes for familiars.
Ping or message me if you take the challenge ;p (you don't actually /have/ to but I'd love to see how it goes!)
And, most crucially, all nuzlocke activity corresponds with the loot you obtain daily from Pinkerton's plundered pile!

Optional sentimental rule:
If a dragon reaches level 25 it "retires". It can join the ranks of your main lair.

Food:
Plants: 10-20 matches
Insects: 20-30 matches
Seafood: 30-40 matches
Meat: 40-50 matches
(For a 'medium' mode, select the venue that is one tier down from that of highest level dragon). If your dragons level up while in an area, you can still stay there for the whole day. You can quit your battle streak at any time to regen health, and flee from battles if it is appropriate.
My rules:
  • Random team each time using a random number generator
  • One-tier down from highest leveled dragon(Unless dragons are at the highest level of that venue)
  • You can only equip the dragons with battle items found when they are battling(not from other non-pinkerlocke related battles.

Materials: Write a story and/or bios on the dragons

Trinkets: Create some art
im lazy now so im just going to battle until someone levels up with both of these.

Familiars: Buy the cheapest dragon in the auction house of a specific breed. Use a random number generator (between 1-14) to determine which breed you will get! (Optionally: attach the familiar to the new dragon.)

Apparel: Breed two of your dragons. The dragons you pick are up to you. (These dragons will be exempt from the coli until they are done nesting.
You must flip a coin for each hatchling once they hatch. If tails, the dragon is dead and you must exalt it.

Battle Items:
Flip a coin.
Heads = DEATH STREAK
Tails = Nothing happens

DEATH STREAK rules: Randomly select three dragons using a random number generator. Fight in the coliseum using the "food" rules 10 rounds consecutively (ie. you cannot leave that arena), quitting midway if a dragon dies.

I won't be making day-to-day stories, but whenever I get a material, I will recap everything that happens in a story.

To start out, I will be using the Familiar method of finding the participants since I want RTB adult dragons I have no connections to, and so its more random.

Participants:

30657379_350.png
NightGlow

32148804_350.png
Raspberrycocoa

12961304_350.png
Colbalt
pinglist wrote:
@/Babysaxon @/ladylilitu
[b]Day 1[/b]: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/familiar/11815.png[/img] Wow okay I got a familiar already. The new dragon will be: [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?dragon=22589638] [img]http://flightrising.com/rendern/350/225897/22589638_350.png[/img] [/url] Sickle the Skydancer!
Day 1:

11815.png

Wow okay I got a familiar already. The new dragon will be:

22589638_350.png

Sickle the Skydancer!
[b]Day 2[/b]: [img]http://www1.flightrising.com/static/cms/trinket/13399.png[/img] Material! WIP Story [b]The Start[/b] NightGlow awoke with a start. The air smelled of smoke. She looked around and saw the forest she called home burned down to ash and debris. Ash collected around her as it fell from the sky. NightGlow slowly pulled herself up, but fell back down as she was hit with a coughing fit. Her lungs felt as if they were scrubbed with sandpaper. After she was finally able to breathe again, she got back up and took in the area. She barely recognized her own home. There were no trees standing, and everything was covered in soot. The place she was laying seemed to be the only place that was not singed by the fire. She realized soon that she was also the only dragon she could see in the area. Once she gained more energy and the coughing subsided, she went to go search for other dragons who were lucky enough to not be harmed like her. NightGlow looked behind fallen trees and under rocks, but she couldn't find anyone. She felt a lump in her throat grow when she came to the conclusion that she may have been the only survivor. She searched for a little longer, but ultimately gave up. She climbed on top of a rock to rest. She hadn't even realized that it was nighttime. In spite of everything though, it was a beautiful night. The sky was still hazy from the smoke, but she could make out the brightest constellations and the full moon shining on her. She traced the stars with her eyes as she slowly drifted off to sleep. [center]* * *[/center] NightGlow blinked her eyes open to the light of the blazing sun. She never realized how hot it could get without the constant shade of the trees. After her eyes adjusted to the light, she looked around at her surroundings to find something very unexpected. Under the rock she was laying on, two dragons were conversing quietly. She couldn't quite see them or make out what they were saying, but she definitely heard two different dragon voices. The small blue dragon peeked her head around the rock to get a better view of her new company. She saw that it was a male tundra and a female ridgeback sitting under the shade of the boulder. Unfortunately for NightGlow, the smoke had still not left her lungs, and she began coughing again. This of course alerted the other two that she was above them. Instead of being surprised, as NightGlow expected, the two dragons just blinked at her. "Oh, Rasp, look who finally decided to wake up," said the older grey and blue ridgeback. She had piercing purple eyes that made NightGlow shrink back into her scales. The younger brown tundra--Rasp--came up closer to her, but something about him made her less scared. He seemed much more kind and gentle than his counterpart. "Hey," he said gently. "Don't be scared. We aren't here to hurt you." His voicewas soothing, and made NightGlow feel safer. "We were across the river when the fire started. It surprisingly burned out quickly in spite of the trees and bushes that were around here, but we knew it wasn't going to be good for you dragons here. We came back over as soon as it was safe, but by that time we couldn't find any survivors. We searched for a whole two days until we finally found you last night. We could see your glowing runes from half a mile away." He chuckled. The grey ridgeback scoffed. "Yeah, and they kept me up all night too. You need to cover those next time so I can actually get some sleep." "N-Next time?" NightGlow stammered. These two dragons just casually told her that she was the only one who made it in the fire, even though she figured that out during her search, and then continued on like it was no big deal. Now they are talking about a next time? Do they want her to join them? She just met them! "Oh, you're coming with us," She stated. "We are going to search for others who might have survived. Oh, and maybe find something to eat too. I am starving, I haven't eaten since we've come over here." NightGlow didn't know what to say. She barely knew these dragons, but what other choice did she have? She hadn't eaten since the fire either, and they seemed like they knew what they were doing.
Day 2:

13399.png

Material! WIP Story

The Start

NightGlow awoke with a start. The air smelled of smoke. She looked around and saw the forest she called home burned down to ash and debris. Ash collected around her as it fell from the sky. NightGlow slowly pulled herself up, but fell back down as she was hit with a coughing fit. Her lungs felt as if they were scrubbed with sandpaper. After she was finally able to breathe again, she got back up and took in the area. She barely recognized her own home. There were no trees standing, and everything was covered in soot. The place she was laying seemed to be the only place that was not singed by the fire.

She realized soon that she was also the only dragon she could see in the area. Once she gained more energy and the coughing subsided, she went to go search for other dragons who were lucky enough to not be harmed like her. NightGlow looked behind fallen trees and under rocks, but she couldn't find anyone. She felt a lump in her throat grow when she came to the conclusion that she may have been the only survivor. She searched for a little longer, but ultimately gave up. She climbed on top of a rock to rest.

She hadn't even realized that it was nighttime. In spite of everything though, it was a beautiful night. The sky was still hazy from the smoke, but she could make out the brightest constellations and the full moon shining on her. She traced the stars with her eyes as she slowly drifted off to sleep.

NightGlow blinked her eyes open to the light of the blazing sun. She never realized how hot it could get without the constant shade of the trees. After her eyes adjusted to the light, she looked around at her surroundings to find something very unexpected. Under the rock she was laying on, two dragons were conversing quietly. She couldn't quite see them or make out what they were saying, but she definitely heard two different dragon voices. The small blue dragon peeked her head around the rock to get a better view of her new company. She saw that it was a male tundra and a female ridgeback sitting under the shade of the boulder.

Unfortunately for NightGlow, the smoke had still not left her lungs, and she began coughing again. This of course alerted the other two that she was above them. Instead of being surprised, as NightGlow expected, the two dragons just blinked at her.

"Oh, Rasp, look who finally decided to wake up," said the older grey and blue ridgeback. She had piercing purple eyes that made NightGlow shrink back into her scales. The younger brown tundra--Rasp--came up closer to her, but something about him made her less scared. He seemed much more kind and gentle than his counterpart.

"Hey," he said gently. "Don't be scared. We aren't here to hurt you." His voicewas soothing, and made NightGlow feel safer. "We were across the river when the fire started. It surprisingly burned out quickly in spite of the trees and bushes that were around here, but we knew it wasn't going to be good for you dragons here. We came back over as soon as it was safe, but by that time we couldn't find any survivors.

We searched for a whole two days until we finally found you last night. We could see your glowing runes from half a mile away." He chuckled.

The grey ridgeback scoffed. "Yeah, and they kept me up all night too. You need to cover those next time so I can actually get some sleep."

"N-Next time?" NightGlow stammered. These two dragons just casually told her that she was the only one who made it in the fire, even though she figured that out during her search, and then continued on like it was no big deal. Now they are talking about a next time? Do they want her to join them? She just met them!
"Oh, you're coming with us," She stated. "We are going to search for others who might have survived. Oh, and maybe find something to eat too. I am starving, I haven't eaten since we've come over here."

NightGlow didn't know what to say. She barely knew these dragons, but what other choice did she have? She hadn't eaten since the fire either, and they seemed like they knew what they were doing.
[b]Day 3:[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/3674.png[/img] Material again. I will write some bios today. [quote][b]NightGlow[/b] [center]NightGlow is a bit of a loner who never really had many friends. After she was born, her father left one day and never came back, which left her mother alone to care for her. This made her mother very overprotective of her as to not lose her as well as her husband. The blue dragon's mother kept her from doing much with any other dragons, and ran a strict schedule. This left NightGlow unable to form many friendships with anyone. She did have one friend though, and they did everything together. Daria was the one dragon that NightGlow's mother approved of, so NightGlow was always with Daria as a hatchling. They played all day, every day, until one day Daria got very sick. To this day, NightGlow doesn't know the cause, but soon after she got sick, Daria died. From this day on, the blue dragon kept to herself. She didn't want to talk to anyone, and didn't care to make any new friends, and eventually she was happy with that. She enjoyed doing things her own way and not having to worry about anyone else.[/center][/quote]
Day 3:

3674.png
Material again. I will write some bios today.
Quote:
NightGlow
NightGlow is a bit of a loner who never really had many friends. After she was born, her father left one day and never came back, which left her mother alone to care for her. This made her mother very overprotective of her as to not lose her as well as her husband. The blue dragon's mother kept her from doing much with any other dragons, and ran a strict schedule. This left NightGlow unable to form many friendships with anyone.
She did have one friend though, and they did everything together. Daria was the one dragon that NightGlow's mother approved of, so NightGlow was always with Daria as a hatchling. They played all day, every day, until one day Daria got very sick. To this day, NightGlow doesn't know the cause, but soon after she got sick, Daria died. From this day on, the blue dragon kept to herself. She didn't want to talk to anyone, and didn't care to make any new friends, and eventually she was happy with that. She enjoyed doing things her own way and not having to worry about anyone else.
[b]Day 4[/b] [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/food/38.png[/img] Insect. 20-30 matches. My battle team today will be: Colbalt (lvl 1) Raspberry Cocoa (lvl 1) NightGlow(lvl 1) I will be in the training fields today. I will flee the match if they get close to death, and I will be using health potions if necessary as well. Wish me luck! Okay, so good news is that no one died today. NightGlow was hit with two critical attacks in a row, which left her with 2!! health left, but thankfully I have many many health potions stocked up from previous coli battles. All dragons were leveled up to level 3. We also found this: [img]http://flightrising.com/images/cms/trinket/23581.png[/img] I would say that today was a productive day. I am hoping for a breeding soon!
Day 4

38.png

Insect. 20-30 matches. My battle team today will be:

Colbalt (lvl 1)
Raspberry Cocoa (lvl 1)
NightGlow(lvl 1)

I will be in the training fields today. I will flee the match if they get close to death, and I will be using health potions if necessary as well. Wish me luck!

Okay, so good news is that no one died today. NightGlow was hit with two critical attacks in a row, which left her with 2!! health left, but thankfully I have many many health potions stocked up from previous coli battles. All dragons were leveled up to level 3. We also found this:
23581.png
I would say that today was a productive day. I am hoping for a breeding soon!
[b]Day 5[/b] [item=glowing tail] Material again. I'll try to finish the bios again. I don't think I will finish the actual stories because I am a terrible writer and it seems like the biggest chore, so I will be just fleshing out the characters for when I do art [quote][b]Raspberrycocoa[/b] Raspberrycocoa hates his name. He thinks that it is too long and is too feminine. He prefers to go by Rasp, which is what most dragons call him. Rasp grew up with 5 siblings, all older than him. His three brothers always picked on him, but his sisters--who were the oldest--always stood up for him and protected him. This led him to always hang around them, which his brothers of course made fun of him for. His sisters were always kind to him though, so he stayed with them. Rasp is a very soft-spoken dragon and he doesn't speak much, but when he does, it is always something you want to listen to. He is also very dependent on other dragons. He can do things for himself, but he latches on to others very easily.[/quote] [quote][b]Cobalt[/b] To put it in short terms, Cobalt is sarcastic and mean. She always makes sneering comments about just about everything, and on the outside seems very self-centered and selfish. But, that is only on the outside. Cobalt is actually a caring ridgeback, but she just doesn't want anyone to see her soft side. She puts on a hard shell to hide her own insecurities. She grew up in a clan with mostly beautiful coatls and skydancers. She was the only ridgeback of her age, and all of her peers made fun of her for it. Cobalt has always been self conscious of her looks, so she makes fun of everyone else to keep anyone else from making fun of her. [/quote]
Day 5

Glowing Tail

Material again. I'll try to finish the bios again. I don't think I will finish the actual stories because I am a terrible writer and it seems like the biggest chore, so I will be just fleshing out the characters for when I do art
Quote:
Raspberrycocoa
Raspberrycocoa hates his name. He thinks that it is too long and is too feminine. He prefers to go by Rasp, which is what most dragons call him. Rasp grew up with 5 siblings, all older than him.
His three brothers always picked on him, but his sisters--who were the oldest--always stood up for him and protected him. This led him to always hang around them, which his brothers of course made fun of him for. His sisters were always kind to him though, so he stayed with them.
Rasp is a very soft-spoken dragon and he doesn't speak much, but when he does, it is always something you want to listen to. He is also very dependent on other dragons. He can do things for himself, but he latches on to others very easily.
Quote:
Cobalt
To put it in short terms, Cobalt is sarcastic and mean. She always makes sneering comments about just about everything, and on the outside seems very self-centered and selfish. But,
that is only on the outside. Cobalt is actually a caring ridgeback, but she just doesn't want anyone to see her soft side. She puts on a hard shell to hide her own insecurities. She grew up in a clan with mostly beautiful coatls and skydancers. She was the only ridgeback of her age,
and all of her peers made fun of her for it. Cobalt has always been self conscious of her looks, so she makes fun of everyone else to keep anyone else from making fun of her.
[b]Day 6[/b] [item=longneck winter gear] Trinket, so that means some art! http://briusss.deviantart.com/art/Sickle-694987740 Really bad quality picture but oh well
Day 6
Longneck Winter Gear

Trinket, so that means some art!

http://briusss.deviantart.com/art/Sickle-694987740

Really bad quality picture but oh well
[b]Day 7[/b] [item=aviar fragment] Trinket again, ugh. Materials and trinkets are just so boringgg Ill put up some art later today
Day 7

Aviar Fragment
Trinket again, ugh. Materials and trinkets are just so boringgg

Ill put up some art later today
[b]Day 8[/b] [item=ambush] Battle Item means death streak...Pinkerton heard me call him boring oh no. Annnnd its heads! Ill be in the training fields again with the randomly selected: Nightglow, Raspberrycocoa, and Colbalt! Same team surprisingly. Alrighty, my team has come back from the training fields alive! I used a few healing potions, but I think I am allowed to do that. There were no near death instances like last time either, so everything is well. [u]Notable happenings[/u] [LIST] [*]All three dragons leveled up to level 4(which means we are going to the woodland path next oh no) [*] I got a familiar!! '[item=bumble] [/LIST]
Day 8

Ambush

Battle Item means death streak...Pinkerton heard me call him boring oh no.
Annnnd its heads! Ill be in the training fields again with the randomly selected:
Nightglow, Raspberrycocoa, and Colbalt! Same team surprisingly.

Alrighty, my team has come back from the training fields alive! I used a few healing potions, but I think I am allowed to do that. There were no near death instances like last time either, so everything is well.
Notable happenings
  • All three dragons leveled up to level 4(which means we are going to the woodland path next oh no)
  • I got a familiar!! ' Bumble
[b]Day 8[/b] [item=Blueridge fin] Meat... which means 40-50 matches. I will be using a lot of health potions and fleeing a bunch, so hopefully my babies do not die today. Coli team today is: NightGlow, Raspberry, and Sickle. I really hope sickle doesn't die today since he hasn't been on the team yet. I want an apparel item so I can breed him! [u]First ten battles:[/u] [LIST] [*]Sickle came very close to dying, but I fled so he could recover [*]Sickle is now level 3 [*]I used many health potions since woodland path is much harder than training fields. [/LIST] [u]Second ten:[/u] [LIST] [*]Sickle died. He was hit with two critical attacks at once, and he just couldn't take it.(Colbalt will take his place on the team) [*]NightGlow and Rasp are now level 5 [/LIST] [u]Third Ten:[/u] [LIST] [*]Just a lot of health potions being used [/LIST] [u]Last Ten:[/u] [LIST] [*]Cobalt leveled up to level 5 [/LIST]
Day 8

Blueridge Fin
Meat... which means 40-50 matches. I will be using a lot of health potions and fleeing a bunch, so hopefully my babies do not die today.

Coli team today is:
NightGlow, Raspberry, and Sickle. I really hope sickle doesn't die today since he hasn't been on the team yet. I want an apparel item so I can breed him!

First ten battles:
  • Sickle came very close to dying, but I fled so he could recover
  • Sickle is now level 3
  • I used many health potions since woodland path is much harder than training fields.
Second ten:
  • Sickle died. He was hit with two critical attacks at once, and he just couldn't take it.(Colbalt will take his place on the team)
  • NightGlow and Rasp are now level 5
Third Ten:
  • Just a lot of health potions being used
Last Ten:
  • Cobalt leveled up to level 5
1 2 3 4