Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [personal] boss familiar coli challenge
1 2 3
to start off, i really can't claim all the credit. i began this challenge several months ago on [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2022470]Charingo's "please kill me" coli challenge.[/url] less because i was after the prize offered, and more because completing the bestiary (sans sprites, beta, KS, and downtime familiars) is one of my long-term FR goals. [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/2022470/6#post_24914415]this is my entry in Charingo's challenge thread.[/url] now that i've got this, i won't be updating it anymore. but the setup used in that entry will carry over! to clarify, here are the guidelines: [list][*]the familiars must be collected from the coliseum by me. no buying allowed! [list][*]that's not to say i'm not allowed to obtain boss fams via other methods, but i won't count it toward this challenge if i am gifted or win a boss fam.[/list] [*]to prove that i farmed them up, a screenshot of each bossdrop must be provided. no screenshot, no credit. [list][*]the ones that dropped while doing Charingo's challenge have my username shown in the screenie as proof of my identity; however, for this personal challenge, i'm foregoing that and cropping the screencap down a bit more.[/list] [*]though optional, i will be including notable drops from each venue as i farm. [list][*]for reference, when i'm grinding fodder in the mire/ruins/roost/pools with a trainer not capable of taking on the boss alone, i don't consider myself to be boss farming, so i won't count those drops. only drops obtained while i am purposefully boss-hunting will be shown.[/list] [*]this challenge will be considered complete when i have one boss familiar from every applicable venue. stage 2, which we'll call "exorcise my tortured spirit pls" will aim to get the other boss drop from every venue. [list][*]according to [url=http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/1327998/672#post_23990344]the Nov 21, 2016 weekly Q&A,[/url] the coarsefur yeti in the boreal woods is not meant to be a boss. it should more rightly be considered a miniboss. however, it's in Charingo's challenge, and i wouldn't pass up the opportunity to heap more suffering upon myself by including it in this.[/list][/list] [b]as of 9/18/2017[/b] i will be converting this from a boss familiar challenge to an all-coliseum-familiar challenge. the update will be gradual and i will curse every time they add a new venue. as of [b]11/29/2018[/b] i'll be combining this into a longdrop challenge, since i'm doing essentially the same kind of long grind anyway. to clarify the change in setup: [list][*]the next time i go into each venue and get dropped loot, the first (as in the top leftmost) [i]common drop[/i] item will be my target item. things like battlestones, apparel, eggs, etc will not be considered. just the food or material or trinket items. [*]once that target item is locked in, i will continue to grind until i have an entire 99 stack of it. along the way i'll be keepign the notable drops updated like usual.[/list]
to start off, i really can't claim all the credit. i began this challenge several months ago on Charingo's "please kill me" coli challenge. less because i was after the prize offered, and more because completing the bestiary (sans sprites, beta, KS, and downtime familiars) is one of my long-term FR goals.

this is my entry in Charingo's challenge thread. now that i've got this, i won't be updating it anymore. but the setup used in that entry will carry over! to clarify, here are the guidelines:

• the familiars must be collected from the coliseum by me. no buying allowed!
    • that's not to say i'm not allowed to obtain boss fams via other methods, but i won't count it toward this challenge if i am gifted or win a boss fam.
  • to prove that i farmed them up, a screenshot of each bossdrop must be provided. no screenshot, no credit.
    • the ones that dropped while doing Charingo's challenge have my username shown in the screenie as proof of my identity; however, for this personal challenge, i'm foregoing that and cropping the screencap down a bit more.
  • though optional, i will be including notable drops from each venue as i farm.
    • for reference, when i'm grinding fodder in the mire/ruins/roost/pools with a trainer not capable of taking on the boss alone, i don't consider myself to be boss farming, so i won't count those drops. only drops obtained while i am purposefully boss-hunting will be shown.
  • this challenge will be considered complete when i have one boss familiar from every applicable venue. stage 2, which we'll call "exorcise my tortured spirit pls" will aim to get the other boss drop from every venue.
    • according to the Nov 21, 2016 weekly Q&A, the coarsefur yeti in the boreal woods is not meant to be a boss. it should more rightly be considered a miniboss. however, it's in Charingo's challenge, and i wouldn't pass up the opportunity to heap more suffering upon myself by including it in this.

as of 9/18/2017 i will be converting this from a boss familiar challenge to an all-coliseum-familiar challenge. the update will be gradual and i will curse every time they add a new venue.

as of 11/29/2018 i'll be combining this into a longdrop challenge, since i'm doing essentially the same kind of long grind anyway. to clarify the change in setup:
  • the next time i go into each venue and get dropped loot, the first (as in the top leftmost) common drop item will be my target item. things like battlestones, apparel, eggs, etc will not be considered. just the food or material or trinket items.
  • once that target item is locked in, i will continue to grind until i have an entire 99 stack of it. along the way i'll be keepign the notable drops updated like usual.
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
training fields
training fields
hHEJ356.gif
5jalyiR.pngyesdxp5.pnghoHl8aR.pngO0XKT1G.pngeMBNBcv.png7kSLaUI.pngwOWKjsX.pngpab2ujj.pngZIv8N2a.png
DPSlXho.png
woodland path
woodland path
hHEJ356.gif
DPSlXho.png
scorched forest
scorched forest
hHEJ356.gif
DPSlXho.png
sandswept delta items: [item=magical acuity fragment] [item=acuity fragment] [item=mana bolt] [item=fishscale basket]x5 [item=might fragment] [item=mist slash] [item=minor health potion]x5 [item=vial of scattersight]x2 [item=dark acuity fragment] [item=jungle slash] [item=bolster] [item=natural might fragment] [item=scholar] [item=fiery might fragment] [item=crowned bonepriest] farming for scattersights...
sandswept delta

items:
Magical Acuity Fragment Acuity Fragment Mana Bolt Fishscale Basket x5 Might Fragment Mist Slash Minor Health Potion x5 Vial of Scattersight x2 Dark Acuity Fragment Jungle Slash Bolster Natural Might Fragment Scholar Fiery Might Fragment Crowned Bonepriest

farming for scattersights...
hHEJ356.gif
DPSlXho.png
[center][b][size=5]Blooming Grove[/size] [size=4]Goal:[/size][/b] [item=flowering pohip] [size=4]or[/size] [item=mossy pohip][/center] [b]notable drops:[/b] [item=treasured planter]x9 [item=health potion]x15 [item=minor health potion]x12 [item=aspen gall dryad]x2 [item=white rot deer] [item=flowering vulpine plushie]x20 [item=palefoot tadhop] [item=terra tortoise] [item=flame bolt] [item=sunbeam dryad] [item=grove piper] [item=aquatic acuity fragment] [item=dark might fragment] [item=charged might fragment] [item=boulder bolt] [item=alstroemeria fox] [b]hippos:[/b] 27
Blooming Grove

Goal:

Flowering Pohip or Mossy Pohip

notable drops:
Treasured Planter x9 Health Potion x15 Minor Health Potion x12 Aspen Gall Dryad x2 White Rot Deer Flowering Vulpine Plushie x20 Palefoot Tadhop Terra Tortoise Flame Bolt Sunbeam Dryad Grove Piper Aquatic Acuity Fragment Dark Might Fragment Charged Might Fragment Boulder Bolt Alstroemeria Fox

hippos: 27
hHEJ356.gif
DPSlXho.png
forgotten cave fams needed: i'll fix this eventually notable spoils: [item=deepearth geode]x75 [item=minor health potion]x3 [item=bright bolt] [item=natural acuity fragment] [item=frozen acuity fragment] [item=dwarf truffle] [item=magical acuity fragment] ... okay what's with the acuity fragments y'all
forgotten cave

fams needed:
i'll fix this eventually

notable spoils:
Deepearth Geode x75 Minor Health Potion x3 Bright Bolt Natural Acuity Fragment Frozen Acuity Fragment Dwarf Truffle Magical Acuity Fragment

... okay what's with the acuity fragments y'all
hHEJ356.gif
DPSlXho.png
bamboo falls
bamboo falls
hHEJ356.gif
DPSlXho.png
[center][b][size=5]Redrock Cove[/size] [size=4]Stage 1 COMPLETE[/b] on 1/22/2017[/size] [url=http://imgur.com/JFieSKo.png][img]http://imgur.com/JFieSKo.png[/url][/center] [b]notable drops:[/b] [item=mana bolt] [item=riptide clipper]x2 [item=murkbottom gull] [item=minor health potion]x10 [item=diseased might fragment] [item=mirage puffer] [item=aquatic might fragment] [item=barnacle-encrusted bottle]x4 [item=might fragment]x3 [item=frozen acuity fragment] [item=waveswell sorcerer] [item=sandshore snipper] [item=mottled sea serpent] [item=earthen acuity fragment] [item=eternal snow] [b]whales harpooned:[/b] 22
Redrock Cove

Stage 1 COMPLETE
on 1/22/2017

JFieSKo.png

notable drops:
Mana Bolt Riptide Clipper x2 Murkbottom Gull Minor Health Potion x10 Diseased Might Fragment Mirage Puffer Aquatic Might Fragment Barnacle-Encrusted Bottle x4 Might Fragment x3 Frozen Acuity Fragment Waveswell Sorcerer Sandshore Snipper Mottled Sea Serpent Earthen Acuity Fragment Eternal Snow

whales harpooned: 22
hHEJ356.gif
DPSlXho.png
waterway [item=rat king] or [item=ghostly rat lord] notable loot: [item=sludge sifter] [item=waterway pipe]x8 [item=waverider cape]x2 [item=cumulus seal]x2 [item=minor health potion]x4 [item=dappled seal] [item=shale thresher] [item=crested river flight] [item=zephyr acuity fragment] [item=noggle] [item=leaf bolt] [item=fiery might fragment] [item=bladed flatleaf]x17 grinding for roaches for firefly at the same time as for the rat boss... it has a very high fam drop rate. and cape drop rate. just,,, fanrats aren't spawning rat kings are for some reason (rat)kings slain: 20
waterway

Rat King or Ghostly Rat Lord

notable loot:
Sludge Sifter Waterway Pipe x8 Waverider Cape x2 Cumulus Seal x2 Minor Health Potion x4 Dappled Seal Shale Thresher Crested River Flight Zephyr Acuity Fragment Noggle Leaf Bolt Fiery Might Fragment Bladed Flatleaf x17

grinding for roaches for firefly at the same time as for the rat boss...
it has a very high fam drop rate. and cape drop rate. just,,, fanrats aren't spawning
rat kings are for some reason

(rat)kings slain: 20
hHEJ356.gif
DPSlXho.png
1 2 3