Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Breed Hybrid Contest - 800G in Prizes!
1 2 3 4 5 6
[center][img]https://image.ibb.co/mXrHVF/competition1.png[/img] [size=5]When you put two dragons of different breeds on a nest together, you have a chance to get a hatchling of either breed. But what if that wasn't the case? What if you got a hybrid? What would they look like? Would they have their mother's stance and their father's body? Their mother's head and their father's wings? Would they look like their mother but have their genes pattern over the bodies differently, like it does on their father? The purpose of this contest is to explore this concept. If you could hybridize two breeds, which would they be, and what would the end result look like?[/size][/center] [center][size=6]Rules[/size] [/center] [LIST=1] [*]Post here and ping me to enter your name as a contestant. You do not have to submit your art at the same time as you enter your name. [*]Submit your art by August 20; winner will be declared on August 23. [*]I will not be picking the winners myself. Instead, the users of FR will have 3 days to vote. [*]Each artist can submit up to three (3) different hybrids, but they can not be three different hybrids of the same two breeds. (In other words an artist can submit an imperial/bogsneak, imperial/wildclaw, and imperial/spiral, but not three different ideas of what an imperial/bogsneak might look like.) [*]Art can be digital, traditional, felt work, paper cutouts, or anything else in the same vein. [*]Dragons should be drawn wearing little to no apparel! Dragons wearing a lot of apparel will be disqualified. [*]Please follow the ToS, and be nice to other contestants! [/LIST] [center][size=4]Please Note: When you submit your art, I will move it to a new thread, and then have you delete the post! When time comes for people to vote, I will open the thread to everyone; this way earlier submissions will not inspire or intimidate other contestants. Or, alternately, feel free to PM me your entries.[/size][/center] [center][size=6]Contestants[/size][/center] [LIST] [*]@SkullLotus (0/3 images entered) [*]@angrysnake (0/3 images entered) [*]@Astomnus (1/3 images entered) [*]@leechkisses (0/3 images entered) [*]@Michaelaharsh09 (0/3 images entered) [*]@Ikora (0/3 images entered) [*]@oOKookieOo (0/3 images entered) [*]@Dreamcoyote (0/3 images entered) [*]@GrackleDragon (0/3 images entered) [*]@YoungAndMenace (0/3 images entered) [*]@Omalleycat (0/3 images entered) [*]@Muck (0/3 images entered) [*]@CloudyTheCat (0/3 images entered) [*]@Sivi (0/3 images entered) [*]@mOOnxmOOn (0/3 images entered) [/LIST] [center][size=6]WINNERS[/size] [size=5]First Place[/size] Prize: 500 gems [size=5]Second Place[/size] Prize: 200 gems [size=5]Third Place[/size] Prize: 100 gems [size=6]Happy Designing![/size][/center]
competition1.png

When you put two dragons of different breeds on a nest together, you have a chance to get a hatchling of either breed.

But what if that wasn't the case?

What if you got a hybrid?

What would they look like? Would they have their mother's stance and their father's body? Their mother's head and their father's wings? Would they look like their mother but have their genes pattern over the bodies differently, like it does on their father?

The purpose of this contest is to explore this concept. If you could hybridize two breeds, which would they be, and what would the end result look like?

Rules
  1. Post here and ping me to enter your name as a contestant. You do not have to submit your art at the same time as you enter your name.
  2. Submit your art by August 20; winner will be declared on August 23.
  3. I will not be picking the winners myself. Instead, the users of FR will have 3 days to vote.
  4. Each artist can submit up to three (3) different hybrids, but they can not be three different hybrids of the same two breeds. (In other words an artist can submit an imperial/bogsneak, imperial/wildclaw, and imperial/spiral, but not three different ideas of what an imperial/bogsneak might look like.)
  5. Art can be digital, traditional, felt work, paper cutouts, or anything else in the same vein.
  6. Dragons should be drawn wearing little to no apparel! Dragons wearing a lot of apparel will be disqualified.
  7. Please follow the ToS, and be nice to other contestants!

Please Note: When you submit your art, I will move it to a new thread, and then have you delete the post! When time comes for people to vote, I will open the thread to everyone; this way earlier submissions will not inspire or intimidate other contestants. Or, alternately, feel free to PM me your entries.

Contestants

WINNERS

First Place
Prize: 500 gems

Second Place
Prize: 200 gems

Third Place
Prize: 100 gems

Happy Designing!

pigeon2pidgesig.png
Voter Ping List
Ask to be added here, and I'll ping you once the voting starts!
Voter Ping List
Ask to be added here, and I'll ping you once the voting starts!
pigeon2pidgesig.png
^
^
pigeon2pidgesig.png
This sounds like a fun little challenge! I love designing hybrids of things
This sounds like a fun little challenge! I love designing hybrids of things
alstroemeria%20fox%20resize_zps726bl9bp.png
@AfternoonPigeon
here for contest!
@AfternoonPigeon
here for contest!
66-BDA59-A-F395-442-D-ADC8-72-AAA10-E29-C5.png
@SkullLotus I've added you to the list. Good luck!
@SkullLotus I've added you to the list. Good luck!
pigeon2pidgesig.png
@angrysnake Shall I add you to the contestant list then?
@angrysnake Shall I add you to the contestant list then?
pigeon2pidgesig.png
@afternoonpigeon yes please!
@afternoonpigeon yes please!
alstroemeria%20fox%20resize_zps726bl9bp.png
@AfternoonPigeon
oh heck I am absolutely going to join, I would love hybrids in Flight Rising! (i wish it could be a thing honestly)
@AfternoonPigeon
oh heck I am absolutely going to join, I would love hybrids in Flight Rising! (i wish it could be a thing honestly)
@angrysnake @Astomnus
Awesome! I've added you! Good luck to you both!
@angrysnake @Astomnus
Awesome! I've added you! Good luck to you both!
pigeon2pidgesig.png
1 2 3 4 5 6