Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [GG] Sorcha's Wand Contest: JUDGING
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
@Xarina

Thanks! Yours is really good too! (I haven't done clay in a while, but it's fun to work with, and you did a good job)
@Xarina

Thanks! Yours is really good too! (I haven't done clay in a while, but it's fun to work with, and you did a good job)
5X7uUDht.png

~3 hours ahead of FR time~
~She/Her~
Dragons for Sale
@Dragonscorch, thats actually not my handiwork, but @LadyKnightKatsa's!

Mine is wood... and is currently sitting in a bag of tea leaves and water in an attempt to stain it. This won't go well because you need steel wool (or rusty nails, I hear?) + vinegar + tea/coffee to truly create a DIY wood stain, and I am using tea and water as if it'll do anything. Ah, the joys of having no car to go get what I actually need!

But yeah, if anyone lurking here is doing a wood wand, google DIY wood stain if you care. It's not "chemical free" as many DIYers like to say (I mean vinegar/steel are chemical compounds that have a chemical reaction, lol), but it is cheap as hell to make yourself, apparently. *shrug* It's art science! Assuming it works. I've never really tried it but I see good results according to what I've read. It'll probably smell awful though, idk if the results are worth the smell... eh, I'll try it one day. :P

I should probably stop all my rambling on this thread. xD My bad, @EbonyBadger!
@Dragonscorch, thats actually not my handiwork, but @LadyKnightKatsa's!

Mine is wood... and is currently sitting in a bag of tea leaves and water in an attempt to stain it. This won't go well because you need steel wool (or rusty nails, I hear?) + vinegar + tea/coffee to truly create a DIY wood stain, and I am using tea and water as if it'll do anything. Ah, the joys of having no car to go get what I actually need!

But yeah, if anyone lurking here is doing a wood wand, google DIY wood stain if you care. It's not "chemical free" as many DIYers like to say (I mean vinegar/steel are chemical compounds that have a chemical reaction, lol), but it is cheap as hell to make yourself, apparently. *shrug* It's art science! Assuming it works. I've never really tried it but I see good results according to what I've read. It'll probably smell awful though, idk if the results are worth the smell... eh, I'll try it one day. :P

I should probably stop all my rambling on this thread. xD My bad, @EbonyBadger!
Galaxy-Skull.png ~~ ZNNyeOb.pngyeet
She/Her/Hers || Plagueling/Arcanite
FR+3 || I'm forgetful, PM me if I left something unfinished!

004-002.png1538e856e41a13dba7976f5bd7ceb13ea32a79e2.gif cd29c9512a3694d23a652f31a199ebb9.png 1074515.png
@Xarina @LadyKnightKatsa

I'm so sorry this is what I get for not double checking and trusting my memory DX
@Xarina @LadyKnightKatsa

I'm so sorry this is what I get for not double checking and trusting my memory DX
5X7uUDht.png

~She/Her~
Dragons for Sale
@Dragonscorch - Very cool! I love the texture you have created in the handle.

To keep things fair, I'm going to have to unfortunately say no to entering previously made wands, since there is a deadline/time frame involved.

I would, however, love to see it if you decide you would like to share a picture anyways. :)
@Dragonscorch - Very cool! I love the texture you have created in the handle.

To keep things fair, I'm going to have to unfortunately say no to entering previously made wands, since there is a deadline/time frame involved.

I would, however, love to see it if you decide you would like to share a picture anyways. :)
@Xarina - No worries! One of the points of this thread to encourage sharing of ideas and sparking conversations! Feel free to "ramble" all you want---I am quite susceptible to bouts as well. ;^_^
@Xarina - No worries! One of the points of this thread to encourage sharing of ideas and sparking conversations! Feel free to "ramble" all you want---I am quite susceptible to bouts as well. ;^_^
@EbonyBadger

Alright! I might make a similar one later though, if I can find things to use for it. (I'm getting more ideas that may or may not work lol)

Link to the old wand
@EbonyBadger

Alright! I might make a similar one later though, if I can find things to use for it. (I'm getting more ideas that may or may not work lol)

Link to the old wand
5X7uUDht.png

~She/Her~
Dragons for Sale
@Dragonscorch - I love it. There's a lot of fine detail the shiny black really makes it pop. :)
@Dragonscorch - I love it. There's a lot of fine detail the shiny black really makes it pop. :)
@EbonyBadger

Are Most Realistic, Most Resourceful, and Most Thoughtful awards, or do I pick one to enter? The descriptions make them sound like awards but they're listed with the separate 2D category. I'm not sure people would know which one was the best fit for their project. (Or maybe I'm just not good at finding strengths and weaknesses?)

I haven't started on a wand yet, but I'm brainstorming ideas and thinking about entering.

Thank you!
@EbonyBadger

Are Most Realistic, Most Resourceful, and Most Thoughtful awards, or do I pick one to enter? The descriptions make them sound like awards but they're listed with the separate 2D category. I'm not sure people would know which one was the best fit for their project. (Or maybe I'm just not good at finding strengths and weaknesses?)

I haven't started on a wand yet, but I'm brainstorming ideas and thinking about entering.

Thank you!
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
@Bellzan - Technically they were to be categories, but I am actually working on some restructuring right now. I agree that they make more sense as awards. Please bear with me as this is my first contest on this large of a scale. ;^^
@Bellzan - Technically they were to be categories, but I am actually working on some restructuring right now. I agree that they make more sense as awards. Please bear with me as this is my first contest on this large of a scale. ;^^
@EbonyBadger

Thanks for the clarification! It makes more sense to me now. Now off to make my wand!

Edit: typo
@EbonyBadger

Thanks for the clarification! It makes more sense to me now. Now off to make my wand!

Edit: typo
44303339972_bbca1c3340_o.gif button_cts.png512.1xOrd.bellzan_zpsoczvztar.png24990473472_c6b3e103bf_o.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9