Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Sorcha's Wand Contest: JUDGING
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@EbonyBadger
So, we are able to craft our wands out of any material and submit a picture?
How would we be submitting the picture and would we do it with a form?
@EbonyBadger
So, we are able to craft our wands out of any material and submit a picture?
How would we be submitting the picture and would we do it with a form?
Hello! Welcome to Flight Rising!

Yes, any material is fine, just be safe! There is a form you can copy and paste on the fist page under "How to Enter" Here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2178596/1#post_27018331

For submitting a picture, you first have to upload it to an image hosting website. There plenty of great free ones out there! Once uploaded they will give you a "BCC" code that you can copy and paste as well! If not, just right click and 'copy image url'. Then click the tree button and paste it in to add it to your post.

Here's a great guide to Flight Rising BCCode if you run into any issues:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1047514
Hello! Welcome to Flight Rising!

Yes, any material is fine, just be safe! There is a form you can copy and paste on the fist page under "How to Enter" Here: http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/qnc/2178596/1#post_27018331

For submitting a picture, you first have to upload it to an image hosting website. There plenty of great free ones out there! Once uploaded they will give you a "BCC" code that you can copy and paste as well! If not, just right click and 'copy image url'. Then click the tree button and paste it in to add it to your post.

Here's a great guide to Flight Rising BCCode if you run into any issues:
http://www1.flightrising.com/forums/gde/1047514
@EbonyBadger, seconding the "be safe" thing. I found my old woodburning tool at like 4 AM, got some hair tangled in it as I worked, and... fried a piece of my hair like an idiot. It smells terrible, btw. Burning hair, I mean. And the smell is attached to my head now. D: not dangerous exactly , but not a good plan. The smell could have set off the fire alarm. >_> On the plus side I can now draw weird cryptic things on wood objects and leave them lying around in nearby forests for people to wonder about. XD Oh, and also make wands. :P A real question, though. [quote]Most Thoughtful - Most well-written lore and inspiration, can see the concept was thought through during the creation of the entry[/quote] [quote] [code] [quote=Wand Contest Entry] [i]@Ebonybadger[/i] [b]Username:[/b] [b]Category:[/b] [b]Photo:[/b] [b]Short Description:[/b] [/quote] [/code][/quote] So you mention lore for "most thoughtful," but for the entry itself we must only post a short description of the thing itself. I have lore for the one I'm working on, but I don't wanna make my entry too long, you know? If youre down to read lore rambles I'll just go with it, but I didn't wanna exceed a "short" description without being sure you're cool with it. :P
@EbonyBadger, seconding the "be safe" thing. I found my old woodburning tool at like 4 AM, got some hair tangled in it as I worked, and... fried a piece of my hair like an idiot. It smells terrible, btw. Burning hair, I mean. And the smell is attached to my head now. D: not dangerous exactly , but not a good plan. The smell could have set off the fire alarm. >_>

On the plus side I can now draw weird cryptic things on wood objects and leave them lying around in nearby forests for people to wonder about. XD Oh, and also make wands. :P

A real question, though.
Quote:
Most Thoughtful - Most well-written lore and inspiration, can see the concept was thought through during the creation of the entry
Quote:
Code:
[quote=Wand Contest Entry] [i]@Ebonybadger[/i] [b]Username:[/b] [b]Category:[/b] [b]Photo:[/b] [b]Short Description:[/b] [/quote]

So you mention lore for "most thoughtful," but for the entry itself we must only post a short description of the thing itself. I have lore for the one I'm working on, but I don't wanna make my entry too long, you know? If youre down to read lore rambles I'll just go with it, but I didn't wanna exceed a "short" description without being sure you're cool with it. :P
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
@Xarina - GAHH, I am so mad at myself for not including that in the form! I have changed that now. I am willing to read longer lore for sure!

@LadyKnightKatsa @Dragonscorch - I have added a lore section to the contest form. It is optional but it IS required to be eligible for the 'most thoughtful' prize pack. You may edit your post with that info if you would like. No need to change the coding, since it's totally my bad. :(
@Xarina - GAHH, I am so mad at myself for not including that in the form! I have changed that now. I am willing to read longer lore for sure!

@LadyKnightKatsa @Dragonscorch - I have added a lore section to the contest form. It is optional but it IS required to be eligible for the 'most thoughtful' prize pack. You may edit your post with that info if you would like. No need to change the coding, since it's totally my bad. :(
Update: Prizes announced today.
Update: Prizes announced today.
[quote=Wand Contest Entry] [i]@Ebonybadger[/i] [b]Username:[/b] Quinineer [b]Category:[/b] Illustration [b]Photo:[/b] [img]http://i.imgur.com/CvhKoWF.png[/img] [b]Short Description:[/b] This wand is surprisingly diminutive and slender. It is crafted from rosewood, inlaid with a strange, mossy thorned vine of sorts . (Luckily, the thorns have been removed from the grip.) Swirling patterns have been carved into its length, and at the base are some unknown symbols. [b]Lore[/b] (Optional): [/quote]
Wand Contest Entry wrote:
@Ebonybadger

Username: Quinineer
Category: Illustration
Photo:
CvhKoWF.png
Short Description:
This wand is surprisingly diminutive and slender. It is crafted from rosewood, inlaid with a strange, mossy thorned vine of sorts . (Luckily, the thorns have been removed from the grip.) Swirling patterns have been carved into its length, and at the base are some unknown symbols.
Lore (Optional):
JBEajtP.gif
@Quinineer

Beautiful! I love the rose-shaped spell, it really brings the whole thing together. Thank you for your entry. :)
@Quinineer

Beautiful! I love the rose-shaped spell, it really brings the whole thing together. Thank you for your entry. :)
@Quinineer, beautiful! The intricate designs on the wand itself remind me of the woodburning I'm trying to do on my 3-D one. I have an appreciation for whoever carved that thing, I'd have given up after attempting that handle. xD

((Yeah, I'm subbed here so that I can see all the art. I am 100% stalking this contest. :P))
@Quinineer, beautiful! The intricate designs on the wand itself remind me of the woodburning I'm trying to do on my 3-D one. I have an appreciation for whoever carved that thing, I'd have given up after attempting that handle. xD

((Yeah, I'm subbed here so that I can see all the art. I am 100% stalking this contest. :P))
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
@Xarina Aw, thanks! Good luck with the woodburning! (I also have no crafting skills whatsoever, so I'll be sure to check back in for all the wonderful creations and illustrations ^^)
@Xarina Aw, thanks! Good luck with the woodburning! (I also have no crafting skills whatsoever, so I'll be sure to check back in for all the wonderful creations and illustrations ^^)
JBEajtP.gif
SO COOL!!

As an avid Harry Potter fan, I can... NOT say I have ever made a wand or bought one... But this sounds fun! Making stuff in real life is more fun for me (though harder) than drawing (also my drawing skills cannot compare to 90% of the art people have made here XD), so perhaps I'll make a wand. Now I just need to buy some brown paint...

It'll probably end up failing, but hey, it's fun to fail sometimes.
SO COOL!!

As an avid Harry Potter fan, I can... NOT say I have ever made a wand or bought one... But this sounds fun! Making stuff in real life is more fun for me (though harder) than drawing (also my drawing skills cannot compare to 90% of the art people have made here XD), so perhaps I'll make a wand. Now I just need to buy some brown paint...

It'll probably end up failing, but hey, it's fun to fail sometimes.
~Samrya Gamgee~
Books! Books! Books! Yes, they are a whole different world.
"All that is gold does not glitter/Not all who wander are lost/The old that is strong does not wither/Deep roots are not reached by the frost." Aragorn's Song
"You cannot pass!"~Gandalf the Grey
"I don't go looking for trouble. Trouble usually finds me."~Harry Potter
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9