Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Hunting With Nifflers RL hunt
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 103 104
[quote]5. Do you have a green thumb, or do plants shrivel at the sight of you? For five points in the raffle, tell us about the plants you do - or don't - grow![/quote] I am not very good at plants lol. I currently have a few small succulents that are still alive. One isn't even properly buried in its soil, it just sits about on the top with a ball of soil round its roots... I should really plant that properly. I had a mimosa for a little while in my first year of uni, which I adopted from one of my biology classes. It was fine when I walked home with it in the cold weather, and actually did okay in my cool room. It even managed to hang on when I went home for the Christmas holidays, but when I got back there were several dry bits and dead leaves in its pot. So of course I held the pot out the window to clear out the dead leaves, and tipped it a little too far... and the dry soil in the pot was looser than I thought... and the mimosa fell out the window. RIP mimosa.
Quote:
5. Do you have a green thumb, or do plants shrivel at the sight of you? For five points in the raffle, tell us about the plants you do - or don't - grow!

I am not very good at plants lol. I currently have a few small succulents that are still alive. One isn't even properly buried in its soil, it just sits about on the top with a ball of soil round its roots... I should really plant that properly.

I had a mimosa for a little while in my first year of uni, which I adopted from one of my biology classes. It was fine when I walked home with it in the cold weather, and actually did okay in my cool room. It even managed to hang on when I went home for the Christmas holidays, but when I got back there were several dry bits and dead leaves in its pot.
So of course I held the pot out the window to clear out the dead leaves, and tipped it a little too far... and the dry soil in the pot was looser than I thought... and the mimosa fell out the window. RIP mimosa.
[quote name="ryttu3k" date=2017-05-25 04:43:19] @stormydanish, it lasts to the end of Greenskeeper's! So, two weeks in total. And for mammals, yeah, fair enough, NZ is kind of a special case for mammals! Have a look around and see if you can snap a bat or something (or a dolphin or sea lion, haha!), but if not, then farm animals can work in this case. [/quote] @ryttu3k awesome, thank you for the quick response! Sadly there aren't any sealions in this part of NZ, and I've never seen a wild NZ bat or dolphin in my life x_x Hopefully a sheep or horse will be exotic enough!
ryttu3k wrote on 2017-05-25:
@stormydanish, it lasts to the end of Greenskeeper's! So, two weeks in total.

And for mammals, yeah, fair enough, NZ is kind of a special case for mammals! Have a look around and see if you can snap a bat or something (or a dolphin or sea lion, haha!), but if not, then farm animals can work in this case.

@ryttu3k awesome, thank you for the quick response! Sadly there aren't any sealions in this part of NZ, and I've never seen a wild NZ bat or dolphin in my life x_x Hopefully a sheep or horse will be exotic enough!
Stg5Ceo.gif » New Zealand | +19 FR time
» Any pronouns
» Wishlist
@ryttu3k I've finished the Plantae category! As well as 12, 13, and 19.

The cat in mammal is mostly just because he's adorable and I spent 20 minutes playing with him yesterday.
@ryttu3k I've finished the Plantae category! As well as 12, 13, and 19.

The cat in mammal is mostly just because he's adorable and I spent 20 minutes playing with him yesterday.
JOMDIQa.png
I killed a venus flytrap somehow. Haven't really tried to grow anything since.
I killed a venus flytrap somehow. Haven't really tried to grow anything since.
xeDKNxe.pngeNitZGp.gif
@ryttu3k I'm really sad that I didn't realize this event had started but please add me to the pinglist!
@ryttu3k I'm really sad that I didn't realize this event had started but please add me to the pinglist!
a1f80d3732a26eb2d3a0a0fc3cb161fa078301cd.png
Fletcher/ Kin | FR+1:00
any pronouns

Hatchery || Playlist Shop
Wishlist || IG
Daily bump 5!

I'm wonderful at killing plants. This isn't to say I don't try - I try and plant a garden every year. It dies immediately, I clean up, and I try again next year. That said, catnip is VERY hardy. One year I didn't need to kill everything I tried to grow, because it did that for me. It filled my garden and made a lot of cats very happy.
Daily bump 5!

I'm wonderful at killing plants. This isn't to say I don't try - I try and plant a garden every year. It dies immediately, I clean up, and I try again next year. That said, catnip is VERY hardy. One year I didn't need to kill everything I tried to grow, because it did that for me. It filled my garden and made a lot of cats very happy.
Click my pixel babies?

(I should acquire more pixel babies.)
I grow tomatoes yearly~ :)
I grow tomatoes yearly~ :)
Free max level brewing. Thread here!
For the daily bump:

I, ah... am not very good at plants. I always either over- or under-water them, and I'm never sure how much space they need, and sometimes I forget if I've already watered them today or not...

No, not very good at plants!
For the daily bump:

I, ah... am not very good at plants. I always either over- or under-water them, and I'm never sure how much space they need, and sometimes I forget if I've already watered them today or not...

No, not very good at plants!
event-sig-small-4.png
@SugaywaraKoushi

pinging for later
@SugaywaraKoushi

pinging for later
7QmJtGf.png
I'll try to grow anything, and it usually turns out pretty well. The excess sunlight that we get in the spring/ summer has an interesting effect on most plants! Cabbage, peas, and broccoli grow well, as well as potatoes and pumpkins.
I'll try to grow anything, and it usually turns out pretty well. The excess sunlight that we get in the spring/ summer has an interesting effect on most plants! Cabbage, peas, and broccoli grow well, as well as potatoes and pumpkins.
bookend2_by_midnightsunscribbler-dcjtcka.pnglava_vial_by_midnightsunscribbler-dcj25tb.png coaticon_by_midnightsunscribbler-dchjlsh.pngdahlia7_by_midnightsunscribbler-dbxxs6j.pngpartners_icon_by_midnightsunscribbler-dcge7tt.png ink_vial_by_midnightsunscribbler-dciyf4p.pngbookend_by_midnightsunscribbler-dcjszkd.png
1 2 ... 41 42 43 44 45 ... 103 104