Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | The Familiar Hunt
1 2 3 4
So I've decided to actively attempt to get every familiar I can in this game, starting with grinding the Coli. I'm still at the Training Fields level (I'm missing 11 of them still). If anyone has tips about coli grinding for familiars or is doing something similar, let's chat!
So I've decided to actively attempt to get every familiar I can in this game, starting with grinding the Coli. I'm still at the Training Fields level (I'm missing 11 of them still). If anyone has tips about coli grinding for familiars or is doing something similar, let's chat!
♥♥♥
I'll do writing commissions for retired familiars! Message me!
♥♥♥
Got a Mith Bruiser! 10 to go...
Got a Mith Bruiser! 10 to go...
♥♥♥
♥♥♥
I'm down to the last 6 familiars in the training fields! I've gotten like four in the last hour, what is my luck.
I'm down to the last 6 familiars in the training fields! I've gotten like four in the last hour, what is my luck.
♥♥♥
♥♥♥
Best of luck! The road to a full bestiary is a long, hard, and very expensive one! You may want to plop your progress into the Quests & Challenges forum (or the megathread) to compare with other people and maybe even get help!
Best of luck! The road to a full bestiary is a long, hard, and very expensive one! You may want to plop your progress into the Quests & Challenges forum (or the megathread) to compare with other people and maybe even get help!
7m8ENT7.gif
x x x
Ceremonial Scythe Sharpened Scythe
x x
Wishlist
@SilverDeath

I didn't even know there was a quests forum! Thanks! Still grinding the training fields. Got a forum vista tho!!
@SilverDeath

I didn't even know there was a quests forum! Thanks! Still grinding the training fields. Got a forum vista tho!!
♥♥♥
♥♥♥
@thetiniestnerd Most of the older coli familiars can be bought off the AH. I'd say set an allowance (or buying threshold) and just browse your Bestiary and search everything in the AH. Probably set up a spreadsheet for the ones out of your buying range for now (see if you can Coli Grind/Swip Swap/Baldwin them)

Level Baldwin! He's got a nice set of familiars that are (mostly) within reach. (SKINKS....)

Level *all* your gathering options! Each gathering type has a few possible familiars you can gather.

If you're going to Coli grind for most of these familiars, see if any of the loot drops go towards Swip Swap familiars!

Bond with a (reasonable) set of familiars every day. You don't have to put a familiar on every dragon in your lair (I only equip up to 3 pages in my lair.) Swap out the awakened for fresh familiars as you go. It's possible to get familiar drops from opening chests too!

Good Luck! Be aware that there are some ungodly-expensive familiars out there (Boolean... Kickstarter rewards.... LIGHT SPRITE.....) and don't beat yourself up if you can't get your hands on those. (Aim for familiars that are within the realm of possibility!)

Good luck!
@thetiniestnerd Most of the older coli familiars can be bought off the AH. I'd say set an allowance (or buying threshold) and just browse your Bestiary and search everything in the AH. Probably set up a spreadsheet for the ones out of your buying range for now (see if you can Coli Grind/Swip Swap/Baldwin them)

Level Baldwin! He's got a nice set of familiars that are (mostly) within reach. (SKINKS....)

Level *all* your gathering options! Each gathering type has a few possible familiars you can gather.

If you're going to Coli grind for most of these familiars, see if any of the loot drops go towards Swip Swap familiars!

Bond with a (reasonable) set of familiars every day. You don't have to put a familiar on every dragon in your lair (I only equip up to 3 pages in my lair.) Swap out the awakened for fresh familiars as you go. It's possible to get familiar drops from opening chests too!

Good Luck! Be aware that there are some ungodly-expensive familiars out there (Boolean... Kickstarter rewards.... LIGHT SPRITE.....) and don't beat yourself up if you can't get your hands on those. (Aim for familiars that are within the realm of possibility!)

Good luck!
84si1j.png
Yeah, start with the cheaper ones and work your way up to the more expensive ones. The ones that drop in the Coli are usually the cheapest, but some of the gathering ones are cheap too (like the trunkers).

You aren't going to be able to get all of the familiars, though. As an example, the boolean sells for the equivalent of $8000...
Yeah, start with the cheaper ones and work your way up to the more expensive ones. The ones that drop in the Coli are usually the cheapest, but some of the gathering ones are cheap too (like the trunkers).

You aren't going to be able to get all of the familiars, though. As an example, the boolean sells for the equivalent of $8000...
@raptorix

First of all, thanks so much for all the advice! I'm doing the coli grinding mostly because I don't want to blow all my treasure on these familiars when I need to expand my lair and there are others I'm saving up for (like the sprites OTL).

Baldwin is further down on my quest priority list. I level with him daily by just throwing random stuff in the cauldron, but I do have a build up of a fair amount of materials for when I get around to him. As of right now, I'm planning on doing the coli, then Swipp, because by then I should've stored up more than enough for all those familiars, then Baldwin. From there I should have built up enough excess stuff to sell it all off and have a decent budget for the AH.

I also got very, very lucky in that my partner, bless them, had two sprites and the golden bantam fanger, realized how much I adored familiars, and just freaking gave them to me. Like WHAT?!?!?! I was so pumped. So that took Earth and Plague sprites off my list, as well as the "golden lion", as they like to call the fanger. I've got the other 9 to go through (and I'm in a wind and ice raffle right now), plus the familiars from this year's Night of the Nocturne. I was inactive around that time and so I missed the ones that were new. I did NotN 2015, so I have all those familiars. I have a sticky note on my laptop of the ones I need to get. I'm also a little weird about making sure that when I've been inactive for a holiday, I look up the festival post, find the name of the familiar, and grab it off the AH. I have all of them except for the sprites.

And I know I'll never quite have them all. I've accepted that I won't get a Boolean, or a Speedy, or the Kickstarter ones, and maybe even some of the sprites. But all the more basic ones, even the gem marketplace ones, I hope to get. This is probably gonna take at minimum a year, but it gives me something to do while listening to podcasts.

Also I'm insane and I totally have a familiar on all 4 of my full pages and the dragons I'm keeping on my fifth page. I only keep awakened ones on a dragon if they're matched for lore or aesthetic reasons (I need to swap out ones that aren't bound to dragons cause I haven't yet). I live for those gilded chest drops. Kills me when I get a double tho omg.

On another note, if you wanna discuss what excess familiars I have in exchange for you gift, hit me up. This goes for anyone else too who may be interested in a trade. I throw extras straight in my vault for later. I don't tend to give them to Baldwin often, cause I'm always worried about messing up and converting the wrong one, so I have a decent backlog.

Anyways, thanks again!
@raptorix

First of all, thanks so much for all the advice! I'm doing the coli grinding mostly because I don't want to blow all my treasure on these familiars when I need to expand my lair and there are others I'm saving up for (like the sprites OTL).

Baldwin is further down on my quest priority list. I level with him daily by just throwing random stuff in the cauldron, but I do have a build up of a fair amount of materials for when I get around to him. As of right now, I'm planning on doing the coli, then Swipp, because by then I should've stored up more than enough for all those familiars, then Baldwin. From there I should have built up enough excess stuff to sell it all off and have a decent budget for the AH.

I also got very, very lucky in that my partner, bless them, had two sprites and the golden bantam fanger, realized how much I adored familiars, and just freaking gave them to me. Like WHAT?!?!?! I was so pumped. So that took Earth and Plague sprites off my list, as well as the "golden lion", as they like to call the fanger. I've got the other 9 to go through (and I'm in a wind and ice raffle right now), plus the familiars from this year's Night of the Nocturne. I was inactive around that time and so I missed the ones that were new. I did NotN 2015, so I have all those familiars. I have a sticky note on my laptop of the ones I need to get. I'm also a little weird about making sure that when I've been inactive for a holiday, I look up the festival post, find the name of the familiar, and grab it off the AH. I have all of them except for the sprites.

And I know I'll never quite have them all. I've accepted that I won't get a Boolean, or a Speedy, or the Kickstarter ones, and maybe even some of the sprites. But all the more basic ones, even the gem marketplace ones, I hope to get. This is probably gonna take at minimum a year, but it gives me something to do while listening to podcasts.

Also I'm insane and I totally have a familiar on all 4 of my full pages and the dragons I'm keeping on my fifth page. I only keep awakened ones on a dragon if they're matched for lore or aesthetic reasons (I need to swap out ones that aren't bound to dragons cause I haven't yet). I live for those gilded chest drops. Kills me when I get a double tho omg.

On another note, if you wanna discuss what excess familiars I have in exchange for you gift, hit me up. This goes for anyone else too who may be interested in a trade. I throw extras straight in my vault for later. I don't tend to give them to Baldwin often, cause I'm always worried about messing up and converting the wrong one, so I have a decent backlog.

Anyways, thanks again!
♥♥♥
♥♥♥
@AboveClouds

Yeah the Boolean is on my "don't kid yourself, this will never happen" list. OTL
@AboveClouds

Yeah the Boolean is on my "don't kid yourself, this will never happen" list. OTL
♥♥♥
♥♥♥
@thetiniestnerd
Good luck with the quest. I'm down to 9 unfilled slots in my bestiary. Of those, 4 are sort of obtainable with the Light Sprite being the most expensive one of those. The 5 remaining after that are pretty much beyond reach given I don't wish to spend the time grinding for the currency (especially with the gem:treasure ration such as it is now).
@thetiniestnerd
Good luck with the quest. I'm down to 9 unfilled slots in my bestiary. Of those, 4 are sort of obtainable with the Light Sprite being the most expensive one of those. The 5 remaining after that are pretty much beyond reach given I don't wish to spend the time grinding for the currency (especially with the gem:treasure ration such as it is now).
tumblr_inline_nebbd6PAZE1qmu9vp.png
1 2 3 4