Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [TCC] Boss Beach Party Mafia [Subs!]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
[center][img]http://imgur.com/3jT3SfC.png[/img][/center] The week leading up to the annual Thundercrack Carnivale was unusually sunny for the entirety of the Shifting Expanse. For once, the skies were not filled with the dark, ominously crackling clouds that prefaced the Boss in a displeased mood. The dragons of Lightning weren’t furiously flittering about in their work, and even the Tempest Spire seemed to have shut down.. No, the week leading into the Carnivale was unusually sunny, and unusually quiet. It was no wonder, for the week before, the Stormcatcher had sent out a memo to all employees. There was no work to be done; instead, they were given time off to have a beach party! Now, this isn’t your typical beach party. Somewhere, somehow, the memo had gotten changed. Desserts lined the towels and blankets set out to keep them off the sand. Tiramisu and cakes galore, pies of any flavor imaginable, cobbers and crunches and even delicately formed spun sugar crystals, as far as any dragon could see. The hard-working members of Lightning, while confused, were too blinded by the promise of time off to care. As the dragons gathered near the mouth of the river by the Sunbeam Ruins, some others had gathered near the Ashfall Wastes. They had taken the promise of a beach party and put up flyers - discretely, of course. The Boss wouldn’t have approved of their plans for the party anyway. [center][img]http://i.imgur.com/ALkFSPM.png[/img][/center] The party was in full swing when… CRASH! “WHO HAS DONE THIS?!” the Stormcatcher roared. The Beach Party was meant to be his, but he had authorized no such thing, this close to the wastelands where the sea turned cold and unforgiving. “WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS UNAUTHORIZED BEACH PARTY?” No dragon spoke up, for they knew that the organizers of this party, who had intended for the players to start a game of mafia, would be in trouble for it. Besides that...no dragon had, well, really gotten a good look at them to even know where to begin. “TIRION! STORMBRINGER! VELVET!” the Boss roared. His voice echoed throughout the Expanse, as it was wont to do, and the three dragons in question came running, or well, flying. “Yes sir?” “Sir!” “Boss?” “Find out who has authorised this beach party, on the double. I want this done IMMEDIATELY!” “Sir,” Tirion ventured. “Does this mean…?” The other two shared looks of equal parts fear and excitement. The deity heaved, “DID I NOT AUTHORISE THE USE OF THE Q.U.I.P FOR THIS SITUATION IN THE MANUAL?! GET TO WORK!” “YES SIR!”
3jT3SfC.png

The week leading up to the annual Thundercrack Carnivale was unusually sunny for the entirety of the Shifting Expanse. For once, the skies were not filled with the dark, ominously crackling clouds that prefaced the Boss in a displeased mood. The dragons of Lightning weren’t furiously flittering about in their work, and even the Tempest Spire seemed to have shut down..

No, the week leading into the Carnivale was unusually sunny, and unusually quiet.

It was no wonder, for the week before, the Stormcatcher had sent out a memo to all employees. There was no work to be done; instead, they were given time off to have a beach party!

Now, this isn’t your typical beach party. Somewhere, somehow, the memo had gotten changed. Desserts lined the towels and blankets set out to keep them off the sand. Tiramisu and cakes galore, pies of any flavor imaginable, cobbers and crunches and even delicately formed spun sugar crystals, as far as any dragon could see. The hard-working members of Lightning, while confused, were too blinded by the promise of time off to care.

As the dragons gathered near the mouth of the river by the Sunbeam Ruins, some others had gathered near the Ashfall Wastes. They had taken the promise of a beach party and put up flyers - discretely, of course. The Boss wouldn’t have approved of their plans for the party anyway.

ALkFSPM.png

The party was in full swing when…

CRASH!

“WHO HAS DONE THIS?!” the Stormcatcher roared. The Beach Party was meant to be his, but he had authorized no such thing, this close to the wastelands where the sea turned cold and unforgiving. “WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS UNAUTHORIZED BEACH PARTY?”

No dragon spoke up, for they knew that the organizers of this party, who had intended for the players to start a game of mafia, would be in trouble for it. Besides that...no dragon had, well, really gotten a good look at them to even know where to begin.

“TIRION! STORMBRINGER! VELVET!” the Boss roared. His voice echoed throughout the Expanse, as it was wont to do, and the three dragons in question came running, or well, flying.

“Yes sir?”

“Sir!”

“Boss?”

“Find out who has authorised this beach party, on the double. I want this done IMMEDIATELY!”

“Sir,” Tirion ventured. “Does this mean…?”

The other two shared looks of equal parts fear and excitement.

The deity heaved, “DID I NOT AUTHORISE THE USE OF THE Q.U.I.P FOR THIS SITUATION IN THE MANUAL?! GET TO WORK!”

“YES SIR!”

2rHLxZD.png
[center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/4b60e40d0ecc840c7880e1b5cf4e5feb/tumblr_ot6ewvuYmL1w7li2do5_1280.png[/img][/center] Welcome to Thundercrack Carnivale’s Boss’ Beach Party Mafia! Mafia, or Werewolf, is a game of social deduction and deception. In mafia, a small, informed group (the “mafia”) seek to eliminate all who oppose them, while an uninformed majority (the “town”) try to eliminate the mafia. Members of the mafia know each other and may speak to one another in private, while the town knows only themselves. This is the basis of the game: an informed minority against an uninformed majority. During each day cycle, players may deliberate as a group and decide who, of all players, they believe to be mafia. Collectively, players then vote to remove (lynch) 1 person from the game. Players may also submit any actions during the course of the day, which can help protect others or find the mafia. When the day ends, the person with the highest number of votes is removed from the game, and all actions go into effect. Such actions can range from stopping another player’s action from occurring to investigating another player to even “killing” another player to remove them from the game. The mafia also have an independent, factional ability to remove a player from the game, known as their “factional kill”. The mafia win when they overpower town or comprise over 50% of the game. The town wins when all members of the mafia have been eliminated from the game. The town must identify people as town or mafia, while the mafia attempt to appear as much like town as possible to stay alive. To complicate matters further, other players may exist with their own win conditions in the game… [b]Moderators[/b] @Arelia @kirkfan2255 @Tsaiah When signing up, please include one of the following Flower Crown colors you would like! There are limited numbers available, and they will be kept updated for new signups. [indent]Marigold: 0 Daisy: 0 Red Rose: 0 Violet: 0 Sakura: 0[/indent] [b]Are you in Lightning?[/b] Priority is currently being given to Out of Flight folks for the playerlist, but not to worry! You are welcome to sign up as a substitute player for now. If the game has not filled by Thursday, July 20, we will be opening signups for Lightning folks, with priority given to those who have already signed up on the subs list! [b]Players[/b] [i]All players who elect to play the game! Please make sure you read EVERYTHING before signing up![/i] [list=1] [*] @anika - Sakura [*]@CrystalRush - Sakura [*]@GrimMistress - Sakura [*]@xarellax - Red Rose [*]@8uny - Red Rose [*]@Cheshly - Daisy [*]@Crumbleless - Sakura [*]@Leremis - Marigold [*]@polygone - Violet [*]@Firo - Red Rose [*]@Varikset - Red Rose [*]@Combtaystic - Violet [*]@TheNightDancer - Marigold [*]@Ambrose - Red Rose [*]@Moonwater - Sakura [*]@M00nknight - Violet [*]@Shadowlugia711 - Violet [*]@Druddigon8 - Marigold [*]@Niathria - Daisy [*]@danijust - Daisy [*]@Limelight - Violet [*]@FM84 - Daisy [*]@Morifinde - Daisy [*]@Stanari - Marigold [*]@Alphanix - Marigold [/list] [b]Substitutes[/b] [i]These amazing players will take over in the event a player may not be able to continue the game.[/i] [list][*] @raiccoon [*] @timetot [*] @AureaImperatrix [*] @Journey [*] @Stanari [*]@Mithent [*]@crateshya [*]@StormDreamer [*]Your name could be here! These slots are unlimited.[/list] [b]Spectators[/b] [list] [*] @Tufira [*] @KathiraNarae [*] @SmashedFish [*]@catgame21234 [*]@QiEclipse [*]@Stormchesters [*]@goatling94 [*]@Scoria [/list] [i]All spectators are invited to join us on the boardwalk with cotton candy as we watch the intrepid play (and yes, there is a chat).[/i] [size=4][b]Game Expectations[/b][/size] [list][*]This game is a [b]non-RP[/b] game. You should be interacting with this game as yourself, not through proxy of a dragon or other OC. Roleplaying in this game is highly discouraged. [*]This game [b]will be fast[/b]. Game days are only 21 hours long, with a 3 hour lockdown to make a full 24-hour day. If you cannot commit to an estimate of 5-7 days of this, please do not sign up. This is the best estimate of the game length - it may run longer or shorter, and you may not play the entire time. [*]By way of this, [b]this game will be reading-heavy[/b]. This is not a game you can play for 30 minutes and then put down. You will likely want to be online for extended periods of time, and/or multiple times a day. Expect this game to reach 300-400 pages in length by the end of the game. [b]Do not be surprised if this game has 50+ pages in the first day[/b]. Day 1 tends to be the most intense day in terms of length. [*]This game will be [b]role-heavy[/b]. Expect to have some kind of role with an ability and/or item, though the extent of power may vary. While this game has been balanced to the best of our abilities, it has not undergone stringent review. Things may still be game-breaky and swingy. Your mileage may vary. [*]Expect this game to also be [b]emotionally intense[/b]. While I and my comods do seek to keep this game as a safe environment to play productively and, ultimately, have fun, things WILL become heated, especially as the game goes on. Mafia is a game of social deduction and argument. People will needle you and aggressive play is expected. Arguments will most likely be contentious, if good-natured, [b]and does not mean anyone in this game dislikes you personally[/b]. [*]Ultimately, I hope you have fun while playing this game![/list]
tumblr_ot6ewvuYmL1w7li2do5_1280.png

Welcome to Thundercrack Carnivale’s Boss’ Beach Party Mafia! Mafia, or Werewolf, is a game of social deduction and deception. In mafia, a small, informed group (the “mafia”) seek to eliminate all who oppose them, while an uninformed majority (the “town”) try to eliminate the mafia. Members of the mafia know each other and may speak to one another in private, while the town knows only themselves. This is the basis of the game: an informed minority against an uninformed majority.

During each day cycle, players may deliberate as a group and decide who, of all players, they believe to be mafia. Collectively, players then vote to remove (lynch) 1 person from the game. Players may also submit any actions during the course of the day, which can help protect others or find the mafia. When the day ends, the person with the highest number of votes is removed from the game, and all actions go into effect. Such actions can range from stopping another player’s action from occurring to investigating another player to even “killing” another player to remove them from the game. The mafia also have an independent, factional ability to remove a player from the game, known as their “factional kill”.

The mafia win when they overpower town or comprise over 50% of the game. The town wins when all members of the mafia have been eliminated from the game. The town must identify people as town or mafia, while the mafia attempt to appear as much like town as possible to stay alive. To complicate matters further, other players may exist with their own win conditions in the game…

Moderators
@Arelia
@kirkfan2255
@Tsaiah

When signing up, please include one of the following Flower Crown colors you would like! There are limited numbers available, and they will be kept updated for new signups.
Marigold: 0
Daisy: 0
Red Rose: 0
Violet: 0
Sakura: 0

Are you in Lightning? Priority is currently being given to Out of Flight folks for the playerlist, but not to worry! You are welcome to sign up as a substitute player for now. If the game has not filled by Thursday, July 20, we will be opening signups for Lightning folks, with priority given to those who have already signed up on the subs list!

Players
All players who elect to play the game! Please make sure you read EVERYTHING before signing up!
  1. @anika - Sakura
  2. @CrystalRush - Sakura
  3. @GrimMistress - Sakura
  4. @xarellax - Red Rose
  5. @8uny - Red Rose
  6. @Cheshly - Daisy
  7. @Crumbleless - Sakura
  8. @Leremis - Marigold
  9. @polygone - Violet
  10. @Firo - Red Rose
  11. @Varikset - Red Rose
  12. @Combtaystic - Violet
  13. @TheNightDancer - Marigold
  14. @Ambrose - Red Rose
  15. @Moonwater - Sakura
  16. @M00nknight - Violet
  17. @Shadowlugia711 - Violet
  18. @Druddigon8 - Marigold
  19. @Niathria - Daisy
  20. @danijust - Daisy
  21. @Limelight - Violet
  22. @FM84 - Daisy
  23. @Morifinde - Daisy
  24. @Stanari - Marigold
  25. @Alphanix - Marigold

Substitutes
These amazing players will take over in the event a player may not be able to continue the game.
Spectators All spectators are invited to join us on the boardwalk with cotton candy as we watch the intrepid play (and yes, there is a chat).

Game Expectations
  • This game is a non-RP game. You should be interacting with this game as yourself, not through proxy of a dragon or other OC. Roleplaying in this game is highly discouraged.
  • This game will be fast. Game days are only 21 hours long, with a 3 hour lockdown to make a full 24-hour day. If you cannot commit to an estimate of 5-7 days of this, please do not sign up. This is the best estimate of the game length - it may run longer or shorter, and you may not play the entire time.
  • By way of this, this game will be reading-heavy. This is not a game you can play for 30 minutes and then put down. You will likely want to be online for extended periods of time, and/or multiple times a day. Expect this game to reach 300-400 pages in length by the end of the game. Do not be surprised if this game has 50+ pages in the first day. Day 1 tends to be the most intense day in terms of length.
  • This game will be role-heavy. Expect to have some kind of role with an ability and/or item, though the extent of power may vary. While this game has been balanced to the best of our abilities, it has not undergone stringent review. Things may still be game-breaky and swingy. Your mileage may vary.
  • Expect this game to also be emotionally intense. While I and my comods do seek to keep this game as a safe environment to play productively and, ultimately, have fun, things WILL become heated, especially as the game goes on. Mafia is a game of social deduction and argument. People will needle you and aggressive play is expected. Arguments will most likely be contentious, if good-natured, and does not mean anyone in this game dislikes you personally.
  • Ultimately, I hope you have fun while playing this game!

2rHLxZD.png
[center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/2dabd7eeba75aec457ce2c375c651f71/tumblr_ot6ewvuYmL1w7li2do4_1280.png[/img][/center] [size=4]General[/size] [list][*]Days will be 21 hours long with a 3 hour lockdown period beginning at [b]18:00 FR time[/b]. Once lockdown has begun, actions, votes, and vote changes will no longer be accepted. You may continue posting until you see the RESERVED posts, which may occur at any point during the lockdown phase and without warning. You may not post until you are pinged with the long version of the End of the Day post. If lockdown is ended early, it will add more time to the next day - lockdown time will not change barring extenuating circumstances. [*]Town and Mafia win conditions will be public knowledge. Other win conditions (wincons) may apply depending on roles and setup, and will be revealed at the end of the game. [*]This is a [b]non-RP[/b] game. Do not RP a dragon or your role in this game. [*]Word of Mod is final. I and any comods I may have reserve the right to hand down punishment as seen fit for breaking any of these rules. [b]Punishments may run from a warning to replacement to modkill[/b], depending on the type of infraction and severity. [*]Faking breaking the rules is the same as breaking the rules. Final interpretation of the rules is up to the mods. In general, follow the SPIRIT of the rules, not the LETTER of the rules. [b]Ask if you are unsure[/b]. [*]Remember first and foremost that [b]this is a game[/b]. Be civil, and expect arguments that may become heated. Aggressive behavior is allowed and expected, but personal attacks are NOT okay. The game of mafia is a DEBATE, which means that you may be on the receiving end of suspicions by other players. This is normal and should be expected. [*]Players are expected to abide not only by the rules placed on this thread, but also to continue to follow all [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=50]Rules and Guidelines[/url] and the [url=http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=wiki&article=66]Code of Conduct[/url] for FlightRising at all times during the course of the game. [*][b]I also reserve the right to change or add rules as I see fit[/b]. Any rule changes that may occur during the game will be announced to the thread as necessary. [*]The game will end when a game-ending faction has achieved its win condition. A game-ending faction is any faction whose wincon is contradictory to any other wincon.[/list] [size=4]Activity and Posting[/size] [list][*][b]Do not edit or delete posts[/b]. [*]Do not copy-paste or screenshot anything I have told you directly. Quoting in the thread and paraphrasing private communication is fine. [*]Once you are dead, you are dead. There is no goodbye, last will, or final words once you are announced as dead. You may not post in the thread again until the end of the game. [*][b]If you are not a player in the game, or have been eliminated from the game, do not post in the discussion thread.[/b] If you would like to spectate, have any questions or concerns, or would like to become a substitute, please [b]PM me[/b] or ask on the [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/28345512]Signup Thread[/url]. [*]Activity in the game counts as posting in the Discussion and Lynch threads. You must post at least once per real-life day in the Discussion thread. If you miss a day without warning, you will be prodded. If you miss a second day in a row, you will be replaced provided subs are available. If you come back before I find a sub, you may keep your position. If replacement does not come in a timely manner, your slot may be modkilled. [*]Hydra players are NOT allowed in this game. A ‘hydra’ is a playerslot that has two or more players in the same role playing together.[/list] [size=4]Communication[/size] [list][*]Out of thread game-related communication to any living or dead player is prohibited by any means (PM, QT, Skype, etc.) unless otherwise specified in your rolesheet or by a moderator. [*]You will receive a private QuickTopic (QT) link for submission of actions. Please use this to ask questions as well. [b]Do NOT share this link with anyone until after the game has ended![/b] Please note that the only players who will receive access to this QuickTopic will be yourself and the moderators while the game is ongoing. [*]I will not lie to you. I may answer vaguely, or say “no comment” or “I cannot answer that at this time”, but I will not directly lie to you or answer you in a deliberately misleading way if you ask a specific question. As a rule of thumb, I will not answer questions that are about how another role may affect your abilities, that are about another player’s role, or that would spoil the game for you/others in any way. [*]My inbox is always open if you have questions or concerns about the game, and you may feel free to contact me at any time for any reason. I do receive many PMs though, and prefer you to use your QuickTopic if it is not something dire. [*]If you must PM a moderator, [b]please title any PMs with “Boss’ Beach Party Mafia”, “BBP Mafia”, or some variation thereof[/b] to quickly identify it as a message for this mafia.[/list] [size=4]Actions[/size] [list][*]Actions are your abilities and items. Most actions should be submitted in your QuickTopic. [*]Actions occur in a specific order. Not everything will be announced to the thread and/or sent as results to you as part of the End of the Day results. The precise order that actions are processed will not be revealed until after the end of the game. Your ability may fail inexplicably due to things that happen in the game without you knowing it. [*]You may only use one ACTIVE ability a day unless otherwise specified. An active ability is one that is non-passive; [b]active abilities include Lightning abilities[/b]. Non-Lightning abilities may be submitted in your QT anytime before lockdown occurs. [*]An ability may be marked as [X-SHOT], where X is a number. This means that your ability has limited uses, and can run out. As compensation, these abilities tend to be more powerful. [*]Passive abilities, marked as [PASSIVE], occur under specific conditions and will occur automatically. If it is NOT listed as being passive, assume you must activate them. [*]Lightning abilities may have special rules in order to work - in general, they should be sent in via PM, as PMs are more immediately noticeable, unless otherwise specified. [b]Lightning abilities can only be submitted up to one hour prior to lockdown[/b], in order to allow time to see it and make any necessary announcements. Lightning abilities are also specified as [LIGHTNING].[/list] [size=4]Items[/size] [list][*]This game will have items available for use in the game. These are separate from your abilities. You may only use 1 item per day. [*]Barring circumstances stated in the ability or item, you may use one active ability and one item per day if you so choose. [*]Items follow a similar structure as abilities - ie, they may have a marking for [X-SHOT] or [LIGHTNING], and thus follow the guidelines laid out above. If it is a Lightning item, [b]please send it in via PM to any online moderator[/b]. [*]Items may be traded freely. Item trades are instant the moment a moderator sees it. You may not take back an item once a moderator has acknowledged that it has been traded.[/list] [size=4]Lynch[/size] [list][*]Voting will take place in a separate voting thread found [url=URL]here[/url]. [*]In order for a lynch to occur, 20% of currently living players (rounded up) must make a any vote (except No Vote) during that day cycle. In a game of 25 players, 5 people must cast a vote. [*][b]A lynch can occur by any number of votes as long as the 20% rule has been achieved. There is no hammer on reaching majority vote.[/b] [*]You may change your votes as many times as you like by [s]striking through[/s] your previous vote, but when the thread gets locked, the final name will be your vote. The no editing rule does NOT apply to the lynch thread, and if you do not strike through your vote, the first vote will be your vote. [*]The player with the highest number of votes will be lynched. [*]If two or more players are tied in votes or not enough players vote, no lynch will occur. [*][b]There is a secondary lynch mechanic in the game[/b]. Please see the MECHANICS section for details on how this works. [*]A [b]No Vote[/b] is different from a [b]No Lynch[/b]. No Votes are abstention from a vote (ie, I will not be voting today); No Lynches are for, as it says on the tin, no lynch to occur. In order for a No Lynch to win, it MUST have majority vote over all other votes, excluding No Vote. A tie between a No Lynch and a player will result in a lynch. [*]Any votes for the mod(s) will be treated as not voting. [*][b]Do not use nicknames when voting![/b] Yes, crunch time gets hectic, but the mods do not know every single player's nickname, and many nicknames are common. Please use either the full username, or the hydra name if applicable. Votes that are not clear (ie, a common nickname among several players) will be counted as a No Vote. [*]A Vote Count will be periodically posted in the Discussion thread throughout the game day. Expect these to occur 3-5 times per day cycle.[/list]
tumblr_ot6ewvuYmL1w7li2do4_1280.png

General
  • Days will be 21 hours long with a 3 hour lockdown period beginning at 18:00 FR time. Once lockdown has begun, actions, votes, and vote changes will no longer be accepted. You may continue posting until you see the RESERVED posts, which may occur at any point during the lockdown phase and without warning. You may not post until you are pinged with the long version of the End of the Day post. If lockdown is ended early, it will add more time to the next day - lockdown time will not change barring extenuating circumstances.
  • Town and Mafia win conditions will be public knowledge. Other win conditions (wincons) may apply depending on roles and setup, and will be revealed at the end of the game.
  • This is a non-RP game. Do not RP a dragon or your role in this game.
  • Word of Mod is final. I and any comods I may have reserve the right to hand down punishment as seen fit for breaking any of these rules. Punishments may run from a warning to replacement to modkill, depending on the type of infraction and severity.
  • Faking breaking the rules is the same as breaking the rules. Final interpretation of the rules is up to the mods. In general, follow the SPIRIT of the rules, not the LETTER of the rules. Ask if you are unsure.
  • Remember first and foremost that this is a game. Be civil, and expect arguments that may become heated. Aggressive behavior is allowed and expected, but personal attacks are NOT okay. The game of mafia is a DEBATE, which means that you may be on the receiving end of suspicions by other players. This is normal and should be expected.
  • Players are expected to abide not only by the rules placed on this thread, but also to continue to follow all Rules and Guidelines and the Code of Conduct for FlightRising at all times during the course of the game.
  • I also reserve the right to change or add rules as I see fit. Any rule changes that may occur during the game will be announced to the thread as necessary.
  • The game will end when a game-ending faction has achieved its win condition. A game-ending faction is any faction whose wincon is contradictory to any other wincon.

Activity and Posting
  • Do not edit or delete posts.
  • Do not copy-paste or screenshot anything I have told you directly. Quoting in the thread and paraphrasing private communication is fine.
  • Once you are dead, you are dead. There is no goodbye, last will, or final words once you are announced as dead. You may not post in the thread again until the end of the game.
  • If you are not a player in the game, or have been eliminated from the game, do not post in the discussion thread. If you would like to spectate, have any questions or concerns, or would like to become a substitute, please PM me or ask on the Signup Thread.
  • Activity in the game counts as posting in the Discussion and Lynch threads. You must post at least once per real-life day in the Discussion thread. If you miss a day without warning, you will be prodded. If you miss a second day in a row, you will be replaced provided subs are available. If you come back before I find a sub, you may keep your position. If replacement does not come in a timely manner, your slot may be modkilled.
  • Hydra players are NOT allowed in this game. A ‘hydra’ is a playerslot that has two or more players in the same role playing together.

Communication
  • Out of thread game-related communication to any living or dead player is prohibited by any means (PM, QT, Skype, etc.) unless otherwise specified in your rolesheet or by a moderator.
  • You will receive a private QuickTopic (QT) link for submission of actions. Please use this to ask questions as well. Do NOT share this link with anyone until after the game has ended! Please note that the only players who will receive access to this QuickTopic will be yourself and the moderators while the game is ongoing.
  • I will not lie to you. I may answer vaguely, or say “no comment” or “I cannot answer that at this time”, but I will not directly lie to you or answer you in a deliberately misleading way if you ask a specific question. As a rule of thumb, I will not answer questions that are about how another role may affect your abilities, that are about another player’s role, or that would spoil the game for you/others in any way.
  • My inbox is always open if you have questions or concerns about the game, and you may feel free to contact me at any time for any reason. I do receive many PMs though, and prefer you to use your QuickTopic if it is not something dire.
  • If you must PM a moderator, please title any PMs with “Boss’ Beach Party Mafia”, “BBP Mafia”, or some variation thereof to quickly identify it as a message for this mafia.

Actions
  • Actions are your abilities and items. Most actions should be submitted in your QuickTopic.
  • Actions occur in a specific order. Not everything will be announced to the thread and/or sent as results to you as part of the End of the Day results. The precise order that actions are processed will not be revealed until after the end of the game. Your ability may fail inexplicably due to things that happen in the game without you knowing it.
  • You may only use one ACTIVE ability a day unless otherwise specified. An active ability is one that is non-passive; active abilities include Lightning abilities. Non-Lightning abilities may be submitted in your QT anytime before lockdown occurs.
  • An ability may be marked as [X-SHOT], where X is a number. This means that your ability has limited uses, and can run out. As compensation, these abilities tend to be more powerful.
  • Passive abilities, marked as [PASSIVE], occur under specific conditions and will occur automatically. If it is NOT listed as being passive, assume you must activate them.
  • Lightning abilities may have special rules in order to work - in general, they should be sent in via PM, as PMs are more immediately noticeable, unless otherwise specified. Lightning abilities can only be submitted up to one hour prior to lockdown, in order to allow time to see it and make any necessary announcements. Lightning abilities are also specified as [LIGHTNING].

Items
  • This game will have items available for use in the game. These are separate from your abilities. You may only use 1 item per day.
  • Barring circumstances stated in the ability or item, you may use one active ability and one item per day if you so choose.
  • Items follow a similar structure as abilities - ie, they may have a marking for [X-SHOT] or [LIGHTNING], and thus follow the guidelines laid out above. If it is a Lightning item, please send it in via PM to any online moderator.
  • Items may be traded freely. Item trades are instant the moment a moderator sees it. You may not take back an item once a moderator has acknowledged that it has been traded.

Lynch
  • Voting will take place in a separate voting thread found here.
  • In order for a lynch to occur, 20% of currently living players (rounded up) must make a any vote (except No Vote) during that day cycle. In a game of 25 players, 5 people must cast a vote.
  • A lynch can occur by any number of votes as long as the 20% rule has been achieved. There is no hammer on reaching majority vote.
  • You may change your votes as many times as you like by striking through your previous vote, but when the thread gets locked, the final name will be your vote. The no editing rule does NOT apply to the lynch thread, and if you do not strike through your vote, the first vote will be your vote.
  • The player with the highest number of votes will be lynched.
  • If two or more players are tied in votes or not enough players vote, no lynch will occur.
  • There is a secondary lynch mechanic in the game. Please see the MECHANICS section for details on how this works.
  • A No Vote is different from a No Lynch. No Votes are abstention from a vote (ie, I will not be voting today); No Lynches are for, as it says on the tin, no lynch to occur. In order for a No Lynch to win, it MUST have majority vote over all other votes, excluding No Vote. A tie between a No Lynch and a player will result in a lynch.
  • Any votes for the mod(s) will be treated as not voting.
  • Do not use nicknames when voting! Yes, crunch time gets hectic, but the mods do not know every single player's nickname, and many nicknames are common. Please use either the full username, or the hydra name if applicable. Votes that are not clear (ie, a common nickname among several players) will be counted as a No Vote.
  • A Vote Count will be periodically posted in the Discussion thread throughout the game day. Expect these to occur 3-5 times per day cycle.
2rHLxZD.png
[center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/c7a62a51551ea80e570063643c51aec6/tumblr_ot6ewvuYmL1w7li2do3_1280.png[/img][/center] Crown Bonus and the Secondary Lynch The flower crown you chose at signup isn’t just for looks or a participation prize. It also determines your Crown Bonus color. The Crown Bonus is a special ability that works to either enhance your current abilities, impair another’s abilities, or function as another, independent ability. All Crown Bonuses are independent from others - while you may have a similar (though not identical) ability to another player’s regular abilities, no one else in the game has your same bonus ability. Crown Bonus abilities may only be used when your flower crown color has the bonus for the day. If your color is Marigold, you can only use the ability when Marigold has the bonus. The Crown Bonus is determined daily by a [u]Secondary Lynch mechanic[/u]. This Secondary Lynch is NOT separate from the Primary Lynch - instead, it is in addition to it. The player with the second-highest number of votes daily will activate the lynch for their flower crown color, unless the vote results in a tie or No Lynch. In the case of a tie or No Lynch, the Crown Bonus color will be randomly determined from all colors that remain existing in the game (ie, if all players with the Red Rose crown are eliminated, the Red Rose color will NOT be able to be chosen).
tumblr_ot6ewvuYmL1w7li2do3_1280.png

Crown Bonus and the Secondary Lynch

The flower crown you chose at signup isn’t just for looks or a participation prize. It also determines your Crown Bonus color. The Crown Bonus is a special ability that works to either enhance your current abilities, impair another’s abilities, or function as another, independent ability. All Crown Bonuses are independent from others - while you may have a similar (though not identical) ability to another player’s regular abilities, no one else in the game has your same bonus ability.

Crown Bonus abilities may only be used when your flower crown color has the bonus for the day. If your color is Marigold, you can only use the ability when Marigold has the bonus.

The Crown Bonus is determined daily by a Secondary Lynch mechanic. This Secondary Lynch is NOT separate from the Primary Lynch - instead, it is in addition to it. The player with the second-highest number of votes daily will activate the lynch for their flower crown color, unless the vote results in a tie or No Lynch.

In the case of a tie or No Lynch, the Crown Bonus color will be randomly determined from all colors that remain existing in the game (ie, if all players with the Red Rose crown are eliminated, the Red Rose color will NOT be able to be chosen).
2rHLxZD.png
[center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/706817a62e0c6e4796fb8aa5a52ec154/tumblr_ot6ewvuYmL1w7li2do2_1280.png[/img][/center] First off, special thanks to Arelia, for letting Kirk and Tsaiah jump in with her on making a mafia game (and for doing the banner and headers)! Thank you to Tyeth, the TCC hub host and general organizer of all things banners and events! Thank you by extension to [url=http://www.natures-desktop.com/imagelarge/1440x900/203/three-cliffs-bay.php]this site[/url] for the banner background, Firra, catgame21234 and salticidae for the stickers, Tyeth for the text and CelestialBlue for the design! Thank you to Lightning Flight, who have put in so much hard work for not only our festival push, but also to make all the events shine and be amazing! Thank you to all other flights, for supporting us this week. Thank you to anyone who has managed to make it past the walls of text to this section of the thread. You’re the real MVPs! And thank you to the Boss, for letting us [s]slack off[/s] GET BACK TO WORK! [center][url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2228256][img]http://i.imgur.com/BuzkRQB.png[/img] [size=5][b][color=cyan]Thundercrack Carnivale Hub 2017[/color][/b][/size][/url] [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/forga/1542251][img]http://i.imgur.com/XT8p1k9.png[/img][/url][/center] If you’re interested in joining a general pinglist for mafia games or looking for some help with what the heck this even is, check out the IMH Hub! The thread’s a little outdated, but has some good information for anybody interested in learning more about the game and how we play it on the forums!
tumblr_ot6ewvuYmL1w7li2do2_1280.png

First off, special thanks to Arelia, for letting Kirk and Tsaiah jump in with her on making a mafia game (and for doing the banner and headers)!

Thank you to Tyeth, the TCC hub host and general organizer of all things banners and events! Thank you by extension to this site for the banner background, Firra, catgame21234 and salticidae for the stickers, Tyeth for the text and CelestialBlue for the design!

Thank you to Lightning Flight, who have put in so much hard work for not only our festival push, but also to make all the events shine and be amazing!

Thank you to all other flights, for supporting us this week.

Thank you to anyone who has managed to make it past the walls of text to this section of the thread. You’re the real MVPs!

And thank you to the Boss, for letting us slack off GET BACK TO WORK!

If you’re interested in joining a general pinglist for mafia games or looking for some help with what the heck this even is, check out the IMH Hub! The thread’s a little outdated, but has some good information for anybody interested in learning more about the game and how we play it on the forums!

2rHLxZD.png
[center][img]https://68.media.tumblr.com/b97f68c4cfd3983fb5237cea334cacc6/tumblr_ot6ewvuYmL1w7li2do1_1280.png[/img][/center] [b]Non-RP Style Mafia[/b]: [size=1]@MathGirl277, @Chaoticreactions, @passingavery, @Tsaiah, @Firo, @Leucoss, @Varikset, @kirkfan2255, @IndigoPi, @ashestoashes, @Stanari, @AureaImperatrix, @Chuck, @wbq, @InuKimi, @OblitusBellum, @WolfSong, @earendils, @DJFeather, @Geoff, @RedDragonD, @FloatingInSpace, @Shadowlugia711, @LordAlois, @Detroness, @Fallencrow, @Mithent, @KathiraNarae, @marchhare, @NekoNikki, @Valheru, @ChaoticKagura, @Nightlock, @Bequerel, @Peroxides, @Imraldera, @Kalideoscope, @ChibiKittens, @GrimMistress, @Bearclaws, @TanakaTheWarlock, @yogsloth, @ExoticBacoe, @Ravenwolf, @SmolPeridot, @Raya36, @nsts, @FretfulSardines, @Rangiku, @skeletalecho, @Fil, @raiccoon, @ShockZephyr, @DuskyAether, @Journey, @m00nbird, @Nightrising, @Tanglefire, @Wyxamex, @Druddigon8, @heartcrusher1, @Peachycupcake525, @JackalJames, @Silverfrost, @polygone, @Ninjacatblue, @keraunic, @Narumitsu, @Elroking, @Kahvinporo, @ophician, @Casiope, @WaterWolf600, @TheSpine, @Shengrila, @WilltayC, @amapup, @MurasakiSama, @Wolfpack1216r, @SmashedFish, @FunFilledWTFery, @Corial, @JohnWatsGoingOn, @WolfSong, @DreamAlex, @CrazyRedFire, @Wintrymix, @MystRunner, @kalhalla, @Holi, @Werelynx, @WynterDragen, @ThisOneIsBlue, @CakeOn, @EccentricElf23, @PandaMimi, @marchhare, @Ambrose, @Beheaded, @tinydobes, @CinnabarCobra, @starseer, @YaBoiGuzma, @Valgami, @Percifrax, @TheMemeTeam, @Cacogen, @chiono, @Fortuna, @Duracraft27, @SilverWinter, @Cosmopoeia, @Leremis, @StormDreamer, @Epioth, @Rosetta248, @PaintingWithFire, @Rocnix, @anika, @LittleFirefly, @Craneoflores, @Tristess, @VivaFariy, @Frayxing, @Kapara, @Winterreise, @8uny, @DerpKing52, @Vrykolakas, @Moonwater, @84inch, @Limelight, @MagykalWagykal, @xspideray, @TheNightDancer, @Kallistrate, @Arelia, @demoliceros, @WestWindSentinel, @Mue, @Crowlich, @Maithax, @Artgeekallday, @Kamme, @GilatheHybrid, @Crumbleless, @Solanceae, @Teadwin, @timetot, @Combtaystic[/size] [center]Please use the [url=https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17ytM1XE4H-Q_y3lBjvWPJXurSbzIy7x8T9XznVeOVTo]IMH Spreadsheet[/url] for the most up-to-date pinglists.[/center] Hey everyone! It's TCC and what better way to celebrate than with a party? [s]shh don't tell boss[/s] Everything has been laid out on the thread; please make sure you read everything first and make sure to mention your flower crown in the post! Sparks, you can only sign up as sub for now, but we'll be accepting you guys later on if we don't fill by Friday. Hope you all have a sparking good time!
tumblr_ot6ewvuYmL1w7li2do1_1280.png

Non-RP Style Mafia: @MathGirl277, @Chaoticreactions, @passingavery, @Tsaiah, @Firo, @Leucoss, @Varikset, @kirkfan2255, @IndigoPi, @ashestoashes, @Stanari, @AureaImperatrix, @Chuck, @wbq, @InuKimi, @OblitusBellum, @WolfSong, @earendils, @DJFeather, @Geoff, @RedDragonD, @FloatingInSpace, @Shadowlugia711, @LordAlois, @Detroness, @Fallencrow, @Mithent, @KathiraNarae, @marchhare, @NekoNikki, @Valheru, @ChaoticKagura, @Nightlock, @Bequerel, @Peroxides, @Imraldera, @Kalideoscope, @ChibiKittens, @GrimMistress, @Bearclaws, @TanakaTheWarlock, @yogsloth, @ExoticBacoe, @Ravenwolf, @SmolPeridot, @Raya36, @nsts, @FretfulSardines, @Rangiku, @skeletalecho, @Fil, @raiccoon, @ShockZephyr, @DuskyAether, @Journey, @m00nbird, @Nightrising, @Tanglefire, @Wyxamex, @Druddigon8, @heartcrusher1, @Peachycupcake525, @JackalJames, @Silverfrost, @polygone, @Ninjacatblue, @keraunic, @Narumitsu, @Elroking, @Kahvinporo, @ophician, @Casiope, @WaterWolf600, @TheSpine, @Shengrila, @WilltayC, @amapup, @MurasakiSama, @Wolfpack1216r, @SmashedFish, @FunFilledWTFery, @Corial, @JohnWatsGoingOn, @WolfSong, @DreamAlex, @CrazyRedFire, @Wintrymix, @MystRunner, @kalhalla, @Holi, @Werelynx, @WynterDragen, @ThisOneIsBlue, @CakeOn, @EccentricElf23, @PandaMimi, @marchhare, @Ambrose, @Beheaded, @tinydobes, @CinnabarCobra, @starseer, @YaBoiGuzma, @Valgami, @Percifrax, @TheMemeTeam, @Cacogen, @chiono, @Fortuna, @Duracraft27, @SilverWinter, @Cosmopoeia, @Leremis, @StormDreamer, @Epioth, @Rosetta248, @PaintingWithFire, @Rocnix, @anika, @LittleFirefly, @Craneoflores, @Tristess, @VivaFariy, @Frayxing, @Kapara, @Winterreise, @8uny, @DerpKing52, @Vrykolakas, @Moonwater, @84inch, @Limelight, @MagykalWagykal, @xspideray, @TheNightDancer, @Kallistrate, @Arelia, @demoliceros, @WestWindSentinel, @Mue, @Crowlich, @Maithax, @Artgeekallday, @Kamme, @GilatheHybrid, @Crumbleless, @Solanceae, @Teadwin, @timetot, @Combtaystic
Please use the IMH Spreadsheet for the most up-to-date pinglists.

Hey everyone! It's TCC and what better way to celebrate than with a party? shh don't tell boss

Everything has been laid out on the thread; please make sure you read everything first and make sure to mention your flower crown in the post!

Sparks, you can only sign up as sub for now, but we'll be accepting you guys later on if we don't fill by Friday.

Hope you all have a sparking good time!
2rHLxZD.png
[center][img]http://i.imgur.com/9Mdj2K0.png[/img] [b]SC4425[/b][/center]
9Mdj2K0.png
SC4425
2rHLxZD.png
@Arelia

I would like to join! My flower preference is Sakura.
@Arelia

I would like to join! My flower preference is Sakura.
@Arelia wooo I love this game, we call it "Lupus" in Italy xD I'd like to sign up and Sakura would be my preference
@Arelia wooo I love this game, we call it "Lupus" in Italy xD I'd like to sign up and Sakura would be my preference
fSyuKaw.png -Crystal
-she/her
-FR+9
-secretly three sloths in a trenchcoat
@Arelia

Could I join (flower; Sakura)? I was thinking about actually trying an aggressive playstyle for a change ^^
@Arelia

Could I join (flower; Sakura)? I was thinking about actually trying an aggressive playstyle for a change ^^
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10